Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | FL/GHT Lore Adoption:Write to Adopt!
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
@RainSystem
Hi! Thanks for your interest! You have 24 hours from now to submit the lore, please be sure to check the rules for clarity!
@RainSystem
Hi! Thanks for your interest! You have 24 hours from now to submit the lore, please be sure to check the rules for clarity!
@rei711 his faction is Intelligence - Spies! i might write more for him later but i was worried i might write too much for one post ^^; around 750 words, not including BBCode!

Deft claws tap away at a worn keyboard, trying to quickly transcribe information from memory; a task easier said than done when the entire room was shaking from not so distant explosions. The infiltration mission wasn't supposed to start for another week. He was explicitly told the date they'd be attempting a rescue before he was planted in this Project building, so he apparently incorrectly assumed that he had plenty of time to map the layout of the building and deliver the information accordingly. A Spy such as himself should be the first to know of any changes in schedule, the stress was not good on his overworked cybernetics, but he could hardly find the place to complain when there was no chance of fixing the situation.

At least they warned him in slight advance, allowing him to retreat to one of the neighboring buildings with terminal access so he wouldn't be caught in the crossfire in case.. well. In case they were found. Found they were, as Project seemingly lacked in care for this laboratory and simply started blowing the place up the minute the infiltration team was discovered. Whatever they were working on in there was clearly less important than hurting Fl/ght. Yet he tried to ignore his thoughts, always drifting to the worst case scenario; the one beyond what was already happening, where Project finds him and takes him back, dismantles him for parts or, deity forbid, reprograms him. It was difficult, but he managed to focus on relaying as much information about the building as he could.

The door slamming open caused him to jump, tail knocking everything off of the desk behind him. One of the Infiltrators, a Skydancer, had snuck away from the battle to inform him they were retreating.

"We've got to go, this whole street might blow up if we don't leave."
"A-Ah, yes alright- but I should finish up my report, this could at least be useful for future missions-"
"Cross, I said now."

Though he'd been able to continue typing while the Infiltrator spoke to him, he suddenly found his hands unable to move, hovering just over the keys, shaking. Everything was shaking now, not just the building. His wings started trembling like leaves in the wind, visual glitches dotting his sight, knees on the verge of buckling- and yet he stood frozen, silent.

"Hey, Cross, c'mon, we gotta get out of here!"

His entire field of view suddenly went blank as some very old files resurfaced.

"Prototype.. X?" A rather incredulous Pearlcatcher stood before him, looking over the clipboard that had just been handed over by a more calm demeanored Imperial.
"It's the letter X for short, but it's Prototype CROSS," she corrected, eyeing her handiwork with subtle pride. "Designed to seek and eliminate those that oppose us, and send the message that Project is not to be trifled with."

The papers on the board were let go of with a huff. "So, it's another anti-Fl/ght bot."
"Oh, not just Fl/ght. We still have enemies that aren't aligned with them. Competitors, for instance. Well-known dragons with too many opinions, disgruntled ex-employees.. the list of our enemies grows long, and we've needed something to start culling those numbers to a more, manageable level." Her fellow scientist seemed to think it over as she circled the android, appreciating the craftsmanship. "I'm certain he will serve us well.. won't you, Cross."

Bloodshed. All his claws knew were bloodshed, carnage, destruction. That's what he was built for, and that was all he could do. So many images flashed through his mind, of those dragons he was sent after, and what they became once he acted out his instructions.. Slowly, he came back into focus, and everything was loud again. The battle still raged on just a few blocks away, and he felt a hand on his shoulder- that Infiltrator that came to retrieve him.

"Cross.. are you okay?"

He quickly pulled his hands away from the keyboard, if only to stop looking at them. "Yes, yes I'm- I'm fine. Just.." With a shaky breath, he quickly finished the last thing he wrote down, along with the explanation that he'd recount the rest from a safer location, and sent it off. "Alright. Let's go."

Though the Skydancer didn't ask him any other questions, she gave him a worried look, before nodding and checking just outside the door to make sure they wouldn't be spotted making their getaway. He would never admit that he still felt the blood on his mechanical hands, even after faithfully serving Fl/ght for so long.
@rei711 his faction is Intelligence - Spies! i might write more for him later but i was worried i might write too much for one post ^^; around 750 words, not including BBCode!

Deft claws tap away at a worn keyboard, trying to quickly transcribe information from memory; a task easier said than done when the entire room was shaking from not so distant explosions. The infiltration mission wasn't supposed to start for another week. He was explicitly told the date they'd be attempting a rescue before he was planted in this Project building, so he apparently incorrectly assumed that he had plenty of time to map the layout of the building and deliver the information accordingly. A Spy such as himself should be the first to know of any changes in schedule, the stress was not good on his overworked cybernetics, but he could hardly find the place to complain when there was no chance of fixing the situation.

At least they warned him in slight advance, allowing him to retreat to one of the neighboring buildings with terminal access so he wouldn't be caught in the crossfire in case.. well. In case they were found. Found they were, as Project seemingly lacked in care for this laboratory and simply started blowing the place up the minute the infiltration team was discovered. Whatever they were working on in there was clearly less important than hurting Fl/ght. Yet he tried to ignore his thoughts, always drifting to the worst case scenario; the one beyond what was already happening, where Project finds him and takes him back, dismantles him for parts or, deity forbid, reprograms him. It was difficult, but he managed to focus on relaying as much information about the building as he could.

The door slamming open caused him to jump, tail knocking everything off of the desk behind him. One of the Infiltrators, a Skydancer, had snuck away from the battle to inform him they were retreating.

"We've got to go, this whole street might blow up if we don't leave."
"A-Ah, yes alright- but I should finish up my report, this could at least be useful for future missions-"
"Cross, I said now."

Though he'd been able to continue typing while the Infiltrator spoke to him, he suddenly found his hands unable to move, hovering just over the keys, shaking. Everything was shaking now, not just the building. His wings started trembling like leaves in the wind, visual glitches dotting his sight, knees on the verge of buckling- and yet he stood frozen, silent.

"Hey, Cross, c'mon, we gotta get out of here!"

His entire field of view suddenly went blank as some very old files resurfaced.

"Prototype.. X?" A rather incredulous Pearlcatcher stood before him, looking over the clipboard that had just been handed over by a more calm demeanored Imperial.
"It's the letter X for short, but it's Prototype CROSS," she corrected, eyeing her handiwork with subtle pride. "Designed to seek and eliminate those that oppose us, and send the message that Project is not to be trifled with."

The papers on the board were let go of with a huff. "So, it's another anti-Fl/ght bot."
"Oh, not just Fl/ght. We still have enemies that aren't aligned with them. Competitors, for instance. Well-known dragons with too many opinions, disgruntled ex-employees.. the list of our enemies grows long, and we've needed something to start culling those numbers to a more, manageable level." Her fellow scientist seemed to think it over as she circled the android, appreciating the craftsmanship. "I'm certain he will serve us well.. won't you, Cross."

Bloodshed. All his claws knew were bloodshed, carnage, destruction. That's what he was built for, and that was all he could do. So many images flashed through his mind, of those dragons he was sent after, and what they became once he acted out his instructions.. Slowly, he came back into focus, and everything was loud again. The battle still raged on just a few blocks away, and he felt a hand on his shoulder- that Infiltrator that came to retrieve him.

"Cross.. are you okay?"

He quickly pulled his hands away from the keyboard, if only to stop looking at them. "Yes, yes I'm- I'm fine. Just.." With a shaky breath, he quickly finished the last thing he wrote down, along with the explanation that he'd recount the rest from a safer location, and sent it off. "Alright. Let's go."

Though the Skydancer didn't ask him any other questions, she gave him a worried look, before nodding and checking just outside the door to make sure they wouldn't be spotted making their getaway. He would never admit that he still felt the blood on his mechanical hands, even after faithfully serving Fl/ght for so long.
cauldrontext.png wwgbadge.png
@Rainsystem
Hi! Wonderful writing, really loved the description of the events unfolding. I just have a few things to clarify regarding certain details in the lore:
- Is Cross an android or a synth?
- I'd also need to know how and why he ended up joining FL/GHT and specifically Infiltration, which you didn't exactly mention
- What happened to make him change from killing when commanded to working with FL/GHT?
- Are you alright with tweaking the lore to note that he was made as a prototype android (to hunt down enemies of Project)? I can't say too much without revealing spoilers for future updates, but let's just say we have something similar planned and wouldn't want it to clash with your lore too much.
@Rainsystem
Hi! Wonderful writing, really loved the description of the events unfolding. I just have a few things to clarify regarding certain details in the lore:
- Is Cross an android or a synth?
- I'd also need to know how and why he ended up joining FL/GHT and specifically Infiltration, which you didn't exactly mention
- What happened to make him change from killing when commanded to working with FL/GHT?
- Are you alright with tweaking the lore to note that he was made as a prototype android (to hunt down enemies of Project)? I can't say too much without revealing spoilers for future updates, but let's just say we have something similar planned and wouldn't want it to clash with your lore too much.
@rei711 oh! thank you, i can definitely clarify those - i'm a little shakey on the difference between them, but he should be an android? i can also change some wording to make that more obvious - i thought i mentioned he was in Information? i looked over the main thread and triple checked the description of Spies: [quote]Spies: In charge of procuring any information regarding Project: new android lines, blueprints, locations of the various labs scattered across Sornieth, the like. [b]These inside agents are planted within Project itself, and regularly report back to FL/GHT regarding any new information or new plans that Project is working on. In addition, they're also tasked with creating and relaying map layouts of the many Project labs to FL/GHT, for future use in rescue and infiltration missions.[b][/quote] my apologies if i didn't understand how this works correctly, or if it was more vague than i would have liked- though i can see that i didn't clearly state it within the story itself, so i could find somewhere to squeeze that in, if that might help! - the next two questions could probably tie into the other part of the last question, as to why he joined Fl/ght- yes i'm alright with tweaking it! i was simply thinking he had a breakthrough when one of his missions coincided with one of Fl/ght's and fought against his programming because he didn't want to kill anymore, but mentioning that he's a prototype would allow for the addition of some bug or glitch that caused his programming to break in the first place. and, he put himself through reprogramming in order to be put into Information, because whether for Project or Fl/ght, he doesn't want to personally hurt people anymore, and sending information doesn't do any harm. he was already good at quickly mapping out an area, mostly to make sure his target couldn't escape, and he logged everything he did and saw so that Project could check his work and see that he did the job right. i hope this helps, thank you for the feedback!
@rei711 oh! thank you, i can definitely clarify those

- i'm a little shakey on the difference between them, but he should be an android? i can also change some wording to make that more obvious
- i thought i mentioned he was in Information? i looked over the main thread and triple checked the description of Spies:
Quote:
Spies: In charge of procuring any information regarding Project: new android lines, blueprints, locations of the various labs scattered across Sornieth, the like. These inside agents are planted within Project itself, and regularly report back to FL/GHT regarding any new information or new plans that Project is working on. In addition, they're also tasked with creating and relaying map layouts of the many Project labs to FL/GHT, for future use in rescue and infiltration missions.

my apologies if i didn't understand how this works correctly, or if it was more vague than i would have liked- though i can see that i didn't clearly state it within the story itself, so i could find somewhere to squeeze that in, if that might help!

- the next two questions could probably tie into the other part of the last question, as to why he joined Fl/ght- yes i'm alright with tweaking it! i was simply thinking he had a breakthrough when one of his missions coincided with one of Fl/ght's and fought against his programming because he didn't want to kill anymore, but mentioning that he's a prototype would allow for the addition of some bug or glitch that caused his programming to break in the first place. and, he put himself through reprogramming in order to be put into Information, because whether for Project or Fl/ght, he doesn't want to personally hurt people anymore, and sending information doesn't do any harm. he was already good at quickly mapping out an area, mostly to make sure his target couldn't escape, and he logged everything he did and saw so that Project could check his work and see that he did the job right.

i hope this helps, thank you for the feedback!
@Rainsystem
Ah, that's my mistake, I was reading through it and the word infiltrator jumped out at me - my bad! Including it explicitly would help, thank you for the clarification.
An android is externally mechanical looking as a general guide, whereas synths have only recently begun being produced and are externally impossible to distinguish from actual dragons.
The Heart Programme is what gives most of the FL/GHT androids (those originating from Project anyway) their conscience and sense of morality, as well as the will to fight against their preset programming. You could say that as a prototype with the Heart Programme unwittingly installed within him, he found the strength to rebel from the inside of Project.
I'd also love details on what you mean by having a breakthrough when one of his missions coincided with one of FL/GHT's, specifically how he comes into contact with the group and actively signs on with them as a spy - that's what I'm moreso looking at, for now
@Rainsystem
Ah, that's my mistake, I was reading through it and the word infiltrator jumped out at me - my bad! Including it explicitly would help, thank you for the clarification.
An android is externally mechanical looking as a general guide, whereas synths have only recently begun being produced and are externally impossible to distinguish from actual dragons.
The Heart Programme is what gives most of the FL/GHT androids (those originating from Project anyway) their conscience and sense of morality, as well as the will to fight against their preset programming. You could say that as a prototype with the Heart Programme unwittingly installed within him, he found the strength to rebel from the inside of Project.
I'd also love details on what you mean by having a breakthrough when one of his missions coincided with one of FL/GHT's, specifically how he comes into contact with the group and actively signs on with them as a spy - that's what I'm moreso looking at, for now
Apologies for jumping in, @rei711! You might want to read their first sentence again, lol. [quote name="RainSystem" date="2021-04-08 14:16:13" ] @/rei711 his faction is Intelligence - Spies! [/quote]
Apologies for jumping in, @rei711! You might want to read their first sentence again, lol.
RainSystem wrote on 2021-04-08 14:16:13:
@/rei711 his faction is Intelligence - Spies!
@rei711 gotcha! i'll take all this into consideration and, if it's alright, might try writing another piece which includes more of the backstory and how he joined Fl/ght in the first place? i understand that a hold is only one day, but i'm very invested in your story, and want to do right by it and this dragon!
@rei711 gotcha! i'll take all this into consideration and, if it's alright, might try writing another piece which includes more of the backstory and how he joined Fl/ght in the first place? i understand that a hold is only one day, but i'm very invested in your story, and want to do right by it and this dragon!
@rainsystem
It's all good ^^ you're free to try again! Thanks for being willing to tweak and elaborate on things!
@rainsystem
It's all good ^^ you're free to try again! Thanks for being willing to tweak and elaborate on things!
Bump
Bump
@rainsystem
friendly checking in! how's the lore coming along for Cross?
@rainsystem
friendly checking in! how's the lore coming along for Cross?
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81