Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Write/Draw to Adopt: Updates regularly
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 139 140
@LionHeart27 I kinda started and wouldn't stop writing ... I figure it can be confusing to read as well. Sorry for that, but I hope you still enjoy it [emoji=mirror tongue] Edit: Oh, and I'd like the name Tais for him! [quote][center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/509000/50899939p.png[/img][/center]Kaya waited. Her serpentine body was wound around the shattered pillar beneath her as she starred motionless into the wastelands. Even the most attentive viewer wouldn't be able to tell her apart from the broken statues residing all over the ruins of the Sanctuary. Nothing indicated that she was alive at all. The crackling sound of bones scraping over stone touched Kaya's ears, then the fluttering of a tongue as rough and deadly as her own scales and claws; demanding to be feed. Kaya waited. She was the only penitent left. She was the only believer left. She was the only [i](dragon I am a guard a dragon the last tooth in the chain)[/i] left. It was hard to tell some days, what she was. Except to be. Kaya waited. The torrid heat of the day made the air itself burn; the desert that was the Abiding Boneyard turned into a plain, swelling hell, where sunlight would meld skin and flesh away until ashes were all that was left. Her own hide was long gone. She was blessed [i](cursed oh don't think that oh no no curse blessing the great snake never curses no no no)[/i] to have surpassed the changing; the thick, pale bones emerging from her back and covering her body as a sign of her adapting, her surviving, her suffering were proof of this. Kaya starred. A spot had appeared in the flicker of air over the searing desert. It was far away and small and moving and it came closer. Kaya's ossified face did not allow her to form any expression, but the pupils in her bloody eyes widened. That. That was what she had been waiting for. Behind her soft hissing echoed from the catacombs through the collapsed and half under stone and dust buried hall of the Sanctuary, while the spot grew bigger, until she saw [i](a dragon a believer a gift maybe)[/i] a hatchling. Its gait was wobbly, it staggered and dragged its tiny claws over the sand, but somehow it was not falling and burning and dying. It was [i](stupid stupid oh run away oh oh don't oh don't come here)[/i] coming closer and Kaya recognized it as Pearlcatcher, even though the memory of races had become abstract and meaningless to her over the passage of time [i](so much time)[/i] and loneliness. And so she continued to watch and wait on her pillar; a silent audience following a scene unfolding patiently. Until the main protagonist of the play was falling. Kaya found herself wondering what should be done now. The hatchling wouldn't make it on its own. Would somebody come and help it? It took some minutes for her to figure out, that she could be the one doing it. It was a very confusing thought and Kaya needed time to mull it over. She was not supposed to mingle with the outside of the Sanctuary. It was not her place to be. But she could, although she shouldn't. [i](I shouldn't I am not allowed I no I am the last I can not leave I I)[/i] Endlessly slow she lowered her head. Her long, slender body followed the movement, until her stomach touched the ground. Like the Goddess eons before her time Kaya glided easily through the boiling sand, the wings, which had become useless long ago, pressed close to her body; all the way to the tiny dragon, that layed as motionless as she herself had been on her podium just moments before. There was no pearl. Maybe it was no Pearlcatcher at all. There were deep, no longer bleeding cuts in its hind leg. Maybe it was dead. It didn't matter. Kaya, the last guardian and believer of the Sanctuary of the Serpent, the last one to serve the ever-hungry children of her Goddess, lifted the hatchling of the ground and slithered back; soon disappearing into the thick darkness of the underground catacombs. For the first time since decades she felt hope rising its ugly, sharp-teethed head inside herself. Finally the Great Snake has send her a new apprentice.[/quote]
@LionHeart27
I kinda started and wouldn't stop writing ... I figure it can be confusing to read as well. Sorry for that, but I hope you still enjoy it
Edit: Oh, and I'd like the name Tais for him!
Quote:
50899939p.png
Kaya waited.
Her serpentine body was wound around the shattered pillar beneath her as she starred motionless into the wastelands. Even the most attentive viewer wouldn't be able to tell her apart from the broken statues residing all over the ruins of the Sanctuary. Nothing indicated that she was alive at all. The crackling sound of bones scraping over stone touched Kaya's ears, then the fluttering of a tongue as rough and deadly as her own scales and claws; demanding to be feed.
Kaya waited. She was the only penitent left. She was the only believer left. She was the only
(dragon I am a guard a dragon the last tooth in the chain)
left. It was hard to tell some days, what she was. Except to be.
Kaya waited. The torrid heat of the day made the air itself burn; the desert that was the Abiding Boneyard turned into a plain, swelling hell, where sunlight would meld skin and flesh away until ashes were all that was left. Her own hide was long gone. She was blessed
(cursed oh don't think that oh no no curse blessing the great snake never curses no no no)
to have surpassed the changing; the thick, pale bones emerging from her back and covering her body as a sign of her adapting, her surviving, her suffering were proof of this.
Kaya starred. A spot had appeared in the flicker of air over the searing desert. It was far away and small and moving and it came closer. Kaya's ossified face did not allow her to form any expression, but the pupils in her bloody eyes widened.
That. That was what she had been waiting for. Behind her soft hissing echoed from the catacombs through the collapsed and half under stone and dust buried hall of the Sanctuary, while the spot grew bigger, until she saw
(a dragon a believer a gift maybe)
a hatchling. Its gait was wobbly, it staggered and dragged its tiny claws over the sand, but somehow it was not falling and burning and dying. It was
(stupid stupid oh run away oh oh don't oh don't come here)
coming closer and Kaya recognized it as Pearlcatcher, even though the memory of races had become abstract and meaningless to her over the passage of time
(so much time)
and loneliness. And so she continued to watch and wait on her pillar; a silent audience following a scene unfolding patiently. Until the main protagonist of the play was falling.
Kaya found herself wondering what should be done now. The hatchling wouldn't make it on its own. Would somebody come and help it? It took some minutes for her to figure out, that she could be the one doing it. It was a very confusing thought and Kaya needed time to mull it over. She was not supposed to mingle with the outside of the Sanctuary. It was not her place to be. But she could, although she shouldn't.
(I shouldn't I am not allowed I no I am the last I can not leave I I)
Endlessly slow she lowered her head. Her long, slender body followed the movement, until her stomach touched the ground. Like the Goddess eons before her time Kaya glided easily through the boiling sand, the wings, which had become useless long ago, pressed close to her body; all the way to the tiny dragon, that layed as motionless as she herself had been on her podium just moments before. There was no pearl. Maybe it was no Pearlcatcher at all. There were deep, no longer bleeding cuts in its hind leg. Maybe it was dead.
It didn't matter.
Kaya, the last guardian and believer of the Sanctuary of the Serpent, the last one to serve the ever-hungry children of her Goddess, lifted the hatchling of the ground and slithered back; soon disappearing into the thick darkness of the underground catacombs. For the first time since decades she felt hope rising its ugly, sharp-teethed head inside herself.
Finally the Great Snake has send her a new apprentice.
fWKq08u.gif
@Midgardschlange your lore was amazing! Very ominous and interesting :) I'll send Tais over now [emoji=pearlcatcher tongue]
@Midgardschlange your lore was amazing! Very ominous and interesting :) I'll send Tais over now
I collect likes on dragons in this tab :]
@LionHeart27 Ahh, thanks! I hope to continue the story of the two brothers; maybe one day I'll post it somewhere, but only time will tell [emoji=pearlcatcher star]
@LionHeart27
Ahh, thanks! I hope to continue the story of the two brothers; maybe one day I'll post it somewhere, but only time will tell
fWKq08u.gif
@melethestel @dancingcrane @GrimHiive @Midgardschlange @Arkanjel
New hatchlings! Happy easter :)
New hatchlings! Happy easter :)
@LionHeart27 Happy Easter!
@LionHeart27 Happy Easter!
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
Two new mirrors!
Two new mirrors!
I'd love to claim [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51257590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/512576/51257590_350.png[/img] [/url] I'd name him Galen
I'd love to claim

51257590_350.png

I'd name him Galen
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
@sp580s He's held for you!
@sp580s He's held for you!
May I be added to the pinglist? :)
May I be added to the pinglist? :)
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Hyzenthlaay Added!
@Hyzenthlaay Added!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 139 140