Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Write/Draw to Adopt: Updates regularly
1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 139 140
@LadyDiscord Sounds good, she's held for you!
@LadyDiscord Sounds good, she's held for you!
I collect likes on dragons in this tab :]
@geekos @dancingcrane @GrimHiive @Midgardschlange @Arkanjel @Hyzenthlaay @HolyShipper @Everburn @ClaudiusBez @QuixoticStardust @evetype @Saphelle @Ashfoxx @MythicalUmbreon @Pluto248 @Lunaralight @gn0me @Jenshy @GayScreeching @Bxy26 @Sterlingstars @DracoExMorbus @Ani7032 @OscarRocks @EnglishRose @SkyofStars @FantasyMyth @CherryPuff84 @Starphire @Foxfyre936 @Lightsun68 @Tynethyne @kwozmotis @DrShadowCipher @TinkaDreamChaser @ElusiveNarwhal @Mcyt @minsconeofcold New dragons! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69912262][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=2&auth=dcb99a05b705481ff6b639584f63b097f4e31c14&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69912263][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=73&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=2&auth=5b53ccc147fb88ed77c4f246d93f8b9b230e8c07&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69912264][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=2&auth=82196848c3798c3d1c83ade7b2377fff0c41c1d3&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69932121][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=20&winggene=17&wings=167&auth=d360a05ebeef5e20767fb1d129a6da5ab4b8a6cc&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url]
@geekos @dancingcrane @GrimHiive @Midgardschlange @Arkanjel @Hyzenthlaay @HolyShipper @Everburn @ClaudiusBez @QuixoticStardust @evetype @Saphelle @Ashfoxx @MythicalUmbreon @Pluto248 @Lunaralight @gn0me @Jenshy @GayScreeching @Bxy26 @Sterlingstars @DracoExMorbus @Ani7032 @OscarRocks @EnglishRose @SkyofStars @FantasyMyth @CherryPuff84 @Starphire @Foxfyre936 @Lightsun68 @Tynethyne @kwozmotis @DrShadowCipher @TinkaDreamChaser @ElusiveNarwhal @Mcyt @minsconeofcold

New dragons!
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=2&auth=dcb99a05b705481ff6b639584f63b097f4e31c14&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=73&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=2&auth=5b53ccc147fb88ed77c4f246d93f8b9b230e8c07&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=67&tertgene=20&winggene=1&wings=2&auth=82196848c3798c3d1c83ade7b2377fff0c41c1d3&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=20&winggene=17&wings=167&auth=d360a05ebeef5e20767fb1d129a6da5ab4b8a6cc&dummyext=prev.png

@Lionheart27 for Megaera (crimson mane) and Tisiphone (slate mane). They join the sister I wrote for here in July 2019, who found her name, Alecto. 579 words.

Sisters United

*The less the child remembered of her origin, the fewer connections, the lack of touch and scent to bring her back here; the further away she was before she got a name, the better. For her. No matter how hard, how sneakily close he had come, how achingly desperately he needed to touch her, he never had.*
(A Father’s Sacrifice, from the lore of Demise and Providence)

She had gotten a name at last. Alecto, the Unceasing, the indefatigable nomad Huntress of those whose crimes would have put them in the depths of the Fortress of Ends. If indeed it was more than legend.

Memories or dreams. The Plague-eyed Alecto remembered another’s scent, another’s fur, eyes shadow-dark.
*”why will my father not acknowledge me?”* had been her furious hatchling wail. It did not matter how long ago the time, there was an ache within that never left.

That was why she was a nomad of a clan of nomads. Oh yes, they had their home lair, dug into the Reedcleft Ascent, and the dragons, new and ancient, who abided there. But none stayed for long. She had a place among them as her own, carved out to make the winds shriek in arctic tones familiar, but as dear as they were, they drove her away with equal intensity, too much unlike home to be home.

Lonely. In dreams she saw ones like and unlike her, shadow and wind-eyed, one voiceless, one gruff yet kind. Words remembered in sleep.

“Tell anyone who asks, that you nested here in the Plaguelands, that the child is yours. Be well away from here, and do not return. Ever.”

And more and more, ones even more like her, volcanic in their sharp roughness, with plague-eyes like hers. Huntresses alone, like her, images in dreams deity-sent. In anger, in promise of death to those who did evil, who swore falsely, who walked free with intent to harm. Furies like her, and in the same stark loneliness. In restless slumber and fretful wakefulness she called to them, howling like the blizzards she barely remembered, as loud as the Crescendo of her wind-eyed mother’s home. *”Listen to me, sisters, bound to me yet unknown! I have names for thee, an’ you come! Hunt with me together, for the nemeses are strong and endless! Megaera! Tisiphonè, hearken to Alecto who yearns for thee!”*

In the North, in a moment of silence on the battleground of Cairnstone Rest, a deep growling answer that vibrated thru the caller’s bone and sinew. *I am Anger, I am grudging fury, but I tire of battle alongside those who hold themselves apart from me in fear. The Lord Who quakes the Earth at every step, is calling me, but not to him. He sends me forth to who and what I do not know. But that name, Megaera, is a beacon pulling me, a crimson streak against the sky, and I will follow. Is it to you I come, at last?

Deep in the South, in seeming slumber, icy ambush, one too caught in longing for home to leave the prison she had made her own, answered in a voice as stony slate as her mane. *I am Death, the last being an escapee sees, when they launch themselves at the chains that bind the islands here. But I wish to see any other being than one I must kill. My Lord Warden releases me, and sends me forth to you. I come.”*

@Lionheart27 for Megaera (crimson mane) and Tisiphone (slate mane). They join the sister I wrote for here in July 2019, who found her name, Alecto. 579 words.

Sisters United

*The less the child remembered of her origin, the fewer connections, the lack of touch and scent to bring her back here; the further away she was before she got a name, the better. For her. No matter how hard, how sneakily close he had come, how achingly desperately he needed to touch her, he never had.*
(A Father’s Sacrifice, from the lore of Demise and Providence)

She had gotten a name at last. Alecto, the Unceasing, the indefatigable nomad Huntress of those whose crimes would have put them in the depths of the Fortress of Ends. If indeed it was more than legend.

Memories or dreams. The Plague-eyed Alecto remembered another’s scent, another’s fur, eyes shadow-dark.
*”why will my father not acknowledge me?”* had been her furious hatchling wail. It did not matter how long ago the time, there was an ache within that never left.

That was why she was a nomad of a clan of nomads. Oh yes, they had their home lair, dug into the Reedcleft Ascent, and the dragons, new and ancient, who abided there. But none stayed for long. She had a place among them as her own, carved out to make the winds shriek in arctic tones familiar, but as dear as they were, they drove her away with equal intensity, too much unlike home to be home.

Lonely. In dreams she saw ones like and unlike her, shadow and wind-eyed, one voiceless, one gruff yet kind. Words remembered in sleep.

“Tell anyone who asks, that you nested here in the Plaguelands, that the child is yours. Be well away from here, and do not return. Ever.”

And more and more, ones even more like her, volcanic in their sharp roughness, with plague-eyes like hers. Huntresses alone, like her, images in dreams deity-sent. In anger, in promise of death to those who did evil, who swore falsely, who walked free with intent to harm. Furies like her, and in the same stark loneliness. In restless slumber and fretful wakefulness she called to them, howling like the blizzards she barely remembered, as loud as the Crescendo of her wind-eyed mother’s home. *”Listen to me, sisters, bound to me yet unknown! I have names for thee, an’ you come! Hunt with me together, for the nemeses are strong and endless! Megaera! Tisiphonè, hearken to Alecto who yearns for thee!”*

In the North, in a moment of silence on the battleground of Cairnstone Rest, a deep growling answer that vibrated thru the caller’s bone and sinew. *I am Anger, I am grudging fury, but I tire of battle alongside those who hold themselves apart from me in fear. The Lord Who quakes the Earth at every step, is calling me, but not to him. He sends me forth to who and what I do not know. But that name, Megaera, is a beacon pulling me, a crimson streak against the sky, and I will follow. Is it to you I come, at last?

Deep in the South, in seeming slumber, icy ambush, one too caught in longing for home to leave the prison she had made her own, answered in a voice as stony slate as her mane. *I am Death, the last being an escapee sees, when they launch themselves at the chains that bind the islands here. But I wish to see any other being than one I must kill. My Lord Warden releases me, and sends me forth to you. I come.”*

All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@LionHeart27 Alright, I finished my little Short story for her, which i'm gonna update rguraly, since she is gonna be my "Subspecies Expert" (Tho she prefers "Paranormal Investigator") and I love ro collect different subspecies i stumble upon. So she's gonna have a lot of fun with my subspecies HibDen Tab ^^ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67923316][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/679234/67923316_350.png[/img][/url] Astora takes a lot after her mother, in terms of curiosity. Just like her, she wants to be a researcher. However, not the kind of researcher that occupies themselves with science or history. She is barely interested in any of those things. No, her interest lies elsewhere. Ghost, Spirits, folklore, Urban legends - whenever anyone mentions something slightly mysterious or paranormal, she instantly jumps at it. When she was still a young Hatchling and said “I want to be a paranormal investigator!” it was, well, still oddly specific, but most grown-ups would just take it with a chuckle as anyone would when a child says they want to become a princess. But Astora meant it. She read every book about ghosts, listened to every Elder’s tale, and as soon as she was able to spread her wings enough to travel the world, she did exactly that. At first, she simply travelled to the edge of her home territory. Far enough to see new faces and hear new stories, but still close enough to her family's mansion, to get back home within a day. Each day, she dared to travel out a little further, soon, leaving the Quarantine Zone for the first time. That’s when she met creatures, she only heard stories about, for the first time. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017#post_2412017]Necromances[/url] , which were said to be the personified will of the plaguebringer herself. From a distance Astora observed them with fascination, took notes, and compared what she heard about these creatures with what she saw. Her small physique helped her to stay hidden from them and allowed for closer observation. It was thrilling! She couldn’t wait to find more creatures she heard so much about! Maybe she would eventually find Drones of the much feared [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2397522/1] Hivemind[/url] if she searched hard enough? Maybe she would even stumble across some [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2858090#post_2858090]Moonbeasts[/url] or [Url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2962023#post_2962023] Swamp Things[/url] in time? After her first little discovery of the Necromancers, there was no holding her back anymore. She packed her things and left her home, to search the world for more mysteries. Of course she frequently came back to visit her parents and siblings, bringing back the strangest of souvenirs. But she would always be gone again in less than a day, continuing her endless search for the cryptid. It was a rainy day when Astora first heard the story of a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68491340] ”Cursed Wanderer”[/url]. It was a small village, in the middle of the Starwoods. She was just following some leads about the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F14J-Z96JXmTqmduzBPl6yxTBBZRmOnVp6C0FBqIGdtsw%2Fedit]Souls of the Starwood[/url] when she overheard some merchants complaining about the weather “It has been raining for days, it must be that wretched creature passing trough again.” an old Pearlcatcher selling Herbs scoffed. Astoras ears perked up. A wandering creature that controls the weather? Now that sounded interesting. Curiously she came closer, pretending to take a look at the merchant's wares. “Yes, Ava also told me, she spotted it at the edge of the woods last night. I hope it leaves soon, this weather is truly insufferable.” The Skydancer, chatting with the merchant, shook its head in disgust. ‘Interesting’ Astora thought 'Certainly worth checking out’ … _________________ Word Count ~520
@LionHeart27
Alright, I finished my little Short story for her, which i'm gonna update rguraly, since she is gonna be my "Subspecies Expert" (Tho she prefers "Paranormal Investigator") and I love ro collect different subspecies i stumble upon. So she's gonna have a lot of fun with my subspecies HibDen Tab ^^

67923316_350.png

Astora takes a lot after her mother, in terms of curiosity.
Just like her, she wants to be a researcher. However, not the kind of researcher that occupies themselves with science or history. She is barely interested in any of those things.
No, her interest lies elsewhere.
Ghost, Spirits, folklore, Urban legends - whenever anyone mentions something slightly mysterious or paranormal, she instantly jumps at it.
When she was still a young Hatchling and said “I want to be a paranormal investigator!” it was, well, still oddly specific, but most grown-ups would just take it with a chuckle as anyone would when a child says they want to become a princess.
But Astora meant it. She read every book about ghosts, listened to every Elder’s tale, and as soon as she was able to spread her wings enough to travel the world, she did exactly that.

At first, she simply travelled to the edge of her home territory. Far enough to see new faces and hear new stories, but still close enough to her family's mansion, to get back home within a day.
Each day, she dared to travel out a little further, soon, leaving the Quarantine Zone for the first time.
That’s when she met creatures, she only heard stories about, for the first time. Necromances , which were said to be the personified will of the plaguebringer herself. From a distance Astora observed them with fascination, took notes, and compared what she heard about these creatures with what she saw. Her small physique helped her to stay hidden from them and allowed for closer observation.
It was thrilling! She couldn’t wait to find more creatures she heard so much about!
Maybe she would eventually find Drones of the much feared Hivemind if she searched hard enough?
Maybe she would even stumble across some Moonbeasts or Swamp Things in time?
After her first little discovery of the Necromancers, there was no holding her back anymore. She packed her things and left her home, to search the world for more mysteries.
Of course she frequently came back to visit her parents and siblings, bringing back the strangest of souvenirs.
But she would always be gone again in less than a day, continuing her endless search for the cryptid.

It was a rainy day when Astora first heard the story of a ”Cursed Wanderer”. It was a small village, in the middle of the Starwoods. She was just following some leads about the Souls of the Starwood when she overheard some merchants complaining about the weather “It has been raining for days, it must be that wretched creature passing trough again.” an old Pearlcatcher selling Herbs scoffed.
Astoras ears perked up. A wandering creature that controls the weather? Now that sounded interesting. Curiously she came closer, pretending to take a look at the merchant's wares.
“Yes, Ava also told me, she spotted it at the edge of the woods last night. I hope it leaves soon, this weather is truly insufferable.” The Skydancer, chatting with the merchant, shook its head in disgust.
‘Interesting’ Astora thought 'Certainly worth checking out’ …

Word Count ~520
Me Fandragons
@dancingcrane
Ooh, I love their naming scheme! Sending them over now!
@dancingcrane
Ooh, I love their naming scheme! Sending them over now!
@LadyDiscord
I love how you interpreted different subspecies as cryptids and Astora's role as a cryptid hunter. Sending her now!
@LadyDiscord
I love how you interpreted different subspecies as cryptids and Astora's role as a cryptid hunter. Sending her now!
@LadyDiscord I had to look up 'cryptid'
very interesting read!
wikipedia would refer to your girl as a cryptozoologist :)

<snip>cryptids, which are animals presumed by followers of the cryptozoology pseudoscientific subculture to exist on the basis of anecdotal or other evidence considered insufficient by mainstream science. While biologists regularly identify new species following established scientific methodology, cryptozoologists focus on entities mentioned in the folklore record and rumour.<snip>

edit: so thanks, now I have a new job for one of my permas - a cryptozoologist. Good job for a clan that shifts Flights each year, eventually we get to explore the whole of Sornieth for cryptids!
Our clan welcomes a pseudoscientific collaboration with your clan!
We've recently discovered a subspecies we call 'magmarunners' and the other day we stumbled across a gaoler swamp sub-species whose name actually contained the word 'Cryptid', pretty sure we could find the link again if encouraged.
@LadyDiscord I had to look up 'cryptid'
very interesting read!
wikipedia would refer to your girl as a cryptozoologist :)

<snip>cryptids, which are animals presumed by followers of the cryptozoology pseudoscientific subculture to exist on the basis of anecdotal or other evidence considered insufficient by mainstream science. While biologists regularly identify new species following established scientific methodology, cryptozoologists focus on entities mentioned in the folklore record and rumour.<snip>

edit: so thanks, now I have a new job for one of my permas - a cryptozoologist. Good job for a clan that shifts Flights each year, eventually we get to explore the whole of Sornieth for cryptids!
Our clan welcomes a pseudoscientific collaboration with your clan!
We've recently discovered a subspecies we call 'magmarunners' and the other day we stumbled across a gaoler swamp sub-species whose name actually contained the word 'Cryptid', pretty sure we could find the link again if encouraged.
qDkA25S.png
@geekos @dancingcrane @GrimHiive @Midgardschlange @Arkanjel @Hyzenthlaay @HolyShipper @Everburn @ClaudiusBez @QuixoticStardust @evetype @Saphelle @Ashfoxx @MythicalUmbreon @Pluto248 @Lunaralight @gn0me @Jenshy @GayScreeching @Bxy26 @Sterlingstars @DracoExMorbus @Ani7032 @OscarRocks @EnglishRose @SkyofStars @FantasyMyth @CherryPuff84 @Starphire @Foxfyre936 @Lightsun68 @Tynethyne @kwozmotis @DrShadowCipher @TinkaDreamChaser @ElusiveNarwhal @Mcyt @minsconeofcold New dragons! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70280945][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/702810/70280945_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70280947][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/702810/70280947_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70477976][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=20&breed=6&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=91&tertgene=73&winggene=20&wings=8&auth=4e8040f0d0852c83fd63381a74f9c0a9682c1b11&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70477977][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=70&tertgene=73&winggene=20&wings=98&auth=64d4924ebf2f007ef66ccd2a005524b82026970a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url]
@geekos @dancingcrane @GrimHiive @Midgardschlange @Arkanjel @Hyzenthlaay @HolyShipper @Everburn @ClaudiusBez @QuixoticStardust @evetype @Saphelle @Ashfoxx @MythicalUmbreon @Pluto248 @Lunaralight @gn0me @Jenshy @GayScreeching @Bxy26 @Sterlingstars @DracoExMorbus @Ani7032 @OscarRocks @EnglishRose @SkyofStars @FantasyMyth @CherryPuff84 @Starphire @Foxfyre936 @Lightsun68 @Tynethyne @kwozmotis @DrShadowCipher @TinkaDreamChaser @ElusiveNarwhal @Mcyt @minsconeofcold

New dragons!
70280945_350.png

70280947_350.png

dragon?age=1&body=8&bodygene=20&breed=6&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=91&tertgene=73&winggene=20&wings=8&auth=4e8040f0d0852c83fd63381a74f9c0a9682c1b11&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=9&bodygene=17&breed=1&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=70&tertgene=73&winggene=20&wings=98&auth=64d4924ebf2f007ef66ccd2a005524b82026970a&dummyext=prev.png
@Lionheart27
Could I claim the female skydancer?
@Lionheart27
Could I claim the female skydancer?
My art shop super cheap! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3074098/1#post_49545725
She/her
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2932938#post_2932938 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
@OscarRocks Sure, she's held for you!
@OscarRocks Sure, she's held for you!
1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 139 140