Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | FREE G2 Lore Parent Hatchlings [9 Left]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
up
up
dczo4xi-76021b90-6931-49ef-b867-594928959049.pngdczo4wy-997fb76c-c66b-41d9-9247-08a8401fa432.pngdczo4x6-7e0f423d-a90d-494e-aea7-3a7d008128ff.pngdczo4wq-9703710d-590f-4992-848c-fa304469297d.png
up
up
dczo4xi-76021b90-6931-49ef-b867-594928959049.pngdczo4wy-997fb76c-c66b-41d9-9247-08a8401fa432.pngdczo4x6-7e0f423d-a90d-494e-aea7-3a7d008128ff.pngdczo4wq-9703710d-590f-4992-848c-fa304469297d.png
@Oramis This is a cool idea! Ngl I don't think this is the best thing I've ever written, but I love the idea and this girl :). Could I get her, please? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52495726] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524958/52495726_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Selene [b]Scry Just for Fun:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=14&bodygene=19&breed=14&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=0&winggene=41&wings=126&auth=95d291acc57c37674fad7af2077bc9c8916395d6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Lore:[/b] The market was stifling and hot, and I was already over it. My thick tundra fur and darker colors soaked in the heat and humidity, making it even more unbearable. I was jealous of her siblings, with their light colors and thin coats. Even those who were tundras had shed to their summer looks, while mine had stayed oddly thick, which on days like today made me hate being alive. After hours of waiting in the sun, strapped to a strong rope, we were lead out into the viewing area. Immediately patrons began to shout and yell bidding prices. "Five hundred for the green one!" "One thousand for that strong Guardian in the corner!" I shrank small into the corner of the pen we were all in, as one by one my siblings and friends were taken out and to their new masters. There was a flurry of emotions, the younger ones were happy to finally get out of the heat, while the older ones who understood what was going on walked away sadly. Time progressed until I was the only one left. The crowd screamed at me, and all I wanted was to be back in my beloved river, in the dead of night, with mother and father playing with me. All sorts of horrible things were said like, "What's wrong with that one? She still has the winter coat!" "She's probably real scrawny, not good for working." "It's a shame too, her colors are quite nice." "Look at her, she's too shy to work on any sort of farm. Who's going to buy her? A nursery?" I could only stand there in the corner, paralyzed when finally a buyer yelled out, "Fifty!" With that, I was taken out of the pen in shame, scared but also relieved to not be in the spotlight. I sold for the lowest of any of the hatchlings, and probably the lowest of the market today, judging by the little bits I had heard of previous auctions. My new master stood there, waiting for me in silence, holding a whip in his right claw. He looked at me in disgust, eyeing my thick fur like it was striped bright green. He didn't speak, and instead silently took hold of the noose around my neck and pulled me to the front of a cart, harnessing me like a beast. He gave the auctioneer the money and promptly snapped his whip, landing it hard on my ribs. I was thankful for my coat then, as, without it, the blow would have stung much worse. Knowing what he wanted me to do, I strained to flap my wings, trying in vain to get the cart off the ground. I pulled and pulled, but my body was not strong enough to pull the weight of him and the cart he was laying down in. I kept pushing and pushing, harder and harder, trying anything to make it go, to no avail, and eventually just started to walk slowly along the decrepit road. It was overgrown with vines and ferns and had not been used for a long, long, time. Night soon came and I kept pushing, scared to stop in fear I would be punished. Already I was losing any spirit I had, and I had only just arrived in the market that morning. Being a slave will do that to any dragon. Hours and hours later, we arrived at his lair. I was cold and wet, as he forced me to swim across the sea to the mainland because I was not able to fly there. Collapsing on the ground, I took in the surroundings, giving myself a little time to open up my senses into where I was. Despite it being the daytime, the entire forest we were in was dark. Shadowy purple vines climbed up dark trees, and fungi glowed under logs. The entire place smelled of rot and wet. Frogs croaked and very little birds sang. Finally unhitching me from the cart, I dragged myself to my feet and followed him inside a dark tunnel. It sloped steeply downwards and was wet and cold beneath my feet. At the base of it, the tunnel opened up into a massive cave, filled with cages, stakes, and lab equipment. Dragons occupied every cage except one, and all had their ribs showing and eyes sunken. Many were covered in blisters and chemical experiments, but their dead stares showed no emotion. He leads me over to the empty cage, which had nothing in it. No food, no water, no bed, nothing. I heaved myself down onto the cold iron floor of this place and silently watched him slam the cage door shut. Much time passed. I do not know the number of days or weeks I was down there. I felt myself becoming even weaker than before, and somehow knew I was becoming one of the zombies. No one talked. No one cared. Sometimes, they didn't even breathe. Some days new dragons came in, but I could not be bothered to care. All that seemed to matter was staying alive and working on the newest experiment. One day, I was working on a duplicate formula for turning dragons into Bogsneaks, but enhanced. My master wanted an army of them, and all those that had been turned so far had been disfigured in some way, and then executed. Today it was my turn to drink the concoction. I took the ladle, and my claws trembling out of weakness, I brought the reduction to my mouth and swallowed. It slid smoothly and slowly down my throat and provided a cooling sensation that was instantly refreshing. I felt a strange tingling, and then an aching pain everywhere as I felt my body slowly transform as I knew it would. I went to my cage and laid down, knowing my duty was complete. In a few hours, I would wake from my slumber and we would see the results, but until then, I knew I must sleep. It was quiet when I awoke, and no dragons were working, so I presumed it to be night. The ache had gone away, although the cage suddenly felt too small. My body was pressed up against it and the metal bars were incredibly cold, much colder than my fur should have allowed. I knew it was done. I was complete. Stretching my wings out as much as I could, I looked at them in the dim light. They had turned a weird light blue color that almost seemed to glow, and there appeared to be a goop on them, that no amount of wiping off could get rid of. As I stood there, studying my new body, I became aware of the fact I was stronger now. Much stronger. Curious, I stretched out my new talons to the bars of my cage and started to bend them outwards. I was surprised to find that they bent at just a slight touch, and soon made a hole big enough for me to fit through. Squeezing through the hole in the cage, I made it to the other side of the lab, now completely free for the first time. That night, I went up to each cage and made holes in them for the dragons inside, waking them up and letting them be free. As much as I felt an urgent need to get out of the lab, I felt a more pressing urge to let these others feel the same as I felt. Once the very last dragon had been freed, I raced up the tunnel with no other thought than to get out and see my family, and the sun again. I burst out of the mouth of the tunnel and immediately launched into the sky, hyped on adrenaline from the escape. I picked a random direction and flew that way, with very little sense of direction, other than to just get out of there. As I flew, I remembered a distinct memory of Nature, back in the days when I was just a hatchling, and suddenly felt a strong urge to go there, to look for my family. Seeing the Behemoth rising from the island was a glorious sight, and it took all the strength I could muster to not turn around in circles, invigorated by the sight of my childhood and new-found strength. Many moons passed on the Nature island, full of excitement and wonder. I learned many things about the world, the creatures and plants, and dangers. I was always on the lookout for any sign of my parents, but I saw nothing in the dense jungle. One day, I was traversing into a particularly dense area of the jungle when I stumbled upon a small outpost. In this was a dragon who offered me food and shelter, and a dragon to listen to. Soon, they told me of the Cult of the Sisters, a religious group they were a part of who would be potentially willing to let me in if I performed a ceremony in what they called the Mother Tree. I, of course, accepted, hoping that maybe in there I could find those who could fill in the gaps in my purpose, and give me more dragons to love. The ceremony wasn't difficult, and afterward, I felt proud and accepted, and even though I had only known them for very little time, they welcomed me like family, loving and caring for my many needs, due to spending so long in the lab. I never found my family. Why would I need to? I have the Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer to look to for advice, and my clanmates for any sort of interaction I could ever need. I'm home.
@Oramis This is a cool idea! Ngl I don't think this is the best thing I've ever written, but I love the idea and this girl :). Could I get her, please?

52495726_350.png

Name: Selene
Scry Just for Fun: dragon?age=1&body=14&bodygene=19&breed=14&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=17&tertgene=0&winggene=41&wings=126&auth=95d291acc57c37674fad7af2077bc9c8916395d6&dummyext=prev.png

Lore:

The market was stifling and hot, and I was already over it. My thick tundra fur and darker colors soaked in the heat and humidity, making it even more unbearable. I was jealous of her siblings, with their light colors and thin coats. Even those who were tundras had shed to their summer looks, while mine had stayed oddly thick, which on days like today made me hate being alive.

After hours of waiting in the sun, strapped to a strong rope, we were lead out into the viewing area. Immediately patrons began to shout and yell bidding prices.

"Five hundred for the green one!"
"One thousand for that strong Guardian in the corner!"

I shrank small into the corner of the pen we were all in, as one by one my siblings and friends were taken out and to their new masters. There was a flurry of emotions, the younger ones were happy to finally get out of the heat, while the older ones who understood what was going on walked away sadly.

Time progressed until I was the only one left. The crowd screamed at me, and all I wanted was to be back in my beloved river, in the dead of night, with mother and father playing with me. All sorts of horrible things were said like,

"What's wrong with that one? She still has the winter coat!"
"She's probably real scrawny, not good for working."
"It's a shame too, her colors are quite nice."
"Look at her, she's too shy to work on any sort of farm. Who's going to buy her? A nursery?"

I could only stand there in the corner, paralyzed when finally a buyer yelled out,

"Fifty!"

With that, I was taken out of the pen in shame, scared but also relieved to not be in the spotlight. I sold for the lowest of any of the hatchlings, and probably the lowest of the market today, judging by the little bits I had heard of previous auctions.

My new master stood there, waiting for me in silence, holding a whip in his right claw. He looked at me in disgust, eyeing my thick fur like it was striped bright green. He didn't speak, and instead silently took hold of the noose around my neck and pulled me to the front of a cart, harnessing me like a beast.

He gave the auctioneer the money and promptly snapped his whip, landing it hard on my ribs. I was thankful for my coat then, as, without it, the blow would have stung much worse.

Knowing what he wanted me to do, I strained to flap my wings, trying in vain to get the cart off the ground. I pulled and pulled, but my body was not strong enough to pull the weight of him and the cart he was laying down in.

I kept pushing and pushing, harder and harder, trying anything to make it go, to no avail, and eventually just started to walk slowly along the decrepit road. It was overgrown with vines and ferns and had not been used for a long, long, time.

Night soon came and I kept pushing, scared to stop in fear I would be punished. Already I was losing any spirit I had, and I had only just arrived in the market that morning. Being a slave will do that to any dragon.

Hours and hours later, we arrived at his lair. I was cold and wet, as he forced me to swim across the sea to the mainland because I was not able to fly there. Collapsing on the ground, I took in the surroundings, giving myself a little time to open up my senses into where I was.

Despite it being the daytime, the entire forest we were in was dark. Shadowy purple vines climbed up dark trees, and fungi glowed under logs. The entire place smelled of rot and wet. Frogs croaked and very little birds sang.

Finally unhitching me from the cart, I dragged myself to my feet and followed him inside a dark tunnel. It sloped steeply downwards and was wet and cold beneath my feet.

At the base of it, the tunnel opened up into a massive cave, filled with cages, stakes, and lab equipment. Dragons occupied every cage except one, and all had their ribs showing and eyes sunken. Many were covered in blisters and chemical experiments, but their dead stares showed no emotion.

He leads me over to the empty cage, which had nothing in it. No food, no water, no bed, nothing. I heaved myself down onto the cold iron floor of this place and silently watched him slam the cage door shut.

Much time passed. I do not know the number of days or weeks I was down there. I felt myself becoming even weaker than before, and somehow knew I was becoming one of the zombies. No one talked. No one cared. Sometimes, they didn't even breathe.

Some days new dragons came in, but I could not be bothered to care. All that seemed to matter was staying alive and working on the newest experiment.

One day, I was working on a duplicate formula for turning dragons into Bogsneaks, but enhanced. My master wanted an army of them, and all those that had been turned so far had been disfigured in some way, and then executed. Today it was my turn to drink the concoction.

I took the ladle, and my claws trembling out of weakness, I brought the reduction to my mouth and swallowed. It slid smoothly and slowly down my throat and provided a cooling sensation that was instantly refreshing. I felt a strange tingling, and then an aching pain everywhere as I felt my body slowly transform as I knew it would.

I went to my cage and laid down, knowing my duty was complete. In a few hours, I would wake from my slumber and we would see the results, but until then, I knew I must sleep.

It was quiet when I awoke, and no dragons were working, so I presumed it to be night. The ache had gone away, although the cage suddenly felt too small. My body was pressed up against it and the metal bars were incredibly cold, much colder than my fur should have allowed. I knew it was done. I was complete.

Stretching my wings out as much as I could, I looked at them in the dim light. They had turned a weird light blue color that almost seemed to glow, and there appeared to be a goop on them, that no amount of wiping off could get rid of.

As I stood there, studying my new body, I became aware of the fact I was stronger now. Much stronger. Curious, I stretched out my new talons to the bars of my cage and started to bend them outwards. I was surprised to find that they bent at just a slight touch, and soon made a hole big enough for me to fit through.

Squeezing through the hole in the cage, I made it to the other side of the lab, now completely free for the first time.

That night, I went up to each cage and made holes in them for the dragons inside, waking them up and letting them be free. As much as I felt an urgent need to get out of the lab, I felt a more pressing urge to let these others feel the same as I felt.

Once the very last dragon had been freed, I raced up the tunnel with no other thought than to get out and see my family, and the sun again.

I burst out of the mouth of the tunnel and immediately launched into the sky, hyped on adrenaline from the escape. I picked a random direction and flew that way, with very little sense of direction, other than to just get out of there.

As I flew, I remembered a distinct memory of Nature, back in the days when I was just a hatchling, and suddenly felt a strong urge to go there, to look for my family.

Seeing the Behemoth rising from the island was a glorious sight, and it took all the strength I could muster to not turn around in circles, invigorated by the sight of my childhood and new-found strength.

Many moons passed on the Nature island, full of excitement and wonder. I learned many things about the world, the creatures and plants, and dangers. I was always on the lookout for any sign of my parents, but I saw nothing in the dense jungle.

One day, I was traversing into a particularly dense area of the jungle when I stumbled upon a small outpost. In this was a dragon who offered me food and shelter, and a dragon to listen to.

Soon, they told me of the Cult of the Sisters, a religious group they were a part of who would be potentially willing to let me in if I performed a ceremony in what they called the Mother Tree.

I, of course, accepted, hoping that maybe in there I could find those who could fill in the gaps in my purpose, and give me more dragons to love.

The ceremony wasn't difficult, and afterward, I felt proud and accepted, and even though I had only known them for very little time, they welcomed me like family, loving and caring for my many needs, due to spending so long in the lab.

I never found my family. Why would I need to? I have the Gladekeeper and Plaguebringer to look to for advice, and my clanmates for any sort of interaction I could ever need. I'm home.

@Oramis Hey, um thought I should give you a bump just in case you missed my first ping for the post above? Thanks :D
@Oramis Hey, um thought I should give you a bump just in case you missed my first ping for the post above? Thanks :D
@krazkitcat omg so sorry I totally missed your first ping, it's absolutely amazing what you've done with them and you can 100% have them for all your hard work, I'll go send through a cr in a few mins c:
@krazkitcat omg so sorry I totally missed your first ping, it's absolutely amazing what you've done with them and you can 100% have them for all your hard work, I'll go send through a cr in a few mins c:
[center]Affiliate bump! :>[/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2615338][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/df7cc6ed-11fe-4aae-84ca-0259fb6ea3fb/dcxkk7z-1bfd88b1-c5dc-40f1-9315-3f0864da76f7.png[/img][/url][/center]
Affiliate bump! :>
dcxkk7z-1bfd88b1-c5dc-40f1-9315-3f0864da76f7.png
dcxi1tf-f78305da-62da-492c-91d9-f483c294a947.png
bump
bump
bump
bump
up
up
bump
bump
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16