Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707
@decaffeinated [s]Is Elsabet available for taking, or just for writing prompt type things?[/s] Edit: I get it now, hold on, I'll post a second with lore. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55246189] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/552462/55246189_350.png[/img] [/url]
@decaffeinated Is Elsabet available for taking, or just for writing prompt type things?

Edit: I get it now, hold on, I'll post a second with lore.

55246189_350.png

NorthernBluee%2527s%2BGaspar.pngWishlist Dream Dragons
She never spoke a word about who she was, or where she came from. The other dragons would stare as she passed, unspoken questions following after until she was out of sight. Many suspected she had done terrible things, while others wondered if terrible things happened to her. A few things they all seemed to understand was, she never stayed in the same place for too long, and that her name was Elsabet.

For moons she hid, tucking herself into the darkness by herself for days at a time to avoid being discovered. Yes, her and her family were strong, but so many had been wiped off the map due to what they were. Or, rather, what people thought they were. All she really knew was that she had to make sure her remaining family thrived, lived, survived. Whatever word you prefer to use. As time progressed, she began to track down her relatives, making charts and tabs to keep a visual on their general locations. With the help of the couriers coming in and out, she could determine who had been caught, and who had moved on.

Here she sat, gentle tendrils of fog dissolving in the wind from another spell. Simple and sweet, all she needed to do was organize her notes before she continued on. The trail she took was long and bare, the leafless trees beacons amongst the snow. Even so, she still felt as if she was being watched. Courier dragons flew overhead, clouds of frozen breath puffing from their little snouts. It seemed that they were wearing jumpers and tail cozies to help fight against the harsh season. That made a spark of joy ignite in her chest. How cute.

Her destination was of a distant brother's home, one that she never had the privilege to meet before he had to leave. She was always told that it was for their own good, for everybody's safety, and as true as that may be, she envied the older siblings she had, and the younger still to come. These were dragons that she seemed to have slimmer and slimmer chances of meeting, considering how fast their lights died out on her map. This brother, though... this brother was just as careful as she was. He could help her for sure. They could bond and share spells, recipies and stories while they tracked down their remaining family. They could make sure everybody was safe, and stayed that way. And considering how intelligent and careful he was, there was no way he could have been found after this long.

That's why she was so shocked to see the entire location scorched, fallen and wounded dragons here and there. And the biggest shock of all, her brother, laying amoung the fallen comrades.

@Decaffeinated I have no idea how long this is, I just... typed, for a really long time.
She never spoke a word about who she was, or where she came from. The other dragons would stare as she passed, unspoken questions following after until she was out of sight. Many suspected she had done terrible things, while others wondered if terrible things happened to her. A few things they all seemed to understand was, she never stayed in the same place for too long, and that her name was Elsabet.

For moons she hid, tucking herself into the darkness by herself for days at a time to avoid being discovered. Yes, her and her family were strong, but so many had been wiped off the map due to what they were. Or, rather, what people thought they were. All she really knew was that she had to make sure her remaining family thrived, lived, survived. Whatever word you prefer to use. As time progressed, she began to track down her relatives, making charts and tabs to keep a visual on their general locations. With the help of the couriers coming in and out, she could determine who had been caught, and who had moved on.

Here she sat, gentle tendrils of fog dissolving in the wind from another spell. Simple and sweet, all she needed to do was organize her notes before she continued on. The trail she took was long and bare, the leafless trees beacons amongst the snow. Even so, she still felt as if she was being watched. Courier dragons flew overhead, clouds of frozen breath puffing from their little snouts. It seemed that they were wearing jumpers and tail cozies to help fight against the harsh season. That made a spark of joy ignite in her chest. How cute.

Her destination was of a distant brother's home, one that she never had the privilege to meet before he had to leave. She was always told that it was for their own good, for everybody's safety, and as true as that may be, she envied the older siblings she had, and the younger still to come. These were dragons that she seemed to have slimmer and slimmer chances of meeting, considering how fast their lights died out on her map. This brother, though... this brother was just as careful as she was. He could help her for sure. They could bond and share spells, recipies and stories while they tracked down their remaining family. They could make sure everybody was safe, and stayed that way. And considering how intelligent and careful he was, there was no way he could have been found after this long.

That's why she was so shocked to see the entire location scorched, fallen and wounded dragons here and there. And the biggest shock of all, her brother, laying amoung the fallen comrades.

@Decaffeinated I have no idea how long this is, I just... typed, for a really long time.
NorthernBluee%2527s%2BGaspar.pngWishlist Dream Dragons
@decaffeinated I'm snagging this gal here. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53589135] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/535892/53589135_350.png[/img] [/url] A nameless dragoness loops trough the darkened evening skies,seeking something or perhaps..someone? A new home,a place to live. While she liked it at the motel,sitting there 24/7 got seriously boring and...Nobody seems to be interested in going out. On top of that she doesn't have a name-at all. Who is like that! Every dragon she's met thus far,has a name, be it one with grand super mysterious meaning or a simple,goofy to outright [I]ridiculous[/i] one-so naturally when meeting with new faces they say their name. That's okay,alright. But the problem comes a second later when [i]they[/i],ask for [i]her[/i] name. [I]Gods it's awkward! And so frustrating![/I] Why didn't her parents give her a name?! Any! Heck,she would have even accepted being named [i]Dangling goat noodles[/i]! Even that! Just not to be nameless,but [i]no[/i]! So image how embarrassing it is when people at the motel have to address her- [i]"Miss..." The dragon behind the registry desk at reception paused uncomfortably,trying to eighter look for a name tag or initials but found none of that stuff,so they continued on awkwardly-"..Unnamed? Er,here is your key to room 308 on third floor." They said,giving the Spiral a key.[/i] Yes,she remembers this rather inconvenient moment quite vividly. The dragon breathed a long puff of heated smoke in irritation at the memory,snorting indignantly while staring ahead with a sneer. Absurd,unacceptable.Simply unacceptable. She remembers that one time at the motel when she had jokingly said that a member of whichever clan,guild,whatever,gives her a name-she would remain in that group. The shadowling had laughed along with the other residents. She was so absorbed into her thoughts that she nearly slammed into a tall Pine tree. Yelping in surprise,the serpentine dragon maneuvered sharply in ateempt at steering away from it but one of her wings got caught in its branches and before she knew it,she was spiraling downwards like a helicopter that's out of control. Unconsciously she wrapped her tail around the bark and continued to fly down,now flapping her remaining two free wings frantically until she finally reached the ground. Or more like,slid to the ground-she had wrapped her entire body in her panicking. It seems like she was in the Wispwillow Grove,because two towers were standing before her-just a few meters away. And then there were footsteps-heavy footsteps. A pthalo scaled Imperial came into view,clearly headed towards the towers and the gate between them. Then a Guardian appeared,and then a Mirror-two to be exact. One of them turned their heads in her direction and eyed her curiously for a long moment before finally asking-" "You okay? What are ya doing up there? Come on,it's getting dangerously late." The other dragon in the group glanced back,watching the dark male questioningly. "Noxtur,who are you talking to? Where are you going? C'on we gotta go home." It was the other Mirror-a female. So the approaching male is called Noxtur,huh. "Just helping out a damsel in distress,Inuwa. You go with the others-Amate,can you skip and notify Tym of a new arrival? If he's not asleep already,that is..I think he's an early bird...Oh and Regal? Please notify Persy,you know how she gets with surprise guests-all sus and such." The largest of the bunch-Amate probably-nods nonchalantly with a grin and resumes his striding,calling out a lighthearted "Don't stay for too long!" before dissappearing down the path and past the gate with the Guardian stomping after slowly. Somehow within minutes,Noxtur untangled the poor noodle from the tree and somewhat mechanically led her the same path,mumbling a faint "Come on." It was late at night when they made it past the main village of Dragons' roost and reached the Lone Cottages where a meager neighborhood was located. They approached the first lodge closest to the gravelly valley and the Mirror rapped on the wooden door five times,until a voice yelped on the other side-"Comin',Comin'." An average tall painted centaur opened the door,looking tired yet still friendly as he muttered something but paused when he spotted the two dragons on the porch. He had dark brown wooly hair tied into a very loose side ponytail,warm chocolate brown doe eyes and bushy eyebrows that were raised subtly in surprise. "Oh,hello. What brings you two here at this hour?" He asked,voice holding a Scottish accent. "Ah,hey Tym,hope you don't mind taking in this..uh,poor wandering soul,for the night. ...You weren't just heading to bed,right?" The patrol guard asked,earning himself a slight smile that held a different meaning. "Nope,they're very much welcomed. So..come in,it's getting a wee cold at this time of the year-you know how it is." He said,opening the door a little more and stepped aside to allow the duo to enter. Nox strolled inside easily,unconsciously still dragging the other dragon after him. Once inside,the Spiral gaped at the interior-the walls were a soft wisteria with a vintage lantern hung over the fireplace in the antre and small clay pots were lined up on a shelf on the right wall. Under it was a comfortable looking sofa and a nice white puffy carpet that seems to be made rather than bought with a unique zigzagging patterns that crisscross. Opposite of the entrance is a set of wooden stairs that lead to the second floor,under the stairs was a small room. They haven't asked for her name yet. Which is odd.Oh boy,how she dreads that inevitable moment. "Well,I'm gonna leave you here,pal-I got a duty or two more to deal with. Don't worry,if you need something-just tell Tym over there." Nox reassured and gave her a sympathetic pat on the shoulder,nodded his goodbye to the guesthouse keeper and left,closing the door behind himself. Awkward silence settled between the two and hesitantly,the newcomer finally spoke up-"Um,hi?...I guess I should go up,to my room? Er,uh..who are you? Actually,never mind,I'll just go up and not keep keeping you up any longer.Night!" The person's voice halted her and she turned her head to look over her shoulder-he's...smiling? As he answers calmly,standing in his spot uncertainly. "Don't worry about it,it's perfectly fine,lassie. I have a few notes to take anyway,so I will be up for a few..hours. Just for information,we don't have many guests as of late,so most of the rooms are free. My name's Tymeth Hrafunsson,by the way." The beast said,then dissappeared in the room under the stairs only to show up with a few papers and a white tablecloth that he draped on the coffee table with one hand,then sat down. The dragon stayed quiet for a long moment,cheeks red before piping up once again-"Can I join you,Mr. Hrafunsson?" "Sure,come-take a seat. And,please,no need for such formalities-you can call me 'Tym' if you want." He responded,briefly glancing up from his scribbling before focusing on his notes again. She didn't need to be invited twice as she slinks over and sat down next to him,peering over his shoulder with open curiousity. She remembers many stories of the Centaur beastclans tribe and how her parents would always say to stay away from them,because they're dangerous and scary. [I]Look at me,mom and dad! Actually,I think I saw more beast around on the way here. Not scary. Friendly or grumpy but not scary.[/I] She tought idly then asked- "What is your job? Do you live here,and where am I actually? What are you writing?" Of course,she would have asked much more questions but feared that she might annoy her companion. "Hm? My job? Well,I'm working as a guest house keeper. And yes,it used to be my home but it felt far too empty so I turned it into a guest house. It's an idea more lively. As for specific location,I believe that you are in the northeastern part of clan Tainted shadows. What am I writing? Oh nothin' special,just some notes and general to-do lists. Tomorrow,I'll have to hang up the fairylights,go out to the trading post to pick up some groceries..simple things." "Ow,that sounds like a lot of work...can I help you? I mean,if you don't mind being assisted by a newbie." The dragon asked,eyes gleaming hopefully in childish excitement. "Why not? The more-the merrier!" Was the answer. "Hey,um...How does one become part of the clan? I don't...really have a name or home and I don't know why I'm telling you all this,but it's strangely easy to talk to you?? Like if I choose to permanently reside here...would you welcome me,even though we barely know each other???" The words came out in a rush and Tymeth paused,frowning slightly in concentration. "...It's a long-term process-one settles down and just,starts getting to know their clan mates,get used to the place...It's not a step-by-step ritual with instructions to follow,just natural occurrence. As for the name,simply think of what you would prefer to be called and it will become your name. And,I'm afraid that I can't answer your last question...Wll see,maybe?" "Oh,that's understandable. I would like to be called...Regal or Royal." The Spiral said.
@decaffeinated I'm snagging this gal here.

53589135_350.png

A nameless dragoness loops trough the darkened evening skies,seeking something or perhaps..someone? A new home,a place to live. While she liked it at the motel,sitting there 24/7 got seriously boring and...Nobody seems to be interested in going out.
On top of that she doesn't have a name-at all. Who is like that! Every dragon she's met thus far,has a name, be it one with grand super mysterious meaning or a simple,goofy to outright ridiculous one-so naturally when meeting with new faces they say their name. That's okay,alright.

But the problem comes a second later when they,ask for her name.
Gods it's awkward! And so frustrating! Why didn't her parents give her a name?! Any! Heck,she would have even accepted being named Dangling goat noodles! Even that! Just not to be nameless,but no!

So image how embarrassing it is when people at the motel have to address her-
"Miss..." The dragon behind the registry desk at reception paused uncomfortably,trying to eighter look for a name tag or initials but found none of that stuff,so they continued on awkwardly-"..Unnamed? Er,here is your key to room 308 on third floor." They said,giving the Spiral a key.

Yes,she remembers this rather inconvenient moment quite vividly.
The dragon breathed a long puff of heated smoke in irritation at the memory,snorting indignantly while staring ahead with a sneer. Absurd,unacceptable.Simply unacceptable. She remembers that one time at the motel when she had jokingly said that a member of whichever clan,guild,whatever,gives her a name-she would remain in that group. The shadowling had laughed along with the other residents.

She was so absorbed into her thoughts that she nearly slammed into a tall Pine tree.
Yelping in surprise,the serpentine dragon maneuvered sharply in ateempt at steering away from it but one of her wings got caught in its branches and before she knew it,she was spiraling downwards like a helicopter that's out of control.
Unconsciously she wrapped her tail around the bark and continued to fly down,now flapping her remaining two free wings frantically until she finally reached the ground.

Or more like,slid to the ground-she had wrapped her entire body in her panicking.
It seems like she was in the Wispwillow Grove,because two towers were standing before her-just a few meters away. And then there were footsteps-heavy footsteps.
A pthalo scaled Imperial came into view,clearly headed towards the towers and the gate between them. Then a Guardian appeared,and then a Mirror-two to be exact.
One of them turned their heads in her direction and eyed her curiously for a long moment before finally asking-"

"You okay? What are ya doing up there? Come on,it's getting dangerously late."

The other dragon in the group glanced back,watching the dark male questioningly.
"Noxtur,who are you talking to? Where are you going? C'on we gotta go home." It was the other Mirror-a female. So the approaching male is called Noxtur,huh.
"Just helping out a damsel in distress,Inuwa. You go with the others-Amate,can you skip and notify Tym of a new arrival? If he's not asleep already,that is..I think he's an early bird...Oh and Regal? Please notify Persy,you know how she gets with surprise guests-all sus and such."

The largest of the bunch-Amate probably-nods nonchalantly with a grin and resumes his striding,calling out a lighthearted "Don't stay for too long!" before dissappearing down the path and past the gate with the Guardian stomping after slowly.
Somehow within minutes,Noxtur untangled the poor noodle from the tree and somewhat mechanically led her the same path,mumbling a faint "Come on."

It was late at night when they made it past the main village of Dragons' roost and reached the Lone Cottages where a meager neighborhood was located.
They approached the first lodge closest to the gravelly valley and the Mirror rapped on the wooden door five times,until a voice yelped on the other side-"Comin',Comin'."
An average tall painted centaur opened the door,looking tired yet still friendly as he muttered something but paused when he spotted the two dragons on the porch.

He had dark brown wooly hair tied into a very loose side ponytail,warm chocolate brown doe eyes and bushy eyebrows that were raised subtly in surprise.
"Oh,hello. What brings you two here at this hour?" He asked,voice holding a Scottish accent.

"Ah,hey Tym,hope you don't mind taking in this..uh,poor wandering soul,for the night.
...You weren't just heading to bed,right?" The patrol guard asked,earning himself a slight smile that held a different meaning.

"Nope,they're very much welcomed. So..come in,it's getting a wee cold at this time of the year-you know how it is." He said,opening the door a little more and stepped aside to allow the duo to enter. Nox strolled inside easily,unconsciously still dragging the other dragon after him. Once inside,the Spiral gaped at the interior-the walls were a soft wisteria with a vintage lantern hung over the fireplace in the antre and small clay pots were lined up on a shelf on the right wall.

Under it was a comfortable looking sofa and a nice white puffy carpet that seems to be made rather than bought with a unique zigzagging patterns that crisscross.
Opposite of the entrance is a set of wooden stairs that lead to the second floor,under the stairs was a small room.

They haven't asked for her name yet. Which is odd.Oh boy,how she dreads that inevitable moment.
"Well,I'm gonna leave you here,pal-I got a duty or two more to deal with. Don't worry,if you need something-just tell Tym over there." Nox reassured and gave her a sympathetic pat on the shoulder,nodded his goodbye to the guesthouse keeper and left,closing the door behind himself.

Awkward silence settled between the two and hesitantly,the newcomer finally spoke up-"Um,hi?...I guess I should go up,to my room? Er,uh..who are you? Actually,never mind,I'll just go up and not keep keeping you up any longer.Night!"

The person's voice halted her and she turned her head to look over her shoulder-he's...smiling? As he answers calmly,standing in his spot uncertainly.
"Don't worry about it,it's perfectly fine,lassie. I have a few notes to take anyway,so I will be up for a few..hours. Just for information,we don't have many guests as of late,so most of the rooms are free. My name's Tymeth Hrafunsson,by the way."
The beast said,then dissappeared in the room under the stairs only to show up with a few papers and a white tablecloth that he draped on the coffee table with one hand,then sat down.

The dragon stayed quiet for a long moment,cheeks red before piping up once again-"Can I join you,Mr. Hrafunsson?"

"Sure,come-take a seat. And,please,no need for such formalities-you can call me 'Tym' if you want." He responded,briefly glancing up from his scribbling before focusing on his notes again. She didn't need to be invited twice as she slinks over and sat down next to him,peering over his shoulder with open curiousity.
She remembers many stories of the Centaur beastclans tribe and how her parents would always say to stay away from them,because they're dangerous and scary.

Look at me,mom and dad! Actually,I think I saw more beast around on the way here. Not scary. Friendly or grumpy but not scary. She tought idly then asked-
"What is your job? Do you live here,and where am I actually? What are you writing?"
Of course,she would have asked much more questions but feared that she might annoy her companion.

"Hm? My job? Well,I'm working as a guest house keeper. And yes,it used to be my home but it felt far too empty so I turned it into a guest house. It's an idea more lively.
As for specific location,I believe that you are in the northeastern part of clan Tainted shadows. What am I writing? Oh nothin' special,just some notes and general to-do lists. Tomorrow,I'll have to hang up the fairylights,go out to the trading post to pick up some groceries..simple things."

"Ow,that sounds like a lot of work...can I help you? I mean,if you don't mind being assisted by a newbie." The dragon asked,eyes gleaming hopefully in childish excitement.

"Why not? The more-the merrier!" Was the answer.

"Hey,um...How does one become part of the clan? I don't...really have a name or home and I don't know why I'm telling you all this,but it's strangely easy to talk to you?? Like if I choose to permanently reside here...would you welcome me,even though we barely know each other???" The words came out in a rush and Tymeth paused,frowning slightly in concentration.

"...It's a long-term process-one settles down and just,starts getting to know their clan mates,get used to the place...It's not a step-by-step ritual with instructions to follow,just natural occurrence. As for the name,simply think of what you would prefer to be called and it will become your name. And,I'm afraid that I can't answer your last question...Wll see,maybe?"

"Oh,that's understandable. I would like to be called...Regal or Royal." The Spiral said.
1623183848670.png Clan Tainted shadows
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
"Don't forget to smile from time to time."
1617910529009-1.png Always interested in RPing!
Bio codes! (Free)
@curricle It's perfectly fine! It was an enjoyable little adventure ^-^

@NorthernBluee It's well over the minimum wordcount! I'll send her right away.

@ShadowWyvern15 I'm glad to see this gal go to a new home!
@curricle It's perfectly fine! It was an enjoyable little adventure ^-^

@NorthernBluee It's well over the minimum wordcount! I'll send her right away.

@ShadowWyvern15 I'm glad to see this gal go to a new home!
@EmeraldJubilee My apologies for the wait! Your ping got buried.

Enki is on his way and I hope he has success with his new life!
@EmeraldJubilee My apologies for the wait! Your ping got buried.

Enki is on his way and I hope he has success with his new life!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
Thank you for visiting, but this thread has moved.

Please have a lovely day and come join us at the new Writer's Rescue home! ^-^

NEW THREAD
Thank you for visiting, but this thread has moved.

Please have a lovely day and come join us at the new Writer's Rescue home! ^-^

NEW THREAD
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
1 2 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707