Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 706 707
@decaffeinated

here's the lore for Ares.

Ares is a champion, an incredible talent, a phenomenal competitor, one of the fastest dragon there is and an insufferable braggart. An accomplished racer he might be, a famous warrior he might be known as, but he is anything but a pleasant person to be around for more then a couple of minutes. “I”, must his favorite word followed by “am” and “the best” complete the podium. It seems it was always like so from the moment he emerged out of his egg, early compared to the rest of his clutch as expected. He was the first dragon of his age group to fly and the first one to cast a spell, a frigid bolt no less. He was also the most performant pupil. He would mention to whom might listen that the reason he was golden was because the gods wanted everybody to instantaneously know that he was the best, a walking and flying gold medal. Ares might have been a great asset for his clan, a great messenger, scout and soldier, but everybody has its limits. The only friends he had were sycophants and few were able to stand and with time that group grew ever smaller.

Finally, one day, it was enough for everybody. Ares had been put in charge of some new scouts on a foraging mission, but so far they had been very unsuccessful. Other dragons had already reached and gathered all the edible plants in the area, but instead of turning back empty handed, Ares decided to press on. He had never returned empty handed before and was not about to abandon his perfect streak. A sudden late autumn blizzard struck, the group was too far to get to their shelter. They had to find a new one in terrible condition. When the blizzard finally stopped one young dragon had been lost never to be seen again. On his return, Ares was seen as responsible for his death. He had let once again his ego take over his judgement and this time someone else had to pay for it. He was thus condemned to exile out of the Frigid Floes and into the Ashfall Waste, enemy territory.

For the first time in his life Ares didn’t felt like a champion and a winner, not only because he had failed and was responsible for a death, but also because he just realised that all of his so called victories and records never afforded him like a family or even a true friend. And so lonely and half broken he was left to roam this strange, dangerous and foreign land. Ares didn’t know where to go or really what was the point of all this. No one would ever accept him within their clan he thought. He was a liability and a bad person. He did work as a scout and a gatherer for some fire clan once in a while for a handful of food, but never stayed, neither was he welcomed. That’s when he learned of a distant refuge deep in the Molten Scar where some exiled dragons like him had found a refuge, but the place was difficult to find in the ever shifting landscape. For the first time in a while, Ares had hope. Maybe there was a place for him. Maybe there would be redemption after all. All that he needed was some courage, which he still had in plenty, strong wings, which were stronger than ever, and a sharp mind, which had finally gain back its edge. He would find the Cinder Marsh.
@decaffeinated

here's the lore for Ares.

Ares is a champion, an incredible talent, a phenomenal competitor, one of the fastest dragon there is and an insufferable braggart. An accomplished racer he might be, a famous warrior he might be known as, but he is anything but a pleasant person to be around for more then a couple of minutes. “I”, must his favorite word followed by “am” and “the best” complete the podium. It seems it was always like so from the moment he emerged out of his egg, early compared to the rest of his clutch as expected. He was the first dragon of his age group to fly and the first one to cast a spell, a frigid bolt no less. He was also the most performant pupil. He would mention to whom might listen that the reason he was golden was because the gods wanted everybody to instantaneously know that he was the best, a walking and flying gold medal. Ares might have been a great asset for his clan, a great messenger, scout and soldier, but everybody has its limits. The only friends he had were sycophants and few were able to stand and with time that group grew ever smaller.

Finally, one day, it was enough for everybody. Ares had been put in charge of some new scouts on a foraging mission, but so far they had been very unsuccessful. Other dragons had already reached and gathered all the edible plants in the area, but instead of turning back empty handed, Ares decided to press on. He had never returned empty handed before and was not about to abandon his perfect streak. A sudden late autumn blizzard struck, the group was too far to get to their shelter. They had to find a new one in terrible condition. When the blizzard finally stopped one young dragon had been lost never to be seen again. On his return, Ares was seen as responsible for his death. He had let once again his ego take over his judgement and this time someone else had to pay for it. He was thus condemned to exile out of the Frigid Floes and into the Ashfall Waste, enemy territory.

For the first time in his life Ares didn’t felt like a champion and a winner, not only because he had failed and was responsible for a death, but also because he just realised that all of his so called victories and records never afforded him like a family or even a true friend. And so lonely and half broken he was left to roam this strange, dangerous and foreign land. Ares didn’t know where to go or really what was the point of all this. No one would ever accept him within their clan he thought. He was a liability and a bad person. He did work as a scout and a gatherer for some fire clan once in a while for a handful of food, but never stayed, neither was he welcomed. That’s when he learned of a distant refuge deep in the Molten Scar where some exiled dragons like him had found a refuge, but the place was difficult to find in the ever shifting landscape. For the first time in a while, Ares had hope. Maybe there was a place for him. Maybe there would be redemption after all. All that he needed was some courage, which he still had in plenty, strong wings, which were stronger than ever, and a sharp mind, which had finally gain back its edge. He would find the Cinder Marsh.
@decaffeinated Alright so I started out good but my ADHD brain and writer's block got in the way. I will tweak this along the way of developing him but here we go! In a sense it is an outline of what I want to write him. (or I may just scrape it all together and write something new once I figure out what I want for him)

You’ve heard of it right? The legend of the Sea. But not just any sea. DeepSea. Or to be more specific Captain DeepSea. What do you mean you haven’t heard the story? What nonsense do you youngsters fill your head with now a days? Gather around children and I shall tell you the tale of the Sea. And don’t think this is some happy fairy tale. Nay this is life. And not all life is fair.

Master of the winds. Master of the sea. Master of the sails. There are those that even to this day shudder to speak DeepSea’s name in fear that he will rise from the depths of the ocean to curse you with his black magic of the arcane arts. His temper was fierce and his appetite for treasure was considered unhealthy, but his one abiding love was for his lass.

Aye, she was the only one that could calm the fury in his soul. The lust for bloodshed that sang to him. No one knows how they met. It is as if an angel was sent to a thirsty wyvern in the desert. With just one word, one smile she was able to disarm him. But even angels can have dark pasts. And his lass was running away from hers.

DeepSea vowed to protect his love from whatever haunted her. Shaking her head she thanked him but said he could do nothing for her. Taking a sip from his drink he coughed blood. “You can do nothing but die and free me from my torment. Let me have my revenge.” The visage of his sweet lass was replaced by an evil sea witch, one he had tricked years ago.”

Angered by the turn of events DeepSea called upon his vengeful deity and was granted access to black magic to defeat the evil sea witch. Scarred, the witch retreats, saying that she will have her revenge. Now he spends his time in the deepest parts of the ocean, spending the last 300 years devising a plan on how to cause torment to those he once called friend and love.
@decaffeinated Alright so I started out good but my ADHD brain and writer's block got in the way. I will tweak this along the way of developing him but here we go! In a sense it is an outline of what I want to write him. (or I may just scrape it all together and write something new once I figure out what I want for him)

You’ve heard of it right? The legend of the Sea. But not just any sea. DeepSea. Or to be more specific Captain DeepSea. What do you mean you haven’t heard the story? What nonsense do you youngsters fill your head with now a days? Gather around children and I shall tell you the tale of the Sea. And don’t think this is some happy fairy tale. Nay this is life. And not all life is fair.

Master of the winds. Master of the sea. Master of the sails. There are those that even to this day shudder to speak DeepSea’s name in fear that he will rise from the depths of the ocean to curse you with his black magic of the arcane arts. His temper was fierce and his appetite for treasure was considered unhealthy, but his one abiding love was for his lass.

Aye, she was the only one that could calm the fury in his soul. The lust for bloodshed that sang to him. No one knows how they met. It is as if an angel was sent to a thirsty wyvern in the desert. With just one word, one smile she was able to disarm him. But even angels can have dark pasts. And his lass was running away from hers.

DeepSea vowed to protect his love from whatever haunted her. Shaking her head she thanked him but said he could do nothing for her. Taking a sip from his drink he coughed blood. “You can do nothing but die and free me from my torment. Let me have my revenge.” The visage of his sweet lass was replaced by an evil sea witch, one he had tricked years ago.”

Angered by the turn of events DeepSea called upon his vengeful deity and was granted access to black magic to defeat the evil sea witch. Scarred, the witch retreats, saying that she will have her revenge. Now he spends his time in the deepest parts of the ocean, spending the last 300 years devising a plan on how to cause torment to those he once called friend and love.
~*~*~Wishlist ~*~*~ Free Dragons ~*~*~
@LotsOfCrumbs I'll send your exiled boi your way in a second! Hopefully he won't cause too much trouble to his new clanmates ^-^

@LadyExperiment Gah, I'm sorry to hear x.x That's a bad combo to deal with. I'm curious to see what plan he's got going on in these 300 years. In the meantime, I'll be sending him sailing your way!
@LotsOfCrumbs I'll send your exiled boi your way in a second! Hopefully he won't cause too much trouble to his new clanmates ^-^

@LadyExperiment Gah, I'm sorry to hear x.x That's a bad combo to deal with. I'm curious to see what plan he's got going on in these 300 years. In the meantime, I'll be sending him sailing your way!
@BleuSkorpeon
@MoonSun18
@MiniCrisps
@Continlula
@LuckiesSuper
@SassmasterMaxie
@Eliriel
@0moonjay0
@Starofsorrow
@InfernalShepherd
@emkily

Starmap pings! Sorry, I forgot to include you guys in the announcement x.x

The thread has been updated with new dragons (including two prompt dragons)! The new raffle dragon is up, a dashing 4 years old, 7 digit dragon that'll come with his costume. Speaking of raffles, we'll be removing the rule stating that they count as claims. In short, you'll be able to claim 2 normal dragons and enter any available raffles.
@BleuSkorpeon
@MoonSun18
@MiniCrisps
@Continlula
@LuckiesSuper
@SassmasterMaxie
@Eliriel
@0moonjay0
@Starofsorrow
@InfernalShepherd
@emkily

Starmap pings! Sorry, I forgot to include you guys in the announcement x.x

The thread has been updated with new dragons (including two prompt dragons)! The new raffle dragon is up, a dashing 4 years old, 7 digit dragon that'll come with his costume. Speaking of raffles, we'll be removing the rule stating that they count as claims. In short, you'll be able to claim 2 normal dragons and enter any available raffles.
@Decaffeinated [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48179224] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481793/48179224_350.png[/img] [/url] Moonlight In the deep, dark woods, there was a song. The Moon hanged overhead, above the woods of the Driftwood Drag. The scenery and the sounds are beautifully twisted into a simple melody of the lonely Coatl, who sits by a rock, silently watching the starry night. As dark as the Tangled Woods are, the shadows has been illuminated by the full moon, glowing brightly, yet softly, when the Coatl started singing his gentle song... Without realizing where or how, a male Fae approached him. The little Fae crept near the rock, and closed his eyes to listen to his song. The Fae imagined a Skydancer, dancing along the surface of the water. Their elegance and quickness of their steps slowly died down as the song is nearing its completion. The Coatl finally stopped at a rather low note, finally noticing the Fae. The Fae applauded, clapping his claws enthusiastically. “That was great!” he added, “Your singing is beautiful!” The Coatl wasn’t quite sure about how to respond as he noticed the Fae’s looks. He is blue—which glowed an eerie light from the moonlight—and his eyes...it was infected by a terrible disease. Red matter oozed out of his multiple green eyes, and the Coatl remained completely still. The Fae’s head fins drooped as he realized why the Coatl was staring at him. He asked quietly, “Hey, is it because of the eyes?” The Coatl quickly snapped out of his trance and answered, “Oh, not really.” A few moments of awkward silence followed before the Coatl continued, “My name is Moonlight, it’s nice to meet you. I was wondering about how your eyes came to be, but please don’t misunderstand—I’m not trying to be offensive.” The Fae responded cooly, “Oh. That’s how I’m born like. It’s a blessing, in my opinion.” He coughed and tried to adjust his voice, saying, “So, Moonlight, what are you doing here alone in the Tangled Woods? You don’t seem to be around here.” “Neither do you,” Moonlight commented. “Me? I’m a traveling dragon; Sky from the Clan of the Starbright,” the Fae chirped happily. Moonlight was quite certain that the clan was an Arcane clan, as the name sounded quite like his previous clan. He shook his head at the thought of joining a clan again, as he preferred living alone in the dark woods, knowing nothing other than the stars, moon and the wildlife there. But, there’s something different about this clan. Why would the Alpha of that clan allow this Fae to be a traveler dragon, when they knew perfectly well that many would be disturbed or afraid by him? Thinking of many different reasons, he couldn’t find even one. Wait, perhaps it’s because of his personality. His cheerful nature seemed rather welcoming to those who encountered him. Sky interrupted his train of thoughts. “Hello? What are you stoning about?” Moonlight’s lips curled to a smile. Without questioning the origins of Sky, he quickly asked, “I want to meet your Alpha.” Sky blinked in surprise, “Really? It’s been a long time since a dragon is interested in the clan.” Moonlight nodded firmly. Before long, he was already following Sky towards the direction of the Starfall Isles...
@Decaffeinated

48179224_350.png

Moonlight

In the deep, dark woods, there was a song.

The Moon hanged overhead, above the woods of the Driftwood Drag. The scenery and the sounds are beautifully twisted into a simple melody of the lonely Coatl, who sits by a rock, silently watching the starry night. As dark as the Tangled Woods are, the shadows has been illuminated by the full moon, glowing brightly, yet softly, when the Coatl started singing his gentle song...

Without realizing where or how, a male Fae approached him. The little Fae crept near the rock, and closed his eyes to listen to his song. The Fae imagined a Skydancer, dancing along the surface of the water. Their elegance and quickness of their steps slowly died down as the song is nearing its completion. The Coatl finally stopped at a rather low note, finally noticing the Fae.

The Fae applauded, clapping his claws enthusiastically. “That was great!” he added, “Your singing is beautiful!”

The Coatl wasn’t quite sure about how to respond as he noticed the Fae’s looks. He is blue—which glowed an eerie light from the moonlight—and his eyes...it was infected by a terrible disease. Red matter oozed out of his multiple green eyes, and the Coatl remained completely still.

The Fae’s head fins drooped as he realized why the Coatl was staring at him. He asked quietly, “Hey, is it because of the eyes?”

The Coatl quickly snapped out of his trance and answered, “Oh, not really.”

A few moments of awkward silence followed before the Coatl continued, “My name is Moonlight, it’s nice to meet you. I was wondering about how your eyes came to be, but please don’t misunderstand—I’m not trying to be offensive.”

The Fae responded cooly, “Oh. That’s how I’m born like. It’s a blessing, in my opinion.” He coughed and tried to adjust his voice, saying, “So, Moonlight, what are you doing here alone in the Tangled Woods? You don’t seem to be around here.”

“Neither do you,” Moonlight commented.

“Me? I’m a traveling dragon; Sky from the Clan of the Starbright,” the Fae chirped happily.

Moonlight was quite certain that the clan was an Arcane clan, as the name sounded quite like his previous clan. He shook his head at the thought of joining a clan again, as he preferred living alone in the dark woods, knowing nothing other than the stars, moon and the wildlife there.

But, there’s something different about this clan. Why would the Alpha of that clan allow this Fae to be a traveler dragon, when they knew perfectly well that many would be disturbed or afraid by him? Thinking of many different reasons, he couldn’t find even one.

Wait, perhaps it’s because of his personality. His cheerful nature seemed rather welcoming to those who encountered him.

Sky interrupted his train of thoughts. “Hello? What are you stoning about?”

Moonlight’s lips curled to a smile. Without questioning the origins of Sky, he quickly asked, “I want to meet your Alpha.”

Sky blinked in surprise, “Really? It’s been a long time since a dragon is interested in the clan.”

Moonlight nodded firmly. Before long, he was already following Sky towards the direction of the Starfall Isles...
meowmeow2023_by_kiwicide-dcmvlip.png
@Decaffeinated Hello! I’m here to ask if I could put a hold on this lovely gal? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48406427] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484065/48406427_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Decaffeinated
Hello! I’m here to ask if I could put a hold on this lovely gal?

48406427_350.png
flight_rising_signature_by_moon_jay_dcyahy7-fullview.jpg
Friendly bump. ^_^
Friendly bump. ^_^
tumblr_pu2ybxxrge1ugssd3o1_500.png
tumblr_pu2ybxxrge1ugssd3o2_500.png
tumblr_pu2ybxxrge1ugssd3o3_500.png
tumblr_pu2ybxxrge1ugssd3o4_500.png
[quote name="Dragonspire" date="2019-01-14 19:30:37" ] [center]@MermaidLorelei Can I claim this prompt girl [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48545026] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/485451/48545026_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [/quote] It got long sorry. [center]“She’s failed her parents.” “There’s no way she can be an oracle like that.” “She’s so creepy with eyes like that.” Baia could feel a growl growing in her throat. She was blind not deaf, but other dragons didn’t seem to understand what that meant, so the talked behind her back, in front of her. She didn’t need there pity or their shame she didn’t ask for this, to be blind or to be an oracle. It was just some dumb expectation they pushed on her before she even hatched. “Are you alright Lady Baia?” The soft voice of her assistant whispered down to her. The older dragon was hired by her parents who were to afraid to let her wander around by herself, simply because she’s blind. She’s heard the sounds of hatchling playing around without a older dragon hovering over them watching their every move, not letting them lift a claw to do something on their own. “I’m fine.” Baia hissed. It wasn’t fine; she hated everything that has to do with it. She hated the fame and wealth her mother and father got from being oracles, she hated that everyone thought she would follow in their footsteps, she hated her assistant that was always around and never let her do anything fun, she hated the rich silks she was forced to wear, and the blindfold to hid her eyes. She wanted to rip it all to shreds, tear it all apart and leave. And that’s what Baia did. She was screaming at her assistant, destroying the small but luxurious room her parents had got for her. Her tail slammed into something that crashed against the floor, and she swiped at the air trying to knock any and everything down. She had already torn her blindfold to shreds, it was the first thing to go. “I don’t want any of this!” She threw herself into something, that rocked at the impacted, and she grinned at the sound of shattering terracotta. “Lady Baia, please you must calm down.” Her assistant was frantic and it filled her with so much joy, being able to hear the panic in the perpetually calms dragon’s voice. “No, I don’t need you, or any of this.!” And then she bolted, charging past her assistant and into a wall, before righting herself before her assistant could stop her. She continued running, hearing the voices of other dragons growing louder around her, chasing her. Then she was falling. She’s never flown before, it was something she wasn’t allowed to do. It was something deemed to dangerous for her to do cause of her lost sight. Baia hit the water before she could get her wings out. Flying she would struggle at, but swimming she could so. She’s swam circles in her basin when her assistant cleaned her. And so she swam. She was escaping, she was free. Baia can’t remember how long she swam, hours, days, weeks, before she was rocked by a storm. She must have passed out cause when she woke she was exhausted, her limbs felt heavy. Where was she? Had they somehow caught her and brought her back? No she didn’t want to go back! Feebly she tried to clamber up only to fall again, landing in soft sand. She nuzzled her head into it releasing in the feel of it against her scales. “I’ve been waiting for you.” Baia froze at the voice. It didn’t sound familiar at all. Had her parents hired someone to track and find her and this was him? “W-who are you?” She tried to climb to her feet again, legs shaking under her weight. “I won’t let you take me back!” “We are very similar you and I.” He spoke again, ignoring what she had said. “You wish to break free from the treatment of your parents, correct?” She could do nothing but stair in the direction of the voice. “How do you know that?” She yelled, she didn’t know who this dragon or what they had planned for her and if he decided to attack she wouldn’t be able to defend herself. “I see without the use of my eyes. And soon you will too Baia.”[/center]
Dragonspire wrote on 2019-01-14 19:30:37:
@MermaidLorelei

Can I claim this prompt girl

48545026_350.png

It got long sorry.

“She’s failed her parents.”
“There’s no way she can be an oracle like that.”
“She’s so creepy with eyes like that.”

Baia could feel a growl growing in her throat. She was blind not deaf, but other dragons didn’t seem to understand what that meant, so the talked behind her back, in front of her. She didn’t need there pity or their shame she didn’t ask for this, to be blind or to be an oracle. It was just some dumb expectation they pushed on her before she even hatched.

“Are you alright Lady Baia?” The soft voice of her assistant whispered down to her. The older dragon was hired by her parents who were to afraid to let her wander around by herself, simply because she’s blind. She’s heard the sounds of hatchling playing around without a older dragon hovering over them watching their every move, not letting them lift a claw to do something on their own.

“I’m fine.” Baia hissed. It wasn’t fine; she hated everything that has to do with it. She hated the fame and wealth her mother and father got from being oracles, she hated that everyone thought she would follow in their footsteps, she hated her assistant that was always around and never let her do anything fun, she hated the rich silks she was forced to wear, and the blindfold to hid her eyes. She wanted to rip it all to shreds, tear it all apart and leave.

And that’s what Baia did. She was screaming at her assistant, destroying the small but luxurious room her parents had got for her. Her tail slammed into something that crashed against the floor, and she swiped at the air trying to knock any and everything down. She had already torn her blindfold to shreds, it was the first thing to go.

“I don’t want any of this!” She threw herself into something, that rocked at the impacted, and she grinned at the sound of shattering terracotta.

“Lady Baia, please you must calm down.” Her assistant was frantic and it filled her with so much joy, being able to hear the panic in the perpetually calms dragon’s voice.

“No, I don’t need you, or any of this.!” And then she bolted, charging past her assistant and into a wall, before righting herself before her assistant could stop her. She continued running, hearing the voices of other dragons growing louder around her, chasing her. Then she was falling. She’s never flown before, it was something she wasn’t allowed to do. It was something deemed to dangerous for her to do cause of her lost sight.

Baia hit the water before she could get her wings out. Flying she would struggle at, but swimming she could so. She’s swam circles in her basin when her assistant cleaned her. And so she swam. She was escaping, she was free.

Baia can’t remember how long she swam, hours, days, weeks, before she was rocked by a storm. She must have passed out cause when she woke she was exhausted, her limbs felt heavy. Where was she? Had they somehow caught her and brought her back? No she didn’t want to go back! Feebly she tried to clamber up only to fall again, landing in soft sand. She nuzzled her head into it releasing in the feel of it against her scales.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” Baia froze at the voice. It didn’t sound familiar at all. Had her parents hired someone to track and find her and this was him?

“W-who are you?” She tried to climb to her feet again, legs shaking under her weight. “I won’t let you take me back!”

“We are very similar you and I.” He spoke again, ignoring what she had said. “You wish to break free from the treatment of your parents, correct?”

She could do nothing but stair in the direction of the voice. “How do you know that?” She yelled, she didn’t know who this dragon or what they had planned for her and if he decided to attack she wouldn’t be able to defend herself.

“I see without the use of my eyes. And soon you will too Baia.”
22042.png
@mermaidlorelei Could I put a hold on this boy please?[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48499890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/484999/48499890_350.png[/img] [/url]
@mermaidlorelei Could I put a hold on this boy please?
48499890_350.png
wjPnp7u.png
Every once in a while I have to stop and say how much I love being here and reading all the lore! @decaffeinated, do you think we can put a link to the original Hatchery so all the new folk can read the lore there?

Oh and @dragonspire, Baia’s story reminded me of an old favorite. Tezuka’s Dororo from 1969 has been re-made into a new anime. Any fans here?
Every once in a while I have to stop and say how much I love being here and reading all the lore! @decaffeinated, do you think we can put a link to the original Hatchery so all the new folk can read the lore there?

Oh and @dragonspire, Baia’s story reminded me of an old favorite. Tezuka’s Dororo from 1969 has been re-made into a new anime. Any fans here?
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 706 707