Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 175 176 177 178 179 ... 706 707
@MermaidLorelei 510 words Tw for slight violence and very slight gore i think? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49462056] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494621/49462056_350.png[/img] [/url] --------- He's always liked the colors of the evening. The deep reds decorating the water as the sunset reflects on the lake in front of him. Ceritus sighed and stretched before heading away from the mesmerizing display in front of him. The young Skydancer sat, watching the dancing colors for hours. He returned to the den he shared with his parents, his siblings, half-siblings and their mother, as the last drop of red vanished from the surface of the lake. He disliked their way of living, simply staying in one place your whole life, working and having hatchlings. There's nothing more for his family but he was different, he wanted to find a place where he can do whatever he wanted and finally be free. Avana, the mother of his half-siblings stared at him as he entered the den. She hated him and his siblings with a burning passion. To her they were the reason Terracotta had left her for Caedies. He just shook his head and went to his nest to sleep and escape into his dreams, filled with freedom and the beatiful reds of the setting sun. The next morning he headed outside once more, ignoring the yells his father gave him. He did not care about the chores he should have done and instead went exploring the wind border north of his den. He found interesting rock formations, dark caves and deep holes that he noted on his little map and went back to the lake just north of the border in time to watch the sunset. "You do nothing for the clan, you should be exiled along with your siblings!" a voice said behind him. Ceritus turned to see the bright green scales of his half-brother Tremban. "You are like a parasite. You just take the food and shelter but do nothing to actually earn it! I don't get why Father likes you so much..." Tremban kept talking, but Ceritus ignored him and focused on the sky, which gained its beatiful red colors. He was ripped out of his thoughts when he felt a heavy weight thrown onto his back and claws digging into his sides. For a second he was frozen and couldn't think as he hit the ground, Tremban on his back. The two half-brothers wrestled on the ground, half in the lake, half on land. The bright green dragon was able to scratch Ceritus' eye badly and land another few hits on his legs, it wasn't long before Ceritus managed to overpower his half-brother and, finally, he stood above a heavily panting Tremban. The orange Skydancer smirked, for some reason he liked seeing the fear in his opponent's blue eyes, it made Ceritus feel powerful. Without hesitation and one quick move of his paw, he had slit open the green dragon's throat, the blood seeping into the lake, coloring it in the beautiful red he loved so much. Yes, he's always liked the colors of the evening. The deep reds decorating the water as the sunset reflects on the lake in front of him. Dragons mentioned: Ceritus' parents: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46474080] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/464741/46474080_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46241246] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/462413/46241246_350.png[/img] [/url] Avana: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38718986] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/387190/38718986_350.png[/img] [/url] Tremban: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/480596/48059590_350.png[/img]
@MermaidLorelei

510 words
Tw for slight violence and very slight gore i think?

49462056_350.png

He's always liked the colors of the evening. The deep reds decorating the water as the sunset reflects on the lake in front of him.

Ceritus sighed and stretched before heading away from the mesmerizing display in front of him. The young Skydancer sat, watching the dancing colors for hours. He returned to the den he shared with his parents, his siblings, half-siblings and their mother, as the last drop of red vanished from the surface of the lake.

He disliked their way of living, simply staying in one place your whole life, working and having hatchlings. There's nothing more for his family but he was different, he wanted to find a place where he can do whatever he wanted and finally be free. Avana, the mother of his half-siblings stared at him as he entered the den. She hated him and his siblings with a burning passion. To her they were the reason Terracotta had left her for Caedies.

He just shook his head and went to his nest to sleep and escape into his dreams, filled with freedom and the beatiful reds of the setting sun. The next morning he headed outside once more, ignoring the yells his father gave him. He did not care about the chores he should have done and instead went exploring the wind border north of his den. He found interesting rock formations, dark caves and deep holes that he noted on his little map and went back to the lake just north of the border in time to watch the sunset.

"You do nothing for the clan, you should be exiled along with your siblings!" a voice said behind him. Ceritus turned to see the bright green scales of his half-brother Tremban. "You are like a parasite. You just take the food and shelter but do nothing to actually earn it! I don't get why Father likes you so much..." Tremban kept talking, but Ceritus ignored him and focused on the sky, which gained its beatiful red colors.

He was ripped out of his thoughts when he felt a heavy weight thrown onto his back and claws digging into his sides. For a second he was frozen and couldn't think as he hit the ground, Tremban on his back. The two half-brothers wrestled on the ground, half in the lake, half on land. The bright green dragon was able to scratch Ceritus' eye badly and land another few hits on his legs, it wasn't long before Ceritus managed to overpower his half-brother and, finally, he stood above a heavily panting Tremban.

The orange Skydancer smirked, for some reason he liked seeing the fear in his opponent's blue eyes, it made Ceritus feel powerful. Without hesitation and one quick move of his paw, he had slit open the green dragon's throat, the blood seeping into the lake, coloring it in the beautiful red he loved so much.

Yes, he's always liked the colors of the evening. The deep reds decorating the water as the sunset reflects on the lake in front of him.

Dragons mentioned:
Ceritus' parents:

46474080_350.png

46241246_350.png

Avana:

38718986_350.png

Tremban:
48059590_350.png
Confusing Parchment Scrap [Milo | He/Him]

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
@MaybeHuman Oh interesting, it's always fascinating to see other dergs brought in!
@MaybeHuman Oh interesting, it's always fascinating to see other dergs brought in!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49172430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/491725/49172430_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=2](I'd like his name changed to Leeroy please. and um...what was the wordcount supposed to be again? @Decaffeinated)[/size] There is hardly an opportune time to be summoned from the fiery, sweat-pungent offices of Glizzard, Daemon, Picket & Frost, but Leeroy Picket had been in the middle of drafting an incredibly important Request for Production of Documents in regards to the soul of a most influential politician, and Glizzard had already been riding his tail so hard it was beginning to chafe. That was the main reason for his displeasure when, one sweltering day in mid-February, he was not at all pleased to be whisked away from his desk at GDP&F and deposited in the overworld. The other reason was that whoever had summoned him had thought it appropriate to do so right over a rather large sinklone, into which he plunged with a disgusting squelch and the immediate, horrible sensation of mud seeping into his feathers. Feathers? He turned his head and looked back at himself. Gone were his impeccable suit, forked tail and leathery but effective wings. Instead he was completely nude – revealing a glittering hide of red and amber, and long, feathered wings of the same shade…now trapped in a slowly-encroaching puddle of filth. He was so stunned he could do more than stare – but then… “Ahem.” Leeroy turned his head slowly. A tundra stood before him on the edge of the sinkhole, a spellbook in one claw, a knife in the other. Two of his fingers were bleeding freely. Leeroy gave the scruffy fellow the most disapproving look he could manage as he tried to spread his limbs and halt his steady sinking. “Is this how you treat all your business partners?” he demanded, “or just the ones you wrench away from their pressing and immediate workloads? I’ll have you know I go to trial in two days, and I will hold you personally responsible if I am underprepared.” The tundra blinked, his glass-framed pink eyes showing his surprise. All the same! They never expected a summoned demon to have other matters to attend to. Overworlders really thought they were the center of the universe. “I beg your pardon,” the dragon said, closing the book and giving a sort of half-bow that ruffled his pink mane. What an atrocious color. “It is possible I mistook you for someone else. Are you not Leeransayith, devourer of souls and extractor of the damned?” “Shhh,shh!” Leeroy hissed, finally managing to reach out a leg and catch the edge of the hole (such short legs! What an awkward body he had been summoned into!) “Do not speak such names aloud, or any common fool can use them! What sort of mage are you? Have you no respect?” The tundra blinked again. Leeroy could see he was trying to understand the situation but was struggling with the difference between his expectation and the reality of the moment. “I do apologize,” he said at last, his deep voice polite. “What would you like me to call you for the duration of our conversation?” “Leeroy will do,” said Leeroy, wrenching his other paw out of the mud and clinging to the side of the hole. It was enough to keep his head and shoulders from sinking further, but his back end was hopelessly lost. And the mud was growing cooler and thicker the further it sank. His prospects did not look promising. He tried to heave himself up, but the infernal stuff was too sticky, and had suctioned onto him with alarming strength. “Leeroy.” The dragon nodded, settling down on his haunches and resting the book over his tattery-robed knees. “In this book you are described as being cut-throat, merciless, blood thirsty and utterly unrelenting.” “Well, those are- ugh!” he tried to heave himself up again but his claws only slipped in the mud. He settled for leaning his long neck as far forwards as it would go to counter at least part of his weight. “…those are very useful qualities to have as a legal representative! Do you have any idea how much the hells would lose if we just let our debtors slip away?” He shook his head, giving the tundra a disapproving glare. “We’d be facing economic crisis within a month.” “What would that be like?” The mage asked. Leeroy fought back a smirk – these magic users could never resist asking questions. Instead he arranged his features into a long-suffering expression and said, “Well, things would revert to the old ways, wouldn’t they? Absolutely no processing system at all – nothing but eating every soul you get your hands on, ripping out throats to take down the competition, and goodbye to the foreign trade department!” He heaved a sigh. “Do you have ANY idea how much the presence of chocolate has done to keep you aboveworlders safe? You’d have to be a fool to risk such upheaval.” “I…had no idea.” The tunda said, sounding completely at a loss. “So…so um…you do eat souls, do you?” “No, ‘devourer of souls’ is just my Fluttr handle.” Leeroy said sarcastically. “Did you summon me here just to ask inane questions? I really do have quite a lot of work to do. If you give me your address I’ll send you an informative pamphlet, now just send me back-” “Ah-no, no I did not.” The dragon said. “I’m here to make um…a demand.” “A demand.” Leeroy said flatly, staring into the tundra’s eyes with a pale, burning gaze. “You mean a request, I believe. And what have you to offer in exchange for a request?” He gave a smile, and was pleased to feel that his teeth in this form were sharp and numerous. “I assure you, simple surface-world coin will not do even as pacification for the predicament you have landed me in.” For he was well and truly stuck, even his wings stretched full length into the murky depths of the stone-cold sinkhole. “Maybe for your soul, I would consider-” “Not my soul!” The dragon interrupted, half gasping. “NOT my soul. In no part of this or any conversation am I agreeing to let you lay a claw on my soul.” Leeroy saw the knife tremble, blood dripping down the blade from the tightly-clenched cut fingers. He smirked, repressing a sigh. Well, so this one had some smarts. Too bad. “Then what do you offer?” The mage took a calming breath and set the blade aside, removing a handkerchief from a pocket of his robes and murmuring a healing spell before wiping the blood from his fingers. “It is a demand, I’m afraid,” he said apologetically. “I need to know for absolute certainty that someone I know is not…down there. And unless you agree to tell me…” he smiled, showing his flat, plant-eating teeth, “…I’m afraid you’re going to miss your court date.” Leeroy FROZE, absolutely thunderstruck. This…fluffball! He’d taken the information he’d learned mere moments ago and turned it against Leeroy! Maddening! Infuriating! Leeroy felt rage building up in his chest, felt hunger for this UPSTART’s flesh, blood, and pain tearing at his stomach... But he had not survived this long in the hells for nothing, had not come this far in the legal system for nothing. He seethed internally, but swallowed his wroth, digging his claws into the mud and hissing, “As soon as I get back to the hells, I’ll be writing your name in-” “Do you have my name?” The dragon asked politely. Leeroy glared at him. “I tell you what,” the dragon said, digging in his bag, pulling out something hefty and wiggling it in Leeroy’s direction. “I don’t want to waste any of your time, and you don’t want your time wasted. If we skip all the silly posing and banter, I’ll give you this. It’s a three pound bar of chocolate I got just for you.” Leeroy’s mouth instantly began watering but he swallowed, hard. That much chocolate was worth a fortune in the hells…he’d feel good for a long, long time if he ate it sparingly. He cleared his throat, folded his paws neatly over each other, and said with remarkable calm, “Ask your question.” “Is there or has there ever been a female Guardian by the name of Ayaka among the ranks of dragon souls in the hells?” Ah, one of these. Leeroy made a face. “The ritual for finding the answer to that question is barbaric and annoying,” he said. “I’ll need…” The snap of chocolate interrupted him, and he just barely moved his head in time to catch the piece the tundra flung his way. He did catch it, though, and could not repress a moan of pleasure as the sweet, dark stuff began to melt on his tongue. It was at least seventy-five percent, absolutely divine… He almost lost his grip on the sinkhole rim, but remembered himself just in time. Head reeling, heart racing from the coco and caffine, he spread one of his paws, using a claw from his other hand to pierce all four digits and let the blood pool in his palm. Swallowing the mass of sweetness in his mouth, he looked expectantly at the tundra. “Do you have something of hers?” He asked, giving a lazy smile. Really…that much chocolate was going to be…. The tundra nodded, stepping carefully closer and using magic to drift a single scale in Leeroy’s direction. “This is hers,” he said. Shame…Leeroy had been hoping to grab the silly fellow and exchange his freedom for the tundra’s life. Instead he went on with the ritual, taking the scale, dipping it in his blood, and then breathing the name “Ayaka,” over it. The scale turned bright blue, gleaming against his bloody claws. How disappointing! He repressed a sigh and said, “No, she is not held below. Neither is she quite alive, either, but…she is not in the hells.” He licked the last bit of chocolate from his teeth, and dumped the scale and blood in the mud. “Now,” he said, looking the tundra in the eye. “Keep your promise.” The tundra nodded, scooping up his bag, his knife and his book, then tossing the huge bar of chocolate at Leeroy’s face. Leeroy caught it in his teeth with a hiss of irritation. “youf- fo rude-!” But before he could spit out the bar to make proper insults, the mage waved a hand, spoke words of magic and reality shifted around him. Leeroy landed back in his office with a splatter of mud. He groaned and picked himself up off the floor, looking woefully at his stained suit and carpet. Honestly….he didn’t have time to deal with this! But then he caught sight of the chocolate on his desk – that sweet, heavy bar of dark pleasure. He glanced from the mud to the bar, and to the pile of evidence papers awaiting his approval on his desk. And he smiled. He’d need to find out who that tundra was. Or, better yet…find out what else he needed. Mud was a small price to pay for such n inviting, covetous payment. He cleaned up his workspace, changed his suit, and settled down with his papers, the smell of chocolate promising rich reward for a job well done. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47774434] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/477745/47774434_350.png[/img] [/url]

49172430_350.png

(I'd like his name changed to Leeroy please. and um...what was the wordcount supposed to be again? @Decaffeinated)

There is hardly an opportune time to be summoned from the fiery, sweat-pungent offices of Glizzard, Daemon, Picket & Frost, but Leeroy Picket had been in the middle of drafting an incredibly important Request for Production of Documents in regards to the soul of a most influential politician, and Glizzard had already been riding his tail so hard it was beginning to chafe. That was the main reason for his displeasure when, one sweltering day in mid-February, he was not at all pleased to be whisked away from his desk at GDP&F and deposited in the overworld.

The other reason was that whoever had summoned him had thought it appropriate to do so right over a rather large sinklone, into which he plunged with a disgusting squelch and the immediate, horrible sensation of mud seeping into his feathers.

Feathers?

He turned his head and looked back at himself. Gone were his impeccable suit, forked tail and leathery but effective wings. Instead he was completely nude – revealing a glittering hide of red and amber, and long, feathered wings of the same shade…now trapped in a slowly-encroaching puddle of filth. He was so stunned he could do more than stare – but then…

“Ahem.”

Leeroy turned his head slowly. A tundra stood before him on the edge of the sinkhole, a spellbook in one claw, a knife in the other. Two of his fingers were bleeding freely.

Leeroy gave the scruffy fellow the most disapproving look he could manage as he tried to spread his limbs and halt his steady sinking. “Is this how you treat all your business partners?” he demanded, “or just the ones you wrench away from their pressing and immediate workloads? I’ll have you know I go to trial in two days, and I will hold you personally responsible if I am underprepared.”

The tundra blinked, his glass-framed pink eyes showing his surprise. All the same! They never expected a summoned demon to have other matters to attend to. Overworlders really thought they were the center of the universe. “I beg your pardon,” the dragon said, closing the book and giving a sort of half-bow that ruffled his pink mane. What an atrocious color. “It is possible I mistook you for someone else. Are you not Leeransayith, devourer of souls and extractor of the damned?”

“Shhh,shh!” Leeroy hissed, finally managing to reach out a leg and catch the edge of the hole (such short legs! What an awkward body he had been summoned into!) “Do not speak such names aloud, or any common fool can use them! What sort of mage are you? Have you no respect?”

The tundra blinked again. Leeroy could see he was trying to understand the situation but was struggling with the difference between his expectation and the reality of the moment. “I do apologize,” he said at last, his deep voice polite. “What would you like me to call you for the duration of our conversation?”

“Leeroy will do,” said Leeroy, wrenching his other paw out of the mud and clinging to the side of the hole. It was enough to keep his head and shoulders from sinking further, but his back end was hopelessly lost. And the mud was growing cooler and thicker the further it sank. His prospects did not look promising.

He tried to heave himself up, but the infernal stuff was too sticky, and had suctioned onto him with alarming strength.

“Leeroy.” The dragon nodded, settling down on his haunches and resting the book over his tattery-robed knees. “In this book you are described as being cut-throat, merciless, blood thirsty and utterly unrelenting.”

“Well, those are- ugh!” he tried to heave himself up again but his claws only slipped in the mud. He settled for leaning his long neck as far forwards as it would go to counter at least part of his weight. “…those are very useful qualities to have as a legal representative! Do you have any idea how much the hells would lose if we just let our debtors slip away?” He shook his head, giving the tundra a disapproving glare. “We’d be facing economic crisis within a month.”

“What would that be like?” The mage asked.

Leeroy fought back a smirk – these magic users could never resist asking questions. Instead he arranged his features into a long-suffering expression and said, “Well, things would revert to the old ways, wouldn’t they? Absolutely no processing system at all – nothing but eating every soul you get your hands on, ripping out throats to take down the competition, and goodbye to the foreign trade department!” He heaved a sigh. “Do you have ANY idea how much the presence of chocolate has done to keep you aboveworlders safe? You’d have to be a fool to risk such upheaval.”

“I…had no idea.” The tunda said, sounding completely at a loss. “So…so um…you do eat souls, do you?”

“No, ‘devourer of souls’ is just my Fluttr handle.” Leeroy said sarcastically. “Did you summon me here just to ask inane questions? I really do have quite a lot of work to do. If you give me your address I’ll send you an informative pamphlet, now just send me back-”

“Ah-no, no I did not.” The dragon said. “I’m here to make um…a demand.”

“A demand.” Leeroy said flatly, staring into the tundra’s eyes with a pale, burning gaze. “You mean a request, I believe. And what have you to offer in exchange for a request?” He gave a smile, and was pleased to feel that his teeth in this form were sharp and numerous. “I assure you, simple surface-world coin will not do even as pacification for the predicament you have landed me in.” For he was well and truly stuck, even his wings stretched full length into the murky depths of the stone-cold sinkhole. “Maybe for your soul, I would consider-”

“Not my soul!” The dragon interrupted, half gasping. “NOT my soul. In no part of this or any conversation am I agreeing to let you lay a claw on my soul.”

Leeroy saw the knife tremble, blood dripping down the blade from the tightly-clenched cut fingers. He smirked, repressing a sigh. Well, so this one had some smarts. Too bad. “Then what do you offer?”

The mage took a calming breath and set the blade aside, removing a handkerchief from a pocket of his robes and murmuring a healing spell before wiping the blood from his fingers. “It is a demand, I’m afraid,” he said apologetically. “I need to know for absolute certainty that someone I know is not…down there. And unless you agree to tell me…” he smiled, showing his flat, plant-eating teeth, “…I’m afraid you’re going to miss your court date.”

Leeroy FROZE, absolutely thunderstruck. This…fluffball! He’d taken the information he’d learned mere moments ago and turned it against Leeroy! Maddening! Infuriating! Leeroy felt rage building up in his chest, felt hunger for this UPSTART’s flesh, blood, and pain tearing at his stomach...

But he had not survived this long in the hells for nothing, had not come this far in the legal system for nothing. He seethed internally, but swallowed his wroth, digging his claws into the mud and hissing, “As soon as I get back to the hells, I’ll be writing your name in-”

“Do you have my name?” The dragon asked politely.

Leeroy glared at him.

“I tell you what,” the dragon said, digging in his bag, pulling out something hefty and wiggling it in Leeroy’s direction. “I don’t want to waste any of your time, and you don’t want your time wasted. If we skip all the silly posing and banter, I’ll give you this. It’s a three pound bar of chocolate I got just for you.”

Leeroy’s mouth instantly began watering but he swallowed, hard. That much chocolate was worth a fortune in the hells…he’d feel good for a long, long time if he ate it sparingly. He cleared his throat, folded his paws neatly over each other, and said with remarkable calm, “Ask your question.”

“Is there or has there ever been a female Guardian by the name of Ayaka among the ranks of dragon souls in the hells?”

Ah, one of these. Leeroy made a face. “The ritual for finding the answer to that question is barbaric and annoying,” he said. “I’ll need…”

The snap of chocolate interrupted him, and he just barely moved his head in time to catch the piece the tundra flung his way. He did catch it, though, and could not repress a moan of pleasure as the sweet, dark stuff began to melt on his tongue. It was at least seventy-five percent, absolutely divine…

He almost lost his grip on the sinkhole rim, but remembered himself just in time. Head reeling, heart racing from the coco and caffine, he spread one of his paws, using a claw from his other hand to pierce all four digits and let the blood pool in his palm. Swallowing the mass of sweetness in his mouth, he looked expectantly at the tundra. “Do you have something of hers?” He asked, giving a lazy smile. Really…that much chocolate was going to be….

The tundra nodded, stepping carefully closer and using magic to drift a single scale in Leeroy’s direction. “This is hers,” he said.

Shame…Leeroy had been hoping to grab the silly fellow and exchange his freedom for the tundra’s life. Instead he went on with the ritual, taking the scale, dipping it in his blood, and then breathing the name “Ayaka,” over it.

The scale turned bright blue, gleaming against his bloody claws. How disappointing! He repressed a sigh and said, “No, she is not held below. Neither is she quite alive, either, but…she is not in the hells.” He licked the last bit of chocolate from his teeth, and dumped the scale and blood in the mud. “Now,” he said, looking the tundra in the eye. “Keep your promise.”

The tundra nodded, scooping up his bag, his knife and his book, then tossing the huge bar of chocolate at Leeroy’s face.

Leeroy caught it in his teeth with a hiss of irritation. “youf- fo rude-!”

But before he could spit out the bar to make proper insults, the mage waved a hand, spoke words of magic and reality shifted around him.

Leeroy landed back in his office with a splatter of mud. He groaned and picked himself up off the floor, looking woefully at his stained suit and carpet. Honestly….he didn’t have time to deal with this!

But then he caught sight of the chocolate on his desk – that sweet, heavy bar of dark pleasure. He glanced from the mud to the bar, and to the pile of evidence papers awaiting his approval on his desk.

And he smiled.

He’d need to find out who that tundra was. Or, better yet…find out what else he needed. Mud was a small price to pay for such n inviting, covetous payment.

He cleaned up his workspace, changed his suit, and settled down with his papers, the smell of chocolate promising rich reward for a job well done.

47774434_350.png
My Plague Doctor Picture book THE DOCTOR AND THE DRAGON is now for sale!Clearly you already like dragons...but what about plague doctors?
@misterartist oh my gosh
@misterartist oh my gosh
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei i might have overdone it
@mermaidlorelei i might have overdone it
My Plague Doctor Picture book THE DOCTOR AND THE DRAGON is now for sale!Clearly you already like dragons...but what about plague doctors?
@mermaidlorelei If I can still claim a dragon could I put a hold on her? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45289194] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/452892/45289194_350.png[/img] [/url] If it resets on Sunday then I think I have one or maybe both left for the week?
@mermaidlorelei

If I can still claim a dragon could I put a hold on her?

45289194_350.png

If it resets on Sunday then I think I have one or maybe both left for the week?
@Whuffie Yep, you can claim!

@Dartrix Reminder about your hold.
@Whuffie Yep, you can claim!

@Dartrix Reminder about your hold.
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] [b]@Decaffeinated Word Count: 676 Words[/b] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42456465] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424565/42456465_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img][/center] Come, little ones. Come, and I will tell you a story. Yes, a story. No, not the time Darkwind got her tail caught in that Guardian skeleton! No, this is older than that. Yes, even older than Megumi, Noroi. Don’t act so surprised, Hyoko. Even you know better than that! Now, is everyone settled? Is everyone ready? Then let’s begin... Imagine with me, little ones, a young land. A land where mountains grew within minutes, oceans crashing hungrily against the shore as fire erupted from within and winds were not so kind as they are today. Can you feel it? Can you smell the ocean breeze, feel the earth shift beneath your paws? Can you feel the warmth of the blaze licking at your sides, the wind pinning your wings to you sides? Now, imagine that, in this chaos, there stood the strongest of creatures. The first children of the gods, some old, some young, fighting to survive the tummolt their own mothers and fathers threw at them. Yes, even the Gaolers, the mighty Children of the Ice and Snow. Can you see them? No, Asiah, not Anwir or Aliya. I know they’re here, but I mean something else. Something more. Can you see them, perhaps, standing in this torrent from the Gods? Good. Then you know the setting of our story. You may know this, but I was there all those years ago, hatched within a canyon formed by the Father of Earth, and raised by his Sons and Daughters of Stone. Back then, I was no fighter, and neither were they. The Children of Earth and Stone had found great skill in the crafting of brilliant arches and great halls of stone, and with them I learned my craft. With Children of the Mother of Fire, I created great windows of glass and gold, depicting the world as it ravaged around us. I had believed, long ago, that such a horrible world could never find its way to my home. And yet, in a twisted way, it did. A great demon, one the likes of which I’d never known, tore down my great hall, shattering my work and laying waste to the land I called home. In the wake of Great Fenrir, destruction reigned, and with it came a much smaller beast. A two-headed beast, as furious and deadly as Fenrir, had come straight to my home. I had no choice but to fight this great beast, to stop it from causing further harm to my family, or worse, to our Father. And so I fought, day or night it did not matter, so long as the Beast had it’s jaws snapping at my tail, it’s claws locked in mine. Finally, the battle was over, and even the tumultuous wind died as the beast fell. I may have defeated the Beast of Pitch, but not without paying a heavy price. The corruption of Fenrir had tainted the Beast’s claws, and the sight in my left eye had left me with one swipe of their claws. To this day, all that eye sees is the burning glow of their eyes, ruby and amber, as they fell. So, young ones, why do you think I am telling you this story? Don’t be shy, go ahead and ask. No, it is not because I want to simply entertain you. No, not that either. It is because that corruption survived, not in Fenrir, but in Imperials whose hearts have twisted, their minds lost to the shadows beyond the stars. I say this not as a fairy tale, but as a warning. Do not fight with those whose claws drip with pitch, for you cannot regain what those claws take from you. Now, run along. I’m sure your mothers and fathers are worried about you. … Now… I can only hope they avoid Nocci and Hotaru. Their path is stained in blood, and only I can see it was once mine. Perhaps the story of my battle will be enough to keep them from being scarred as I have. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][b]Dragons Mentioned[/b][/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42456465] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/424565/42456465_350.png[/img] [/url] Nakita the Earthen Child [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48091367][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=12&winggene=23&wings=146&auth=fac4bdf433debd2633a6067f04e409107b1804b6&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Anwir the Son of Ice [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49248157][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=23&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=97&tertgene=22&winggene=21&wings=26&auth=a3194a6ac1cacf713052ce85228fae477cefb9eb&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Aliya the Daughter of Ice [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10587364] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/105874/10587364_350.png[/img] [/url] Darkwind the Elder Fluff [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6130946] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/61310/6130946_350.png[/img] [/url] Nocci of the Plagued Mind [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16007874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160079/16007874_350.png[/img] [/url] Hotaru of the Fiery Soul [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48816580] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/488166/48816580_350.png[/img] [/url] Asiah the Imperial [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33358167] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/333582/33358167_350.png[/img] [/url] Megumi the Old One [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43463849][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=121&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=20&winggene=25&wings=121&auth=9346408a8202bb8d800ec1440c05de99bd97c17a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Hyoko the Hothead [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u845kq75sv17s9m/earthmidsmall.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43779965][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=96&auth=d42303d6be539a9c77f51d8c67cc6c1f148cbeac&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] Noroi the Curious [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center]
earthtop.png

@Decaffeinated
Word Count: 676 Words

earthmidsmall.png

42456465_350.png

earthmid.png
Come, little ones. Come, and I will tell you a story. Yes, a story. No, not the time Darkwind got her tail caught in that Guardian skeleton! No, this is older than that. Yes, even older than Megumi, Noroi. Don’t act so surprised, Hyoko. Even you know better than that! Now, is everyone settled? Is everyone ready?

Then let’s begin...

Imagine with me, little ones, a young land. A land where mountains grew within minutes, oceans crashing hungrily against the shore as fire erupted from within and winds were not so kind as they are today. Can you feel it? Can you smell the ocean breeze, feel the earth shift beneath your paws? Can you feel the warmth of the blaze licking at your sides, the wind pinning your wings to you sides?

Now, imagine that, in this chaos, there stood the strongest of creatures. The first children of the gods, some old, some young, fighting to survive the tummolt their own mothers and fathers threw at them. Yes, even the Gaolers, the mighty Children of the Ice and Snow. Can you see them?

No, Asiah, not Anwir or Aliya. I know they’re here, but I mean something else. Something more. Can you see them, perhaps, standing in this torrent from the Gods?

Good. Then you know the setting of our story. You may know this, but I was there all those years ago, hatched within a canyon formed by the Father of Earth, and raised by his Sons and Daughters of Stone. Back then, I was no fighter, and neither were they.

The Children of Earth and Stone had found great skill in the crafting of brilliant arches and great halls of stone, and with them I learned my craft. With Children of the Mother of Fire, I created great windows of glass and gold, depicting the world as it ravaged around us. I had believed, long ago, that such a horrible world could never find its way to my home.

And yet, in a twisted way, it did. A great demon, one the likes of which I’d never known, tore down my great hall, shattering my work and laying waste to the land I called home. In the wake of Great Fenrir, destruction reigned, and with it came a much smaller beast. A two-headed beast, as furious and deadly as Fenrir, had come straight to my home.

I had no choice but to fight this great beast, to stop it from causing further harm to my family, or worse, to our Father. And so I fought, day or night it did not matter, so long as the Beast had it’s jaws snapping at my tail, it’s claws locked in mine. Finally, the battle was over, and even the tumultuous wind died as the beast fell.

I may have defeated the Beast of Pitch, but not without paying a heavy price. The corruption of Fenrir had tainted the Beast’s claws, and the sight in my left eye had left me with one swipe of their claws. To this day, all that eye sees is the burning glow of their eyes, ruby and amber, as they fell.

So, young ones, why do you think I am telling you this story? Don’t be shy, go ahead and ask. No, it is not because I want to simply entertain you. No, not that either. It is because that corruption survived, not in Fenrir, but in Imperials whose hearts have twisted, their minds lost to the shadows beyond the stars. I say this not as a fairy tale, but as a warning.

Do not fight with those whose claws drip with pitch, for you cannot regain what those claws take from you.

Now, run along. I’m sure your mothers and fathers are worried about you.

Now… I can only hope they avoid Nocci and Hotaru. Their path is stained in blood, and only I can see it was once mine. Perhaps the story of my battle will be enough to keep them from being scarred as I have.
earthmid.png

Dragons Mentioned

earthmidsmall.png

42456465_350.png

Nakita the Earthen Child

earthmidsmall.png

dragon?age=1&body=22&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=19&tertgene=12&winggene=23&wings=146&auth=fac4bdf433debd2633a6067f04e409107b1804b6&dummyext=prev.png
Anwir the Son of Ice

earthmidsmall.png

dragon?age=1&body=23&bodygene=11&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=97&tertgene=22&winggene=21&wings=26&auth=a3194a6ac1cacf713052ce85228fae477cefb9eb&dummyext=prev.png
Aliya the Daughter of Ice

earthmidsmall.png

10587364_350.png

Darkwind the Elder Fluff

earthmidsmall.png

6130946_350.png

Nocci of the Plagued Mind

earthmidsmall.png

16007874_350.png

Hotaru of the Fiery Soul

earthmidsmall.png

48816580_350.png

Asiah the Imperial

earthmidsmall.png

33358167_350.png

Megumi the Old One

earthmidsmall.png

dragon?age=0&body=121&bodygene=24&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=7&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=20&winggene=25&wings=121&auth=9346408a8202bb8d800ec1440c05de99bd97c17a&dummyext=prev.png
Hyoko the Hothead

earthmidsmall.png

dragon?age=0&body=96&bodygene=20&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=2&tertgene=20&winggene=20&wings=96&auth=d42303d6be539a9c77f51d8c67cc6c1f148cbeac&dummyext=prev.png
Noroi the Curious

earthbottom.png
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
@Decaffeinated Could i be added to the general pinglist?
@Decaffeinated Could i be added to the general pinglist?
LMLA6wg.png
@decaffeinated here’s Kela’s lore! She’s just a lonely orchard owner who loves her job but wishes she had some company. Her name means Banana in Hindi! Hope it’s okay! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49260280] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492603/49260280_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Kela[/b] Kela walked through the foliage, brushing past an array of fruits hanging from her trees. Her orchard was filled with a large array of edible plants, bee orchids, lucky stars, blue parrot tulips, ivy, bamboo leaves, and more littered the ground and grew on trees, brushing against her scales as her keen eyes peered through the growth. The plants were beautiful, yes, with a late array of bright and inviting colors, but the main attractions were the fruits. Kela loved her fruits, the variety, the colors, how each and every one had its own unique flavor and pattern. She was happy, of course, as her job of running the orchard was perfect for her, but she was terribly lonely, as she had little interaction with other dragons unless she was selling them her crops. She sighed as she walked, pushing her loneliness out of her head and continuing to look around. Sea berries littered the ground, strikingly blue against the black tongue peppers. Honeycrisp apples hung from the bows of low hanging branches, along with red bananas and wisp fruit. Kela reached up with a talon, running her claw along the edge of an apple. Tempting as it was, she could not pick one for a quick mid-walk snack. Usually her trees were bountiful enough that she had plenty of fruits to spare, which she would readily share with her neighbors and friends, and of course herself. Jams, pies, tarts, marmalade’s, sweet breads, and right of the branch, Kela loved fresh fruit in any form. To her dismay, however, she had found that a surprising amount of her crop had been stolen. She had found many broken stems and crushed leaves, left behind by something that had carelessly ripped her plants from the branch, running off through her orchard and crushing plants as it went. She had led it slide at first, as Kela was happy to share with any creature unfortunate enough to be driven to steal, but it had gotten out of hand. Now she was walking through her orchard, tuning out the cacophony of birdsong and insects, and listening for the crunch of footsteps instead. She wondered if it was a creature, or perhaps a hungry dragon. Something simply hungry, or more directly targeting her crop. Carefully avoiding the plants littering the ground, she crept carefully down the sun-warmed paths, eyes peeled for any sign of movement. She saw it then, a trail of crushed plants leading off into the foliage. What careless dragon would do this? She carefully followed the trail, trying not to damage the crushed plants further. Ears perked, she could hear something now, a noise that sounded like… snuffling? She was getting close, a patch of fire flowers the only thing between her and the thief. She burst through the bush with a cry, and her eyes fell on a startled alstroemeria Fox, a half eaten Granny Smith Apple between its paws. The fox let out a yelp and tried to skitter away, its tail between its legs, but it was blocked by a wall of ivy. Kela could see the fox was thin, starving even, and her face softened. She crouched down and extended her talon, gently pushing the remains of the Apple towards the fox. “Here little one” she said softly, “it’s alright”. The fox carefully inched forward, its hunger trumping its worry. After snapping up the rest of the Apple, the fox looked up at her, and Kela could have sworn it was smiling at her. “Come with me little one” she said, scooping up the fox and placing it securely behind her wing. “I have more fruit in my home, you’re welcome to stay with me there!”. The alstroemeria fox let out a happy yelp, and nestled itself in between her wing and shoulder. “I’m going to call you Pomi” Kela said with a smile, scratching the fox behind its ear with her talon. “It means Apple, and I think it suits you well”. Pomi let out a yip which Kela took as a yes. She took the fox all the way back to her hut, and cut up an apple with her claw, putting it in a clay bowl and setting it on the ground for Pomi. She smiled as she watched her eat, and knew that she wouldn’t have to feel lonely again. - 732 words
@decaffeinated here’s Kela’s lore! She’s just a lonely orchard owner who loves her job but wishes she had some company. Her name means Banana in Hindi! Hope it’s okay!

49260280_350.png

Kela
Kela walked through the foliage, brushing past an array of fruits hanging from her trees. Her orchard was filled with a large array of edible plants, bee orchids, lucky stars, blue parrot tulips, ivy, bamboo leaves, and more littered the ground and grew on trees, brushing against her scales as her keen eyes peered through the growth. The plants were beautiful, yes, with a late array of bright and inviting colors, but the main attractions were the fruits. Kela loved her fruits, the variety, the colors, how each and every one had its own unique flavor and pattern. She was happy, of course, as her job of running the orchard was perfect for her, but she was terribly lonely, as she had little interaction with other dragons unless she was selling them her crops. She sighed as she walked, pushing her loneliness out of her head and continuing to look around. Sea berries littered the ground, strikingly blue against the black tongue peppers. Honeycrisp apples hung from the bows of low hanging branches, along with red bananas and wisp fruit. Kela reached up with a talon, running her claw along the edge of an apple. Tempting as it was, she could not pick one for a quick mid-walk snack. Usually her trees were bountiful enough that she had plenty of fruits to spare, which she would readily share with her neighbors and friends, and of course herself. Jams, pies, tarts, marmalade’s, sweet breads, and right of the branch, Kela loved fresh fruit in any form. To her dismay, however, she had found that a surprising amount of her crop had been stolen. She had found many broken stems and crushed leaves, left behind by something that had carelessly ripped her plants from the branch, running off through her orchard and crushing plants as it went. She had led it slide at first, as Kela was happy to share with any creature unfortunate enough to be driven to steal, but it had gotten out of hand. Now she was walking through her orchard, tuning out the cacophony of birdsong and insects, and listening for the crunch of footsteps instead. She wondered if it was a creature, or perhaps a hungry dragon. Something simply hungry, or more directly targeting her crop. Carefully avoiding the plants littering the ground, she crept carefully down the sun-warmed paths, eyes peeled for any sign of movement. She saw it then, a trail of crushed plants leading off into the foliage. What careless dragon would do this? She carefully followed the trail, trying not to damage the crushed plants further. Ears perked, she could hear something now, a noise that sounded like… snuffling? She was getting close, a patch of fire flowers the only thing between her and the thief. She burst through the bush with a cry, and her eyes fell on a startled alstroemeria Fox, a half eaten Granny Smith Apple between its paws. The fox let out a yelp and tried to skitter away, its tail between its legs, but it was blocked by a wall of ivy. Kela could see the fox was thin, starving even, and her face softened. She crouched down and extended her talon, gently pushing the remains of the Apple towards the fox.
“Here little one” she said softly, “it’s alright”. The fox carefully inched forward, its hunger trumping its worry. After snapping up the rest of the Apple, the fox looked up at her, and Kela could have sworn it was smiling at her. “Come with me little one” she said, scooping up the fox and placing it securely behind her wing. “I have more fruit in my home, you’re welcome to stay with me there!”. The alstroemeria fox let out a happy yelp, and nestled itself in between her wing and shoulder. “I’m going to call you Pomi” Kela said with a smile, scratching the fox behind its ear with her talon. “It means Apple, and I think it suits you well”. Pomi let out a yip which Kela took as a yes. She took the fox all the way back to her hut, and cut up an apple with her claw, putting it in a clay bowl and setting it on the ground for Pomi. She smiled as she watched her eat, and knew that she wouldn’t have to feel lonely again.
-
732 words
X5AwQGB.jpgLime.pngX5AwQGB.jpg
1 2 ... 175 176 177 178 179 ... 706 707