Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Thread closed
1 2 ... 282 283 284 285 286 ... 386 387
@Schingiuire Congrats on your senior project! Here’s the entry for this psycho throw rug. It’s just some loose prose for today. I’ll defiantly give him a real story or two eventually. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45624290] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/456243/45624290_350.png[/img] [/url] When the dye maker’s fur was smooth and fine, he waited in the steam, watching onion skins bleed red into the water. He watched as the boiling water stole the color and burned it into the fibers while the plants withered away. It was fascinating. Plants lived on nothing but light, yet they grew and bloomed, spreading their children across the forest floor. The dye maker brushed the water with a stained paw, testing the strength of the color. It was bright, red as a fox, but weak. It needed more heat. More time. He breathed in the steam and picked up the prism he kept at his side, holding it up to the light. The colors split instantly, lining itself in a rainbow across his paw. This was true color, bright against his mottled fur, purer than the musty red he was brewing in his pot. He scrutinized the prism light, determined to discover how it split into colors so cleanly. If a shard of glass could cut the light, then why couldn’t his boiling pots? When the dye maker’s fur was thick and corse, nettled with sticks and slivers of bark, a mother came to him. She fought her way through his tangled garden, supporting a hatchling too big to carry. “They said you could help.” The mother said, struggling to keep the hatchling upright. “Do you know what to do?” The dye maker could barely see the hatchling’s blue feathers beneath the pox, and his breath came slow shallow. He nodded. There was no magic for this, but dye maker he kept the hatchling warm and gave him sips of water, watching his feathers grow brighter by the day. He spoke kind words to the mother, that her hatchling would be chasing geese and snapping at little birds again before the spring. He was right, of course. And when the mother asked about his fee, he placed his glass-tipped staff on the hatchling’s bright feathers. The mother said nothing. She nodded and turned, guiding her pale white hatchling away from the lair between the vines. The dye maker smiled at the shimmering blue that hovered in the air and drunk it in, letting the color crackle in his mouth. He could feel it wind through is veins and bleed into his fur, fresh as they sky above. The dye maker considered his glass-tipped staff, letting it refract the light that filtered through the vines, scattering it into rainbows on the ground cover. There were so many possibilities, when one could cut the light.
@Schingiuire
Congrats on your senior project!
Here’s the entry for this psycho throw rug. It’s just some loose prose for today. I’ll defiantly give him a real story or two eventually.

45624290_350.png

When the dye maker’s fur was smooth and fine, he waited in the steam, watching onion skins bleed red into the water.

He watched as the boiling water stole the color and burned it into the fibers while the plants withered away. It was fascinating. Plants lived on nothing but light, yet they grew and bloomed, spreading their children across the forest floor.

The dye maker brushed the water with a stained paw, testing the strength of the color. It was bright, red as a fox, but weak. It needed more heat. More time.

He breathed in the steam and picked up the prism he kept at his side, holding it up to the light. The colors split instantly, lining itself in a rainbow across his paw.

This was true color, bright against his mottled fur, purer than the musty red he was brewing in his pot.

He scrutinized the prism light, determined to discover how it split into colors so cleanly. If a shard of glass could cut the light, then why couldn’t his boiling pots?

When the dye maker’s fur was thick and corse, nettled with sticks and slivers of bark, a mother came to him. She fought her way through his tangled garden, supporting a hatchling too big to carry.

“They said you could help.” The mother said, struggling to keep the hatchling upright. “Do you know what to do?”

The dye maker could barely see the hatchling’s blue feathers beneath the pox, and his breath came slow shallow.

He nodded.

There was no magic for this, but dye maker he kept the hatchling warm and gave him sips of water, watching his feathers grow brighter by the day. He spoke kind words to the mother, that her hatchling would be chasing geese and snapping at little birds again before the spring.

He was right, of course. And when the mother asked about his fee, he placed his glass-tipped staff on the hatchling’s bright feathers.

The mother said nothing. She nodded and turned, guiding her pale white hatchling away from the lair between the vines.

The dye maker smiled at the shimmering blue that hovered in the air and drunk it in, letting the color crackle in his mouth. He could feel it wind through is veins and bleed into his fur, fresh as they sky above.

The dye maker considered his glass-tipped staff, letting it refract the light that filtered through the vines, scattering it into rainbows on the ground cover. There were so many possibilities, when one could cut the light.
7hN3sEu.png
@Schingiuire can ya enter me for the weekly raffle plz?
@Schingiuire can ya enter me for the weekly raffle plz?
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.pngtumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png
@sassyTRex I am in love with your username and the matching signature cutie! ;w;
@sassyTRex I am in love with your username and the matching signature cutie! ;w;
b u m p!
b u m p!
My Plague Doctor Picture book THE DOCTOR AND THE DRAGON is now for sale!Clearly you already like dragons...but what about plague doctors?
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/454586/45458572_350.png[/img] @Schingiuire Once again, she had found herself in the Scorched Forest, staying within the shadows as she attempted to gather more information for her clan on the area, but she had been here so many times that there was nothing new for her to learn. She knew this place like the back of her paws. Ever since she came of age, like the other Skydancer's in the clan, she was assigned a scouting location, and even named after it. And after all this time, she was beginning to become [i]bored[/i]. She knew that her race was supposed to be peaceful, and that they typically weren't fighters, but just constantly scouting the same place over and over again had fueled her thirst for action. She wanted to [i]fight[/i]. But she was laughed off by her clan, and told to "get back to work". And so, in despondence, Forestblaze did what she was told. She tried to bring up the topic again and again, begging her leaders for a single chance, but was denied at every turn. So, she never brought it up again, and continued to follow her directive with despondence. But then, one day, as she was scouting, she saw a group of three dragons. Two of them were Guardians, but the other was a Skydancer, just like her. And [i]fighting[/i]. The mysterious Skydancer was truly a sight to see, as she used her agility to easily dance around the opponents, and evade any attacks, while using her sharp claws to bring the enemies to their knees. It wasn't long before the battle was over. "Good job, Ivory!" The orange Guardian complimented. The blue Guardian nodded in agreement. "Indeed. You are on your way to become a true warrior." Warrior. [i]Warrior.[/i] A Skydancer...being trained to be a warrior? She couldn't believe it. For the first time, she abandoned her normal scouting post. The three dragons quickly entered a battle stance as they heard the unfamiliar noise, then relaxed when they just saw it was another dragon. "Oh, hello there." The blue Guardian said politely. "Are you lost?" She shook her head. "No. I'm just here on another scouting mission for my clan. I just couldn't help but watch you all battle those monsters." "You sound upset." Ivory, the other Skydancer, noted. "You're not really happy with your job, are you?" "No, I'm not. But my clan refuses to let me do anything I want." She admitted sadly. "Speaking of which, I should get going now." "No, wait." The blue Guardian said. "Your clan doesn't sound like they truly care about you, if they keep dismissing your wishes like that. Why don't you come with us? If you wish to become a warrior yourself, Spike and I would be more than happy to teach you." She had jumped at the offer. Eventually, she and Ivory even became a team. She was allowed to follow her true passions, and she was treated as an equal. And she never once looked back. (I noticed that it said you wanted at least around 250-350 words or somewhere around there on the front page, and I did a word count and the story came up as 502. I'm not sure if you meant for that to be a minimum, or if you don't want anything higher than that set range. I hope what I wrote is okay.)
45458572_350.png

@Schingiuire

Once again, she had found herself in the Scorched Forest, staying within the shadows as she attempted to gather more information for her clan on the area, but she had been here so many times that there was nothing new for her to learn. She knew this place like the back of her paws.

Ever since she came of age, like the other Skydancer's in the clan, she was assigned a scouting location, and even named after it. And after all this time, she was beginning to become bored. She knew that her race was supposed to be peaceful, and that they typically weren't fighters, but just constantly scouting the same place over and over again had fueled her thirst for action. She wanted to fight.

But she was laughed off by her clan, and told to "get back to work". And so, in despondence, Forestblaze did what she was told. She tried to bring up the topic again and again, begging her leaders for a single chance, but was denied at every turn. So, she never brought it up again, and continued to follow her directive with despondence.

But then, one day, as she was scouting, she saw a group of three dragons. Two of them were Guardians, but the other was a Skydancer, just like her. And fighting. The mysterious Skydancer was truly a sight to see, as she used her agility to easily dance around the opponents, and evade any attacks, while using her sharp claws to bring the enemies to their knees.

It wasn't long before the battle was over. "Good job, Ivory!" The orange Guardian complimented.

The blue Guardian nodded in agreement. "Indeed. You are on your way to become a true warrior."

Warrior.

Warrior.

A Skydancer...being trained to be a warrior? She couldn't believe it. For the first time, she abandoned her normal scouting post.

The three dragons quickly entered a battle stance as they heard the unfamiliar noise, then relaxed when they just saw it was another dragon.

"Oh, hello there." The blue Guardian said politely. "Are you lost?"

She shook her head. "No. I'm just here on another scouting mission for my clan. I just couldn't help but watch you all battle those monsters."

"You sound upset." Ivory, the other Skydancer, noted. "You're not really happy with your job, are you?"

"No, I'm not. But my clan refuses to let me do anything I want." She admitted sadly. "Speaking of which, I should get going now."

"No, wait." The blue Guardian said. "Your clan doesn't sound like they truly care about you, if they keep dismissing your wishes like that. Why don't you come with us? If you wish to become a warrior yourself, Spike and I would be more than happy to teach you."

She had jumped at the offer. Eventually, she and Ivory even became a team. She was allowed to follow her true passions, and she was treated as an equal. And she never once looked back.

(I noticed that it said you wanted at least around 250-350 words or somewhere around there on the front page, and I did a word count and the story came up as 502. I'm not sure if you meant for that to be a minimum, or if you don't want anything higher than that set range. I hope what I wrote is okay.)

Noctua_Link_Big.png
@Schingiuire I take it that's a no, or did you not see the question?
@Schingiuire I take it that's a no, or did you not see the question?
20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
@IcyCrystal Anything above the stated minimums is fine. The more words, the more story! We writers are always hungry for story. Some of us write twice or more past the minimum, just for the joy of it!
@IcyCrystal Anything above the stated minimums is fine. The more words, the more story! We writers are always hungry for story. Some of us write twice or more past the minimum, just for the joy of it!
All Nest Rentals - 5g/5kt and 40 food pls
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@Schingiuire could I be added to the general ping list?
@Schingiuire could I be added to the general ping list?
CAKE? WHAT CAKE?

.|\.^./|.
«'6.=.6'»
'" ^ "'
@Banevear

I must have missed it @_@
I'll update the thread in a few hours
@Banevear

Alhazred-Signature.png
[quote name="Schingiuire" date="2018-12-05 20:50:37" ] @Banevear I must have missed it @_@ I'll update the thread in a few hours [/quote] I had asked if you had room for a donation, is all. ^__^
Schingiuire wrote on 2018-12-05 20:50:37:
@Banevear

I had asked if you had room for a donation, is all. ^__^
20181024_graphic1_by_death_in_the_orchard-dcqadff.png
1 2 ... 282 283 284 285 286 ... 386 387