Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | WIPs: CLOSED News on page 202
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 201 202
@NovaLovesFrogs
Oh my gosh Nova is sounding even more adorable! Well except for the part when he's angry (that's totally not cool D:)

Oh it's no problem at all! And wow it's really coming along :O it looks a lot bigger than the one in your first photo, nice! seems like it's going to turn out awesomely haha. Does your cat really like these pink and green colors? (watermelons right?)

Also @Taleirrh Your banners look amazing on the front page! I hope you feel better and kick butt in that video game :)
@NovaLovesFrogs
Oh my gosh Nova is sounding even more adorable! Well except for the part when he's angry (that's totally not cool D:)

Oh it's no problem at all! And wow it's really coming along :O it looks a lot bigger than the one in your first photo, nice! seems like it's going to turn out awesomely haha. Does your cat really like these pink and green colors? (watermelons right?)

Also @Taleirrh Your banners look amazing on the front page! I hope you feel better and kick butt in that video game :)
dream%20dragon%20b_zpsc6usyp9o.png
@maplebit
It's actually gotten a lot bigger since I took that photo for you. I seem to be on a roll tonight. XD

He's responded to pink since before he ever knew what watermelon tasted like. Cats can see in color, though if they process color the same way we do isn't known yet. They used to think that dogs only saw in black and white, but that was proven wrong years ago. Now they think dogs see in sepia hues, only slightly more saturated than what most people think of as sepia.

I hate the color pink, so I was unhappy to learn that that was the color he responded to best. He became attracted to green after we bought him a toy frog that he absolutely loved. Ever since he got that toy frog (and dozens more) he's been attracted to green.

I decided to make a watermelon blanket for him since his favorite candy flavor is of a melon that uses both his favorite colors. His other favorite color is orange.

Our twelve year old, Cosmo, responds best to blue, green, and yellow. Our fifteen year old, Tuxie, responds best to purple, blue, and green.
@maplebit
It's actually gotten a lot bigger since I took that photo for you. I seem to be on a roll tonight. XD

He's responded to pink since before he ever knew what watermelon tasted like. Cats can see in color, though if they process color the same way we do isn't known yet. They used to think that dogs only saw in black and white, but that was proven wrong years ago. Now they think dogs see in sepia hues, only slightly more saturated than what most people think of as sepia.

I hate the color pink, so I was unhappy to learn that that was the color he responded to best. He became attracted to green after we bought him a toy frog that he absolutely loved. Ever since he got that toy frog (and dozens more) he's been attracted to green.

I decided to make a watermelon blanket for him since his favorite candy flavor is of a melon that uses both his favorite colors. His other favorite color is orange.

Our twelve year old, Cosmo, responds best to blue, green, and yellow. Our fifteen year old, Tuxie, responds best to purple, blue, and green.
Is our skin to keep the world out or our bodies in?
This doesn't feel like home.
@NovaLovesFrogs Wooo! Go you! :D

I never realized that cats could have favorite colors (or that they might see the world completely differently).. That's really neat though! :O

Aww! What a coincidence that he would get attached to both green and pink when he loves watermelon haha.
I'm just imagining a cat surrounded by dozens of little frogs and gosh that's just adorable.

Wow! I like Tuxie's and Nova's choice of colors haha (sorry Cosmo!). Also they all have really nice names!
@NovaLovesFrogs Wooo! Go you! :D

I never realized that cats could have favorite colors (or that they might see the world completely differently).. That's really neat though! :O

Aww! What a coincidence that he would get attached to both green and pink when he loves watermelon haha.
I'm just imagining a cat surrounded by dozens of little frogs and gosh that's just adorable.

Wow! I like Tuxie's and Nova's choice of colors haha (sorry Cosmo!). Also they all have really nice names!
@maplebit
A lot of people don't pay enough attention to animals to find out what their preferences are. Most people think animals are lesser to humans. But humans are animals, too. I take the approach of letting them reach their potential as individuals, and I've had cats that were dumber than bricks and didn't have preferences other than what they liked to eat.

There's a picture of Nova with one of his frogs in my profile. Only a couple of them are small, most of them are larger. He also loves real frogs and toads, and the reptile guy at Petsmart always takes them out to let Nova see them up close. Nova loves staring at them, nose to nose. We've been considering getting a toad for him to watch.

We didn't name Tuxie, my uncle did. He's a tuxedo cat, so he was named Tuxie. I named Cosmo, and B and I named Nova to go along with Cosmo.

Cosmo much prefers blue over the other two colors. We think it's because he's vain as hell. Which he is. Cosmo is a flame point with blue eyes.

Nova didn't seem to care about orange until after he started chewing on Cosmo's ears while he was still a kitten. (Nova will be four in September.)
@maplebit
A lot of people don't pay enough attention to animals to find out what their preferences are. Most people think animals are lesser to humans. But humans are animals, too. I take the approach of letting them reach their potential as individuals, and I've had cats that were dumber than bricks and didn't have preferences other than what they liked to eat.

There's a picture of Nova with one of his frogs in my profile. Only a couple of them are small, most of them are larger. He also loves real frogs and toads, and the reptile guy at Petsmart always takes them out to let Nova see them up close. Nova loves staring at them, nose to nose. We've been considering getting a toad for him to watch.

We didn't name Tuxie, my uncle did. He's a tuxedo cat, so he was named Tuxie. I named Cosmo, and B and I named Nova to go along with Cosmo.

Cosmo much prefers blue over the other two colors. We think it's because he's vain as hell. Which he is. Cosmo is a flame point with blue eyes.

Nova didn't seem to care about orange until after he started chewing on Cosmo's ears while he was still a kitten. (Nova will be four in September.)
@NovaLovesFrogs
Ah that's a good point.. I have a friend who has three cats and they all have extremely different personalities.

Oh goodness gracious that picture is adorable! Aww! This is making me wish there was a cute comic out there with the adventures of a cat and frog! That'd be so cute though, to have Nova have a toad companion. :O

Ohhh I see that makes sense. I like the related names! And Cosmo is sounding more wonderful by the second! xD

Oh my so Nova is the young one in the group. Are Cosmo and Nova close?
@NovaLovesFrogs
Ah that's a good point.. I have a friend who has three cats and they all have extremely different personalities.

Oh goodness gracious that picture is adorable! Aww! This is making me wish there was a cute comic out there with the adventures of a cat and frog! That'd be so cute though, to have Nova have a toad companion. :O

Ohhh I see that makes sense. I like the related names! And Cosmo is sounding more wonderful by the second! xD

Oh my so Nova is the young one in the group. Are Cosmo and Nova close?
@maplebit
My cats all have some things in common, but they're all different from each other.

Tuxie is actually Cosmo's older brother from an earlier litter.

Yep! Nova is the young one!

And Cosmo and Nova are very close.

(Click on the thumbnails to see them larger.)
Nova, 4mos.
xFAfzAFs.jpgGMD4Nyls.jpg

Nova, 5mos
XLk3e7Ys.jpg

Nova, 6mos
nqzfNBKs.jpggnIx9bQs.jpg

Nova, 2yrs
elA3sSTs.jpglYBUMNPs.jpg

Nova, 3yrs
LP6xGfKs.jpgbSS2caQs.jpg

(I had to resist throwing in some bonus pictures. ^^;; )
@maplebit
My cats all have some things in common, but they're all different from each other.

Tuxie is actually Cosmo's older brother from an earlier litter.

Yep! Nova is the young one!

And Cosmo and Nova are very close.

(Click on the thumbnails to see them larger.)
Nova, 4mos.
xFAfzAFs.jpgGMD4Nyls.jpg

Nova, 5mos
XLk3e7Ys.jpg

Nova, 6mos
nqzfNBKs.jpggnIx9bQs.jpg

Nova, 2yrs
elA3sSTs.jpglYBUMNPs.jpg

Nova, 3yrs
LP6xGfKs.jpgbSS2caQs.jpg

(I had to resist throwing in some bonus pictures. ^^;; )
@NovaLovesFrogs

Oh I see! Gosh Cosmo and Nova are always together! xD Your cats are adorable!!!

Also Cosmo is gorgeous I can see why he's so vain haha but gosh fdjskal;vcxjzkl;ew they're so cute I just want to hug them!
@NovaLovesFrogs

Oh I see! Gosh Cosmo and Nova are always together! xD Your cats are adorable!!!

Also Cosmo is gorgeous I can see why he's so vain haha but gosh fdjskal;vcxjzkl;ew they're so cute I just want to hug them!
@maplebit
Haha, thank you. Yeah, Cosmo is justifiably vain. Then again, all three of them are vain. And Nova is VERY particular about their appearances. Cosmo doesn't groom himself anymore because Nova does it for him. Whenever we're taking them somewhere or heading up to Kansas City (it's a two day drive from El Paso) to see our families, Nova will groom them in the car to make sure they look nice.

If either Cosmo or Tuxie doesn't look just right, Nova will ignore them when out in public. Which leads to interesting encounters at Petsmart. Half the employees know that when Nova's ignoring the other two, it means he's unhappy with their appearance. XD

I have more pictures of Cosmo if you'd like to see them. As the pictures reveal, he's a lover, not a fighter. (Unless it's a mouse that isn't being kept as a pet. In which case, Cosmo is an expert hunter.)
@maplebit
Haha, thank you. Yeah, Cosmo is justifiably vain. Then again, all three of them are vain. And Nova is VERY particular about their appearances. Cosmo doesn't groom himself anymore because Nova does it for him. Whenever we're taking them somewhere or heading up to Kansas City (it's a two day drive from El Paso) to see our families, Nova will groom them in the car to make sure they look nice.

If either Cosmo or Tuxie doesn't look just right, Nova will ignore them when out in public. Which leads to interesting encounters at Petsmart. Half the employees know that when Nova's ignoring the other two, it means he's unhappy with their appearance. XD

I have more pictures of Cosmo if you'd like to see them. As the pictures reveal, he's a lover, not a fighter. (Unless it's a mouse that isn't being kept as a pet. In which case, Cosmo is an expert hunter.)
Holy crap have I gotten a lot done on this blanket. I was gonna take a picture, but my point of size reference was my laptop. The blanket is now too big to photograph on my keyboard.

I also think the blanket will probably be done sometime tonight.

@~@
Holy crap have I gotten a lot done on this blanket. I was gonna take a picture, but my point of size reference was my laptop. The blanket is now too big to photograph on my keyboard.

I also think the blanket will probably be done sometime tonight.

@~@
@NovaLovesFrogs

Oh my goodness Nova is hilarious! xD Even though he's the youngest he sure seems like a leader in the group haha.
I would love to see more pictures of Cosmo! :O He's absolutely adorable (just like the others)! :D He seems like the cute cat who can be unexpectedly fierce at times haha.

:O Wow!!!! That was really fast xD Did you happen to finish it then?
@NovaLovesFrogs

Oh my goodness Nova is hilarious! xD Even though he's the youngest he sure seems like a leader in the group haha.
I would love to see more pictures of Cosmo! :O He's absolutely adorable (just like the others)! :D He seems like the cute cat who can be unexpectedly fierce at times haha.

:O Wow!!!! That was really fast xD Did you happen to finish it then?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 201 202