Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | WIPs: CLOSED News on page 202
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202
@maplebit
It's okay. Embroidery is another craft. It's just something you can do with knitting and crochet as well. Crocheting and knitting is just another way to make fabric. You embroider fabric.

I'd never attach beads to something I'd give to an animal or small child. Especially not Nova. He has pica and would eat them.

Cross-stitching is a form of embroidery. If you'd like to learn more about it, here's the wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embroidery

I plan on altering leafing techniques to make seeds.
http://www.needlenthread.com/2013/10/tutorials-for-hand-embroidered-leaves.html
@maplebit
It's okay. Embroidery is another craft. It's just something you can do with knitting and crochet as well. Crocheting and knitting is just another way to make fabric. You embroider fabric.

I'd never attach beads to something I'd give to an animal or small child. Especially not Nova. He has pica and would eat them.

Cross-stitching is a form of embroidery. If you'd like to learn more about it, here's the wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embroidery

I plan on altering leafing techniques to make seeds.
http://www.needlenthread.com/2013/10/tutorials-for-hand-embroidered-leaves.html
Is our skin to keep the world out or our bodies in?
This doesn't feel like home.
I think this is a really cool idea. :>

I don't do anything super fancy, I just draw...Does that qualify? x3

I can share my current WIP with you all. I'm trying to get better at my linework so I feel more confident with it before moving onto learning how to color/shade better.

It's a big image so I'll just link instead of embedding - http://i59.tinypic.com/vipuh2.jpg plan to color it eventually after I work on smoothing the lines out a little more. :3
I think this is a really cool idea. :>

I don't do anything super fancy, I just draw...Does that qualify? x3

I can share my current WIP with you all. I'm trying to get better at my linework so I feel more confident with it before moving onto learning how to color/shade better.

It's a big image so I'll just link instead of embedding - http://i59.tinypic.com/vipuh2.jpg plan to color it eventually after I work on smoothing the lines out a little more. :3
@Kamimura
It absolutely does count! Though unfortunately I can't allow digital art or photo manipulations into Project Of The Week because of the ease of stealing images online.

I had an issue on another site when I held an art contest and had several people submit stolen WIPs and final product. It's just to be safe.

I actually don't really like that particular style of art, but for some reason I like yours. (I've had friends that drew in similar styles.) It's very...simple, but elegant.
@Kamimura
It absolutely does count! Though unfortunately I can't allow digital art or photo manipulations into Project Of The Week because of the ease of stealing images online.

I had an issue on another site when I held an art contest and had several people submit stolen WIPs and final product. It's just to be safe.

I actually don't really like that particular style of art, but for some reason I like yours. (I've had friends that drew in similar styles.) It's very...simple, but elegant.
@NovaLovesFrogs

Ah, thank you! I'm glad you like it. :>

And no worries about not being able to count it ... I'm happy to just have somewhere to hang out and share! Your reasons are perfectly legit.
@NovaLovesFrogs

Ah, thank you! I'm glad you like it. :>

And no worries about not being able to count it ... I'm happy to just have somewhere to hang out and share! Your reasons are perfectly legit.
@NovaLovesFrogs
oh gosh how silly of me right
oh thanks for the links! that looks really cool :)

@Kamimura oh my that looks really neat right now! i really like that shade of blue and am currently very envious of how wonderful that braid looks haha. what do you use to draw?
@NovaLovesFrogs
oh gosh how silly of me right
oh thanks for the links! that looks really cool :)

@Kamimura oh my that looks really neat right now! i really like that shade of blue and am currently very envious of how wonderful that braid looks haha. what do you use to draw?
dream%20dragon%20b_zpsc6usyp9o.png
@Kamimura
I'm glad you understand! If we get other digital artists I might start a contest specifically for digital art, with changing themes/challenges that would be pretty specific.

Hanging out and sharing is what this place was made for! :3
@Kamimura
I'm glad you understand! If we get other digital artists I might start a contest specifically for digital art, with changing themes/challenges that would be pretty specific.

Hanging out and sharing is what this place was made for! :3
@NovaLovesFrogs -

That'd be really neat! I'd totally participate if something like that ever started.

@maplebit -

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of the braid myself haha. I use a wacom bamboo tablet. :3
@NovaLovesFrogs -

That'd be really neat! I'd totally participate if something like that ever started.

@maplebit -

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of the braid myself haha. I use a wacom bamboo tablet. :3
@maplebit
It's not really silly at all. Just not everyone thinks of things like that.

@Kamimura
Well you're welcome to suggest contests to throw! Everyone is, really. Seeing as I work mostly with crocheting and making jewellery, I tried to make it as all-encompassing as possible but could use some suggestions for other crafts and art forms. :3
@maplebit
It's not really silly at all. Just not everyone thinks of things like that.

@Kamimura
Well you're welcome to suggest contests to throw! Everyone is, really. Seeing as I work mostly with crocheting and making jewellery, I tried to make it as all-encompassing as possible but could use some suggestions for other crafts and art forms. :3
@NovaLovesFrogs A contest would be interesting! It could be cool to throw a themed contest that allows all sorts of art types to enter. There are a lot of improvement challenges out there that just list a bunch of themes, maybe something based off of those would work?
@NovaLovesFrogs A contest would be interesting! It could be cool to throw a themed contest that allows all sorts of art types to enter. There are a lot of improvement challenges out there that just list a bunch of themes, maybe something based off of those would work?
dream%20dragon%20b_zpsc6usyp9o.png
@maplebit
Well, there's already a contest in place that covers pretty much every form of art except digital and photo manipulation for the reasons I've stated above and in the front page. If you haven't read through the front page, you might want to.

I'm not that great at drawing, myself. I can't do realistic or semi-realistic to save my life. I do abstract.

Other than challenging artists to draw things they aren't familiar with and adding themes or things that MUST be included in the images to verify that they were drawn specifically for this contest, I don't know what else to add, or how to make it so it helps them improve their skills.

But if we get enough artists in here I'm sure they'll be able to help me put together good art contests.
@maplebit
Well, there's already a contest in place that covers pretty much every form of art except digital and photo manipulation for the reasons I've stated above and in the front page. If you haven't read through the front page, you might want to.

I'm not that great at drawing, myself. I can't do realistic or semi-realistic to save my life. I do abstract.

Other than challenging artists to draw things they aren't familiar with and adding themes or things that MUST be included in the images to verify that they were drawn specifically for this contest, I don't know what else to add, or how to make it so it helps them improve their skills.

But if we get enough artists in here I'm sure they'll be able to help me put together good art contests.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201 202