Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Alchemylocke] Shattering Sun
1 2
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/2XFS24C.png[/img] [font=Century][size=2]an [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207254/1][u]Alchemylocke[/u][/url][/size] [i]Irons in the fire moving on Torn apart and tired of it all Oh, never the same Feel no glory, feel no pain[/i] ♦ ♦ ♦[/center] [font=Century][size=4]B[/size]EFORE YOU IS A TEMPLE— A tower stands amidst the sands of the Sunbeam Ruins, where the yellowed grass only bursts from the earth in sparse clusters. Here, the air is arid and stale. Water is scarce, though it can be found in plenty a few miles to the west where the Sea raises itself out of the horizon. But here, the temple is the only thing that pierces the sky, impossibly high and foreboding. It is made of sandstone and is pockmarked with black windows that seem to allow no light through, refusing to reveal the contents within. The Apostle of the Sun might call the temple a home, but to you, an outsider, it might closer be called a prison. For although the priests within swear devotion to that holy glowing ball of fire in the sky, there is scant few traces of light within… [size=4]R[/size]ULES— Following the rules set forth in the main thread, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207254/2]here[/url]. A death is a death. Each dragon starts with 1 life. The Alchemist requires materials collected via the coliseum. In this run, the King is instead the First Sun, the Alchemist is the Second Sun, and the Keeper is the Prophet. You are welcome to post in the thread.
2XFS24C.png
an Alchemylocke

Irons in the fire moving on
Torn apart and tired of it all
Oh, never the same
Feel no glory, feel no pain

♦ ♦ ♦

BEFORE YOU IS A TEMPLE—

A tower stands amidst the sands of the Sunbeam Ruins, where the yellowed grass only bursts from the earth in sparse clusters. Here, the air is arid and stale. Water is scarce, though it can be found in plenty a few miles to the west where the Sea raises itself out of the horizon. But here, the temple is the only thing that pierces the sky, impossibly high and foreboding. It is made of sandstone and is pockmarked with black windows that seem to allow no light through, refusing to reveal the contents within.

The Apostle of the Sun might call the temple a home, but to you, an outsider, it might closer be called a prison. For although the priests within swear devotion to that holy glowing ball of fire in the sky, there is scant few traces of light within…

RULES—

Following the rules set forth in the main thread, here. A death is a death. Each dragon starts with 1 life. The Alchemist requires materials collected via the coliseum.

In this run, the King is instead the First Sun, the Alchemist is the Second Sun, and the Keeper is the Prophet.

You are welcome to post in the thread.
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Be strong,
Saith my heart;
I am a soldier;
I have seen worse sights
Than this

♦ ♦ ♦

INDEX—
(000)
(001)(002)(003)(004)(005)(006)(007)(008)(009)(010)
Be strong,
Saith my heart;
I am a soldier;
I have seen worse sights
Than this

♦ ♦ ♦

INDEX—
(000)
(001)(002)(003)(004)(005)(006)(007)(008)(009)(010)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][i]Now the tide is rolling in I don't want to win Let it take me, let it take me I'll be on my way How long can I stay? In a place that can't contain me[/i] ♦ ♦ ♦[/center] [font=Century][size=4]T[/size]HE [size=4]A[/size]COLYTES— [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=80172952][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/801730/80172952.png[/img][/url][color=TRANSPARENT]A[/color][nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=81284651][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/812847/81284651.png[/img][/url] [font=Century][b]Minos[/b] [i]First Sun[/i] 1 life [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315/1#post_53340019]•[/url][/center][nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=83268959][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/832690/83268959.png[/img][/url] [font=Century][b]Mori[/b] [i]Second Sun[/i] 1 life [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315/1#post_53340019]•[/url][/center][nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=81575859][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/815759/81575859.png[/img][/url] [font=Century][b]Kiran[/b] [i]Prophet[/i] 1 life [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315/1#post_53331642]•[/url][/center][/columns] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=83613819][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/836139/83613819.png[/img][/url] [font=Century][b]Cain[/b] [i]Acolyte[/i] 1 life [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315/1#post_53340019]•[/url][/center] [center][font=Century]♦ ♦ ♦ [i]I find that heat is too harsh On the skin Drowning in light, Need the cold to sink in...[/i][/center]
Now the tide is rolling in
I don't want to win
Let it take me, let it take me
I'll be on my way
How long can I stay?
In a place that can't contain me

♦ ♦ ♦

THE ACOLYTES—

80172952.pngA
81284651.png
Minos
First Sun
1 life
83268959.png
Mori
Second Sun
1 life
81575859.png
Kiran
Prophet
1 life
83613819.png
Cain
Acolyte
1 life

♦ ♦ ♦

I find that heat is too harsh
On the skin
Drowning in light,
Need the cold to sink in...
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
A Letter

BlankThe world was made of sunlight and sand. Kiran was made of other things, but he was beginning to feel the sun and sand find its way beneath his scales regardless.
BlankPerhaps it made no sense for an Ice dragon to find their way into the Sunbeam Ruins, when everything that made Kiran Kiran seemed to beg to be anywhere else but there. Especially not in the Sand Wastes that so many dragons chose to avoid for fear of being crisped by the sun into nothing more than a charred mass. But there was a letter (the seal broken, the handwriting neat, the words damning) stuck in a satchel at his side that made it impossible for him to be anywhere else.
BlankKiran was not devout in any way except for in a straightforward sense. The Icewarden was his lord, and there was little else to it. He understood that many dragons chose to find religion to make sense of their strange world, make sense of their existence, but Kiran found little merit in doing so himself. What did it matter where the sand came from? Knowing wouldn’t stop the forsaken thing from causing his scales to itch. Knowing wouldn’t make it any less bothersome to be trudging through the dunes of the Sand Wastes to some ridiculous tower in an absurd location.
BlankBut what did that make him, then, for heading there anyway?
BlankIt was hours before the temple revealed itself, and it started with the tower. The roof of the piercing spire crept out over the rise of a dune, and as Kiran trudged through the sand, the rest of the building unveiled itself after.
BlankIt was far from impressive, not at first glance. The sandstone was washed featureless from time and the grit of the sand in the wind, and there was little to distinguish it from any other generic building. (Except for the fact that it was the only building in the vicinity, generic or otherwise.) However, the real value of the temple was not its appearance.
BlankIt was what Kiran would find within.
BlankDespite the heat, a chill found its way along Kiran’s scales. He’d traveled so far, gave up so much…but for a moment, he hesitated. And then he went inside.

A Letter

BlankThe world was made of sunlight and sand. Kiran was made of other things, but he was beginning to feel the sun and sand find its way beneath his scales regardless.
BlankPerhaps it made no sense for an Ice dragon to find their way into the Sunbeam Ruins, when everything that made Kiran Kiran seemed to beg to be anywhere else but there. Especially not in the Sand Wastes that so many dragons chose to avoid for fear of being crisped by the sun into nothing more than a charred mass. But there was a letter (the seal broken, the handwriting neat, the words damning) stuck in a satchel at his side that made it impossible for him to be anywhere else.
BlankKiran was not devout in any way except for in a straightforward sense. The Icewarden was his lord, and there was little else to it. He understood that many dragons chose to find religion to make sense of their strange world, make sense of their existence, but Kiran found little merit in doing so himself. What did it matter where the sand came from? Knowing wouldn’t stop the forsaken thing from causing his scales to itch. Knowing wouldn’t make it any less bothersome to be trudging through the dunes of the Sand Wastes to some ridiculous tower in an absurd location.
BlankBut what did that make him, then, for heading there anyway?
BlankIt was hours before the temple revealed itself, and it started with the tower. The roof of the piercing spire crept out over the rise of a dune, and as Kiran trudged through the sand, the rest of the building unveiled itself after.
BlankIt was far from impressive, not at first glance. The sandstone was washed featureless from time and the grit of the sand in the wind, and there was little to distinguish it from any other generic building. (Except for the fact that it was the only building in the vicinity, generic or otherwise.) However, the real value of the temple was not its appearance.
BlankIt was what Kiran would find within.
BlankDespite the heat, a chill found its way along Kiran’s scales. He’d traveled so far, gave up so much…but for a moment, he hesitated. And then he went inside.

Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][size=2]001[/size] [size=4]The Pool and the Sun It Holds[/size][/center] [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]The First Sun Minos was weary. The empty halls of the temple were draining, because the lack of bodies meant more work for her and Mori. And what was she to do with Mori at all, who refused to leave their room for fear of receiving the Sun’s wrath? Of the Apostle’s demand for faster work, more progress, unending growth? [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Minos fretted about the temple, rushing to keep things moving. It was difficult gathering resources in such a place as the Sand Wastes. Their options were limited, and the Apostle would not leave their tower to aid them. They would not leave the height that brought them closer to the Sun. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Selling Mori’s potions offered little wealth, but it was valuable treasure regardless. Minos had only just returned from one such trip to the nearest town, pocket jingling with coin, when she heard – no, [i]felt[/i] another body enter her halls. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Mori must have felt it too, for they finally came creeping out of their dark cave, vivid blue eyes meeting Minos’ in the gloom of the hall. [i]A stranger in the temple.[/i] [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]They would see who entered the halls. [i]I use my free brew to brew a trinket item and receive yellow sludge, allowing me to earn 30kt in the Fairgrounds. While that had been brewing, I threw my three starters into the coliseum until they hit level 2.[/i] [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The great Apostle had spoken, once, of a Prophet who would guide their hand. It was why they were holed up in a miserable spot of the desert to begin with. The Apostle spoke of one with eyes pale enough to peer through the strands of the universe itself, who could look into the sun and be deemed worthy enough not to feel its burn. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The coatl was not what Mori had pictured ages past when they’d first heard the Apostle whisper this to Minos. He was inglorious, with dull feathers and eyes that were pale, yes, but only for being born of Ice. Hardly the expected favoured child of Sunlight. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“You enter our home unannounced,” Minos had said, raising herself to her full height. Mori enjoyed Minos liked this, when she bellied the importance of her role. It wasn’t often she was given the opportunity to. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Apologies, friend.” The coatl flicked his gaze between them both, unsure who to focus on. Minos demanded the attention of the room, but Mori’s gaze had been called “uncomfortable” on more than one occasion. They did not fault the coatl for fidgeting beneath it. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The coatl reached for his bag, and Minos narrowed her eyes at the movement. He stilled, made a reassuring gesture, and moved slower. “My name is Kiran,” he began, “and I received a letter. It had details of how to get here.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“And why would it do that?” Mori asked, voice quiet. Curious. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“It was not signed.” Kiran drew out the paper, folded neatly. When Minos extended her hand, he offered it to her. “But the writer had mentioned this place, this temple. And I-” He cut himself off, his face unreadable. He seemed reluctant to continue. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Minos was flicking her gaze over the text, so it was Mori who asked, “You what?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Almost nervous, Kiran met their gaze. “I dreamed of this place.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]If either dragon doubted his story, neither let on. The skydancer, upon reading the brief letter, guided them both through the winding halls of the temple. Kiran was impressed, for the building had been of average size on the inside, but it became apparent that the halls hid themselves beneath the sand. It was cooler the further they went, once they were away from the main halls. Kiran felt relief in this. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The skydancer walked with urgency, brow furrowed with the weight of her thoughts. Kiran wasn’t sure what to anticipate out of this, and frankly he was beginning to regret coming. But he couldn’t shake the memory of that first urgent feeling he’d gotten receiving the letter, reading words that described a place he’d seen in his dreams. It demanded to be seen. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The room they arrived in was large, which meant they had descended a great deal farther than Kiran had noticed. A mural of glass lit the room from within in a clear display of Light magic. The stained glass depicted the sun in all its shining glory, high above the earth at its zenith, casting blinding rays of light upon the world below. Kiran lowered his gaze, noted the depiction of shadowy tendrils that licked at the bottom of the mural, the glass stained black as pitch. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]In the center of the room was a pool of water no bigger than the skydancer who stopped before it. The water was still as glass, and from the point of entry into the room, it held the mirrored reflection of the sun perfectly within itself. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Touch the water,” the skydancer said. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Kiran hesitated, unnerved by the request. It seemed mundane enough, but would they skydancer have asked if that was truly the case. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Impatient, she flicked her tail at him. “You saw this place in your dreams?” she asked. At his nod, she lifted her chin. “Then you will do well to do as I say.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Glancing at the imperial who stood silently beside him (they offered nothing to the conversation, merely watched him with intent eyes), Kiran began to walk forward. He stopped a few inches from the pool, the water now reflecting his own face back at him. White eyes, silver scales, and his wings an ivory halo behind him. After only a moments more pause, he lowered his nose to the water and touched it gently. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Nothing happened. At first, Kiran felt ridiculous. But then it occurred to him. [i]Nothing[/i] happened. Not even a ripple. Brow creased, he opened his mouth to ask a question, but before he could even lift his head the water shattered like glass. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]It fractured at the point of contact, splintering into spiderweb shards. Kiran leapt back as it did, feathers rising in fear. But no sound was made. Nothing moved beyond that. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“What is this?” he hissed, turning harsh eyes on the skydancer. But she was not looking at him. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Staring at the pool of water, eyes wide, the skydancer replied with reserved awe. “A portal,” she whispered. [i]I brewed a hardy antler I had received in the coliseum, specifically aiming for green ooze to buy battle stones to replace the mage abilities Minos and Kiran had. I got yellow ooze instead, and leveled the team to 3 while I waited. I brewed another antler, got orange ooze, and bought a familiar for Kiran.[/i] [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“I don’t understand.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Minos wanted to roll her eyes. “Of course you don’t, you have only just arrived.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The trio was once again rushing through the halls, and Minos spared only a small drop of pity for not giving the coatl more time to process things. But the fact that he had turned the pool into a portal was not an insignificant thing, and the cogs were in motion. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]At the junction of halls were Mori’s room went one way and Minos’ library went another, the imperial wordlessly split off. Kiran seemed to hesitate, unsure if they were supposed to stay together, but when Minos raced on he followed in her wake. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“What was that place?” Kiran asked, trotting to catch back up. “Why did the water react like that?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Minos didn’t answer immediately, but she slowed her pace as she considered and chose her words carefully. “It reacted to you.” She ruffled her feathers, flicked one wing at him. “That pool has not changed in years, but it reacted to you. This is why the Apostle wrote you that letter.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The coatl drew to a halt, face screwed up in confusion. “The who?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Impatient, Minos stopped her brisk pace and whirled around. “I will answer your questions, but really, you [i]must[/i] keep u-” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The rocks burst into motion, a huff of surprised leaving Kiran’s mouth. The fossil hunter that burrowed out of the sand did so with much more extravagance than was probably needed. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Gods,” Kiran cursed, causing Minos to wince. He backed himself into the wall of the hallway, eyeing the not-maren with a mixed look of panic and defensiveness. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“It is only a fossil hunter,” Minos dismissed, using her tail to fan away the dust. She turned to the creature, eyes narrowed. “What news?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]The not-maren handed Minos a hastily scrawled note in Mori’s hand. By the Sun, they’d only just left the Alchemist. While Minos took the note and read it, the fossil hunter took to staring rather openly at Kiran. Who, admittedly, stared rather openly back. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Oh, blast,” Minos said, irritation in her voice. “Your portal has already spat something out.’ [i]I brewed carpenter wax and tiny feathers, getting yellow ooze both times and bought nothing. Then I brewed another hardy antler and got red ooze! How fortunate. Scry had me choose between vipera, a caramel tert, and the Fire flight, so I chose to nix vipera and purchased Cain.[/i] [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Mori met them halfway to the portal room. The portal-born was behind them, looking drenched and miserable. It was another skydancer, but his were eyes of orange flame with red scales as bright as a new wound to match. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Did it reseal itself?” Minos asked Mori, eyeing the stranger. At their nod, she sighed. “I did not think it would happen like this so soon.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“He is stronger than we had perhaps thought.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Mori spoke softly, but Kiran shifted uncomfortably nevertheless. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“What is your name, friend?” Minos asked the red skydancer. [color=transparent]Blank[/color]He blinked back at her, seeming to think for a moment. “Cain,” he drawled, voice rough. As if he’d been screaming. “Where am I?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“The Temple of Lypmos. Were you lost long?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]Again, the skydancer seemed to take time to think. “Yes,” he finally replied. “I do not remember it.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Okay,” Kiran finally blurted out, turning to face Minos. “What in the deities name is going on? Who is this? What happened to him?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“In time,” Minos soothed. “For now, we must get our friend Cain warm. He has traveled far, and is no doubt weary.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“[i]I[/i] have traveled far and am weary,” Kiran grumbled back, but stepped aside when Minos led Cain past. “Where are we going now? Running back and forth from there to here again?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“We will resume the walk to my library.” Minos flicked her chin at Mori, who began to shepherd Kiran with the group. “It is where you will receive your answers, and answers for our friend here, too.” At Kiran’s unmoved face, she seemed to steam with annoyance. “Your other option is to find your way through our halls alone. Do you remember the way?” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“…no.” [color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Then walk.” [i]FINALLY I brew a green ooze. Unbelievable how long it took. I bought scratch for Minos and called it a day! But hoo boy this is more writing than I had anticipated. It will probably never happen again.[/i] [center][item=Yellow Sludge][item=Yellow Ooze][item=Orange Ooze][item=Yellow Ooze] [item=Yellow Ooze][item=Red Ooze][item=Green Ooze] [font=Century][size=1]([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315#post_53324287]Back to index[/url])[/center]
The Pool and the Sun It Holds

BlankThe First Sun Minos was weary. The empty halls of the temple were draining, because the lack of bodies meant more work for her and Mori. And what was she to do with Mori at all, who refused to leave their room for fear of receiving the Sun’s wrath? Of the Apostle’s demand for faster work, more progress, unending growth?
BlankMinos fretted about the temple, rushing to keep things moving. It was difficult gathering resources in such a place as the Sand Wastes. Their options were limited, and the Apostle would not leave their tower to aid them. They would not leave the height that brought them closer to the Sun.
BlankSelling Mori’s potions offered little wealth, but it was valuable treasure regardless. Minos had only just returned from one such trip to the nearest town, pocket jingling with coin, when she heard – no, felt another body enter her halls.
BlankMori must have felt it too, for they finally came creeping out of their dark cave, vivid blue eyes meeting Minos’ in the gloom of the hall. A stranger in the temple.
BlankThey would see who entered the halls.

I use my free brew to brew a trinket item and receive yellow sludge, allowing me to earn 30kt in the Fairgrounds. While that had been brewing, I threw my three starters into the coliseum until they hit level 2.

BlankThe great Apostle had spoken, once, of a Prophet who would guide their hand. It was why they were holed up in a miserable spot of the desert to begin with. The Apostle spoke of one with eyes pale enough to peer through the strands of the universe itself, who could look into the sun and be deemed worthy enough not to feel its burn.
BlankThe coatl was not what Mori had pictured ages past when they’d first heard the Apostle whisper this to Minos. He was inglorious, with dull feathers and eyes that were pale, yes, but only for being born of Ice. Hardly the expected favoured child of Sunlight.
Blank“You enter our home unannounced,” Minos had said, raising herself to her full height. Mori enjoyed Minos liked this, when she bellied the importance of her role. It wasn’t often she was given the opportunity to.
Blank“Apologies, friend.” The coatl flicked his gaze between them both, unsure who to focus on. Minos demanded the attention of the room, but Mori’s gaze had been called “uncomfortable” on more than one occasion. They did not fault the coatl for fidgeting beneath it.
BlankThe coatl reached for his bag, and Minos narrowed her eyes at the movement. He stilled, made a reassuring gesture, and moved slower. “My name is Kiran,” he began, “and I received a letter. It had details of how to get here.”
Blank“And why would it do that?” Mori asked, voice quiet. Curious.
Blank“It was not signed.” Kiran drew out the paper, folded neatly. When Minos extended her hand, he offered it to her. “But the writer had mentioned this place, this temple. And I-” He cut himself off, his face unreadable. He seemed reluctant to continue.
BlankMinos was flicking her gaze over the text, so it was Mori who asked, “You what?”
BlankAlmost nervous, Kiran met their gaze. “I dreamed of this place.”

BlankIf either dragon doubted his story, neither let on. The skydancer, upon reading the brief letter, guided them both through the winding halls of the temple. Kiran was impressed, for the building had been of average size on the inside, but it became apparent that the halls hid themselves beneath the sand. It was cooler the further they went, once they were away from the main halls. Kiran felt relief in this.
BlankThe skydancer walked with urgency, brow furrowed with the weight of her thoughts. Kiran wasn’t sure what to anticipate out of this, and frankly he was beginning to regret coming. But he couldn’t shake the memory of that first urgent feeling he’d gotten receiving the letter, reading words that described a place he’d seen in his dreams. It demanded to be seen.
BlankThe room they arrived in was large, which meant they had descended a great deal farther than Kiran had noticed. A mural of glass lit the room from within in a clear display of Light magic. The stained glass depicted the sun in all its shining glory, high above the earth at its zenith, casting blinding rays of light upon the world below. Kiran lowered his gaze, noted the depiction of shadowy tendrils that licked at the bottom of the mural, the glass stained black as pitch.
BlankIn the center of the room was a pool of water no bigger than the skydancer who stopped before it. The water was still as glass, and from the point of entry into the room, it held the mirrored reflection of the sun perfectly within itself.
Blank“Touch the water,” the skydancer said.
BlankKiran hesitated, unnerved by the request. It seemed mundane enough, but would they skydancer have asked if that was truly the case.
BlankImpatient, she flicked her tail at him. “You saw this place in your dreams?” she asked. At his nod, she lifted her chin. “Then you will do well to do as I say.”
BlankGlancing at the imperial who stood silently beside him (they offered nothing to the conversation, merely watched him with intent eyes), Kiran began to walk forward. He stopped a few inches from the pool, the water now reflecting his own face back at him. White eyes, silver scales, and his wings an ivory halo behind him. After only a moments more pause, he lowered his nose to the water and touched it gently.
BlankNothing happened. At first, Kiran felt ridiculous. But then it occurred to him. Nothing happened. Not even a ripple. Brow creased, he opened his mouth to ask a question, but before he could even lift his head the water shattered like glass.
BlankIt fractured at the point of contact, splintering into spiderweb shards. Kiran leapt back as it did, feathers rising in fear. But no sound was made. Nothing moved beyond that.
Blank“What is this?” he hissed, turning harsh eyes on the skydancer. But she was not looking at him.
BlankStaring at the pool of water, eyes wide, the skydancer replied with reserved awe. “A portal,” she whispered.

I brewed a hardy antler I had received in the coliseum, specifically aiming for green ooze to buy battle stones to replace the mage abilities Minos and Kiran had. I got yellow ooze instead, and leveled the team to 3 while I waited. I brewed another antler, got orange ooze, and bought a familiar for Kiran.

Blank“I don’t understand.”
BlankMinos wanted to roll her eyes. “Of course you don’t, you have only just arrived.”
BlankThe trio was once again rushing through the halls, and Minos spared only a small drop of pity for not giving the coatl more time to process things. But the fact that he had turned the pool into a portal was not an insignificant thing, and the cogs were in motion.
BlankAt the junction of halls were Mori’s room went one way and Minos’ library went another, the imperial wordlessly split off. Kiran seemed to hesitate, unsure if they were supposed to stay together, but when Minos raced on he followed in her wake.
Blank“What was that place?” Kiran asked, trotting to catch back up. “Why did the water react like that?”
BlankMinos didn’t answer immediately, but she slowed her pace as she considered and chose her words carefully. “It reacted to you.” She ruffled her feathers, flicked one wing at him. “That pool has not changed in years, but it reacted to you. This is why the Apostle wrote you that letter.”
BlankThe coatl drew to a halt, face screwed up in confusion. “The who?”
BlankImpatient, Minos stopped her brisk pace and whirled around. “I will answer your questions, but really, you must keep u-”
BlankThe rocks burst into motion, a huff of surprised leaving Kiran’s mouth. The fossil hunter that burrowed out of the sand did so with much more extravagance than was probably needed.
Blank“Gods,” Kiran cursed, causing Minos to wince. He backed himself into the wall of the hallway, eyeing the not-maren with a mixed look of panic and defensiveness.
Blank“It is only a fossil hunter,” Minos dismissed, using her tail to fan away the dust. She turned to the creature, eyes narrowed. “What news?”
BlankThe not-maren handed Minos a hastily scrawled note in Mori’s hand. By the Sun, they’d only just left the Alchemist. While Minos took the note and read it, the fossil hunter took to staring rather openly at Kiran. Who, admittedly, stared rather openly back.
Blank“Oh, blast,” Minos said, irritation in her voice. “Your portal has already spat something out.’

I brewed carpenter wax and tiny feathers, getting yellow ooze both times and bought nothing. Then I brewed another hardy antler and got red ooze! How fortunate. Scry had me choose between vipera, a caramel tert, and the Fire flight, so I chose to nix vipera and purchased Cain.

BlankMori met them halfway to the portal room. The portal-born was behind them, looking drenched and miserable. It was another skydancer, but his were eyes of orange flame with red scales as bright as a new wound to match.
Blank“Did it reseal itself?” Minos asked Mori, eyeing the stranger. At their nod, she sighed. “I did not think it would happen like this so soon.”
Blank“He is stronger than we had perhaps thought.”
BlankMori spoke softly, but Kiran shifted uncomfortably nevertheless.
Blank“What is your name, friend?” Minos asked the red skydancer.
BlankHe blinked back at her, seeming to think for a moment. “Cain,” he drawled, voice rough. As if he’d been screaming. “Where am I?”
Blank“The Temple of Lypmos. Were you lost long?”
BlankAgain, the skydancer seemed to take time to think. “Yes,” he finally replied. “I do not remember it.”
Blank“Okay,” Kiran finally blurted out, turning to face Minos. “What in the deities name is going on? Who is this? What happened to him?”
Blank“In time,” Minos soothed. “For now, we must get our friend Cain warm. He has traveled far, and is no doubt weary.”
BlankI have traveled far and am weary,” Kiran grumbled back, but stepped aside when Minos led Cain past. “Where are we going now? Running back and forth from there to here again?”
Blank“We will resume the walk to my library.” Minos flicked her chin at Mori, who began to shepherd Kiran with the group. “It is where you will receive your answers, and answers for our friend here, too.” At Kiran’s unmoved face, she seemed to steam with annoyance. “Your other option is to find your way through our halls alone. Do you remember the way?”
Blank“…no.”
Blank“Then walk.”

FINALLY I brew a green ooze. Unbelievable how long it took. I bought scratch for Minos and called it a day! But hoo boy this is more writing than I had anticipated. It will probably never happen again.

Yellow Sludge Yellow Ooze Orange Ooze Yellow Ooze
Yellow Ooze Red Ooze Green Ooze

(Back to index)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][size=2]001.5[/size] [size=4]Just Brewing[/size][/center] [font=Century][i]I spend some time brewing and got two more green ooze, so I bought a scratch for Kiran and a shred for Minos. Just one more green ooze and they’ll have their starter battle stones all set! Brewed a stuffed pincushion for a green sludge to get some more funds—going to need to start saving up some serious coin for future battle stuff if the goal is useful level 25s. Then got a green goo and did some insect gathering. Leveled the team to 4 and called it a day.[/i] [center][item=Green Ooze][item=Green Ooze][item=Green Sludge][item=Green Goo] [font=Century][size=1]([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315#post_53324287]Back to index[/url])[/center]
Just Brewing

I spend some time brewing and got two more green ooze, so I bought a scratch for Kiran and a shred for Minos. Just one more green ooze and they’ll have their starter battle stones all set! Brewed a stuffed pincushion for a green sludge to get some more funds—going to need to start saving up some serious coin for future battle stuff if the goal is useful level 25s. Then got a green goo and did some insect gathering.

Leveled the team to 4 and called it a day.

Green Ooze Green Ooze Green Sludge Green Goo

(Back to index)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][size=2]002[/size] [size=4]Cain's Truth[/size][/center] [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]It seemed Cain's journey had indeed been long and weary, and Kiran was cowed by it. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]It was strange, for the ruby red skydancer did not seem to behave any stranger than normal—or whatever was construed as normal in the damned temple—and he didn't seem too bothered by his situation. This, however, did not change the fact that he came from another world. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]"Not another world," Minos has explained when Kiran said as such. They were in her library, shelves of old books towering over them. "Another realm. Perhaps it was nearly identical to ours, perhaps it was different in ways we could never understand. But it was, regardless, some sort of mirror to our own." [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]"How can we know, then? If it is truly a mirror, who's to say he wasn't just plucked from the Ashfall Waste and made to believe he was somewhere utterly alien?" Kiran eyed the Fire-eyed skydancer, who stared mutely back. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]"This is the nature of the portal." Minos stepped away from them both, feathering her claws across the spines of the books on the shelves nearby. Searching for something. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Kiran flicked his tail with barely restrained anxiety. "And does my dream have anything to do with this? Do I?" [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Although Minos wasn't facing them, Kiran could see the corner of a wolfish smile. "Yes," she answered plainly. [i]Got two green ooze and bought the cheapest material for that never-ending material transmutation grind. Then I got yellow ooze, which I used to buy a very lovely hat for Minos.[/i] [center][item=Green Ooze][item=Green Ooze][item=Yellow Ooze] [font=Century][size=1]([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315#post_53324287]Back to index[/url])[/center]
Cain's Truth

BlankIt seemed Cain's journey had indeed been long and weary, and Kiran was cowed by it.
BlankIt was strange, for the ruby red skydancer did not seem to behave any stranger than normal—or whatever was construed as normal in the damned temple—and he didn't seem too bothered by his situation. This, however, did not change the fact that he came from another world.
Blank"Not another world," Minos has explained when Kiran said as such. They were in her library, shelves of old books towering over them. "Another realm. Perhaps it was nearly identical to ours, perhaps it was different in ways we could never understand. But it was, regardless, some sort of mirror to our own."
Blank"How can we know, then? If it is truly a mirror, who's to say he wasn't just plucked from the Ashfall Waste and made to believe he was somewhere utterly alien?" Kiran eyed the Fire-eyed skydancer, who stared mutely back.
Blank"This is the nature of the portal." Minos stepped away from them both, feathering her claws across the spines of the books on the shelves nearby. Searching for something.
BlankKiran flicked his tail with barely restrained anxiety. "And does my dream have anything to do with this? Do I?"
BlankAlthough Minos wasn't facing them, Kiran could see the corner of a wolfish smile. "Yes," she answered plainly.

Got two green ooze and bought the cheapest material for that never-ending material transmutation grind. Then I got yellow ooze, which I used to buy a very lovely hat for Minos.

Green Ooze Green Ooze Yellow Ooze

(Back to index)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][size=2]002[/size] [size=1]PT[/size][size=2]2[/size] [size=4]Just Brewing[/size][/center] [font=Century][i]Two yellow oozes and a green ooze, so I've got a nice little orca friend for Mori and a flowerfall for Kiran. Don't they just look charming! I used the green ooze to buy a shred for Kiran. Leveled the gang to 5—really need some battle stones now. lol[/i] [center][item=Yellow Ooze][item=Yellow Ooze][item=Green Ooze] [font=Century][size=1]([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315#post_53324287]Back to index[/url])[/center]
002 PT2
Just Brewing

Two yellow oozes and a green ooze, so I've got a nice little orca friend for Mori and a flowerfall for Kiran. Don't they just look charming! I used the green ooze to buy a shred for Kiran. Leveled the gang to 5—really need some battle stones now. lol

Yellow Ooze Yellow Ooze Green Ooze

(Back to index)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][size=2]002[/size] [size=1]PT[/size][size=2]3[/size] [size=4]Just Brewing[/size][/center] [font=Century][i]Got two stones, one for Minos and one for Mori. Didn't do anything with the purple ooze, and then did some treasure grinding with some lovely green sludge! Been hectic, so not much opportunity for lore writing. Hopefully can get an update on the next chapter out soon.[/i] [center][item=Green Ooze][item=Green Ooze][item=Purple Ooze][item=Green Sludge][item=Green Sludge] [font=Century][size=1]([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315#post_53324287]Back to index[/url])[/center]
002 PT3
Just Brewing

Got two stones, one for Minos and one for Mori. Didn't do anything with the purple ooze, and then did some treasure grinding with some lovely green sludge!

Been hectic, so not much opportunity for lore writing. Hopefully can get an update on the next chapter out soon.

Green Ooze Green Ooze Purple Ooze Green Sludge Green Sludge

(Back to index)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
[center][font=Century][size=2]003[/size] [size=4]Prophet, Portal[/size][/center] [font=Century][i]First brew was blue sludge, which was a nice treat since I intended to brew trinkets until I was able to get all 75kt anyway. lol Proceeded to brew oozes upon oozes until I got enough greens for the whole gang—tinctures all around! Now their stats are normal and not all generically wonky. Did some food brews, wanted to get purple/blue but only got drops for food.[/i] [color=transparent]Blank[/color]With a book splayed out before her, Minos explained it as such. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Like calls to like, and Kiran had put out a call when he’d activated the portal. That call was answered, albeit unwillingly, by Cain. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Although this temple is a far cry better than where I was.” Cain swept his tail across the floor, a scowl on his face. “I can’t remember it distinctly, but…the feeling lingers. Of being lost.” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“And so, what? Your spirit felt a door open and slipped through?” Kiran tried to make sense of it. “And I was the one who opened it?” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Yes,” Minos nodded. “It is your will. When you were sent the vision to come here, it was because you are infused with the kernel of magic required to open portals.” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“To what purpose?” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Minos shook her head. “This I don’t know. I understand it is the will of the divines, but I do not know to what end.” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Cain glanced between them. “In that regard, you do not know then why I was removed from my home?” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“Unfortunately not.” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]The disappointment was evident on Cain’s face. The red glint in his eyes seemed to flash with some inner fire, fitting for his flight. “Can it be discovered, at least? Or is this just it forever, then? The handful of us sitting here in the middle of the desert.” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“This is the Temple of the Sun,” Minos replied dryly, “not some hovel. If you’re happier with it, we can put you outside.” Without waiting for a response, she continued. “There is little known about the purpose of the Prophet”—here she looked at Kiran—“but what we do understand is that the door goes both ways.” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]Kiran glanced at Cain. “So…we can send him back?” [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“In theory, but presumably it would be extraordinarily difficult to do so.” Here she tapped the pages of the book with one black claw. “Yes, through Kiran’s assistance we can send dragons out, but there are two problems with returning Cain home. The first is that without knowing where you are from [i]exactly[/i], there is no way to send you there with certainty. It could be similar to your home, but not perfect, and the result of sending you to the wrong realm…” Minos trailed off, seemingly unwilling to say. [font=Century][color=transparent]Blank[/color]“The second reason is you, Kiran. You are simply too new to the concept of this to be able to fine pick an exact location just yet. Your portals are going to be random shots out into the aether for the time being, and it will be hard enough to find the same location twice for you as it is.” Minos turned the book to face the two of them. “This is only a theoretical tome regarding the Prophet. It was all speculation, and as such is difficult to pin down as fact versus fantasy, but now… Well, I suppose we can only learn.” [center][item=Blue Sludge][item=Green Ooze][item=Purple Ooze][item=Green Ooze] [item=Green ooze][item=Green Goo][item=Yellow Goo] [font=Century][size=1]([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3207315#post_53324287]Back to index[/url])[/center]
Prophet, Portal

First brew was blue sludge, which was a nice treat since I intended to brew trinkets until I was able to get all 75kt anyway. lol Proceeded to brew oozes upon oozes until I got enough greens for the whole gang—tinctures all around! Now their stats are normal and not all generically wonky. Did some food brews, wanted to get purple/blue but only got drops for food.

BlankWith a book splayed out before her, Minos explained it as such.
BlankLike calls to like, and Kiran had put out a call when he’d activated the portal. That call was answered, albeit unwillingly, by Cain.
Blank“Although this temple is a far cry better than where I was.” Cain swept his tail across the floor, a scowl on his face. “I can’t remember it distinctly, but…the feeling lingers. Of being lost.”
Blank“And so, what? Your spirit felt a door open and slipped through?” Kiran tried to make sense of it. “And I was the one who opened it?”
Blank“Yes,” Minos nodded. “It is your will. When you were sent the vision to come here, it was because you are infused with the kernel of magic required to open portals.”
Blank“To what purpose?”
BlankMinos shook her head. “This I don’t know. I understand it is the will of the divines, but I do not know to what end.”
BlankCain glanced between them. “In that regard, you do not know then why I was removed from my home?”
Blank“Unfortunately not.”
BlankThe disappointment was evident on Cain’s face. The red glint in his eyes seemed to flash with some inner fire, fitting for his flight. “Can it be discovered, at least? Or is this just it forever, then? The handful of us sitting here in the middle of the desert.”
Blank“This is the Temple of the Sun,” Minos replied dryly, “not some hovel. If you’re happier with it, we can put you outside.” Without waiting for a response, she continued. “There is little known about the purpose of the Prophet”—here she looked at Kiran—“but what we do understand is that the door goes both ways.”
BlankKiran glanced at Cain. “So…we can send him back?”
Blank“In theory, but presumably it would be extraordinarily difficult to do so.” Here she tapped the pages of the book with one black claw. “Yes, through Kiran’s assistance we can send dragons out, but there are two problems with returning Cain home. The first is that without knowing where you are from exactly, there is no way to send you there with certainty. It could be similar to your home, but not perfect, and the result of sending you to the wrong realm…” Minos trailed off, seemingly unwilling to say.
Blank“The second reason is you, Kiran. You are simply too new to the concept of this to be able to fine pick an exact location just yet. Your portals are going to be random shots out into the aether for the time being, and it will be hard enough to find the same location twice for you as it is.” Minos turned the book to face the two of them. “This is only a theoretical tome regarding the Prophet. It was all speculation, and as such is difficult to pin down as fact versus fantasy, but now… Well, I suppose we can only learn.”

Blue Sludge Green Ooze Purple Ooze Green Ooze
Green Ooze Green Goo Yellow Goo

(Back to index)
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist