Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GALA CLOSED] Sornieth Winter Games '23
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31
@JinxMoonstone I'd love to be added to all the pinglists for this (including future years and winner announcements <3). I'm already glad my brain allowed me to absorb the instructions this year in time to feel ready for go time :D

One side question: In the rules it says no using magic to cheat and such, but notes creativity can be involved (which I took to mean you can only RP magic if you're using it creatively and not to RP cheating). However, in the announcer's RP post it seems to say that all magic is disallowed and you will be disqualified for it? So because I'm a super literal person, I'd love some clarification when you have time on the following question regarding those two notes:

I definitely get no RPing magic to do anything that feels like cheating (Like giving yourself a magical speed buff or using magic to interfere with your opponents), but is it no magic at all or you'll be disqualified? Like if one of my characters used illusion magics to create sparkles and sound effects or something during their own ice skating show, is that allowed? Or like you make a particularly good jump down the ski slope and do a little magical firework of victory to show off (that doesn't provide you some kind of advantage)?

I suppose weaving magical displays into your figureskating might count as something you can't do since it's bound to add extra flair to an aesthetic competition, but at the same time you could do all the astounding magical lightshows in existence - if you fail to actually pull off the ice skating tricks (without magic, of course), you're not gonna win the figure skating anyway.

Thank you for your patience regarding me verbose desire for clarification on how much creativity is allowed with magic, if any, when it is not being used to cheat/for creative aesthetic purposes.

Edit to add: I don't mean any of this as an argument for allowing magic if all magic is disallowed, just trying to explain where I'm confused if it is the case that some magic is in fact allowed so long as it's not cheating.
@JinxMoonstone I'd love to be added to all the pinglists for this (including future years and winner announcements <3). I'm already glad my brain allowed me to absorb the instructions this year in time to feel ready for go time :D

One side question: In the rules it says no using magic to cheat and such, but notes creativity can be involved (which I took to mean you can only RP magic if you're using it creatively and not to RP cheating). However, in the announcer's RP post it seems to say that all magic is disallowed and you will be disqualified for it? So because I'm a super literal person, I'd love some clarification when you have time on the following question regarding those two notes:

I definitely get no RPing magic to do anything that feels like cheating (Like giving yourself a magical speed buff or using magic to interfere with your opponents), but is it no magic at all or you'll be disqualified? Like if one of my characters used illusion magics to create sparkles and sound effects or something during their own ice skating show, is that allowed? Or like you make a particularly good jump down the ski slope and do a little magical firework of victory to show off (that doesn't provide you some kind of advantage)?

I suppose weaving magical displays into your figureskating might count as something you can't do since it's bound to add extra flair to an aesthetic competition, but at the same time you could do all the astounding magical lightshows in existence - if you fail to actually pull off the ice skating tricks (without magic, of course), you're not gonna win the figure skating anyway.

Thank you for your patience regarding me verbose desire for clarification on how much creativity is allowed with magic, if any, when it is not being used to cheat/for creative aesthetic purposes.

Edit to add: I don't mean any of this as an argument for allowing magic if all magic is disallowed, just trying to explain where I'm confused if it is the case that some magic is in fact allowed so long as it's not cheating.
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
@JinxMoonstone Could I please be added to all ping lists? c:
@JinxMoonstone Could I please be added to all ping lists? c:
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
@JinxMoonstone
Hiya! I'd like to be added to all the pinglists! :D
@JinxMoonstone
Hiya! I'd like to be added to all the pinglists! :D
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@Saronai

Hello! To answer your question, I'd think of it this way: would the magic affect the outcome of the event? If so, it's outlawed.

The announcers are talking directly to the athletes, so they are being told they can't use magic during the competition. Since we're not open yet and I'm still editing bits and pieces, I've added the wording "to gain a competitive advantage" to clarify.

@Saronai

Hello! To answer your question, I'd think of it this way: would the magic affect the outcome of the event? If so, it's outlawed.

The announcers are talking directly to the athletes, so they are being told they can't use magic during the competition. Since we're not open yet and I'm still editing bits and pieces, I've added the wording "to gain a competitive advantage" to clarify.

OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@JinxMoonstone

I'd like to be on the opening and daily pinglist !
@JinxMoonstone

I'd like to be on the opening and daily pinglist !
4f84783726df68aa829be00b8642d465d8caaa83.png x8bDWFu.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
@JinxMoonstone Add me to the opening and daily pinglist, please! :)
@JinxMoonstone Add me to the opening and daily pinglist, please! :)
Kunikuzushi
@JinxMoonstone I’d like to be added to all ping lists please!
@JinxMoonstone I’d like to be added to all ping lists please!
CPt6K.gif
YMPbu9R.png
ca4nyRv.pngpZJYyk4.png6mVFIuV.png
gziv3Ja.pngtLCn0d0.pngEE2umbT.png
@JinxMoonstone
Please add me to the daily ping :3

Also this is my first time participating in any role play thingy, do we make a whole separate post, link it here so that you can go read it? Where do we post it? Sorry I know you're busy!

I figured it out! No I didn't I confused myself again I'll wait until other's post lol
@JinxMoonstone
Please add me to the daily ping :3

Also this is my first time participating in any role play thingy, do we make a whole separate post, link it here so that you can go read it? Where do we post it? Sorry I know you're busy!

I figured it out! No I didn't I confused myself again I'll wait until other's post lol
HzGpUHb.png
@JinxMoonstone

Please may I be added to all the pinglists?
@JinxMoonstone

Please may I be added to all the pinglists?
@JinxMoonstone
Please could I be added to all of the pinglists? :)
@JinxMoonstone
Please could I be added to all of the pinglists? :)
kfUiQOI.pnglUC8ePW.png
XHdXe4e.pngJbusnPR.png
tcDbKKs.pngYP0RxT4.png
os3dhO8.png Jm2UVix.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 31