Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [ACHIEVED] Coela's Gen 1 Imperial Quest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[center][IMG]https://i.picasion.com/gl/92/gFFT.gif[/IMG][/center] [columns][emoji=imperial laughing size=2] [nextcol][color=transparent].....[/color] [nextcol]Hi, I'm Coela! I started saving up for a Gen 1 Imperial in 2018 and it has been my single focus on Flight Rising since. I have been chasing the rising bar of prices for the past 5 years. I put off making a quest thread because of it, but by this logic I may never make one. So it's time to make a thread. Yes, there will be glitter text. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2390900/1]It’s tradition[/url].[/columns] [center][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1] [size=4][b]Quest Achieved 05/06/2023[/b] [emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25492][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/255/25492_350.png[/img][/url] It's been a long journey, but he's here![/center] [u]The Details: [/u] [LIST] [*]He cost me approximately 1,500,000 Gems [*]1.4 million was in pure Gems, the rest in a few Lorwolf KS items [*]I did not take Gem loans and the Imp is paid for in full [*]I bought him through a private sale from someone who knew I was on this quest and wanted to sell to me [*]How I made the Gems, how long it took, etc. can all be read about on this thread if you're curious about it (tldr; I worked really dang hard for 5 years) [*]While he's not one of my lore flights, I decided to keep and work with this particular dragon because he's a lovely old boy with history [*]I scattered him into the double Garnet you see now [*]I am going to continue breeding him and I am currently working out who his mate will be [*]I do not have a plan yet for when or how much G2 offspring will be, but you can ask to be on a pinglist and I'll keep you in the know [/LIST] Thank you to everyone who cheered me on over the years! It feels so good to have finally achieved this massive goal and I could not have done it without the support of the people around me. [center][emoji=imperial love size=2][/center] ----- ----- [emoji=imperial star size=1] [b][u]What I Want[/u][/b] [indent]Either an Imperial Scroll or an already breed changed Gen 1 Imperial. Both have their appeal, so I am open to either. A scroll is flexible while an already scrolled dragon comes with history.[/indent] [emoji=imperial tongue size=1] [b][u]Why I Want It[/u][/b] [indent]Plain and simple: I want to breed it I am a low ID Gen 1 lair and I am dedicated to keeping all of my old dragons active in the game. This means breeding. I don't care about value retention and I love long scrolling offspring lists. These pixels are sentimental and meant to be played with. That's my FR philosophy and an Imperial breeding pair would be the crown jewel of my hatchery. [/indent] [emoji=imperial winking size=1] [b][u]What I'm Offering[/u][/b] [indent]Updated 4/12/2023 For the purpose of this thread, I’ll cover the contents of my offer in general terms. This quest thread isn’t for liquidation tracking. Specific numbers will be given to potential trade partners only. If you are a potential trade partner, please DM me for this information. The focus of my offer is currently [u]pure FR Gems[/u]. I have liquidated almost everything I was planning on parting with in my account. [u]Lorwolf:[/u] Multiple Bracchus scrolls. Multiple copies of Lorwolf KS companions, forum vistas, apparel, etc. I am already working on trading these things for Gems. First litter pups, wild wolves, and Support bundles can be discussed. Note: Lorwolf is currently in Early Access and cross site trading is prohibited until full launch on May 6th 2023. I can also offer art and characters. Examples of my illustrations are best viewed on my [url=https://www.deviantart.com/coelacanis]DeviantArt[/url]. I am working hard all the time to make my offer the best it can be and I am ready to make a serious offer on a G1 Imp or Imperial Scroll at any time.[/indent] [center]----- [emoji=imperial angry size=1] [emoji=imperial confused size=1] [emoji=imperial deadpan size=1] [emoji=imperial happy size=1] [emoji=imperial love size=1] [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [emoji=imperial scared size=1] [emoji=imperial sleepy size=1] [emoji=imperial star size=1] [emoji=imperial tongue size=1] [emoji=imperial winking size=1] -----[/center]
gFFT.gif

..... Hi, I'm Coela! I started saving up for a Gen 1 Imperial in 2018 and it has been my single focus on Flight Rising since. I have been chasing the rising bar of prices for the past 5 years. I put off making a quest thread because of it, but by this logic I may never make one. So it's time to make a thread. Yes, there will be glitter text. It’s tradition.

Quest Achieved 05/06/2023

25492_350.png

It's been a long journey, but he's here!

The Details:
  • He cost me approximately 1,500,000 Gems
  • 1.4 million was in pure Gems, the rest in a few Lorwolf KS items
  • I did not take Gem loans and the Imp is paid for in full
  • I bought him through a private sale from someone who knew I was on this quest and wanted to sell to me
  • How I made the Gems, how long it took, etc. can all be read about on this thread if you're curious about it (tldr; I worked really dang hard for 5 years)
  • While he's not one of my lore flights, I decided to keep and work with this particular dragon because he's a lovely old boy with history
  • I scattered him into the double Garnet you see now
  • I am going to continue breeding him and I am currently working out who his mate will be
  • I do not have a plan yet for when or how much G2 offspring will be, but you can ask to be on a pinglist and I'll keep you in the know

Thank you to everyone who cheered me on over the years! It feels so good to have finally achieved this massive goal and I could not have done it without the support of the people around me.

What I Want

Either an Imperial Scroll or an already breed changed Gen 1 Imperial.

Both have their appeal, so I am open to either. A scroll is flexible while an already scrolled dragon comes with history.

Why I Want It

Plain and simple: I want to breed it

I am a low ID Gen 1 lair and I am dedicated to keeping all of my old dragons active in the game. This means breeding. I don't care about value retention and I love long scrolling offspring lists. These pixels are sentimental and meant to be played with. That's my FR philosophy and an Imperial breeding pair would be the crown jewel of my hatchery.

What I'm Offering

Updated 4/12/2023

For the purpose of this thread, I’ll cover the contents of my offer in general terms. This quest thread isn’t for liquidation tracking. Specific numbers will be given to potential trade partners only. If you are a potential trade partner, please DM me for this information.

The focus of my offer is currently pure FR Gems. I have liquidated almost everything I was planning on parting with in my account.

Lorwolf: Multiple Bracchus scrolls. Multiple copies of Lorwolf KS companions, forum vistas, apparel, etc. I am already working on trading these things for Gems. First litter pups, wild wolves, and Support bundles can be discussed. Note: Lorwolf is currently in Early Access and cross site trading is prohibited until full launch on May 6th 2023.

I can also offer art and characters. Examples of my illustrations are best viewed on my DeviantArt.

I am working hard all the time to make my offer the best it can be and I am ready to make a serious offer on a G1 Imp or Imperial Scroll at any time.

6Sx7SSv.png
[center][IMG]https://i.picasion.com/gl/92/gFFU.gif[/IMG][/center] My efforts for this quest have been quiet, mostly out of a fear of public failure. I've sent a lot of PMs. I've responded to people's sale advertisements with varying degrees of productivity. I keep a note about my quest in my clan broadcast, profile, and signature. I've asked advice from Gen 1 Imp owners. I've advertised my trade regularly in the Lorwolf discord server. And now, this post. People tend to ask where money comes from for stuff as big as this, and I’m happy to be candid in that respect: I've been on FR for 8 years now and that's a lot of time to buy things, see them appreciate value, and then sell them at higher prices years later. Re-buy, rinse, repeat. As an old dragon collector for most of my years on site, the foundation of my vault comes from the sales of low ID dragons that I owned for years. I'm no longer in this business as I've sold all dragons not nailed down at this point, but it served me well for a long time. Every Night of the Nocturne, I spend most of my pure Gems on eggs (I usually end up with 10+ stacks) to resell throughout the year. A while back I won a XXX G1 from Roundsey that netted me a significant amount of Gems when I sold it. I do not buy Gem packs with USD, but I have spent some real money in indirect ways: I supported Dappervolk when it was in beta and my liquidation of those items was well timed and highly lucrative. I've since backed Lorwolf's Kickstarter as well. That's the big stuff. My "bread and butter" on FR comes from exalt fodder. I have a max size Lair and Den, most of which is dedicated to this. I am very diligent about bonding with my familiars every day and opening/selling the chests. I flip MP items like genes too and take advantage of new release hype whenever I can. I spend a little money to make a little more money and I keep it rolling until it becomes bigger money like a snowball. I've also had setbacks because it's really difficult to dedicate so much effort, time, and resources to a goal that feels further away all the time. But I think this is part of the process in its own way. FR should be fun, and waiting for a difficult thing to happen isn't. So I've lost money on occasional scatter binges and spontaneous re-gening projects, especially when I was thinking I'd quit the Imp quest altogether. But I always come back to recoup losses and keep trying. [emoji=imperial winking size=1] [b][u]What My Plans Are[/u][/b] [indent]My plans are flexible because there's a low chance I'll have any room for choice. But I've had 5 years to think about all this, so I'm sharing lol. If I got a scroll, I would use it on one of these dragons:[list] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66051]Lurida #66051[/url] - The top contender because she makes the prettiest Imperial of all my old Gen 1s, in my opinion. She is pictured as an Imp below with her mate Ancep as a Coatl. [img]https://i.ibb.co/0mfycN5/Pair1.png[/img] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2337]Nuphar #2337[/url] - She's my oldest dragon, so it would be satisfying to see her become an Imp. There's also less Nature G1 Imps in existence than Plague. Below is Nuphar as an Imp with her mate Benzoin as a Coatl. [img]https://i.ibb.co/kyL7dJ7/Pair2.png[/img][/list] Regardless of whether I scroll one of my own dragons or purchase one that has already been scrolled, it would make me very excited to create a brand new Imperial bloodline or resurrect a long inactive one. My lair is limited to only four flights for lore reasons. The two major ones are Nature and Plague. The two minor ones are Earth and Water. My interest in low ID Gen 1s, including Imperials, is strongly rooted in the history of the site, so an old Imperial would be much more meaningful for me to own. If I get an already scrolled Gen 1 Imperial and it was not one of those flights or if it was young, I would attempt to swap with someone. If I couldn't make a swap for a dragon that complies with all that, I would make some new lore and love what I got. [/indent] [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [b][u]What If I Don't Get It?[/u][/b] [indent]The majority of people who want Gen 1 Imperials won't get one. I've already had a few opportunities to negotiate for Gen 1 Imps where I did not end up being the one to buy it. So not getting one ever is a distinct possibility. As for what I'd do instead, well, I've completed all other goals on FR that interest me. I could quest for KS familiars but the Boolean will always prevent a full Beastiary, so I don't really see the point when there's something I want much more. KS fam quest is something I plan for after I get a Gen 1 Imp. If I never get one, I'd probably just hang out and hatch nests and chat with my friends. So many of my dragons are also naked, like seriously I need to dedicate some resources to dress-up lol. [/indent] [center]----- [emoji=imperial angry size=1] [emoji=imperial confused size=1] [emoji=imperial deadpan size=1] [emoji=imperial happy size=1] [emoji=imperial love size=1] [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [emoji=imperial scared size=1] [emoji=imperial sleepy size=1] [emoji=imperial star size=1] [emoji=imperial tongue size=1] [emoji=imperial winking size=1] -----[/center]
gFFU.gif

My efforts for this quest have been quiet, mostly out of a fear of public failure. I've sent a lot of PMs. I've responded to people's sale advertisements with varying degrees of productivity. I keep a note about my quest in my clan broadcast, profile, and signature. I've asked advice from Gen 1 Imp owners. I've advertised my trade regularly in the Lorwolf discord server. And now, this post.

People tend to ask where money comes from for stuff as big as this, and I’m happy to be candid in that respect: I've been on FR for 8 years now and that's a lot of time to buy things, see them appreciate value, and then sell them at higher prices years later. Re-buy, rinse, repeat. As an old dragon collector for most of my years on site, the foundation of my vault comes from the sales of low ID dragons that I owned for years. I'm no longer in this business as I've sold all dragons not nailed down at this point, but it served me well for a long time. Every Night of the Nocturne, I spend most of my pure Gems on eggs (I usually end up with 10+ stacks) to resell throughout the year. A while back I won a XXX G1 from Roundsey that netted me a significant amount of Gems when I sold it. I do not buy Gem packs with USD, but I have spent some real money in indirect ways: I supported Dappervolk when it was in beta and my liquidation of those items was well timed and highly lucrative. I've since backed Lorwolf's Kickstarter as well. That's the big stuff. My "bread and butter" on FR comes from exalt fodder. I have a max size Lair and Den, most of which is dedicated to this. I am very diligent about bonding with my familiars every day and opening/selling the chests. I flip MP items like genes too and take advantage of new release hype whenever I can. I spend a little money to make a little more money and I keep it rolling until it becomes bigger money like a snowball.

I've also had setbacks because it's really difficult to dedicate so much effort, time, and resources to a goal that feels further away all the time. But I think this is part of the process in its own way. FR should be fun, and waiting for a difficult thing to happen isn't. So I've lost money on occasional scatter binges and spontaneous re-gening projects, especially when I was thinking I'd quit the Imp quest altogether. But I always come back to recoup losses and keep trying.

What My Plans Are

My plans are flexible because there's a low chance I'll have any room for choice. But I've had 5 years to think about all this, so I'm sharing lol.

If I got a scroll, I would use it on one of these dragons:
  • Lurida #66051 - The top contender because she makes the prettiest Imperial of all my old Gen 1s, in my opinion. She is pictured as an Imp below with her mate Ancep as a Coatl.

Pair1.png

• Nuphar #2337 - She's my oldest dragon, so it would be satisfying to see her become an Imp. There's also less Nature G1 Imps in existence than Plague. Below is Nuphar as an Imp with her mate Benzoin as a Coatl.

Pair2.png

Regardless of whether I scroll one of my own dragons or purchase one that has already been scrolled, it would make me very excited to create a brand new Imperial bloodline or resurrect a long inactive one.

My lair is limited to only four flights for lore reasons. The two major ones are Nature and Plague. The two minor ones are Earth and Water. My interest in low ID Gen 1s, including Imperials, is strongly rooted in the history of the site, so an old Imperial would be much more meaningful for me to own. If I get an already scrolled Gen 1 Imperial and it was not one of those flights or if it was young, I would attempt to swap with someone. If I couldn't make a swap for a dragon that complies with all that, I would make some new lore and love what I got.

What If I Don't Get It?

The majority of people who want Gen 1 Imperials won't get one. I've already had a few opportunities to negotiate for Gen 1 Imps where I did not end up being the one to buy it. So not getting one ever is a distinct possibility. As for what I'd do instead, well, I've completed all other goals on FR that interest me. I could quest for KS familiars but the Boolean will always prevent a full Beastiary, so I don't really see the point when there's something I want much more. KS fam quest is something I plan for after I get a Gen 1 Imp. If I never get one, I'd probably just hang out and hatch nests and chat with my friends. So many of my dragons are also naked, like seriously I need to dedicate some resources to dress-up lol.

6Sx7SSv.png
[center][IMG]https://i.picasion.com/gl/92/gFFV.gif[/IMG][/center] If helping me is a thought that crossed your mind, then I’m already appreciating you from here. There’s no need to go out of your way to do anything major. This quest is as long term as it gets and I have no idea how far I’ve progressed in it. Having something to offer is only one part of this ordeal. I might get an opportunity when Lorwolf launches (I hope) or maybe I won’t get a real shot for another year or two. Honestly, your moral support would mean the most to me at this point. The longer a quest like this goes on and the more disappointments I experience, the lower morale can get. My passion on FR is Gen 1 breeding, so you could keep my spirits up by checking out [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/58365]the River’s End tab of my lair[/url]. All of my beautiful old G1 breeders live there. I’ve worked very hard over the years to acquire them and to scatter/gene them into what they are now. You can leave Likes on them if you want to. Seeing evidence that new people visited them makes me smile. Page 1 is always fed and that’s where the currently active breeding pairs are. I rotate them every month. If any Gen 2 hatchlings are available, they'll be on a tab of my lair called Mud Puddle. My hatchlings going out into the world reminds me of why I want to do this quest and will keep my energy up. This year, I wanted to manifest Gen 1 Imperial energy in my lair by committing to a new themed Gen 2 Imperial collection. They could also use some admiration and you can find them on [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/58365/1419828?name=&type=undefined]the Sisterhood tab of my den[/url]. Just like my main lair, I focus on Nature and Plague dragons. The first four are my 6 digit sibling sets. Ilex and Carex are brothers while Thuja and Tsuga are sisters. Those four oldies were a huge motivator for me to pursue a Gen 1 Imp in the first place. Searching for Nature/Plague lineages I don’t have offspring from yet has been a pretty entertaining pastime and it’s been a fresh experience to buy young dragons for keeps. I’ve been slowly chipping away at scries and outfits for them. I will incorporate them into my lore eventually as well. [center]----- [emoji=imperial angry size=1] [emoji=imperial confused size=1] [emoji=imperial deadpan size=1] [emoji=imperial happy size=1] [emoji=imperial love size=1] [emoji=imperial sad size=1] [emoji=imperial scared size=1] [emoji=imperial sleepy size=1] [emoji=imperial star size=1] [emoji=imperial tongue size=1] [emoji=imperial winking size=1] -----[/center]
gFFV.gif

If helping me is a thought that crossed your mind, then I’m already appreciating you from here. There’s no need to go out of your way to do anything major. This quest is as long term as it gets and I have no idea how far I’ve progressed in it. Having something to offer is only one part of this ordeal. I might get an opportunity when Lorwolf launches (I hope) or maybe I won’t get a real shot for another year or two. Honestly, your moral support would mean the most to me at this point. The longer a quest like this goes on and the more disappointments I experience, the lower morale can get.

My passion on FR is Gen 1 breeding, so you could keep my spirits up by checking out the River’s End tab of my lair. All of my beautiful old G1 breeders live there. I’ve worked very hard over the years to acquire them and to scatter/gene them into what they are now. You can leave Likes on them if you want to. Seeing evidence that new people visited them makes me smile. Page 1 is always fed and that’s where the currently active breeding pairs are. I rotate them every month. If any Gen 2 hatchlings are available, they'll be on a tab of my lair called Mud Puddle. My hatchlings going out into the world reminds me of why I want to do this quest and will keep my energy up.

This year, I wanted to manifest Gen 1 Imperial energy in my lair by committing to a new themed Gen 2 Imperial collection. They could also use some admiration and you can find them on the Sisterhood tab of my den. Just like my main lair, I focus on Nature and Plague dragons. The first four are my 6 digit sibling sets. Ilex and Carex are brothers while Thuja and Tsuga are sisters. Those four oldies were a huge motivator for me to pursue a Gen 1 Imp in the first place. Searching for Nature/Plague lineages I don’t have offspring from yet has been a pretty entertaining pastime and it’s been a fresh experience to buy young dragons for keeps. I’ve been slowly chipping away at scries and outfits for them. I will incorporate them into my lore eventually as well.

6Sx7SSv.png
[center][emoji=imperial star size=2] [img]http://i.picasion.com/gl/92/gF1J.gif[/img] [emoji=imperial star size=2][/center]
gF1J.gif
[emoji=imperial size=2] Get em!!!

Get em!!!
IMG_0247.jpg
gF2t.gif
gF2t.gif
_____________________________________ _____________________ 52276747607_eafe8ce4d4_o.png ___
FAQ «
Wishlist «

+3 FRT «
Tigers RNG
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/Xt3VCsN/cooltext426007703355059.gif[/img][/center]
cooltext426007703355059.gif
Untitled94-20220821210211.pngUntitled94-20220821210121.pngUntitled94-20220821210005.png
gF7a.gif
gF7a.gif
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
I know how long you've been working towards this! Grand to see your thread up, and and I have everything hopeful for you! Your dragon collection is beautiful, and I love seeing old dragons still producing in game! :D [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] (I dunno how to do sparkly stuff, so have a star! ;) )
I know how long you've been working towards this! Grand to see your thread up, and and I have everything hopeful for you! Your dragon collection is beautiful, and I love seeing old dragons still producing in game! :D (I dunno how to do sparkly stuff, so have a star! ;) )
rULXRhK.pngu0wKDNt.pngpony_002_certed00_by_owlcatpup-dbmrpzb.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/k003ReA.gif[/img]
k003ReA.gif
lightning.gif2f3b078d99d720604b36510c35f391005ec07b3f.pngQOsn8Q8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11