Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Veiled Brambles
1 2 3 4
[center][b]Day 4[/b] Material [item=Gypsum] Lmao I keep getting materials[/center] -------------------------------- [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74580077][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745801/74580077.png[/img][/url][/center] Cricket has picked up sculpting lately. Aside from cooking and hunting with the others, he didn't have anything else to do during the day. Crossing the Foxfire Bramble has proven to be very tedius since, despite Maki's best efforts, they kept getting lost. He didn't mind much though. He got to spend more time with Maki and theoretically, more opportunities to confess to her. But in reality, Maki was getting really frustrated with her subpar navigational skills and Cricket respected her need for peace and quiet when they settled for the night. So, scultping. He picked up soft rocks and wood during their travels and has been mindlessly chopping them into random abstruct shapes, which he didn't care much for. What was important to him was the motion and business. At first, he would just leave them behind when they departed in the morning, not interested in preserving the little statues, but one day Cherri saw him and insisted on keeping them. If Cricket didn't keep them, then Cherry would. Cricket, not wanting to put extra weight on his coworker's back, agreed to keep them himself and sell them once they reached civilisation. If they reach civilisation, as Maki whined when she overheard them.
Day 4
Material

Gypsum

Lmao I keep getting materials

74580077.png

Cricket has picked up sculpting lately. Aside from cooking and hunting with the others, he didn't have anything else to do during the day. Crossing the Foxfire Bramble has proven to be very tedius since, despite Maki's best efforts, they kept getting lost. He didn't mind much though. He got to spend more time with Maki and theoretically, more opportunities to confess to her. But in reality, Maki was getting really frustrated with her subpar navigational skills and Cricket respected her need for peace and quiet when they settled for the night. So, scultping.

He picked up soft rocks and wood during their travels and has been mindlessly chopping them into random abstruct shapes, which he didn't care much for. What was important to him was the motion and business. At first, he would just leave them behind when they departed in the morning, not interested in preserving the little statues, but one day Cherri saw him and insisted on keeping them. If Cricket didn't keep them, then Cherry would. Cricket, not wanting to put extra weight on his coworker's back, agreed to keep them himself and sell them once they reached civilisation. If they reach civilisation, as Maki whined when she overheard them.
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
[center][b]Day 5[/b] Food [item=Bluegill] First coli of the pinkerlocke [emoji=nocturne scared size=1] Lost Maki already ;-; New enemies in Woodland flattened her. [/center] -------------------------------- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74580102][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/745802/74580102.png[/img][/url][/center] They must have looked pretty pathetic as they were flying around in circles for days, because a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2970744]Bramblewood[/url] approached them and offered to help. She too was a merchant like them and was about to travel to the Sunportal for the annual science fesival. As they were traveling, she and Maki hit it off right away. Maybe that's why Maki got the offer to join the Bramblewood's guild, maybe that's why she accepted in a heartbeat. That's what Cricket told himself. But Cherri thought that it was much more likely that the traveling life, of getting lost and not have everything work out as intended, just didn't suit Maki. She would have tried to settle down either way, once they reached civilisation. They said their goodbyes before they left the brambles, as Cricket and Cherri couldn't bring themselves to follow them to the Sunportal. There weren't any tears, as they didn't know each other for very long, but Cricket was very quiet for the rest of the day. It was now up to Cherri to cheer him up.
Day 5
Food

Bluegill

First coli of the pinkerlocke Lost Maki already ;-; New enemies in Woodland flattened her.

74580102.png

They must have looked pretty pathetic as they were flying around in circles for days, because a Bramblewood approached them and offered to help. She too was a merchant like them and was about to travel to the Sunportal for the annual science fesival.

As they were traveling, she and Maki hit it off right away. Maybe that's why Maki got the offer to join the Bramblewood's guild, maybe that's why she accepted in a heartbeat. That's what Cricket told himself. But Cherri thought that it was much more likely that the traveling life, of getting lost and not have everything work out as intended, just didn't suit Maki. She would have tried to settle down either way, once they reached civilisation.

They said their goodbyes before they left the brambles, as Cricket and Cherri couldn't bring themselves to follow them to the Sunportal. There weren't any tears, as they didn't know each other for very long, but Cricket was very quiet for the rest of the day. It was now up to Cherri to cheer him up.
@magiritsa Hey there! Just popping in to say that when it's time that this pink lad might need to leave the challenge, will you consider giving them to me? I would love to rehome him! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74492050][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/744921/74492050_350.png[/img][/url]
@magiritsa Hey there! Just popping in to say that when it's time that this pink lad might need to leave the challenge, will you consider giving them to me? I would love to rehome him!
74492050_350.png
hu72dVR.png
@VanillaSpicedIce Unfortunately, a good friend of mine has already called dibs on him, sorry :(

Thanks for reminding me to make a section about who's taken xD
@VanillaSpicedIce Unfortunately, a good friend of mine has already called dibs on him, sorry :(

Thanks for reminding me to make a section about who's taken xD
@magiritsa Ahh Sorry for asking! Btw do you have a pinglist for daily updates? if so I would love to be on it! Thanks
@magiritsa Ahh Sorry for asking! Btw do you have a pinglist for daily updates? if so I would love to be on it! Thanks
hu72dVR.png
@VanillaSpicedIce Dw! It's my fault for not adding a section for the already taken dragons, anyway xD And of course! :D I'm happy you like it!
@VanillaSpicedIce Dw! It's my fault for not adding a section for the already taken dragons, anyway xD And of course! :D I'm happy you like it!
[center][b]Day 6[/b] Food [item=Myosotis] Oh man, another coli [emoji=nocturne scared size=1] I hope we survive. Ok we survived and got to lvl 5! [Pinglist: @VanillaSpicedIce] [/center] -------------- Cricket and Cherri have been traveling a lot slower without Maki. Not only was she the best of the three at navigating the woods, but she was also the reason they were so well organised. Without her they were a mess. They woke up way too late in the day and thus, only had a couple of hours of safe travel before the horrors of the woods started their wandering. They also weren't motivated to fly at a decent speed, like before. Without Maki to contantly worry about their time, Cricket and Cherri had the leisure to take things slowly. Thankfully, it suited them both. Cricket had more time to scratch his sculpts and Cherri could finally work on some new garments in peace.
Day 6
Food

Myosotis

Oh man, another coli I hope we survive. Ok we survived and got to lvl 5!
[Pinglist: @VanillaSpicedIce]

Cricket and Cherri have been traveling a lot slower without Maki. Not only was she the best of the three at navigating the woods, but she was also the reason they were so well organised. Without her they were a mess. They woke up way too late in the day and thus, only had a couple of hours of safe travel before the horrors of the woods started their wandering. They also weren't motivated to fly at a decent speed, like before. Without Maki to contantly worry about their time, Cricket and Cherri had the leisure to take things slowly. Thankfully, it suited them both. Cricket had more time to scratch his sculpts and Cherri could finally work on some new garments in peace.
[center]I made a little button for the pinkerlocke :> [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/716928038985531425/1047227999071764480/wagon_dragon.png[/img][/center]
I made a little button for the pinkerlocke :>

wagon_dragon.png
[center][b]Day 7[/b] Apparel [item=Pretty Green Wing Bow] I have two males and no riches to give them genes, so I'll do this one at a later date.[/center]
Day 7
Apparel

Pretty Green Wing Bow

I have two males and no riches to give them genes, so I'll do this one at a later date.
[center][b]Day 8[/b] Food [item=Rainbow Grasshopper] Uh-oh it's coli again [emoji=nocturne scared size=1] [/center] --------------------- They couldn't have predicted that the branch they were sleeping under for the night would break and fall on Cherri's wing. Half-awake and barely knowing what was going on, Cricket offered to patch it up. Cherri's little nocturne hands couldn't reach. The cook did the best he could, placed a sturdy stickunder the bone and secured it in place with bandages, but it was obvious it was made by an amateur. Cherri was being so brave about it. He winced when Cricket placed the stick, but he tried to otherwise stay quiet. He didn't want to cause any more trouble for Cricket. The broken wing would take a while to heal. The two nocturnes agreed to search for a spot to camp more permanently while they waited. It didn't take long to find a spot between the brambles that would offer them cover from the elements and protection from predators. The Bramblewoods knew what they were doing when they chose to build their nests there. Cricket and Cherri got comfortable in their little makeshift home and waited.
Day 8
Food

Rainbow Grasshopper

Uh-oh it's coli again

They couldn't have predicted that the branch they were sleeping under for the night would break and fall on Cherri's wing. Half-awake and barely knowing what was going on, Cricket offered to patch it up. Cherri's little nocturne hands couldn't reach. The cook did the best he could, placed a sturdy stickunder the bone and secured it in place with bandages, but it was obvious it was made by an amateur. Cherri was being so brave about it. He winced when Cricket placed the stick, but he tried to otherwise stay quiet. He didn't want to cause any more trouble for Cricket.

The broken wing would take a while to heal. The two nocturnes agreed to search for a spot to camp more permanently while they waited. It didn't take long to find a spot between the brambles that would offer them cover from the elements and protection from predators. The Bramblewoods knew what they were doing when they chose to build their nests there. Cricket and Cherri got comfortable in their little makeshift home and waited.
1 2 3 4