Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Lazy Leafy Lunches! (live!)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22
@8611945 ooo pinglist please i'd like to participate!
Also a question, since day 1 and 2 have passed can I still go back and do those? I notice some people are adding RP replies, would I be able to do a more or less long post for those days I've missed? Or should I simply send the items in?
@8611945 ooo pinglist please i'd like to participate!
Also a question, since day 1 and 2 have passed can I still go back and do those? I notice some people are adding RP replies, would I be able to do a more or less long post for those days I've missed? Or should I simply send the items in?
@TheCat You're welcome to go back and catch up if you'd like! The posts are linked on the front page for quick finding. And yes, you can RP if you'd like! I'm not a huge RPer myself but I'm loving reading everyone else's ^_^
@TheCat You're welcome to go back and catch up if you'd like! The posts are linked on the front page for quick finding. And yes, you can RP if you'd like! I'm not a huge RPer myself but I'm loving reading everyone else's ^_^
8Lpal06.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73654210][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/736543/73654210.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/10142190][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/101422/10142190.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51045507][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/510456/51045507.png[/img][/url][/url][/center] (day 1) [item=ebon-edged spear] "Oooh, this looks exciting!" Volare poked his head into the sketchy booth beside the stage. "How do we do this again? Oh, may we, Quartz?" Quartz smiled tolerantly at her young protege. "I suppose so. What's the first step?" "Spin this wheel," the stall clerk invited, "and see where you end up!" Volare gave the wheel such a hard spin that it almost spun off its axis. "Oops," he grimaced, as the Tundra grabbed the stand to keep it from falling over. "I must have imbued it with some Wind magic." "No harm, no harm," the Tundra said as the wheel slowed to a stop. "Let's see, you've stopped at the Ebon-Edged Spear. Nice! This material will form the outer layer of your wand. You just need to go fetch three of them, and we'll set them aside for you." "Oh." The young Skydancer paused. "Where might I find those?" "They originate in the Scorched Forest," the Tundra said, already looking over their shoulders to the next customer. "Come on," Quartz said. "We'll see if we can't barter with a Wintermane and get three of them." Wintermane Centaurs were common in the Southern Icefields, and soon enough Quartz was able to barter some of her healing herb in exchange for three ebon-edged spears. Volare hoisted them up and was about to fly back to the stall when Quartz stopped him. "Careful, Volare. You have to watch out for others." A giant Imperial thudded into the ground in front of them, knocking over a couple of Centaur stalls nearby. "Sorry!" he yelled, and started to help, but they quickly shooed him away. He tucked his tail around his body and turned to the Skydancers. "I've been looking everywhere for you! What have you been up to?" It was Quartz' mate, Quartzite. "Fetching spears, for wand materials!" Volare held them up for Quartzite to see. The Imperial squinted. "Looks more like toothpicks to me." "Whatever," Volare shrugged. Then he noticed Quartz biting her tongue. "I'll, um, just [i]carefully [/i]hurry these back to the booth." As he trotted off, he noticed the Imperial's head drooping guiltily as the Skydancer scolded her mate. Quartz wasn't yelling. She never yelled. But Volare knew from experience that yelling might almost be preferable to her tone of disappointment...
73654210.png10142190.png51045507.png

(day 1) Ebon-Edged Spear
"Oooh, this looks exciting!" Volare poked his head into the sketchy booth beside the stage. "How do we do this again? Oh, may we, Quartz?"

Quartz smiled tolerantly at her young protege. "I suppose so. What's the first step?"

"Spin this wheel," the stall clerk invited, "and see where you end up!"

Volare gave the wheel such a hard spin that it almost spun off its axis. "Oops," he grimaced, as the Tundra grabbed the stand to keep it from falling over. "I must have imbued it with some Wind magic."

"No harm, no harm," the Tundra said as the wheel slowed to a stop. "Let's see, you've stopped at the Ebon-Edged Spear. Nice! This material will form the outer layer of your wand. You just need to go fetch three of them, and we'll set them aside for you."

"Oh." The young Skydancer paused. "Where might I find those?"

"They originate in the Scorched Forest," the Tundra said, already looking over their shoulders to the next customer.

"Come on," Quartz said. "We'll see if we can't barter with a Wintermane and get three of them."

Wintermane Centaurs were common in the Southern Icefields, and soon enough Quartz was able to barter some of her healing herb in exchange for three ebon-edged spears. Volare hoisted them up and was about to fly back to the stall when Quartz stopped him. "Careful, Volare. You have to watch out for others."

A giant Imperial thudded into the ground in front of them, knocking over a couple of Centaur stalls nearby. "Sorry!" he yelled, and started to help, but they quickly shooed him away. He tucked his tail around his body and turned to the Skydancers. "I've been looking everywhere for you! What have you been up to?" It was Quartz' mate, Quartzite.

"Fetching spears, for wand materials!" Volare held them up for Quartzite to see.

The Imperial squinted. "Looks more like toothpicks to me."

"Whatever," Volare shrugged. Then he noticed Quartz biting her tongue. "I'll, um, just carefully hurry these back to the booth."

As he trotted off, he noticed the Imperial's head drooping guiltily as the Skydancer scolded her mate. Quartz wasn't yelling. She never yelled. But Volare knew from experience that yelling might almost be preferable to her tone of disappointment...
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73654210][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/736543/73654210.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/10142190][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/101422/10142190.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73653330][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/736534/73653330.png[/img][/url][/url][/center] (day 2) [item=umbral yarn] Volare was at the stall as quickly as he could the next morning. The Tundra grinned at him. "Let's see, you smell like ebon-edged spears, yes?" "That's right," he replied. "What now?" "Well, the next step is to gather the core for your wand. You'll spin the wheel again--maybe not quite so hard this time." Volare gave the wheel a firm spin, but was careful not to use his magic. It spun gradually and finally landed on the number 4. "Okay," the Tundra said, scanning his sheet. "That's two hanks of Umbral Yarn you need to bring. Bamboo Falls," he added, as Volare opened his mouth to ask where. "Okay, thanks!" The Skydancer hurried back to his mentor. "Yes?" Quartz was leaning over a steaming cauldron of hot chocolate, studying to make sure it was completely mixed. Volare licked his lips. "Um, do you have any Umbral Yarn?" "I don't. But I know someone who might...and so do you." Quartz ladled some cocoa into a mug. "Marshmallows?" "Yes please." Volare shook a generous helping of miniature marshmallows into his cocoa. "But none for Gaudete. She likes her chocolate as plain and dark and bitter and earthy as possible." Quartz smiled knowingly as she ladled another mugful. "Here you go. I last saw her heading out toward the wool kiosks. She wants to research whether or not Tundras and Gaolers use their shed fur to make yarn, so she can figure out if other dragons will think it's weird that she sometimes uses her own shed mane." "I don't think it's weird," Volare said. "But then, I don't have fur." He hurried out in the direction that Quartz indicated. The striking dark Obelisk stood out easily against the snow in the market. Volare cupped his wing over the mugs of hot chocolate to keep them warm as he approached. "Gaudete? Would you like some hot chocolate?" She turned, and a smile lit her face. "Dark?" "You got it." He passed her the mug, which was tiny in her claw. She tilted her head back and drank it in one gulp. "Thanks. So how is your wand search going?" "I'm, um, stuck. I need some Umbral yarn, and I wondered if you had some." "Umbral yarn...that's a rarity. And expensive." She studied her empty mug, dangling it from a claw delicately. "I do have some, but it's back at the tent. How much do you need?" "Two hanks." She winced. "Well...I was going to knit you something from it anyway...so I guess you can have it." "Thanks! I'll pay you back, somehow..." She scooped him up into a hug. "No need for that. Just let me knit you something else sometime." Volare almost choked on her mane. Despite this, he felt warmed all the way through, and it wasn't just the hot chocolate. "Sure thing."
73654210.png10142190.png73653330.png

(day 2) Umbral Yarn

Volare was at the stall as quickly as he could the next morning. The Tundra grinned at him. "Let's see, you smell like ebon-edged spears, yes?"

"That's right," he replied. "What now?"

"Well, the next step is to gather the core for your wand. You'll spin the wheel again--maybe not quite so hard this time."

Volare gave the wheel a firm spin, but was careful not to use his magic. It spun gradually and finally landed on the number 4. "Okay," the Tundra said, scanning his sheet. "That's two hanks of Umbral Yarn you need to bring. Bamboo Falls," he added, as Volare opened his mouth to ask where.

"Okay, thanks!" The Skydancer hurried back to his mentor.

"Yes?" Quartz was leaning over a steaming cauldron of hot chocolate, studying to make sure it was completely mixed.

Volare licked his lips. "Um, do you have any Umbral Yarn?"

"I don't. But I know someone who might...and so do you." Quartz ladled some cocoa into a mug. "Marshmallows?"

"Yes please." Volare shook a generous helping of miniature marshmallows into his cocoa. "But none for Gaudete. She likes her chocolate as plain and dark and bitter and earthy as possible."

Quartz smiled knowingly as she ladled another mugful. "Here you go. I last saw her heading out toward the wool kiosks. She wants to research whether or not Tundras and Gaolers use their shed fur to make yarn, so she can figure out if other dragons will think it's weird that she sometimes uses her own shed mane."

"I don't think it's weird," Volare said. "But then, I don't have fur." He hurried out in the direction that Quartz indicated.

The striking dark Obelisk stood out easily against the snow in the market. Volare cupped his wing over the mugs of hot chocolate to keep them warm as he approached. "Gaudete? Would you like some hot chocolate?"

She turned, and a smile lit her face. "Dark?"

"You got it." He passed her the mug, which was tiny in her claw. She tilted her head back and drank it in one gulp.

"Thanks. So how is your wand search going?"

"I'm, um, stuck. I need some Umbral yarn, and I wondered if you had some."

"Umbral yarn...that's a rarity. And expensive." She studied her empty mug, dangling it from a claw delicately. "I do have some, but it's back at the tent. How much do you need?"

"Two hanks."

She winced. "Well...I was going to knit you something from it anyway...so I guess you can have it."

"Thanks! I'll pay you back, somehow..."

She scooped him up into a hug. "No need for that. Just let me knit you something else sometime."

Volare almost choked on her mane. Despite this, he felt warmed all the way through, and it wasn't just the hot chocolate. "Sure thing."
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49886956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/498870/49886956_350.png[/img][/url] Delta is still holding her tricolored wand material in her hands and excitedly places it in the box decorated with her name. She steps up to the divination box eagerly and a number five appears. Delta nods after checking for what she'll need to collect. Wispy Foxtails, right! She knows her lair still has piles of that stuff from two Night of the Nocturnes ago, so she heads off to stuff some in her pouch. A few minutes later, Delta returns with her wand core securely stored in her bag.
49886956_350.png

Delta is still holding her tricolored wand material in her hands and excitedly places it in the box decorated with her name. She steps up to the divination box eagerly and a number five appears. Delta nods after checking for what she'll need to collect. Wispy Foxtails, right! She knows her lair still has piles of that stuff from two Night of the Nocturnes ago, so she heads off to stuff some in her pouch. A few minutes later, Delta returns with her wand core securely stored in her bag.
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69722594][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/697226/69722594_350.png[/img][/url] Tajah eyed the cocoons his Matriarch gave him. These were supposed to be wands? Why did she think he needed this? Cat had a weird sense of humor...was this a joke? "Um..." Cat simply pointed to the machine. "It chooses for you." Tajah scrunched his face as he regarded the clan leader, hand pressing on the machine. Six. Two runed tufts of fur. Well, that was simple enough...
69722594_350.png

Tajah eyed the cocoons his Matriarch gave him. These were supposed to be wands? Why did she think he needed this? Cat had a weird sense of humor...was this a joke?

"Um..."

Cat simply pointed to the machine.

"It chooses for you."

Tajah scrunched his face as he regarded the clan leader, hand pressing on the machine. Six. Two runed tufts of fur.

Well, that was simple enough...
g2TOb2t.png yMwAJm4.gifgladekeeper.png
A couple of days late but might I be added to the pinglist?? this sounds delightful!
A couple of days late but might I be added to the pinglist?? this sounds delightful!
EiyvCa3.pngjcaoTSI.pngtumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.pngopqC37U.pngdz9CpZG.png
The way to Finch's stall is becoming familiar to you by this morning. You wave to the Spiral at the plushies stall as you enter Finch's area...But Finch is absent? No, not absent. Looking around, you see him in the distance, standing around a bright fire with an equally bright Bogsneak. Before you can approach them, however, you feel a tug on your leg. Looking down, you see a tiny Banescale. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73214118][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/732142/73214118_350.png[/img][/url] "Hihi!" he chirps. "My name is Zelifarn and I'm helping Uncle Finch today! Here's your instructions!" He hands you a piece of paper. Before you can respond he darts off to greet another Dragon. You glance at the paper. The clawwriting is choppy but earnest. [i]Hi! It's Zelifarn again! You want to hear something funny? I found a mess-up in Uncle Finch's plan for the leaf makers! HE FORGOT THE RAINBOWS! How can you have cool magic things without RAINBOWS? So I told him that he has to let you pick the colours for your wands! Then we can have rainbows! Uncle Finch said something about it stalling the wands by a day but he agrees it's important. So go get something that's the colour you want your wand to be. Then we can have rainbows! -Zeli[/i] _________________________________________ Zelifarn has decided that it's very important we have colourful wands. He's tiny and adorable so he's probably right! No assigned items this time; simply pick a colour and bring back two items that are that colour! Notes: -Apologies to anyone who did not get a response PM yesterday. I got PM jail'd. >.> -Given the number of participants I felt the prize pool should be a bit bigger. 3 extra packs have been added. If I have any other flashes of inspiration more may appear. -Apologies for the second ping that will be happening; I'm moving the whole pinglist back to the front page. [size=1]@AlphaSnowdust @Cnidocyte @MotherOfBeardies @Snapdragoon @sockmonkeygerald @Dekomaru @Mistwhisker @LittleGuy @Bxy26 @StormHeart413 @mgcltwo @Eschtaaa @Saerel @TWiSTEDWiND @Pufferheart @FairyForestKing @GameMaker @DoppelBia @Crustacean @Elsu @RavineCat @BellatheITgirl @Koyako @asolrock @firegem1401 @MapleMantle @RiftenThief @PtolemyII @JoweeTheRaposa @FinalFlight @Katsuji @Tenrecidae @Tarany @CrownedLadybug @uruhead @robouiop @Qumack @virtualpet @MarinaQuakenbush @beskad @SugarValentine @dragonpals @mrgbmommy @Malsware @Luei @Krawald @Ajgreelyfan3 @Cheshly @tigressRising @cartographic @JinxMoonstone @LissaJade @Beatoriche @Skycloud @angemagica @StarlightDragon7 @givemeyourbones @ClockworkEclipse @Kothra @ClearBright @spadespins @argylion @Peachbug @Sidegrinder @SilentWanderer @TwelveBrackets @TheAwesoMew @winterbright @TheCat @WhitePhoenix @princesquishable[/size]
The way to Finch's stall is becoming familiar to you by this morning. You wave to the Spiral at the plushies stall as you enter Finch's area...But Finch is absent?

No, not absent. Looking around, you see him in the distance, standing around a bright fire with an equally bright Bogsneak.

Before you can approach them, however, you feel a tug on your leg. Looking down, you see a tiny Banescale.

73214118_350.png

"Hihi!" he chirps. "My name is Zelifarn and I'm helping Uncle Finch today! Here's your instructions!" He hands you a piece of paper. Before you can respond he darts off to greet another Dragon.

You glance at the paper. The clawwriting is choppy but earnest.

Hi! It's Zelifarn again!

You want to hear something funny? I found a mess-up in Uncle Finch's plan for the leaf makers! HE FORGOT THE RAINBOWS! How can you have cool magic things without RAINBOWS?

So I told him that he has to let you pick the colours for your wands! Then we can have rainbows! Uncle Finch said something about it stalling the wands by a day but he agrees it's important. So go get something that's the colour you want your wand to be. Then we can have rainbows!

-Zeli

Zelifarn has decided that it's very important we have colourful wands. He's tiny and adorable so he's probably right! No assigned items this time; simply pick a colour and bring back two items that are that colour!

Notes:
-Apologies to anyone who did not get a response PM yesterday. I got PM jail'd. >.>
-Given the number of participants I felt the prize pool should be a bit bigger. 3 extra packs have been added. If I have any other flashes of inspiration more may appear.
-Apologies for the second ping that will be happening; I'm moving the whole pinglist back to the front page.

@AlphaSnowdust @Cnidocyte @MotherOfBeardies @Snapdragoon @sockmonkeygerald @Dekomaru @Mistwhisker @LittleGuy @Bxy26 @StormHeart413 @mgcltwo @Eschtaaa @Saerel @TWiSTEDWiND @Pufferheart @FairyForestKing @GameMaker @DoppelBia @Crustacean @Elsu @RavineCat @BellatheITgirl @Koyako @asolrock @firegem1401 @MapleMantle @RiftenThief @PtolemyII @JoweeTheRaposa @FinalFlight @Katsuji @Tenrecidae @Tarany @CrownedLadybug @uruhead @robouiop @Qumack @virtualpet @MarinaQuakenbush @beskad @SugarValentine @dragonpals @mrgbmommy
@Malsware @Luei @Krawald @Ajgreelyfan3 @Cheshly @tigressRising @cartographic @JinxMoonstone @LissaJade @Beatoriche @Skycloud @angemagica @StarlightDragon7 @givemeyourbones @ClockworkEclipse @Kothra @ClearBright @spadespins @argylion @Peachbug @Sidegrinder @SilentWanderer @TwelveBrackets @TheAwesoMew @winterbright @TheCat @WhitePhoenix @princesquishable
8Lpal06.gif
[s]I don't usually do RP for stuff, but I can no longer resist[/s] [br] ----- [br] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45130449][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/451305/45130449_350.png[/img][/url] Aelroth watched the hatchling go with a lingering smile. Rainbows, huh? He'd gone into this expecting nothing but an amusing scam. Invest some junk, get a story. And to be fair, he may yet prove to be right. But this little one seemed earnest. Excited. It costs so little to make him happy. Satisfy the request for rainbows. A little squid ink is easy enough to come by, and should more than suffice. Not to mention result in unfading purple, which is clearly the superior colour. If he's going to be making it home with an arts-and-crafts souvenir, he might as well make it look [i]good[/i]. And on the off chance it works? Well, it might even make [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52774907]Hal[/url] take a day off. Or, like, half a day. Definitely worth a try.
I don't usually do RP for stuff, but I can no longer resist

45130449_350.png

Aelroth watched the hatchling go with a lingering smile. Rainbows, huh?

He'd gone into this expecting nothing but an amusing scam. Invest some junk, get a story. And to be fair, he may yet prove to be right. But this little one seemed earnest. Excited. It costs so little to make him happy. Satisfy the request for rainbows.

A little squid ink is easy enough to come by, and should more than suffice. Not to mention result in unfading purple, which is clearly the superior colour. If he's going to be making it home with an arts-and-crafts souvenir, he might as well make it look good.

And on the off chance it works? Well, it might even make Hal take a day off. Or, like, half a day. Definitely worth a try.
34822.png Tower/Karak
they/it
+9h FR

Ping me!
----I'll miss your posts otherwise.----
* accent shop
* pure progen
lineage project

* wishlist
21402.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61177654][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/611777/61177654_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Jowee tapped his chin with one of his claws. Which color should he choose? “Hmm, well, orange would be interesting,” he eventually decided. “I’ll go check and see if I have anything of that color.”
61177654_350.png

Jowee tapped his chin with one of his claws. Which color should he choose?

“Hmm, well, orange would be interesting,” he eventually decided. “I’ll go check and see if I have anything of that color.”
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22