Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Kindomlocke - a hardcore hybrid-locke
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[emoji=firework size=1][color=red][size=4]ALERT!!! There's an updated forum! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3102226#post_3102226]Kingdomlocke 2.0![emoji=firework size=1] The updated forum has new updates to rolls and jobs! [indent][b]- [/b]Have you done an awesome pinkerlocke and/or fodderlocke but wished they had an end goal? [b]-[/b] Do you really want to pull your hair out for no good reason? [b]-[/b] Do you feel a tad bored with your lair and want some [i]spicy spice?[/i][/indent] --------- [center][emoji=gold crown size=1] [size=4][b]Kingdomlocke [/b][emoji=gold crown size=1][/size] Kingdomlocke is an unforgiving pinkerlocke / fodderlocke inspired hybrid.[/center] This challenge is meant to be [i]really [/i]hard. Your dragons can die really easily because it follows coolkid's pinkerlocke pulling and combines squidragon's fodderlocke events mixed with the added kingdomlocke rule set. The only part I really [i]created[/i] was the kingdomlocke rules and the pinkerlocke and fodderlocke additions are credited wholeheartedly to the original creators! [center][emoji=phoenix feather size=1][size=4][b]Getting Started[/b][emoji=phoenix feather size=1][/center]The challenge starts with 3 level 1 adult dragons. who are ready to breed. You select one of them to be the Royal. Starting tip: [i]You probably want to breed your royal right off the bat.[/i] You draw a Pinkerton pull each day to decide your dragon's fate. Your dragons also get jobs in the future to decide what else you can do daily. --------- [center][emoji=silver crown size=1] [size=4][b]Kingdomlocke Rules[/b][/size] [emoji=silver crown size=1] [/center] [LIST] [*][b]If a Dragon dies in Coli or in this challenge the dragon is exalted,[/b] unless they have extra lives or the rules state otherwise. [indent]Extra Lives mean even if your dragon dies, they come back from the dead once per life. For example, if they die in the coliseum they do not get exalted but lose life instead.[/indent] [*][b]If a dragon reaches level 10 it gains an extra life. The same goes for level 15. [/b] [*][b]If a dragon reaches 25 it "retires."[/b] This dragon is unable to die or be affected by challenges, locking in its job from being taken, however, it cannot battle in the coliseum or breed due to age. [size=2][i]You can still exalt the dragon and keep them alive in the challenge if you want sweet sweet cash.[/i] [*][b]Names are generated randomly without a naming scribe in your kingdom.[/b] [*][b]You cannot use genes or apparel on any dragon without the appropriate tailor / Alchemist jobs.[/b] If you pick up a gene or apparel in the coliseum, a dragon on your team at the time can use it right away if they want. You may use skins/accents at any time but they cannot be removed unless exalted. You can change battle stones at any time. [*][b]You must flip a coin for each egg hatched.[/b] [indent]Heads = Healthy Tails = Exalted[/indent] Likewise, it's dangerous in your kingdom's early days. [indent]Every day you must roll 6 sided dice for every hatchling in your lair. On a 1 the hatchling does not make it and is exalted. [/indent] [*][b]When a dragon reaches level 5 it must roll for a job.[/b] (Job list is below.) More than one dragon can have the same job, but the job rules do not double or stack. For example = Two Tailors do not equal two apparel a day. At level 15 your dragon can roll for a new job if you want. [*][b]If a dragon changes jobs through a challenge they keep the lives they have gained from their past job. [/b]Example: Knights get 3 extra lives and keep them if they quit and became a librarian. [*][b] except for the assassin, You don’t have to do dragon jobs daily if you don’t want to use them that day. [/b]Example: You can skip using the matchmaker if you don’t want to pair any dragons. [/LIST] [center][emoji=silver crown size=1][size=4][b]Winning[/b][emoji=silver crown size=1][/center] The challenge is won when you have [b]at least one dragon in all 20 jobs[/b] making a complete full kingdom [b]OR[/b] your [b]Royal levels up to 25.[/b] --------------- [center][size=4][emoji=sun size=1][b]Dailies[/b][emoji=sun size=1][/center] [b]Daily 1[/b]: Check current dragons with jobs. Some of them have daily things you can do. Check nests and roll for any hatchlings in your kingdom. [b]Daily 2[/b]: Pull from Pinkerton and follow the draw of fate for whatever you get! [indent][i]Note: Pinkerton sometimes labels trinkets and materials wrong. Check your hoard to make sure they're a material or trinket![/i][/indent] [color=blue]Optional Rule thought up by @Folktale: You can do multiple pulls in a day using Crim's collection cart in place of Pinkerton if you want a bit of a faster challenge! You still only have to roll for hatchings once a day if doing this.[/color] [br] [quote=Drops of Fate] [b]Food: Coliseum time![/b] [indent][b]Plants:[/b] 10-20 matches [b]Insects:[/b] 20-30 matches [b]Seafood:[/b] 30-40 matches [b]Meat:[/b] 40-50 matches You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the lowest level dragon of that group. (If a scout is in your lair then any venue can be selected.) If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regain health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate.[/indent] [b]Material / Trinket: Roll for a challenge[/b] (Edited from Fodderlocke for Kingdomlocke) Roll a 12-sided die. Your challenge is as follows: [quote=Material / Trinket rolls] [b]1. There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot.[/b] Pick two of your ready-to-breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them in a nest. The hatchlings, if they survive, join your kingdom. If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchling off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered! [b]2. There’s Romance in the air.[/b] Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a death bond and their fates are bound together. If one gets exalted, so does the other. [b]3. Hunting trip.[/b] Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop. Alternate Hunting Trip Variation (based on a suggestion by Alphazi) Roll 1d4: 1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar) 2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable) 3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone) 4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item) [b]4. Freeloader.[/b] Some random dragon is hanging around the kingdom. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult level 1 dragon off the AH. They join your kingdom. [b]5. Quest time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [b]6. Quest time! [/b]Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [b]7. Quest time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [b]8. The Plague![/b] A great sickness comes over your entire clan. Roll a 1d12 for every dragon including your royal. On a 1 the dragon does not survive or loses a life. [b]9. Backstabbing.[/b] Choose a dragon at random who is not the Royal. Exalt them. Bye. Alternate Honorable Duel Option (inspired by a suggestion by TheAwesoMew): Flip a coin, if heads, take two random not-leader dragons into the coli, and exalt whoever faints first. If tails, do the backstabbing as above. [b]10. Train the Newbies.[/b] Take all your level 4 or lower dragons and level them up one level. If you don’t have any, skip this roll. [b]11. I quit.[/b] Choose a dragon at random. That dragon hates their job and quits. They now have to roll for a new one. The Royal is exempt from this. [b]12. A coup![/b] Roll 3 d20s. If you roll a 1 with any of them then your kingdom has dramatically betrayed your Royal a la the ides of march and you must exalt them. The dragons elect a new Royal. Randomize a dragon from your kingdom to become the new Royal. ---------- [b]Optional:[/b] [i]for an easier mode you can follow standard pinkerton draws / alternate between the two. Write lore = Material Draw / Commission art = Trinket[/i][/quote] [b]Familiars:[/b] Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-18) to determine which breed you will get! 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak 15. Gaoler 16. Banescale 17. Obelisk 18. Veilspun [i]If not playing with ancient breeds, roll a 1-14.[/i] [b]Apparel:[/b] Romance! Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. [b]Battle items:[/b] UhOh. Flip a coin and follow the result. [b]Heads [/b]= Beast Clan Attack. The beast clans attack your kingdom in a full onslaught!!! Roll a 1d12 for every dragon including your royal. Any dragon who rolls a 1 is exalted or loses a life. [b]Tails[/b] = DEATH STREAK. Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Assassins are exempt. Fight in the coliseum at the highest dragons level using the "food" rules, 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. [/quote] ---------- [center][emoji=money bag size=1][size=4] [b]Jobs / Careers[/b] [emoji=money bag size=1][/center] Roll a 1d20 when a dragon reaches level 5 to get them a career! Dragons can optionally reroll for a new career at level 15. [quote=] [b]1. Assassin[/b] - Can you trust them? The beast clan hired this dragon to try and kill a member of your clan. Use a number generator to generate who is the target. Roll a d4 daily to see the result. [indent]1- The target is killed / minus a life. A new target is selected when no more lives remain. 2- The Assassin/Spy failed and was killed. 3- The Target got away. 4- The Target convinces the Assassin/Spy not to go through with the hit and redeems them into your clan. Assassins cannot enter the coliseum unless they have been redeemed into your clan.[/indent] [b]2. Tailor [/b]- Buttons and Thread! can give one dragon one piece of apparel a day. Apparel must be acquired in coli or alternatively, you can purchase a piece of apparel from the "marketplace"(any apparel in your hoard.) If purchased from the marketplace the tailor has to roll a 1d20 for travel. On a 1 the tailor dies on the journey. [i]If you don’t have a tailor you cannot give the kingdom apparel.[/i] [b]3. Knight[/b] - Lifts weights at the Sornieth gym daily. These dragons are really strong and get three lives instead of one. [b]4. Alchemist[/b] - For SCIENCE! can give one dragon one gene or breed change every day. If a dragon receives a gene/breed change they roll a d20. On a 1 the dragon dies in the experiment. If the dragons survive they gain an extra life. You cannot add more than 3 genes to a dragon. You can only change a dragon's breed once. [i]Genes and breeds cannot be changed without an Alchemist.[/i] [b]5. Doctor / Nurse / Healer[/b] - Keeper of the mighty bandaid. When a dragon dies on a coliseum team with the Doctor/Nurse/Healer you can flip a coin and see if you can heal them. If the doctor dies they cannot heal themselves. Heads = Live Tails = Die. [b]6. Familiar Caretaker[/b] - I hope you’re not allergic to pets. can give one dragon one familiar per day. Familiars are just for fun and don't add anything to the challenge. If you don’t have a familiar caretaker you cannot give the kingdom familiars. [b]7. Nesting-Helper[/b] - This egg is cuter than that one! Increase your hatchling's chances for survival! Instead of flipping a coin for each egg hatched, you roll a 1d4. On a 1 the hatchling is exalted. Instead of rolling a 1d6 daily for each hatchling who isn’t aged up, you roll a d12. On a 1 the hatchling is exalted. [b]8. Name Scribe[/b] - What an unfortunate name… Let's you choose the names of your dragons instead of generating them. You can also rename one dragon a day now! [b]9. Matchmaker[/b] - Pairing all dragons together! Matchmakers allow you to “match” dragons and create a permanent pair. Once a pair is permanent they can breed at any time, but cannot breed with any other dragons unless their spousal dragon dies. If either spousal dragon dies they have to flip a coin. on tails, they have a death bond Romeo and Juliet pact and are both exalted regardless of any lives. Matchmakers can make one pair a day. [b]10. Scout[/b] - What is that over there?! lets you choose what area in the coliseum you battle in. [b]11. Librarian[/b] - Nerd. No special rule. [b]12. Artist[/b] - Paint everywhere! No special rule. [b]13. Gardener[/b] - Nature holds the key. No special rule. [b]14. Carpenter[/b] - Makes really nice cabinets. Is that mahogany? No special rule. [b]15. Blacksmith[/b] - Rock and roll, mostly rock. No special rule. [b]16. Engineer[/b] - Don’t cut the blue wire. No special rule. [b]17. Sailor[/b] - Have you seen a Merdragon? No special rule. [b]18. Architect[/b] - Did you need that wall? No special rule. [b]19. Merchant[/b] - A bargain! No special rule. [b]20. Royal[/b] - The leader. There can only be one. If another dragon rolls for the leader while there is one already, the two dragons then battle, and a 4 sided dice is rolled to see what happens. [indent]1- Both dragons die. 2- The leader dies and the new leader is crowned. 3- The challenging dragon dies and the old leader continues his reign. 4- Misunderstanding. They choose not to duel and the leader lets them reroll for a career.[/indent] The royal is also responsible for populating your clan. They can nest at any time as soon as their cooldown is over. The royal is immune to death ONLY in the coli during food pulls or if otherwise specified. If your Royal is killed and there are no dragons to take the place, the challenge is over. Dragons who become Royal must quit their previous jobs. [/quote] -------- [b]Friendly Tips:[/b] You’re encouraged to write lore or at least small story-bite updates every day. This gets you attached to your dragons quicker for more [s]pain[/s] fun :D Your dragons will die. [i]Probably a lot.[/i] The brutality is part of the challenge and it's hard to even get a kingdom started. Restarting might happen more often than you think! This challenge can get [i]really[/i] complicated to track in later modes. I recommend keeping track of who can do what daily as well as pairs and extra lives in your own way. For example threads/dragon bios/personal journals/spreadsheets/etc. One of the fun [s]not frustrating at all[/s] parts is keeping track of the growing chaos. If you have questions feel free to ask me. I'm subbed to this thread and love being asked stuff. If the question is "why did you make this challenge" I have no answer for you. If you have to edit the challenge, add rules, or do whatever feel free! I technically just added a rule set to pinkerlocke and fodderlocke to try and combine them in an unforgiving way. You can change it to fit your own play style. Happy trails.
ALERT!!! There's an updated forum! Kingdomlocke 2.0!
The updated forum has new updates to rolls and jobs!

- Have you done an awesome pinkerlocke and/or fodderlocke but wished they had an end goal?
- Do you really want to pull your hair out for no good reason?
- Do you feel a tad bored with your lair and want some spicy spice?

Kingdomlocke
Kingdomlocke is an unforgiving pinkerlocke / fodderlocke inspired hybrid.
This challenge is meant to be really hard. Your dragons can die really easily because it follows coolkid's pinkerlocke pulling and combines squidragon's fodderlocke events mixed with the added kingdomlocke rule set.
The only part I really created was the kingdomlocke rules and the pinkerlocke and fodderlocke additions are credited wholeheartedly to the original creators!
Getting Started
The challenge starts with 3 level 1 adult dragons. who are ready to breed. You select one of them to be the Royal. Starting tip: You probably want to breed your royal right off the bat.
You draw a Pinkerton pull each day to decide your dragon's fate. Your dragons also get jobs in the future to decide what else you can do daily.
Kingdomlocke Rules
  • If a Dragon dies in Coli or in this challenge the dragon is exalted, unless they have extra lives or the rules state otherwise.
    Extra Lives mean even if your dragon dies, they come back from the dead once per life. For example, if they die in the coliseum they do not get exalted but lose life instead.
  • If a dragon reaches level 10 it gains an extra life. The same goes for level 15.
  • If a dragon reaches 25 it "retires." This dragon is unable to die or be affected by challenges, locking in its job from being taken, however, it cannot battle in the coliseum or breed due to age. You can still exalt the dragon and keep them alive in the challenge if you want sweet sweet cash.
  • Names are generated randomly without a naming scribe in your kingdom.
  • You cannot use genes or apparel on any dragon without the appropriate tailor / Alchemist jobs. If you pick up a gene or apparel in the coliseum, a dragon on your team at the time can use it right away if they want. You may use skins/accents at any time but they cannot be removed unless exalted. You can change battle stones at any time.
  • You must flip a coin for each egg hatched.
    Heads = Healthy
    Tails = Exalted
    Likewise, it's dangerous in your kingdom's early days.
    Every day you must roll 6 sided dice for every hatchling in your lair. On a 1 the hatchling does not make it and is exalted.
  • When a dragon reaches level 5 it must roll for a job. (Job list is below.)
    More than one dragon can have the same job, but the job rules do not double or stack. For example = Two Tailors do not equal two apparel a day. At level 15 your dragon can roll for a new job if you want.
  • If a dragon changes jobs through a challenge they keep the lives they have gained from their past job. Example: Knights get 3 extra lives and keep them if they quit and became a librarian.
  • except for the assassin, You don’t have to do dragon jobs daily if you don’t want to use them that day. Example: You can skip using the matchmaker if you don’t want to pair any dragons.
Winning
The challenge is won when you have at least one dragon in all 20 jobs making a complete full kingdom OR your Royal levels up to 25.
Dailies
Daily 1: Check current dragons with jobs. Some of them have daily things you can do. Check nests and roll for any hatchlings in your kingdom.
Daily 2: Pull from Pinkerton and follow the draw of fate for whatever you get!
Note: Pinkerton sometimes labels trinkets and materials wrong. Check your hoard to make sure they're a material or trinket!

Optional Rule thought up by @Folktale: You can do multiple pulls in a day using Crim's collection cart in place of Pinkerton if you want a bit of a faster challenge! You still only have to roll for hatchings once a day if doing this.

Drops of Fate wrote:
Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the lowest level dragon of that group. (If a scout is in your lair then any venue can be selected.) If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regain health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate.

Material / Trinket: Roll for a challenge (Edited from Fodderlocke for Kingdomlocke)
Roll a 12-sided die. Your challenge is as follows:
Material / Trinket rolls wrote:
1. There’s a scandal (or romance) afoot. Pick two of your ready-to-breed dragons at random if you have any. Put them in a nest. The hatchlings, if they survive, join your kingdom.
If nobody is ready to breed, grab a random hatchling off the AH. A secret forbidden child or sibling has been uncovered!

2. There’s Romance in the air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a death bond and their fates are bound together. If one gets exalted, so does the other.

3. Hunting trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. (Your choice). Go until you get a familiar drop.
Alternate Hunting Trip Variation (based on a suggestion by Alphazi) Roll 1d4:
1) Hunting Trip (Look for a familiar)
2) Treasure Hunt (Look for a chest or other openable)
3) Stocking up on Supplies (Look for a battlestone)
4) Costume Shopping (Look for an apparel item)

4. Freeloader. Some random dragon is hanging around the kingdom. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult level 1 dragon off the AH. They join your kingdom.

5. Quest time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

6. Quest time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

7. Quest time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.

8. The Plague! A great sickness comes over your entire clan. Roll a 1d12 for every dragon including your royal. On a 1 the dragon does not survive or loses a life.

9. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the Royal. Exalt them. Bye.
Alternate Honorable Duel Option (inspired by a suggestion by TheAwesoMew): Flip a coin, if heads, take two random not-leader dragons into the coli, and exalt whoever faints first. If tails, do the backstabbing as above.

10. Train the Newbies. Take all your level 4 or lower dragons and level them up one level. If you don’t have any, skip this roll.

11. I quit. Choose a dragon at random. That dragon hates their job and quits. They now have to roll for a new one. The Royal is exempt from this.

12. A coup! Roll 3 d20s. If you roll a 1 with any of them then your kingdom has dramatically betrayed your Royal a la the ides of march and you must exalt them. The dragons elect a new Royal. Randomize a dragon from your kingdom to become the new Royal.
Optional: for an easier mode you can follow standard pinkerton draws / alternate between the two.
Write lore = Material
Draw / Commission art = Trinket

Familiars: Buy the cheapest level 1 dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-18) to determine which breed you will get!

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Gaoler
16. Banescale
17. Obelisk
18. Veilspun

If not playing with ancient breeds, roll a 1-14.

Apparel: Romance! Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you.

Battle items: UhOh. Flip a coin and follow the result.
Heads = Beast Clan Attack. The beast clans attack your kingdom in a full onslaught!!! Roll a 1d12 for every dragon including your royal. Any dragon who rolls a 1 is exalted or loses a life.
Tails = DEATH STREAK. Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Assassins are exempt. Fight in the coliseum at the highest dragons level using the "food" rules, 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

Jobs / Careers
Roll a 1d20 when a dragon reaches level 5 to get them a career! Dragons can optionally reroll for a new career at level 15.
wrote:
1. Assassin - Can you trust them?
The beast clan hired this dragon to try and kill a member of your clan. Use a number generator to generate who is the target. Roll a d4 daily to see the result.
1- The target is killed / minus a life. A new target is selected when no more lives remain.
2- The Assassin/Spy failed and was killed.
3- The Target got away.
4- The Target convinces the Assassin/Spy not to go through with the hit and redeems them into your clan.
Assassins cannot enter the coliseum unless they have been redeemed into your clan.

2. Tailor - Buttons and Thread!
can give one dragon one piece of apparel a day. Apparel must be acquired in coli or alternatively, you can purchase a piece of apparel from the "marketplace"(any apparel in your hoard.) If purchased from the marketplace the tailor has to roll a 1d20 for travel. On a 1 the tailor dies on the journey.
If you don’t have a tailor you cannot give the kingdom apparel.

3. Knight - Lifts weights at the Sornieth gym daily.
These dragons are really strong and get three lives instead of one.

4. Alchemist - For SCIENCE!
can give one dragon one gene or breed change every day. If a dragon receives a gene/breed change they roll a d20. On a 1 the dragon dies in the experiment. If the dragons survive they gain an extra life. You cannot add more than 3 genes to a dragon. You can only change a dragon's breed once.
Genes and breeds cannot be changed without an Alchemist.

5. Doctor / Nurse / Healer - Keeper of the mighty bandaid.
When a dragon dies on a coliseum team with the Doctor/Nurse/Healer you can flip a coin and see if you can heal them. If the doctor dies they cannot heal themselves.
Heads = Live
Tails = Die.

6. Familiar Caretaker - I hope you’re not allergic to pets.
can give one dragon one familiar per day. Familiars are just for fun and don't add anything to the challenge.
If you don’t have a familiar caretaker you cannot give the kingdom familiars.

7. Nesting-Helper - This egg is cuter than that one!
Increase your hatchling's chances for survival!
Instead of flipping a coin for each egg hatched, you roll a 1d4. On a 1 the hatchling is exalted.
Instead of rolling a 1d6 daily for each hatchling who isn’t aged up, you roll a d12. On a 1 the hatchling is exalted.

8. Name Scribe - What an unfortunate name…
Let's you choose the names of your dragons instead of generating them. You can also rename one dragon a day now!

9. Matchmaker - Pairing all dragons together!
Matchmakers allow you to “match” dragons and create a permanent pair. Once a pair is permanent they can breed at any time, but cannot breed with any other dragons unless their spousal dragon dies. If either spousal dragon dies they have to flip a coin. on tails, they have a death bond Romeo and Juliet pact and are both exalted regardless of any lives. Matchmakers can make one pair a day.

10. Scout - What is that over there?!
lets you choose what area in the coliseum you battle in.

11. Librarian - Nerd.
No special rule.

12. Artist - Paint everywhere!
No special rule.

13. Gardener - Nature holds the key.
No special rule.

14. Carpenter - Makes really nice cabinets. Is that mahogany?
No special rule.

15. Blacksmith - Rock and roll, mostly rock.
No special rule.

16. Engineer - Don’t cut the blue wire.
No special rule.

17. Sailor - Have you seen a Merdragon?
No special rule.

18. Architect - Did you need that wall?
No special rule.

19. Merchant - A bargain!
No special rule.

20. Royal - The leader.
There can only be one. If another dragon rolls for the leader while there is one already, the two dragons then battle, and a 4 sided dice is rolled to see what happens.
1- Both dragons die.
2- The leader dies and the new leader is crowned.
3- The challenging dragon dies and the old leader continues his reign.
4- Misunderstanding. They choose not to duel and the leader lets them reroll for a career.
The royal is also responsible for populating your clan. They can nest at any time as soon as their cooldown is over.
The royal is immune to death ONLY in the coli during food pulls or if otherwise specified. If your Royal is killed and there are no dragons to take the place, the challenge is over. Dragons who become Royal must quit their previous jobs.

Friendly Tips:
You’re encouraged to write lore or at least small story-bite updates every day. This gets you attached to your dragons quicker for more pain fun :D

Your dragons will die. Probably a lot. The brutality is part of the challenge and it's hard to even get a kingdom started. Restarting might happen more often than you think!

This challenge can get really complicated to track in later modes. I recommend keeping track of who can do what daily as well as pairs and extra lives in your own way. For example threads/dragon bios/personal journals/spreadsheets/etc. One of the fun not frustrating at all parts is keeping track of the growing chaos.

If you have questions feel free to ask me. I'm subbed to this thread and love being asked stuff. If the question is "why did you make this challenge" I have no answer for you.

If you have to edit the challenge, add rules, or do whatever feel free! I technically just added a rule set to pinkerlocke and fodderlocke to try and combine them in an unforgiving way. You can change it to fit your own play style.
Happy trails.

FR +3
[center][url=https://discord.gg/MUAKT9bwsp]Kingdomlocke Discord Server[/url] [img]https://i.ibb.co/p0T6QZQ/kisspng-discord-computer-icons-logo-computer-software-5af6ee332653a4-233802591526132275157.png[/img] Hosted by Jaspernoir Come and hang out with the Kingdomlockers! :D ------- [size=4][b]Winners of the Kingdom[/b][/center] ----------- Let me know if you won! I'll put your name down. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. [center][size=4][b]People Building Kingdoms[/b][/center] ------------- [LIST] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3091837/1#post_3091837]The Pillow Fort, by amubun (me!)[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3092358#post_3092358]Coat of Arms: a Kingdomlocke by Seabluewolf[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093117#post_3093117]Rosethorn Valley: A Kingdomlocke challenge by Folktale[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3092596/1#post_3092596][kingdomlocke] gardens and ruins by worme[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093261][Kingdomlocke] The Fact It Rains by apneic[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093312#post_3093312]dark intentions [ kingdomlocke ] by Necralisk[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093247][Mafia Kingdomlocke] THE GODFATHERS by naranciag[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093594][Kingdomlocke] The Silent Isle by DaDragon[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093772/1#post_3093772][Kingdomlocke] Songs on the Sandwastes by Venusian[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093868/1#post_3093868][Kingdomlocke] The Land of Sweets by fluteloops0329[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3094009] [kingdomlocke] United as One by Uyi[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3094134#post_3094134][Kingdomlocke] Art Unbound by StarDay[/url] - Temorary Hiatus [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3093845#post_3093845][kingdomlocke] dawn's calling by LadySpibe[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3095169#post_3095169][kingdomlocke] in darkness, i dream by Hyenalope[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3094809#post_3094809]Rebuild Our Realm [Kingdomlocke]by DeathSpecter[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3095767/1#post_3095767]Murky Waters: A Kingdomlocke by Adaejha[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3096129/1#post_3096129][Kingdomlocke] Of Sticks and Stones by St0rmy[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3096640/1#post_3096640][Kingdomlocke] From Fodder to Fortune by pancakeswithabs[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3096698#post_3096698][Kingdomlocke] And I Must Scream by Pikabolt[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3096540/1#post_50112005][kingdomlocke] till breath it shreds by VoidSauce[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3096618#post_3096618][Kingdomlocke] Breath easy, and take aim by MotherMalice[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3095999/1#post_3095999]The Queen is Dead -- A Kingdomlocke by TheAwesoMew[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3097194#post_3097194]ReedCleft Cliff Kingdomlocke by LunarFlower[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3098511#post_3098511][ Kingdomlocke ] on the edge of sleep by Snorkel[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3099202#post_3099202][Kingdomlocke] Kingdom of Thorns by SuzyChi[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3099165#post_3099165][K] Alstroemeria kingdom by Jaspernoir[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3097816/1#post_50151445][kingdomlocke] From Ashes and Dust by KittyCowLexa[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3099618/1#post_3099618][kingdomlocke] the moon has gone to bed by elysifish[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3099406#post_3099406][Kingdomlocke] The Dead Zone by imginate[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3099223#post_3099223]Rising of Moonlight- A Kingdomlocke by StarlightDragon7[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3097476/1#post_3097476][kingdomlocke] The Glade by gossenpoet[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3100521#post_3100521][Kingdomlocke] Rose Rot by rottsonrosen[/url] [/LIST] [size=2][b]Let me know if you're doing the challenge and I'll link your thread below / Put your name down![/b] I'll also just put your challenge here if I see it but let me know if you would like me to remove it. (I'll remove any ones that have been inactive for a good while automatically.) Also if you do a kingdomlocke feel free to add me to the pinglist for yours! I love love love seeing these and I can never get too many kingdomlocke alerts![/size]
Kingdomlocke Discord Server
kisspng-discord-computer-icons-logo-computer-software-5af6ee332653a4-233802591526132275157.png
Hosted by Jaspernoir
Come and hang out with the Kingdomlockers! :D
Winners of the Kingdom

Let me know if you won! I'll put your name down.

People Building Kingdoms

Let me know if you're doing the challenge and I'll link your thread below / Put your name down! I'll also just put your challenge here if I see it but let me know if you would like me to remove it.
(I'll remove any ones that have been inactive for a good while automatically.)

Also if you do a kingdomlocke feel free to add me to the pinglist for yours! I love love love seeing these and I can never get too many kingdomlocke alerts!
FR +3
Ok. It's done.
Ok. It's done.
FR +3
ooo i got here from your thread, and this is pretty neat! i've been teetering on the edge of making a pinkerlocke, but this looks more fun tbh (plus the kingdom aspect would fit my lore...) gonna have to give it try!
ooo i got here from your thread, and this is pretty neat! i've been teetering on the edge of making a pinkerlocke, but this looks more fun tbh (plus the kingdom aspect would fit my lore...) gonna have to give it try!
FObX7rS.png
J7D1quC.png
QUIpVFE.png
if i dont reply..^^^ thats why so feel free to ping
@worme thanks! It's brutal so far on my side so I hope Pinkerton is nice to you. If you want, let me know if you make a thread or start one and I'll add you to the list above! :D
@worme thanks! It's brutal so far on my side so I hope Pinkerton is nice to you. If you want, let me know if you make a thread or start one and I'll add you to the list above! :D
FR +3
Query: if your kingdom is young and nobody has reached lvl 5 yet to be assigned a job, would rolling the “I quit” outcome for trinket/materials mean you skip the turn?
Query: if your kingdom is young and nobody has reached lvl 5 yet to be assigned a job, would rolling the “I quit” outcome for trinket/materials mean you skip the turn?
@Folktale
Good question! You could skip if you just wanted an easy safe non-murderous day, but you could also just reroll the 12 sided dice. It depends on what the people taking the challenge felt like doing I guess? I don't mind skipping though because if I did skip I'd still probably try to write a chunk of lore or do some art, that way I'm still contributing something to the challenge and my dragons live another day. :D
@Folktale
Good question! You could skip if you just wanted an easy safe non-murderous day, but you could also just reroll the 12 sided dice. It depends on what the people taking the challenge felt like doing I guess? I don't mind skipping though because if I did skip I'd still probably try to write a chunk of lore or do some art, that way I'm still contributing something to the challenge and my dragons live another day. :D
FR +3
Thanks for the clarity! These rules are such a blast. I think I have to try this myself....!
Thanks for the clarity! These rules are such a blast. I think I have to try this myself....!
@Folktale If you do add me to your pinglist! I love seeing other peoples take on this challenge :D
@Folktale If you do add me to your pinglist! I love seeing other peoples take on this challenge :D
FR +3
oh this looks super fun, i'll def be thinking of doing one of these... possibly with a crime family type twist instead of just royalty!
oh this looks super fun, i'll def be thinking of doing one of these... possibly with a crime family type twist instead of just royalty!
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread