Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 249 250
Ouch, the fact that the encounter with Hellebore seemingly went well at first made Teddy's death all the more painful. ='( *hugs crew, with extra-warm hugs for Crevasse*
Ouch, the fact that the encounter with Hellebore seemingly went well at first made Teddy's death all the more painful. ='( *hugs crew, with extra-warm hugs for Crevasse*
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Ah c'mon not Teddy [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1]
Ah c'mon not Teddy
6klg2iF.png
Nooo! Not Teddy! D; Hopefully his death won't drag down the pirate crew too badly.
Nooo! Not Teddy! D; Hopefully his death won't drag down the pirate crew too badly.
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
NOOOOOO
My heart dropped when I saw the pull was a death streak. Rip Teddy, you will be dearly missed :"(
NOOOOOO
My heart dropped when I saw the pull was a death streak. Rip Teddy, you will be dearly missed :"(
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

I’m going to murder that brightly coloured chicken how dare-
I’m going to murder that brightly coloured chicken how dare-
@Disillusionist

I miss him already :(

@Vespertilio

If I had any say in the matter, but Pinkerton has a firm grip on this story.

@Lixue

It's definitely going to change things for them.

@Tirtouga678

Mine too... And here I spent all this time complaining about all the writing pulls!

@Wufflesnuff

ksdhfjkshfjksdhfjksd "Brightly coloured chicken" cracked me up!
@Disillusionist

I miss him already :(

@Vespertilio

If I had any say in the matter, but Pinkerton has a firm grip on this story.

@Lixue

It's definitely going to change things for them.

@Tirtouga678

Mine too... And here I spent all this time complaining about all the writing pulls!

@Wufflesnuff

ksdhfjkshfjksdhfjksd "Brightly coloured chicken" cracked me up!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/41#post_50086189]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 48: A Pirate's Burial[/u][/b] [item=ghastly houndskull] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73246131][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73246131&skin=0&apparel=15710,15701,15726,29008,10369,3697&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74453152][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=74453152&skin=0&apparel=10398,10377,20830,41630,3620,3619,10372,10744&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72779767][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=72779767&skin=0&apparel=42698,30550,5159,2318,35010,26941&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Canela, Tyrian and Crevasse found themselves deciding to bring Teddy's body to the sea for a proper pirate's burial. Despite the fact he had been born in the nature flight, it didn't seem right to give him a nature burial. Not to mention, burning him would prevent him from being at risk for forming an emperor should his body come in contact with another imperial's. The other dragons of The Refuge had been kind enough to join them. Canela was deeply touched by their kindness. Teddy had kept to himself mostly, only ever interacting with his crew, and yet they were willing to leave their home to see him off. Even Sage was leaving The Refuge. Clove has stayed home with the nocturne trio to keep the grand tree safe. Despite the fact Canela knew part of this was to keep them safe from Hellebore, it was a grand gesture. With them, they brought a large plank of wood. They didn't have a lifeboat for him, so this was the next best thing. When they reached the edge of the Viridian Labyrinth, they lay the board in the choppy waters and set Teddy's body on top of it. Sage and Alps had alternated carrying it most of the way, seeing as they were the only two large enough to carry it. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73734606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2230014&skin=0&apparel=42930,30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,42932,21806&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73747671][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Does anyone want to say any words?" Sage asked as she stepped away. Tyrian was the first to respond, stepping forward and beginning a haunting melody, singing a melancholy shanty to see her captain off. She made eye contact with Canela, who took the cue to step up. "I know you didn't believe it, but you were an amazing captain. The fact that you mourned each and every loss shows how much you care for your crew. I knew we could trust you absolutely, because I knew if you made the wrong choice, you would do everything you could to correct it," She said, feeling a lump in her throat as tears began again. "Your final act as captain was to save my life. Any pirate would be lucky to have a captain like you. We live on because of you." As she devolved into tears, Tyrian moved forward to wrap herself around her, eyes also sparkling with tears as she sang on, her voice only slightly wavering. Though Canela knew it was not intentional, it made the song all the more beautiful, like a trill. Crevasse stepped forward next. "Teddy, you meant so much to me, and it hurt to see that you did not see yourself as I saw you," He began, his eye lights dimming as he spoke, "You only saw your deficits, but in you, I saw your strengths. I know we were never going to have the sort of relationship we wanted, but I was more than happy just being friends. It breaks my heart to see you go so soon, to have to live the rest of my life without you, to not see you fall in love, have hatchlings, to not see you regain the wind under your wings and become the fearsome pirate captain you were always meant to be. But I know, whatever deity holds you now, they are lucky to have you, and I will live a life you would be proud of." As Crevasse finished up, the other members of the Refuge stepped forward and said a few touching words. Once everyone had finished, Burns stepped forward, casting a questioning glance at the pirates. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74014996][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2658003&skin=0&apparel=23290,28150,24519&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Crevasse nodded, and Burns let out a large, fiery breath, and set the makeshift burial boat ablaze. He then nudged them out to see, and the gathered dragons watched as it drifted further away, sending sparks into the sky. They did not tear their eyes away until they could no longer see it, the pinprick of fiery light disappearing against the horizon, either having drifted to far or burned out completely. "We need a new captain," Crevasse said. "We are still pirates, after all. I vote Canela." "Me?" The pearlcatcher was taken aback. She had been distracted adding a new layer of goo to her pearl. "Of course, you'd make an excellent captain! I want no one else leading us once we get a new ship!" Tyrian agreed. "Oh, my, I never expected-" Canela stammered, interrupted by a new wave of goo at this monumental moment. She took a moment to smooth it on. "Of course I will, if that is what you truly want." She moved forward to hug her friends, unintentionally leaving pawprints of goo on their shoulders. "You know what? I think we should leave this on!" Tyrian grinned. "A mark of being on Canela's crew." The pirate crew took a few more moments together, grieving the loss of their captain and celebrating the appointment of their new one. The other dragons gave them plenty of space, until the sun began to set and Alps stepped forward. "We should look for shelter for the night, then we can start our journey back tomorrow." Alps said, dipping his head respectfully. "If you are ready to move on." "Yes, of course, let's find shelter. I don't want the night to find us here," Canela agreed, pulling herself up to a greater height than she had ever held herself before, already allowing the sense of authority to fill her. It was an unusual sensation, but not an unpleasant one. She would have to get used to it. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/43#post_50115403]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui @Crescentstar711 @sedge122 @Vespertilio @Lixue @DiamondDogg[/center] ----- And so Teddy has been sent off and a new captain has been appointed! School has been rough, everyone. One of my classes gave me over 30 materials to read or watch this week, several of them being videos or podcasts that were over an hour long. It's ridiculous. So, posting might be a little sporadic from here on out, but it is a good release so I will do it when I can.

Day 48: A Pirate's Burial
Ghastly Houndskull
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=73246131&skin=0&apparel=15710,15701,15726,29008,10369,3697&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=74453152&skin=0&apparel=10398,10377,20830,41630,3620,3619,10372,10744&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=72779767&skin=0&apparel=42698,30550,5159,2318,35010,26941&xt=dressing.png

Canela, Tyrian and Crevasse found themselves deciding to bring Teddy's body to the sea for a proper pirate's burial. Despite the fact he had been born in the nature flight, it didn't seem right to give him a nature burial. Not to mention, burning him would prevent him from being at risk for forming an emperor should his body come in contact with another imperial's.

The other dragons of The Refuge had been kind enough to join them. Canela was deeply touched by their kindness. Teddy had kept to himself mostly, only ever interacting with his crew, and yet they were willing to leave their home to see him off. Even Sage was leaving The Refuge. Clove has stayed home with the nocturne trio to keep the grand tree safe. Despite the fact Canela knew part of this was to keep them safe from Hellebore, it was a grand gesture.

With them, they brought a large plank of wood. They didn't have a lifeboat for him, so this was the next best thing.

When they reached the edge of the Viridian Labyrinth, they lay the board in the choppy waters and set Teddy's body on top of it. Sage and Alps had alternated carrying it most of the way, seeing as they were the only two large enough to carry it.
scry?sdid=2230014&skin=0&apparel=42930,30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,42932,21806&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=73747671&skin=36039&apparel=23109,23108,23093&xt=dressing.png

"Does anyone want to say any words?" Sage asked as she stepped away.

Tyrian was the first to respond, stepping forward and beginning a haunting melody, singing a melancholy shanty to see her captain off. She made eye contact with Canela, who took the cue to step up.

"I know you didn't believe it, but you were an amazing captain. The fact that you mourned each and every loss shows how much you care for your crew. I knew we could trust you absolutely, because I knew if you made the wrong choice, you would do everything you could to correct it," She said, feeling a lump in her throat as tears began again. "Your final act as captain was to save my life. Any pirate would be lucky to have a captain like you. We live on because of you."

As she devolved into tears, Tyrian moved forward to wrap herself around her, eyes also sparkling with tears as she sang on, her voice only slightly wavering. Though Canela knew it was not intentional, it made the song all the more beautiful, like a trill.

Crevasse stepped forward next.

"Teddy, you meant so much to me, and it hurt to see that you did not see yourself as I saw you," He began, his eye lights dimming as he spoke, "You only saw your deficits, but in you, I saw your strengths. I know we were never going to have the sort of relationship we wanted, but I was more than happy just being friends. It breaks my heart to see you go so soon, to have to live the rest of my life without you, to not see you fall in love, have hatchlings, to not see you regain the wind under your wings and become the fearsome pirate captain you were always meant to be. But I know, whatever deity holds you now, they are lucky to have you, and I will live a life you would be proud of."

As Crevasse finished up, the other members of the Refuge stepped forward and said a few touching words. Once everyone had finished, Burns stepped forward, casting a questioning glance at the pirates.
scry?sdid=2658003&skin=0&apparel=23290,28150,24519&xt=dressing.png

Crevasse nodded, and Burns let out a large, fiery breath, and set the makeshift burial boat ablaze. He then nudged them out to see, and the gathered dragons watched as it drifted further away, sending sparks into the sky. They did not tear their eyes away until they could no longer see it, the pinprick of fiery light disappearing against the horizon, either having drifted to far or burned out completely.

"We need a new captain," Crevasse said. "We are still pirates, after all. I vote Canela."

"Me?" The pearlcatcher was taken aback. She had been distracted adding a new layer of goo to her pearl.

"Of course, you'd make an excellent captain! I want no one else leading us once we get a new ship!" Tyrian agreed.

"Oh, my, I never expected-" Canela stammered, interrupted by a new wave of goo at this monumental moment. She took a moment to smooth it on. "Of course I will, if that is what you truly want." She moved forward to hug her friends, unintentionally leaving pawprints of goo on their shoulders.

"You know what? I think we should leave this on!" Tyrian grinned. "A mark of being on Canela's crew."

The pirate crew took a few more moments together, grieving the loss of their captain and celebrating the appointment of their new one. The other dragons gave them plenty of space, until the sun began to set and Alps stepped forward.

"We should look for shelter for the night, then we can start our journey back tomorrow." Alps said, dipping his head respectfully. "If you are ready to move on."

"Yes, of course, let's find shelter. I don't want the night to find us here," Canela agreed, pulling herself up to a greater height than she had ever held herself before, already allowing the sense of authority to fill her. It was an unusual sensation, but not an unpleasant one. She would have to get used to it.

And so Teddy has been sent off and a new captain has been appointed!

School has been rough, everyone. One of my classes gave me over 30 materials to read or watch this week, several of them being videos or podcasts that were over an hour long. It's ridiculous. So, posting might be a little sporadic from here on out, but it is a good release so I will do it when I can.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
*salutes*

All hail the new captain!

Good luck for school!! If it helps, I sometimes double task and read materials while watching lesson videos to speed up the process. Take your time with posting! RL comes first.
*salutes*

All hail the new captain!

Good luck for school!! If it helps, I sometimes double task and read materials while watching lesson videos to speed up the process. Take your time with posting! RL comes first.
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

Aaaaa,,,, this was such a good update. It's really sad to see Teddy go, but I'm really glad he got a proper send-off. Canela will be a great captain <3

Also, don't worry about less sporadic updates. Especially since what you're having to deal with from your school sounds like an absolute nightmare, my gosh!! I'm fine with updates being less frequent! <3
Aaaaa,,,, this was such a good update. It's really sad to see Teddy go, but I'm really glad he got a proper send-off. Canela will be a great captain <3

Also, don't worry about less sporadic updates. Especially since what you're having to deal with from your school sounds like an absolute nightmare, my gosh!! I'm fine with updates being less frequent! <3
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
@Tirtouga678

I am so excited for her to be captain! I didn't realize until after Teddy was gone how great a captain she would be!

I played some animal crossing while watching the videos today, so that was helpful! Thanks for the tips!

@sedge122

I definitely think Teddy was gone to soon, we had him less than a month! But I am glad to hear that I did his send-off justice.

Thank you! It really is a nightmare, this is like 10x heavier than any other class I have had. I can't wait to graduate and have my degree...
@Tirtouga678

I am so excited for her to be captain! I didn't realize until after Teddy was gone how great a captain she would be!

I played some animal crossing while watching the videos today, so that was helpful! Thanks for the tips!

@sedge122

I definitely think Teddy was gone to soon, we had him less than a month! But I am glad to hear that I did his send-off justice.

Thank you! It really is a nightmare, this is like 10x heavier than any other class I have had. I can't wait to graduate and have my degree...
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 249 250