Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Traitors [Coliborn]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][size=6][b]Day 8[/b][/size][/center] ----- [size=2]@Akia @jumbledbyrd[/size] Notable Drops: [item=djamor bat][item=blueband duelist][item=ostreatus bat] Time spent: 15 minutes (would have been longer but my internet's trash) ----- [center]The scroll crinkled in her shaking claws. Standing in front of her was about thirty or so dragons, every member of the Clan of the Fallen Giant. Fungi looked at Ramati beside her. The Skydancer nodded, as if she was saying she was on her side. Fungi cleared her throat, and began reading. "As some of you know, our Plague representative, Fester, has gone missing. What you don't know is that so have the other members of the Council." A few murmurs could be heard in the crowd. [i]Just read the words on the parchment,[/i] Fungi told herself. "This is because of the Banescale you've heard about. They taunted our Council members into attempting to overthrow me, but thankfully our guards chased them out." It was for the best the other dragons didn't know about the wishes. They may not be as ambitious as the ex-representatives, but who knows how a wish of theirs could backfire? "Now our clan is weaker than ever before, but worry not. The Banescale has given us a way to become stronger without those... traitors!" The word left a foul taste in Fungi's mouth. "We just need... uh..." Were the faces in the crowd glaring at her? Did their speech contain mentions of an uprising? Everything was becoming blurry and hazy, and Fungi's thoughts were running a mile per minute. A warmth on her shoulder appeared, and she was back to normal. Ramati took her talon off the Pearlcatcher and stepped forward. "As the leader was saying, we need an egg and runestone of each element, all found while fighting enemies. Our current priority is for Earth. I will accompany some of our strongest fighters to the caves soon. However, do not hesitate to contact me or the leader should you find an egg while slaying foes." Ramati's voice filled the room, commanding, but reassuring. The crowd, once anxious and afraid, had calmed. "I know you all may be scared, having our representatives gone, but remember: we, as a clan- no. We as a family are many times stronger than any of those fools who've betrayed us. And once we gather our new representatives, I will see that these traitors get what they deserve! They are nothing against the likes of us!" The crowd roared. A few individual voices could be heard, shouting about how 'they were the strongest' or 'the traitors will burn'. But the loudest voices, at least to Fungi, were the ones praising Ramati. The dragon in question turned around. "Don't worry," she said in a tone loud enough for only the two to hear. "Any one of them wouldn't have a fraction of the courage it took to give this news." Fungi wanted to believe that.[/center]
Day 8

@Akia @jumbledbyrd

Notable Drops:
Djamor Bat Blueband Duelist Ostreatus Bat
Time spent: 15 minutes (would have been longer but my internet's trash)

The scroll crinkled in her shaking claws. Standing in front of her was about thirty or so dragons, every member of the Clan of the Fallen Giant. Fungi looked at Ramati beside her. The Skydancer nodded, as if she was saying she was on her side. Fungi cleared her throat, and began reading.

"As some of you know, our Plague representative, Fester, has gone missing. What you don't know is that so have the other members of the Council." A few murmurs could be heard in the crowd. Just read the words on the parchment, Fungi told herself. "This is because of the Banescale you've heard about. They taunted our Council members into attempting to overthrow me, but thankfully our guards chased them out." It was for the best the other dragons didn't know about the wishes. They may not be as ambitious as the ex-representatives, but who knows how a wish of theirs could backfire?

"Now our clan is weaker than ever before, but worry not. The Banescale has given us a way to become stronger without those... traitors!" The word left a foul taste in Fungi's mouth. "We just need... uh..." Were the faces in the crowd glaring at her? Did their speech contain mentions of an uprising? Everything was becoming blurry and hazy, and Fungi's thoughts were running a mile per minute. A warmth on her shoulder appeared, and she was back to normal.

Ramati took her talon off the Pearlcatcher and stepped forward. "As the leader was saying, we need an egg and runestone of each element, all found while fighting enemies. Our current priority is for Earth. I will accompany some of our strongest fighters to the caves soon. However, do not hesitate to contact me or the leader should you find an egg while slaying foes." Ramati's voice filled the room, commanding, but reassuring. The crowd, once anxious and afraid, had calmed.

"I know you all may be scared, having our representatives gone, but remember: we, as a clan- no. We as a family are many times stronger than any of those fools who've betrayed us. And once we gather our new representatives, I will see that these traitors get what they deserve! They are nothing against the likes of us!"

The crowd roared. A few individual voices could be heard, shouting about how 'they were the strongest' or 'the traitors will burn'. But the loudest voices, at least to Fungi, were the ones praising Ramati. The dragon in question turned around. "Don't worry," she said in a tone loud enough for only the two to hear. "Any one of them wouldn't have a fraction of the courage it took to give this news."

Fungi wanted to believe that.

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center][size=6][b]Day 9[/b][/size][/center] ----- [size=2]@Akia @jumbledbyrd[/size] Notable Drops: [item=boulder bolt][item=aid][item=winterwatcher's arctic boots][item=shock][item=simple darksteel wing bangles][item=eliminate][item=drown][item=djamor bat]x2[item=blue dragon reef snail][item=cursed crate][item=congeal][item=nebula starsilk earrings][item=cave lantern][item=unhatched arcane egg][item=dwarf truffle] Time spent: 37 minutes [url=https://imgur.com/ySOKrqJ]imgur link[/url] ----- [center]Ramati looked at the egg as if it was an illusion. "Irma!" she called. The Nocturne rushed over, and noticed the egg. "We... we found one!" they exclaimed. "I'll take this back right away!" The egg was put in a crate filled with hay, and Irma flew off with it. It wasn't the egg they needed most. The corresponding runestone hadn't been found either, but it didn't matter to Ramati. It was a start. More determined than ever, she got back to looking for egg and runestone of Earth.[/center] ----- *party noises* woohoo! first egg! thanks rng gods!
Day 9

@Akia @jumbledbyrd

Notable Drops:
Boulder Bolt Aid Winterwatcher's Arctic Boots Shock Simple Darksteel Wing Bangles Eliminate Drown Djamor Bat x2 Blue Dragon Reef Snail Cursed Crate Congeal Nebula Starsilk Earrings Cave Lantern Unhatched Arcane Egg Dwarf Truffle
Time spent: 37 minutes

imgur link

Ramati looked at the egg as if it was an illusion. "Irma!" she called.

The Nocturne rushed over, and noticed the egg. "We... we found one!" they exclaimed. "I'll take this back right away!" The egg was put in a crate filled with hay, and Irma flew off with it.

It wasn't the egg they needed most. The corresponding runestone hadn't been found either, but it didn't matter to Ramati. It was a start. More determined than ever, she got back to looking for egg and runestone of Earth.

*party noises* woohoo! first egg! thanks rng gods!

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
HELLO EGG
HELLO EGG
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
Yooo, congrats! :D

I'm loving the lore for this, too! Ramati is great, I can't help but wonder if we'll see anything of the former flight reps. I'm curious what they all wished for.
Yooo, congrats! :D

I'm loving the lore for this, too! Ramati is great, I can't help but wonder if we'll see anything of the former flight reps. I'm curious what they all wished for.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
Now it's only almost a year till arcane o'clock! Well done!
Now it's only almost a year till arcane o'clock! Well done!
i'm trying my best
ePOliyb.pngFObX7rS.pngBb9XFYa.png
thank you for your patience
Congrats on the egg!!!!
Congrats on the egg!!!!
tumblr_inline_nbwjccPnMm1qkfp12.png
[center][size=6][b]Day 10[/b][/size][/center] ----- [size=2]@Akia @jumbledbyrd[/size] Notable Drops: [item=guard][item=blue dragon reef snail][item=dwarf truffle] Time spent: 15 minutes (internet's weird, again) ----- not much of an update today, but i have something in the works!
Day 10

@Akia @jumbledbyrd

Notable Drops:
Guard Blue Dragon Reef Snail Dwarf Truffle
Time spent: 15 minutes (internet's weird, again)

not much of an update today, but i have something in the works!

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
subbed, love the lore for this and looking forward to seeing your progress!
subbed, love the lore for this and looking forward to seeing your progress!
[center][size=6][b]Day 11[/b][/size][/center] ----- [size=2]@/Akia @/jumbledbyrd[/size] Notable Drops: [item = bramble guardian][item=burrow bear][item=djamor bat][item=bright bolt][item=tertiary gene: weathered (gaoler)][item=blue dragon reef snail][item=stonestomp spearmaiden] Time spent: 37 minutes ----- [center]Calypso packed the last of the food into a crate. The dampness of the cave had been getting to him, and to Ramati as well, and he couldn’t be happier to leave soon. He envied Irma, getting to fly back on their own with the egg. No waiting for couriers, trying to alleviate boredom. He’d probably be thinking for the next hour or so. What else was there to do? So Calypso thought. [i]What do I wanna do when I get back? Maybe I’ll talk to someone, or cook up dinner? Yeah, that’ll do. But what do I wanna eat? Maybe… some bats? I know Blitz likes bats. Oh right, she isn’t here anymore. Wonder what the other reps are up to.[/i] That was an interesting thought. He was acquainted with some of them, mainly Blitz and the ones that weren’t so reclusive. But Calypso could never imagine one of them trying to overthrow Fungi. While she was fairly new to leading others, she was kind, and wouldn’t be angry if you decided to take a third serving of food during Drakeharvest, unlike a certain Skydancer, sitting ahead of him. The memory of such a delicious feast made his stomach rumble. [i]Must have been more hungry than I thought.[/i] “Hey, Ramati? I’m gonna go back in the cave to get some food real quick.” he yelled. He could hear her approval, and he turned around, grabbing a lantern and entering the mouth of the cave. There were plenty of monsters in the caves whose flesh was edible. It wouldn’t be too hard to find one. Calypso walked down a tunnel, leading into a cave small enough for a Guardian, with two more tunnels branching out from it. He turned towards the one on his right, but something in the left caught his eye. Two crystals, in the shape of horns. They were a pale purple, and despite the low light levels, seemed to glimmer as if the sun itself had melted into them. A few other patches of smaller minerals could be seen behind them, along with two amber gemstones underneath, all moving towards him. Wait, crystals don’t move. At least, they shouldn’t. Calypso squinted, as… whatever it was moved forwards. He lit the lantern he took, and the crystals took form. A Guardian, wearing said jewels, stood in front of him. Wearing wasn’t the right word. They looked like they were embedded in his scales, or maybe even growing from them. Calypso realised he recognised the brown dragon now. “Is that you, Naza?”[/center] ----- thanks for the boss fam coli? not what i'm here for but ok
Day 11

@/Akia @/jumbledbyrd

Notable Drops:
Bramble Guardian Burrow Bear Djamor Bat Bright Bolt Blue Dragon Reef Snail Stonestomp Spearmaiden
Time spent: 37 minutes
Calypso packed the last of the food into a crate. The dampness of the cave had been getting to him, and to Ramati as well, and he couldn’t be happier to leave soon. He envied Irma, getting to fly back on their own with the egg. No waiting for couriers, trying to alleviate boredom. He’d probably be thinking for the next hour or so. What else was there to do? So Calypso thought.

What do I wanna do when I get back? Maybe I’ll talk to someone, or cook up dinner? Yeah, that’ll do. But what do I wanna eat? Maybe… some bats? I know Blitz likes bats. Oh right, she isn’t here anymore. Wonder what the other reps are up to.

That was an interesting thought.

He was acquainted with some of them, mainly Blitz and the ones that weren’t so reclusive. But Calypso could never imagine one of them trying to overthrow Fungi. While she was fairly new to leading others, she was kind, and wouldn’t be angry if you decided to take a third serving of food during Drakeharvest, unlike a certain Skydancer, sitting ahead of him.

The memory of such a delicious feast made his stomach rumble. Must have been more hungry than I thought. “Hey, Ramati? I’m gonna go back in the cave to get some food real quick.” he yelled. He could hear her approval, and he turned around, grabbing a lantern and entering the mouth of the cave.

There were plenty of monsters in the caves whose flesh was edible. It wouldn’t be too hard to find one. Calypso walked down a tunnel, leading into a cave small enough for a Guardian, with two more tunnels branching out from it. He turned towards the one on his right, but something in the left caught his eye.

Two crystals, in the shape of horns. They were a pale purple, and despite the low light levels, seemed to glimmer as if the sun itself had melted into them. A few other patches of smaller minerals could be seen behind them, along with two amber gemstones underneath, all moving towards him.

Wait, crystals don’t move. At least, they shouldn’t.

Calypso squinted, as… whatever it was moved forwards. He lit the lantern he took, and the crystals took form. A Guardian, wearing said jewels, stood in front of him. Wearing wasn’t the right word. They looked like they were embedded in his scales, or maybe even growing from them. Calypso realised he recognised the brown dragon now.

“Is that you, Naza?”

thanks for the boss fam coli? not what i'm here for but ok

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
[center][size=6][b]Day 12[/b][/size][/center] ----- [size=2]@Akia @jumbledbyrd[/size] Notable Drops: [item=fossilize][item=djamor bat][item=swiftfoot slayer][item=thunder slash][item=stonestomp spearmaiden][item=rock slash][item=creeping cluster][item=blue dragon reef snail][item=burrow bear] Time spent:30 minutes ----- [center]The damp cave’s silence was broken once by the steps of a young Spiral, then once again by his voice. “Is that you, Naza?” Calypso stood in shock. How did Naza end up like this? He didn’t look like he was in pain, but those gems seemed to go around the space between his scales. The jewellery he used to wear had been worn down, cracked in places. And despite how Naza looked, his eyes still shone with the pride he had before. “Ah, Calypso, right? It’s been a while.” the Guardian said, breaking the silence. “What’s a dragon such as yourself doing out here?” “Oh, uh, mission.” Calypso replied. “I see. Would that mean you’re still affiliated with my former clan?” “Uh, yeah.” “I see. It’s a shame I can’t let you tell them about my new home.” “Huh?” Naza surged forward, knocking the Spiral down. Calypso got up, only to be greeted by the dragon's claws. He jumped back, getting shallow scratches on his shoulder. Jumping back, however, didn’t do much, with the room being only slightly bigger than Naza. The Guardian lunged forward, driving Calypso further into the wall, opening his jaw to bite. But he reared back in pain as a combination of dust and gravel was swept into his eyes by his opponent's tail. He bolted out of the cave and through the tunnels while Naza was still blinded, hoping that they were narrow enough to hold him off. The pain in his shoulder burned every time his foot touched the ground, but it didn’t compare to the fear of what would happen to him if he stopped running. Light flooded the tunnel, and the smell of pine could be smelled as Calypso launched out of the cave. Ramati had turned around, at first confused at his pace, then in shock, seeing the blood. Before she could open her mouth, Calypso opened his. “It’s terrible! Naza, he’s in there, and he’s, he’s… [i]something’s[/i] up with him! There’s these crystals all through his scales, and I barely got outta there but-” “I know, I know. Get behind me, he’s faster than he looks.” The Spiral did as he was told, and hid behind her opened wings. He wasn’t sure if the ground was shaking, or if he was. The former turned out to be true as Naza emerged from the tunnel, scales shining. [/center] ----- i???? don't need a duplicate boss drop????
Day 12

@Akia @jumbledbyrd

Notable Drops:
Fossilize Djamor Bat Swiftfoot Slayer Thunder Slash Stonestomp Spearmaiden Rock Slash Creeping Cluster Blue Dragon Reef Snail Burrow Bear
Time spent:30 minutes
The damp cave’s silence was broken once by the steps of a young Spiral, then once again by his voice.

“Is that you, Naza?”

Calypso stood in shock. How did Naza end up like this? He didn’t look like he was in pain, but those gems seemed to go around the space between his scales. The jewellery he used to wear had been worn down, cracked in places. And despite how Naza looked, his eyes still shone with the pride he had before.

“Ah, Calypso, right? It’s been a while.” the Guardian said, breaking the silence. “What’s a dragon such as yourself doing out here?”

“Oh, uh, mission.” Calypso replied.

“I see. Would that mean you’re still affiliated with my former clan?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“I see. It’s a shame I can’t let you tell them about my new home.”

“Huh?”

Naza surged forward, knocking the Spiral down. Calypso got up, only to be greeted by the dragon's claws. He jumped back, getting shallow scratches on his shoulder. Jumping back, however, didn’t do much, with the room being only slightly bigger than Naza. The Guardian lunged forward, driving Calypso further into the wall, opening his jaw to bite. But he reared back in pain as a combination of dust and gravel was swept into his eyes by his opponent's tail.

He bolted out of the cave and through the tunnels while Naza was still blinded, hoping that they were narrow enough to hold him off. The pain in his shoulder burned every time his foot touched the ground, but it didn’t compare to the fear of what would happen to him if he stopped running.

Light flooded the tunnel, and the smell of pine could be smelled as Calypso launched out of the cave. Ramati had turned around, at first confused at his pace, then in shock, seeing the blood. Before she could open her mouth, Calypso opened his.

“It’s terrible! Naza, he’s in there, and he’s, he’s… something’s up with him! There’s these crystals all through his scales, and I barely got outta there but-”

“I know, I know. Get behind me, he’s faster than he looks.”

The Spiral did as he was told, and hid behind her opened wings. He wasn’t sure if the ground was shaking, or if he was. The former turned out to be true as Naza emerged from the tunnel, scales shining.

i???? don't need a duplicate boss drop????

When on your way out

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8