Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [hybridlocke] a farewell to arms
1 2 3
[center][size=2][font=calibri][color=#9C99C2][b]navigate:[/b][/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2905590/1#post_44550009][color=#9C99C2]ruleset: originals[/color][/url][/font] [font=wingdings 3][color=#386e48]}[/color][/font] [font=calibri][color=#9C99C2]ruleset: additions[/color][/font] [font=wingdings 3][color=#386e48]}[/color][/font] [font=calibri][color=#9C99C2]biolocke: bios[/color][/font] [font=wingdings 3][color=#386e48]}[/color][/font] [font=calibri][color=#9C99C2]timelocke: roll log[/color][/font] [font=wingdings 3][color=#386e48]}[/color][/font] [font=calibri][color=#9C99C2]stories[/color][/font] [font=wingdings 3][color=#386e48]}[/color][/font] [font=calibri][color=#9C99C2]pinglist[/color][/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/qtPFJzD.png[/img] [size=4][font=Wingdings]v v v[/font][/size] [columns][color=transparent]x x x[/color] [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/LYiGnle.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9EI22T3.png[/img] [nextcol][color=transparent]x x x[/color] [nextcol][font=helvetica][color=#A0BABA]alright fellas let's make a very long story very short:[/color][/font] [size=1][font=calibri][color=transparent]x[/color][/font][/size] [LIST][*][font=helvetica][color=#893324]i wanted to do a biolocke but i wanted to have the option to do more than one thing a day[/color][/font] [*][font=helvetica][color=#893324]i like rolling dice[/color][/font][/LIST] [font=helvetica][color=#A0BABA]so behold! a crossover of a biolocke and a timelocke, with some of my own original ideas tossed in there! this is going to get wild (hopefully). the goal here is not only to finish bios, which is what the mainly biolocke side is for, but also to write stories to flesh out the characters, which is what the timelocke side is for. if you'd like to be pinged when i update, just let me know![/color] [color=#893324][b]please only post when the first post says you can.[/b][/color] [color=#A0BABA]if "dnp" is in the title, it means do not post, so do not post!!![/color][/font] [nextcol][color=transparent]x x x[/color] [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/LYiGnle.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9EI22T3.png[/img][/columns] [size=4][font=Wingdings]v v v[/font][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ldLpHtQ.png[/img][/center] [right][font=helvetica][size=1][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2823161/1][color=#e3cb9a]original biolocke thread[/color][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2405765][color=#e3cb9a]original timelocke thread[/color][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2648881#post_38136419][color=#e3cb9a]assets by archaic[/color][/url][/size][/font][/right]
navigate: ruleset: originals } ruleset: additions } biolocke: bios } timelocke: roll log } stories } pinglist

qtPFJzD.png
v v v
x x x
LYiGnle.png
9EI22T3.png
x x x
alright fellas let's make a very long story very short:
x
  • i wanted to do a biolocke but i wanted to have the option to do more than one thing a day
  • i like rolling dice
so behold! a crossover of a biolocke and a timelocke, with some of my own original ideas tossed in there! this is going to get wild (hopefully). the goal here is not only to finish bios, which is what the mainly biolocke side is for, but also to write stories to flesh out the characters, which is what the timelocke side is for.

if you'd like to be pinged when i update, just let me know!
please only post when the first post says you can. if "dnp" is in the title, it means do not post, so do not post!!!

x x x
LYiGnle.png
9EI22T3.png
v v v
ldLpHtQ.png
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

[center][size=5][font=century gothic][color=#386e48][b]original biolocke rules[/b][/color][/font][/size][/center] ----- [quote name="FirozTaverbi" date="2020-02-18 14:11:18" ] [center][emoji=d20 size=1] [size=6][size=6][b][font=gabriola]Rules[/font][/b][/size][/size] [emoji=d20 size=1][/center] The rules are tangentially related to the classic Pinkerlocke: each daily item pulled from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile dictates which action is done that day. An RNG will be used to determine which dragon's bio gets updated. The following key will be used for progress: [center][emoji=ping size=1] - Section not started [emoji=paintbrush size=1] - Section in progress [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] - Section complete[/center] [center][size=7][font=gabriola][b][emoji=insect size=1][emoji=meat size=1] Food - Profile [emoji=plant size=1][emoji=seafood size=1][/b][/size][/font][/center] This is the dragon's "fact sheet" - basic information about them. This can be prose or a sidebar, whatever works. The type of food determines the information added to the profile: [emoji=meat size=1] - Three words or a short quote to describe dragon's personality [emoji=seafood size=1] - Describe the dragon's role in the clan [emoji=insect size=1] - One strength, one weakness [emoji=plant size=1] - Favourite item(s) If a dragon has no name, naming the dragon takes precedence. [center][size=7][font=gabriola][b][emoji=star size=1] Material or Trinket - Lore [emoji=star size=1][/b][/size][/font][/center] This is a section of prose either telling the dragon's backstory or a short story about their daily lives. The rarity of the trinket item determines the minimum number of words that must be written: [emoji=star size=1] - 50 words [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] - 100 words [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] - 250 words [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] - 400 words [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] - 600 words [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] - 1000 words [center][size=7][font=gabriola][b][emoji=bestiary size=1] Familiar - Art [emoji=bestiary size=1][/b][/size][/font][/center] Order or draw a piece of art for a dragon. This must be started on the day the familiar is picked up, but doesn't have to be finished. Art takes time! [center][size=7][font=gabriola][b][emoji=apparel helm size=1] Apparel - Outfit or Genes [emoji=apparel helm size=1][/b][/size][/font][/center] Plan an outfit or gene plan for a dragon, or add a new gene or apparel piece to a dragon with an outfit or gene plan. Since most dragons have genes and outfits, this category isn't determined by the RNG. [center][size=7][font=gabriola][b][emoji=coliseum team size=1] Battle Item - BBCoding [emoji=coliseum team size=1][/b][/size][/font][/center] Tidy up a dragon's bio using an existing bio template or by creating your own. [center][size=7][font=gabriola][b][emoji=red star size=1] Crim Rules [emoji=red star size=1][/b][/size][/font][/center] (Taken from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827399/1]littletoes101's Biolocke[/url]) Missed days can be made up for, or extra "days" can be added, to the Biolocke using items requested at Crim's Collection Cart, using the same rules for each item listed above. Trading an item with Crim allows you to skip this item unless you are making up for missed days. [/quote] ----- [center][size=5][font=century gothic][color=#386e48][b]original timelocke rules[/b][/color][/font][/size][/center] ----- [quote="How to Play"] [b]Basic Rules[/b] [LIST] [*] When a dragon hits a death number (explained later), that dragon MUST be exalted - this is the life blood of every locke. [*] Write - don't get to bogged down in the menial tasks of hoping for a certian pull...BE CREATIVE! [*] There are no rules about dressing your dragons, giving them apparel, or getting them art...just have fun with it! [*] Every update MUST correspond with a number generation. [*] You can start your Timelocke with however many dragons you want, however three is the recommended number. Just follow the New Dragon Rules! [/LIST] [b]Rolls[/b] set your random number generator for 1 - 170 [b]1 - 50[/b] -- challenge - roll to see if your team of dragons survive [quote=Challenge Rules] When you get a challenge, the first thing to do is take note of the number you rolled (1 - 50). That is the number of 'battles' or rolls you must complete. Choose your difficulty mode and begin. [i]easymode[/i] - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is in danger. Roll to see who it is, and then roll between 1 and 2. If it is one, they live. If it is 2, they die. Once a dragon has been in danger, your challenge is over. [i]neutralmode[/i] - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Once a dragon has died, your challenge is over. [i]hardmode[/i] - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Even if a dragon dies, continue your challenge until you have finished all battles. When a dragon dies in a challenge, YOU MUST EXALT IT! This is the most essential piece of playing a Timelocke. [/quote] [b]51 - 150[/b] -- neutral - develop your characters, create more depth in your locke [b]151 - 165 [/b]-- new dragon - purchase a new dragon off the AH using the following rules [quote=New Dragon Rules] Roll from 1 - 14 to determine the breed of the dragon. [LIST=1] [*] fae [*] gaurdian [*] mirror [*] pearlcatcher [*] ridgeback [*] tundra [*] spiral [*] imperial [*] snapper [*] wildclaw [*] nocturne [*] cotal [*] skydancer [*] bogsneak [/LIST] Roll from 1 - 11 to determine the element of the dragon. [LIST=1] [*] earth [*] fire [*] wind [*] water [*] shadow [*] ice [*] lightning [*] light [*] nature [*] plague [*] arcane [/LIST] After that, it is up to you. Here are some variations: [LIST] [*]Pick the cheapest dragon in the AH that meets the requirements. [*]Choose your favorite dragon (in a certain price range). [*]Purchase the first named dragon. [*]Buy the first dragon with something in it's bio. [*]Go with a certain gene. [*]or....ANY OTHER VARIATION YOU WANT! [/LIST] [/quote] [b]166 - 170[/b] -- breed a nest - if there is a pair that is RTB and is alright to have a nest lore-wise, breed them. If not, see the rules. [quote=Breed a Nest Rules] If you can, breed a nest. When it hatches, roll 1 - 2 for each hatching. 1 = the hatchling survives 2 = the hatchling dies HOWEVER if there is only one egg, the hatchling will automatically survive. IF all of the hatchlings roll to die, roll for one of them to survive. This way, at least one dragon will survive from each nest. AAAAAAAAND if you do not have a pair RTB (or it doesn't make sense, lore-wise), you have two options. EITHER hatch an elemental egg OR buy the cheapest hatchling on the AH. [/quote] [center][i]there will be many many more added as we figure this out, but these are all the rolls to start with[/i][/center] Note from CleverDual and Petall: please feel free to add/change any rules to suit your game. The whole point of this is that it works out for each player. We will be adding a ton more rolls as we continue, but feel no need to include those. :D [/quote]
original biolocke rules

FirozTaverbi wrote on 2020-02-18 14:11:18:
Rules
The rules are tangentially related to the classic Pinkerlocke: each daily item pulled from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile dictates which action is done that day. An RNG will be used to determine which dragon's bio gets updated. The following key will be used for progress:
- Section not started
- Section in progress
- Section complete
Food - Profile
This is the dragon's "fact sheet" - basic information about them. This can be prose or a sidebar, whatever works. The type of food determines the information added to the profile:
- Three words or a short quote to describe dragon's personality
- Describe the dragon's role in the clan
- One strength, one weakness
- Favourite item(s)
If a dragon has no name, naming the dragon takes precedence.
Material or Trinket - Lore
This is a section of prose either telling the dragon's backstory or a short story about their daily lives. The rarity of the trinket item determines the minimum number of words that must be written:

- 50 words
- 100 words
- 250 words
- 400 words
- 600 words
- 1000 words
Familiar - Art
Order or draw a piece of art for a dragon. This must be started on the day the familiar is picked up, but doesn't have to be finished. Art takes time!
Apparel - Outfit or Genes
Plan an outfit or gene plan for a dragon, or add a new gene or apparel piece to a dragon with an outfit or gene plan. Since most dragons have genes and outfits, this category isn't determined by the RNG.
Battle Item - BBCoding
Tidy up a dragon's bio using an existing bio template or by creating your own.
Crim Rules
(Taken from littletoes101's Biolocke)
Missed days can be made up for, or extra "days" can be added, to the Biolocke using items requested at Crim's Collection Cart, using the same rules for each item listed above. Trading an item with Crim allows you to skip this item unless you are making up for missed days.

original timelocke rules

How to Play wrote:
Basic Rules
  • When a dragon hits a death number (explained later), that dragon MUST be exalted - this is the life blood of every locke.
  • Write - don't get to bogged down in the menial tasks of hoping for a certian pull...BE CREATIVE!
  • There are no rules about dressing your dragons, giving them apparel, or getting them art...just have fun with it!
  • Every update MUST correspond with a number generation.
  • You can start your Timelocke with however many dragons you want, however three is the recommended number. Just follow the New Dragon Rules!

Rolls

set your random number generator for 1 - 170

1 - 50 -- challenge - roll to see if your team of dragons survive

Challenge Rules wrote:
When you get a challenge, the first thing to do is take note of the number you rolled (1 - 50). That is the number of 'battles' or rolls you must complete. Choose your difficulty mode and begin.

easymode - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is in danger. Roll to see who it is, and then roll between 1 and 2. If it is one, they live. If it is 2, they die. Once a dragon has been in danger, your challenge is over.

neutralmode - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Once a dragon has died, your challenge is over.

hardmode - set your rng to 1 - 100. Your death number is 7. Roll once for each battle. If you land on 7, one of your dragons is going to die. Roll to see who it is. Even if a dragon dies, continue your challenge until you have finished all battles.

When a dragon dies in a challenge, YOU MUST EXALT IT! This is the most essential piece of playing a Timelocke.

51 - 150 -- neutral - develop your characters, create more depth in your locke

151 - 165 -- new dragon - purchase a new dragon off the AH using the following rules
New Dragon Rules wrote:
Roll from 1 - 14 to determine the breed of the dragon.
  1. fae
  2. gaurdian
  3. mirror
  4. pearlcatcher
  5. ridgeback
  6. tundra
  7. spiral
  8. imperial
  9. snapper
  10. wildclaw
  11. nocturne
  12. cotal
  13. skydancer
  14. bogsneak

Roll from 1 - 11 to determine the element of the dragon.
  1. earth
  2. fire
  3. wind
  4. water
  5. shadow
  6. ice
  7. lightning
  8. light
  9. nature
  10. plague
  11. arcane

After that, it is up to you. Here are some variations:
  • Pick the cheapest dragon in the AH that meets the requirements.
  • Choose your favorite dragon (in a certain price range).
  • Purchase the first named dragon.
  • Buy the first dragon with something in it's bio.
  • Go with a certain gene.
  • or....ANY OTHER VARIATION YOU WANT!

166 - 170 -- breed a nest - if there is a pair that is RTB and is alright to have a nest lore-wise, breed them. If not, see the rules.
Breed a Nest Rules wrote:
If you can, breed a nest. When it hatches, roll 1 - 2 for each hatching.
1 = the hatchling survives
2 = the hatchling dies

HOWEVER if there is only one egg, the hatchling will automatically survive.
IF all of the hatchlings roll to die, roll for one of them to survive.

This way, at least one dragon will survive from each nest.

AAAAAAAAND if you do not have a pair RTB (or it doesn't make sense, lore-wise), you have two options.

EITHER hatch an elemental egg OR buy the cheapest hatchling on the AH.
there will be many many more added as we figure this out, but these are all the rolls to start with

Note from CleverDual and Petall: please feel free to add/change any rules to suit your game. The whole point of this is that it works out for each player. We will be adding a ton more rolls as we continue, but feel no need to include those. :D
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

additional ruleset

- dragons must have at least 100 words of their main history lore added to them every day no matter what, unless their main history lore is complete.
- i can choose to substitute a bbcoding and/or gene/outfit roll with a "clan lore" segment instead if i pull one. that just means i'll need to write for clan lore instead of an individual dragon.

[more pending]
additional ruleset

- dragons must have at least 100 words of their main history lore added to them every day no matter what, unless their main history lore is complete.
- i can choose to substitute a bbcoding and/or gene/outfit roll with a "clan lore" segment instead if i pull one. that just means i'll need to write for clan lore instead of an individual dragon.

[more pending]
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

bio tracking

bio segments:

- overview
- quick facts (includes sexuality/gender/identity labels, zodiac stuff, myers-briggs stuff, and statistics)
- personality
- history (including early life, coming to the clan/finding their job, and any relationships they formed)
- job
- family
- familiar
- trivia
bio tracking

bio segments:

- overview
- quick facts (includes sexuality/gender/identity labels, zodiac stuff, myers-briggs stuff, and statistics)
- personality
- history (including early life, coming to the clan/finding their job, and any relationships they formed)
- job
- family
- familiar
- trivia
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

dicelocke roll log

dicelocke roll log

my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

stories & story posts

stories & story posts

my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

pinglists

just ping me and ask if you want to be added to a pinglist!

all updates: @Cattington @opalrender
stories only: n/a
bios only: n/a
clan lore only: n/a
pinglists

just ping me and ask if you want to be added to a pinglist!

all updates: @Cattington @opalrender
stories only: n/a
bios only: n/a
clan lore only: n/a
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

pinkerton & crim pull logs

pinkerton & crim pull logs

my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

death warnings

posts that involve a death will go here! i will not specify who dies, but i'll just be letting you know which posts have death so you can skip them if you so please

none yet
death warnings

posts that involve a death will go here! i will not specify who dies, but i'll just be letting you know which posts have death so you can skip them if you so please

none yet
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

affiliates

cattington's biolocke

if anyone else wants to affiliate, just ask!
affiliates

cattington's biolocke

if anyone else wants to affiliate, just ask!
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread