Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [EARTHDOM] Dueling Grounds - OPEN
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center][b]The Dueling Grounds[/b][/center] A snapper lies under a ratty old board hanging next to the front doors of a dilapidated store. Upon seeing you approach, she stretches and faces you with a groan. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415743308459933698/739002039572496404/dragon.png[/img][/center] There’s a rumble in the distance. You can taste the sudden tension in the air. There’s something coming, something big. The snapper sighs wearily as the rumbling in the distance grows nearer, bringing with it… a cacophony of yapping corgis and bleating goats. “Pah. Stupid mobs. Used to be that you could settle these man to man on the dueling grounds.” Your look of confusion seems to amuse the snapper. “Name’s Gigha. I used to run the old dueling grounds.” Gigha snorts at the oncoming clouds of dust. “Never know when to let go of a grudge, do they.” “You look like you’ve got somethin’ to settle. Maybe it’s worth openin’ up the dueling grounds again. Keep young’uns like you outta too much trouble. Or maybe you’re here to join that crowd.” She squints at you after looking you up and down. “You feelin’ lucky?”
The Dueling Grounds

A snapper lies under a ratty old board hanging next to the front doors of a dilapidated store. Upon seeing you approach, she stretches and faces you with a groan.
dragon.png

There’s a rumble in the distance. You can taste the sudden tension in the air. There’s something coming, something big. The snapper sighs wearily as the rumbling in the distance grows nearer, bringing with it… a cacophony of yapping corgis and bleating goats.

“Pah. Stupid mobs. Used to be that you could settle these man to man on the dueling grounds.”

Your look of confusion seems to amuse the snapper. “Name’s Gigha. I used to run the old dueling grounds.” Gigha snorts at the oncoming clouds of dust. “Never know when to let go of a grudge, do they.”

“You look like you’ve got somethin’ to settle. Maybe it’s worth openin’ up the dueling grounds again. Keep young’uns like you outta too much trouble. Or maybe you’re here to join that crowd.” She squints at you after looking you up and down. “You feelin’ lucky?”
Red like roses fills my dreams
About Duels

Go head to head against anyone of your choosing for 2 hours of competitive coli collecting! Make your challenge in private and pick a place to die where it's high and dry, or challenge your arch-rival in public for added dramatic flair!

About the Shootout

The rangers and the outlaws have been at each other’s throats for as long as the town can remember. After too many skirmishes and countless bounties and ransoms, both factions are now squaring off against one another, demanding that members of the other faction lay down their weapons. As they grow louder, and louder, with both rangers and outlaws growing twitchy, a gunfight looks inevitable. Who will fire the first shot? Who will emerge victorious? Do you dare join the fight?

The shootout is a team event that will stretch across several days; collect crates in the coliseum to outlast and outfight your opponents! In any battle, one supply run may be the difference between victory and defeat. Your efforts will decide who runs this town at the end of the shootout!

The shootout will begin at 12:00 FR time on Tuesday, August 4 and end at 23:59 FR time on Thursday, August 6.
About Duels

Go head to head against anyone of your choosing for 2 hours of competitive coli collecting! Make your challenge in private and pick a place to die where it's high and dry, or challenge your arch-rival in public for added dramatic flair!

About the Shootout

The rangers and the outlaws have been at each other’s throats for as long as the town can remember. After too many skirmishes and countless bounties and ransoms, both factions are now squaring off against one another, demanding that members of the other faction lay down their weapons. As they grow louder, and louder, with both rangers and outlaws growing twitchy, a gunfight looks inevitable. Who will fire the first shot? Who will emerge victorious? Do you dare join the fight?

The shootout is a team event that will stretch across several days; collect crates in the coliseum to outlast and outfight your opponents! In any battle, one supply run may be the difference between victory and defeat. Your efforts will decide who runs this town at the end of the shootout!

The shootout will begin at 12:00 FR time on Tuesday, August 4 and end at 23:59 FR time on Thursday, August 6.
Dueling Procedure

1. There is a buy-in of 10,000 treasure or 8 gems per person per duel. You can duel as many times as you want, and you don’t have to duel with the same person every time. Please send the buy-in to me, @ThornyGremlin, via PM.
  2. You may issue challenges privately, or publicly by pinging your opponent on this thread with your challenge.
  3. Duels will run until 23:00 FR time each day, for a maximum of 2 hours at a time. Each duel will start at the nearest :00 after both of you have sent your buy-ins. Please try to send your buy-ins before :50!
  4. The only exception to the time rule is if both of you agree on a later time and make a note of it on the sign-up form (explained below). In the event that you agree to duel at a later time, I will send you a reminder by pinging this thread 10 minutes before your agreed start time.
  5. Sign up as a pair for a duel using the Individual Sign-up Form down below. Only one form per pair is needed. Pairs who issue and accept challenges publicly must also submit a sign-up form. Submitting the form is your way of telling me that both of you understand and have agreed to your dueling terms.
  6. Duel parameters must be feasible in the Coliseum. Suggested parameters include finding items first, finding more of an item, or defeating more of a monster. Feel free to get creative, but please keep in mind that you’ll only have 2 hours to duke it out.
  7. Both of you have to agree on the terms before submitting the form and sending me the buy-in.
  8. When your duel is over, please PM me with your results. Once I have your results, I will announce the winner on this thread!
  9. This probably goes without saying, but please be honest. Cheating, botting, and/or fudging numbers make going head to head with someone a little pointless, so please don’t!
Dueling Procedure

1. There is a buy-in of 10,000 treasure or 8 gems per person per duel. You can duel as many times as you want, and you don’t have to duel with the same person every time. Please send the buy-in to me, @ThornyGremlin, via PM.
  2. You may issue challenges privately, or publicly by pinging your opponent on this thread with your challenge.
  3. Duels will run until 23:00 FR time each day, for a maximum of 2 hours at a time. Each duel will start at the nearest :00 after both of you have sent your buy-ins. Please try to send your buy-ins before :50!
  4. The only exception to the time rule is if both of you agree on a later time and make a note of it on the sign-up form (explained below). In the event that you agree to duel at a later time, I will send you a reminder by pinging this thread 10 minutes before your agreed start time.
  5. Sign up as a pair for a duel using the Individual Sign-up Form down below. Only one form per pair is needed. Pairs who issue and accept challenges publicly must also submit a sign-up form. Submitting the form is your way of telling me that both of you understand and have agreed to your dueling terms.
  6. Duel parameters must be feasible in the Coliseum. Suggested parameters include finding items first, finding more of an item, or defeating more of a monster. Feel free to get creative, but please keep in mind that you’ll only have 2 hours to duke it out.
  7. Both of you have to agree on the terms before submitting the form and sending me the buy-in.
  8. When your duel is over, please PM me with your results. Once I have your results, I will announce the winner on this thread!
  9. This probably goes without saying, but please be honest. Cheating, botting, and/or fudging numbers make going head to head with someone a little pointless, so please don’t!
Participating in the Shootout

1. Signups for the Shootout will run until 23:59 FR time on Monday, August 3 through the Faction Sign-up form. You are allowed to sign up as a neutral party, at which point we will assign you to a faction leading up to High Noon.
  2. The buy-in for the shootout is 30,000 treasure or 24 gems, and is due via PM to me by 23:59 FR time on Monday, the same deadline as the signups.
  3. The parameters of the shootout are how many venue-specific chests/crates/sacks/etc. you get and how many different kinds of openables you get
  4. Points for the shootout will be scored as follows:
    • Leafy Packs: 7
    • Fishscale Basket: 4
    • Treasured Planter: 2
    • Broken Flower Pot: 2
    • Pelt-Lined Crate: 3
    • Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle: 5
    • Waterway Pipe: 3
    • Champion’s Purse: 3
    • Skirmisher Pack: 8
    • Molten Crucible: 4
    • Terra Cotta Vase: 7
    • Frozen Knapsack: 2
    • Crystallized Satchel: 7
    • Featherfall Pack: 10
    • Bonebound Chest: 9
    • Waterlogged Trunk: 10
    • Lustrous Shell: 12
    • Toolbox: 11
    • Cryptic Cube: 11
    • Skin crates: 6
    • Type variation = +1 point per varying crate type after the first
  5. Please give me your results via the Shootout Loot form no later than 09:00 FR time on Friday, August 7.
  6. You can send in your loot form as many times as you want! Just let me know by PM if they're cumulative (you've added the total loot drops yourself) or if I need to add your results together ^w^
  7. The team with the greatest point sum will win the shootout! I will announce the results by Friday evening.
Participating in the Shootout

1. Signups for the Shootout will run until 23:59 FR time on Monday, August 3 through the Faction Sign-up form. You are allowed to sign up as a neutral party, at which point we will assign you to a faction leading up to High Noon.
  2. The buy-in for the shootout is 30,000 treasure or 24 gems, and is due via PM to me by 23:59 FR time on Monday, the same deadline as the signups.
  3. The parameters of the shootout are how many venue-specific chests/crates/sacks/etc. you get and how many different kinds of openables you get
  4. Points for the shootout will be scored as follows:
    • Leafy Packs: 7
    • Fishscale Basket: 4
    • Treasured Planter: 2
    • Broken Flower Pot: 2
    • Pelt-Lined Crate: 3
    • Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle: 5
    • Waterway Pipe: 3
    • Champion’s Purse: 3
    • Skirmisher Pack: 8
    • Molten Crucible: 4
    • Terra Cotta Vase: 7
    • Frozen Knapsack: 2
    • Crystallized Satchel: 7
    • Featherfall Pack: 10
    • Bonebound Chest: 9
    • Waterlogged Trunk: 10
    • Lustrous Shell: 12
    • Toolbox: 11
    • Cryptic Cube: 11
    • Skin crates: 6
    • Type variation = +1 point per varying crate type after the first
  5. Please give me your results via the Shootout Loot form no later than 09:00 FR time on Friday, August 7.
  6. You can send in your loot form as many times as you want! Just let me know by PM if they're cumulative (you've added the total loot drops yourself) or if I need to add your results together ^w^
  7. The team with the greatest point sum will win the shootout! I will announce the results by Friday evening.
Google Forms

Submit your shootout loot here!
Google Forms

Submit your shootout loot here!
[center][b]Badges[/b][/center] [quote=Participants][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/qqzpXtH.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/iM7XtvD.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Mc9mVvU.png[/img] Participate in a duel || Join the rangers || Join the outlaws[/center][/quote] [center]* Neutral parties can take their faction badge once they've been assigned ^w^[/center] [quote=Challengers and Challenges][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/9mMnnsZ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nD6ymgq.png[/img] Issue a challenge in public || Accept a challenge made to you publicly[/center][/quote] [quote=The Victors][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ilX8ano.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/0Im31Id.png[/img] Win a duel || Win the shootout[/center][/quote]
Badges
Participants wrote:
qqzpXtH.png iM7XtvD.png Mc9mVvU.png
Participate in a duel || Join the rangers || Join the outlaws
* Neutral parties can take their faction badge once they've been assigned ^w^

Challengers and Challenges wrote:
9mMnnsZ.png nD6ymgq.png
Issue a challenge in public || Accept a challenge made to you publicly

The Victors wrote:
ilX8ano.png 0Im31Id.png
Win a duel || Win the shootout
Credits

@horou and @edelys for badges
@Dracowolf for concept proofing
@Kuikka for proofreading

Other Events

Art For Fodder

G1 Auction

Daisy's Dapper Duds
Credits

@horou and @edelys for badges
@Dracowolf for concept proofing
@Kuikka for proofreading

Other Events

Art For Fodder

G1 Auction

Daisy's Dapper Duds
The dueling grounds are open! Settle your grudges, engage in short and intense competition, and/or sign up for the shootout!
The dueling grounds are open! Settle your grudges, engage in short and intense competition, and/or sign up for the shootout!
The world's cutest badges. Gonna have to do some fights later. I will return.
The world's cutest badges. Gonna have to do some fights later. I will return.
arOGchX.png
FITE ME

(does this count as issuing a challenge or is that for specifically challenging someone?)
FITE ME

(does this count as issuing a challenge or is that for specifically challenging someone?)
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12