Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45 46
@Sabariel

I had lot of fun pulling everything into that last chapter! Now, it's time for me to follow up on it!
@Sabariel

I had lot of fun pulling everything into that last chapter! Now, it's time for me to follow up on it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/28#post_44119312]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 22: ...Will, in Turn, be Crushed[/u][/b] [item=murky scales] Sentence: Writing (finally, on with the action!)[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Midnight awoke in his dorm alone. It was an unusual occurrence. Normally, Enser slept late to accommodate for his late night shenanigans - whatever those were - and Midnight was enough of an early bird to rise long before classes began. He knew the wildclaw had returned in the night: he had certainly made enough noise coming it. He wouldn't have let his roommate's disappearance bother him - Enser did strange things far too often to keep count of them - but it was when he realized Ifor had vanished too that he began to grow worried. What were they leaving him out of this time? He knew skipping Garnet's lessons was basically a death sentence, but he was fed up with those two leaving him out all the time. He wanted to be a part of things, and he wouldn't let them slip away any longer. Filled with a resolve that allowed him to forget breakfast (the most important meal of the day - he never skipped out), he took off into the skies, following the thinning trail of light bubbles he recognized all too well from Snippers. His wings ached as he flew above the trees of the Whisper Woods. Enser and Ifor had ventured rather deep. He was not expecting to have to fly so far. Just when he was wondering just how much further he would have to go, he caught sight of three familiar shapes among the trees below - Ifor, Enser, and the new teacher that he had not had the pleasure of learning from as of yet. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61825965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54487745][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54487745&skin=0&apparel=363,3117,21803,21828,24245,21833,21807&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Eigrigg was lying very still. Above her stood both of his classmates, and he recognized the low notes of Ifor's singing. He banked for a landing, taking a turn around the scene to give himself the space to descend. Just as he pulled up behind his friends, he overheard them speaking. "I think you've found your thing. I think it's healing magic." Enser exclaimed. "Midnight is going to be so annoyed," Ifor chuckled, and Midnight felt his stomach drop. How could his friend, who failed to grasp any sort of magic she was taught, be gifted with the one form of magic he always wanted, but could never truly get? [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] Ifor turned as she heard a stifled gasp, and immediately felt guilty. Midnight looked so betrayed, and his forlorn green eyes pierced her soul like a dagger. He deserved this, not her. He had been spending his life studying magic, trying to learn the subtle art of healing, and here she was, unable to light a candle and yet gifted with far more power than she had earned. The guardian scrambled for an apology, but every word she summoned died in her throat. Unfortunately, there was no time to discuss the situation. Eigrigg groaned and pulled herself to her feet, obviously still winded from the wounds she had been dealt. With a quick glance, she scanned her newly recovered belly in awe. "Wha-? How-?" The mirror shook her head. "There's no time for this! Did anyone see where the bilworper went?" "After it struck you, it ran off into the woods, following the tavernkeeper and his centuar friend," Enser explained. Eigrigg swore. "Great, that's just what we need," she sighed. "We need to go after him." "But you're hurt!" Ifor protested. "I don't know how good I did, or if I can do that again!" "It's worth the risk," Eigrigg spat through gritted teeth as she began to move. It was obvious her belly was still paining her. "The consequences will be worse if he achieves what he wants with this beast." "Then let us fight by your side," Enser vowed, glancing at his two classmates. "All of us." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62529214][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62529214&skin=0&apparel=494,12268,25044,21843,32703,21845&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/6339.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/34799.png[/img][/center] It was more difficult than Talfan expected to bring the bilworper back to the Many Eyes. It was hard enough getting the creature back into town, especially considering that both he and Jordan would find themselves unable to stop bouncing as soon as it got anywhere near them. A springfoot bilworper had not been his first choice of eldritch beings from the portal, but he would take what he could get. "Excuse me, is that one of the Forbidden Portal creatures?" A voice piped up from the edge of town. The ridgeback turned to see a young pearlcatcher, not far out of hatchlinghood, cautiously approaching it. There was something odd about her. After a moment of studying her, he realized that she had an unusual number of eyes, and yet she only wore glasses on two of them. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62740265][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62740265&skin=0&apparel=6269,24248,20849&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You shouldn't be here, you'll get yourself hurt," Talfan hissed. The pearlcatcher's eyes widened. "All I wanted was to learn a bit more about it! I'm fascinated by the mysteries of the world, especially those in the Starfall Isles." "Well, I'm not the one to help, I'm busy. Now scram, find some other mysteries!" Talfan hissed. The pearlcatcher sighed and reluctantly retreated back into town, tail drooping. "There we go," The ridgeback exchanged a look with Jordan. "Alone at last." "Actually, I'm afraid not," the centaur shook his head. "We have company." Talfan's head shot in the direction that his friend was pointing just in time to see Eigrigg and her students prowling closer, keeping a safe distance from the bilworper. He rolled his eyes. Couldn't he get rid of them? He must have hurt Eigrigg badly enough to at least put her off for a week or so, if not cripple her completely. "Surprised to see me, Tal?" Eigrigg raised a cheeky eyebrow. "No, you've got a knack for slithering back, [i]Riggsy[/i]," He spat out her name, trying to show none of their old friendliness remained. "That's right, you're not getting rid of me that easily," She shot back. "And you should know that I'm not giving up my catch without a fight!" Talfan growled, throwing his large body at the much smaller mirror. To her credit, she met him with a far greater ferocity, but he had failed to factor in the size of her students. Though untrained, both the imperial and the guardian matched him in size, and were easily upon him. He lost track of the wildclaw in the fight, though he trusted Jordan would take care of him. Talfan fought with all his might, but he had grown soft since taking on The Many Eyes. Breaking up tavern brawls was nothing compared to someone who had been trained to fight monsters. Though he tried to weaponize his cleaver, he found it leaving his grasp. He soon found himself pulling back for fear of his safety, only to see the wildclaw standing over the dead body of the bilworper, his rusty weapon in hand. Talfan glared at Jordan in fury, but he just shrugged. Red filled his vision, but he managed to calm it, turning instead to run back into town. He was back to square one, and he was infuriated. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/32#post_44146500]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres[/center] ----- Aaand here's the second part of the monster hunt! Hope you enjoy!

Day 22: ...Will, in Turn, be Crushed
Murky Scales
Sentence: Writing (finally, on with the action!)

dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png

Midnight awoke in his dorm alone.

It was an unusual occurrence. Normally, Enser slept late to accommodate for his late night shenanigans - whatever those were - and Midnight was enough of an early bird to rise long before classes began. He knew the wildclaw had returned in the night: he had certainly made enough noise coming it.

He wouldn't have let his roommate's disappearance bother him - Enser did strange things far too often to keep count of them - but it was when he realized Ifor had vanished too that he began to grow worried. What were they leaving him out of this time?

He knew skipping Garnet's lessons was basically a death sentence, but he was fed up with those two leaving him out all the time. He wanted to be a part of things, and he wouldn't let them slip away any longer. Filled with a resolve that allowed him to forget breakfast (the most important meal of the day - he never skipped out), he took off into the skies, following the thinning trail of light bubbles he recognized all too well from Snippers.

His wings ached as he flew above the trees of the Whisper Woods. Enser and Ifor had ventured rather deep. He was not expecting to have to fly so far. Just when he was wondering just how much further he would have to go, he caught sight of three familiar shapes among the trees below - Ifor, Enser, and the new teacher that he had not had the pleasure of learning from as of yet.
dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54487745&skin=0&apparel=363,3117,21803,21828,24245,21833,21807&xt=dressing.png

Eigrigg was lying very still. Above her stood both of his classmates, and he recognized the low notes of Ifor's singing. He banked for a landing, taking a turn around the scene to give himself the space to descend. Just as he pulled up behind his friends, he overheard them speaking.

"I think you've found your thing. I think it's healing magic." Enser exclaimed.

"Midnight is going to be so annoyed," Ifor chuckled, and Midnight felt his stomach drop. How could his friend, who failed to grasp any sort of magic she was taught, be gifted with the one form of magic he always wanted, but could never truly get?

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

Ifor turned as she heard a stifled gasp, and immediately felt guilty. Midnight looked so betrayed, and his forlorn green eyes pierced her soul like a dagger. He deserved this, not her. He had been spending his life studying magic, trying to learn the subtle art of healing, and here she was, unable to light a candle and yet gifted with far more power than she had earned.

The guardian scrambled for an apology, but every word she summoned died in her throat.

Unfortunately, there was no time to discuss the situation. Eigrigg groaned and pulled herself to her feet, obviously still winded from the wounds she had been dealt. With a quick glance, she scanned her newly recovered belly in awe.

"Wha-? How-?" The mirror shook her head. "There's no time for this! Did anyone see where the bilworper went?"

"After it struck you, it ran off into the woods, following the tavernkeeper and his centuar friend," Enser explained.

Eigrigg swore. "Great, that's just what we need," she sighed. "We need to go after him."

"But you're hurt!" Ifor protested. "I don't know how good I did, or if I can do that again!"

"It's worth the risk," Eigrigg spat through gritted teeth as she began to move. It was obvious her belly was still paining her. "The consequences will be worse if he achieves what he wants with this beast."

"Then let us fight by your side," Enser vowed, glancing at his two classmates. "All of us."

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

dragon?did=62529214&skin=0&apparel=494,12268,25044,21843,32703,21845&xt=dressing.png
6339.png
34799.png

It was more difficult than Talfan expected to bring the bilworper back to the Many Eyes. It was hard enough getting the creature back into town, especially considering that both he and Jordan would find themselves unable to stop bouncing as soon as it got anywhere near them. A springfoot bilworper had not been his first choice of eldritch beings from the portal, but he would take what he could get.

"Excuse me, is that one of the Forbidden Portal creatures?" A voice piped up from the edge of town. The ridgeback turned to see a young pearlcatcher, not far out of hatchlinghood, cautiously approaching it. There was something odd about her. After a moment of studying her, he realized that she had an unusual number of eyes, and yet she only wore glasses on two of them.
dragon?did=62740265&skin=0&apparel=6269,24248,20849&xt=dressing.png

"You shouldn't be here, you'll get yourself hurt," Talfan hissed.

The pearlcatcher's eyes widened. "All I wanted was to learn a bit more about it! I'm fascinated by the mysteries of the world, especially those in the Starfall Isles."

"Well, I'm not the one to help, I'm busy. Now scram, find some other mysteries!" Talfan hissed.

The pearlcatcher sighed and reluctantly retreated back into town, tail drooping.

"There we go," The ridgeback exchanged a look with Jordan. "Alone at last."

"Actually, I'm afraid not," the centaur shook his head. "We have company."

Talfan's head shot in the direction that his friend was pointing just in time to see Eigrigg and her students prowling closer, keeping a safe distance from the bilworper. He rolled his eyes. Couldn't he get rid of them? He must have hurt Eigrigg badly enough to at least put her off for a week or so, if not cripple her completely.

"Surprised to see me, Tal?" Eigrigg raised a cheeky eyebrow.

"No, you've got a knack for slithering back, Riggsy," He spat out her name, trying to show none of their old friendliness remained.

"That's right, you're not getting rid of me that easily," She shot back.

"And you should know that I'm not giving up my catch without a fight!" Talfan growled, throwing his large body at the much smaller mirror.

To her credit, she met him with a far greater ferocity, but he had failed to factor in the size of her students. Though untrained, both the imperial and the guardian matched him in size, and were easily upon him. He lost track of the wildclaw in the fight, though he trusted Jordan would take care of him.

Talfan fought with all his might, but he had grown soft since taking on The Many Eyes. Breaking up tavern brawls was nothing compared to someone who had been trained to fight monsters. Though he tried to weaponize his cleaver, he found it leaving his grasp. He soon found himself pulling back for fear of his safety, only to see the wildclaw standing over the dead body of the bilworper, his rusty weapon in hand.

Talfan glared at Jordan in fury, but he just shrugged. Red filled his vision, but he managed to calm it, turning instead to run back into town. He was back to square one, and he was infuriated.

Aaand here's the second part of the monster hunt! Hope you enjoy!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Oh, ouch. Having Midnight hear that would invite all sorts of drama. Aaaaand he doesn't quite seem socially aware or mature enough to handle it yet....Hopefully he'll learn soon!

It was nice to meet Sasha at last, and she looks great! Also, I had to lol at Jordan just shrugging at Talfan: "You couldn't handle all those dragons; whaddaya expect me to do? You ain't paying me enough for that"
@Petall Oh, ouch. Having Midnight hear that would invite all sorts of drama. Aaaaand he doesn't quite seem socially aware or mature enough to handle it yet....Hopefully he'll learn soon!

It was nice to meet Sasha at last, and she looks great! Also, I had to lol at Jordan just shrugging at Talfan: "You couldn't handle all those dragons; whaddaya expect me to do? You ain't paying me enough for that"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Noooo Midnight
But also yessss the angssstttt
This was such a great chapter though!
Noooo Midnight
But also yessss the angssstttt
This was such a great chapter though!
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
@Petall

Awww the poor Bilworper :((( I had to lol at the part where you described them trying to get back into town though... imagine a bouncing Ridgeback and centaur beside this strange adorable eldritch thing.

And Midnight please do not go off the deep end... I'm sure you'll find a way...
It's cool that Midnight and Ifor complement each other though! Both in personality and in magic.

Edit: Wow, the title of this chapter continues from the previous one! I was wondering why it seemed vaguely incomplete. Nice one! :D
@Petall

Awww the poor Bilworper :((( I had to lol at the part where you described them trying to get back into town though... imagine a bouncing Ridgeback and centaur beside this strange adorable eldritch thing.

And Midnight please do not go off the deep end... I'm sure you'll find a way...
It's cool that Midnight and Ifor complement each other though! Both in personality and in magic.

Edit: Wow, the title of this chapter continues from the previous one! I was wondering why it seemed vaguely incomplete. Nice one! :D
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

I love Sasha already!! I'm so excited to see where her character and story goes. (I love her theme song by the way!)

Oh no Midnight! He's definitely not going to like that.
I love Sasha already!! I'm so excited to see where her character and story goes. (I love her theme song by the way!)

Oh no Midnight! He's definitely not going to like that.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Petall
Are you subscribed?? also, although I see im on the pinglist, I don't think I was pinged for this one???
^^I don't know the theme song personally but from the lyrics I am very excited to give it a listen, ohohoho.

I feel bad for Midnight aswell :( I see Sasha is meant to get along with him, though, so perhaps he'll run off to trash his friends to her. "They ditched me! Do they even care that I've wanted healing my whole life? This is not fair! *insert snide snobby comment as they walk past*"
"Hmmm. Interesting. oh, huh. That's a pity." says sasha, probably busy examining the color changing ceiling tile.

I am going to be so sad if Midnight dies before getting his character arc, it leading to the worse or better. :( who am I kidding, I'll be sad if any of these chumps die early.
@Petall
Are you subscribed?? also, although I see im on the pinglist, I don't think I was pinged for this one???
^^I don't know the theme song personally but from the lyrics I am very excited to give it a listen, ohohoho.

I feel bad for Midnight aswell :( I see Sasha is meant to get along with him, though, so perhaps he'll run off to trash his friends to her. "They ditched me! Do they even care that I've wanted healing my whole life? This is not fair! *insert snide snobby comment as they walk past*"
"Hmmm. Interesting. oh, huh. That's a pity." says sasha, probably busy examining the color changing ceiling tile.

I am going to be so sad if Midnight dies before getting his character arc, it leading to the worse or better. :( who am I kidding, I'll be sad if any of these chumps die early.
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
@Petall

Bounce boy is out of commission! Sadly!

Poor midnight :( turns out he's the anxious one after all
@Petall

Bounce boy is out of commission! Sadly!

Poor midnight :( turns out he's the anxious one after all
4a400340c0be109b6c971f8fd8e6cc021baeb6c8.png
@Petall - Finally caught up. What a ride! I love Ifor's healing magic, and that it's activated by singing! I totally sang the healing song from 'Tangled' to myself as soon as I realized what was going on. :-D

Also, @HauntedWhale - adding one more to the chorus of praise for your watercolor! It deserves to be hanging up on the wall. :)
@Petall - Finally caught up. What a ride! I love Ifor's healing magic, and that it's activated by singing! I totally sang the healing song from 'Tangled' to myself as soon as I realized what was going on. :-D

Also, @HauntedWhale - adding one more to the chorus of praise for your watercolor! It deserves to be hanging up on the wall. :)
Noo, poor Midnight. Well this is going to send him careening down a dark path if anything will.

Ifor's version of magic is wonderful; she enjoys singing and healing magic is always a plus.

I love your descriptions of the creatures from the portal like the Springfoot and how it sends everyone hopping.

Yess, go Eigrigg! She is fast becoming a favorite of mine. Talfan can go stuff it.
Noo, poor Midnight. Well this is going to send him careening down a dark path if anything will.

Ifor's version of magic is wonderful; she enjoys singing and healing magic is always a plus.

I love your descriptions of the creatures from the portal like the Springfoot and how it sends everyone hopping.

Yess, go Eigrigg! She is fast becoming a favorite of mine. Talfan can go stuff it.

FaCKLHz.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Them FR 0:00
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lore Notebook
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Trading (1:1)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basic to Rare Chall
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifProgenitor Quest
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Clan Lore
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45 46