Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Hiveminded [CANCELED]
1 2 3 4
[rule] [rule] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2397522#post_32209991][img]https://i.imgur.com/OCx8mkW.png[/img][/url] [font=Lucida Console] [rule] [rule] [size=6][u]Project:[/size][size=5][I] ASTRAEUS[/I][/u][/size] [size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162/1]A Pinkerlock...[/url] ...Part Two [/size] [rule] [Size=5][u]Day [s]20[/s] 0[/u][/size] [size=3]Restart[/size] [item=Firestarter] "MOVE-" Astraeus breathed heavily as flames licked against his chitin, a yell having rung out through the chaotic air, but the consciousness couldn't pinpoint who through all the smoke and roaring fire, before shrieking as he suddenly felt his feet slip, a weight crashing into him. His back hit scorched wood, hissing in pain as he was tossed along the ground and scrambling to get up, catching the form of what looked like a mirror dart through the flames, a chuckle ringing out before it faded as his vision blurred, coughing hard. The sound of the crackling fire rung out in his ears, their home burning down, the cave practically becoming an oven, walls trapping the burning woods heat and he tensed up, swaying as he stepped forward, breathing heavily, struggling, before shaking his head, eyes closing, runes down his face starting to glow. .. [Hearing!Set:[I]False[/I]] [PainReceptors!Set:[I]False[/I]] ... He let out a slow breath and then slowly breathed in, straining against the smoke, arcane energies flowing around his body, seeping deep, and the ground soon slipped away, mind falling blank... [rule] [size=4]Welcome to my first Pinkerlock..... Continued![/size] ... This is a [I]soft reset[/I] of my first thread, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2767529]here[/url], which I [u]highly recommend reading through,[/u] if not just skimming briefly, to be caught up! I chose to reset the previous Pinkerlocke thread due to stress with writing (and various mistakes and bad formatting) which created months between posts before completely giving out, and being generally unhappy how I had handled it. This will essentially be a soft restart to continue where I left off, while not redoing all the interactions/events before, and not being as day to day strict, but to still force myself into writing cohesively and get into a proper rhythm, and I really wanted to do so in this. ... This Pinkerlock will follow the basic rules found on the 3.0 version, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162/1]here[/url], but slightly modified (below). It will center with my main dragon Astraeus who is part of the subspecies, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2397522#post_32209991]The Hivemind[/url] as a Mutant Strange Consciousness who was cast out from his original hive. (See beginning up to day 19 in the original thread here for context. Apologies for any mistakes in writing or roughness) His journey will change and shift based on how the story goes, either being able to grow past his alien programming and become a true dragon, or succumb and spread The Hive, all the while with a group of dragons beside him, with their own struggles to overcome. Of course The Hive are not the only oddities on Sorneith, the world a host to various problems, the Shade, Afflicted, Toxic, and many others... and Astraeus may end up more different then what was expected... This Pinkerlocke will also contain interactions with those who read, who can help push the story, base decisions, or essentially act as Dice Rolls, and if possible I'd like to injure prizes if certain puzzles and lore is found out. [rule] [rule] [Quote=TextFile!Rules] 1. Fainting in the Coliseum means Death. The dragon must be exalted [spoiler]or sold/given away.[/spoiler] -1a. Astraeus is immune to dying, however, if defeated during Coli, he must be in 'shutdown mode' for 2 days and will automatically add a Tally towards Hivemind. 2. [I]Every Weeks End[/I] (Sunday) a coin will be flipped. This coin will push Astraeus towards Hivemind (heads) or Dragonkind (tails) which is tracked in his Bio. An update will be posted with the equal day's update, often with a small writing part included, and this will effect story, dragon gain flip chances, etc. However this can be influenced by users, who can remove or add to what they wish, effecting the story. 3. Dragons can be spoiled in apparel whenever apparel is gained through Pinkerton. 4. [S]Astraeus Can Not Breed.[/S] Changed for lore reasons. 5. Only adult and ready to breed (or close enough wait time for breeding) dragons can be chosen from auction house, but must be cheapest. (Must roll 1-14 for Modern Breed pick. Ancient Breeds are exclusive and rare and can only be gained through writing lore/when fit. The same goes for Children, as they are either gained during the story, through breeding, or special event.) 6. Posting will be every two days, starting Monday. Monday, Wensday, Friday, Sunday. However depending on mood, this can change to daily to three days, depending on mood. [B]Pinkerton[/B] [U]Food[/U] Plant- 10-20 Battle's Insect- 20-30 Battle's Seafood- 30-40 Battle's (Specialty!: Astraeus can avoid battling if seafood is drawn) Meat- 40-50 Battle's Note: Battles may be done in any venue where experience can be gained for the corresponding dragons level, but once a dragon stops gaining experience, must move into the next venue. [U]Material and Trinkets[/U] [I]Reader Interaction[/I]- With these pulls, any reader involved, either on the pinglist or simply passing by, can change paths of the story. This will go a multitude of different ways, the lowest option being through vote, with the highest being direct influence, all the options being, Vote, Gift/Curse, Sway, Riddle. See below for more info. [U]Familiar[/U] Dragon time! Between 1-14 for the breeds, however a coin will be flipped to decide whether the dragon is a normal dragon (tails) or within hivemind (heads) requirements (perfect, strange, mutant, glitch, descendant, etc.). This changes with the coin flip to determine Astraeus's allegiance, which slowly will lean the flip to one way (I.e. 2/1 chance for Hivemind dragon, 3/2 dragonkind, etc. A higher chance. However this can change with lore, or through influence). Ancients depend on lore. [U]Apparel[/U] Breed two dragons together! (Once hatched, heads for exalt, tails for keeping.) If dragons can not be bred, spoil all in apparel (which is what normally will be done.) [U]Battle Items[/U] Death Streak Time Flip a coin, if tails up to three dragon's are randomly selected to go ten rounds in coli straight. No healing or items, and if a dragon dies the streak is over. [/quote] [rule] [rule] [size=4][B]Interactions?[/b][/size] TBA, or TBA in general, but possibly interact with other dragons and clans in Dragon Share, or in other ongoing Pinkerlocks. Will see. Can also interact through PM's possibly? This will influence Astraeus and how he has an outlook to dragon's and dragonkind. [rule] [center][size=4][b]Reader Interaction[/b][/size][/center] As said above in rules, pulling Materials/Trinkets will allow any reader to interact and change the story in any variety of ways [I]Vote[/I] is when options are given and users can reply to the thread with the specific number to vote for. This can be anything, such as going in a certain direction, gathering for specific items, etc. If a vote is tied, it'll be decided on coin flip. [I]Gift[/I] is when users can suggest something good happening to the group, either good items, good fortune, food, etc, or [I]Curse,[/I] which is when users can do the opposite, having bad interactions occur, fights, beastclan troubles, bad weather, etc, which will be randomly rolled from everyone who comments suggestions. [I]Sway[/I] when users can directly change the path of a dragon, or sway their thoughts, to be more aversive or cautious, to do a specific thing in the story, or to look into or gather in a specific area, often to gain new lore. Kinda like influencing their thoughts. And [I]Riddle[/I] is the highest option, in which clues are given either in story or in the bio of a dragon, and when solved by any user, that user can then suggest a Change, which can be anything (with obvious limitations). This can be anything, either suggesting for all dragons to go through Coli for whatever amount of rounds, a bad scenario, a good scenario, to buy a new dragon, etc. Anything they have in mind, and this will be rare, and sometimes this user can also gain treasure or apparel as a gift for solving the riddle, or figuring the clue out. [rule] [rule]

OCx8mkW.png

Project: ASTRAEUS
A Pinkerlock...
...Part Two

Day 20 0
Restart
Firestarter
"MOVE-"

Astraeus breathed heavily as flames licked against his chitin, a yell having rung out through the chaotic air, but the consciousness couldn't pinpoint who through all the smoke and roaring fire, before shrieking as he suddenly felt his feet slip, a weight crashing into him.

His back hit scorched wood, hissing in pain as he was tossed along the ground and scrambling to get up, catching the form of what looked like a mirror dart through the flames, a chuckle ringing out before it faded as his vision blurred, coughing hard. The sound of the crackling fire rung out in his ears, their home burning down, the cave practically becoming an oven, walls trapping the burning woods heat and he tensed up, swaying as he stepped forward, breathing heavily, struggling, before shaking his head, eyes closing, runes down his face starting to glow.
[Hearing!Set:False]
[PainReceptors!Set:False]
He let out a slow breath and then slowly breathed in, straining against the smoke, arcane energies flowing around his body, seeping deep, and the ground soon slipped away, mind falling blank...

Welcome to my first Pinkerlock.....
Continued!

This is a soft reset of my first thread, here, which I highly recommend reading through, if not just skimming briefly, to be caught up!

I chose to reset the previous Pinkerlocke thread due to stress with writing (and various mistakes and bad formatting) which created months between posts before completely giving out, and being generally unhappy how I had handled it. This will essentially be a soft restart to continue where I left off, while not redoing all the interactions/events before, and not being as day to day strict, but to still force myself into writing cohesively and get into a proper rhythm, and I really wanted to do so in this.
This Pinkerlock will follow the basic rules found on the 3.0 version, here, but slightly modified (below). It will center with my main dragon Astraeus who is part of the subspecies, The Hivemind as a Mutant Strange Consciousness who was cast out from his original hive. (See beginning up to day 19 in the original thread here for context. Apologies for any mistakes in writing or roughness)

His journey will change and shift based on how the story goes, either being able to grow past his alien programming and become a true dragon, or succumb and spread The Hive, all the while with a group of dragons beside him, with their own struggles to overcome. Of course The Hive are not the only oddities on Sorneith, the world a host to various problems, the Shade, Afflicted, Toxic, and many others... and Astraeus may end up more different then what was expected...

This Pinkerlocke will also contain interactions with those who read, who can help push the story, base decisions, or essentially act as Dice Rolls, and if possible I'd like to injure prizes if certain puzzles and lore is found out.

TextFile!Rules wrote:
1. Fainting in the Coliseum means Death. The dragon must be exalted or sold/given away.
-1a. Astraeus is immune to dying, however, if defeated during Coli, he must be in 'shutdown mode' for 2 days and will automatically add a Tally towards Hivemind.

2. Every Weeks End (Sunday) a coin will be flipped. This coin will push Astraeus towards Hivemind (heads) or Dragonkind (tails) which is tracked in his Bio. An update will be posted with the equal day's update, often with a small writing part included, and this will effect story, dragon gain flip chances, etc. However this can be influenced by users, who can remove or add to what they wish, effecting the story.

3. Dragons can be spoiled in apparel whenever apparel is gained through Pinkerton.

4. Astraeus Can Not Breed. Changed for lore reasons.

5. Only adult and ready to breed (or close enough wait time for breeding) dragons can be chosen from auction house, but must be cheapest. (Must roll 1-14 for Modern Breed pick. Ancient Breeds are exclusive and rare and can only be gained through writing lore/when fit. The same goes for Children, as they are either gained during the story, through breeding, or special event.)

6. Posting will be every two days, starting Monday. Monday, Wensday, Friday, Sunday. However depending on mood, this can change to daily to three days, depending on mood.

Pinkerton
Food
Plant- 10-20 Battle's
Insect- 20-30 Battle's
Seafood- 30-40 Battle's (Specialty!: Astraeus can avoid battling if seafood is drawn)
Meat- 40-50 Battle's

Note: Battles may be done in any venue where experience can be gained for the corresponding dragons level, but once a dragon stops gaining experience, must move into the next venue.

Material and Trinkets
Reader Interaction- With these pulls, any reader involved, either on the pinglist or simply passing by, can change paths of the story. This will go a multitude of different ways, the lowest option being through vote, with the highest being direct influence, all the options being, Vote, Gift/Curse, Sway, Riddle. See below for more info.

Familiar
Dragon time! Between 1-14 for the breeds, however a coin will be flipped to decide whether the dragon is a normal dragon (tails) or within hivemind (heads) requirements (perfect, strange, mutant, glitch, descendant, etc.). This changes with the coin flip to determine Astraeus's allegiance, which slowly will lean the flip to one way (I.e. 2/1 chance for Hivemind dragon, 3/2 dragonkind, etc. A higher chance. However this can change with lore, or through influence). Ancients depend on lore.

Apparel
Breed two dragons together! (Once hatched, heads for exalt, tails for keeping.) If dragons can not be bred, spoil all in apparel (which is what normally will be done.)

Battle Items
Death Streak Time
Flip a coin, if tails up to three dragon's are randomly selected to go ten rounds in coli straight. No healing or items, and if a dragon dies the streak is over.

Interactions?
TBA, or TBA in general, but possibly interact with other dragons and clans in Dragon Share, or in other ongoing Pinkerlocks. Will see.
Can also interact through PM's possibly?
This will influence Astraeus and how he has an outlook to dragon's and dragonkind.

Reader Interaction
As said above in rules, pulling Materials/Trinkets will allow any reader to interact and change the story in any variety of ways

Vote is when options are given and users can reply to the thread with the specific number to vote for. This can be anything, such as going in a certain direction, gathering for specific items, etc. If a vote is tied, it'll be decided on coin flip.

Gift is when users can suggest something good happening to the group, either good items, good fortune, food, etc, or Curse, which is when users can do the opposite, having bad interactions occur, fights, beastclan troubles, bad weather, etc, which will be randomly rolled from everyone who comments suggestions.

Sway when users can directly change the path of a dragon, or sway their thoughts, to be more aversive or cautious, to do a specific thing in the story, or to look into or gather in a specific area, often to gain new lore. Kinda like influencing their thoughts.

And Riddle is the highest option, in which clues are given either in story or in the bio of a dragon, and when solved by any user, that user can then suggest a Change, which can be anything (with obvious limitations). This can be anything, either suggesting for all dragons to go through Coli for whatever amount of rounds, a bad scenario, a good scenario, to buy a new dragon, etc. Anything they have in mind, and this will be rare, and sometimes this user can also gain treasure or apparel as a gift for solving the riddle, or figuring the clue out.

Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
[rule] [rule] [center][size=5][u]Main Dragons[/u][/size][/center] [rule] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51786924][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/517870/51786924.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u]Astraeus[/u][/size] [size=4][I]Star Born[/I][/size] [size=2]Day 0*[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52764160][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/527642/52764160.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u]Ignatia[/u][/size] [size=4][I]Glass Forged[/I][/size] [size=2]Day 1.5*[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56146339][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/561464/56146339.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u]MemoryBank[/u][/size] [size=4][I]Faulty Memory[/I][/size] [size=2]Day 3*[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55766162][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/557662/55766162.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u]Oreus[/u][/size] [size=4][I]False Honesty[/I][/size] [size=2]Day 9*[/size] [nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61836186][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/618362/61836186.png[/img][/url] [size=6][u]Tudur[/u][/size] [size=4][I]Heart Bound[/I][/size] [size=2]Day 6[/size] [/columns] [size=1][I]*=Original Thread Days[/I][/size] [rule] [center][size=5][u]Side Characters[/u][/size][/center] [rule] [size=3]Aete[/size] [item=Silky Webwing] [size=3]Titani[/size] [item=Basilisk] [size=3]Torre[/size] [item=Aurora Pangolin] [rule] [rule] [Center][size=5][u][I]Deaths[/I][/u][/size][/center] [center][size=3]Items are used to prevent spoilers! Click on your own discretion[/size][/center] [columns][Item=Sparrow Skull] [/columns] [rule] [rule]

Main Dragons

51786924.png
Astraeus
Star Born
Day 0*

52764160.png
Ignatia
Glass Forged
Day 1.5*

56146339.png
MemoryBank
Faulty Memory
Day 3*

55766162.png
Oreus
False Honesty
Day 9*
61836186.png
Tudur
Heart Bound
Day 6
*=Original Thread Days
Side Characters

Aete
Silky Webwing

Titani
Basilisk

Torre
Aurora Pangolin

Deaths
Items are used to prevent spoilers! Click on your own discretion
Sparrow Skull

WishList
Bottled Embers

NPC's

TBA (will be for dragons that are in my clan, or others, that briefly appear.

NPC's

TBA (will be for dragons that are in my clan, or others, that briefly appear.

WishList
Bottled Embers
Reserve
Reserve
WishList
Bottled Embers

Days
Day 1
"Smoke"

Day 2
"Rise"

Day 3
"Scatter"

Day 4
"Fall"

Day 5
"Burn"

Day 6
"Stall"

Day 7
"Sink"
Day 7.5
"Swim"

Day 8
"Float"

Day 0
"insert"

Day 0
"insert"
Pinglist for Updates
@\RedSiren @\ToastyThief @\Dragonfire546

Days
Day 1
"Smoke"

Day 2
"Rise"

Day 3
"Scatter"

Day 4
"Fall"

Day 5
"Burn"

Day 6
"Stall"

Day 7
"Sink"
Day 7.5
"Swim"

Day 8
"Float"

Day 0
"insert"

Day 0
"insert"
Pinglist for Updates
@\RedSiren @\ToastyThief @\Dragonfire546

WishList
Bottled Embers
[rule] [rule] [font=Lucida Console] [Center][size=5]Day One[/size][/center] [Center][size=3][I]"Smoke"[/I][/size][/center] It had Settled. Ignatia was shuttering, laid across the cool dirt, feathers still warm, skin beneath aching, as she let out a pained cough, and then another, trying to clear her throat, her lungs, shaking her head, before looking up, breathing heavily. "Are we... Are we..?" Oreus let out a groan in response, the imperial breathing heavily as he slowly rose up, looking down to pearlcatcher and basilisk wrapped in his coat underneath him, his webbing tucked safely in the coat pocket, and he nodded. "We're fine Ignatia. Just, stay... stay down. You're hurt." Ignatia let out a huff in response, ignoring him as she pushed herself up, paws gripping the dirt as her teeth pressed together hissing, straining. "What about... Astra... we need..." Oreus growled, quickly moving over to the smaller dragon and nudging her good side with his nose, huffing. "Lay down, now. You're too badly hurt t'be movin' yourself around like that now." Ignatia's gaze tensed, locking eyes with him, a gaze Oreus only returned, deep cyan hardening into those shattered eyes, and the coatl finally relented, laying down with a strained huff, Oreus sighing. The Imperial shook his head, starting to move towards the game, smoke still rising from its maw, keeping a distance back as he peered in, able to easily see the still smoldering cinders, the fire consuming essentially everything that wasn't metal, but his lips curled back, frowning, no sign of the brightly colored coatl, no signature glow. Nothing. A curse slipped his lips at that, but he made sure it was quiet as he turned, slowly walking back to the coatl's side with as light of a step he could muster, peering at her. Eyes closed, breathing steadily... asleep. Or passed out. Both were good, Ignatia really burned herself trying to diminish the fire's strength, help them get out with their scales in tact, so she [I]needed[/I] the rest or she'd be dead before the sun came back up... but, Oreus couldn't help but frown, knowing he was the only one up and least hurt out of the group, and they were still down one member. He could only hope Astraeus was fine, but it was nighttime, in the Wasteland.... and he couldn't go out and look, leaving Ignatia and Memory and their familiars alone, and with no shelter as the cave was still a smouldering mess... and neither of them could defend themselves, Memory was already hurt and Ignatia had burns all over her wings. And all their resources burned away... Oreus wasn't sure what he should do. [rule] And here we are, at the beginning! Or the new beginning. Seems our small group has been burned out of their home and only one of them is currently up in fighting condition, while another is missing. I'm excited to be restarting this now, and we are going to restart with a small [I]Vote![/I] Basically: [U]What do you guys think Oreus should do?[/u] 1- Go search for Astraeus. 2- Gather Food/Supplies. 3- Stay. [center][item=Bottled Embers][/center] [rule] [size=1]Pinglist @RedSiren @ToastyThief @Dragonfire546[/size] [rule] [rule]

Day One
"Smoke"
It had Settled.

Ignatia was shuttering, laid across the cool dirt, feathers still warm, skin beneath aching, as she let out a pained cough, and then another, trying to clear her throat, her lungs, shaking her head, before looking up, breathing heavily. "Are we... Are we..?"

Oreus let out a groan in response, the imperial breathing heavily as he slowly rose up, looking down to pearlcatcher and basilisk wrapped in his coat underneath him, his webbing tucked safely in the coat pocket, and he nodded. "We're fine Ignatia. Just, stay... stay down. You're hurt."

Ignatia let out a huff in response, ignoring him as she pushed herself up, paws gripping the dirt as her teeth pressed together hissing, straining. "What about... Astra... we need..." Oreus growled, quickly moving over to the smaller dragon and nudging her good side with his nose, huffing. "Lay down, now. You're too badly hurt t'be movin' yourself around like that now."

Ignatia's gaze tensed, locking eyes with him, a gaze Oreus only returned, deep cyan hardening into those shattered eyes, and the coatl finally relented, laying down with a strained huff, Oreus sighing. The Imperial shook his head, starting to move towards the game, smoke still rising from its maw, keeping a distance back as he peered in, able to easily see the still smoldering cinders, the fire consuming essentially everything that wasn't metal, but his lips curled back, frowning, no sign of the brightly colored coatl, no signature glow. Nothing.

A curse slipped his lips at that, but he made sure it was quiet as he turned, slowly walking back to the coatl's side with as light of a step he could muster, peering at her.

Eyes closed, breathing steadily... asleep. Or passed out.

Both were good, Ignatia really burned herself trying to diminish the fire's strength, help them get out with their scales in tact, so she needed the rest or she'd be dead before the sun came back up... but, Oreus couldn't help but frown, knowing he was the only one up and least hurt out of the group, and they were still down one member. He could only hope Astraeus was fine, but it was nighttime, in the Wasteland.... and he couldn't go out and look, leaving Ignatia and Memory and their familiars alone, and with no shelter as the cave was still a smouldering mess... and neither of them could defend themselves, Memory was already hurt and Ignatia had burns all over her wings. And all their resources burned away...

Oreus wasn't sure what he should do.
And here we are, at the beginning! Or the new beginning. Seems our small group has been burned out of their home and only one of them is currently up in fighting condition, while another is missing.

I'm excited to be restarting this now, and we are going to restart with a small Vote!
Basically: What do you guys think Oreus should do?
1- Go search for Astraeus.
2- Gather Food/Supplies.
3- Stay.
Bottled Embers

Pinglist
@RedSiren @ToastyThief @Dragonfire546

WishList
Bottled Embers
Ohhh um...for survival; I vote 2! It gets some searching done and food/water to survive longer! Maybe he could find medicinal items as well!!! :D
Ohhh um...for survival; I vote 2! It gets some searching done and food/water to survive longer! Maybe he could find medicinal items as well!!! :D
tumblr_inline_p7ck57ROwS1u2mdgr_540.pngqesQFkT.gifA small, circular badge. The background image of the badge is a soft, pastel sky with rosy colored clouds. A piece of yellowed parchment and quill pen, along with a silver broadsword, are in the middle of the badge. The words 'Donate Services' are placed above and below the parchment, quill, and sword in the middle.
maybe 1?
maybe 1?
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
[rule] [rule] [font=Lucida Console] [Center][size=5]Day 2[/size][/center] [Center][size=3][I]"Rise"[/I][/size][/center] The sun was rising up. Oreus huffed as he pulled the bramble branches together, swiping thorns away with his claws as he went, smoothing the wood out before tightening the weaved wood together, pressing and making sure it was sturdy. And it was, it resisted his hands as they pushed against the weaving and he huffed, setting the basket down. He reached, running his claws through his mane, before down, rubbing his eyes and grumbling, squeezing to force himself awake, looking over what he had been working on. It took a while, but he finished, looking over the four large baskets, enough to feed two imperials full of food, let alone a pearlcatcher and coatl, but he spent almost all night gathering the branches to weave together and huffed. He shifted, taking the threads of rope he found, tying the rope along the baskets, holes he made for the rope, before pulling them up and onto his back, rolling his shoulders with a deep breath. The Imperial paused for a moment though, looking to where his coat was, currently close to the entrance of the cave, having moved Ignatia while she slept to be closer to the pearlcatcher and familiars, and underneath his coat, frowning for a moment, before turning, shaking his head. They'd be safe, they'd be fine. Just as long as nothing came close by... and he made sure the cost was disguised, layering dirt and soot ontop of it to mask their smells, along with some branches.. They'd be fine. ... ... [I]Astraeus.... Wake up...[/I] The coatls felt itself shutter, cold breath leaving its lips, looking around the darkened landscape, crest flared out, wings open. Where was he? This wasn't the wasteland... Astraeus paused, looking down, dragging claws along something that felt cold, that then cracked, splintering up, eyes widening. Ice. [I]Wake up...[/I] A sensation passed over him, a familiar sensation of dread as a shriek broke his lips, lunging out of the way of the splitting ice, starting to run, skidding across the surface, breathing heavily, a voice echoing, low and growling, but familiar. [I]Wake...up...[/I] He was stopped though, a loud crack, ice jutting upwards and smashing into his leg, causing him to tumble with a screech, ice splintering under him and then the surface starting to melt, steam rising upwards, and his eyes widened, smoke rushing upwards, and then Flame. [B]Wake Up.[/B] ... ... It was... warm. Ignatia was breathing steadily, she was comfortable, warm, but was slowly fluttering awake as her eyes opened. She let out a breath, shifting around a bit, before rolling onto her front with a sigh, and let out a huff as she shifted, pushing herself up and pulling the coat off her body. She winced at the light hitting her eyes, bringing a paw up and rubbing her eyes with a grumble, sniffling for a moment as she looked around. Memory was still asleep, and she yelled the cat back over the sleeping pearlcatcher, and the sun was low, clouds over the red sky starting to become an orange, but a low hiss made her look down. Her basilisk was awake, Titani waddling over and nudge her, another low chirping hiss from her beak, a smile breaking her tired features as she let out a soft coo back, nuzzling into her familiar, before pulling away and walking forward, shifting and glancing, seeing her wings were... wrapped. Cloth? But her attention was broken as she spotted what looked like large baskets, four of them, nose twitching as she peered into one of them, seeing a variety of fish and shellfish, eyes widening, enough to feed both her and Memory. Pushing away her though, she grabbed a fish, quickly starting to bite into it, chewing slowly. The coatl really was hungry, and she swallowed gingerly, setting the fish down and approaching another basket that had [I]water[/I], the inside layered with some sort of skin, and she leaned her head on and started drinking, but her eyes caught something, and she spotted.... Oreus. Her lips curled back, pulling away frowning as she approached the Imperial, who was curled up beside the cave, leaned against the stone wall and breathing steadily, and he looked...tired. How long was he out gathering for?... She frowned as she eyed her wings, the cloth wrapped around them, strips of his own coat and some sort of medicine she could feel, something wet and cold, but numbing as she looked the imperial over. His back looked worn, rope burns maybe, and his hands had a variety of cuts along them, but she could spot something inbetween them. She leaned down to spot a brown gemstone he was carving into, a shape of a flower of some sort, maybe busying himself, trying to stay awake? She smiled, able to tell that failed and huffed, reaching around and pulling her quilt away, gently pulling it over the Imperial's face, back, letting the warmth seep in and keep him comfortable as she walked away, looking around. It was a good thing atleast one of them was awake, any of them passed out through the night would've been bad... but her gaze started to drift around the darkening landscape, and paused, looking back into the cave, something... catching her gaze. Light, purple and glowing, she started to walk forward into the cave, tail brushing away soot, pushing it away, making sure to hot breath in the toxic air. She frowned as she looked around, most of the items they had pretty much gone, only a few scraps of metal remaining, but she caught the glow again and leaned down, tail reaching forward and wrapping around something, and pulling, and her head tilted. A metal looking box, scorched from the fire, she wasn't sure what it was. Nothing they had, that was for sure, it's construction looked very... Lightning like. Maybe something Oreus owned? Nothing he showed her though. She looked it over, wiping soot off its surface, pausing as she noticed something. The front was glass, cracked, and she could see wires sticking out, which were very much burned from the fire and then... the source of the glow. A pink rock, arcane like energy, that was floating inside the box, which had black looking... something. Black areas that didn't glow at all and most pulsed. She shivered, shaking her head as she started to walk back out of the cave, looking the box over in full, wiping more soot off, but more trying to figure what the box was... and paused, looking at Oreus, then the box, the floating pink shade, moving it around, watching it shift, as if pointing in one direction... [rule] And day two! Vote got split, so I decided on coin flip and gathering won out! And Oreus managed to find some resources! Mostly food, but also some plants to help Ignatia's wounds, and food which will. And with a material pull, another vote! Ignatia found an odd box she doesn't recognize, something Lightning like but with Arcane gems. What should she do? 1- Stay with the group, since she's the only one awake, essentially waiting them to wake up. 2- Follow the direction of the gem. [center][item=Hematite][/center] [rule] [size=1]Pinglist @RedSiren @ToastyThief @Dragonfire546[/size] [rule] [rule]

Day 2
"Rise"
The sun was rising up.

Oreus huffed as he pulled the bramble branches together, swiping thorns away with his claws as he went, smoothing the wood out before tightening the weaved wood together, pressing and making sure it was sturdy. And it was, it resisted his hands as they pushed against the weaving and he huffed, setting the basket down. He reached, running his claws through his mane, before down, rubbing his eyes and grumbling, squeezing to force himself awake, looking over what he had been working on.

It took a while, but he finished, looking over the four large baskets, enough to feed two imperials full of food, let alone a pearlcatcher and coatl, but he spent almost all night gathering the branches to weave together and huffed. He shifted, taking the threads of rope he found, tying the rope along the baskets, holes he made for the rope, before pulling them up and onto his back, rolling his shoulders with a deep breath.

The Imperial paused for a moment though, looking to where his coat was, currently close to the entrance of the cave, having moved Ignatia while she slept to be closer to the pearlcatcher and familiars, and underneath his coat, frowning for a moment, before turning, shaking his head.

They'd be safe, they'd be fine. Just as long as nothing came close by... and he made sure the cost was disguised, layering dirt and soot ontop of it to mask their smells, along with some branches..

They'd be fine.

Astraeus.... Wake up...
The coatls felt itself shutter, cold breath leaving its lips, looking around the darkened landscape, crest flared out, wings open.
Where was he? This wasn't the wasteland...
Astraeus paused, looking down, dragging claws along something that felt cold, that then cracked, splintering up, eyes widening.
Ice.
Wake up...
A sensation passed over him, a familiar sensation of dread as a shriek broke his lips, lunging out of the way of the splitting ice, starting to run, skidding across the surface, breathing heavily, a voice echoing, low and growling, but familiar.
Wake...up...
He was stopped though, a loud crack, ice jutting upwards and smashing into his leg, causing him to tumble with a screech, ice splintering under him and then the surface starting to melt, steam rising upwards, and his eyes widened, smoke rushing upwards, and then
Flame.
Wake Up.

It was... warm. Ignatia was breathing steadily, she was comfortable, warm, but was slowly fluttering awake as her eyes opened. She let out a breath, shifting around a bit, before rolling onto her front with a sigh, and let out a huff as she shifted, pushing herself up and pulling the coat off her body.

She winced at the light hitting her eyes, bringing a paw up and rubbing her eyes with a grumble, sniffling for a moment as she looked around. Memory was still asleep, and she yelled the cat back over the sleeping pearlcatcher, and the sun was low, clouds over the red sky starting to become an orange, but a low hiss made her look down. Her basilisk was awake, Titani waddling over and nudge her, another low chirping hiss from her beak, a smile breaking her tired features as she let out a soft coo back, nuzzling into her familiar, before pulling away and walking forward, shifting and glancing, seeing her wings were... wrapped. Cloth?

But her attention was broken as she spotted what looked like large baskets, four of them, nose twitching as she peered into one of them, seeing a variety of fish and shellfish, eyes widening, enough to feed both her and Memory. Pushing away her though, she grabbed a fish, quickly starting to bite into it, chewing slowly. The coatl really was hungry, and she swallowed gingerly, setting the fish down and approaching another basket that had water, the inside layered with some sort of skin, and she leaned her head on and started drinking, but her eyes caught something, and she spotted....

Oreus.

Her lips curled back, pulling away frowning as she approached the Imperial, who was curled up beside the cave, leaned against the stone wall and breathing steadily, and he looked...tired. How long was he out gathering for?...

She frowned as she eyed her wings, the cloth wrapped around them, strips of his own coat and some sort of medicine she could feel, something wet and cold, but numbing as she looked the imperial over. His back looked worn, rope burns maybe, and his hands had a variety of cuts along them, but she could spot something inbetween them. She leaned down to spot a brown gemstone he was carving into, a shape of a flower of some sort, maybe busying himself, trying to stay awake?

She smiled, able to tell that failed and huffed, reaching around and pulling her quilt away, gently pulling it over the Imperial's face, back, letting the warmth seep in and keep him comfortable as she walked away, looking around.

It was a good thing atleast one of them was awake, any of them passed out through the night would've been bad... but her gaze started to drift around the darkening landscape, and paused, looking back into the cave, something... catching her gaze.

Light, purple and glowing, she started to walk forward into the cave, tail brushing away soot, pushing it away, making sure to hot breath in the toxic air. She frowned as she looked around, most of the items they had pretty much gone, only a few scraps of metal remaining, but she caught the glow again and leaned down, tail reaching forward and wrapping around something, and pulling, and her head tilted.

A metal looking box, scorched from the fire, she wasn't sure what it was. Nothing they had, that was for sure, it's construction looked very... Lightning like. Maybe something Oreus owned? Nothing he showed her though.

She looked it over, wiping soot off its surface, pausing as she noticed something. The front was glass, cracked, and she could see wires sticking out, which were very much burned from the fire and then... the source of the glow. A pink rock, arcane like energy, that was floating inside the box, which had black looking... something. Black areas that didn't glow at all and most pulsed.

She shivered, shaking her head as she started to walk back out of the cave, looking the box over in full, wiping more soot off, but more trying to figure what the box was... and paused, looking at Oreus, then the box, the floating pink shade, moving it around, watching it shift, as if pointing in one direction...

And day two! Vote got split, so I decided on coin flip and gathering won out!
And Oreus managed to find some resources! Mostly food, but also some plants to help Ignatia's wounds, and food which will.
And with a material pull, another vote!
Ignatia found an odd box she doesn't recognize, something Lightning like but with Arcane gems. What should she do?
1- Stay with the group, since she's the only one awake, essentially waiting them to wake up.
2- Follow the direction of the gem.
Hematite

Pinglist
@RedSiren @ToastyThief @Dragonfire546

WishList
Bottled Embers
I vote 1! gotta keep the others in the know as well
I vote 1! gotta keep the others in the know as well
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
1 2 3 4