Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Whimsical Windows 2020 [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50
Sunday [rule] [quote]Lore Task: What sort of significance do board games (or games in general) have in your clan? Are they used for clan-bonding and relaxing? Or are they reserved for hatchlings? Tell us all about it! Alternatively, if your clan doesn't play games, tell us why![/quote] For the adults in my clan, it’s all work work work, so there’s never really any time for games. Occasionally someone will offer up a small word game or something of the sort, but mostly, they have things to do. Hatchlings on the other hand, they play games [i]all the time[/i]. Parents usually encourage their kids to play games with others so they can have a break from caretaking, but it’s also a great way to encourage not having a huge fit when you lose.
Sunday
Quote:
Lore Task: What sort of significance do board games (or games in general) have in your clan? Are they used for clan-bonding and relaxing? Or are they reserved for hatchlings? Tell us all about it! Alternatively, if your clan doesn't play games, tell us why!
For the adults in my clan, it’s all work work work, so there’s never really any time for games. Occasionally someone will offer up a small word game or something of the sort, but mostly, they have things to do. Hatchlings on the other hand, they play games all the time. Parents usually encourage their kids to play games with others so they can have a break from caretaking, but it’s also a great way to encourage not having a huge fit when you lose.
"link • ufology
they/he/she
Day 1:
I've already signed up for Behemoth's Labyrinth, so I'll answer the lore question (:

My clan doesn't play board games (as many human items/concepts aren't canon in my clan lore), but they do play games! Scavenger hunts, hide-and-seek, tag, etc--- any game that's interactive between a dragon and its environment is often played by hatchlings in the clan. Hatchlings are free to invent whatever games they choose, although some hatchlings are more creative than others. Adult dragons typically don't partake in many games, but occasionally they do (mostly drinking games, lol).
Day 1:
I've already signed up for Behemoth's Labyrinth, so I'll answer the lore question (:

My clan doesn't play board games (as many human items/concepts aren't canon in my clan lore), but they do play games! Scavenger hunts, hide-and-seek, tag, etc--- any game that's interactive between a dragon and its environment is often played by hatchlings in the clan. Hatchlings are free to invent whatever games they choose, although some hatchlings are more creative than others. Adult dragons typically don't partake in many games, but occasionally they do (mostly drinking games, lol).
wjPnp7u.png
[center][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [b]Serenefire's Daily Progress[/b][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][emoji=ivy leaf size=1][/center] Day 1: Signed up for the Behemoth's Labyrinth: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2862322/9#post_43388656
Serenefire's Daily Progress

Day 1: Signed up for the Behemoth's Labyrinth: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2862322/9#post_43388656

OABZqDF.png
I joined Behemoth's Labyrinth, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Or rather, Sukhumi did. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61460486] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/614605/61460486_350.png[/img] [/url]
I joined Behemoth's Labyrinth, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Or rather, Sukhumi did.

61460486_350.png
tDeKDnH.png YDYolOP.png jbMnTvf.pngKaL7agX.png
sunday [img]https://imgur.com/KJTb7Fg.png[/img]
sunday

KJTb7Fg.png
Day 1:

Are screenshots the required method of posting scores?

I just played a game of Runestones of the Arcanist with the music on for the first time, and boy was that an experience. But I scored a nice even 51,000.

But I can answer the lore question: Board games aren't a thing, but hatchlings play other sorts of games and the adults also use them to teach the hatchlings various skills. Dragon edutainment, basically-- like "pouncing lessons" but more sophisticated.
Day 1:

Are screenshots the required method of posting scores?

I just played a game of Runestones of the Arcanist with the music on for the first time, and boy was that an experience. But I scored a nice even 51,000.

But I can answer the lore question: Board games aren't a thing, but hatchlings play other sorts of games and the adults also use them to teach the hatchlings various skills. Dragon edutainment, basically-- like "pouncing lessons" but more sophisticated.
don't like my dragons
I've signed up for the Labyrinth!
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2862322/10#post_43390165

Lore Question:

Clan Twinstar has never really had much interest in board games. Treble, the clan's archaeologist, has certainly dug up a few games from the Second Era in her excavations, but they've remained little more than a curiosity. Beyond that, the clan has always preferred card games to board games, no doubt due to their use by a couple of the clan's fortune tellers.

That said, this year's Nature celebration may well spark a newfound interest in these games. Cerulean, the clan's librarian, is already looking into getting some chess sets to set up in the library (of various sizes, of course, so everyone can play). Other members of the clan are looking into how these games can reflect, or maybe even alter reality- always a risk when dealing with Arcane magics. And finally, Northstar might find that his inn becomes home to a few board games as well after this festival is over- at least as long as the players don't start throwing the pieces everywhere.
I've signed up for the Labyrinth!
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2862322/10#post_43390165

Lore Question:

Clan Twinstar has never really had much interest in board games. Treble, the clan's archaeologist, has certainly dug up a few games from the Second Era in her excavations, but they've remained little more than a curiosity. Beyond that, the clan has always preferred card games to board games, no doubt due to their use by a couple of the clan's fortune tellers.

That said, this year's Nature celebration may well spark a newfound interest in these games. Cerulean, the clan's librarian, is already looking into getting some chess sets to set up in the library (of various sizes, of course, so everyone can play). Other members of the clan are looking into how these games can reflect, or maybe even alter reality- always a risk when dealing with Arcane magics. And finally, Northstar might find that his inn becomes home to a few board games as well after this festival is over- at least as long as the players don't start throwing the pieces everywhere.
xpP2XdL.png
Day 1:
I signed up on Friday and took my move for today!
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2862322/11#post_43391141
Day 1:
I signed up on Friday and took my move for today!
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2862322/11#post_43391141
ONZG2xX.png
Art Sales

Lore Shop

Art Trades
I posted in Behemoth's Labyrinth here!
I posted in Behemoth's Labyrinth here!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
Sunday Lore Task

The Clan of Reaching Stars prides itself on coming from all walks of life, and often takes in older hatchlings or full grown dragons rather than has newborns in the Clan. As a result, games are very commonly played among the Clan as a form of bonding. The Clan is always eager to learn new games that are played in the other Flights, and with such a strong focus on maintaining community ties, it is not uncommon to see friends and family settling down at the end of the day to play various games.

The Crew of the Howling Rift plays cards. The true point of the game is not to win but to get away with the most amount of cheating. There is an infamous Poker Game that involved a grand total of 17 aces.
Sunday Lore Task

The Clan of Reaching Stars prides itself on coming from all walks of life, and often takes in older hatchlings or full grown dragons rather than has newborns in the Clan. As a result, games are very commonly played among the Clan as a form of bonding. The Clan is always eager to learn new games that are played in the other Flights, and with such a strong focus on maintaining community ties, it is not uncommon to see friends and family settling down at the end of the day to play various games.

The Crew of the Howling Rift plays cards. The true point of the game is not to win but to get away with the most amount of cheating. There is an infamous Poker Game that involved a grand total of 17 aces.
gWmB8p.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50