Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Endless Mansion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[item=coppercoil spider] As Flamerule and Altair dragged the carpet out of this new hallway, one of the doors on the side wall clicked open. Altair nudged it open with his wing. A spiral staircase twisted up into the black. He dropped his end of the rug and went through the narrow doorway, wooden stairs creaking under his weight. After a few minutes, he backed out of the doorway again. "It's too narrow for me to make it to the top." [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size]
Coppercoil Spider
As Flamerule and Altair dragged the carpet out of this new hallway, one of the doors on the side wall clicked open. Altair nudged it open with his wing. A spiral staircase twisted up into the black. He dropped his end of the rug and went through the narrow doorway, wooden stairs creaking under his weight. After a few minutes, he backed out of the doorway again.
"It's too narrow for me to make it to the top."

Pinglist: @jazzghost
15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
aro.png 2a665d2ce02e8f6ba2d7566f1b704a055b4744e1.png
[item=glittering sphinxband] It was raining outside, so the small clan of dragons curled up in their nest in the room that used to have the long table. They lounged over each other, tails and wings and legs and necks all tangled together. The room was quiet but for the patter of rain outside the large windows and Ironfury's quiet sleepy snuffles. Stoic, their head propped up on Altair's shoulder, watched the rain fall outside in the grey light from the clouded sun. Although they'd never known anywhere but the mansion, Stoic didn't think they'd be at home elsewhere. They fit like a puzzle piece into the mansion, into the mansion's dragons, and how could there be anywhere else like this? They'd spent some time in their library, reading books about some kind of creature that wasn't a dragon, and although those creatures seemed like people, too, Stoic didn't really get the sense that most of them belonged in their setting as incredibly well as Stoic did here. They'd talked to Flamerule about this some since she'd arrived, and Flamerule had confirmed that outside, dragons didn't just go together this easily, instantly. [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61434479] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4eee71dbb9b16dc651c20752c03da8b7/7f9e10d6433d2ee6-8a/s540x810/75046e56f77bd53ac428684f54a22063c8c13905.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]When she arrived, Flamerule was the only dragon in the mansion who had experience of outside. The destination she had originally had was forgotten when she caught sight of the house, but she knows of places outside, unlike the others. Flamerule is impulsive. She'll go through doors and touch things that even the most daring of the others won't. Her favorite artifact is glowworms.[/columns] [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size] (I decided that since I barely have the energy for art and it drains all my energy that I [i]do[/i] have, I'm just going to treat trinkets as materials and write.)
Glittering Sphinxband
It was raining outside, so the small clan of dragons curled up in their nest in the room that used to have the long table. They lounged over each other, tails and wings and legs and necks all tangled together. The room was quiet but for the patter of rain outside the large windows and Ironfury's quiet sleepy snuffles. Stoic, their head propped up on Altair's shoulder, watched the rain fall outside in the grey light from the clouded sun.

Although they'd never known anywhere but the mansion, Stoic didn't think they'd be at home elsewhere. They fit like a puzzle piece into the mansion, into the mansion's dragons, and how could there be anywhere else like this? They'd spent some time in their library, reading books about some kind of creature that wasn't a dragon, and although those creatures seemed like people, too, Stoic didn't really get the sense that most of them belonged in their setting as incredibly well as Stoic did here. They'd talked to Flamerule about this some since she'd arrived, and Flamerule had confirmed that outside, dragons didn't just go together this easily, instantly.

75046e56f77bd53ac428684f54a22063c8c13905.png
When she arrived, Flamerule was the only dragon in the mansion who had experience of outside. The destination she had originally had was forgotten when she caught sight of the house, but she knows of places outside, unlike the others.
Flamerule is impulsive. She'll go through doors and touch things that even the most daring of the others won't.

Her favorite artifact is glowworms.

(I decided that since I barely have the energy for art and it drains all my energy that I do have, I'm just going to treat trinkets as materials and write.)
15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
[item=banded olivine] Altair sat in the doorway of Crake's room, watching her work slowly down on the stacks of books she'd made in the middle of the floor, sorting them into the shelves. Sometimes when she wasn't looking, her tail would flick, and a book would fling itself across the room to settle into a shelf. Crake didn't seem to notice. "Can you take this across to Stoic?" she asked sometimes, passing a book down to Altair. Both Stoic and Crake were sorting their books today, and since Altair was "helping" Crake, he was occasionally tasked with ferrying books between the two. Stoic didn't like to touch the spellbooks, so whenever Altair came over they'd point out the spellbooks they'd found, still lying on the shelves, and Altair would wrap his claws in his scarf and gingerly hold the books to bring them back to Crake. The others were napping in the sun as they often did, but Altair was enjoying ferrying the old books and watching Crake be seemingly oblivious to the flinging books her tail was doing behind her. As the sun went down, the other dragons came noisily back into the mansion, heading past the too-small furniture they'd arranged in the main room and piling themselves up in the nest. Joanna looked in over Altair. "How is your sorting going?" "There are more books than I thought," Crake said, looking up at her. "I think this will take me a few days." [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size]
Banded Olivine
Altair sat in the doorway of Crake's room, watching her work slowly down on the stacks of books she'd made in the middle of the floor, sorting them into the shelves. Sometimes when she wasn't looking, her tail would flick, and a book would fling itself across the room to settle into a shelf. Crake didn't seem to notice.

"Can you take this across to Stoic?" she asked sometimes, passing a book down to Altair. Both Stoic and Crake were sorting their books today, and since Altair was "helping" Crake, he was occasionally tasked with ferrying books between the two. Stoic didn't like to touch the spellbooks, so whenever Altair came over they'd point out the spellbooks they'd found, still lying on the shelves, and Altair would wrap his claws in his scarf and gingerly hold the books to bring them back to Crake.

The others were napping in the sun as they often did, but Altair was enjoying ferrying the old books and watching Crake be seemingly oblivious to the flinging books her tail was doing behind her.

As the sun went down, the other dragons came noisily back into the mansion, heading past the too-small furniture they'd arranged in the main room and piling themselves up in the nest. Joanna looked in over Altair.

"How is your sorting going?"

"There are more books than I thought," Crake said, looking up at her. "I think this will take me a few days."

15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
[item=pollen] As Crake put her books back onto the shelves, she lost her balance standing on her hind legs to put a book on the top shelf, and she caught herself on a carving at the top of the shelves. There was a grinding noise from the opposite wall. When she looked around, one of the opposite shelves had moved back, leaving a gap just wide enough for her to fold her wings and squeeze through. She did so, of course, and inside the wall was a large room full of herbs, pots, and other strange equipment. Altair followed her through, a little easier due to his slightly smaller size, and looked around the room in wonder. "What is this?" "This is part of my room," said Crake excitedly. "This is part of my room! I think the books can teach me to use this." Altair wandered over to one of the larger cauldrons, and in his chest there was a tug like the one that had drawn him to the mansion in the first place. "I think this might be my room, too." [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size]
Pollen
As Crake put her books back onto the shelves, she lost her balance standing on her hind legs to put a book on the top shelf, and she caught herself on a carving at the top of the shelves. There was a grinding noise from the opposite wall. When she looked around, one of the opposite shelves had moved back, leaving a gap just wide enough for her to fold her wings and squeeze through. She did so, of course, and inside the wall was a large room full of herbs, pots, and other strange equipment.

Altair followed her through, a little easier due to his slightly smaller size, and looked around the room in wonder. "What is this?"

"This is part of my room," said Crake excitedly. "This is part of my room! I think the books can teach me to use this."

Altair wandered over to one of the larger cauldrons, and in his chest there was a tug like the one that had drawn him to the mansion in the first place. "I think this might be my room, too."

15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
oooooo it’s gonna potion time for em :o
oooooo it’s gonna potion time for em :o
bVzIUfv.png
[item=greenstripe amaranth] Altair woke up in the middle of the night, quietly removed himself from the tangle of dragons, and made his way into the hallway with the diamond pattern on the door. Sure enough, the door at the end of the hall was open, and he went through. On the other side of the door was what seemed to be a kitchen with equipment Altair had no idea how to use. He ventured into it, using the moonlight as illumination, and investigated the dusty appliances. [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size] [u]Doors[/u] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/2#post_43401901]Back to hallway[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/7#post_43923780]Cupboard #1[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/7#post_43957841]Cupboard #2[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/8#post_44024199]Cupboard #3[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/3#post_43540342]Serving Door[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/10#post_44256293]Pantry Door[/url]
Greenstripe Amaranth
Altair woke up in the middle of the night, quietly removed himself from the tangle of dragons, and made his way into the hallway with the diamond pattern on the door. Sure enough, the door at the end of the hall was open, and he went through. On the other side of the door was what seemed to be a kitchen with equipment Altair had no idea how to use. He ventured into it, using the moonlight as illumination, and investigated the dusty appliances.

Doors
Back to hallway
Cupboard #1Cupboard #2Cupboard #3Serving DoorPantry Door
15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
[item=snipper claw] The dragons were crowded in the kitchen, examining the strange equipment, when Flamerule realized something. "I haven't eaten anything since I went up the stairs." The other four dragons, hatched near or in the house, looked at each other. None of them had ever eaten anything. "I learned about food from books," offered Crake helpfully. "What?" "I think the house keeps us nourished," said Joanna. Stoic nodded. "It seems that way." [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size]
Snipper Claw
The dragons were crowded in the kitchen, examining the strange equipment, when Flamerule realized something.

"I haven't eaten anything since I went up the stairs."

The other four dragons, hatched near or in the house, looked at each other. None of them had ever eaten anything.

"I learned about food from books," offered Crake helpfully.

"What?"

"I think the house keeps us nourished," said Joanna.

Stoic nodded. "It seems that way."

15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
[item=igneous flow] Now that Stoic's library was cleaned out of all of the furniture that was too small for a dragon to sit on and all of the cushions from said furniture were scattered around the floor, it was a perfect place for Ironfury to lounge and read whatever book Stoic handed to him. Right now, he was absorbing a book about volcanoes, and it was fascinating. Ironfury, of course, had never seen a volcano, and the descriptions of what they did and what they were like seemed outlandish to him. Stoic dipped their feather pen again in the inkpot they'd found behind a bunch of books and continued to write on the leaves of a mostly blank journal (the rest of the pages had had cupboard inventory). Crake laid on her back next to Ironfury, dictating. Stoic's penmanship was much better than anyone else's, so Crake had determined that they should write down whatever recipes Crake and Altair had come up with in their hidden potion room. So far, they'd concocted a potion that didn't do anything but turn Flamerule's claws gold, and another one that seemed like junk until Altair poured it out the window and it sprouted flowers in the dirt outside. They'd kept careful note of even their failed experiments, and these were what Crake was currently dictating to Stoic. Most of them had turned grey and sludgey, and Altair had discovered that he could sniff a potion and discover what it was going to do (the failures smelled like dirt, and were being used to fertilize the flowers outside their window). [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size]
Igneous Flow
Now that Stoic's library was cleaned out of all of the furniture that was too small for a dragon to sit on and all of the cushions from said furniture were scattered around the floor, it was a perfect place for Ironfury to lounge and read whatever book Stoic handed to him.

Right now, he was absorbing a book about volcanoes, and it was fascinating. Ironfury, of course, had never seen a volcano, and the descriptions of what they did and what they were like seemed outlandish to him.

Stoic dipped their feather pen again in the inkpot they'd found behind a bunch of books and continued to write on the leaves of a mostly blank journal (the rest of the pages had had cupboard inventory). Crake laid on her back next to Ironfury, dictating. Stoic's penmanship was much better than anyone else's, so Crake had determined that they should write down whatever recipes Crake and Altair had come up with in their hidden potion room. So far, they'd concocted a potion that didn't do anything but turn Flamerule's claws gold, and another one that seemed like junk until Altair poured it out the window and it sprouted flowers in the dirt outside.

They'd kept careful note of even their failed experiments, and these were what Crake was currently dictating to Stoic. Most of them had turned grey and sludgey, and Altair had discovered that he could sniff a potion and discover what it was going to do (the failures smelled like dirt, and were being used to fertilize the flowers outside their window).

15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
[item=giant dust mite] At noon, the first of the doors on the upper walkway of the main room opened. Altair, in the main room at the time, made his way upstairs to look inside. There was a massive ballroom, floored in marble, with tall crystal windows and not one but two crystal chandeliers like the one behind him. Nothing in the room shone. It was covered in dust from chandeliers to marble expanse. On the far side of the room sat a grand piano, closed, and next to it a long table with a lacy tablecloth. On the other side of the table was a set of double doors. The wall opposite the windows was covered in floor-to-ceiling tarnished mirrors. As Altair ventured into the ballroom, his distorted reflection walked beside him. [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size] [u]Doors[/u] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/1#post_43274488]Back to main room[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/6#post_43839720]Double Doors[/url] • [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2857223/3#post_43478801]Mirror Door (hidden)[/url]
Giant Dust Mite
At noon, the first of the doors on the upper walkway of the main room opened. Altair, in the main room at the time, made his way upstairs to look inside. There was a massive ballroom, floored in marble, with tall crystal windows and not one but two crystal chandeliers like the one behind him.

Nothing in the room shone. It was covered in dust from chandeliers to marble expanse. On the far side of the room sat a grand piano, closed, and next to it a long table with a lacy tablecloth. On the other side of the table was a set of double doors.

The wall opposite the windows was covered in floor-to-ceiling tarnished mirrors. As Altair ventured into the ballroom, his distorted reflection walked beside him.

Doors
Back to main room
Double DoorsMirror Door (hidden)
15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
[item=parasitic fungus] In the sky above, a gliding dragon's eye was caught. Pyro had been circling the entirety of the Tangled Wood, where he was moving, to find a spot for him to set up solitary camp. But the mansion on the hill, although it was not so looming from the sky, still drew him, tugged at his heart, and he folded his wings to dive towards the patio. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=61714552] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/743994bd8b3b4d335328188587364287/6af64017a5ea64ad-4b/s540x810/8faf51197149b9c63159099f6fb6ba1ac088050a.png[/img] [/url] [size=1]Pinglist: @jazzghost[/size]
Parasitic Fungus
In the sky above, a gliding dragon's eye was caught. Pyro had been circling the entirety of the Tangled Wood, where he was moving, to find a spot for him to set up solitary camp. But the mansion on the hill, although it was not so looming from the sky, still drew him, tugged at his heart, and he folded his wings to dive towards the patio.

8faf51197149b9c63159099f6fb6ba1ac088050a.png

15587.png sylveon
they/them
frt +3
wishlist
hatchery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15