Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Dragon Hermitcraft!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
I'm really excited about this project I'm doing :D Recently, I decided to design fandragons for almost every member of the Hermitcraft Minecraft server on Youtube, and now I'm deep into the slow process of making them all reality! It's a pretty big project - I've got 20 total planned, with four more as tentative WIPs. I'd love to hear other hermitfans' opinions, or just get feedback from people in general :) Post 1: Introduction, progress report [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2842037/1#post_42791743]Post 2: Completed[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2842037/1#post_42791744]Post 3: Planned[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2842037/1#post_42791746]Post 4: Any thoughts/details I feel like sharing[/url] A couple notes on the terminology I use: -When I discuss dragons being from generation 1, 2, etc., it means I'm doing a multiple-generation project, using something like the pyramid method described [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2630512]here[/url]. -Range Score is a term I made up to help me figure out how good of a parent a dragon will be. I get it by going to [url=http://fr.fintastic.net/]this site[/url], entering the parent and the goal, and counting color bars. The score is (primary range) x (secondary range) x (tertiary range); i.e. the chance of getting the right colors from that dragon. Low scores are, of course, better. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - April 4, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -First breeding project, for Docm77, started with four pairs of dragons and is now down to a single pair on Plague nest. Apparel and Vial of Darkened Sight are prepared, but odds are not high. -Cubfan breeding project has been outsourced to the Dragonwish Foundation. -Xisuma dragon found in hatchery - plans changed because his existing genes were actually better than my plan. Xisuma complete! -Stressmonster gifted to me from a friend. Complete! -Herobrine[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2842037/1#post_42791746]*[/url] breeding project in progress. Started with four pairs; two have nested so far. This one's a weird one. -Mumbo bred for eye color from matching parents. An easy, one-generation project. Complete as of today! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - April 19, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Doc pair's nest gave me two girls. RIP. RTB again on April 22. I'm not going to be SUPER picky on the right colors, since all that really matters in that respect is that he's all greens. -Current number of dragons involved in Hero project: 18. Soon to be 24 once the two generation 1 pairs have gotten off their nests. Having some serious color problems and not enough girls to continue breeding further generations. I did find a good backup dragon on the AH who's got a Range Score of only 6, though! -Since Hero is probably going to take a while, I started on TFC in the meantime. 3 dragons for the first gen collected so far. -Edited Iskall's outfit slightly. For one thing, I was still going off his Architechs suit from last season, so I replaced the kerchief with a vest that matches his current adventurer look better. Also replaced the Classy Monocle with the new Posh Monocle to get that green! It's actually Posh layered over Lavish, as an allusion to the fact that the new green doohickey is layered over his original diamond eye. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - April 27, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Doc pair is on their second nest, in a Plague friend's lair. They got five eggs!! Surely one of them is going to be a male, right? -After some stressing and chatting with the wonderful Ganondorf, writer of the guide that I rely on for these projects, founder of the Dragonwish Foundation, who I'm lucky enough to share a flight with and see frequently on Discord, I finally pared down my Hero project to a reasonable number. I'm supposed to have two pairs for this generation, and I do!! RTB in 2-3 weeks, and I'm keeping a few extras around just in case... something. -Got all four pairs for the first generation for TFC! -I figured Grey iri/Fire Alloy wouldn't be TOO hard to find, so I started dragon searching. Found a guy who's close. Will keep looking for a mate. I'm hoping to get this one done in one pair, because Wildclaws. -With help from @Skrywer and @HelloWorld145 in this thread, I now have a potential outfit for Hypno, breed idea for xB, and finalized scries for Keralis and Zedaph! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - April 28, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Literally none of the eggs from the Doc pair's nest had Crackle lol, but one of them was a male PC who is only one color off so I decided I'd just buy a Crackle scroll. So now I have a Doc!! Now he just needs to grow up so I can dress him up :D I named all the breedjects from this project Creeper for thematic effect :P -xBCrafted turned out to be a lot easier to design than I expected, and with a more interesting result since he updated his hoodie to have that nice ender-green trim. Full scry and outfit are now finalized! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - April 29, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -It'll be four more days until Doc grows up and [i]eight[/i] more until my next project pair (one of the pairs for TFC) is RTB and clearly I'm getting impatient because I've been Dragon Searching potential grabs for another pair. And I was successful! I found two opposite-gendered Obsidian/Yellow/Grapefruit dragons, messaged the owners, and got both of them! Once the kid is RTB ([i]seventeen days aaaaa[/i]) I can send them off to a Plague nest for a guaranteed one-nest Tango! -I also messaged someone with an Obs/Oilslick/Oilslick dragon as part of one of their projects and they said they'd send her to me when they're done, but her being a Nocturne and all it might be a little while. The combo is surprisingly hard to find in sales tabs and the like, but I'm fine with a longer project when I get there. -The person whose "Icarus AU" (basically winged hermits) inspired my design choice for Joe's wings uploaded a drawing of their AU Zedaph recently and now I'm considering redesigning his secondary as well. It may turn out to not be the best idea to try and do a brownish/purplish/pinkish project though - not that brownish/yellowish/pinkish will probably be much easier. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - May 2, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -In a fit of boredom/impatience that my other pairs aren't RTB yet, I seem to have all eight dragons for the first generation of a Jevin project. The only reason it really needs to be a generational project is because of Stained, but here we are. Also coincidentally two dragons that I'm pairing with each other are already RTB so they're on a nest! -I'm close to a finalized outfit for Beef, but I can't decide which shirt to go with, and I'm not sure if giving him a [item=cleaver] is too much or not. I have all three options on him in his [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1121071]saved outfit[/url], if anyone wants to mess around with that. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - May 3, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60971361]Docm77[/url] complete!! Oh boy am I pleased about this one :D -Also did some tinkering with some of the designs I was less sure about, including finally finding scries I'm happy with for False and Grian. Despite my propensity for fanfic references (see: the mere presence of Hero in the project, and also the parent names I picked for my Tango pair), I was a little hesitant to give Grian ATUS-style purple wings... but he does look really good in them though. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - May 9, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Second Jevin pair will have a nest hatching tomorrow and then I'll need to wait a full month before breeding any more because people love putting gem genes on gem breeds I guess. First pair's nest hatched, giving me two Stained hatchlings! Both are actually really close colors to my target (one scored 9 and the other 20), but in different directions, so I'm keeping both for now. Also I brewed a Sludge gene but can't brew Slime just yet because I don't have a spare Radioactive Slime. -First pair of the second generation for Hero will be nesting tomorrow!! Finally!!! -Also my first TFC pair is finally nesting!!! It's the one pair in the entire project that includes a Snapper, too, so hopefully I can get the breed parity passed down. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - May 20, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Tango pair is on SyconSenti's nest, hatching in a couple days! This one is a guaranteed color match, but I will need to buy some genes. -I got a reply from that person I messaged a while back finished their project and sent me their Obs/Oilslick/Oilslick dragon! If it were a male dragon I'd probably just keep it for Impulse because it's even got the right eye color but unfortunately this dragon is female and I'll have to find a male to breed with. I've messaged someone who has a male that I think is fodder, but no response yet. -Two of four Jevin pairs have nested and both have given me a couple of great options to choose from that have Stained! They can even pair with each other, but I'm not sure yet if I'll do that - I might find some better combos once the other two pairs hatch. -First pair of second Hero generation born and hatched, with some good options! Second pair is on a nest. -Two TFC pairs currently nesting. -Oh yeah also I picked up a couple dragons for Bdubs - I figure I might as well try and get at least one of the rare-breed projects going ASAP and I found a decently close pair for him. -Reworked Iskall's outfit to be closer to what he's actually got going this season. I really struggled with the vest but I think I've narrowed it down to a brass steampunk vest or earthsong haori. -In light of certain recent teasers, I made a very WIP [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1196289]Welsknight[/url] outfit! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 5, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Tango's nest came back... with two girls. One of them had Goat eyes, so Sycon decided to keep her, and now I'm just glaring at the Nocturne parent that I probably should have breed-changed but it's too late now. -I did get that response and I now have an Impulse pair! Watch it be the third pairing where literally only gender of the hatchlings matters to give me two girls. -Hero project has been narrowed to a single pair! Because I do love me my references, the parents are named Notch and Copeland (the latter being the name of the person who originally started the legend). -TFC project has been narrowed to a definitive two-pair second gen! -Both remaining Jevin pairs are nesting. I've brewed a Sludge gene already, but I don't have a spare River Muck, so I'll have to do some grinding to get Slime. -I contacted someone about a possible mate for the dragon I picked up for Cleo, but it was a shot in the dark and all a bit weird because the dragon is a well-loved project dragon of theirs. We've discussed, nothing has been fully decided but it seems like they have (justifiably) decided not to loan their dragon. I'll probably just go out and get some farther dragons to breed down at some point. -Got all 8 starting dragons for Scar! I decided that I should always have at least one (and maybe only one, since I get very impatient) rare-breed project going at a time, since I have a lot of them. -Speaking of Scar, I've now decided that the Calico Ferberus is the perfect familiar for him. Previous options were Longhorn Capricat and Runescar Lynx. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 9, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Herobrine pair is RTB and going off to an Ice nest today! -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58640463]Somebody[/url] has already got a new scene :3 [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 16, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -I tried a rebreed of one of the original pairs for Jevin but I didn't get anything better so I just went ahead and put the RTB second-gen pair on a nest. -I made a, well, you know what kind of decision, and put my Impulse pair on a Lightning nest instead of Light. The nester told me they have two eggs, so I am fully expecting to once again get two girls and have to re-breed. -Speaking of which, Tango pair is RTB and has been sent to Sycon again. -Herobrine nest came back, didn't get what I wanted this time. -Officially have scries for every active hermit - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1169936]Hypno[/url] now has a design! Currently fiddling with the outfit, but I think I'm pretty happy with the scry. -I'm also fiddling with and tweaking a few scries that I haven't started working toward yet, to see if I can improve them. Changed Ren's secondary to Marbled so it looks less like blood splatter or something on his wings; changed Joe's eye color to Light; Bdubs' outfit has been changed a bit; changed Etho to Pearlcatcher; considering fiddling with Wels' scry but as of typing this I haven't actually changed anything yet. It's tempting to switch his eyes to something that fits his personality better, but the blue eyes are also very striking and pretty iconic, so... -I have five dragons so far toward Grian! Underbelly and Swirl will be bred into the project; Edged, however, is really uncommon in the color range I'm looking at so I'll probably just buy it. Breed is also incidental because I have a spare Nocturne scroll hanging around. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 21, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -I have seven dragons toward Grian! The eighth is proving to be a bit of a pain; everything that's really close is either related to Fawry (who was part of a similar project so there are a lot of other breedjects from that floating around) or the owner is a liiiittle delusional about how much the dragon is worth. -He still needs all his genes and stuff but [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62147577]Impulse[/url] is here!! The pair actually gave me a male first try!! -One of the second-gen TFC pairs has been on and off a nest. Three hatchlings all have their merits, but one is Black/Dust/Crimson, literally one off goal colors, so I'm crossing my fingers that my other pair will give me something that can match that. -Working on getting a 100% pair for Iskall. I got the male and have messaged two people about potential mates. -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62161474]Tango[/url]!! Impulse and Tango were born a day apart which I think is really cute. Again, I focused 100% on colors for him so I'll need to buy all his genes still, buuuuut he's here :D [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 25, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -100% Iskall pair is a Thing and is now on a Fire nest! -Bdubs pair is finally RTB and is also on a Fire nest. -Herobrine pair is RTB and off to their second Ice nest! -Switched Xisuma's familiar out from a Bumble to a Magma Embear, which will be replaced by a Molten Wartoad once my familiar tender has awakened it, nicknamed Strider. -Bought breed changes and one gene each for Tango and Impulse! I think I'm going to go all the way through their genes like this - if I buy a gene for one, I'm buying the same gene slot for the other and they're getting updated at the same time. So now they're both Mirrors, Impulse has Peacock, and Tango has Ghost! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 28, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62322976]Iskall[/url] is here! He actually managed to inherit Butterfly over [i]Basic[/i] somehow, but unfortunately, while his primary was negotiable he must have slime wings, so the Butterfly is now gone. -I lost track of the actual dates so the Bdubs and Hero pairs might be coming back later today, but that might happen tomorrow instead. -Tango and Impulse are grown so I attempted to put their apparel on them... with limited success. Tango's outfit is a bit more complex and has some rarer items, so I didn't expect to have the full thing, but Impulse's is all of four items and I owned [i]one[/i]. So I guess I may have to do a bit of apparel hunting. -I also bought them each a primary gene! Unfortunately I am now low on out-of-vault treasure so my plan is to give them their secondaries when they're RTB (and/or when I've finished their outfits). -Second gen pair #2 for TFC and the first pair for Scar are both on nests! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 4, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Tango's outfit is complete! Still no secondary for him or Impulse yet, and the black renaissance shirts are being stubborn and refuse to stock in the MP so Impulse is also still shirtless. -Final TFC pair has been decided! Their color range has a score of 12, which means 1/24 chance of getting the final dragon I want. -First Scar pair is off their nest, nothing super exciting to report except somehow all three of them ended up with perfect terts?? Also one was objectively better than his brother so the worse brother got yeeted for Dom. A lot of breedjects/finished pairs have been yeeted for the Dom battle over the past few days, actually. -Last Jevin pair and first Grian pair are currently nesting. -Hero pair came back, close but no dice. One dragon technically met my "old-color" criteria, but Sky is too light and the eyes don't stand out enough. -Bdubs pair is... not back yet. It's been about 8 days or so at this point, so tomorrow (once the dom rush is over) I'll be messaging the nester to see what's up :/ -Since TFC is within one pair of completion, I miiiiight start grabbing dragons for a new project soon... I'm leaning toward xB or Zedaph (the latter to fill out team ZIT), but I want to hear y'all's opinions on who to go for next :) I do have one dragon each for Cleo and Zed projects, but Cleo's a rare-breed project and I'm not sure I want to do more than one of those at a time. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 7, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62147577]Impulse[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62161474]Tango[/url] are officially complete! I'm now lower on treasure than I have been in quite a while but thanks to two Dom shops and some friends who had some spare apparel they're done :D -Hatched an unrelated nest to make room for another Scar nest. The others are rapidly going RTB and I might start borrowing some friends' nests just to hatch them all. Pretty sure I missed an incubation day but oh well I was camping. -I keep finding excuses to put off messaging my Bdubs nester. I'll get to it I swear! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 10, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Bdubs nester appears to be inactive :/ I messaged them anyway, but told them it wasn't a huge deal if they didn't get back to me - sometimes life happens and I don't want them feeling bad about that. Fortunately, since that project has a Basic tert and two colors that look good together, it wasn't hard for me to pick up a replacement pair. Means I'll have to wait another month, but oh well. -Herobrine pair is on their third nest! -Another Scar pair has hatched their nest, and given me a dragon who is actually really close to my goal, just with the wrong primary. Hopefully I get to use him in the next gen! -Slowly accumulating dragons for a Zedaph project, but oh man - I thought [i]Hero's[/i] colors were difficult?? Now I'm looking for Ginger/Grape/Watermelon [s]the trendy new smoothie at the hipster place down the road[/s]. This one is made even trickier by the fact that I want to breed down the gem gene so I don't have to buy it. I've got three dragons for this one so far. -I officially have a final Jevin pair waiting to be RTB! Their names are based on fanfic again, but this time it's... [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/24511930]my own fic[/url]. [s][size=1]shameless plug shaMELESS PLUG-[/size][/s] [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 21, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62322976]Iskall[/url] is, according to my original plans for him, now complete! I still want to get him Glowtail at some point though. Should I mark him as completed on the first page, or wait until then? -All Scar pairs have now nested in a big rush, and unfortunately the last one gave me dragons that are completely useless. So now that pair is wearing paper shame masks until they're RTB again. -All first generation Grian pairs have now nested, and they actually gave me a decent second gen! Funky, but usable. One pair has a 1/12 chance of perfect colors, whereas the other pair has a 1/715 chance BUT has two genes that I hopefully won't need to buy. -Zedaph project is up to four confirmed dragons, plus three I just got that I'm not sure how to slot in just yet. Two are siblings, so I can't use them both, but they're a male and female that each can pair with one dragon I have. And then I have an unrelated male with Opal, but with vastly worse color range than the sibling male. It's all very strange. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 30, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Not that much interesting has been happening, mostly because of this absolutely bizarre Zedaph project. I have nine dragons for it now, in two pairs and five unmatched. I've been considering starting a Hypno project on the side, but I have a feeling I'll be picking up a LOT of dragons for Zed and I don't want to squeeze myself for any more space at the moment. -The final Jevin pair turned out to be related. Oops. But I managed to find a new mate for the Stained guy without too much trouble, and they'll be RTB tomorrow. -Herobrine pair went out and came back again. Still no luck yet. -Since I'm doing an update today, I decided today would be a good day to finally get around to buying Glowtail. So now [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62322976]Iskall[/url] is officially [i]actually[/i] completed! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - August 6, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -New Jevin pair got back from their first nest! I got [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63121689]a kid[/url] who is close [i]enough[/i], but he's not exact and I don't have two of the three scrolls I need yet anyway, so I'm keeping him around as a placeholder and continuing to breed the parents to see if I can get the exact thing I want. -I actually managed to scrape together four pairs for Zedaph, but I'm still looking for more because those odds... yikes. Two of the pairs have scores of 2k, and the other two pairs have scores closer to [i]20k[/i], the highest I've had so far. I also have four unpaired dragons that I'm keeping around just in case. -I now have four dragons for Hypno! Yeah, I started that. I took a peek and managed to find a dragon with exact colors right away, so I decided that instead of using him directly I'd breed in the genes as well. Surprisingly, the gene that is giving me trouble is not Hypnotic - I found that right away. It's Contour. I also need some other various dragons as mates, so there's that. -TFC pair is finally away on a nest! And my new Bdubs pair is only a few days away. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - August 18, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Progress has slowed as I try to manage my lair space a bit more smartly. -Oh yeah by the way my original Bdubs nester returned! They apologized, said they had some IRL stuff come up, it happens, nbd. So now I have two Bdubs pairs! I just sent a ping out to get the original on another nest, and I'll stagger the other one by like two weeks so they can alternate and not go RTB all at once like my projects tend to do. -TFC pair came up empty this time. -Herobrine pair managed to get a [i]primal[/i] that's the wrong colors but really good if you ignore the tert. Sent him off to an interested friend already. -I have paused the Hypno project because lair space. -Remember how I needed to rebreed that one pair for Scar? Turns out I had the [i]wrong pair[/i] in my head as needing to be rebred, so I switched them out and nested the OTHER pair... and got one egg. So that pair is being thoroughly shamed, partly for the wegg and their previous Hatchling Crime and partly in lieu of shaming myself for renesting the wrong pair. -Originally I told myself these guys were going to be loreless but I miiiiight have had an idea and [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/62943793]started writing about them[/url]... Only one chapter so far, but I have a few more planned! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - September 10, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -It's been a while since I gave a progress update and that's because nothing really important happened. TFC, Jevin, Bdubs (x2), and Hero pairs have been on and off nests with no success yet. Still haven't started my Zedaph breeding, but I have gotten a couple dragons with slightly better colors involved and will probably have the lair space confidence to start that pretty soon. -Last second-gen Scar pair is on a nest now. I've also been occasionally glancing at the AH in case I happen upon some other close kiddos, but so far I've only found males in the range I want?? -I HAVE a finalized Grian pair, but while I waited for them to be RTB I rebred one of the parent pairs just in case I got something better. I didn't particularly. -Saving the most interesting news for last: I revamped my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1034697]Cleo scry[/url] to take advantage of the new genes! Her plan is now Peridot Stitched/Fire Alloy! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - October 7, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Plugging along. Literally nothing has been completed since the last update. Still cycling through the same pairs I mentioned before. So much for the lair space confidence to start the [i]Zedaph[/i] project that I mentioned last time, huh? -Got [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64355617]another unsolicited one-off primal[/url], this time from my TFC pair. Again, sent to an interested Nature friend. -My Scar pairs are a mess. Best range right now is 1/48 (counting gender), worst is 1/200, and none of the kids from any of the pairs will be able to breed with each other because all the pairs are built off siblings from one parent pair. -Turns out the finalized Grian pair was [i]related[/i], with their common lineage being the ONE dragon that I thought I'd checked REALLY THOROUGHLY against everyone -_- Got lucky with a relatively close dragon with Swirl to breed another generation, and now I need to breed one of the parent pairs AGAIN to see if I can get a viable final pair again. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - October 20, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -No news is Not Good News. I got really close on a dragon for Scar... but it's male and on the opposite side of the wheel from all my females, when ideally I would want a close female to pair with a close male. -Grian project is a total mess. Bred a pair, somehow managed to get no dragons who could get the colors I wanted with my planned mate, who has two colors right [i]already[/i]. -Single-pair projects don't want to be nice. Did I mention I got a second Jevin pair a while back? I did. They have double the cooldown of the other Jevin pair and have equally bad luck. I'm keeping a couple of the kids around just in case, but I can't breed them with each other because they're both girls. A+. -On the plus side, I finally fixed my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1125846]Etho[/url] design, which I really wasn't happy with. I changed/added some apparel and messed with his genes to really minimize the Kakashi similarities and bring forward the tech and general aesthetic chaos that make Etho unique. -Oh yeah and I changed Mumbo's familiar to a Bamboo Phytocat nicknamed "Twelve". [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - November 10, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Finally! News!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64944154]Bdubs[/url] is here!!! He may or may not get gened super fast, since I'm part of the site Secret Santa and we're supposed to avoid changing our wishlists too much once we've been assigned, but that won't be for a couple more weeks... -All the breedject siblings are in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/183026/1431807/1]this tab[/url] and are available if anyone wants one ^_^ Normally I wouldn't bother, but they do look quite nice, so as much as the low lairspace pains me... They'll be available until the direct siblings grow up! -Once they're out of the way, I can get back to sending off a couple other RTB pairs -I have one parent just-in-case and one close pair for Grian now, both my Jevin pairs are ready to send off again (as well as a pair of their kids), and two of my Scar pairs are finally RTB as well. -Also my TFC pair is currently out on a nest, so we'll seeeee how that one goes! -Did I mention my Herobrine pair is officially over odds? My chances of getting the right dragon from them are 1/18 and they've had more than 20 kids at this point and I'm still waiting. Got three more steves with Tarnish secondary in this round because RNG apparently particularly hates Soil. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - November 13, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Bdubs grew up and I get to start dressing him up! Unfortunately, about the only apparel I had ready for him was pants. Fortunately, he's one of very few hermits with a canon shirtless look! So I got the closest I could to a bandolier of daggers by strapping a bunch of different bag items and a cutlass on him. Too bad I don't have his headband either yet. -Also I remembered the eye apparel again and lo and behold, I just [i]happen[/i] to have the perfect fit! So that's going on him too, for as long as he has his anime face in-game at least. -In other project news, the TFC pair came back with another right color/wrong gender, and I've got 2/3 Jevin pairs and my Herobrine pair out on more nests. If all goes well, the Hero nest should be hatching on the anniversary of Minecraft's full release, which'd make it real cool if I actually got my goal dragon from it, but I'm not saying that too loud. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - December 5, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Finally! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65592165]Scar!!![/url] He's not the exact colors I was hoping for - turns out, he's BETTER. Check out the scry in his bio! I can get some Vexy blue in there :D -that's basically the news tbh, Secret Santa is going so I'm not buying genes for myself right now, and none of my other projects are going particularly amazingly at the moment. Herobrine pair is out on a nest right now, everything else is just kinda waiting. But now that this one's done, I can yeet, like, a [i]dozen[/i] dragons, and I'll actually have SPACE to work with, so that's cool. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - December 10, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -oh m y g o d my Herobrine pair gave me, not just another nest of all Tarnish secondaries, but [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65702774][i]another primal.[/i][/url] This is a 1/18 chance of the target dragon, folks. Two primals. No goal dragon. If anyone wants this primal, let me know - I know from the previous experience that Splash and Tarnish actually scry up quite nicely with each other and with Ice Primal. -Everything else is on pause for just a tiny bit longer because I'd ideally like to sell my rejects to the dom battle next week, but my Jevin pairs and this one stubborn Grian pair are ready to go when that happens. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - December 28, 2020[/size][/u][/b] -Bdubs got a shirt for Christmas! Also got him a couple genes he needed, which means he's now complete enough to feature in the [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/69551760]latest chapter of my fic[/url]! (I'm not sure I ever shared chapter 2 here, oops, so you might want to back up a page to get Mumbo's introduction too!) -That's basically the news. Hero pair is wearing the outfits of [i]ultra shame[/i] because the nest directly after the second primal was a WEGG that gave me another Tarnish. I was about to ragequit my Grian project, but I got some help that I think might get me back on track. For an XYX, anything anywhere close to his colors is stupid rare. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - January 12, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65592165]Scar[/url] is what I would call a complete fandragon! I might give him Petals later, but I haven't decided yet, so for now he's done! -yeah that's it. Hero pair is being shamed even MORE because they gave me a SECOND wegg in a row, none of the others have gone anywhere yet. Oh, and I picked up a couple of dragons for xB because someone gave the hot tip that after NotN is a good time to find a bunch of weird-colored reject dragons for projects. I should probably get back to that before they're all exalted but I might be too late. Got two at least though. -Oh! also I'm now planning on giving Xisuma the wingpiece and arm piece from the new chitin armor set, but no preview on that yet b/c they're still brewing. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - January 15, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -Jevin wegg came back and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66639187]it's he[/url]! I had all the scrolls and breed all ready so I popped them all on right away. Also I think I got the best natural eye type I could have and won't have to use my Goat eye scroll on him!! His familiar's name adds yet another fic to the list being referenced in minor ways, this time it's from the Meteor Effect series by CrazyCatMeow. -He'll probably be the next one introduced in Hermits Rising, by the way. -Xisuma now has a couple of the new chitin armor set! And after [url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/418562304846856192/799667089895849984/unknown.png]a humble request[/url] this morning, he also has pink teacups with him at all times :3 [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - January 26, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -Jevin is grown and dressed and put with the other hermits! He was shirtless for a while as APPARENTLY I didn't have enough white shirts around but it's all good now. His broadcast message stays though. -A few other nests have come and gone. Grian project is going weirdly but I'm pretty sure it's actually progressing. And I've started the Hypno project! First pair to hatch a nest gave me exact colors with two of the genes I wanted, so I'm optimistic about being able to breed in everything for him. -Herobrine pair continues to fail at Herobrine. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - February 9, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -[b][i][size=6]HEROBRINE!!![/size][/i][/b] [emoji=tundra laughing size=2] -After exactly EIGHT MONTHS, more than double the amount of hatchlings it was expected to take, two weggs, two right color/wrong genders, and two goddam PRIMALS, this breeding pair managed to produce their first and only five-egg nest, and sitting smack in the middle... is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67230323]he!!![/url] -As you can see I've already applied a Veined that I've had in reserve for pretty much all eight of those months -Also his glowing eyes, which I thought I already had but actually had to drop by the gem MP and get today. I'll be keeping an eagle eye on the MP for a Basic scroll - I've been holding out on that one for the chances of Basic passing down from parents (which it did on secondary!! As did breed!!). -Oh yeah also there's a [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/71803566]new chapter of Hermits Rising[/url] that I published on Saturday! I didn't really consider it news enough on its own so I decided to pair it with the next bigger update. -In other breeding project news, I stumbled onto a g1 who actually slots really nicely into my Grian project, and he's already got a mate and is on a nest as we speak. I also [i]might[/i] be getting a dragon for a future Cleo project soon, we'll see [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - February 11, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -And [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67270645]Grian[/url] is here! Thank you Solcie for providing the necessary nest :D I already gened him up too b/c why not lol. [i]Technically[/i] he's one off the target colors but honestly it doesn't matter anywhere near enough to tell, especially once I dress him up and cover his wings in purple feathers. Expect a new chapter of Hermits Rising probably as soon as he's "complete" (aka dressed) -I've started gathering dragons for Cleo next! I got the one I mentioned last time, and have started saving AH searches and got a cute little Coatl too :D [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - February 20, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -New chapter of [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/72730263]Hermits Rising[/url] has been published! Now that most of the Jungle Gang is together I feel like I can actually get moving on my planned plot lol. There is still one missing, though... hmmm... ;) -First generation of Hypno project dragons have now all been bred and the kiddos actually pair up quite nicely. -Hermits have been moved to their own exclusive [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/183026/1745805]tab[/url] in my den! -Still making progress on collecting the first generation of Cleo project dragons. I now have two pairs ready, just need two more dragons that can pair with my danglers. It's surprisingly hard to find dragons (with the other things I need) who have secondaries just on the down-wheel side of Fire. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - March 2, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -The map update is really helping me place hermits in the fic lol. Not going to give away too many spoilers, but I will hint that there will be a hermit in Emperor's Wake... -Speaking of that, if you want a dragon of yours to cameo in Hermits Rising, whether as a background character or helping a hermit or anything like that, [b]let me know![/b] I've spread the hermits as far across the map as I can manage, so don't worry too much about being in the "wrong place" or anything. -Cleo and Zedaph projects have begun! We'll see where the Zed one goes, it may not be a very straightforward one. The two nests so far have given me one startlingly close hatchling though... [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - April 21, 2021[/size][/u][/b] - Not much to report actually, I just haven't in a while and I finally wrote [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/76103531]Doc's first chapter[/url] in Hermits Rising. -Not to say progress hasn't been made; I just haven't gotten to many checkpoints worth reporting. -Zedaph project is a mess, as expected. I have managed to work in multiple instances of Opal, though. -Hypno project is on two pairs, one of which accidentally ended up with All The Genes. Good colors though. -Rescried TFC to have a Clouded secondary, which kinda looks like cobblestone and makes accuracy of the secondary less necessary. This means that my breeding pair - currently chilling with mgcltwo since I also switched him to Water eyes - theoretically has a 1/8 chance now, which is great. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 5, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -Hypno project worked out! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69799253]I got him[/url]! I found a semi-last-minute Guardian who was really close and had gem genes, paired her up, and their very first nest was a success! This is the first and probably only one of these projects in which I bred all the genes in as well as the colors lol. Thanks to Solcie for hosting so many of the nests for this one! -Zed project is still kinda messy but I'm getting [i]tantalizingly[/i] close. I've had nests with 2/3 colors spot-on correct. I'm starting to send them off to Shadow nests too just in case. -Cleo is... going. I've got some really good close pairs but they're all just sorta bouncing [i]around[/i] the target at the moment. I got one that could have been perfect! Except she's from a pair that doesn't have Alloy. It's not too frustratingly bad yet though. -No word on how the TFC pair is doing. Keeps getting close but nooooot quite. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - June 19, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -Finally got [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70234585]TFC[/url]! Thanks a ton to mgcltwo, who hosted the parents for the past two or three nests, and will probably be hosting more soon, because... -My next project is apparently Wels! A Discord friend posted a Wels scry they'd made as an Obelisk, and that inspired me to rethink the scry I had. Since obbies aren't cycled Rare breeds, this makes my Wels project a lot more manageable, and I found a couple close-ish dragons pretty quick. Plus, their faces just really give off Wels energy, do they not? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1695652&skin=0&apparel=8602,8603,7284,26852,9817,9219,18783,9450,26855&xt=dressing.png[/img] First pair's odds are 1/40 and are RTB in 19 days, and I'll be looking for a second pair as well but no dice on that yet. -I also wrote a [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/79430971]new chapter of Hermits Rising[/url], focusing on Hypno and featuring an NPC from an actual clan! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 23, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -I got a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71092266]Zedaph[/url]! He's not quite the original plan exactly, but once again, I think he's actually better than my original plan! The Opal is a slightly better shade of pink, and I'm going to add Clown instead of Fade. Thank you so much Solcie for so efficiently helping with like 90% of my Shadow nests! -I still haven't gotten TFC his Clouded gene because I'm stubborn and like to wait for sales but also Nature does not often get dominance bonuses and flash gene sales aren't actually that common soooo. yeah. It'll probably take a while before I get around to getting Zed his Clown and Noxtide too for the same reason lol. -A few days ago I finally wrote [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/81081547]a Hermits Rising chapter for Scar[/url]! So now in the story all of Jungle Gang is together, one of my clan dragons is with them, and they're headed to the Behemoth for help with getting everyone together again :D -I now have one singular Wels pair that's pretty decent and RTB pretty soon... -Cleo project is going so S L O W. why did I make her a Wildclaw. Why do I have so many rare breeds in this project. I'm [i]so close.[/i] [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - August 8, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -Note to self: vividly imagining updating this post is not the same as actually updating it. -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71334265]Wels boy[/url] was born six days ago! His plan has changed very slightly to use Flaunt and Scales instead of Runes. -Speaking of Flaunt and Flare, I've updated a couple of my plans to utilize the new genes! Cub and Joe are definitely getting Flare. Etho's probably getting Flare. And Wels is getting Flaunt, despite it barely even being visible on him. -Wels will also be getting one of those nice new gold-edged shields :D -A nest for Cleo project hatched today, and didn't give me the dragon I want yet, but allowed me to tighten up two other pairs, in one case quite significantly!. Odds on the new pairs are 1/16 and 1/12, and I'm putting my last 1/40 nest on in 3 days. -I've started casually looking for dragons for Joe. Harder to find than I thought they would be - as most XYX combos tend to be, it seems. My goal for him is Lapis/Orca/Cobalt. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - August 9, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -What's this? Two updates in a row?? -Heck yeah! Thanks to mgcltwo and dom bonuses, I have all the genes I needed for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71092266]Zedaph[/url] AND [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70234585]TFC[/url]! -Also I wrote [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/82282783]Zed's chapter[/url] for Hermits Rising! -You know how I was casually picking up dragons for a Joe breeding project that I was dreading? Welllllll... I found a male Coatl with Wind eyes and Orca secondary in the search range so I kinda also have [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71340211]a Joe[/url] in progress now :D [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - September 8, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -There's nothing [i]super[/i] major that's happened but it's been a month and some minor progress has been made so I figured I'd post an update. -Wels has had a breed change which means I finally started dressing him and as usual I have about half the outfit and the torso item is not included :P Obviously he will not be going into battle without his full armor, but for some reason I find the concept of shirtless hermits (and also shirtless FR dragons) endlessly amusing, so [url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/418562304846856192/885246044538019840/71334265_350.png]I am immortalizing the image of bare-chested dragon Wels.[/url] -I've gotten the 8-dragon starter kits and started breeding for xB and Keralis. I am NOT breeding for breed on Keralis b/c his colors are hard enough to find as it is and if I had to narrow down a Coatl project from a wide range I might go insane. As it is I'm working with four-digit odds in the first set. -I wrote and posted [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/83269663]a chapter for TFC[/url] and [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/82500556]a chapter[/url] where no one is introduced but two hermits find each other! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - October 12, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71340211]Joe[/url] has technically been complete for a while, though he still needs a hat and glasses! I'll... get around to finishing his chapter eventually lol. Doing a writing challenge right now that is taking up most of my fic brain :P -xB project is technically down to two pairs but I'm still breeding the originals too because one of them wegged me [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] So that one's going slower than anticipated. -Keralis is going faster than anticipated! I didn't even need an intermediate generation apparently, I've just skipped straight to a pair that has like 50% color odds! -To celebrate, I bought another pair. This one is 100% odds though! I re-scried a couple of hermits to see if Ribbon and Eel looked good and I quite like Obsidian Ribbon on Beef so I picked up a couple Obs/Blood/White dragons for that and they'll be RTB in a few days! -Cleo project is s l o w. Dang Wildclaws. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - October 17, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73066940]Cub![/url] Cub is here! Thank you so much @AngelOfFate and Dragonwish Foundation for working on this project for just over a year and a half! In that time my color choices for him didn't really change, but I updated his gene plan to Ribbon/Flair/Underbelly. It should have updated in the preview post. He's gonna look great <3 -I realized that Nature flight's stereotypical love of animals actually fits Beef quite well so I'm putting that pair on my own nest today! -Keralis pair was sent off to Solcie... yesterday? Ish. -One of my Cleo pairs is now residing on my third nest! Lots of these guys suddenly getting very very close! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - November 15, 2021[/size][/u][/b] -[i]checks what I last posted in here[/i] wow I haven't updated this in a bit -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73259233]Cleo[/url]! -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73710049]xB[/url]! -Obviously neither of them are completed gene projects yet, nor will any of them be for a bit because it's that time of year where I put off all my gene projects until after the Secret Santa event -Also I'm changing my scry for xB a bit, he'll have Striation, which is subtly purple and references a few of my fics where I write him as having ender abilities! -You know that 100% odds Beef pair? They gave me two girls. They've been wearing shame masks for a month and will be RTB again tomorrow. -I started picking up some dragons for Ren and am about to actually Start setting up a new section of the spreadsheet for him and making pairs out of what I'm getting. With his project started, I only have two un-started projects left??? That seems really wild to me. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - January 8, 2022[/size][/u][/b] -hi I've completely forgotten to update this post the entire holiday season lol -I bought about a dozen dragons for the Ren project and then sent the closest pair off to an Earth nest and got a Ren first try! -Keralis, on the other hand, has had 1/4 odds for a few months now and still has not arrived. The pair is with Saegaroth and is currently on a nest of two eggs so we'll see. -I actually now have dragons for everyone except Etho, False, and Keralis! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71334265]Wels[/url] I'm considering complete despite having no shirt because Flaunt Pretty - it kinda looks like armor anyway, it's fiiiine. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71340211]Joe[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73066940]Cub[/url] are also Actually Complete now, with some new apparel that wasn't originally in their plans but it is now! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74275309]Ren[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73853922]Beef[/url], xB, and Cleo are all present, but still far from complete - Cleo is the closest, but has the most annoying-to-acquire apparel plans of all of them, so that's the only hangup there. -Out of the three yet to come, Keralis is being stubborn, as mentioned; I got a bunch of dragons for an Etho project over NotN because it's a great time to find weird colors via all the gen 1's people hatch; I got a couple for False as well but kinda forgot to flesh out that project much so far so I have like two. -I also posted [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/88046974]a chapter of the fic[/url] to introduce Joe! Cub's chapter will probably be coming soon, but I might want to get a little closer to finishing Ren and/or writing one of the other chapters, because of an order of events I want to have. -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73522717]This dragon[/url] is not technically a hermit dragon, but I just loved the colors and the original genes from the Cub project so much that I had to keep another dragon from the project. I also have [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73522715]a third[/url] with the same colors and genes in my den, who is up for grabs if anyone wants! [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - January 23, 2022[/size][/u][/b] -A week of dominance discount and a nice stockpile of treasure in the vault is a hell of a drug [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73710049]xB's[/url] look is complete! -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73853922]Beef's[/url] look is complete! -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74275309]Ren[/url] is complete except for his shoes - I never did find Crimson Aviator Boots for him last week. -I have not spent any time even looking at or compiling the Etho and False dragons I currently have. I should probably do that at some point, not the least of which so that I know which ones I can den for now. -Saegaroth, the friend holding my Keralis pair, found a gen 1 with the exact right colors but the wrong eyes, so they very kindly picked it up and will be pairing it with a right colors/wrong gender kid we got a while ago. Can't keep giving me ludicrous amounts of Teal kids if the literal ONLY color choice is Cerulean, right? -[url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/90927163]I wrote a chapter for Cub[/url] and will hopefully get a couple more out and resolve the cliffhanger before TOO long buuuuut in the meantime enjoy this :) [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - March 8, 2022[/size][/u][/b] -no I totally didn't forget about this thread what are you talking about -[url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/91722583]Two new chapters[/url] of the fic are up! Including one that introduces Ren into it and resolves that cliffhanger I teased six weeks ago! -oh yeah Ren got his boots by the way -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75703869]Keralis!![/url] It literally took a nest where [i]nothing could go wrong except gender[/i] to get this man to show up. I already had two genes ready to go and enough gems to get his breed change quick, but he's still missing Eye Spots. Will probably get it next week with that sweet Dom discount (crossing fingers that it's the top discount!) -I put together a first generation of dragons for Etho and I'm almost ready to breed the second generation. -Slowly getting together dragons for False. I might be able to get away with a two-pair project though...? [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - March 14, 2022[/size][/u][/b] -I decided to just buy Eye Spots with my second place dom bonus. (GG Plague, great fight!) It's not that expensive of a gene, and now [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75703869]Keralis[/url] is complete and I can post [url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/25901089/chapters/94184713]probably my favorite chapter yet[/url]! -My two Etho pairs are on Shadow nests just in case they decide to give me the right dragon immediately. -I think I will go for a two-pair project with False and see if it works! One pair is currently RTB and I'll do the same thing as with Etho and get them on the right element nests early. [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - May 6, 2022[/size][/u][/b] -You can tell I'm petering out on this because I'm posting on-time updates less and less lol -Not that I'm not still going! Just forgetting the thread. -On that note [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77507036]Etho[/url] was born - *checks page* - [i]two weeks ago??[/i] -Anyway yeah. I should probably send off a False pair or two again because I think they're all plenty RTB by now -Also I have a chapter of the fic ready but haven't posted yet because I'm posting a bunch for Mermay, so keep an eye out for that if you're following! -Should I continue posting to this thread with new chapters even when the breeding and geneing projects are all done? [b][u][size=4]Progress so far - July 26, 2022[/size][/u][/b] -no I totally didn't forget this was still going -Thanks to SyconSenti, I've gotten [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79626898]False[/url]! -With that, all s7 hermits have been bred for! I might eventually bring Pearl and Gem in, even though they won't be in the fic, but I think I'm going to focus on geneing and completing the hermits I have first. I just need a few genes for False and Etho left to go! -I would like opinions on whether to go Ribbon for False's primary or Falcon. Right now I'm liking the contrast of Ribbon, but Falcon is also quite nice and fits her kind of bird of prey vibe...
I'm really excited about this project I'm doing :D Recently, I decided to design fandragons for almost every member of the Hermitcraft Minecraft server on Youtube, and now I'm deep into the slow process of making them all reality! It's a pretty big project - I've got 20 total planned, with four more as tentative WIPs. I'd love to hear other hermitfans' opinions, or just get feedback from people in general :)

Post 1: Introduction, progress report
Post 2: Completed
Post 3: Planned
Post 4: Any thoughts/details I feel like sharing

A couple notes on the terminology I use:
-When I discuss dragons being from generation 1, 2, etc., it means I'm doing a multiple-generation project, using something like the pyramid method described here.
-Range Score is a term I made up to help me figure out how good of a parent a dragon will be. I get it by going to this site, entering the parent and the goal, and counting color bars. The score is (primary range) x (secondary range) x (tertiary range); i.e. the chance of getting the right colors from that dragon. Low scores are, of course, better.

Progress so far - April 4, 2020
-First breeding project, for Docm77, started with four pairs of dragons and is now down to a single pair on Plague nest. Apparel and Vial of Darkened Sight are prepared, but odds are not high.
-Cubfan breeding project has been outsourced to the Dragonwish Foundation.
-Xisuma dragon found in hatchery - plans changed because his existing genes were actually better than my plan. Xisuma complete!
-Stressmonster gifted to me from a friend. Complete!
-Herobrine* breeding project in progress. Started with four pairs; two have nested so far. This one's a weird one.
-Mumbo bred for eye color from matching parents. An easy, one-generation project. Complete as of today!

Progress so far - April 19, 2020
-Doc pair's nest gave me two girls. RIP. RTB again on April 22. I'm not going to be SUPER picky on the right colors, since all that really matters in that respect is that he's all greens.
-Current number of dragons involved in Hero project: 18. Soon to be 24 once the two generation 1 pairs have gotten off their nests. Having some serious color problems and not enough girls to continue breeding further generations. I did find a good backup dragon on the AH who's got a Range Score of only 6, though!
-Since Hero is probably going to take a while, I started on TFC in the meantime. 3 dragons for the first gen collected so far.
-Edited Iskall's outfit slightly. For one thing, I was still going off his Architechs suit from last season, so I replaced the kerchief with a vest that matches his current adventurer look better. Also replaced the Classy Monocle with the new Posh Monocle to get that green! It's actually Posh layered over Lavish, as an allusion to the fact that the new green doohickey is layered over his original diamond eye.

Progress so far - April 27, 2020
-Doc pair is on their second nest, in a Plague friend's lair. They got five eggs!! Surely one of them is going to be a male, right?
-After some stressing and chatting with the wonderful Ganondorf, writer of the guide that I rely on for these projects, founder of the Dragonwish Foundation, who I'm lucky enough to share a flight with and see frequently on Discord, I finally pared down my Hero project to a reasonable number. I'm supposed to have two pairs for this generation, and I do!! RTB in 2-3 weeks, and I'm keeping a few extras around just in case... something.
-Got all four pairs for the first generation for TFC!
-I figured Grey iri/Fire Alloy wouldn't be TOO hard to find, so I started dragon searching. Found a guy who's close. Will keep looking for a mate. I'm hoping to get this one done in one pair, because Wildclaws.
-With help from @Skrywer and @HelloWorld145 in this thread, I now have a potential outfit for Hypno, breed idea for xB, and finalized scries for Keralis and Zedaph!

Progress so far - April 28, 2020
-Literally none of the eggs from the Doc pair's nest had Crackle lol, but one of them was a male PC who is only one color off so I decided I'd just buy a Crackle scroll. So now I have a Doc!! Now he just needs to grow up so I can dress him up :D I named all the breedjects from this project Creeper for thematic effect :P
-xBCrafted turned out to be a lot easier to design than I expected, and with a more interesting result since he updated his hoodie to have that nice ender-green trim. Full scry and outfit are now finalized!

Progress so far - April 29, 2020
-It'll be four more days until Doc grows up and eight more until my next project pair (one of the pairs for TFC) is RTB and clearly I'm getting impatient because I've been Dragon Searching potential grabs for another pair. And I was successful! I found two opposite-gendered Obsidian/Yellow/Grapefruit dragons, messaged the owners, and got both of them! Once the kid is RTB (seventeen days aaaaa) I can send them off to a Plague nest for a guaranteed one-nest Tango!
-I also messaged someone with an Obs/Oilslick/Oilslick dragon as part of one of their projects and they said they'd send her to me when they're done, but her being a Nocturne and all it might be a little while. The combo is surprisingly hard to find in sales tabs and the like, but I'm fine with a longer project when I get there.
-The person whose "Icarus AU" (basically winged hermits) inspired my design choice for Joe's wings uploaded a drawing of their AU Zedaph recently and now I'm considering redesigning his secondary as well. It may turn out to not be the best idea to try and do a brownish/purplish/pinkish project though - not that brownish/yellowish/pinkish will probably be much easier.

Progress so far - May 2, 2020
-In a fit of boredom/impatience that my other pairs aren't RTB yet, I seem to have all eight dragons for the first generation of a Jevin project. The only reason it really needs to be a generational project is because of Stained, but here we are. Also coincidentally two dragons that I'm pairing with each other are already RTB so they're on a nest!
-I'm close to a finalized outfit for Beef, but I can't decide which shirt to go with, and I'm not sure if giving him a Cleaver is too much or not. I have all three options on him in his saved outfit, if anyone wants to mess around with that.

Progress so far - May 3, 2020
-Docm77 complete!! Oh boy am I pleased about this one :D
-Also did some tinkering with some of the designs I was less sure about, including finally finding scries I'm happy with for False and Grian. Despite my propensity for fanfic references (see: the mere presence of Hero in the project, and also the parent names I picked for my Tango pair), I was a little hesitant to give Grian ATUS-style purple wings... but he does look really good in them though.

Progress so far - May 9, 2020
-Second Jevin pair will have a nest hatching tomorrow and then I'll need to wait a full month before breeding any more because people love putting gem genes on gem breeds I guess. First pair's nest hatched, giving me two Stained hatchlings! Both are actually really close colors to my target (one scored 9 and the other 20), but in different directions, so I'm keeping both for now. Also I brewed a Sludge gene but can't brew Slime just yet because I don't have a spare Radioactive Slime.
-First pair of the second generation for Hero will be nesting tomorrow!! Finally!!!
-Also my first TFC pair is finally nesting!!! It's the one pair in the entire project that includes a Snapper, too, so hopefully I can get the breed parity passed down.

Progress so far - May 20, 2020
-Tango pair is on SyconSenti's nest, hatching in a couple days! This one is a guaranteed color match, but I will need to buy some genes.
-I got a reply from that person I messaged a while back finished their project and sent me their Obs/Oilslick/Oilslick dragon! If it were a male dragon I'd probably just keep it for Impulse because it's even got the right eye color but unfortunately this dragon is female and I'll have to find a male to breed with. I've messaged someone who has a male that I think is fodder, but no response yet.
-Two of four Jevin pairs have nested and both have given me a couple of great options to choose from that have Stained! They can even pair with each other, but I'm not sure yet if I'll do that - I might find some better combos once the other two pairs hatch.
-First pair of second Hero generation born and hatched, with some good options! Second pair is on a nest.
-Two TFC pairs currently nesting.
-Oh yeah also I picked up a couple dragons for Bdubs - I figure I might as well try and get at least one of the rare-breed projects going ASAP and I found a decently close pair for him.
-Reworked Iskall's outfit to be closer to what he's actually got going this season. I really struggled with the vest but I think I've narrowed it down to a brass steampunk vest or earthsong haori.
-In light of certain recent teasers, I made a very WIP Welsknight outfit!

Progress so far - June 5, 2020
-Tango's nest came back... with two girls. One of them had Goat eyes, so Sycon decided to keep her, and now I'm just glaring at the Nocturne parent that I probably should have breed-changed but it's too late now.
-I did get that response and I now have an Impulse pair! Watch it be the third pairing where literally only gender of the hatchlings matters to give me two girls.
-Hero project has been narrowed to a single pair! Because I do love me my references, the parents are named Notch and Copeland (the latter being the name of the person who originally started the legend).
-TFC project has been narrowed to a definitive two-pair second gen!
-Both remaining Jevin pairs are nesting. I've brewed a Sludge gene already, but I don't have a spare River Muck, so I'll have to do some grinding to get Slime.
-I contacted someone about a possible mate for the dragon I picked up for Cleo, but it was a shot in the dark and all a bit weird because the dragon is a well-loved project dragon of theirs. We've discussed, nothing has been fully decided but it seems like they have (justifiably) decided not to loan their dragon. I'll probably just go out and get some farther dragons to breed down at some point.
-Got all 8 starting dragons for Scar! I decided that I should always have at least one (and maybe only one, since I get very impatient) rare-breed project going at a time, since I have a lot of them.
-Speaking of Scar, I've now decided that the Calico Ferberus is the perfect familiar for him. Previous options were Longhorn Capricat and Runescar Lynx.

Progress so far - June 9, 2020
-Herobrine pair is RTB and going off to an Ice nest today!
-Somebody has already got a new scene :3

Progress so far - June 16, 2020
-I tried a rebreed of one of the original pairs for Jevin but I didn't get anything better so I just went ahead and put the RTB second-gen pair on a nest.
-I made a, well, you know what kind of decision, and put my Impulse pair on a Lightning nest instead of Light. The nester told me they have two eggs, so I am fully expecting to once again get two girls and have to re-breed.
-Speaking of which, Tango pair is RTB and has been sent to Sycon again.
-Herobrine nest came back, didn't get what I wanted this time.
-Officially have scries for every active hermit - Hypno now has a design! Currently fiddling with the outfit, but I think I'm pretty happy with the scry.
-I'm also fiddling with and tweaking a few scries that I haven't started working toward yet, to see if I can improve them. Changed Ren's secondary to Marbled so it looks less like blood splatter or something on his wings; changed Joe's eye color to Light; Bdubs' outfit has been changed a bit; changed Etho to Pearlcatcher; considering fiddling with Wels' scry but as of typing this I haven't actually changed anything yet. It's tempting to switch his eyes to something that fits his personality better, but the blue eyes are also very striking and pretty iconic, so...
-I have five dragons so far toward Grian! Underbelly and Swirl will be bred into the project; Edged, however, is really uncommon in the color range I'm looking at so I'll probably just buy it. Breed is also incidental because I have a spare Nocturne scroll hanging around.

Progress so far - June 21, 2020
-I have seven dragons toward Grian! The eighth is proving to be a bit of a pain; everything that's really close is either related to Fawry (who was part of a similar project so there are a lot of other breedjects from that floating around) or the owner is a liiiittle delusional about how much the dragon is worth.
-He still needs all his genes and stuff but Impulse is here!! The pair actually gave me a male first try!!
-One of the second-gen TFC pairs has been on and off a nest. Three hatchlings all have their merits, but one is Black/Dust/Crimson, literally one off goal colors, so I'm crossing my fingers that my other pair will give me something that can match that.
-Working on getting a 100% pair for Iskall. I got the male and have messaged two people about potential mates.
-Tango!! Impulse and Tango were born a day apart which I think is really cute. Again, I focused 100% on colors for him so I'll need to buy all his genes still, buuuuut he's here :D

Progress so far - June 25, 2020
-100% Iskall pair is a Thing and is now on a Fire nest!
-Bdubs pair is finally RTB and is also on a Fire nest.
-Herobrine pair is RTB and off to their second Ice nest!
-Switched Xisuma's familiar out from a Bumble to a Magma Embear, which will be replaced by a Molten Wartoad once my familiar tender has awakened it, nicknamed Strider.
-Bought breed changes and one gene each for Tango and Impulse! I think I'm going to go all the way through their genes like this - if I buy a gene for one, I'm buying the same gene slot for the other and they're getting updated at the same time. So now they're both Mirrors, Impulse has Peacock, and Tango has Ghost!

Progress so far - June 28, 2020
-Iskall is here! He actually managed to inherit Butterfly over Basic somehow, but unfortunately, while his primary was negotiable he must have slime wings, so the Butterfly is now gone.
-I lost track of the actual dates so the Bdubs and Hero pairs might be coming back later today, but that might happen tomorrow instead.
-Tango and Impulse are grown so I attempted to put their apparel on them... with limited success. Tango's outfit is a bit more complex and has some rarer items, so I didn't expect to have the full thing, but Impulse's is all of four items and I owned one. So I guess I may have to do a bit of apparel hunting.
-I also bought them each a primary gene! Unfortunately I am now low on out-of-vault treasure so my plan is to give them their secondaries when they're RTB (and/or when I've finished their outfits).
-Second gen pair #2 for TFC and the first pair for Scar are both on nests!

Progress so far - July 4, 2020
-Tango's outfit is complete! Still no secondary for him or Impulse yet, and the black renaissance shirts are being stubborn and refuse to stock in the MP so Impulse is also still shirtless.
-Final TFC pair has been decided! Their color range has a score of 12, which means 1/24 chance of getting the final dragon I want.
-First Scar pair is off their nest, nothing super exciting to report except somehow all three of them ended up with perfect terts?? Also one was objectively better than his brother so the worse brother got yeeted for Dom. A lot of breedjects/finished pairs have been yeeted for the Dom battle over the past few days, actually.
-Last Jevin pair and first Grian pair are currently nesting.
-Hero pair came back, close but no dice. One dragon technically met my "old-color" criteria, but Sky is too light and the eyes don't stand out enough.
-Bdubs pair is... not back yet. It's been about 8 days or so at this point, so tomorrow (once the dom rush is over) I'll be messaging the nester to see what's up :/
-Since TFC is within one pair of completion, I miiiiight start grabbing dragons for a new project soon... I'm leaning toward xB or Zedaph (the latter to fill out team ZIT), but I want to hear y'all's opinions on who to go for next :) I do have one dragon each for Cleo and Zed projects, but Cleo's a rare-breed project and I'm not sure I want to do more than one of those at a time.

Progress so far - July 7, 2020
-Impulse and Tango are officially complete! I'm now lower on treasure than I have been in quite a while but thanks to two Dom shops and some friends who had some spare apparel they're done :D
-Hatched an unrelated nest to make room for another Scar nest. The others are rapidly going RTB and I might start borrowing some friends' nests just to hatch them all. Pretty sure I missed an incubation day but oh well I was camping.
-I keep finding excuses to put off messaging my Bdubs nester. I'll get to it I swear!

Progress so far - July 10, 2020
-Bdubs nester appears to be inactive :/ I messaged them anyway, but told them it wasn't a huge deal if they didn't get back to me - sometimes life happens and I don't want them feeling bad about that. Fortunately, since that project has a Basic tert and two colors that look good together, it wasn't hard for me to pick up a replacement pair. Means I'll have to wait another month, but oh well.
-Herobrine pair is on their third nest!
-Another Scar pair has hatched their nest, and given me a dragon who is actually really close to my goal, just with the wrong primary. Hopefully I get to use him in the next gen!
-Slowly accumulating dragons for a Zedaph project, but oh man - I thought Hero's colors were difficult?? Now I'm looking for Ginger/Grape/Watermelon the trendy new smoothie at the hipster place down the road. This one is made even trickier by the fact that I want to breed down the gem gene so I don't have to buy it. I've got three dragons for this one so far.
-I officially have a final Jevin pair waiting to be RTB! Their names are based on fanfic again, but this time it's... my own fic. shameless plug shaMELESS PLUG-

Progress so far - July 21, 2020
-Iskall is, according to my original plans for him, now complete! I still want to get him Glowtail at some point though. Should I mark him as completed on the first page, or wait until then?
-All Scar pairs have now nested in a big rush, and unfortunately the last one gave me dragons that are completely useless. So now that pair is wearing paper shame masks until they're RTB again.
-All first generation Grian pairs have now nested, and they actually gave me a decent second gen! Funky, but usable. One pair has a 1/12 chance of perfect colors, whereas the other pair has a 1/715 chance BUT has two genes that I hopefully won't need to buy.
-Zedaph project is up to four confirmed dragons, plus three I just got that I'm not sure how to slot in just yet. Two are siblings, so I can't use them both, but they're a male and female that each can pair with one dragon I have. And then I have an unrelated male with Opal, but with vastly worse color range than the sibling male. It's all very strange.

Progress so far - July 30, 2020
-Not that much interesting has been happening, mostly because of this absolutely bizarre Zedaph project. I have nine dragons for it now, in two pairs and five unmatched. I've been considering starting a Hypno project on the side, but I have a feeling I'll be picking up a LOT of dragons for Zed and I don't want to squeeze myself for any more space at the moment.
-The final Jevin pair turned out to be related. Oops. But I managed to find a new mate for the Stained guy without too much trouble, and they'll be RTB tomorrow.
-Herobrine pair went out and came back again. Still no luck yet.
-Since I'm doing an update today, I decided today would be a good day to finally get around to buying Glowtail. So now Iskall is officially actually completed!

Progress so far - August 6, 2020
-New Jevin pair got back from their first nest! I got a kid who is close enough, but he's not exact and I don't have two of the three scrolls I need yet anyway, so I'm keeping him around as a placeholder and continuing to breed the parents to see if I can get the exact thing I want.
-I actually managed to scrape together four pairs for Zedaph, but I'm still looking for more because those odds... yikes. Two of the pairs have scores of 2k, and the other two pairs have scores closer to 20k, the highest I've had so far. I also have four unpaired dragons that I'm keeping around just in case.
-I now have four dragons for Hypno! Yeah, I started that. I took a peek and managed to find a dragon with exact colors right away, so I decided that instead of using him directly I'd breed in the genes as well. Surprisingly, the gene that is giving me trouble is not Hypnotic - I found that right away. It's Contour. I also need some other various dragons as mates, so there's that.
-TFC pair is finally away on a nest! And my new Bdubs pair is only a few days away.

Progress so far - August 18, 2020
-Progress has slowed as I try to manage my lair space a bit more smartly.
-Oh yeah by the way my original Bdubs nester returned! They apologized, said they had some IRL stuff come up, it happens, nbd. So now I have two Bdubs pairs! I just sent a ping out to get the original on another nest, and I'll stagger the other one by like two weeks so they can alternate and not go RTB all at once like my projects tend to do.
-TFC pair came up empty this time.
-Herobrine pair managed to get a primal that's the wrong colors but really good if you ignore the tert. Sent him off to an interested friend already.
-I have paused the Hypno project because lair space.
-Remember how I needed to rebreed that one pair for Scar? Turns out I had the wrong pair in my head as needing to be rebred, so I switched them out and nested the OTHER pair... and got one egg. So that pair is being thoroughly shamed, partly for the wegg and their previous Hatchling Crime and partly in lieu of shaming myself for renesting the wrong pair.
-Originally I told myself these guys were going to be loreless but I miiiiight have had an idea and started writing about them... Only one chapter so far, but I have a few more planned!

Progress so far - September 10, 2020
-It's been a while since I gave a progress update and that's because nothing really important happened. TFC, Jevin, Bdubs (x2), and Hero pairs have been on and off nests with no success yet. Still haven't started my Zedaph breeding, but I have gotten a couple dragons with slightly better colors involved and will probably have the lair space confidence to start that pretty soon.
-Last second-gen Scar pair is on a nest now. I've also been occasionally glancing at the AH in case I happen upon some other close kiddos, but so far I've only found males in the range I want??
-I HAVE a finalized Grian pair, but while I waited for them to be RTB I rebred one of the parent pairs just in case I got something better. I didn't particularly.
-Saving the most interesting news for last: I revamped my Cleo scry to take advantage of the new genes! Her plan is now Peridot Stitched/Fire Alloy!

Progress so far - October 7, 2020
-Plugging along. Literally nothing has been completed since the last update. Still cycling through the same pairs I mentioned before. So much for the lair space confidence to start the Zedaph project that I mentioned last time, huh?
-Got another unsolicited one-off primal, this time from my TFC pair. Again, sent to an interested Nature friend.
-My Scar pairs are a mess. Best range right now is 1/48 (counting gender), worst is 1/200, and none of the kids from any of the pairs will be able to breed with each other because all the pairs are built off siblings from one parent pair.
-Turns out the finalized Grian pair was related, with their common lineage being the ONE dragon that I thought I'd checked REALLY THOROUGHLY against everyone -_- Got lucky with a relatively close dragon with Swirl to breed another generation, and now I need to breed one of the parent pairs AGAIN to see if I can get a viable final pair again.

Progress so far - October 20, 2020
-No news is Not Good News. I got really close on a dragon for Scar... but it's male and on the opposite side of the wheel from all my females, when ideally I would want a close female to pair with a close male.
-Grian project is a total mess. Bred a pair, somehow managed to get no dragons who could get the colors I wanted with my planned mate, who has two colors right already.
-Single-pair projects don't want to be nice. Did I mention I got a second Jevin pair a while back? I did. They have double the cooldown of the other Jevin pair and have equally bad luck. I'm keeping a couple of the kids around just in case, but I can't breed them with each other because they're both girls. A+.
-On the plus side, I finally fixed my Etho design, which I really wasn't happy with. I changed/added some apparel and messed with his genes to really minimize the Kakashi similarities and bring forward the tech and general aesthetic chaos that make Etho unique.
-Oh yeah and I changed Mumbo's familiar to a Bamboo Phytocat nicknamed "Twelve".

Progress so far - November 10, 2020
-Finally! News!! Bdubs is here!!! He may or may not get gened super fast, since I'm part of the site Secret Santa and we're supposed to avoid changing our wishlists too much once we've been assigned, but that won't be for a couple more weeks...
-All the breedject siblings are in this tab and are available if anyone wants one ^_^ Normally I wouldn't bother, but they do look quite nice, so as much as the low lairspace pains me... They'll be available until the direct siblings grow up!
-Once they're out of the way, I can get back to sending off a couple other RTB pairs -I have one parent just-in-case and one close pair for Grian now, both my Jevin pairs are ready to send off again (as well as a pair of their kids), and two of my Scar pairs are finally RTB as well.
-Also my TFC pair is currently out on a nest, so we'll seeeee how that one goes!
-Did I mention my Herobrine pair is officially over odds? My chances of getting the right dragon from them are 1/18 and they've had more than 20 kids at this point and I'm still waiting. Got three more steves with Tarnish secondary in this round because RNG apparently particularly hates Soil.

Progress so far - November 13, 2020
-Bdubs grew up and I get to start dressing him up! Unfortunately, about the only apparel I had ready for him was pants. Fortunately, he's one of very few hermits with a canon shirtless look! So I got the closest I could to a bandolier of daggers by strapping a bunch of different bag items and a cutlass on him. Too bad I don't have his headband either yet.
-Also I remembered the eye apparel again and lo and behold, I just happen to have the perfect fit! So that's going on him too, for as long as he has his anime face in-game at least.
-In other project news, the TFC pair came back with another right color/wrong gender, and I've got 2/3 Jevin pairs and my Herobrine pair out on more nests. If all goes well, the Hero nest should be hatching on the anniversary of Minecraft's full release, which'd make it real cool if I actually got my goal dragon from it, but I'm not saying that too loud.

Progress so far - December 5, 2020
-Finally! Scar!!! He's not the exact colors I was hoping for - turns out, he's BETTER. Check out the scry in his bio! I can get some Vexy blue in there :D
-that's basically the news tbh, Secret Santa is going so I'm not buying genes for myself right now, and none of my other projects are going particularly amazingly at the moment. Herobrine pair is out on a nest right now, everything else is just kinda waiting. But now that this one's done, I can yeet, like, a dozen dragons, and I'll actually have SPACE to work with, so that's cool.

Progress so far - December 10, 2020
-oh m y g o d my Herobrine pair gave me, not just another nest of all Tarnish secondaries, but another primal. This is a 1/18 chance of the target dragon, folks. Two primals. No goal dragon. If anyone wants this primal, let me know - I know from the previous experience that Splash and Tarnish actually scry up quite nicely with each other and with Ice Primal.
-Everything else is on pause for just a tiny bit longer because I'd ideally like to sell my rejects to the dom battle next week, but my Jevin pairs and this one stubborn Grian pair are ready to go when that happens.

Progress so far - December 28, 2020
-Bdubs got a shirt for Christmas! Also got him a couple genes he needed, which means he's now complete enough to feature in the latest chapter of my fic! (I'm not sure I ever shared chapter 2 here, oops, so you might want to back up a page to get Mumbo's introduction too!)
-That's basically the news. Hero pair is wearing the outfits of ultra shame because the nest directly after the second primal was a WEGG that gave me another Tarnish. I was about to ragequit my Grian project, but I got some help that I think might get me back on track. For an XYX, anything anywhere close to his colors is stupid rare.

Progress so far - January 12, 2021
-Scar is what I would call a complete fandragon! I might give him Petals later, but I haven't decided yet, so for now he's done!
-yeah that's it. Hero pair is being shamed even MORE because they gave me a SECOND wegg in a row, none of the others have gone anywhere yet. Oh, and I picked up a couple of dragons for xB because someone gave the hot tip that after NotN is a good time to find a bunch of weird-colored reject dragons for projects. I should probably get back to that before they're all exalted but I might be too late. Got two at least though.
-Oh! also I'm now planning on giving Xisuma the wingpiece and arm piece from the new chitin armor set, but no preview on that yet b/c they're still brewing.

Progress so far - January 15, 2021
-Jevin wegg came back and it's he! I had all the scrolls and breed all ready so I popped them all on right away. Also I think I got the best natural eye type I could have and won't have to use my Goat eye scroll on him!! His familiar's name adds yet another fic to the list being referenced in minor ways, this time it's from the Meteor Effect series by CrazyCatMeow.
-He'll probably be the next one introduced in Hermits Rising, by the way.
-Xisuma now has a couple of the new chitin armor set! And after a humble request this morning, he also has pink teacups with him at all times :3

Progress so far - January 26, 2021
-Jevin is grown and dressed and put with the other hermits! He was shirtless for a while as APPARENTLY I didn't have enough white shirts around but it's all good now. His broadcast message stays though.
-A few other nests have come and gone. Grian project is going weirdly but I'm pretty sure it's actually progressing. And I've started the Hypno project! First pair to hatch a nest gave me exact colors with two of the genes I wanted, so I'm optimistic about being able to breed in everything for him.
-Herobrine pair continues to fail at Herobrine.

Progress so far - February 9, 2021
-HEROBRINE!!!
-After exactly EIGHT MONTHS, more than double the amount of hatchlings it was expected to take, two weggs, two right color/wrong genders, and two goddam PRIMALS, this breeding pair managed to produce their first and only five-egg nest, and sitting smack in the middle... is he!!!
-As you can see I've already applied a Veined that I've had in reserve for pretty much all eight of those months
-Also his glowing eyes, which I thought I already had but actually had to drop by the gem MP and get today. I'll be keeping an eagle eye on the MP for a Basic scroll - I've been holding out on that one for the chances of Basic passing down from parents (which it did on secondary!! As did breed!!).
-Oh yeah also there's a new chapter of Hermits Rising that I published on Saturday! I didn't really consider it news enough on its own so I decided to pair it with the next bigger update.
-In other breeding project news, I stumbled onto a g1 who actually slots really nicely into my Grian project, and he's already got a mate and is on a nest as we speak. I also might be getting a dragon for a future Cleo project soon, we'll see

Progress so far - February 11, 2021
-And Grian is here! Thank you Solcie for providing the necessary nest :D I already gened him up too b/c why not lol. Technically he's one off the target colors but honestly it doesn't matter anywhere near enough to tell, especially once I dress him up and cover his wings in purple feathers. Expect a new chapter of Hermits Rising probably as soon as he's "complete" (aka dressed)
-I've started gathering dragons for Cleo next! I got the one I mentioned last time, and have started saving AH searches and got a cute little Coatl too :D

Progress so far - February 20, 2021
-New chapter of Hermits Rising has been published! Now that most of the Jungle Gang is together I feel like I can actually get moving on my planned plot lol. There is still one missing, though... hmmm... ;)
-First generation of Hypno project dragons have now all been bred and the kiddos actually pair up quite nicely.
-Hermits have been moved to their own exclusive tab in my den!
-Still making progress on collecting the first generation of Cleo project dragons. I now have two pairs ready, just need two more dragons that can pair with my danglers. It's surprisingly hard to find dragons (with the other things I need) who have secondaries just on the down-wheel side of Fire.

Progress so far - March 2, 2021
-The map update is really helping me place hermits in the fic lol. Not going to give away too many spoilers, but I will hint that there will be a hermit in Emperor's Wake...
-Speaking of that, if you want a dragon of yours to cameo in Hermits Rising, whether as a background character or helping a hermit or anything like that, let me know! I've spread the hermits as far across the map as I can manage, so don't worry too much about being in the "wrong place" or anything.
-Cleo and Zedaph projects have begun! We'll see where the Zed one goes, it may not be a very straightforward one. The two nests so far have given me one startlingly close hatchling though...

Progress so far - April 21, 2021
- Not much to report actually, I just haven't in a while and I finally wrote Doc's first chapter in Hermits Rising.
-Not to say progress hasn't been made; I just haven't gotten to many checkpoints worth reporting.
-Zedaph project is a mess, as expected. I have managed to work in multiple instances of Opal, though.
-Hypno project is on two pairs, one of which accidentally ended up with All The Genes. Good colors though.
-Rescried TFC to have a Clouded secondary, which kinda looks like cobblestone and makes accuracy of the secondary less necessary. This means that my breeding pair - currently chilling with mgcltwo since I also switched him to Water eyes - theoretically has a 1/8 chance now, which is great.

Progress so far - June 5, 2021
-Hypno project worked out! I got him! I found a semi-last-minute Guardian who was really close and had gem genes, paired her up, and their very first nest was a success! This is the first and probably only one of these projects in which I bred all the genes in as well as the colors lol. Thanks to Solcie for hosting so many of the nests for this one!
-Zed project is still kinda messy but I'm getting tantalizingly close. I've had nests with 2/3 colors spot-on correct. I'm starting to send them off to Shadow nests too just in case.
-Cleo is... going. I've got some really good close pairs but they're all just sorta bouncing around the target at the moment. I got one that could have been perfect! Except she's from a pair that doesn't have Alloy. It's not too frustratingly bad yet though.
-No word on how the TFC pair is doing. Keeps getting close but nooooot quite.

Progress so far - June 19, 2021
-Finally got TFC! Thanks a ton to mgcltwo, who hosted the parents for the past two or three nests, and will probably be hosting more soon, because...
-My next project is apparently Wels! A Discord friend posted a Wels scry they'd made as an Obelisk, and that inspired me to rethink the scry I had. Since obbies aren't cycled Rare breeds, this makes my Wels project a lot more manageable, and I found a couple close-ish dragons pretty quick. Plus, their faces just really give off Wels energy, do they not?
scry?sdid=1695652&skin=0&apparel=8602,8603,7284,26852,9817,9219,18783,9450,26855&xt=dressing.png
First pair's odds are 1/40 and are RTB in 19 days, and I'll be looking for a second pair as well but no dice on that yet.
-I also wrote a new chapter of Hermits Rising, focusing on Hypno and featuring an NPC from an actual clan!

Progress so far - July 23, 2021
-I got a Zedaph! He's not quite the original plan exactly, but once again, I think he's actually better than my original plan! The Opal is a slightly better shade of pink, and I'm going to add Clown instead of Fade. Thank you so much Solcie for so efficiently helping with like 90% of my Shadow nests!
-I still haven't gotten TFC his Clouded gene because I'm stubborn and like to wait for sales but also Nature does not often get dominance bonuses and flash gene sales aren't actually that common soooo. yeah. It'll probably take a while before I get around to getting Zed his Clown and Noxtide too for the same reason lol.
-A few days ago I finally wrote a Hermits Rising chapter for Scar! So now in the story all of Jungle Gang is together, one of my clan dragons is with them, and they're headed to the Behemoth for help with getting everyone together again :D
-I now have one singular Wels pair that's pretty decent and RTB pretty soon...
-Cleo project is going so S L O W. why did I make her a Wildclaw. Why do I have so many rare breeds in this project. I'm so close.

Progress so far - August 8, 2021
-Note to self: vividly imagining updating this post is not the same as actually updating it.
-Wels boy was born six days ago! His plan has changed very slightly to use Flaunt and Scales instead of Runes.
-Speaking of Flaunt and Flare, I've updated a couple of my plans to utilize the new genes! Cub and Joe are definitely getting Flare. Etho's probably getting Flare. And Wels is getting Flaunt, despite it barely even being visible on him.
-Wels will also be getting one of those nice new gold-edged shields :D
-A nest for Cleo project hatched today, and didn't give me the dragon I want yet, but allowed me to tighten up two other pairs, in one case quite significantly!. Odds on the new pairs are 1/16 and 1/12, and I'm putting my last 1/40 nest on in 3 days.
-I've started casually looking for dragons for Joe. Harder to find than I thought they would be - as most XYX combos tend to be, it seems. My goal for him is Lapis/Orca/Cobalt.

Progress so far - August 9, 2021
-What's this? Two updates in a row??
-Heck yeah! Thanks to mgcltwo and dom bonuses, I have all the genes I needed for Zedaph AND TFC!
-Also I wrote Zed's chapter for Hermits Rising!
-You know how I was casually picking up dragons for a Joe breeding project that I was dreading? Welllllll... I found a male Coatl with Wind eyes and Orca secondary in the search range so I kinda also have a Joe in progress now :D

Progress so far - September 8, 2021
-There's nothing super major that's happened but it's been a month and some minor progress has been made so I figured I'd post an update.
-Wels has had a breed change which means I finally started dressing him and as usual I have about half the outfit and the torso item is not included :P Obviously he will not be going into battle without his full armor, but for some reason I find the concept of shirtless hermits (and also shirtless FR dragons) endlessly amusing, so I am immortalizing the image of bare-chested dragon Wels.
-I've gotten the 8-dragon starter kits and started breeding for xB and Keralis. I am NOT breeding for breed on Keralis b/c his colors are hard enough to find as it is and if I had to narrow down a Coatl project from a wide range I might go insane. As it is I'm working with four-digit odds in the first set.
-I wrote and posted a chapter for TFC and a chapter where no one is introduced but two hermits find each other!

Progress so far - October 12, 2021
-Joe has technically been complete for a while, though he still needs a hat and glasses! I'll... get around to finishing his chapter eventually lol. Doing a writing challenge right now that is taking up most of my fic brain :P
-xB project is technically down to two pairs but I'm still breeding the originals too because one of them wegged me So that one's going slower than anticipated.
-Keralis is going faster than anticipated! I didn't even need an intermediate generation apparently, I've just skipped straight to a pair that has like 50% color odds!
-To celebrate, I bought another pair. This one is 100% odds though! I re-scried a couple of hermits to see if Ribbon and Eel looked good and I quite like Obsidian Ribbon on Beef so I picked up a couple Obs/Blood/White dragons for that and they'll be RTB in a few days!
-Cleo project is s l o w. Dang Wildclaws.

Progress so far - October 17, 2021
-Cub! Cub is here! Thank you so much @AngelOfFate and Dragonwish Foundation for working on this project for just over a year and a half! In that time my color choices for him didn't really change, but I updated his gene plan to Ribbon/Flair/Underbelly. It should have updated in the preview post. He's gonna look great <3
-I realized that Nature flight's stereotypical love of animals actually fits Beef quite well so I'm putting that pair on my own nest today!
-Keralis pair was sent off to Solcie... yesterday? Ish.
-One of my Cleo pairs is now residing on my third nest! Lots of these guys suddenly getting very very close!

Progress so far - November 15, 2021
-checks what I last posted in here wow I haven't updated this in a bit
-Cleo!
-xB!
-Obviously neither of them are completed gene projects yet, nor will any of them be for a bit because it's that time of year where I put off all my gene projects until after the Secret Santa event
-Also I'm changing my scry for xB a bit, he'll have Striation, which is subtly purple and references a few of my fics where I write him as having ender abilities!
-You know that 100% odds Beef pair? They gave me two girls. They've been wearing shame masks for a month and will be RTB again tomorrow.
-I started picking up some dragons for Ren and am about to actually Start setting up a new section of the spreadsheet for him and making pairs out of what I'm getting. With his project started, I only have two un-started projects left??? That seems really wild to me.

Progress so far - January 8, 2022
-hi I've completely forgotten to update this post the entire holiday season lol
-I bought about a dozen dragons for the Ren project and then sent the closest pair off to an Earth nest and got a Ren first try!
-Keralis, on the other hand, has had 1/4 odds for a few months now and still has not arrived. The pair is with Saegaroth and is currently on a nest of two eggs so we'll see.
-I actually now have dragons for everyone except Etho, False, and Keralis! Wels I'm considering complete despite having no shirt because Flaunt Pretty - it kinda looks like armor anyway, it's fiiiine. Joe and Cub are also Actually Complete now, with some new apparel that wasn't originally in their plans but it is now! Ren, Beef, xB, and Cleo are all present, but still far from complete - Cleo is the closest, but has the most annoying-to-acquire apparel plans of all of them, so that's the only hangup there.
-Out of the three yet to come, Keralis is being stubborn, as mentioned; I got a bunch of dragons for an Etho project over NotN because it's a great time to find weird colors via all the gen 1's people hatch; I got a couple for False as well but kinda forgot to flesh out that project much so far so I have like two.
-I also posted a chapter of the fic to introduce Joe! Cub's chapter will probably be coming soon, but I might want to get a little closer to finishing Ren and/or writing one of the other chapters, because of an order of events I want to have.
-This dragon is not technically a hermit dragon, but I just loved the colors and the original genes from the Cub project so much that I had to keep another dragon from the project. I also have a third with the same colors and genes in my den, who is up for grabs if anyone wants!

Progress so far - January 23, 2022
-A week of dominance discount and a nice stockpile of treasure in the vault is a hell of a drug
-xB's look is complete!
-Beef's look is complete!
-Ren is complete except for his shoes - I never did find Crimson Aviator Boots for him last week.
-I have not spent any time even looking at or compiling the Etho and False dragons I currently have. I should probably do that at some point, not the least of which so that I know which ones I can den for now.
-Saegaroth, the friend holding my Keralis pair, found a gen 1 with the exact right colors but the wrong eyes, so they very kindly picked it up and will be pairing it with a right colors/wrong gender kid we got a while ago. Can't keep giving me ludicrous amounts of Teal kids if the literal ONLY color choice is Cerulean, right?
-I wrote a chapter for Cub and will hopefully get a couple more out and resolve the cliffhanger before TOO long buuuuut in the meantime enjoy this :)

Progress so far - March 8, 2022
-no I totally didn't forget about this thread what are you talking about
-Two new chapters of the fic are up! Including one that introduces Ren into it and resolves that cliffhanger I teased six weeks ago!
-oh yeah Ren got his boots by the way
-Keralis!! It literally took a nest where nothing could go wrong except gender to get this man to show up. I already had two genes ready to go and enough gems to get his breed change quick, but he's still missing Eye Spots. Will probably get it next week with that sweet Dom discount (crossing fingers that it's the top discount!)
-I put together a first generation of dragons for Etho and I'm almost ready to breed the second generation.
-Slowly getting together dragons for False. I might be able to get away with a two-pair project though...?

Progress so far - March 14, 2022
-I decided to just buy Eye Spots with my second place dom bonus. (GG Plague, great fight!) It's not that expensive of a gene, and now Keralis is complete and I can post probably my favorite chapter yet!
-My two Etho pairs are on Shadow nests just in case they decide to give me the right dragon immediately.
-I think I will go for a two-pair project with False and see if it works! One pair is currently RTB and I'll do the same thing as with Etho and get them on the right element nests early.

Progress so far - May 6, 2022
-You can tell I'm petering out on this because I'm posting on-time updates less and less lol
-Not that I'm not still going! Just forgetting the thread.
-On that note Etho was born - *checks page* - two weeks ago??
-Anyway yeah. I should probably send off a False pair or two again because I think they're all plenty RTB by now
-Also I have a chapter of the fic ready but haven't posted yet because I'm posting a bunch for Mermay, so keep an eye out for that if you're following!
-Should I continue posting to this thread with new chapters even when the breeding and geneing projects are all done?

Progress so far - July 26, 2022
-no I totally didn't forget this was still going
-Thanks to SyconSenti, I've gotten False!
-With that, all s7 hermits have been bred for! I might eventually bring Pearl and Gem in, even though they won't be in the fic, but I think I'm going to focus on geneing and completing the hermits I have first. I just need a few genes for False and Etho left to go!
-I would like opinions on whether to go Ribbon for False's primary or Falcon. Right now I'm liking the contrast of Ribbon, but Falcon is also quite nice and fits her kind of bird of prey vibe...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][size=7]Completed[/size] [size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2842037/1#post_2842037]Intro[/url] | Completed | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2842037/1#post_42791744]Planned[/url] | Notes[/center] [b][u]Xisuma[/u][/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/dragon/58640463] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/586405/58640463_350.png[/img] [/url] -As the leader and first complete, his bio also holds all my notes and stuff for future consideration. -Completed 2/24/2020 [b][u]Stress[/u][/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/dragon/57375270] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/573753/57375270_350.png[/img] [/url] -The only one who I didn't scry before finding the dragon. My friend MidnightWatcher gave me free run of their "gen 1's with potential" tab, and when I saw the pink and purple, I knew she would be perfect for the role. -Completed 3/15/2020 [b][u]Mumbo[/u][/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/dragon/60297309] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/602974/60297309_350.png[/img] [/url] -My first and probably only Imperial fandragon. Breed chosen because they already have whiskers and also because they're Tall. -Completed 4/4/2020 [b][u]Doc[/u][/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/dragon/60971361] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/609714/60971361_350.png[/img] [/url] -I was inspired to give him more lore than the others have been getting, a whole couple of paragraphs! -Completed 5/3/2020 [b][u]Impulse[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62147577][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/621476/62147577_350.png[/img][/url] -Impulse and Tango were born within 1 day of each other, which is absolutely great and amazing, and I made sure that all their gene milestones and stuff happened on the same days too! -Completed 7/7/2020 [b][u]Tango[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62161474][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/621615/62161474_350.png[/img][/url] -His familiar is an Ignited Imp so his bio could be this: "His nickname for one of his best friends is Impy. His nickname for his familiar is also Impy. Somehow, both always know which one he's talking to." -Completed 7/7/2020 [b][u]Iskall[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62322976][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623230/62322976_350.png[/img][/url] -I paid no attention to the terts of the parents, expecting to leave his tert basic, but it turned out to be a great color for him anyway. -Completed 7/30/2020 [b][u]Bdubs[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64944154][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/649442/64944154_350.png[/img][/url] -He started out with very jungle-y genes and it took a while to get him a shirt, so I temporarily gave him a more season-5-inspired look and then immortalized his "jungle form" in his bio! -Completed 12/28/2020 [b][u]Scar[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65592165][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/655922/65592165_350.png[/img][/url] -This is the first and only hermitdragon I will ever breed for eye color. The attempts to breed for eye color did result in me discovering better colors than I originally planned, though, so all's well that ends well! -Completed 1/12/2021 [b][u]Jevin[/u][/b] [i]"Did you know that slimes... *takes off shirt* ...have abs?"[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66639187][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/666392/66639187_350.png[/img][/url] -First hermitdragon to have a broadcast message and it started as a joke but I'll probably keep it forever. -Completed 1/26/2021 [b][u]Herobrine[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67230323][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672304/67230323_350.png[/img][/url] -This project has taken almost a YEAR to complete. The only longer one so far is Cub, who was assigned to the Dragonwish Foundation at about the same time and I haven't heard about in a while. -Completed 2/15/2021 [b][u]Grian[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67270645][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/672707/67270645_350.png[/img][/url] -I don't really have a fun fact about this project tbh -Completed 2/18/2021 [b][u]Hypno[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69799253][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/697993/69799253_350.png[/img][/url] -wow I haven't updated this post since a year and a half ago -One of these days I'll probably get him an hourglass but I'm really bad about buying gem mp apparel -Completed 06/05/2021 [b][u]TFC[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70234585][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/702346/70234585_350.png[/img][/url] -With this project I've been choosing a lot of familiars based on tooltip and this one always makes me chuckle. -Completed 08/09/2021 [b][u]Zedaph[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71092266][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/710923/71092266_350.png[/img][/url] -Not one, not two, but three references to Worm Man are technically present here! As well as a couple of references to some fan headcanons that I may or may not keep, like the wooly tail and the void cloak thing. -Completed 08/09/2021 [b][u]Joe[/u][/b] [i]Recording as I always do from Nashville, Tennessee-[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71340211][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/713403/71340211_350.png[/img][/url] -This dragon had two genes on him that I chose to keep instead of using my original plans, which involved Safari and Contour. But Flair and Circuit just fit him so much better, don't you think? -Completed 10/12/2021 [b][u]Cub[/u][/b] [i]sick ceiling bro[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73066940][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/730670/73066940_350.png[/img][/url] -Cub is the only dragon in this project who came from the Dragonwish Foundation! I really appreciate their existence and help, even as I go around changing gene plans on them :P I also kept two of his siblings, because I liked the genes they were bred with an awful lot. -Completed 01/08/2022 [b][u]Wels[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71334265][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/713343/71334265_350.png[/img][/url] -Wels is the reason I changed the point in time at which my fic about these guys is set! It started out as sort of mid-season 7, around the time I started the project, and I decided it would instead be set at the end of season 7, corresponding to just after the appearance of Obelisks in Sornieth. -Completed 01/08/2022 [b][u]xB[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73710049][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/737101/73710049_350.png[/img][/url] -While a couple of the hermit-dragons match their in-game names but are still shortened forms of their "full names", like Xisuma and Tango, xB is the only one who has his full online handle as his name because of site limitations. No two-letter names anymore :P -Completed 01/23/2022 [b][u]Beef[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73853922][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/738540/73853922_350.png[/img][/url] -My choice of breed for Beef is pretty much entirely based on what breeds that particular layering trick with the apron actually look halfway decent on. There are not many. -Completed 01/23/2022 [b][u]Ren[/u][/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74275309][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/742754/74275309_350.png[/img][/url] -All three of my gene choices for Ren were chosen because they're based on the patterning of various IRL wild canines! (Or canine-adjacent - I don't actually know what thylacines were, but close enough) -Completed 01/31/2022 [b][u]Keralis[/u][/b] [i]Look into my eyes, nothing but my eyes~[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75703869][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/757039/75703869_350.png[/img][/url] -Eyes(tm) -completed 03/14/2022
Completed
Intro | Completed | Planned | Notes

Xisuma

58640463_350.png

-As the leader and first complete, his bio also holds all my notes and stuff for future consideration.
-Completed 2/24/2020

Stress

57375270_350.png

-The only one who I didn't scry before finding the dragon. My friend MidnightWatcher gave me free run of their "gen 1's with potential" tab, and when I saw the pink and purple, I knew she would be perfect for the role.
-Completed 3/15/2020

Mumbo

60297309_350.png

-My first and probably only Imperial fandragon. Breed chosen because they already have whiskers and also because they're Tall.
-Completed 4/4/2020

Doc

60971361_350.png

-I was inspired to give him more lore than the others have been getting, a whole couple of paragraphs!
-Completed 5/3/2020

Impulse
62147577_350.png
-Impulse and Tango were born within 1 day of each other, which is absolutely great and amazing, and I made sure that all their gene milestones and stuff happened on the same days too!
-Completed 7/7/2020

Tango
62161474_350.png
-His familiar is an Ignited Imp so his bio could be this:
"His nickname for one of his best friends is Impy. His nickname for his familiar is also Impy. Somehow, both always know which one he's talking to."
-Completed 7/7/2020

Iskall
62322976_350.png
-I paid no attention to the terts of the parents, expecting to leave his tert basic, but it turned out to be a great color for him anyway.
-Completed 7/30/2020

Bdubs
64944154_350.png
-He started out with very jungle-y genes and it took a while to get him a shirt, so I temporarily gave him a more season-5-inspired look and then immortalized his "jungle form" in his bio!
-Completed 12/28/2020

Scar
65592165_350.png
-This is the first and only hermitdragon I will ever breed for eye color. The attempts to breed for eye color did result in me discovering better colors than I originally planned, though, so all's well that ends well!
-Completed 1/12/2021

Jevin
"Did you know that slimes... *takes off shirt* ...have abs?"
66639187_350.png
-First hermitdragon to have a broadcast message and it started as a joke but I'll probably keep it forever.
-Completed 1/26/2021

Herobrine
67230323_350.png
-This project has taken almost a YEAR to complete. The only longer one so far is Cub, who was assigned to the Dragonwish Foundation at about the same time and I haven't heard about in a while.
-Completed 2/15/2021

Grian
67270645_350.png
-I don't really have a fun fact about this project tbh
-Completed 2/18/2021

Hypno
69799253_350.png
-wow I haven't updated this post since a year and a half ago
-One of these days I'll probably get him an hourglass but I'm really bad about buying gem mp apparel
-Completed 06/05/2021

TFC
70234585_350.png
-With this project I've been choosing a lot of familiars based on tooltip and this one always makes me chuckle.
-Completed 08/09/2021

Zedaph
71092266_350.png
-Not one, not two, but three references to Worm Man are technically present here! As well as a couple of references to some fan headcanons that I may or may not keep, like the wooly tail and the void cloak thing.
-Completed 08/09/2021

Joe
Recording as I always do from Nashville, Tennessee-
71340211_350.png
-This dragon had two genes on him that I chose to keep instead of using my original plans, which involved Safari and Contour. But Flair and Circuit just fit him so much better, don't you think?
-Completed 10/12/2021

Cub
sick ceiling bro
73066940_350.png
-Cub is the only dragon in this project who came from the Dragonwish Foundation! I really appreciate their existence and help, even as I go around changing gene plans on them :P I also kept two of his siblings, because I liked the genes they were bred with an awful lot.
-Completed 01/08/2022

Wels
71334265_350.png
-Wels is the reason I changed the point in time at which my fic about these guys is set! It started out as sort of mid-season 7, around the time I started the project, and I decided it would instead be set at the end of season 7, corresponding to just after the appearance of Obelisks in Sornieth.
-Completed 01/08/2022

xB
73710049_350.png
-While a couple of the hermit-dragons match their in-game names but are still shortened forms of their "full names", like Xisuma and Tango, xB is the only one who has his full online handle as his name because of site limitations. No two-letter names anymore :P
-Completed 01/23/2022

Beef
73853922_350.png
-My choice of breed for Beef is pretty much entirely based on what breeds that particular layering trick with the apron actually look halfway decent on. There are not many.
-Completed 01/23/2022

Ren
74275309_350.png
-All three of my gene choices for Ren were chosen because they're based on the patterning of various IRL wild canines! (Or canine-adjacent - I don't actually know what thylacines were, but close enough)
-Completed 01/31/2022

Keralis
Look into my eyes, nothing but my eyes~
75703869_350.png
-Eyes(tm)
-completed 03/14/2022

___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
All Outfits (original plans)

Finalized
Bdubs
cubfan
Docm77
Etho
Hypno
iJevin
impulseSV
iskall85
Joehills
Keralis
Mumbo
Rendog
Scar
Stressmonster
TangoTek
TFC
beefers
Wels
xBCrafted
Xisumavoid
Zedaph
Cleo

Unsure or Skin changed

Incomplete
False
Grian
All Outfits (original plans)

Finalized
Bdubs
cubfan
Docm77
Etho
Hypno
iJevin
impulseSV
iskall85
Joehills
Keralis
Mumbo
Rendog
Scar
Stressmonster
TangoTek
TFC
beefers
Wels
xBCrafted
Xisumavoid
Zedaph
Cleo

Unsure or Skin changed

Incomplete
False
Grian
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Notes

-More often than not, breed choice, eye color, etc. are based on lore before appearance. There are some exceptions, particularly with the less-human hermits, but I'm trying to go for the lore option whenever I can.

-As such, most of the ones who I scried as Wildclaws are breed-negotiable. I'm using Wildclaws as base because they're the only truly bipedal breed so they're handy for humans. I'm totally open to NOT having to breed for OR scroll the things whenever possible though.

-*The asterisk. Why is Herobrine here? Herobrine is here because... of a fanfic. Specifically, this fanfic, the first one I'd ever read and one that I quickly became very obsessed with as I read it. It kind of got my butt into gear on making this project a reality in the first place, actually. AND my rambling about fandragons got the author involved in FR! So thank you, @SyconSenti, you're an inspiration :D
Notes

-More often than not, breed choice, eye color, etc. are based on lore before appearance. There are some exceptions, particularly with the less-human hermits, but I'm trying to go for the lore option whenever I can.

-As such, most of the ones who I scried as Wildclaws are breed-negotiable. I'm using Wildclaws as base because they're the only truly bipedal breed so they're handy for humans. I'm totally open to NOT having to breed for OR scroll the things whenever possible though.

-*The asterisk. Why is Herobrine here? Herobrine is here because... of a fanfic. Specifically, this fanfic, the first one I'd ever read and one that I quickly became very obsessed with as I read it. It kind of got my butt into gear on making this project a reality in the first place, actually. AND my rambling about fandragons got the author involved in FR! So thank you, @SyconSenti, you're an inspiration :D
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Hey look, this extra post came in handy.
People who have offered nests for the projects

Arcane
@FableSky

Earth
@xxvi

Ice
@HOMESKLLET

Lightning
@JayDaCat @RQuestions

Nature
@HelloWorld145 @RussetDown

Plague
@SyconSenti

Shadow
@Solcie

Water
@SilentWaves

Wind
@Raske
Hey look, this extra post came in handy.
People who have offered nests for the projects

Arcane
@FableSky

Earth
@xxvi

Ice
@HOMESKLLET

Lightning
@JayDaCat @RQuestions

Nature
@HelloWorld145 @RussetDown

Plague
@SyconSenti

Shadow
@Solcie

Water
@SilentWaves

Wind
@Raske
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Hi! It's so nice to see that I;ve inspired someone so much :')
Hi! It's so nice to see that I;ve inspired someone so much :')
OULXEBm.pngXNpWuEJ.png
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE
YYEEESSSSS
If I have any dragons who could help, let me know. :)

I breed Wildclaws. :)
(Well, kinda. I wanted to do a Hermit fandragon but i'm working on a fandragon already and I can't do two at once. ;-;)
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE
YYEEESSSSS
If I have any dragons who could help, let me know. :)

I breed Wildclaws. :)
(Well, kinda. I wanted to do a Hermit fandragon but i'm working on a fandragon already and I can't do two at once. ;-;)
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
@HelloWorld145
Hi!! Welcome to the club :D Part of why I made this thread is to find my people :D

I can't NOT do multiple breeding projects at once lol, I get bored with waiting for cooldowns :P What fandragon are you working on right now?
@HelloWorld145
Hi!! Welcome to the club :D Part of why I made this thread is to find my people :D

I can't NOT do multiple breeding projects at once lol, I get bored with waiting for cooldowns :P What fandragon are you working on right now?
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
It's for a Minecraft RP know as FairyTail Origins. There's a mage, and He'S a cAT and I NeED HIm-

Not Found

His name is Tabio

AND LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT COOLDOWNS-
Wildclaws have SUUCCHHHH LOOONNNGGG cooldowns, and I can't wait for like over a month for that.
It's for a Minecraft RP know as FairyTail Origins. There's a mage, and He'S a cAT and I NeED HIm-

Not Found

His name is Tabio

AND LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT COOLDOWNS-
Wildclaws have SUUCCHHHH LOOONNNGGG cooldowns, and I can't wait for like over a month for that.
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
@HelloWorld145
Hmm, I think I've heard of that, but I don't know anything about it. That's a cute fandragon though!

But ughhhh yeahhh cooldowns. I'm tempted to just furiously save gems so I can use whatever breed I want and buy the scrolls, which would be fine for the three Coatls, but that would still be frustrating for the Wildclaws because our freaking SCROLLS CYCLE IN AND OUT. I have a fandragon I bought a Wildclaw scroll for. I actually breed-changed him twice so that he could be my second-choice breed while I waited for the scrolls to cycle in. I also have a Wildclaw fandragon that I outsourced to the Dragonwish Foundation and it took two years to come back. I'm serious when I say I want to minimize Wildclaws in this project... but sometimes I just can't think of a better option.
@HelloWorld145
Hmm, I think I've heard of that, but I don't know anything about it. That's a cute fandragon though!

But ughhhh yeahhh cooldowns. I'm tempted to just furiously save gems so I can use whatever breed I want and buy the scrolls, which would be fine for the three Coatls, but that would still be frustrating for the Wildclaws because our freaking SCROLLS CYCLE IN AND OUT. I have a fandragon I bought a Wildclaw scroll for. I actually breed-changed him twice so that he could be my second-choice breed while I waited for the scrolls to cycle in. I also have a Wildclaw fandragon that I outsourced to the Dragonwish Foundation and it took two years to come back. I'm serious when I say I want to minimize Wildclaws in this project... but sometimes I just can't think of a better option.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34