Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Fodderlocke] Redrum and Roses
1 2 3
[center][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][/center] The [i]Little Rose[/i] - an new experimental model of airship built by renown shipwright and engineer Dr. Herkora, and stolen from right under their snout by pirates. The ship was then lead by Captain Cilantro, until he walked into his own death and was replaced by Captain Cygnus, until she died tragically and was replaced by Captain Pyrite. The motley pirate crew aboard the ship travels across Sorieth, plundering, pillaging, and picking up new crew members almost as fast as they kill off existing ones. Can they keep ahead of the ship's creator forever, and - more importantly - can they keep their crew together long enough to find the next settlement to raid? [center][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][/center] Hello and welcome to [b]Redrum and Roses[/b] - my first attempt at a fodderlocke! I've always loved the idea of 'lockes, but they've always felt too involved and lore-heavy for me. I've also been wanting to try to coli more often, but I'm very bad at it. When I found squiddragon's fodderlocke thread, it seemed perfect for me - a way to break up the monotony of levelling, and a lighter 'locke with fun challenges! I've taken my tasks from both the original thread and other fodderlockes, and I've tweaked the wording a little to fit the theme. Though I've lost the original threads they're from, they can all be found where I first found them - [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2806527]in the original thread[/url] - with a little digging. I'm not going to repost the setup, but I'll list out the daily tasks. I'm not going to force myself to do only one task per day - I might do multiple "days" in a real day, or I might skip over multiple days. [quote][center][b]Daily Tasks[/b] Phase One - Recruitment[/center] [LIST=1] [*]Buy yourself the two cheapest adult dragons off the auction house. These are your potential recruits. [*]Drag them through your two-fodder venue of choice together until they hit level 6. [*]Roll a 6-sided die for each. If you get a 6, congrats! That dragon has passed your test and has been hired onto your pirate crew. [*]If a dragon fails, exalt it. It is not worthy of being among you. [*]Continue your recruitment efforts until you get a successful recruit (or two at once if you’re lucky)! You may now move on to the drama phase. [/LIST][/quote] [quote][center][b]Daily Tasks[/b] Phase Two - Drama[/center] There is much drama to be had aboard a pirate ship, especially one as strange as the Little Rose. Each day is full of terrible terrible happenings. Generate a random number between 1 and 35. Your next challenge is as follows: [LIST=1] [*][b]Big Mistake.[/b] Somebody misread the directions. Three random dragons attempted to board a local law enforcement ship instead of the rival ship where the raid was supposed to take place. They’re instantly taken into custody. Exalt! [*][b]There’s Romance in the Air.[/b] Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together. [*][b]Hunting Trip.[/b] Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a familiar drop. [*][b]Stowaway.[/b] Some random dragon has been discovered below deck. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult off the AH. Leave them at level 1. For bonus points, try sniping an underpriced adult. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Kids Can be Pirates Too.[/b] Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age. [*][b]Stocking up on Supplies.[/b] Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a battlestone drop. [*][b]New Recruits![/b] Repeat the leveling to 6 and 1d6 rolls from the setup phase until you have one new recruit. [*][b]Backstabbing.[/b] Choose a dragon at random who is not the captain. Exalt them. Bye. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Honorable Duel.[/b] Pick two not-captain dragons at random. Put both of them in the coli and exalt whoever faints first. [*][b]Less-Than Honorable Duel.[/b] Pick two not-captain dragons at random. Assign one heads and the other tails. Flip a coin- whichever side is face up kills the other dragon. Exalt them. [*][b]Rinse and Repeat.[/b] Repeat phase one! Gain a new member! And then come back here and roll a new phase 2 event. [*][b]Costume Shopping.[/b] Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a apparel drop. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Test the Newbies.[/b] Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level dragons (all below the median level). If it’s higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level dragons by one level. [*][b]Major Raid!![/b] This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level. [*][b]Treasure Hunt.[/b] Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a chest drop (or any other openable). [*][b]A Coup![/b] Exalt your captain. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new captain from the remaining dragons. The highest level dragon will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied dragon shall be the captain. Level the tied dragon one level to make it better than its peers. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Take a gamble.[/b] The two highest-level dragons undergo a risky operation. Flip a coin. If heads, they both survive and gain a level from the daring endeavor. If tails, take both of them into a venue matching their level and exalt whichever one faints first. [*][b]New Recruits![/b] Repeat the leveling to 6 and 1d6 rolls from the setup phase until you have one new recruit. [*][b]Long Live the King![/b] One of the crew members swears an oath of loyalty to the captain. If the captain were to be exalted, this member protects them and is exalted in their stead. If the captain would be exalted because of being replaced, either due to a coli drop, event, or another dragon being a higher level, the captain remains in the gang, but is now demoted. [*][b]Ambushed![/b] The law has somehow located the crew's ship! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random dragon. If tails, two random dragons fall during the escape and must be exalted. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Bad Weather.[/b] It’s raining lightly outside, so, of course, crime cannot happen today. Nothing happens. [*][b]Rich tastes.[/b] Even the rich aren’t immune to the allure of good ol’ fashioned piracy. Buy the cheapest XXX dragon on the AH and level them to seven. If the captain ever dies while they’re around, they become the new leader instantly. [*][b]A Mutiny![/b] One random dragon reveals their true identity... They become the leader of a whole new crew. One other random dragon goes with them. This new gang acts as its own mini-fodderlocke and does the daily phases. Only one new mutiny crew can exist alongside the main crew so things don't get out of hand. Any time this result is rolled by the main crew, one random dragon joins the mutineers. Any time this result is rolled by the new crew, one random dragon goes back to the main crew. Any time only one dragon is left in either crew, exalt the last remaining dragon and remove it from play. [*][b]New Recruits![/b] Repeat the leveling to 6 and 1d6 rolls from the setup phase until you have one new recruit. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Gettin’ Down With the Piracy.[/b] The crew’s gettin’ smart. Wicked smart. Three random dragons are now SO smart that they forgot how to die. If any of them would, for any reason, be exalted, they now simply...don’t do that. But only once. Treat this as an “extra life” of sorts. [*][b]Scurvy![/b] Randomly select a dragon- they got caught out in bad weather (or something) and is ill/injured. For the next 5 tasks rolled, if that dragon is selected for anything active (the coli tasks, heists, etc,) their infirmity slows them up and they die. Exalt them. [*][b]Rinse and Repeat.[/b] Repeat phase one! Gain a new member! And then come back here and roll a new phase 2 event. [*][b]Crimes Time![/b] Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission. [*][b]Discovery![/b] While exploring the ship, someone accidentally triggers an unknown function of the Little Rose. Whatever plans for the day are thrown out the window while the crew messes with it. Nothing gets done. The discovery may lead to a new rule, bonus, or other change in the way the fodderlocke is played. [/LIST][/quote] [quote][center][b]Other Notes[/b][/center] [LIST] [*]Any step or event that requires you to purchase a dragon through the AH can be acquired from your fodder hibden (if you have one), as long as they meet all the other requirements. They just need to be fodder. [*]Keep an eye on your drops while you’re in the coli. If you get any of the following while training, grant the following effects to your members who were in the coli with them at the time. [b]Eliminate:[/b] Oh, bad luck. Exalt both of them. [b]Gene:[/b] Good luck! They’ve blessed you with excellent loot. Put an apparel item of choice on each to mark as given a second chance. If you would exalt them, instead remove the apparel. They have managed to scrape by. [b]Egg:[/b] Oh nice, think of how many hatchlings you can buy if you sell One egg. Pick up the three cheapest hatchies on the AH. Level them to 5 when they come of age. [b]Rally:[/b] The current party is motivated! If they would have to roll as to whether or not they'll get exalted at the end of this coli event, they automatically succeed and return safely to your lair. [b]Ambush:[/b] Randomly choose one of the dragons in the current coli party. They flee and get the heck out. Immediately refresh, remove them, and replace them with a random other dragon. [*]If you ever run out of dragons completely, you lose. Start over. Consider keeping a high-score chart to see which crime organization lasts the longest. [*]If you ever run into a very exciting dom raffle or battle, feel free to exalt/send as many as you want. Run out of space and need to cull the group? Yeet them. There is no mercy here in the fodderlocke. None at all. [*]If for some ungodly reason a dragon ever gets to level 25, crown them the lord of all fodder. Give them stats & stones and pull them out to make them your new 2-fod trainer. Or exalt them for being too strong. Your choice. [/LIST][/quote]

The Little Rose - an new experimental model of airship built by renown shipwright and engineer Dr. Herkora, and stolen from right under their snout by pirates. The ship was then lead by Captain Cilantro, until he walked into his own death and was replaced by Captain Cygnus, until she died tragically and was replaced by Captain Pyrite. The motley pirate crew aboard the ship travels across Sorieth, plundering, pillaging, and picking up new crew members almost as fast as they kill off existing ones. Can they keep ahead of the ship's creator forever, and - more importantly - can they keep their crew together long enough to find the next settlement to raid?

Hello and welcome to Redrum and Roses - my first attempt at a fodderlocke! I've always loved the idea of 'lockes, but they've always felt too involved and lore-heavy for me. I've also been wanting to try to coli more often, but I'm very bad at it. When I found squiddragon's fodderlocke thread, it seemed perfect for me - a way to break up the monotony of levelling, and a lighter 'locke with fun challenges!

I've taken my tasks from both the original thread and other fodderlockes, and I've tweaked the wording a little to fit the theme. Though I've lost the original threads they're from, they can all be found where I first found them - in the original thread - with a little digging. I'm not going to repost the setup, but I'll list out the daily tasks. I'm not going to force myself to do only one task per day - I might do multiple "days" in a real day, or I might skip over multiple days.

Quote:
Daily Tasks
Phase One - Recruitment
  1. Buy yourself the two cheapest adult dragons off the auction house. These are your potential recruits.
  2. Drag them through your two-fodder venue of choice together until they hit level 6.
  3. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If you get a 6, congrats! That dragon has passed your test and has been hired onto your pirate crew.
  4. If a dragon fails, exalt it. It is not worthy of being among you.
  5. Continue your recruitment efforts until you get a successful recruit (or two at once if you’re lucky)! You may now move on to the drama phase.

Quote:
Daily Tasks
Phase Two - Drama

There is much drama to be had aboard a pirate ship, especially one as strange as the Little Rose. Each day is full of terrible terrible happenings.

Generate a random number between 1 and 35. Your next challenge is as follows:
  1. Big Mistake. Somebody misread the directions. Three random dragons attempted to board a local law enforcement ship instead of the rival ship where the raid was supposed to take place. They’re instantly taken into custody. Exalt!
  2. There’s Romance in the Air. Pick two dragons at random. They are now in a relationship. If one gets exalted, so does the other. Their fates are bound together.
  3. Hunting Trip. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a familiar drop.
  4. Stowaway. Some random dragon has been discovered below deck. Who is this guy???? Grab the cheapest adult off the AH. Leave them at level 1. For bonus points, try sniping an underpriced adult.
  5. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  6. Kids Can be Pirates Too. Grab the cheapest hatchie off the AH. Level it to 5 when it comes of age.
  7. Stocking up on Supplies. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a battlestone drop.
  8. New Recruits! Repeat the leveling to 6 and 1d6 rolls from the setup phase until you have one new recruit.
  9. Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the captain. Exalt them. Bye.
  10. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  11. Honorable Duel. Pick two not-captain dragons at random. Put both of them in the coli and exalt whoever faints first.
  12. Less-Than Honorable Duel. Pick two not-captain dragons at random. Assign one heads and the other tails. Flip a coin- whichever side is face up kills the other dragon. Exalt them.
  13. Rinse and Repeat. Repeat phase one! Gain a new member! And then come back here and roll a new phase 2 event.
  14. Costume Shopping. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a apparel drop.
  15. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  16. Test the Newbies. Roll a d10 for each of your lowest-level dragons (all below the median level). If it’s higher than their level, exalt them. They were not good enough. Raise the remaining low-level dragons by one level.
  17. Major Raid!! This is it! Your time to shine. Roll a d12 for every dragon. If you get higher than their level, exalt. Raise all survivors by one level.
  18. Treasure Hunt. Take any two of your dragons into a coli venue that is too low for them to gain experience. Go until you get a chest drop (or any other openable).
  19. A Coup! Exalt your captain. They have been dramatically betrayed by the others a la the ides of march. Determine a new captain from the remaining dragons. The highest level dragon will be it. If there is a tie, the oldest tied dragon shall be the captain. Level the tied dragon one level to make it better than its peers.
  20. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  21. Take a gamble. The two highest-level dragons undergo a risky operation. Flip a coin. If heads, they both survive and gain a level from the daring endeavor. If tails, take both of them into a venue matching their level and exalt whichever one faints first.
  22. New Recruits! Repeat the leveling to 6 and 1d6 rolls from the setup phase until you have one new recruit.
  23. Long Live the King! One of the crew members swears an oath of loyalty to the captain. If the captain were to be exalted, this member protects them and is exalted in their stead. If the captain would be exalted because of being replaced, either due to a coli drop, event, or another dragon being a higher level, the captain remains in the gang, but is now demoted.
  24. Ambushed! The law has somehow located the crew's ship! Flip a coin. If heads, most of them manage to escape; exalt one random dragon. If tails, two random dragons fall during the escape and must be exalted.
  25. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  26. Bad Weather. It’s raining lightly outside, so, of course, crime cannot happen today. Nothing happens.
  27. Rich tastes. Even the rich aren’t immune to the allure of good ol’ fashioned piracy. Buy the cheapest XXX dragon on the AH and level them to seven. If the captain ever dies while they’re around, they become the new leader instantly.
  28. A Mutiny! One random dragon reveals their true identity... They become the leader of a whole new crew. One other random dragon goes with them. This new gang acts as its own mini-fodderlocke and does the daily phases. Only one new mutiny crew can exist alongside the main crew so things don't get out of hand. Any time this result is rolled by the main crew, one random dragon joins the mutineers. Any time this result is rolled by the new crew, one random dragon goes back to the main crew. Any time only one dragon is left in either crew, exalt the last remaining dragon and remove it from play.
  29. New Recruits! Repeat the leveling to 6 and 1d6 rolls from the setup phase until you have one new recruit.
  30. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  31. Gettin’ Down With the Piracy. The crew’s gettin’ smart. Wicked smart. Three random dragons are now SO smart that they forgot how to die. If any of them would, for any reason, be exalted, they now simply...don’t do that. But only once. Treat this as an “extra life” of sorts.
  32. Scurvy! Randomly select a dragon- they got caught out in bad weather (or something) and is ill/injured. For the next 5 tasks rolled, if that dragon is selected for anything active (the coli tasks, heists, etc,) their infirmity slows them up and they die. Exalt them.
  33. Rinse and Repeat. Repeat phase one! Gain a new member! And then come back here and roll a new phase 2 event.
  34. Crimes Time! Pick two dragons at random. They have to go on a quest now. Raise both of them a level. Roll a 6-sided die for each. If it’s a 1, exalt them as they were lost in the mission.
  35. Discovery! While exploring the ship, someone accidentally triggers an unknown function of the Little Rose. Whatever plans for the day are thrown out the window while the crew messes with it. Nothing gets done. The discovery may lead to a new rule, bonus, or other change in the way the fodderlocke is played.

Quote:
Other Notes
  • Any step or event that requires you to purchase a dragon through the AH can be acquired from your fodder hibden (if you have one), as long as they meet all the other requirements. They just need to be fodder.
  • Keep an eye on your drops while you’re in the coli. If you get any of the following while training, grant the following effects to your members who were in the coli with them at the time.
    Eliminate: Oh, bad luck. Exalt both of them.
    Gene: Good luck! They’ve blessed you with excellent loot. Put an apparel item of choice on each to mark as given a second chance. If you would exalt them, instead remove the apparel. They have managed to scrape by.
    Egg: Oh nice, think of how many hatchlings you can buy if you sell One egg. Pick up the three cheapest hatchies on the AH. Level them to 5 when they come of age.
    Rally: The current party is motivated! If they would have to roll as to whether or not they'll get exalted at the end of this coli event, they automatically succeed and return safely to your lair.
    Ambush: Randomly choose one of the dragons in the current coli party. They flee and get the heck out. Immediately refresh, remove them, and replace them with a random other dragon.
  • If you ever run out of dragons completely, you lose. Start over. Consider keeping a high-score chart to see which crime organization lasts the longest.
  • If you ever run into a very exciting dom raffle or battle, feel free to exalt/send as many as you want. Run out of space and need to cull the group? Yeet them. There is no mercy here in the fodderlocke. None at all.
  • If for some ungodly reason a dragon ever gets to level 25, crown them the lord of all fodder. Give them stats & stones and pull them out to make them your new 2-fod trainer. Or exalt them for being too strong. Your choice.
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
[center][size=3][b]Current Crew Members[/b][/size][/center] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59343066][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/593431/59343066.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Pyrite[/b] Captain Day 3 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]I'm the captain of this ship. Anything else you need to know?[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59651976][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596520/59651976.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Paderau[/b] Quartermaster Day 8 Hire Statuses: none[/columns] [i]We met Paddy in a settlement in Dragonhome. I'd wonder how a wind dragon ended up there, but he's definitely a bit of a stereotype. It's hard to tell if he was so eager to join us because we gave him a chance to escape the monotony that his life had become or the strict rule of the law, though.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59510108][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/595102/59510108.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Giovanelli[/b] Boatswain/Acting Sailing Master Day 6 Hire Statuses: none[/columns] [i]Gio's been around almost as long as I have. He knows this ship inside and out and keeps it up to snuff. The [/i]Little Rose[i] comes with a lot of surprises, but he always manages to keep up.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59651975][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596520/59651975.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Corey[/b] Sailing Master in Training Day 7 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Picked up Corey while picking through the wreckage of a beached ship. He's got a lot of snark, but I get the feeling that he's just uncomfortable with being around a bunch of pirates. He's smart, though, which is why he's learning the ship's controls instead of being kept in the brig.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59949386][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/599494/59949386.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Hoodsearcher[/b] Ship Medic Day 4 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]A generally nice, if bit overbearing, dragon. Definitely uncomfortable with how dangerous our company is, but he does everything in his to keep us in one piece. If he wants to take better care of his charge, though, I think he should find company that stays in better health than us. Maybe he likes the challenge.[/i] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59962036][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/599621/59962036.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Asteria[/b] Navigator Day 12 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Asteria is a bold little fae. She takes challenges as they come and doesn't back down. Her attitude is definitely not uncommon for a plague dragon, but given how comfortable she is aboard the[/i] Little Rose[i], I wonder if she's sailed before.[/i] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60694142][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/606942/60694142.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Voipina[/b] Sailor Day 9 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Pina's a troublemaker, but in a completely opposite way to Wyn. She's one heck of a kleptomaniac, even trying to take stuff from us. Must have some Ridgeback relations. She's not a strong flyer though, so a few threats of tossing her overboard is enough to keep her in line.[/i] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62844523][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/628446/62844523.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Bregalad[/b] Sailor Day 10 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Bregalad joined us while we were stopped in the Sunbeam Ruins. According to him, he was deserted by his previous crew and left at the dock we found him, and has been trying to find a new crew since. I'm not sure how much I trust his story, but we always need new crew members, so he's flying with us for now.[/i] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62989741][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629898/62989741.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Thunder[/b] Sailor Day 13 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]We found Thunder dying on the side of a mountain. He's had a bit of a bad track record with more civilized company, so I'm certain he'll fit right in here. He's a bit paranoid though, which might end up being a problem; hopefully he won't get it in his head that we're out to get him too.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59561693][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/595617/59561693.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Dromund[/b] Cabindrake Day 7 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]The first thing that comes to mind when talking about Dromund is anxiety. I've never seen a fae be able to express stress without any facial expressions or tone variety whatsoever like she does. Not that it's particularly unexpected, as she came to us after barely surviving a shipwreck, but I wish she'd calm down a little.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60732623][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/607327/60732623.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Asimar[/b] Cabindrake Day 8 Hire Statuses: Too Smart to Die[/columns] [i]Asimar is adventurous. He's the one that convinced the other stowaway to sneak onto the [/i]Little Rose[i] in the first place. He's been very eager to learn more about the ship, and about being a pirate. I think some of the glamour has started to fade from it, though.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60732623][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608086/60808530.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Lantern[/b] Cabindrake Day 8 Hire Statuses: Too Smart to Die[/columns] [i]The second of the stowaways. Latern's a nosy little drake. They spend as much time as they can exploring every nook and cranny of the[/i] Little Rose[i], and they've gotten good at navigating it. They've also gotten good at finding places to hide when they're needed. At least they're comfortable on the ship.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=63071437][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/630715/63071437.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Odessa[/b] Cabindrake Day 14 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Odessa is a relative of Pina, but the similarities between the two of them stop there. Dess is quiet and reserved and seems uncomfortable aboard the [/i]Little Rose[i]. She doesn't know much about sailing at all. It's like she hadn't been outside her clan at all before joining us.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59361167][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/593612/59361167.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Bedwyn[/b] Captive Day 5 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Wyn's too clever for her own good. I have to keep one eye on her at all times to make sure she doesn't stab me in the back. She's tried too many times to undermine my authority, but I can't afford to lose any crew members, so she's stuck with us for now.[/i] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=62953180][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629532/62953180.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Accelerando[/b] Captive Day 11 Hire Statuses: None[/columns] [i]Accel doesn't seem to sleep. He's near constantly stressed, though that may be in part due to being stuck on a pirate ship. He practically begged us to let him stay on our ship when he first came to us, though. I wonder what he's running from.[/i] [center][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][/center] [center][size=3][b]Fallen Crew[/b][/size][/center] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58858602] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/588587/58858602p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Smoky[/b] Original crew Died while trying to save his charge.[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59326222] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/593263/59326222p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Jarna[/b] Day 2 hire Died on her first raid.[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58858600] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/588587/58858600p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Cilantro[/b] Original Captain Died defending his crew.[/columns] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58851287] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/588513/58851287p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Sprout[/b] Original Crew Died in an ambush.[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59326219][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/593263/59326219p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Looney[/b] Day 1 Hire Died in an ambush.[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58858601] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/588587/58858601p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Cygnus[/b] Original Crew Died in a cave-in.[/columns] [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58851288] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/588513/58851288p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Chico[/b] Original Crew Died in a cave-in.[nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60755353] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/607554/60755353p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][b]Winterblossom[/b] Day 8 hire Fell sick in the Scarred Wasteland and died.[/columns]
Current Crew Members
59343066.png Pyrite
Captain
Day 3 Hire
Statuses: None
I'm the captain of this ship. Anything else you need to know?
59651976.png Paderau
Quartermaster
Day 8 Hire
Statuses: none
We met Paddy in a settlement in Dragonhome. I'd wonder how a wind dragon ended up there, but he's definitely a bit of a stereotype. It's hard to tell if he was so eager to join us because we gave him a chance to escape the monotony that his life had become or the strict rule of the law, though.
59510108.png Giovanelli
Boatswain/Acting Sailing Master
Day 6 Hire
Statuses: none
Gio's been around almost as long as I have. He knows this ship inside and out and keeps it up to snuff. The Little Rose comes with a lot of surprises, but he always manages to keep up.
59651975.png Corey
Sailing Master in Training
Day 7 Hire
Picked up Corey while picking through the wreckage of a beached ship. He's got a lot of snark, but I get the feeling that he's just uncomfortable with being around a bunch of pirates. He's smart, though, which is why he's learning the ship's controls instead of being kept in the brig.
59949386.png Hoodsearcher
Ship Medic
Day 4 Hire
A generally nice, if bit overbearing, dragon. Definitely uncomfortable with how dangerous our company is, but he does everything in his to keep us in one piece. If he wants to take better care of his charge, though, I think he should find company that stays in better health than us. Maybe he likes the challenge.
59962036.png Asteria
Navigator
Day 12 Hire
Asteria is a bold little fae. She takes challenges as they come and doesn't back down. Her attitude is definitely not uncommon for a plague dragon, but given how comfortable she is aboard the Little Rose, I wonder if she's sailed before.
60694142.png Voipina
Sailor
Day 9 Hire
Pina's a troublemaker, but in a completely opposite way to Wyn. She's one heck of a kleptomaniac, even trying to take stuff from us. Must have some Ridgeback relations. She's not a strong flyer though, so a few threats of tossing her overboard is enough to keep her in line.
62844523.png Bregalad
Sailor
Day 10 Hire
Bregalad joined us while we were stopped in the Sunbeam Ruins. According to him, he was deserted by his previous crew and left at the dock we found him, and has been trying to find a new crew since. I'm not sure how much I trust his story, but we always need new crew members, so he's flying with us for now.
62989741.png Thunder
Sailor
Day 13 Hire
We found Thunder dying on the side of a mountain. He's had a bit of a bad track record with more civilized company, so I'm certain he'll fit right in here. He's a bit paranoid though, which might end up being a problem; hopefully he won't get it in his head that we're out to get him too.
59561693.png Dromund
Cabindrake
Day 7 Hire
The first thing that comes to mind when talking about Dromund is anxiety. I've never seen a fae be able to express stress without any facial expressions or tone variety whatsoever like she does. Not that it's particularly unexpected, as she came to us after barely surviving a shipwreck, but I wish she'd calm down a little.
60732623.png Asimar
Cabindrake
Day 8 Hire
Statuses: Too Smart to Die
Asimar is adventurous. He's the one that convinced the other stowaway to sneak onto the Little Rose in the first place. He's been very eager to learn more about the ship, and about being a pirate. I think some of the glamour has started to fade from it, though.
60808530.png Lantern
Cabindrake
Day 8 Hire
Statuses: Too Smart to Die
The second of the stowaways. Latern's a nosy little drake. They spend as much time as they can exploring every nook and cranny of the Little Rose, and they've gotten good at navigating it. They've also gotten good at finding places to hide when they're needed. At least they're comfortable on the ship.
63071437.png Odessa
Cabindrake
Day 14 Hire
Odessa is a relative of Pina, but the similarities between the two of them stop there. Dess is quiet and reserved and seems uncomfortable aboard the Little Rose. She doesn't know much about sailing at all. It's like she hadn't been outside her clan at all before joining us.
59361167.png Bedwyn
Captive
Day 5 Hire
Wyn's too clever for her own good. I have to keep one eye on her at all times to make sure she doesn't stab me in the back. She's tried too many times to undermine my authority, but I can't afford to lose any crew members, so she's stuck with us for now.
62953180.png Accelerando
Captive
Day 11 Hire
Accel doesn't seem to sleep. He's near constantly stressed, though that may be in part due to being stuck on a pirate ship. He practically begged us to let him stay on our ship when he first came to us, though. I wonder what he's running from.
Fallen Crew

58858602p.png
Smoky
Original crew
Died while trying to save his charge.

59326222p.png
Jarna
Day 2 hire
Died on her first raid.

58858600p.png
Cilantro
Original Captain
Died defending his crew.

58851287p.png
Sprout
Original Crew
Died in an ambush.
59326219p.png Looney
Day 1 Hire
Died in an ambush.

58858601p.png
Cygnus
Original Crew
Died in a cave-in.

58851288p.png
Chico
Original Crew
Died in a cave-in.

60755353p.png
Winterblossom
Day 8 hire
Fell sick in the Scarred Wasteland and died.
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
[center][size=3][b]Captain's Log[/b][/size][/center] Every single post I make tracking the progress of the 'locke, organized by who was the captain at the start of the day! Cilantro: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/1#post_42409271]Day 1[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/1#post_42422148]Day 2[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/2#post_42926565]Day 3[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/2#post_42927240]Day 4[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/2#post_42940215]Day 5[/url] Cygnus: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/2#post_42949857]Day 6[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/2#post_42964610]Day 7[/url] [columns][right][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/593431/59343066p.png[/img] Pyrite[/right][nextcol][size=4][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/2#post_42974409]Day 8[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/3#post_43001279]Day 9[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/3#post_44224418]Day 10[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/3#post_44235181]Day 11 | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/3#post_44243959]Day 12[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/3#post_44254093]Day 13 | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2827089/3#post_44281672]Day 14[/url][/url][/url][/size][/columns] [center][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][emoji=rose size=1][emoji=pirate ship size=1][emoji=yellow gem size=1][/center] [center][size=3][b]Total Earnings[/b][/size][/center] [center]Treasure [emoji=treasure size=1]: 550612t Gems [emoji=gem size=1]: 0g Notable Drops[emoji=money bag size=1]: [quote][item=Might Fragment][item=Disorient][item=Unhatched Water Egg][item=Ceanothus Brawler][item=Green Lace Collar][item=Silky Webwing][item=Leafy Pack][/quote][/center]
Captain's Log

Every single post I make tracking the progress of the 'locke, organized by who was the captain at the start of the day!

Cilantro: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5
Cygnus: Day 6 | Day 7
59343066p.png
Pyrite
Day 8 | Day 9 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 | Day 14
Total Earnings
Treasure : 550612t
Gems : 0g
Notable Drops:
Quote:
Might Fragment Disorient Unhatched Water Egg Ceanothus Brawler Green Lace Collar Silky Webwing Leafy Pack
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
[center][size=3][b]Pinglists[/b][/size][/center] In case anyone wants to keep updated with this thing. Most of the updates I make for this thread will only have a paragraph or two written by the current captain in the log. If anything happens to inspire me to write more, though, I might consider writing out actual scene drabbles for the updates. If the scenes become common enough, I might start a pinglist for people who want to be exclusively updated on that; until then, though, the only pinglist will be for each day in the captain's log. [code][size=1]Pinglist: @minervamaga @KyaniteGem @firefox909 @Amezrou @slp0001 [/size][/code]
Pinglists

In case anyone wants to keep updated with this thing.

Most of the updates I make for this thread will only have a paragraph or two written by the current captain in the log. If anything happens to inspire me to write more, though, I might consider writing out actual scene drabbles for the updates. If the scenes become common enough, I might start a pinglist for people who want to be exclusively updated on that; until then, though, the only pinglist will be for each day in the captain's log.

Code:
[size=1]Pinglist: @minervamaga @KyaniteGem @firefox909 @Amezrou @slp0001 [/size]
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
reserved
reserved
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
one more just in case
one more just in case
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
[b][u]Captain's Log - Day 1[/u][/b] ----- [b]Phase One[/b] Failed Recruits: 5 Treasure earned: 52927 [i]Docked near a small settlement on the edge a' the Windswept Plateau. The hot winds a' the Ashfall Waste carried us away from the Doc's workshop faster than we expected, especially with Sprout's help. We're still short a few deckclaws though, so Smoky 'n I headed into town to try and find some workers. It... may not have gone as well as we hoped (definitely won't be welcomed back any time soon!) but we did hire [emoji=fae size=1] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59326219]Looney[/url]! He seemed almost as eager to leave as we were. And we made it out a' there with a few extra thousand treasure to boot![/i] ----- [b]Phase Two[/b] Event: Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the captain. Exalt them. Bye. Exalted: Smoky Treasure earned: 9272 [i]While we were trying to get away, though, Smoky's familiar ran off. A' course he chased after it; that thing is his charge. Dunno what happened to him, but I'm pretty sure he went up in smoke. Oops.[/i]
Captain's Log - Day 1

Phase One
Failed Recruits: 5
Treasure earned: 52927

Docked near a small settlement on the edge a' the Windswept Plateau. The hot winds a' the Ashfall Waste carried us away from the Doc's workshop faster than we expected, especially with Sprout's help. We're still short a few deckclaws though, so Smoky 'n I headed into town to try and find some workers. It... may not have gone as well as we hoped (definitely won't be welcomed back any time soon!) but we did hire Looney! He seemed almost as eager to leave as we were. And we made it out a' there with a few extra thousand treasure to boot!

Phase Two
Event: Backstabbing. Choose a dragon at random who is not the captain. Exalt them. Bye.
Exalted: Smoky
Treasure earned: 9272

While we were trying to get away, though, Smoky's familiar ran off. A' course he chased after it; that thing is his charge. Dunno what happened to him, but I'm pretty sure he went up in smoke. Oops.
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
[b][u]Captain's Log - Day 2[/u][/b] ----- [b]Phase One[/b] Failed Recruits: 1 Treasure earned: 9754 [i]We're still laying low in the Zephyr Steppes, and we're still short on crew, so we've been poking around near a few clans. Chico got in a long conversation 'bout sailing with [emoji=tundra size=1] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59326222]Jarna[/url] - apparently, she's wanted to sail all her life! She don't have much experience with piracy, but I won't say no to having a cabindrake aboard.[/i] ----- [b]Phase Two[/b] Event: Take a gamble. Questers: Cilantro and Jarna Outcome: Tails Exalted: Jarna Treasure earned: 9625 [i]To try 'n show her the ropes, I took her with me to pilfer some stuff from the next settlement we passed over. Turns out the building I picked was a highly guarded temple, so it got a little hot in there. I got out with what I wanted, but not with her. Oh well, she wasn't cut out for this life anyways.[/i]
Captain's Log - Day 2

Phase One
Failed Recruits: 1
Treasure earned: 9754

We're still laying low in the Zephyr Steppes, and we're still short on crew, so we've been poking around near a few clans. Chico got in a long conversation 'bout sailing with Jarna - apparently, she's wanted to sail all her life! She don't have much experience with piracy, but I won't say no to having a cabindrake aboard.

Phase Two
Event: Take a gamble.
Questers: Cilantro and Jarna
Outcome: Tails
Exalted: Jarna
Treasure earned: 9625

To try 'n show her the ropes, I took her with me to pilfer some stuff from the next settlement we passed over. Turns out the building I picked was a highly guarded temple, so it got a little hot in there. I got out with what I wanted, but not with her. Oh well, she wasn't cut out for this life anyways.
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
Can you add me to your pinglist please?
Can you add me to your pinglist please?
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png