Quests & Challenges
Quests, Challenges, and Festival games
TOPIC | Cracked Stone 100-H (PWYW Lore Babs)
1 2
The Cracked Stone Project

Strange dragons have begun appearing across Sornieth. Hailing from parts unknown, the energies of their homeland follow in their wake. Some use violence, some twisted magics, and some false friendship, but they all pursue one goal with bizarre co-ordination, to turn Sornieth into a nightmarish world like their own.

Welcome! This project is one part 100-hatchling challenge, one part lineage project, and one part lore-writing challenge. I'll be breeding my patriarch, Quartz, until I reach 100 hatchlings, writing lore for each hatchling, and putting them up for sale/adoption here. I'll get into more detail on the lore theme below, but broadly speaking, these hatchlings are chaotic energy hidden within a draconic shell, and beholden to the family mission to spread that energy across Sornieth.

Rules:
1) Hatchlings are PWYW, treasure or gems. This includes free, if you want. Per the rules of the 100-hatchling challenge, though, anything you do pay goes towards genes for my patriarch, so donations are appreciated.
2) Also per the 100-hatchling challenge, I want to try and find permanent homes for all these kids. Because of this, I'd like to request that you don't take any dragons you don't plan to hold on to, and that you consider re-homing them if you don't want them any more.
3) This project doesn't require you to breed any hatchlings you keep, but if you choose to, please keep the lineage going by copying the challenge link into the new hatchling's bios. If you want to show/sell them in this thread, you're welcome to.
4) Extra lore involvement is always welcome. Want to show off how you've dressed/gened your dragons. Great! Want to share status reports from your little agents of chaos? Fantastic! Let's see how far this little family's corruption can spread!
The Cracked Stone Project

Strange dragons have begun appearing across Sornieth. Hailing from parts unknown, the energies of their homeland follow in their wake. Some use violence, some twisted magics, and some false friendship, but they all pursue one goal with bizarre co-ordination, to turn Sornieth into a nightmarish world like their own.

Welcome! This project is one part 100-hatchling challenge, one part lineage project, and one part lore-writing challenge. I'll be breeding my patriarch, Quartz, until I reach 100 hatchlings, writing lore for each hatchling, and putting them up for sale/adoption here. I'll get into more detail on the lore theme below, but broadly speaking, these hatchlings are chaotic energy hidden within a draconic shell, and beholden to the family mission to spread that energy across Sornieth.

Rules:
1) Hatchlings are PWYW, treasure or gems. This includes free, if you want. Per the rules of the 100-hatchling challenge, though, anything you do pay goes towards genes for my patriarch, so donations are appreciated.
2) Also per the 100-hatchling challenge, I want to try and find permanent homes for all these kids. Because of this, I'd like to request that you don't take any dragons you don't plan to hold on to, and that you consider re-homing them if you don't want them any more.
3) This project doesn't require you to breed any hatchlings you keep, but if you choose to, please keep the lineage going by copying the challenge link into the new hatchling's bios. If you want to show/sell them in this thread, you're welcome to.
4) Extra lore involvement is always welcome. Want to show off how you've dressed/gened your dragons. Great! Want to share status reports from your little agents of chaos? Fantastic! Let's see how far this little family's corruption can spread!
[center][size=6]The Homeland[/size][/center] Sornieth is only one of many worlds, inaccessible to each other except through the [b]Aether[/b]. The Aether is an interstitial space between worlds, a sea of mists through which navigation is all but impossible. In the near regions, it is more of a spirit world than anything, dotted with "islands" of solid terrain and populated by spirits with simple, largely benevolent goals. So long as you follow the rules of wherever you find yourself, you can most likely avoid any serious harm. In the further regions, commonly called the Abyss, any semblence of reason begins to break down. The worlds become bizarre and hostile, and are few and short-lived as the churning sea of the Abyss constantly threatens to consume them. These far shore's inhabitants, the leviathans, are powerful, strange, and cruel, not hesitating to crush any dragon who interferes with their enigmatic goals. Naturally, it is in these tormented regions that the Cracked Stone dragons are born. They call their home The Garden, a monochromatic, silent place, built strong enough to withstand the force of the Abyss, but small enough to skirt the attention of the spirit residents. Cracked Stone dragons serve as conduits for the twisting, lashing energy of the Abyss, their very presence in a world leaving it in their wake. [center][size=6]The Father[/size][/center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40509481] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/405095/40509481_350.png[/img] [/url] The Aether goes through cycles, sometimes drawing close to Sornieth, sometimes withdrawing. The last time it was close, thousands of years ago, the Arcanist sent a team of dragons to investigate it. But the shifting tides of the Aether make entering much easier than leaving. Unable to escape, most of the team died. But two survived. One kept to the near Aether, and went on to found a clan as a sanctuary for other lost souls. The other, a nature-aligned Fae named Quartz, chose to explore the depths of the Abyss. Surviving in a place like that changes you. Over the centuries, Quartz became less like a a living creature, and more like the Abyss itself. Warped, brutal, a vicious, dragon-shaped force. He wandered, thinking of nothing but survival and blood, for centuries, until he felt something shift. The Aether had once more drawn close to his former home. A higher goal made itself clear to him. Why should dragonkind be secure in their solid worlds when that had been denied to him? Why should they remain weak? Dragging the world down into the Aether was a greater feat than he could accomplish alone. He would need supporters. And their was only one group he could trust to carry out his will. His children, being born from him, carried a part of his nature that he could use to control them. They were the only ones who could never defy him. That, then, was his new purpose. To found a family through which he could render Sornieth down into primordial chaos. [center][size=6]The Children[/size][/center] Quartz's children exist for one purpose, to further their father's dream of pulling Sornieth down into the Aether. That said, they're given a lot of leeway with how they go about this. They're trained in The Garden until they reach adulthood, and then sent to Sornieth to pursue the family mission however they see fit. Most spend their time weakening Sornieth's ability to fight back. Some accomplish this through wanton slaughter, others prefer to embed themselves into a clan and sow dissent. Others focus on directly spreading the Abyss's influence, weakening the walls between Sornieth and the Aether, or creating pockets of chaos within Sornieth. For all their differences, though, the children of the Cracked Stone bloodline have a few things in common. The first is a magically programmed connection and loyalty to their father. Through this connection, Quartz can see through his offspring's senses, and issue them commands they can't refuse. While he rarely issues direct commands to his children, his ability to do so keeps most of his children from trying to rebel against him, and those that do try aren't very successful. The second commonality Cracked Stone dragons have is the ability to spread the Abyss. Even more so than their father, they are made of it's chaotic magic, barely contained in a draconic shell. But that shell has cracks, and the Abyss's magic seeps out wherever they go. How this magic manifests varies from individual to individual, and might be as subtle as creating fear and nearby dragons, or as direct as causing local breakdowns in the laws of physics. They cannot turn off these effects, but they can choose to deliberately channel the Abyss to turn a whole area around them into a nightmare world.
The Homeland
Sornieth is only one of many worlds, inaccessible to each other except through the Aether. The Aether is an interstitial space between worlds, a sea of mists through which navigation is all but impossible. In the near regions, it is more of a spirit world than anything, dotted with "islands" of solid terrain and populated by spirits with simple, largely benevolent goals. So long as you follow the rules of wherever you find yourself, you can most likely avoid any serious harm.

In the further regions, commonly called the Abyss, any semblence of reason begins to break down. The worlds become bizarre and hostile, and are few and short-lived as the churning sea of the Abyss constantly threatens to consume them. These far shore's inhabitants, the leviathans, are powerful, strange, and cruel, not hesitating to crush any dragon who interferes with their enigmatic goals.

Naturally, it is in these tormented regions that the Cracked Stone dragons are born. They call their home The Garden, a monochromatic, silent place, built strong enough to withstand the force of the Abyss, but small enough to skirt the attention of the spirit residents. Cracked Stone dragons serve as conduits for the twisting, lashing energy of the Abyss, their very presence in a world leaving it in their wake.
The Father

40509481_350.png

The Aether goes through cycles, sometimes drawing close to Sornieth, sometimes withdrawing. The last time it was close, thousands of years ago, the Arcanist sent a team of dragons to investigate it. But the shifting tides of the Aether make entering much easier than leaving. Unable to escape, most of the team died. But two survived. One kept to the near Aether, and went on to found a clan as a sanctuary for other lost souls. The other, a nature-aligned Fae named Quartz, chose to explore the depths of the Abyss.

Surviving in a place like that changes you. Over the centuries, Quartz became less like a a living creature, and more like the Abyss itself. Warped, brutal, a vicious, dragon-shaped force. He wandered, thinking of nothing but survival and blood, for centuries, until he felt something shift. The Aether had once more drawn close to his former home. A higher goal made itself clear to him. Why should dragonkind be secure in their solid worlds when that had been denied to him? Why should they remain weak?

Dragging the world down into the Aether was a greater feat than he could accomplish alone. He would need supporters. And their was only one group he could trust to carry out his will. His children, being born from him, carried a part of his nature that he could use to control them. They were the only ones who could never defy him. That, then, was his new purpose. To found a family through which he could render Sornieth down into primordial chaos.
The Children
Quartz's children exist for one purpose, to further their father's dream of pulling Sornieth down into the Aether. That said, they're given a lot of leeway with how they go about this. They're trained in The Garden until they reach adulthood, and then sent to Sornieth to pursue the family mission however they see fit. Most spend their time weakening Sornieth's ability to fight back. Some accomplish this through wanton slaughter, others prefer to embed themselves into a clan and sow dissent. Others focus on directly spreading the Abyss's influence, weakening the walls between Sornieth and the Aether, or creating pockets of chaos within Sornieth.

For all their differences, though, the children of the Cracked Stone bloodline have a few things in common. The first is a magically programmed connection and loyalty to their father. Through this connection, Quartz can see through his offspring's senses, and issue them commands they can't refuse. While he rarely issues direct commands to his children, his ability to do so keeps most of his children from trying to rebel against him, and those that do try aren't very successful.

The second commonality Cracked Stone dragons have is the ability to spread the Abyss. Even more so than their father, they are made of it's chaotic magic, barely contained in a draconic shell. But that shell has cracks, and the Abyss's magic seeps out wherever they go. How this magic manifests varies from individual to individual, and might be as subtle as creating fear and nearby dragons, or as direct as causing local breakdowns in the laws of physics. They cannot turn off these effects, but they can choose to deliberately channel the Abyss to turn a whole area around them into a nightmare world.
[center][size=6]Currently Available Hatchlings[/size][/center] Coming soon! [center][size=6]Cracked Stone Dragons[/size][/center] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58687597] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/586876/58687597.png[/img][/url][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58687598][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/586876/58687598.png[/img] [/url]
Currently Available Hatchlings
Coming soon!
Cracked Stone Dragons

58687597.png
58687598.png
[center][size=5]Side-note: the Julia line[/size][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41137224][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/411373/41137224_350.png[/img][/url] Quartz actually has 2 hatchlings already, part of another ongoing project of mine, breeding from triple-basic to silver XXX triple gem gene rare breed. Lore-wise, his first daughter, Julia, was prophesied to have a descendant of unrivaled magical power. Quartz was naturally interested in such power for his plans, but Julia entrusted a dryad named Alya with her hatchlings, and she took them beyond Quartz's reach. Since then, Alya's been guiding the most promising hatchling from each generation in the hopes of fulfilling the prophecy. Julia and her sister (no surviving descendants) won't count towards Quartz's hundred hatchlings, but their lineages are technically Cracked Stone dragons. I won't be posting new hatchlings from the Julia line here, but if you're interested in one, feel free to let me know. Current Julia descendant: Alicia [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58373178] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583732/58373178_350.png[/img] [/url]
Side-note: the Julia line
41137224_350.png
Quartz actually has 2 hatchlings already, part of another ongoing project of mine, breeding from triple-basic to silver XXX triple gem gene rare breed. Lore-wise, his first daughter, Julia, was prophesied to have a descendant of unrivaled magical power. Quartz was naturally interested in such power for his plans, but Julia entrusted a dryad named Alya with her hatchlings, and she took them beyond Quartz's reach. Since then, Alya's been guiding the most promising hatchling from each generation in the hopes of fulfilling the prophecy.

Julia and her sister (no surviving descendants) won't count towards Quartz's hundred hatchlings, but their lineages are technically Cracked Stone dragons. I won't be posting new hatchlings from the Julia line here, but if you're interested in one, feel free to let me know.

Current Julia descendant: Alicia

58373178_350.png
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
I think that's everything! One thing I'm interested in hearing are gene ideas for Quartz. Here's one I like the look of: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=25&breed=1&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=17&winggene=12&wings=177&auth=00e865a7f4b832cd5a848d33d72e0bf7a05105e3&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I think that's everything! One thing I'm interested in hearing are gene ideas for Quartz. Here's one I like the look of:
dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=25&breed=1&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=17&winggene=12&wings=177&auth=00e865a7f4b832cd5a848d33d72e0bf7a05105e3&dummyext=prev.png
Nest #1, Hatchlings 1 and 2 Mate: Ledian [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57096517] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/570966/57096517_350.png[/img] [/url] Hatchling #1: Dustfall [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58687597] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/586876/58687597_350.png[/img] [/url] Hatchling #2: Ripley [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58687598] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/586876/58687598_350.png[/img] [/url]
Nest #1, Hatchlings 1 and 2

Mate: Ledian

57096517_350.png

Hatchling #1: Dustfall

58687597_350.png

Hatchling #2: Ripley

58687598_350.png
@Silver202

I'd love a hatchling from the first nest!!!!! Also, I'd love to be added to the pinglist.
@Silver202

I'd love a hatchling from the first nest!!!!! Also, I'd love to be added to the pinglist.
.........5IGRGB0.png Dragons for SaleCrystalwood's Lore Shop [OPEN]Clan Lore Forum 5IGRGB0.png

Crystalwood ~ she/her~ bi ~ FR+0
@Silver202 I love your lore! Would you please add me to the pinglist?
@Silver202 I love your lore! Would you please add me to the pinglist?
qd7QmLu.png

the shatterglass sanctum
she/her or they/them | 27

dragons for sale || lorebook
1 2