Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Woven by Fate
1 2
[center][size=5][color=black]~Woven by Fate~[/color][/size] A Pinkerlocke[/center] [center]Oh boy, it's my fourth pinkerlocke! Will this one actually go anywhere this time? Only one way to find out! [b]Any support is appreciated! It really gives me motivation to keep going![/b] * A group of three young dragons find each other in Arcane territory, brought together by the ever fickle Fate. What is Fate’s plan for them? Only She knows. All we can do is watch her magic unfold, and hope our young heroes can make it through this.[/center] [center]* [quote=Directory][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2810757/1#post_41990905]Rules[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2810757/1#post_41990910]Characters[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2810757/1#post_41990912]Days[/url][/quote][/center] [center]* [quote=Pinglist][/quote][/center]
~Woven by Fate~
A Pinkerlocke
Oh boy, it's my fourth pinkerlocke! Will this one actually go anywhere this time? Only one way to find out!

Any support is appreciated! It really gives me motivation to keep going!

A group of three young dragons find each other in Arcane territory, brought together by the ever fickle Fate. What is Fate’s plan for them? Only She knows. All we can do is watch her magic unfold, and hope our young heroes can make it through this.
Directory wrote:
Pinglist wrote:
oaONRiZ.png Void | XmHV7tO.png | PobckJN.png | bYt72YT.png
Rules
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted.*
  • All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!
  • Food: Coliseum time! For this challenge, the team will be randomized each time, and I will choose the venue one tier lower than the highest level on the team
    Plants: 10-20 matches
    Insects: 20-30 matches
    Seafood: 30-40 matched
    Meat: 40-50 matches
  • Trinket: It’s time for some lore! I will always do this, unless I’m suffering from writer’s block.
  • Material: I may or may not do some art, we’ll see Roll for an effect from a different pull item
    1. Food [Also roll for food type]
    2. Trinket
    3. Familiar
    4. Apparel
    5. Battle Item
  • Familiar: Roll the randomizer for breed and element, and pick out a cheap dragon from the AH!
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Gaoler
16. Banescale

1.Earth
2. Fire
3. Wind
4. Water
5. Lightning
6. Ice
7. Light
8. Shadow
9. Nature
10. Plague
11. Arcane
  • Apparel: As long as it makes sense in lore, and the dragons aren’t on their breeding cooldown, you bet I’m breeding them! Otherwise, I will be saving the breeding until the proper time. If no one can breed, I will select the very first dragon on the AH, regardless of breed or element.
  • When the eggs hatch, I will flip a coin, heads if they live and tails if they die. The exception to this is if they have special eyes.
  • Battle Items: I flip a coin. If tails, nothing happens, but if it’s heads, that means a death streak!
  • Three dragons will be randomly selected, and the venue will match that of the highest dragons level. They will go for 10 rounds. If, however, a dragon dies before the 10th round, once the round they died on is complete, the death streak is over.

Extra Rules
  • *Once a month, Fate can allow a dragon that fainted in the coliseum to live. After this, Fate may return to said dragon and ask them to do something for her. And it’s hard to say no to the person who saved your life.
  • I will be using this thread as a guide for each dragon’s magic.
  • Sometimes I’ll follow lore, other times not.
  • Even if I don’t pull a trinket, I will probably write at least something. Blame the writer in me.
  • Every dragon upon arrival or hatching will get a theme song, which will randomly be selected from my Spotify playlist.
Rules
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted.*
  • All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
  • There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!
  • Food: Coliseum time! For this challenge, the team will be randomized each time, and I will choose the venue one tier lower than the highest level on the team
    Plants: 10-20 matches
    Insects: 20-30 matches
    Seafood: 30-40 matched
    Meat: 40-50 matches
  • Trinket: It’s time for some lore! I will always do this, unless I’m suffering from writer’s block.
  • Material: I may or may not do some art, we’ll see Roll for an effect from a different pull item
    1. Food [Also roll for food type]
    2. Trinket
    3. Familiar
    4. Apparel
    5. Battle Item
  • Familiar: Roll the randomizer for breed and element, and pick out a cheap dragon from the AH!
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Gaoler
16. Banescale

1.Earth
2. Fire
3. Wind
4. Water
5. Lightning
6. Ice
7. Light
8. Shadow
9. Nature
10. Plague
11. Arcane
  • Apparel: As long as it makes sense in lore, and the dragons aren’t on their breeding cooldown, you bet I’m breeding them! Otherwise, I will be saving the breeding until the proper time. If no one can breed, I will select the very first dragon on the AH, regardless of breed or element.
  • When the eggs hatch, I will flip a coin, heads if they live and tails if they die. The exception to this is if they have special eyes.
  • Battle Items: I flip a coin. If tails, nothing happens, but if it’s heads, that means a death streak!
  • Three dragons will be randomly selected, and the venue will match that of the highest dragons level. They will go for 10 rounds. If, however, a dragon dies before the 10th round, once the round they died on is complete, the death streak is over.

Extra Rules
  • *Once a month, Fate can allow a dragon that fainted in the coliseum to live. After this, Fate may return to said dragon and ask them to do something for her. And it’s hard to say no to the person who saved your life.
  • I will be using this thread as a guide for each dragon’s magic.
  • Sometimes I’ll follow lore, other times not.
  • Even if I don’t pull a trinket, I will probably write at least something. Blame the writer in me.
  • Every dragon upon arrival or hatching will get a theme song, which will randomly be selected from my Spotify playlist.
[b]Pinkerlocke Characters[/b] Characters who are actively participating in the Pinkerlocke [left][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/583795/58379468.png[/img][/left][right][i]Maenad Female Banescale[/i][/right] [left][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/583598/58359722.png[/img][/left][right][i]Halcyon Male Guardian[/i][/right] [left][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/581970/58196903.png[/img][/left] [right][i]Pallis Male Fae[/i][/right] [b]NPCs[/b] Character who are not in the pinkerlocke, but are still there [left][item=Rusty Golem][/left][right] [i]Copper Maenad's familiar[/i][/right] [left][item=Fenfisher Flattail][/left] [right][i]Malarmo Halcyon's familiar[/i][/right]
Pinkerlocke Characters
Characters who are actively participating in the Pinkerlocke

58379468.png
Maenad
Female
Banescale
58359722.png
Halcyon
Male
Guardian
58196903.png
Pallis
Male
Fae

NPCs
Character who are not in the pinkerlocke, but are still there
Rusty Golem
Copper
Maenad's familiar
Fenfisher Flattail
Malarmo
Halcyon's familiar
[quote=Days] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2810757/1#post_41992132]Day One[/url][/quote]
Days wrote:
reserved
reserved
reserved
reserved
[center][b]Day One[/b] [item=Sharpened Scythe] * [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58379468] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583795/58379468_350.png[/img] [/url] Maenad took in a long, deep breath of the salty air. She had been on the boat for several days now, but the delicious taste of the air never seemed to change. She adored it, far more than she had ever cared for the dry, crackling desert that was the Lightning Farm. It may have cost every piece of treasure she had, but this journey to Arcane was worth it. Her familiar, Copper, nickered at her, and she turned around to see a Guardian approaching her, his own familiar perched on his back. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58359722] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583598/58359722_350.png[/img] [/url] “Still enjoy the smell of the sea?” Halcyon asked, slightly amused. Maenad just grinned at her friend however. They may have just met a few days ago, but the Banescale already considered him her best friend. “Yup! I don’t know how I’ve lived so long without it.” The pink dragon answered cheerfully. “Yeah, I could never live anywhere that was connected to the ocean.” Halcyon agreed. However, the Guardian seemed antsy, always glancing this way and that. “What’s wrong? You acting like you’re covered in bees.” Maenad inquired. Halcyon hesitated for a moment before answering. “You know that thing I told you about? The Search?” “Uh, yeah? What about it?” “I can feel my Charge. They’re here, on this ship. I’ve searched all over the ship, but I can’t find them anywhere.” Halcyon’s wings dropped, and he looked miserable. “Maybe I could help you find them?” Maenad offered, but Halcyon just shook his head. “No, it’s-” He stopped suddenly, straightening. He whipped around, looking across the deck desperately. “What? What is it?” Maenad asked, glancing around as well, but she couldn’t see anything particularly interesting. “It’s my Charge. They’re on the deck with us.” * [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58196903] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581970/58196903_350.png[/img] [/url] Pallis, after skipping sleep for two days to get onto this boat, was hoping he could just sleep through the whole journey. This was not the case however. No matter how he tossed and turned in his small bunk, he could not sleep. Sure, he had slept through the entire first day on the boat, and was technically all caught up on sleep, but couldn’t he just have another hour or two? Huffing, the Fae tumbled out of bed, readjusting his clothes. Well, if he couldn’t sleep, he might as well grab some food. It was only after he had made his way through several hallways and was nearly on the deck when Pallis realized he had no idea where they served food. Maybe paying for room service hadn’t been such a great idea. The deck was close by, so Pallis figured he might as well check there first. Who knows, he might just be able to snag an insect straight out of the air. The Fae made his way outside, and was immediately hit with the overwhelming scent of salt. He had never been a big fan of the ocean. He couldn’t have been up there for more than ten seconds, however, before he nearly got run over by a Guardian, a Banescale hot on the big blue buffon’s tail. Muttering something distasteful to himself, Pallis was just about to move on when he suddenly felt a large presence looming over him. Looking up, it was the Guardian, looking at him like how a hatchling looks at something new. “Yes?” Pallis asked, already significantly annoyed. “It’s you.” The Guardian muttered, while the Banescale from earlier peered at Pallis curiously. What was the brute talking abo- [i]Oh.[/i] [i]Oh no.[/i] The sudden realization hit Pallis like a ton of bricks. Despite his efforts, he couldn't fumble something out of his useless mouth. “This is your Charge?” The Banescale asked, peering down at Pallis. “Yeah. He is.” The Guardian answered, sounding elated. “Uhhh.” Pallis finally managed to speak. This seemed to break the Guardian out of his daze. “Oh, I’m so sorry! My name’s Halcyon, and this is my friend Maenad.” He gestured over to the Banescale, who gave a friendly wave. “And, uh, you’re my charge.” “I guess I am.” Pallis answered, still shocked. Of all the dragons to run into. “You can call me Pallis.” There was an awkward silence. Pallis didn’t know what to say, Halcyon didn’t seem to know either, and Maenad was just glancing between the two of them, clearing waiting for one of them to make the first move. “So…” Pallis started. “Do you guys know where they serve the food around here?” * One good meal and a couple of hours later, the newly made trio found themselves on the docks on a town in the Starwood Strand. Pallis didn’t know what he was expecting when he decided to come here, but it definitely wasn’t this. Maybe he would become a mysterious hermit in the woods, or a slightly shady mercenary. Friendship, however, was not the first thing he thought he would encounter. He wasn’t sure if this was a good or bad thing. He had come to get away from dragons, not instantly get attached to two. It was too late to shake them now. Pallis just hoped he wouldn’t mess it all up again.[/center] [center]*[/center] [center]It begins! You can find everyone's theme song in their bios. Funnily enough, all of them involve Brendon Urie. Does that mean anything? Probably not. I'm going to count it as a sign of good luck though.[/center]
Day One
Sharpened Scythe

58379468_350.png

Maenad took in a long, deep breath of the salty air. She had been on the boat for several days now, but the delicious taste of the air never seemed to change. She adored it, far more than she had ever cared for the dry, crackling desert that was the Lightning Farm. It may have cost every piece of treasure she had, but this journey to Arcane was worth it.

Her familiar, Copper, nickered at her, and she turned around to see a Guardian approaching her, his own familiar perched on his back.

58359722_350.png

“Still enjoy the smell of the sea?” Halcyon asked, slightly amused. Maenad just grinned at her friend however. They may have just met a few days ago, but the Banescale already considered him her best friend.

“Yup! I don’t know how I’ve lived so long without it.” The pink dragon answered cheerfully.

“Yeah, I could never live anywhere that was connected to the ocean.” Halcyon agreed. However, the Guardian seemed antsy, always glancing this way and that.

“What’s wrong? You acting like you’re covered in bees.” Maenad inquired. Halcyon hesitated for a moment before answering.

“You know that thing I told you about? The Search?”

“Uh, yeah? What about it?”

“I can feel my Charge. They’re here, on this ship. I’ve searched all over the ship, but I can’t find them anywhere.” Halcyon’s wings dropped, and he looked miserable.

“Maybe I could help you find them?” Maenad offered, but Halcyon just shook his head.

“No, it’s-” He stopped suddenly, straightening. He whipped around, looking across the deck desperately.

“What? What is it?” Maenad asked, glancing around as well, but she couldn’t see anything particularly interesting.

“It’s my Charge. They’re on the deck with us.”

58196903_350.png

Pallis, after skipping sleep for two days to get onto this boat, was hoping he could just sleep through the whole journey. This was not the case however. No matter how he tossed and turned in his small bunk, he could not sleep. Sure, he had slept through the entire first day on the boat, and was technically all caught up on sleep, but couldn’t he just have another hour or two?

Huffing, the Fae tumbled out of bed, readjusting his clothes. Well, if he couldn’t sleep, he might as well grab some food. It was only after he had made his way through several hallways and was nearly on the deck when Pallis realized he had no idea where they served food. Maybe paying for room service hadn’t been such a great idea.

The deck was close by, so Pallis figured he might as well check there first. Who knows, he might just be able to snag an insect straight out of the air.

The Fae made his way outside, and was immediately hit with the overwhelming scent of salt. He had never been a big fan of the ocean.

He couldn’t have been up there for more than ten seconds, however, before he nearly got run over by a Guardian, a Banescale hot on the big blue buffon’s tail. Muttering something distasteful to himself, Pallis was just about to move on when he suddenly felt a large presence looming over him. Looking up, it was the Guardian, looking at him like how a hatchling looks at something new.

“Yes?” Pallis asked, already significantly annoyed.

“It’s you.” The Guardian muttered, while the Banescale from earlier peered at Pallis curiously. What was the brute talking abo-

Oh.

Oh no.

The sudden realization hit Pallis like a ton of bricks. Despite his efforts, he couldn't fumble something out of his useless mouth.

“This is your Charge?” The Banescale asked, peering down at Pallis.

“Yeah. He is.” The Guardian answered, sounding elated.

“Uhhh.” Pallis finally managed to speak. This seemed to break the Guardian out of his daze.

“Oh, I’m so sorry! My name’s Halcyon, and this is my friend Maenad.” He gestured over to the Banescale, who gave a friendly wave. “And, uh, you’re my charge.”

“I guess I am.” Pallis answered, still shocked. Of all the dragons to run into. “You can call me Pallis.”

There was an awkward silence. Pallis didn’t know what to say, Halcyon didn’t seem to know either, and Maenad was just glancing between the two of them, clearing waiting for one of them to make the first move.

“So…” Pallis started. “Do you guys know where they serve the food around here?”

One good meal and a couple of hours later, the newly made trio found themselves on the docks on a town in the Starwood Strand.

Pallis didn’t know what he was expecting when he decided to come here, but it definitely wasn’t this. Maybe he would become a mysterious hermit in the woods, or a slightly shady mercenary. Friendship, however, was not the first thing he thought he would encounter.

He wasn’t sure if this was a good or bad thing. He had come to get away from dragons, not instantly get attached to two. It was too late to shake them now.

Pallis just hoped he wouldn’t mess it all up again.
It begins! You can find everyone's theme song in their bios. Funnily enough, all of them involve Brendon Urie. Does that mean anything? Probably not. I'm going to count it as a sign of good luck though.
[center][b]Day Two[/b] [item=Clay Fertility Statue] * [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58196903] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581970/58196903_350.png[/img] [/url] Pallis lifted his head up blearily as he awoke. For a moment he wasn’t sure where he was, until he recalled that he, Halcyon and Manead had agreed to live in the local inn until they could find an actual place to call home. They had considered moving into the woods like other young dragons who hoped to carve out their name in the history books, but they had decided against it. At a price of 1,000 treasure for two rooms for a week, the rooms were cheap but nice and, most importantly, affordable. The town may have been thriving, but it was still young and small, meaning things were cheaper than in an already established city. The group would have to take advantage of that while it lasted. Clawing his way out of his makeshift nest on the windowsill and throwing his mantle back on, Pallis glanced over at Halcyon. Despite the Guardian protesting to it, Pallis gave him the bed since there wasn’t anywhere else in the room for the large fellow to sleep. Halcyon wasn’t there, and for a moment Pallis panicked, but quickly calmed himself. The Guardian had probably woken up before him, since Pallis did tend to sleep in. Locking the door behind him, Pallis exited the room and headed downstairs into the lobby. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=477204&skin=0&apparel=6269,552,3284,23723,30027&xt=dressing.png[/img] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58359722] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583598/58359722_350.png[/img] [/url] The owner of the inn, a Coatl name Zara, was sitting behind the counter with her nose in a book. Halcyon was also there, seemingly waiting. When he saw Pallis, he perked up immediately. “You’re awake!” He said excitedly, making his way over to Pallis. “You didn’t have to wait for me. I would have been fine on my own.” “I can’t just leave my Charge alone!” Halcyon replied. Pallis had nearly forgotten about that whole thing. “If you insist. Do you know where Maenad is?” “She went to look around town. I was thinking about heading down to the docks and seeing if the fishing was good. That is, if you want to.” Pallis didn’t have any better ideas, especially if Maenad was checking everything else out. “Sure, let’s check it out.” * The docks were probably the least busy part of town. The boat that had brought Halcyon and Pallis there was already gone, leaving just a few, much smaller boats. A few dragons moved around here and there, moving around crates and other things. The water shimmered in the light of the sun, and though still not a big fan of water, Pallis had to admit it was pretty to look out. “This is perfect.” Halcyon said as he stared out at the water, sounding slightly wistful. “I can’t believe no one else has taken advantage of this yet.” “Taken advantage of what?” “This area is great for fishing!” The Guardian answered happily. “It’s not too crowded and the water is good. I wonder if-” Halcyon stopped, looking down at Pallis. “Do you mind holding my hat for a second?” “Uh, sure, but-” Before Pallis could finish, he was holding Halcyon’s beret and the Guardian was diving straight into the water. Pallis narrowly avoided being drenched, fluttering up onto a dock post like a seagull. He sat there awkwardly for a for a minute, not sure what to do, when Halcyon emerged from the water, somehow grinning even wider. “And there’s a reef!” He declared, pulling himself back onto the dock. “I just need a net o two and we’ll be drowning in fish.” “Huh. That’s really good news actually. I don’t think there’s many dragons selling fish here, or catching them for that matter. I’m guessing you know how to fish?” Pallis handed Halcyon his beret back as he asked the question. “Yup! My great-grandmother originally started the fishing business, and we’ve continued it ever since.” Halcyon answered, who didn’t seem to care that he was sopping wet. “Now, let’s go see if we can find some good nets!” * It's only day two and I already love my boys. Today was a material pull, so I'm going to edit this post later with some moodboards for the three.[/center]
Day Two
Clay Fertility Statue

58196903_350.png

Pallis lifted his head up blearily as he awoke. For a moment he wasn’t sure where he was, until he recalled that he, Halcyon and Manead had agreed to live in the local inn until they could find an actual place to call home. They had considered moving into the woods like other young dragons who hoped to carve out their name in the history books, but they had decided against it.

At a price of 1,000 treasure for two rooms for a week, the rooms were cheap but nice and, most importantly, affordable. The town may have been thriving, but it was still young and small, meaning things were cheaper than in an already established city. The group would have to take advantage of that while it lasted.

Clawing his way out of his makeshift nest on the windowsill and throwing his mantle back on, Pallis glanced over at Halcyon. Despite the Guardian protesting to it, Pallis gave him the bed since there wasn’t anywhere else in the room for the large fellow to sleep.

Halcyon wasn’t there, and for a moment Pallis panicked, but quickly calmed himself. The Guardian had probably woken up before him, since Pallis did tend to sleep in.

Locking the door behind him, Pallis exited the room and headed downstairs into the lobby.

scry?sdid=477204&skin=0&apparel=6269,552,3284,23723,30027&xt=dressing.png

58359722_350.png

The owner of the inn, a Coatl name Zara, was sitting behind the counter with her nose in a book. Halcyon was also there, seemingly waiting. When he saw Pallis, he perked up immediately.

“You’re awake!” He said excitedly, making his way over to Pallis.

“You didn’t have to wait for me. I would have been fine on my own.”

“I can’t just leave my Charge alone!” Halcyon replied. Pallis had nearly forgotten about that whole thing.

“If you insist. Do you know where Maenad is?”

“She went to look around town. I was thinking about heading down to the docks and seeing if the fishing was good. That is, if you want to.” Pallis didn’t have any better ideas, especially if Maenad was checking everything else out.

“Sure, let’s check it out.”

The docks were probably the least busy part of town. The boat that had brought Halcyon and Pallis there was already gone, leaving just a few, much smaller boats. A few dragons moved around here and there, moving around crates and other things.

The water shimmered in the light of the sun, and though still not a big fan of water, Pallis had to admit it was pretty to look out.

“This is perfect.” Halcyon said as he stared out at the water, sounding slightly wistful. “I can’t believe no one else has taken advantage of this yet.”

“Taken advantage of what?”

“This area is great for fishing!” The Guardian answered happily. “It’s not too crowded and the water is good. I wonder if-” Halcyon stopped, looking down at Pallis. “Do you mind holding my hat for a second?”

“Uh, sure, but-” Before Pallis could finish, he was holding Halcyon’s beret and the Guardian was diving straight into the water. Pallis narrowly avoided being drenched, fluttering up onto a dock post like a seagull. He sat there awkwardly for a for a minute, not sure what to do, when Halcyon emerged from the water, somehow grinning even wider.

“And there’s a reef!” He declared, pulling himself back onto the dock. “I just need a net o two and we’ll be drowning in fish.”

“Huh. That’s really good news actually. I don’t think there’s many dragons selling fish here, or catching them for that matter. I’m guessing you know how to fish?” Pallis handed Halcyon his beret back as he asked the question.

“Yup! My great-grandmother originally started the fishing business, and we’ve continued it ever since.” Halcyon answered, who didn’t seem to care that he was sopping wet. “Now, let’s go see if we can find some good nets!”

It's only day two and I already love my boys. Today was a material pull, so I'm going to edit this post later with some moodboards for the three.
[center][b]Day Three[/b] [item=Half-Moon Spectacles] * [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58379468] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583795/58379468_350.png[/img] [/url] Halcyon wanted to spend the day fishing, and since Pallis was his charge the Fae went with him, leaving Maenad all alone for the entire day. Yesterday the Banescale had been somewhat overwhelmed by the marketplace, color stands thrown together in an hour or so, and the many things be constructed all around, from small, cozy homes to the grand and large building that would eventually become the Auction House, and where all those in the market would move when it was finally completed. Maenad wasn’t used to the chaos of it, and she loved it. Today, however, she had to focus and not get lost in it all like a hatchling. If growing up in the Lightning Farm had taught her anything useful, it was how to follow a schedule. While her own list may not have been in the perfect handwriting that she had grown accustomed to over her time as a worker, Maenad could still follow it. Holding the piece of paper she had scratched the list on close to her chest along with the bag of money that Pallis was letting her use, Maenad headed out into town. * The first thing to do was to scout out a place for them to build a permanent home. From what Maenad had observed so far, there seemed to be no official business for claiming land. Dragons would just mark out their land, and unless someone wanted to argue over it, that was that. Maenad was able to quickly find someone who was selling a good amount of cloth for cheap, and after spending some time gathering up some sticks from the edge of the woods, Maenad was ready to stake out some land. While she had never specifically been the one who would do the math and figure out the size of things for jobs, she would never be able to forget the horrible lessons in which she had to learn those things. Perhaps that was why they were so horrid; so that when she grew up she could recall it. After thinking about it for half and hour, Maenad finally settled on the size of her claim. There was only the three of them, but they might have hatchlings in the future. And the other two might want to live separately. And one someone established a tax system, they might need more dragons to help pay for it. And- Maenad was definitely overthinking it, a problem that her teachers had never been able to work out of her, but she did finally settle on a chunk of land that she considered sufficient. Sure, it was probably much more than they would ever need, and she did get a couple of looks from some other dragons claiming their own land, but better safe than sorry. By now it was past Maenad’s usual lunch break. She was slightly disappointed for a moment that she had missed out on a meal, and then she remembered that since she was no longer a worker, she could eat whenever she felt like it and as long as she wanted to. The thought made the Banescale grin. Heading back into the market, she picked up a delicious looking piece of meat, and enjoyed a lovely lunch in the grassy area in between town and the forest. She always preferred real meat of the solvent the company usually served their workers. Now that she had nothing left on her checklist, Manead decided to check up on how Halcyon and Pallis were doing. Making her way down to the docks, the two were easy to spot. Halcyon was sopping wet, holding a net filled with wiggling fish, and Pallis seemed to be taking stock of their catch, counting the fish and then scribbling it down on some parchment. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58359722] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583598/58359722_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58196903] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581970/58196903_350.png[/img] [/url] “Hey guys!” Maenad called cheerfully. “How’s it going?” “Great.” Pallis answered, looking up from the parchment. “We’ve got a load of fish that we can sell in the market.” “I’m worried about the local Maren though.” Halcyon commented. “I’ve only seen them in the distance so far, and I don’t know how they’ll react to us catching what they consider their fish. My family made deals with the Maren in the areas we fished, but I’m not sure if these ones will be willing to compromise.” “Don’t worry, I’m sure it will be fine.” Pallis reassured the Guardian. “They surely won’t take on a whole town over fish.” Halcyon still seemed nervous. “I don’t know. I’ve heard stories of entire clans being wiped out by Maren because the Maren wanted to area just to themselves.” “Well, if the worst happens, we have Maenad to take care of them.” “Yeah!” Maenad agreed, her spines crackling with a small amount of electricity. “You’re right.” Halcyon conceded, but his blue eyes still cast a worried look out at the water. “Come on, let’s go sell some fish!” Maenad declared, wanting Halcyon to stop worrying. Pallis nodded in agreement, “We should hurry, they’ll sell faster when they’re fresh.” Halcyon sighed a bit, his shoulders relaxing, and he smiled. “Alright then. Let’s go.” He hoisted the net of fish over his shoulder, and the trio set off into the market.[/center]
Day Three
Half-Moon Spectacles

58379468_350.png

Halcyon wanted to spend the day fishing, and since Pallis was his charge the Fae went with him, leaving Maenad all alone for the entire day.

Yesterday the Banescale had been somewhat overwhelmed by the marketplace, color stands thrown together in an hour or so, and the many things be constructed all around, from small, cozy homes to the grand and large building that would eventually become the Auction House, and where all those in the market would move when it was finally completed. Maenad wasn’t used to the chaos of it, and she loved it.

Today, however, she had to focus and not get lost in it all like a hatchling. If growing up in the Lightning Farm had taught her anything useful, it was how to follow a schedule. While her own list may not have been in the perfect handwriting that she had grown accustomed to over her time as a worker, Maenad could still follow it.

Holding the piece of paper she had scratched the list on close to her chest along with the bag of money that Pallis was letting her use, Maenad headed out into town.

The first thing to do was to scout out a place for them to build a permanent home. From what Maenad had observed so far, there seemed to be no official business for claiming land. Dragons would just mark out their land, and unless someone wanted to argue over it, that was that.

Maenad was able to quickly find someone who was selling a good amount of cloth for cheap, and after spending some time gathering up some sticks from the edge of the woods, Maenad was ready to stake out some land.

While she had never specifically been the one who would do the math and figure out the size of things for jobs, she would never be able to forget the horrible lessons in which she had to learn those things. Perhaps that was why they were so horrid; so that when she grew up she could recall it.

After thinking about it for half and hour, Maenad finally settled on the size of her claim. There was only the three of them, but they might have hatchlings in the future. And the other two might want to live separately. And one someone established a tax system, they might need more dragons to help pay for it. And-
Maenad was definitely overthinking it, a problem that her teachers had never been able to work out of her, but she did finally settle on a chunk of land that she considered sufficient. Sure, it was probably much more than they would ever need, and she did get a couple of looks from some other dragons claiming their own land, but better safe than sorry.

By now it was past Maenad’s usual lunch break. She was slightly disappointed for a moment that she had missed out on a meal, and then she remembered that since she was no longer a worker, she could eat whenever she felt like it and as long as she wanted to. The thought made the Banescale grin.

Heading back into the market, she picked up a delicious looking piece of meat, and enjoyed a lovely lunch in the grassy area in between town and the forest. She always preferred real meat of the solvent the company usually served their workers.

Now that she had nothing left on her checklist, Manead decided to check up on how Halcyon and Pallis were doing. Making her way down to the docks, the two were easy to spot. Halcyon was sopping wet, holding a net filled with wiggling fish, and Pallis seemed to be taking stock of their catch, counting the fish and then scribbling it down on some parchment.

58359722_350.png

58196903_350.png

“Hey guys!” Maenad called cheerfully. “How’s it going?”

“Great.” Pallis answered, looking up from the parchment. “We’ve got a load of fish that we can sell in the market.”

“I’m worried about the local Maren though.” Halcyon commented. “I’ve only seen them in the distance so far, and I don’t know how they’ll react to us catching what they consider their fish. My family made deals with the Maren in the areas we fished, but I’m not sure if these ones will be willing to compromise.”

“Don’t worry, I’m sure it will be fine.” Pallis reassured the Guardian. “They surely won’t take on a whole town over fish.”

Halcyon still seemed nervous. “I don’t know. I’ve heard stories of entire clans being wiped out by Maren because the Maren wanted to area just to themselves.”

“Well, if the worst happens, we have Maenad to take care of them.”

“Yeah!” Maenad agreed, her spines crackling with a small amount of electricity.

“You’re right.” Halcyon conceded, but his blue eyes still cast a worried look out at the water.

“Come on, let’s go sell some fish!” Maenad declared, wanting Halcyon to stop worrying.

Pallis nodded in agreement, “We should hurry, they’ll sell faster when they’re fresh.”

Halcyon sighed a bit, his shoulders relaxing, and he smiled. “Alright then. Let’s go.” He hoisted the net of fish over his shoulder, and the trio set off into the market.
[center][b]Day Four[/b] [item=Berserker] * [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58359722] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583598/58359722_350.png[/img] [/url] Halcyon was back out fishing, with Pallis waiting for him up at the docks, and Maenad sold the fish they hadn’t sold yesterday until he could bring fresher ones. The water was growing cooler now as the Crystalline Gala was approaching, but the fish were still out and swimming in the reef. Halcyon had just scooped up some more fish from a large school of Julii Corycats when he felt eyes on him. He whipped around, and was face to face with a Maren Scout. The scout tensed, and flames began to form in her palms, fearing dancing in her eyes. Slowly, as to not scare her any more, Halcyon backed away, trying to look as non-threatening as possible. The maren eyed him for a few moments longer before her flames died. Halcyon wasn’t sure what to do. All the maren he had encountered previously had been at least somewhat friendly, and had only heard stories of the destructive power of marens. Before he could make a decision however, the scout darted off and out of sight. Halcyon floated there for a few more moments, in case she game back. She didn’t though, so Halcyon returned to the docks. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58196903] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581970/58196903_350.png[/img] [/url] Perhaps it was something in his eyes, or the way he was holding himself, but Pallis instantly seemed to know something was wrong. “What is it?” He asked, fins twitching. “Nothing, just ran into a maren is all.” Pallis’ eyes widened, so Halcyon continued. “She didn’t do anything though. Just checked me out before swimming off. Definitely more scared of me then I was of her.” Pallis still seemed concerned, but didn’t say anything more about it. “Alright then, let’s meet up with Maenad.” * A bit shorter today, but thankfully, there wasn't much to right about. Despite Pinkerton's attempt, everyone lived, and made it to level three![/center]
Day Four
Berserker

58359722_350.png

Halcyon was back out fishing, with Pallis waiting for him up at the docks, and Maenad sold the fish they hadn’t sold yesterday until he could bring fresher ones.

The water was growing cooler now as the Crystalline Gala was approaching, but the fish were still out and swimming in the reef. Halcyon had just scooped up some more fish from a large school of Julii Corycats when he felt eyes on him. He whipped around, and was face to face with a Maren Scout.

The scout tensed, and flames began to form in her palms, fearing dancing in her eyes.

Slowly, as to not scare her any more, Halcyon backed away, trying to look as non-threatening as possible. The maren eyed him for a few moments longer before her flames died.

Halcyon wasn’t sure what to do. All the maren he had encountered previously had been at least somewhat friendly, and had only heard stories of the destructive power of marens.

Before he could make a decision however, the scout darted off and out of sight. Halcyon floated there for a few more moments, in case she game back. She didn’t though, so Halcyon returned to the docks.

58196903_350.png

Perhaps it was something in his eyes, or the way he was holding himself, but Pallis instantly seemed to know something was wrong.

“What is it?” He asked, fins twitching.

“Nothing, just ran into a maren is all.” Pallis’ eyes widened, so Halcyon continued. “She didn’t do anything though. Just checked me out before swimming off. Definitely more scared of me then I was of her.”

Pallis still seemed concerned, but didn’t say anything more about it. “Alright then, let’s meet up with Maenad.”

A bit shorter today, but thankfully, there wasn't much to right about. Despite Pinkerton's attempt, everyone lived, and made it to level three!
1 2