Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Fodderlocke: A Spicier Way to Level
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
@TheAwesoMew oh that's a good call re: the d4 and hunting! that could be a fun addition too ^^ that way it also gets a little more exciting, so you're not Just going for the same thing every time (easy mode: you choose, hard mode: you roll)

#19 makes more sense now! it's actually really entertaining LOL. i was worried at first it could spiral out of control, but i understand where you're going now!

and ty for fixing that wording! and again, thanks for sharing this with me; i think this is a really neat addition and flesh-out! i really love your ideas <3

may i ask what you thought of the health potion thing, btw? was that too obscure, or would that be a decent bonus attribute?
@TheAwesoMew oh that's a good call re: the d4 and hunting! that could be a fun addition too ^^ that way it also gets a little more exciting, so you're not Just going for the same thing every time (easy mode: you choose, hard mode: you roll)

#19 makes more sense now! it's actually really entertaining LOL. i was worried at first it could spiral out of control, but i understand where you're going now!

and ty for fixing that wording! and again, thanks for sharing this with me; i think this is a really neat addition and flesh-out! i really love your ideas <3

may i ask what you thought of the health potion thing, btw? was that too obscure, or would that be a decent bonus attribute?
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
@Alphazi

Oh, I'm really happy you like the d4 hunting method! And the easy mode vs. hard mode option is an awesome addition :o

And I'm really glad I could help out with making things more clear; I cobbled the list together super fast so I was worried about things not making sense. Thank you for sort-of "proofreading" the whole thing!

As for the potion/poisoning idea, I really like it! Again it's a really fun concept that could add more excitement (and more danger) to the 'locke. I think option one makes the most sense out of the two, as fodder leveling tends to use sap stones more than potions for healing; potion drops, on the other hand, are a random chance that could come into affect any time. Maybe an easy/hard mode could be implemented for the potions too, where easy mode would have you flip a coin to see if the dragon would be poisoned and hard mode would just have the poisoning instantly happen.

The only problem I would see with the rule would be that some folks don't really pay attention to drops whilst grinding fodder, so a potion might drop without them knowing it. However, with it being an optional rule that a person would choose to follow they'd know to keep an eye out. Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with it! I'll probably use it when I get my fodderlocke set up :D
@Alphazi

Oh, I'm really happy you like the d4 hunting method! And the easy mode vs. hard mode option is an awesome addition :o

And I'm really glad I could help out with making things more clear; I cobbled the list together super fast so I was worried about things not making sense. Thank you for sort-of "proofreading" the whole thing!

As for the potion/poisoning idea, I really like it! Again it's a really fun concept that could add more excitement (and more danger) to the 'locke. I think option one makes the most sense out of the two, as fodder leveling tends to use sap stones more than potions for healing; potion drops, on the other hand, are a random chance that could come into affect any time. Maybe an easy/hard mode could be implemented for the potions too, where easy mode would have you flip a coin to see if the dragon would be poisoned and hard mode would just have the poisoning instantly happen.

The only problem I would see with the rule would be that some folks don't really pay attention to drops whilst grinding fodder, so a potion might drop without them knowing it. However, with it being an optional rule that a person would choose to follow they'd know to keep an eye out. Other than that, I can't see anything wrong with it! I'll probably use it when I get my fodderlocke set up :D
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Oh I love all the ideas being tossed around in here
Oh I love all the ideas being tossed around in here
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Hey pals, if you have a smart phone there are dice apps that allow you to roll a die with as many sides as you choose. If not, theres an app on google that if you type "roll d6" it gives options as well to roll a d4 a d6 a d8 a d12 etc. Such creativity in this thread though!!
Hey pals, if you have a smart phone there are dice apps that allow you to roll a die with as many sides as you choose. If not, theres an app on google that if you type "roll d6" it gives options as well to roll a d4 a d6 a d8 a d12 etc. Such creativity in this thread though!!
bEvLAND.png
this. is. amazing. i. must. do. it.
this. is. amazing. i. must. do. it.
NN9NPXA.png
56yqAPu.png
rUoKR6y.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="GuardParade" date="2020-01-11 07:37:20" ] Hey pals, if you have a smart phone there are dice apps that allow you to roll a die with as many sides as you choose. If not, theres an app on google that if you type "roll d6" it gives options as well to roll a d4 a d6 a d8 a d12 etc. Such creativity in this thread though!! [/quote] as an addition to that, there is also a website with every RNG function you could possibly need. [url=https://www.random.org/][b]random.org[/b][/url]. you can roll for a random number within any range to mimic rolling a die of however many sides. there's also specific functions to, say, roll several d6 dice at once or randomize lists. and other stuff. it's perfect for this.
GuardParade wrote on 2020-01-11 07:37:20:

as an addition to that, there is also a website with every RNG function you could possibly need. random.org. you can roll for a random number within any range to mimic rolling a die of however many sides. there's also specific functions to, say, roll several d6 dice at once or randomize lists. and other stuff. it's perfect for this.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
Just to make sure, the only time a level 25 is used is during the setup and phase one, right?
Just to make sure, the only time a level 25 is used is during the setup and phase one, right?
IN3qoA3.gifhnOYGuB.gifE0tpxPX.gif
@EndertheTurtle I personally use a 25 for everything so I can get through it faster, but it's your choice.
@EndertheTurtle I personally use a 25 for everything so I can get through it faster, but it's your choice.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Thank you for clarifying!
Thank you for clarifying!
IN3qoA3.gifhnOYGuB.gifE0tpxPX.gif
anyway, now that i've got my thoughts in order, here's my take on some other conditions/tasks. [list][*]if apparel or familiars drop, the highest level fodderlocke dragon takes it. if, somehow, they get another drop that they can't or choose not to have at the same time as the old one, they cast off the old one. (or maybe they like the first one better and let the others squabble over the new one; there's flexibility.) choosing who gets the castoff can also vary; maybe it's whoever else was there. or maybe the leader takes it because they're the leader. maybe it's up to rng! [*]related to the thought above, here's a task: [b]Gimme that![/b] if one of your dragons has coli loot in the form of apparel or a familiar equipped, assign it heads or tails on a coin. randomly select another dragon and assign it the other side of the coin. flip the coin; whichever dragon loses is exalted. the winning dragon takes/keeps the loot. [*]or, for those who really like rng, you can have a [b]Pinkerlocke flashback![/b] instead of running through coli with two fodderlocke-rs and a trainer, stick the leader and two randomly selected cronies in a team, pick a venue high enough to give them EXP, and relive your Pinkerlocke nightmares. (since the original Pinkerlocke drop rules weren't all appropriate for this purpose, i rejigged them a bit:) [list][*]plant food drop: 10-battle streak in coli. no refreshing allowed unless a party member dies [*]insect food drop: 20-battle streak [*]seafood drop: 30-battle streak [*]meat food drop: 40-battle streak [*]material/"Other" tab item drop: treat as food; roll a d4 to determine streak length [*]familiar/apparel: go to the AH and purchase a new dragon. RNG a breed and buy the cheapest adult there. [*]battlestone: flip a coin. if the flip succeeds, go on a coli streak until a party member dies. no healing or refreshing.[/list] [*]this idea came to me just now, and as i was looking back i realized it's very similar to @/TheAwesoMew's idea for Ambushed! this one is potentially more uncomfortable: either the fodderlocke crew was mistaken for actual fodder, or their hideout was discovered - take your pick. rng a number between 1 and the total number of dragons in the crew, including hatchlings if you have any. that many randomly selected dragons of the crew must be exalted. depending on how heartless you feel, if any hatchlings get caught in the cull, you can either exalt them on the spot with the others or wait and exalt them when they're grown. [*]also, since i like the drink-potion-get-poisoned idea too, how about this: [b]you got the flu![/b] randomly select a fodderlocke-r. that dragon got caught out in bad weather (or something) and is ill/injured. for the next 5 tasks rolled, if that dragon is selected for anything active (the coli tasks, heists, etc,) their infirmity slows them up and they die. exalt them.[/list] after looking over the rest of the talk, i might expand the list i'm using to 20 instead of going with just 12. :thinking emoji: also, it's not a new task, but i'm also strongly considering adding the phase 1 activity of training fodder to 6, rolling, and keeping only the survivors to the list of daily tasks. there are, so far, more ways to exalt dragons than to gain them; this isn't a bad thing, but it would put a statistical timer on the challenge. adding in more tasks to potentially gain dragons and offset the losses would extend the lifespan of any given crew's run.
anyway, now that i've got my thoughts in order, here's my take on some other conditions/tasks.
  • if apparel or familiars drop, the highest level fodderlocke dragon takes it. if, somehow, they get another drop that they can't or choose not to have at the same time as the old one, they cast off the old one. (or maybe they like the first one better and let the others squabble over the new one; there's flexibility.) choosing who gets the castoff can also vary; maybe it's whoever else was there. or maybe the leader takes it because they're the leader. maybe it's up to rng!
  • related to the thought above, here's a task: Gimme that! if one of your dragons has coli loot in the form of apparel or a familiar equipped, assign it heads or tails on a coin. randomly select another dragon and assign it the other side of the coin. flip the coin; whichever dragon loses is exalted. the winning dragon takes/keeps the loot.
  • or, for those who really like rng, you can have a Pinkerlocke flashback! instead of running through coli with two fodderlocke-rs and a trainer, stick the leader and two randomly selected cronies in a team, pick a venue high enough to give them EXP, and relive your Pinkerlocke nightmares. (since the original Pinkerlocke drop rules weren't all appropriate for this purpose, i rejigged them a bit:)
    • plant food drop: 10-battle streak in coli. no refreshing allowed unless a party member dies
    • insect food drop: 20-battle streak
    • seafood drop: 30-battle streak
    • meat food drop: 40-battle streak
    • material/"Other" tab item drop: treat as food; roll a d4 to determine streak length
    • familiar/apparel: go to the AH and purchase a new dragon. RNG a breed and buy the cheapest adult there.
    • battlestone: flip a coin. if the flip succeeds, go on a coli streak until a party member dies. no healing or refreshing.
  • this idea came to me just now, and as i was looking back i realized it's very similar to @/TheAwesoMew's idea for Ambushed! this one is potentially more uncomfortable: either the fodderlocke crew was mistaken for actual fodder, or their hideout was discovered - take your pick. rng a number between 1 and the total number of dragons in the crew, including hatchlings if you have any. that many randomly selected dragons of the crew must be exalted. depending on how heartless you feel, if any hatchlings get caught in the cull, you can either exalt them on the spot with the others or wait and exalt them when they're grown.
  • also, since i like the drink-potion-get-poisoned idea too, how about this: you got the flu! randomly select a fodderlocke-r. that dragon got caught out in bad weather (or something) and is ill/injured. for the next 5 tasks rolled, if that dragon is selected for anything active (the coli tasks, heists, etc,) their infirmity slows them up and they die. exalt them.

after looking over the rest of the talk, i might expand the list i'm using to 20 instead of going with just 12. :thinking emoji:

also, it's not a new task, but i'm also strongly considering adding the phase 1 activity of training fodder to 6, rolling, and keeping only the survivors to the list of daily tasks. there are, so far, more ways to exalt dragons than to gain them; this isn't a bad thing, but it would put a statistical timer on the challenge. adding in more tasks to potentially gain dragons and offset the losses would extend the lifespan of any given crew's run.

hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24