Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - Clan of the Phoenix
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Today's posts begin with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42268111]Day 48[/url]. Still catching up to current day, but as I am about to go to bed, here's what's up now! Day 40 is finishing up being colored, so a new art day has been reserved. [rule] [center][b]Day 51[/b][/center] [center][i]Battle Item[/i] [item=Scholar][/center] [rule] [b]Heads. DEATH STREAK.[/b] Uh oh. Loretta, Glidra, and Naal head into battle. [rule] By late afternoon, she was fidgeting and talking to Props enough that Prism had confronted her. Props had found the body, but Prism would formulate a route for them to take that would avoid the brunt of the danger of the scorched woods. By morning, the plan had been solidified: They would skirt along the coastline, sticking to the low vegetation and keeping out of view. Naal, who had sustained a concussion but whose wounds were mostly mended after a series of the strongest potions he'd had brewed in reserve, had insisted on going. Prism seemed to think the path they'd chosen was safe enough to allow it. She knew how hard returning to the forest was for him- his connection with the life of the earth beneath them, just as with her connection with the life of those around her, had him feeling increased dread, guilt, and misery the further they encroached into the scarred land. But she had spoken with him. Last night, after Prism had fallen asleep, she had gone to watch over Naal. When he woke, head more cleared though still foggy, he had pleaded with her. "Please, Lor. I can't- That hill is my space to mourn, was and is. They need that. I can't stay here without knowing that I did everything I could for him- for Riln and Vince" And while the ambush upon their party on the way to their destination took a heavy toll, the stock of high potency potions and buffering mana from Naal helped to pull them through. Her brother really was a force of nature.
Today's posts begin with Day 48. Still catching up to current day, but as I am about to go to bed, here's what's up now! Day 40 is finishing up being colored, so a new art day has been reserved.

Day 51
Battle Item
Scholar

Heads. DEATH STREAK. Uh oh. Loretta, Glidra, and Naal head into battle.

By late afternoon, she was fidgeting and talking to Props enough that Prism had confronted her. Props had found the body, but Prism would formulate a route for them to take that would avoid the brunt of the danger of the scorched woods.

By morning, the plan had been solidified: They would skirt along the coastline, sticking to the low vegetation and keeping out of view. Naal, who had sustained a concussion but whose wounds were mostly mended after a series of the strongest potions he'd had brewed in reserve, had insisted on going. Prism seemed to think the path they'd chosen was safe enough to allow it.

She knew how hard returning to the forest was for him- his connection with the life of the earth beneath them, just as with her connection with the life of those around her, had him feeling increased dread, guilt, and misery the further they encroached into the scarred land.

But she had spoken with him. Last night, after Prism had fallen asleep, she had gone to watch over Naal. When he woke, head more cleared though still foggy, he had pleaded with her.

"Please, Lor. I can't- That hill is my space to mourn, was and is. They need that. I can't stay here without knowing that I did everything I could for him- for Riln and Vince"

And while the ambush upon their party on the way to their destination took a heavy toll, the stock of high potency potions and buffering mana from Naal helped to pull them through.

Her brother really was a force of nature.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
[center][b]Day 52[/b][/center] [center][i]Battle Item[/i] [item=Discipline][/center] [rule] [b]Tails. Nothing happens.[/b] But two dragons return home. [rule] Vincente reached the Hollow first, followed moments later by his mate. The small Guardian clutching tightly to his Riln's back slid forward as she landed, crashing into his mother's neck and chirping in annoyance. He smiled at the tiny hatchling, turning to face the Hollow, where the clan had begun to emerge. But their faces did not hold the same happiness. The others were silent. Glidra looked to Riln, seemingly transfixed with the hatchling. Prism had all eyes focused uncharacteristically onto the ground while Loretta stood close by his side, looking miserable. Vincente was instantly on edge. Where were Roen and Naal? Perhaps they were still in the cavern, sleeping late- His train of thought was cut off as Naal emerged from the cavern. He moved slowly, his tail dragged uncharacteristically behind him as he made his way toward him. He was covered in bandaging. The Coatl continued past the other dragons, up to Vincente and Riln. He looked first to their hatchling- small, fragile, vulnerable -before looking straight into his own eyes. Vincente's magic held no powers of emotion, but in those eyes he saw only raw pain and guilt. "I am sorry. I could not protect him."
Day 52
Battle Item
Discipline

Tails. Nothing happens. But two dragons return home.

Vincente reached the Hollow first, followed moments later by his mate. The small Guardian clutching tightly to his Riln's back slid forward as she landed, crashing into his mother's neck and chirping in annoyance.

He smiled at the tiny hatchling, turning to face the Hollow, where the clan had begun to emerge.

But their faces did not hold the same happiness.

The others were silent. Glidra looked to Riln, seemingly transfixed with the hatchling. Prism had all eyes focused uncharacteristically onto the ground while Loretta stood close by his side, looking miserable.

Vincente was instantly on edge. Where were Roen and Naal? Perhaps they were still in the cavern, sleeping late-

His train of thought was cut off as Naal emerged from the cavern. He moved slowly, his tail dragged uncharacteristically behind him as he made his way toward him.

He was covered in bandaging.

The Coatl continued past the other dragons, up to Vincente and Riln. He looked first to their hatchling- small, fragile, vulnerable -before looking straight into his own eyes.

Vincente's magic held no powers of emotion, but in those eyes he saw only raw pain and guilt.

"I am sorry. I could not protect him."
[center][b]Day 53[/b][/center] [center][i]Food: Meat[/i] [item=Firebearer][/center] [rule] [b]Loretta, Vincente, and Glidra head into Wilderness.[/b] [rule] Loretta felt a lot of emotions over the next few days. Guilt, sadness, loss, grief, denial, pain. That is what those around her felt, at least. But none were stranger to her than those of Riln and Vincente. The duo seemed frequently on the move, though typically not together- one would always be in the Hollow with Niruin. But the other, the other would be out in the scouting party, with a hunting group, or off doing.. [i]something[/i], that she could only assume was productive. The first day she sensed it- near overwhelming grief. Guilt. Helplessness. But after the first night, something in the pair had changed; They seemed to have a certain sense of determination about them. Vincente was focusing less on his ranged magic, training intensely on his newer, physical skills. While he no longer shot blasts of Fire, the Fire came readily to his claws. He had become quite proficient with it too, rivaling his former abilities. She had seen it firsthand, while out on a lengthy scouting mission. he had insisted on coming with the group, and Loretta saw those new skills rake through foe after foe. The tension between her sister and mother, which had long since become background static to her, appeared to change somewhat as well. While Riln was frequently out training, in the times in which she kept to the Hollow Loretta saw her interacting with mother more, in a way she had not seen since she was young. "He has your eyes," Riln looked to her mother. Waiting. Glidra seemed to be staring at the hatchling again, gaze fixed to his sleeping form. "..I am here with you, this time. I will try to make this right."
Day 53
Food: Meat
Firebearer

Loretta, Vincente, and Glidra head into Wilderness.

Loretta felt a lot of emotions over the next few days. Guilt, sadness, loss, grief, denial, pain. That is what those around her felt, at least. But none were stranger to her than those of Riln and Vincente.

The duo seemed frequently on the move, though typically not together- one would always be in the Hollow with Niruin. But the other, the other would be out in the scouting party, with a hunting group, or off doing.. something, that she could only assume was productive.

The first day she sensed it- near overwhelming grief. Guilt. Helplessness. But after the first night, something in the pair had changed; They seemed to have a certain sense of determination about them.

Vincente was focusing less on his ranged magic, training intensely on his newer, physical skills. While he no longer shot blasts of Fire, the Fire came readily to his claws. He had become quite proficient with it too, rivaling his former abilities.

She had seen it firsthand, while out on a lengthy scouting mission. he had insisted on coming with the group, and Loretta saw those new skills rake through foe after foe.

The tension between her sister and mother, which had long since become background static to her, appeared to change somewhat as well. While Riln was frequently out training, in the times in which she kept to the Hollow Loretta saw her interacting with mother more, in a way she had not seen since she was young.

"He has your eyes," Riln looked to her mother. Waiting.

Glidra seemed to be staring at the hatchling again, gaze fixed to his sleeping form.

"..I am here with you, this time. I will try to make this right."
[center][b]Day 54[/b][/center] [center][i]Trinket[/i] [item=Historical Text][/center] [rule] [b]Roll. Food day: Insects. Riln, Glidra, and Vincente head into Wilderness.[/b] [rule] The Nocturne watched the small hatchling tumbling about in the grass in front of the Hollow. Niruin's parents were out hunting for the morning, and he was busying himself catching any large insect he could find in the brush. He was curious, like his brother had been, though a bit less cautious. It could get him into trouble, and it concerned her. The beginning of his training would have to be a careful exercise. She sighed, twitching her tail in thought as she stared at the ground between her claws. A sudden thump onto her tail had her spinning around, only to find the small hatchling gripped onto her tail, claws pinning his prey to the ground. Loretta smiled, lifting her tail, and the hatchling, into the air, Niruin letting out a squeal of delight. The effort would always be worth it.
Day 54
Trinket
Historical Text

Roll. Food day: Insects. Riln, Glidra, and Vincente head into Wilderness.

The Nocturne watched the small hatchling tumbling about in the grass in front of the Hollow. Niruin's parents were out hunting for the morning, and he was busying himself catching any large insect he could find in the brush.

He was curious, like his brother had been, though a bit less cautious. It could get him into trouble, and it concerned her. The beginning of his training would have to be a careful exercise.

She sighed, twitching her tail in thought as she stared at the ground between her claws.

A sudden thump onto her tail had her spinning around, only to find the small hatchling gripped onto her tail, claws pinning his prey to the ground.

Loretta smiled, lifting her tail, and the hatchling, into the air, Niruin letting out a squeal of delight.

The effort would always be worth it.
Today's posts begin with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42278029]Day 52[/url], which I forgot to ping for! I've been sick, and am catching up, so I will ping in batches as days are completed. The art for [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42144707]Day 40[/url] has also been completed! And as a heads up: Niruin's brother, who did not make the Pinkerlocke cut for the nest, is available for adoption! He'll be up for sale for PWYW for one week before he is exalted. PM or CR me if you would like him! You can see him [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59254863]here[/url] (He hatched on Valentine's day!). Lorewise, if he is adopted, his egg was deemed unviable, as it was far too cold and never showed signs of life. However, the Ice in his veins merely made him unnaturally cold to the touch, and his egg would hatch some time later after the group had left their hideout to return home. If he is not adopted, the egg will indeed have been unviable and never to have hatched. [rule] [center][b]Day 55[/b][/center] [center][i]Material[/i] [item=Fungus-Covered Branch][/center] [rule] [b]Lore.[/b] A new find foretells potential conflict. [rule] "Papa! I found a weird plant!" The young hatchling came bounding into the Hollow, a short branch held tightly between his teeth. Loretta followed shortly behind him, watching the young dragon in amusement. "Oh? Let me see." Niruin slid to a stop in front of his father, straightening his posture to show off the growths on the wood. But, rather than discuss potential recipes for the new find, Vincente began to appear.. concerned. Prism turned more of his focus to the interaction, picking himself up and padding over. "..Is this what I think it is, Prism?" And- [i]ah[/i]. "..I am afraid so. Niruin- where did you find this branch?" The hatchling seemed undeterred by the uneasiness that the object had seemingly caused, and bounced with happiness from his find, "By the front of the Hollow, leaning against the rocks!" Prism closed his eyes in thought, considering the clan's options. Branches of fungi were frequently placed by dryads as a warning, though for various reasons. It could be a signal that they were beginning to encroach unwelcomingly close to their territory, or it could be simply an alert as to their presence. In either case, the diplomatic approach was to consult with the dryads themselves. "..Hatchling, that is quite the interesting find that you have collected. Would you mind staying within the Hollow for the next few days, while we inspect where it may have come from?" The young Guardian fidgeted a bit, clearly not fond of the idea of being confined to the cavern for long, but nodded all the same. "Alright, uncle Prism," he turned to his father, perking up, "Can we make some new recipes while we have to stay inside?" Vincente seemed to relax slightly, flicking his hatchling's nose with the furry tip of his tail, "Of course, little one. Don't worry, time will pass much faster than you think."
Today's posts begin with Day 52, which I forgot to ping for! I've been sick, and am catching up, so I will ping in batches as days are completed.

The art for Day 40 has also been completed!

And as a heads up: Niruin's brother, who did not make the Pinkerlocke cut for the nest, is available for adoption! He'll be up for sale for PWYW for one week before he is exalted. PM or CR me if you would like him! You can see him here (He hatched on Valentine's day!).

Lorewise, if he is adopted, his egg was deemed unviable, as it was far too cold and never showed signs of life. However, the Ice in his veins merely made him unnaturally cold to the touch, and his egg would hatch some time later after the group had left their hideout to return home. If he is not adopted, the egg will indeed have been unviable and never to have hatched.

Day 55
Material
Fungus-Covered Branch

Lore. A new find foretells potential conflict.

"Papa! I found a weird plant!"

The young hatchling came bounding into the Hollow, a short branch held tightly between his teeth. Loretta followed shortly behind him, watching the young dragon in amusement.

"Oh? Let me see."

Niruin slid to a stop in front of his father, straightening his posture to show off the growths on the wood.

But, rather than discuss potential recipes for the new find, Vincente began to appear.. concerned. Prism turned more of his focus to the interaction, picking himself up and padding over.

"..Is this what I think it is, Prism?"

And- ah.

"..I am afraid so. Niruin- where did you find this branch?"

The hatchling seemed undeterred by the uneasiness that the object had seemingly caused, and bounced with happiness from his find, "By the front of the Hollow, leaning against the rocks!"

Prism closed his eyes in thought, considering the clan's options. Branches of fungi were frequently placed by dryads as a warning, though for various reasons. It could be a signal that they were beginning to encroach unwelcomingly close to their territory, or it could be simply an alert as to their presence.

In either case, the diplomatic approach was to consult with the dryads themselves.

"..Hatchling, that is quite the interesting find that you have collected. Would you mind staying within the Hollow for the next few days, while we inspect where it may have come from?"

The young Guardian fidgeted a bit, clearly not fond of the idea of being confined to the cavern for long, but nodded all the same.

"Alright, uncle Prism," he turned to his father, perking up, "Can we make some new recipes while we have to stay inside?"

Vincente seemed to relax slightly, flicking his hatchling's nose with the furry tip of his tail, "Of course, little one. Don't worry, time will pass much faster than you think."
[center][b]Day 56[/b][/center] [center][i]Trinket[/i] [item=Stuffed Pincushion][/center] [rule] [b]Roll. Food day: Seafood. Riln, Vincente, and Glidra head into Wilderness.[/b] [rule] It was days like this where he really did lament that Prism was bound to the Hollow. He had assured him that dragons receiving the dryad's warning were customarily allowed safe-passage for diplomatic purposes, but he remaining on-edge. Though he had heard of the practice, he had not yet seen it for himself. The nearby grove was a more dangerous location than those of their previous expeditions, and his sparkling stinger accompanied them to help scout. Typically quiet and hiding amongst the fur of his mane, the insect now darted swiftly about the trees. A loud buzzing by his ear alerted him of its find, and he followed it with his eyes as it darted past the copse to their right. Looking to Glidra and Riln, he signaled their approach. And oh, maybe this wasn't such a good idea. The native frostbite dryads were under attack by an absolutely [i]monstrous[/i] beast, half-buried in the ground beneath them. But the three dragons were nearly shaken off their feet as it pulled itself further free, roots snapping and moss sliding off its sides as it emerged from the soil. It had to be three-times his height. But the frostbite dryads were only taking more damage, and if only he didn't have his damned [i]hero complex-[/i] He leaped without thinking, striking a fiery blow over its massive head. The creature turned on him instantly, attempting to chomp down on him before Glidra placed a solid score down its flank. Riln jumped on its haunches, sinking her teeth through tough skin. The beast roared and reared back, picking her up in its maw before it- [b][i]crunch[/i][/b] His vision tunneled. He couldn't hear as Glidra froze its legs to the ground with Ice, did not see the dryads perform the counterspell on the monster's blast. He could only see the corpse of the dragon that had meant everything to him.
Day 56
Trinket
Stuffed Pincushion

Roll. Food day: Seafood. Riln, Vincente, and Glidra head into Wilderness.

It was days like this where he really did lament that Prism was bound to the Hollow. He had assured him that dragons receiving the dryad's warning were customarily allowed safe-passage for diplomatic purposes, but he remaining on-edge. Though he had heard of the practice, he had not yet seen it for himself.

The nearby grove was a more dangerous location than those of their previous expeditions, and his sparkling stinger accompanied them to help scout. Typically quiet and hiding amongst the fur of his mane, the insect now darted swiftly about the trees.

A loud buzzing by his ear alerted him of its find, and he followed it with his eyes as it darted past the copse to their right. Looking to Glidra and Riln, he signaled their approach.

And oh, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

The native frostbite dryads were under attack by an absolutely monstrous beast, half-buried in the ground beneath them. But the three dragons were nearly shaken off their feet as it pulled itself further free, roots snapping and moss sliding off its sides as it emerged from the soil. It had to be three-times his height.

But the frostbite dryads were only taking more damage, and if only he didn't have his damned hero complex-

He leaped without thinking, striking a fiery blow over its massive head. The creature turned on him instantly, attempting to chomp down on him before Glidra placed a solid score down its flank. Riln jumped on its haunches, sinking her teeth through tough skin.

The beast roared and reared back, picking her up in its maw before it-

crunch

His vision tunneled. He couldn't hear as Glidra froze its legs to the ground with Ice, did not see the dryads perform the counterspell on the monster's blast.

He could only see the corpse of the dragon that had meant everything to him.
Today's posts begin with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42398407]Day 56[/url]. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59254863]Niruin's brother[/url] will be up for adoption until the end of Saturday, FR time. [rule] [center][b]Day 57[/b][/center] [center][i]Material[/i] [item=Chrome Laser Head][/center] [rule] [b]Lore.[/b] New friends, lost family. [rule] The beast before them fell, and with it, the only distraction she had left to her. She willed her Ice away as her eyes fell to the corpse of her daughter. She had promised her. Never again. She had promised her, her daughter, who grew so bright in spite of what little she had given her. It was the least she could do, to honor that promise. The dryads swiftly moved to check that the monster had indeed been slain. She took the chance to focus on their discussion. She may not understand the sylvan that they spoke in, but it was far preferable to seeing the look upon Vincente's face. She could not handle that for now. She heard him move toward her, and let him be to mourn. She was the leader of this clan, after all. It was still her duty to address the dryads. A taller dryad, an icier blue than the rest, frost-burnt leaves covering its shoulders, turned as it saw her approach. Though the dryads were far longer-lived than other beast clans, and she had few means to determine age and status, she assumed it safe to guess that this was their leader. They made eye contact, and the dryad appeared to visibly relax. "I see that the Warden has blessed you," he spoke in a much clearer common Draconic than she had expected. "He had blessed her as well, but even that was not enough protection in these lands." She looked to the corpse across the clearing, her face neutral but her heart growing heavier. "These beasts have taken many lives since their appearance here, not long ago," the dryad looked to the mossy creature, eyeing the plants that seemed to grow from its hide, "They are not of this place." "Did they migrate from the East?" "We do not believe so," he approached the beast, reaching up and plucking a flower from its back, twisting it between his fingers, "These flora are native to our forest, and would not survive in warmer climates. These monsters are not of the Ice, but they did not arrive here with these plants." "But you sound as if you have a theory?" The dryad paused, looking from the flower back to her, "As we are bound to this forest, unable to return to it once we have forsaken it, we sent the branch such that we could discuss the danger the magics pose. But that danger found us first. This monstrous beast, it speaks of Light. Yet it rose from beneath our own forest of Ice. The elements are abound, and we can feel it in the forest. New energy is seeping into its roots. The elemental boundaries are spreading."
Today's posts begin with Day 56.

Niruin's brother will be up for adoption until the end of Saturday, FR time.

Day 57
Material
Chrome Laser Head

Lore. New friends, lost family.

The beast before them fell, and with it, the only distraction she had left to her. She willed her Ice away as her eyes fell to the corpse of her daughter. She had promised her. Never again.

She had promised her, her daughter, who grew so bright in spite of what little she had given her. It was the least she could do, to honor that promise.

The dryads swiftly moved to check that the monster had indeed been slain. She took the chance to focus on their discussion. She may not understand the sylvan that they spoke in, but it was far preferable to seeing the look upon Vincente's face. She could not handle that for now.

She heard him move toward her, and let him be to mourn.

She was the leader of this clan, after all. It was still her duty to address the dryads.

A taller dryad, an icier blue than the rest, frost-burnt leaves covering its shoulders, turned as it saw her approach. Though the dryads were far longer-lived than other beast clans, and she had few means to determine age and status, she assumed it safe to guess that this was their leader.

They made eye contact, and the dryad appeared to visibly relax.

"I see that the Warden has blessed you," he spoke in a much clearer common Draconic than she had expected.

"He had blessed her as well, but even that was not enough protection in these lands." She looked to the corpse across the clearing, her face neutral but her heart growing heavier.

"These beasts have taken many lives since their appearance here, not long ago," the dryad looked to the mossy creature, eyeing the plants that seemed to grow from its hide, "They are not of this place."

"Did they migrate from the East?"

"We do not believe so," he approached the beast, reaching up and plucking a flower from its back, twisting it between his fingers, "These flora are native to our forest, and would not survive in warmer climates. These monsters are not of the Ice, but they did not arrive here with these plants."

"But you sound as if you have a theory?"

The dryad paused, looking from the flower back to her, "As we are bound to this forest, unable to return to it once we have forsaken it, we sent the branch such that we could discuss the danger the magics pose. But that danger found us first.

This monstrous beast, it speaks of Light. Yet it rose from beneath our own forest of Ice.

The elements are abound, and we can feel it in the forest. New energy is seeping into its roots. The elemental boundaries are spreading."
[center][b]Day 58[/b][/center] [center][i]Apparel[/i] [item=Cat's Leg Armor][/center] [rule] [b][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59286560]Eisheth[/url] is adopted.[/b] No dragons were available to breed, so a new hatchling joins the clan! He is raised by Vincente. [rule] Glidra looked out across the forest clearing. The plants were changing, whether they had noticed it before or not- grasses were tipped in pinks and blues, vines appeared to be gilded and shimmering. The flora and the land had taken on a magic not its own. "What can we do about this?" The dryad followed her gaze before sighing, "We do not know. For now, we adapt." They would adapt. She had faced heavy loss before. Though Riln had joined her father, she would have to adapt to her absence. To both of their absences. But she had to be there for the ones who had not yet learned to cope with such loss. "I am the matriarch of the Clan of the Phoenix. I would like to form an alliance with your people." "And I the Seneshal of this forest. I will agree to this alliance." Glidra nodded, looking over the dryad to the people that were with him. They looked weary, a bit scrawny, perhaps weakened under the shifting tides of magic in their forest. But each one held stubborn determination in their features. "We have a messenger that can relay information from our people, should new developments arise. I am assuming you are capable of them same, given your previous gesture?" "We have our ways. We shall be in contact. However-" the dryad paused, seeming to think over his words. "We would like to request a favor of your people, in light of the elemental fluctuations." "What may we aid you in?" The Seneshal turned to another dryad, speaking in sylvan briefly before the other retreated into the forest. And what they brought back with them was more than a little unexpected. A small Pearlcatcher, streaked in greens and blues, trotted in behind the dryad, sticking closely to their side. "We found his egg within the forest. Earth magic carries him. We are unsure of exactly how the egg came to be here. But we are.. uninformed in and unequipped to raise a dragon. Life did not give him an advantageous start, amidst these woods. If your people could care for him, raise him, we would be forever grateful." And, well, the cautious, worried expression on the small dragon's face alongside Vincente's look of renewed vigor, a defiance against fate and all odds, told her what she needed to do.
Day 58
Apparel
Cat's Leg Armor

Eisheth is adopted. No dragons were available to breed, so a new hatchling joins the clan! He is raised by Vincente.

Glidra looked out across the forest clearing. The plants were changing, whether they had noticed it before or not- grasses were tipped in pinks and blues, vines appeared to be gilded and shimmering. The flora and the land had taken on a magic not its own.

"What can we do about this?"

The dryad followed her gaze before sighing, "We do not know. For now, we adapt."

They would adapt. She had faced heavy loss before. Though Riln had joined her father, she would have to adapt to her absence. To both of their absences.

But she had to be there for the ones who had not yet learned to cope with such loss.

"I am the matriarch of the Clan of the Phoenix. I would like to form an alliance with your people."

"And I the Seneshal of this forest. I will agree to this alliance."

Glidra nodded, looking over the dryad to the people that were with him. They looked weary, a bit scrawny, perhaps weakened under the shifting tides of magic in their forest. But each one held stubborn determination in their features.

"We have a messenger that can relay information from our people, should new developments arise. I am assuming you are capable of them same, given your previous gesture?"

"We have our ways. We shall be in contact. However-" the dryad paused, seeming to think over his words. "We would like to request a favor of your people, in light of the elemental fluctuations."

"What may we aid you in?"

The Seneshal turned to another dryad, speaking in sylvan briefly before the other retreated into the forest.

And what they brought back with them was more than a little unexpected.

A small Pearlcatcher, streaked in greens and blues, trotted in behind the dryad, sticking closely to their side.

"We found his egg within the forest. Earth magic carries him. We are unsure of exactly how the egg came to be here. But we are.. uninformed in and unequipped to raise a dragon. Life did not give him an advantageous start, amidst these woods. If your people could care for him, raise him, we would be forever grateful."

And, well, the cautious, worried expression on the small dragon's face alongside Vincente's look of renewed vigor, a defiance against fate and all odds, told her what she needed to do.
[u][color=firebrick][size=4]Pinglist[/size][/color][/u] @SkyBlaze @minervamaga @riazaia @Snowfoot Today's posts begin with [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42437882]Day 58[/url]. [center][b]Day 59[/b][/center] [center][i]Battle Item[/i] [item=Berserker][/center] [rule] [b]Coin Flip: Heads. DEATH STREAK.[/b] Uh oh. Naal, Vincente, and Niruin head into battle. [rule] They may not understand it. He tucked Niruin under his wing, blocking a hard slash from the beast before them and countering with one of his own. Vincente was taking heavy damage, but he could endure it. Niruin was safe, and he was learning. He forged onward, Naal watching him carefully. But perhaps he was the one who understood most. He turned a spear into cinders mid-air, spinning to direct his fiery blow down onto the centaur's back. It was hard to knock a centaur off its four feet, but he would demonstrate. The backs of the knees were a weak point of any creature. She had given him life, given him purpose. Niruin swiped out from under the safety of his father's large wings, bleeding the owlcat that had come in close from behind. Vincente reared back, swiping a burning strike down its flank, sending it reeling back to put out the Fire that scorched its feathers. They vowed to face it all with stubborn determination. And he would not break that promise now.
Pinglist
@SkyBlaze @minervamaga @riazaia @Snowfoot

Today's posts begin with Day 58.
Day 59
Battle Item
Berserker

Coin Flip: Heads. DEATH STREAK. Uh oh. Naal, Vincente, and Niruin head into battle.

They may not understand it.

He tucked Niruin under his wing, blocking a hard slash from the beast before them and countering with one of his own. Vincente was taking heavy damage, but he could endure it. Niruin was safe, and he was learning.

He forged onward, Naal watching him carefully. But perhaps he was the one who understood most.

He turned a spear into cinders mid-air, spinning to direct his fiery blow down onto the centaur's back. It was hard to knock a centaur off its four feet, but he would demonstrate. The backs of the knees were a weak point of any creature.

She had given him life, given him purpose.

Niruin swiped out from under the safety of his father's large wings, bleeding the owlcat that had come in close from behind. Vincente reared back, swiping a burning strike down its flank, sending it reeling back to put out the Fire that scorched its feathers.

They vowed to face it all with stubborn determination. And he would not break that promise now.
@Gathouria

Hey there! I'm thinking of starting my own Pinkerlocke, and I really like your ruleset! Would you mind if I adapted it for my own use? Your thread would be credited at the top, and I'd include the other links. You're a great writer, by the way!
@Gathouria

Hey there! I'm thinking of starting my own Pinkerlocke, and I really like your ruleset! Would you mind if I adapted it for my own use? Your thread would be credited at the top, and I'd include the other links. You're a great writer, by the way!
fXe8RGd.png fc4zvun.png
mlHpBMC.png

rix3ppo.png
nWiQNX9.png
FObX7rS.png
AMuKTn8.pngcandle-smol.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8