Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - Clan of the Phoenix
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Clan of the Phoenix
An old clan fights from the brink

With the appearance of the Gaolers, a long-slumbering sickness of the once-sealed cavern systems near the homelands of a once-flourishing clan of Ice awoke, quickly overtaking them. Weary and broken, all that remained of their kin were two Guardian dragons and a Mirror.

This is how they lived.

Clan of the Phoenix
An old clan fights from the brink

With the appearance of the Gaolers, a long-slumbering sickness of the once-sealed cavern systems near the homelands of a once-flourishing clan of Ice awoke, quickly overtaking them. Weary and broken, all that remained of their kin were two Guardian dragons and a Mirror.

This is how they lived.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png

Ruleset

I decided to start a thread for my new Pinkerlocke! The ruleset I am using is primarily derived from here, itself a modified version of the Standard Ruleset. As I have made some small modifications, I will be posting them below.

Quote:
General Rules
  • Dragons taking part are located in the Pinkerlocke Tab of my lair.
  • If a dragon faints in the coliseum, they are considered dead and must be removed from the challenge. Such dragons will typically be exalted, though they may be moved into the main lair.
  • If a dragon reaches level 25, they will remain in the challenge but "retire", and are exempt from all coliseum battles.
  • Apparel and familiars gained from coli fights within the challenge will be given to dragons on the team fighting at the time.
  • What I do everyday is determined by what Pinkerton gives me that day.
  • All randomized decisions will be made using random.org.
Quote:
Pinkerton Pulls

Food: Coliseum

Randomly choose three dragons (less if three can't fight) to fight in the coliseum. The venue they are to fight in will be at the level or one level range below the highest level dragon on the team. They remain in this venue the whole time, even if a dragon levels up. Using potions, fleeing, and returning to the main menu between battles are allowed. Reloading the coliseum to escape a losing battle is not allowed. How many battles must be fought is determined by the type of food pulled.

Plants: 10 battles
Insects: 20 battles
Seafood: 30 battles
Meat: 40 battles

Materials: Lore

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Do some writing for your Pinkerlocke. How does your new clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this Pinkerlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the Quests and Challenges forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Personally, I enjoy writing something for each day, so I take this day to focus on a dragon's individual story or to write about events that happened outside of a day's focus, such as a nest hatching.

Trinket: Art or Roll

Make art of the Pinkerlocke. Dragons, events, familiars, anything.
If art is not made, roll: 1 = Food day, 2 = Battle item day.

If food day, roll for food type:
  1. Plants
  2. Insects
  3. Seafood
  4. Meat

Familiars: New dragons

Buy an adult dragon off the AH. The element of the dragon (and optionally, the breed) are chosen by RNG. I personally like to randomize the element and three different breeds to choose from. The dragon may cost up to 15kT. Within these restrictions, any dragon may be purchased. The purchased dragon receives the familiar.

The following results correspond to the following breeds:
  1. Banescale
  2. Bogsneak
  3. Coatl
  4. Fae
  5. Gaoler
  6. Guardian
  7. Imperial
  8. Mirror
  9. Nocturne
  10. Pearlcatcher
  11. Ridgeback
  12. Skydancer
  13. Snapper
  14. Spiral
  15. Tundra
  16. Wildclaw

The following results correspond to the following elements:
  1. Earth
  2. Fire
  3. Wind
  4. Water
  5. Lightning
  6. Ice
  7. Light
  8. Shadow
  9. Nature
  10. Plague
  11. Arcane

Apparel: Breeding

Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. One of the parents will be given the apparel piece.

You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is considered dead and you must exalt it or otherwise remove it from the challenge. Hatchlings with double or triple colors, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, Goat, or Primal are exempt from the coin flip and you may choose what to do with them.

If this can't be done, purchase a hatchling from the AH using the familiar rules. This hatchling will be adopted by two adult dragons in the challenge, one of which is given the apparel piece.

Battle Item: Uh-oh

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons to enter the coliseum. Venue level is the same as the highest level dragon on the team. They must fight 10 battles. Using potions is allowed. Fleeing and returning to the main menu are not allowed. If a dragon dies in a death streak, once the battle they died in is complete, even if it wasn't the 10th battle, the death streak is over.

Quote:
Additional Rules
Leader of Our Clan: The current leader of the clan wears a Brutal Headdress. If the leader dies, the current heir takes their place, at which time a new heir is chosen at random.

Heir Apparent: The current heir wears an Ethereal Flame Headpiece. The heir is exempt from all coliseum battles, in order to ensure survival of the clan. If the leader dies, the heir becomes the clan leader and is no longer exempt. The new heir is then exempt.

Puff the Magic Dragons: All dragons in the challenge will have elemental magic at their disposal, in accordance to this thread on magical lore. The exact powers a dragon has are determined by eye type, as dictated in the thread.

For unspecified eye types:
  • Goat: Two random powers, excluding Primal powers.
  • Glowing: Two random powers, excluding Primal powers.
  • Swirl: One random power, excluding Primal, Multi-Gaze, and Faceted powers.
  • Dark Sclera: One random power of the opposite element (see list below), excluding Primal powers.
  • Gems/Mage status not specified may be chosen at your discretion.

Opposing Types, for Dark Sclera:
  • Wind :: Earth
  • Fire :: Ice
  • Nature :: Plague
  • Light :: Shadow
  • Water :: Lightning
  • Arcane :: A random element, excluding Arcane

Banker's Choice: Days may be "banked", and the item written for later. Items may also be skipped until the Pinkerlocke is being written for again. Its really up to you. But don't worry if you miss a day or 2 or 10. This should be fun, so its okay to miss days.

I Don't Wanna Grow Up:
Hatchlings age on a scale determined by their breed's breeding cooldown. This scale has 5 stages as noted by their human equivalents:
  1. Toddler
  2. Young child
  3. Young teenager
  4. Young adult
  5. Adult
Plentiful breeds reach the next stage every 3 days while rare breeds each the next stage every 7 days (breed rarities can be found here). Until they reach the adult stage on the scale, they are still considered hatchlings.
Quote:
Starting Out

Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (suggested 2-3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
  1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
  2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
  3. If all dragons except the heir die, continue on with 2-3 new dragons from the AH, all purchased under 15kT. Such circumstances may be used as a chance for a break.
Quote:
Multiplayer

Interaction between Pinkerlocke clans in encouraged! Add to your lore, make allied clans, and maybe even send a surviving hatchling from a nest!
Quote:
Advice
From the original Pinkerlocke:
  • Stock up on potions. Seriously.
  • Using only one dragon in the coliseum is HARD. Don't be shy about running away!

My advice:
  • Online counters (like this one) are excellent for tracking battle streaks.
  • Remember to raise your stats and stones when you can upon leveling up.
  • Consider having a mage with contuse your team, and make sure to put stat points into Vitality. This is not a grinding team build we're after.
  • When you get further in, it's a good idea to have Guard on some of your higher leveled dragons! New dragons coming in will be level one, but will still be required to go to higher venues.

Ruleset

I decided to start a thread for my new Pinkerlocke! The ruleset I am using is primarily derived from here, itself a modified version of the Standard Ruleset. As I have made some small modifications, I will be posting them below.

Quote:
General Rules
  • Dragons taking part are located in the Pinkerlocke Tab of my lair.
  • If a dragon faints in the coliseum, they are considered dead and must be removed from the challenge. Such dragons will typically be exalted, though they may be moved into the main lair.
  • If a dragon reaches level 25, they will remain in the challenge but "retire", and are exempt from all coliseum battles.
  • Apparel and familiars gained from coli fights within the challenge will be given to dragons on the team fighting at the time.
  • What I do everyday is determined by what Pinkerton gives me that day.
  • All randomized decisions will be made using random.org.
Quote:
Pinkerton Pulls

Food: Coliseum

Randomly choose three dragons (less if three can't fight) to fight in the coliseum. The venue they are to fight in will be at the level or one level range below the highest level dragon on the team. They remain in this venue the whole time, even if a dragon levels up. Using potions, fleeing, and returning to the main menu between battles are allowed. Reloading the coliseum to escape a losing battle is not allowed. How many battles must be fought is determined by the type of food pulled.

Plants: 10 battles
Insects: 20 battles
Seafood: 30 battles
Meat: 40 battles

Materials: Lore

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Do some writing for your Pinkerlocke. How does your new clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this Pinkerlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the Quests and Challenges forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Personally, I enjoy writing something for each day, so I take this day to focus on a dragon's individual story or to write about events that happened outside of a day's focus, such as a nest hatching.

Trinket: Art or Roll

Make art of the Pinkerlocke. Dragons, events, familiars, anything.
If art is not made, roll: 1 = Food day, 2 = Battle item day.

If food day, roll for food type:
  1. Plants
  2. Insects
  3. Seafood
  4. Meat

Familiars: New dragons

Buy an adult dragon off the AH. The element of the dragon (and optionally, the breed) are chosen by RNG. I personally like to randomize the element and three different breeds to choose from. The dragon may cost up to 15kT. Within these restrictions, any dragon may be purchased. The purchased dragon receives the familiar.

The following results correspond to the following breeds:
  1. Banescale
  2. Bogsneak
  3. Coatl
  4. Fae
  5. Gaoler
  6. Guardian
  7. Imperial
  8. Mirror
  9. Nocturne
  10. Pearlcatcher
  11. Ridgeback
  12. Skydancer
  13. Snapper
  14. Spiral
  15. Tundra
  16. Wildclaw

The following results correspond to the following elements:
  1. Earth
  2. Fire
  3. Wind
  4. Water
  5. Lightning
  6. Ice
  7. Light
  8. Shadow
  9. Nature
  10. Plague
  11. Arcane

Apparel: Breeding

Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. One of the parents will be given the apparel piece.

You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is considered dead and you must exalt it or otherwise remove it from the challenge. Hatchlings with double or triple colors, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, Goat, or Primal are exempt from the coin flip and you may choose what to do with them.

If this can't be done, purchase a hatchling from the AH using the familiar rules. This hatchling will be adopted by two adult dragons in the challenge, one of which is given the apparel piece.

Battle Item: Uh-oh

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons to enter the coliseum. Venue level is the same as the highest level dragon on the team. They must fight 10 battles. Using potions is allowed. Fleeing and returning to the main menu are not allowed. If a dragon dies in a death streak, once the battle they died in is complete, even if it wasn't the 10th battle, the death streak is over.

Quote:
Additional Rules
Leader of Our Clan: The current leader of the clan wears a Brutal Headdress. If the leader dies, the current heir takes their place, at which time a new heir is chosen at random.

Heir Apparent: The current heir wears an Ethereal Flame Headpiece. The heir is exempt from all coliseum battles, in order to ensure survival of the clan. If the leader dies, the heir becomes the clan leader and is no longer exempt. The new heir is then exempt.

Puff the Magic Dragons: All dragons in the challenge will have elemental magic at their disposal, in accordance to this thread on magical lore. The exact powers a dragon has are determined by eye type, as dictated in the thread.

For unspecified eye types:
  • Goat: Two random powers, excluding Primal powers.
  • Glowing: Two random powers, excluding Primal powers.
  • Swirl: One random power, excluding Primal, Multi-Gaze, and Faceted powers.
  • Dark Sclera: One random power of the opposite element (see list below), excluding Primal powers.
  • Gems/Mage status not specified may be chosen at your discretion.

Opposing Types, for Dark Sclera:
  • Wind :: Earth
  • Fire :: Ice
  • Nature :: Plague
  • Light :: Shadow
  • Water :: Lightning
  • Arcane :: A random element, excluding Arcane

Banker's Choice: Days may be "banked", and the item written for later. Items may also be skipped until the Pinkerlocke is being written for again. Its really up to you. But don't worry if you miss a day or 2 or 10. This should be fun, so its okay to miss days.

I Don't Wanna Grow Up:
Hatchlings age on a scale determined by their breed's breeding cooldown. This scale has 5 stages as noted by their human equivalents:
  1. Toddler
  2. Young child
  3. Young teenager
  4. Young adult
  5. Adult
Plentiful breeds reach the next stage every 3 days while rare breeds each the next stage every 7 days (breed rarities can be found here). Until they reach the adult stage on the scale, they are still considered hatchlings.
Quote:
Starting Out

Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (suggested 2-3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
  1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
  2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
  3. If all dragons except the heir die, continue on with 2-3 new dragons from the AH, all purchased under 15kT. Such circumstances may be used as a chance for a break.
Quote:
Multiplayer

Interaction between Pinkerlocke clans in encouraged! Add to your lore, make allied clans, and maybe even send a surviving hatchling from a nest!
Quote:
Advice
From the original Pinkerlocke:
  • Stock up on potions. Seriously.
  • Using only one dragon in the coliseum is HARD. Don't be shy about running away!

My advice:
  • Online counters (like this one) are excellent for tracking battle streaks.
  • Remember to raise your stats and stones when you can upon leveling up.
  • Consider having a mage with contuse your team, and make sure to put stat points into Vitality. This is not a grinding team build we're after.
  • When you get further in, it's a good idea to have Guard on some of your higher leveled dragons! New dragons coming in will be level one, but will still be required to go to higher venues.
[rule] [rule] [center][columns][item=Smoke Gyre][nextcol][center][b][color=Firebrick][size=7]The Clan of the Phoenix[/size][/color][/b][/center][/columns][/center] [rule] [rule] [b]The Clan of the Phoenix[/b] is a small, nomadic band of dragons that are all that remains of a once flourishing clan of the Southern Icefields. With the appearance of the Gaolers, a long-slumbering sickness of the once-sealed cave systems near their homelands quickly overtook their clan. Weary and broken, all that remained of their kin were two Guardian dragons and a Mirror. Taking nothing with them, leaving all that could be contaminated behind, the trio set off into the blizzarding landscape that had once been a comfort, but now was a cruel hellscape hindering their escape. But this sickness would die behind them, and they would find new land. [center]---[/center] Distrusting caves, by the time that the group had reached safe ground to rest in, they had wandered a great distance from their old home. Collapsing into a small copse of dense evergreens, they immediately heard quiet chirrups coming from the shrubs around them. Glidra, ever the natural leader, went to inspect the noise that sounded far too large to be simple prey. Amongst frosted and dry foliage, she found a fragile bird of ash and smoke, trembling against the harsh winter winds. The wave of sympathy that she felt for the creature was instant- in a way, this poor creature was just like them: battered, desperate enough to call for help from potential predators, and far, far from home. The small family decided then to rename themselves: The Clan of the Phoenix. They will rise again from the ashes, and their family will grow to the heights it once had. The small Smoke Gyre, now named Prosperity, became the light that they would follow, and their source of inspiration to carry on. [center]---[/center] The small group, due to the sickness that enveloped their clan, mistrusts Plague dragons and all Ancient breeds, fearing that they may hold strands of illness that would ravage them once more. [quote] [center][b][size=5]Clan-Specific Rules[/size][/b][/center] [LIST] [*] Ancient breeds cannot be chosen to be purchased from the AH [*] If a Plague dragon is rolled to be purchased from the AH, roll for a different element [*] The Leader holds Prosperity, the Smoke Gyre [*] Those physically grown but still considered hatchlings under the increased age scale may still participate in battle beginning at the age of Young Teenager [*] Dragons may be excluded from partaking in the Coliseum due to lore reasons (recent major injuries, nesting, etc). This is decided before selecting a random party [*] Nests hosted by another player of a different element have altered survival rates. Instead of a coin flip, eggs have an 80% survival rate. This is determined by rolling a 10-sided die. 3-8, the hatchling survives. 1-2, the hatchling perishes. [/LIST]

Smoke Gyre
The Clan of the Phoenix

The Clan of the Phoenix is a small, nomadic band of dragons that are all that remains of a once flourishing clan of the Southern Icefields.

With the appearance of the Gaolers, a long-slumbering sickness of the once-sealed cave systems near their homelands quickly overtook their clan. Weary and broken, all that remained of their kin were two Guardian dragons and a Mirror.

Taking nothing with them, leaving all that could be contaminated behind, the trio set off into the blizzarding landscape that had once been a comfort, but now was a cruel hellscape hindering their escape. But this sickness would die behind them, and they would find new land.
---

Distrusting caves, by the time that the group had reached safe ground to rest in, they had wandered a great distance from their old home. Collapsing into a small copse of dense evergreens, they immediately heard quiet chirrups coming from the shrubs around them. Glidra, ever the natural leader, went to inspect the noise that sounded far too large to be simple prey.

Amongst frosted and dry foliage, she found a fragile bird of ash and smoke, trembling against the harsh winter winds. The wave of sympathy that she felt for the creature was instant- in a way, this poor creature was just like them: battered, desperate enough to call for help from potential predators, and far, far from home.

The small family decided then to rename themselves: The Clan of the Phoenix. They will rise again from the ashes, and their family will grow to the heights it once had. The small Smoke Gyre, now named Prosperity, became the light that they would follow, and their source of inspiration to carry on.
---

The small group, due to the sickness that enveloped their clan, mistrusts Plague dragons and all Ancient breeds, fearing that they may hold strands of illness that would ravage them once more.

Quote:
Clan-Specific Rules
  • Ancient breeds cannot be chosen to be purchased from the AH
  • If a Plague dragon is rolled to be purchased from the AH, roll for a different element
  • The Leader holds Prosperity, the Smoke Gyre
  • Those physically grown but still considered hatchlings under the increased age scale may still participate in battle beginning at the age of Young Teenager
  • Dragons may be excluded from partaking in the Coliseum due to lore reasons (recent major injuries, nesting, etc). This is decided before selecting a random party
  • Nests hosted by another player of a different element have altered survival rates. Instead of a coin flip, eggs have an 80% survival rate. This is determined by rolling a 10-sided die. 3-8, the hatchling survives. 1-2, the hatchling perishes.
[rule] [rule] [center][size=7][color=firebrick][b]The Clan[/b][/color][/size][/center] [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57627351] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/576274/57627351_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"This family is my Charge and I[/i] will [i]protect them."[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=darkblue][u]GLIDRA[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Protective | Cautious | Introspective[/color][/size][/center] [center][b]Leader | Original Three[/b][/center] [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Ice Unusual / Silencer / Celestine: These dragons can seemingly slow down the minds of creatures, and the procession of time itself. They can put others into a deep sleep, and preserve objects exactly as they are indefinitely. Some of them use their powers on themselves, and walk the night for centuries after, emotionless and undying.[/i] Glidra has always been one with the Ice. It preserves all, endlessly and forever. She had always had a spark for history and artifacts; the Icewarden has kept it all, safe, for them to discover and learn from. But the Ice preserves all. And the Ice preserved the Sickness. Her Magic was powerful. Her Magic could near stop time. But her Magic could do nothing to the past, and they had already succumbed. She could save but three: Herself, [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57617857]Shadesong[/url], and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56275357]Prism[/url]. They stole into the frozen night, both temperature and time grinding to a halt as they fled before the march of reality could come for them again. [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56275357] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/562754/56275357_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"This fight to survive is the only world that I've known, and I fight to find the world after."[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=mediumvioletred][u]PRISM[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Calm | Analytical | Forward-looking[/color][/size][/center] [center][b]Heir | Original Three[/b][/center] [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Shadow Multi-Gaze / Mesmer / Smoky Quartz. These dragons can listen to the dreams of others, and can hear a sleeping dragon from far away. Those who want to stay hidden should stay awake at all costs.[/i] From his nest, he could hear sobbing. It was faint, almost.. muffled? But he could hear it all the same. He asked his mother about the crying, but she asked him to go play with his siblings instead of imaginary friends. But he heard it, he [i]did[/i]! And every day it got louder. [center]---[/center] The rocks fell away, and the Gaolers roamed the skies, free at last. But the very moment that the rubble had fallen away, the cries were deafening. In that moment, he knew that they were all going to die. [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57912934] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/579130/57912934_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"I can hear the past, and it gives me power to change the future."[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=navy][u]NAAL[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Enthusiastic | Daring | Empathetic[/color][/size][/center] Born on the 3rd day. [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Water Uncommon / Deepwatcher / Azurite: These dragons are able to see events that happened in the past, at the location they are currently in.[/i] [i]He could hear crying.[/i] Deep, mournful sobbing that wretched through the body of whoever it had taken. Most of his body tingled lightly- he was sleeping, but could not entirely forego the cold around him. But the crying grew closer. He tapped against the shell of his egg. [i]'I want to find them. I want to help them.'[/i] The tapping turned to scratching, his claws scrapping grooves into the thick shell. [i]'Don't be sad. It's okay.'[/i] A claw pierced through the lining. A shivering wind bit his once-shielded hide, causing him to fluff up his feathered mane against the cold. He dragged his claw downward, widening the opening, and pulling shards of shell through. Once the hole was large enough for a head, he rolled onto his back and kicked, shattering the side of his egg. Crawling out, he blinked against the brightness of the icy snow that reflected the moon's glowing light. [i]'Where are you? I'm over here.'[/i] He could hear the crying pick up again, and he clumsily fumbled on his new legs toward the sound. [i]'There's more than one. Three, three who are sad.'[/i] His front legs slide out in front of him as he tumbled through the brush, coming to a stop in a small clearing. [i]'It's okay. Don't cry. I'm here.'[/i] The stunned trio of dragons he had stumbled into immediately stopped their light-hearted conversation, shocked by a small, icy dragon that fearlessly confronted them through the snow. [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58358700] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/583588/58358700_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"Our time is what we make of it."[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=DARKRED][u]LORETTA[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Curious | Enthusiastic | Sincere[/color][/size][/center] Born on the 18th day. [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Arcane Uncommon / Listener / Morganite: These dragons are able to listen to the thoughts and emotions of others around them, but only what they are thinking and feeling at that moment.[/i] "Why at night?" "Keep your voice low, Loretta" "...But why at night?" Prism looked across the Hollow at each dragon in turn, checking that they remained undisturbed in their slumber. "Powers such as ours can be.. offputting, to those without them. They deem them an invasion upon their privacy." "But I can talk to them so much better when I can see what they meant!" "Shhh. Yes, I know, hatchling." Prism paused again, closing most of his eyes to focus in on his thoughts for a moment. "We can practice honing your powers at night, extending their reach and ability, with the hatchlings within their eggs. They have no secrets yet to themselves that we may be intruding upon. But in your waking hours, it shall be necessary to display restraint. Though we may feel differently, we must respect the wishes of our family and others best we can." The small Nocturne hesitated, but nodded, seeming to trust his words. "D'ya think I could talk to more people besides Props through my magic?" "Only time will tell. There are others that have magics similar to yourself- myself and Naal included- but yours is particular in that it interacts with a dragon, and at any given moment. For now, Prosperity and yourself can communicate by reading the emotions of one another, where you both possess an ability to read the feelings of others. But only those with that type of power can speak in this way. I believe you may be able to strengthen your magic, such that you can not only read emotions, but exert them. That would be true empathetic telepathy." Loretta seemed to think on this, eyeing the ground between her feet as she mulled the idea over. "..Practice makes perfect, right?" "Correct." The young dragon grinned, nodding with a determined look upon her face. She could do this. And it will be so much fun. [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58182297] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581823/58182297_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"I will redeem."[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=DODGERBLUE][u]VINCENTE[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Earnest | Fiery | Just[/color][/size][/center] Joined on the 27th day. [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Fire Common / Pyromancer / Topaz: These dragons can control fire, creating and controlling it. They can use it to great destructive effect, hurling spheres of flame and shaping blazing walls.[/i] 'Go play with a hatchling,' she said. 'Help Loretta learn to fight,' she said. Vincente hardly thinks her rationale justifies the panic this one causes him every time she jumps at something. And oh, he had just about had enough of the day when she was mauled by phytocats. But Loretta seemed none-the-worse. If you looked solely at her attitude. Her hide was a mess. And oh, Glidra would not be happy about that. Her hatchling seemed to be having the time of her life, however. And after the phytocat incident, he'd been the only one taking on new injuries, because he was now acting as her personal meat shield. Oh Flamecaller, could his heart, or pelt, even handle triplets? He could only guess that getting his skills in now, with a much older, stronger hatchling is what his mate had intended. We was kind of a worry-wart. Naal handed off a potion to each of them, grinning ear-to-ear. "You're getting better, Lor! I'd have figured you'd feel more comfortable with magics, but you've really got the swing of claws!" Loretta hopped around him excitedly, "It's been really fun! Maybe Momma and Rinny can help me with attacks too, then?" Naal snorted, Vincente carefully avoiding eye contact. Ah. That was the name he called Riln in private. She was listening in on them. That would be a discussion for later. Beyond the next patch of brush was a ledge, maybe a length or two of a drop. And below, a phytocat had already spotted them. The phytocat in front of them now posed little threat; Loretta had a bit of experience under her belt now, and could easily read their attacks. And the potential to get a jump-strike onto it had her excited enough to immediate run in for the hit. But she was completely focused on the phytocat when the damn plant took its shot. "-LOR!" Naal ran for his sister. Everything seemed to slow down. The phytocat went down at some point. There was blood everywhere. He had to get that plant. He took a flying leap into the tree, scrabbling through the branches after it as it tried to dart out of his reach. But Fire doesn't need touch. It took one (albeit heavy-handed) shot, and it was down. The branches were wet enough from the recent rainfall that they wouldn't spark. Thank the Flamecaller. "Lor, c'mon, wake up! Please!" Vincente shook himself out of his stupor, leaping out of the tree and back to the young dragon. Naal had several empty vials scattered around him, his claws working frantically to apply pressure to the rather large wound on his sister's abdominal. Vincente turned quickly to the bags, grabbing several binds of gauze and passing them off to Naal. She was breathing, but it was faint. "Is she stable?" "Yes, but she needs help, Prism has the supplies back at the Hollow-" "Leave her to me." Naal spun to stare at him, questioning confusion and desperation both written on his face. "I flew from dawn to dusk every last day of my journey- fastest flyer around." Naal sprang to his feet, securing a few more pieces of gauze before helping to secure his sister, his sister who felt weaker by the minute, onto Vincente's back. He had to trust him with this. The Tundra shot up into the air, and flew as fast as his wings could take him. --- Glidra may have given him an earful, but at least she saved the most of it for Loretta when she woke up. [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59254862] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/592549/59254862_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]"Do no harm. Help others thrive."[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=royalblue][u]NIRUIN[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Curious | Kind | Peaceable[/color][/size][/center] [center][b]Age: Young Adult. Born on Day 52 (Grows every 3 days. Will grow next on Day 64)[/b][/center] [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Ice Unusual / Silencer / Celestine: These dragons can seemingly slow down the minds of creatures, and the procession of time itself. They can put others into a deep sleep, and preserve objects exactly as they are indefinitely. Some of them use their powers on themselves, and walk the night for centuries after, emotionless and undying.[/i] [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59286560] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/592866/59286560_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]...[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=darkturquoise][u]EISHETH[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Quiet | Wary[/color][/size][/center] [center][b]Age: Toddler. Born on Day 58 (Grows every 4 days. Will grow next on Day 62)[/b][/center] [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Earth Uncommon / Stoneseer / Jasper:These dragons can sense the structure of their surroundings, even if their eyes are covered or there is a barrier in the way. They can learn to recognize different materials with this sense, and tell where objects are.[/i]

The Clan

"This family is my Charge and I will protect them."
GLIDRA
Protective | Cautious | Introspective
Leader | Original Three
Magic: Ice Unusual / Silencer / Celestine: These dragons can seemingly slow down the minds of creatures, and the procession of time itself. They can put others into a deep sleep, and preserve objects exactly as they are indefinitely. Some of them use their powers on themselves, and walk the night for centuries after, emotionless and undying.

Glidra has always been one with the Ice. It preserves all, endlessly and forever. She had always had a spark for history and artifacts; the Icewarden has kept it all, safe, for them to discover and learn from.

But the Ice preserves all. And the Ice preserved the Sickness.

Her Magic was powerful. Her Magic could near stop time. But her Magic could do nothing to the past, and they had already succumbed.

She could save but three: Herself, Shadesong, and Prism.

They stole into the frozen night, both temperature and time grinding to a halt as they fled before the march of reality could come for them again.

"This fight to survive is the only world that I've known, and I fight to find the world after."
PRISM
Calm | Analytical | Forward-looking
Heir | Original Three
Magic: Shadow Multi-Gaze / Mesmer / Smoky Quartz. These dragons can listen to the dreams of others, and can hear a sleeping dragon from far away. Those who want to stay hidden should stay awake at all costs.

From his nest, he could hear sobbing.

It was faint, almost.. muffled? But he could hear it all the same. He asked his mother about the crying, but she asked him to go play with his siblings instead of imaginary friends. But he heard it, he did! And every day it got louder.
---
The rocks fell away, and the Gaolers roamed the skies, free at last. But the very moment that the rubble had fallen away, the cries were deafening.

In that moment, he knew that they were all going to die.

"I can hear the past, and it gives me power to change the future."
NAAL
Enthusiastic | Daring | Empathetic
Born on the 3rd day.

Magic: Water Uncommon / Deepwatcher / Azurite: These dragons are able to see events that happened in the past, at the location they are currently in.

He could hear crying.

Deep, mournful sobbing that wretched through the body of whoever it had taken.

Most of his body tingled lightly- he was sleeping, but could not entirely forego the cold around him. But the crying grew closer.

He tapped against the shell of his egg. 'I want to find them. I want to help them.' The tapping turned to scratching, his claws scrapping grooves into the thick shell. 'Don't be sad. It's okay.' A claw pierced through the lining.

A shivering wind bit his once-shielded hide, causing him to fluff up his feathered mane against the cold. He dragged his claw downward, widening the opening, and pulling shards of shell through. Once the hole was large enough for a head, he rolled onto his back and kicked, shattering the side of his egg.

Crawling out, he blinked against the brightness of the icy snow that reflected the moon's glowing light. 'Where are you? I'm over here.'

He could hear the crying pick up again, and he clumsily fumbled on his new legs toward the sound. 'There's more than one. Three, three who are sad.' His front legs slide out in front of him as he tumbled through the brush, coming to a stop in a small clearing.

'It's okay. Don't cry. I'm here.'

The stunned trio of dragons he had stumbled into immediately stopped their light-hearted conversation, shocked by a small, icy dragon that fearlessly confronted them through the snow.

"Our time is what we make of it."
LORETTA
Curious | Enthusiastic | Sincere
Born on the 18th day.

Magic: Arcane Uncommon / Listener / Morganite: These dragons are able to listen to the thoughts and emotions of others around them, but only what they are thinking and feeling at that moment.

"Why at night?"
"Keep your voice low, Loretta"
"...But why at night?"

Prism looked across the Hollow at each dragon in turn, checking that they remained undisturbed in their slumber.

"Powers such as ours can be.. offputting, to those without them. They deem them an invasion upon their privacy."
"But I can talk to them so much better when I can see what they meant!"
"Shhh. Yes, I know, hatchling."

Prism paused again, closing most of his eyes to focus in on his thoughts for a moment.

"We can practice honing your powers at night, extending their reach and ability, with the hatchlings within their eggs. They have no secrets yet to themselves that we may be intruding upon.

But in your waking hours, it shall be necessary to display restraint. Though we may feel differently, we must respect the wishes of our family and others best we can."

The small Nocturne hesitated, but nodded, seeming to trust his words.

"D'ya think I could talk to more people besides Props through my magic?"
"Only time will tell. There are others that have magics similar to yourself- myself and Naal included- but yours is particular in that it interacts with a dragon, and at any given moment.

For now, Prosperity and yourself can communicate by reading the emotions of one another, where you both possess an ability to read the feelings of others. But only those with that type of power can speak in this way. I believe you may be able to strengthen your magic, such that you can not only read emotions, but exert them. That would be true empathetic telepathy."

Loretta seemed to think on this, eyeing the ground between her feet as she mulled the idea over.

"..Practice makes perfect, right?"
"Correct."

The young dragon grinned, nodding with a determined look upon her face. She could do this. And it will be so much fun.

"I will redeem."
VINCENTE
Earnest | Fiery | Just
Joined on the 27th day.

Magic: Fire Common / Pyromancer / Topaz: These dragons can control fire, creating and controlling it. They can use it to great destructive effect, hurling spheres of flame and shaping blazing walls.

'Go play with a hatchling,' she said. 'Help Loretta learn to fight,' she said.

Vincente hardly thinks her rationale justifies the panic this one causes him every time she jumps at something.

And oh, he had just about had enough of the day when she was mauled by phytocats. But Loretta seemed none-the-worse. If you looked solely at her attitude. Her hide was a mess.

And oh, Glidra would not be happy about that.

Her hatchling seemed to be having the time of her life, however. And after the phytocat incident, he'd been the only one taking on new injuries, because he was now acting as her personal meat shield.

Oh Flamecaller, could his heart, or pelt, even handle triplets?

He could only guess that getting his skills in now, with a much older, stronger hatchling is what his mate had intended. We was kind of a worry-wart.

Naal handed off a potion to each of them, grinning ear-to-ear. "You're getting better, Lor! I'd have figured you'd feel more comfortable with magics, but you've really got the swing of claws!"

Loretta hopped around him excitedly, "It's been really fun! Maybe Momma and Rinny can help me with attacks too, then?"

Naal snorted, Vincente carefully avoiding eye contact. Ah. That was the name he called Riln in private. She was listening in on them. That would be a discussion for later.

Beyond the next patch of brush was a ledge, maybe a length or two of a drop. And below, a phytocat had already spotted them.

The phytocat in front of them now posed little threat; Loretta had a bit of experience under her belt now, and could easily read their attacks. And the potential to get a jump-strike onto it had her excited enough to immediate run in for the hit.

But she was completely focused on the phytocat when the damn plant took its shot.

"-LOR!"

Naal ran for his sister. Everything seemed to slow down. The phytocat went down at some point. There was blood everywhere.

He had to get that plant.

He took a flying leap into the tree, scrabbling through the branches after it as it tried to dart out of his reach.

But Fire doesn't need touch.

It took one (albeit heavy-handed) shot, and it was down. The branches were wet enough from the recent rainfall that they wouldn't spark. Thank the Flamecaller.

"Lor, c'mon, wake up! Please!"

Vincente shook himself out of his stupor, leaping out of the tree and back to the young dragon. Naal had several empty vials scattered around him, his claws working frantically to apply pressure to the rather large wound on his sister's abdominal.

Vincente turned quickly to the bags, grabbing several binds of gauze and passing them off to Naal. She was breathing, but it was faint.

"Is she stable?"

"Yes, but she needs help, Prism has the supplies back at the Hollow-"

"Leave her to me." Naal spun to stare at him, questioning confusion and desperation both written on his face. "I flew from dawn to dusk every last day of my journey- fastest flyer around."

Naal sprang to his feet, securing a few more pieces of gauze before helping to secure his sister, his sister who felt weaker by the minute, onto Vincente's back. He had to trust him with this.

The Tundra shot up into the air, and flew as fast as his wings could take him.

---

Glidra may have given him an earful, but at least she saved the most of it for Loretta when she woke up.

"Do no harm. Help others thrive."
NIRUIN
Curious | Kind | Peaceable
Age: Young Adult. Born on Day 52 (Grows every 3 days. Will grow next on Day 64)
Magic: Ice Unusual / Silencer / Celestine: These dragons can seemingly slow down the minds of creatures, and the procession of time itself. They can put others into a deep sleep, and preserve objects exactly as they are indefinitely. Some of them use their powers on themselves, and walk the night for centuries after, emotionless and undying.

EISHETH
Quiet | Wary
Age: Toddler. Born on Day 58 (Grows every 4 days. Will grow next on Day 62)
Magic: Earth Uncommon / Stoneseer / Jasper:These dragons can sense the structure of their surroundings, even if their eyes are covered or there is a barrier in the way. They can learn to recognize different materials with this sense, and tell where objects are.
[rule] [rule] [center][size=7][color=firebrick][b]Graveyard[/b][/color][/size][/center] [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57617857] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/576179/57617857_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]This land is harsh but we are ruthless.[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=firebrick]SHADESONG[/color][/b][/size] Protective | Determined | Mindful Shot by Plague-touched centaur arrows. Joined: Day 1 Died: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41902956]Day 20[/url] [b]Original Three[/b][/center] Parent to: Naal, Riln Mate of: Glidra [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Nature Uncommon / Naturalist / Jade: These dragons are very difficult to seriously hurt, since they can heal their own wounds within seconds and resist almost all poisons.[/i] The flora had always spoken to him. But he supposed fauna had its merits as well. "Dad, what's this one?" The small Coatl at his side prodded at a small plant with broad leaves. He knelt down next to his son, lifting the leaf to display its various details, so that Naal could later identify it. "This is a plantain leaf. The fibers are stringy, but the entire plant is edible. You'll find them in just about any area of distressed land. They're hardy, strong things." "Like us!" Shadesong paused, smiling. Naal was learning the power of flora, and their significance, very quickly. "Yes, like us." [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58836763] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/588368/58836763_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Against it, we persevere.[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=SALMON][u]ROEN[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Timid | Patient | Open-Minded[/color][/size][/center] [center]Shot through the heart with centaur magic. Born: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42103247]Day 36[/url] Died: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42268111]Day 48[/url][/center] Child of: Riln, Vincente [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Wind Rare / Skymaster / Marble: These dragons can teleport themselves and objects or creatures touching them to another location on Sornieth.[/i] Her mother hadn't agreed at first, and her son hadn't exactly been.. enthusiastic about the idea, but at his age, he needed to learn to defend himself. The land that they lived in was dangerous. He had to ingrain his abilities now, make it instinct. Icewarden knows it's the only thing that saved Loretta. Though he stuck close to her side, she could see the power behind his magic. He took heavy hits, but with a mere touch he could send foes 15 lengths into the air, plummeting downward. Though he shied away from using his claws, his potential was limitless. Even though cautious, they swept through their enemies after a nerve-wracking period that seemed to span out for far longer than it actually was. She would have to confront mother about that nervous time-slowly tick of hers. There was only so much of the battle stress that she could take. But the Wind showed her true, and she delivered a powerful blow to the owlcat before her. It took her a moment to realize that the enemies in the clearing had all been slain, and Roen was nudging her shoulder with his head, trying to get her attention. "Mom, will I be able to do that, someday?" She smiled down at him. Perhaps he had some fight in him yet. She untangled the wing piece from the owlcat, securing it about his shoulders, "That and more, my son. Just you wait." [rule] [rule] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58257711] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/582578/58257711_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][i]Our Warden and our will, that is what guides us.[/i][/center] [center][size=5][b][color=MEDIUMORCHID][u]RILN[/u][/color][/b][/size][/center] [center][size=3][color=gray]Free-Spirit | Energetic | Quiet[/color][/size][/center] [center]Spine snapped by a massive Flowering Pohip Born: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41880705]Day 14[/url] Died: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42398407]Day 56[/url][/center] Child of: Glidra, Shadesong Parent to: Roen, Niruin Mate of: Vincente [i][b][u]Magic:[/u][/b] Wind Uncommon / Gustborne / Malachite: These dragons can dissolve into an intangible, ghostly form, in which they can float and pass through all solid objects. Doing this will leave behind anything they had been wearing or carrying.[/i] As Riln grew older, Glidra began to notice some changes in her daughter. It began when she grew into her magic. Every once in awhile, her scales seemed to fade in and out of existence, as if incorporeal. It seemed that, true to the shade of her eyes, she had developed a type of Wind magic. Shadesong and herself had never been completely certain of the capabilities that their daughter would possess, as their eggs had taken on an Ice and Wind hybridization in their appearance, having been laid so close to the boundary between the two domains. Her eyes at birth were pale, so pale that their primary color was difficult to discern. The future of her magical abilities would be a complete mystery until the day that Riln herself discovered them. And as Riln became more confident in her abilities, she began to become much more active. She ran about the cave, taking leaps into the air and stretching her wings. It was difficult to keep her inside the safety of the hollow's walls, where the centaurs would not touch her. She could only assume that this spirit came from her Wind nature as well. But the first shock came when her precious hatchling began to disappear. She would see her in one moment, blink, and she would be gone. Glidra would always find her again after just a few moments, either behind her or out of her sight in some other way, at times popping out of seemingly nowhere to try to surprise her. But her disappearances were far too abrupt to feel as if her daughter had simply been swift on her feet. She realized what was happening for the first time when Riln was bouncing about the cavern one day, leaping higher and higher into the air before she simply.. disintegrated, or something of the sort, her body only visible in small wisps of color before disappearing completely. She reappeared just a brief moment later, several feet ahead of where she had previously been. And, well, she supposed that Riln's magic must be one with the Wind itself. Though it initially caused her no shortage of panic. But the more that she saw her hatchling practice her magic, the more.. faded, she appeared. The stripes of her hide, the ones that had looked so much like her father's at first, had slowly begun to wash away until she was covered only in sleek shades of purples and blues. Prism had begun to study her habits in an attempt to work out all that the clash of Ice and Wind could potentially have affected Riln's development. Loretta, who had taken a quite a liking to Prism, was frequently at his side, chirping and attempting to run alongside her sister. It was honestly extremely adorable, and Loretta appeared to be trying to copy the Winded teleporting that her sister could perform. Perhaps, with her Arcanity, she would one day teleport alongside her as well. But one thing is for sure: Riln's personality had grown. What was once a shy, withdrawn hatchling grew into a vibrant, energetic, passionate, though still quiet, young dragon. She would become a great dragon that she will have been proud to have raised.

Graveyard

This land is harsh but we are ruthless.
SHADESONG
Protective | Determined | Mindful

Shot by Plague-touched centaur arrows.
Died: Day 20

Original Three
Parent to: Naal, Riln
Mate of: Glidra

Magic: Nature Uncommon / Naturalist / Jade: These dragons are very difficult to seriously hurt, since they can heal their own wounds within seconds and resist almost all poisons.

The flora had always spoken to him. But he supposed fauna had its merits as well.

"Dad, what's this one?" The small Coatl at his side prodded at a small plant with broad leaves. He knelt down next to his son, lifting the leaf to display its various details, so that Naal could later identify it.

"This is a plantain leaf. The fibers are stringy, but the entire plant is edible. You'll find them in just about any area of distressed land. They're hardy, strong things."

"Like us!"

Shadesong paused, smiling. Naal was learning the power of flora, and their significance, very quickly.

"Yes, like us."

Against it, we persevere.
ROEN
Timid | Patient | Open-Minded
Shot through the heart with centaur magic.
Born: Day 36
Died: Day 48

Child of: Riln, Vincente

Magic: Wind Rare / Skymaster / Marble: These dragons can teleport themselves and objects or creatures touching them to another location on Sornieth.

Her mother hadn't agreed at first, and her son hadn't exactly been.. enthusiastic about the idea, but at his age, he needed to learn to defend himself. The land that they lived in was dangerous. He had to ingrain his abilities now, make it instinct.

Icewarden knows it's the only thing that saved Loretta.

Though he stuck close to her side, she could see the power behind his magic. He took heavy hits, but with a mere touch he could send foes 15 lengths into the air, plummeting downward. Though he shied away from using his claws, his potential was limitless.

Even though cautious, they swept through their enemies after a nerve-wracking period that seemed to span out for far longer than it actually was.

She would have to confront mother about that nervous time-slowly tick of hers. There was only so much of the battle stress that she could take. But the Wind showed her true, and she delivered a powerful blow to the owlcat before her.

It took her a moment to realize that the enemies in the clearing had all been slain, and Roen was nudging her shoulder with his head, trying to get her attention.

"Mom, will I be able to do that, someday?"

She smiled down at him. Perhaps he had some fight in him yet.

She untangled the wing piece from the owlcat, securing it about his shoulders, "That and more, my son. Just you wait."

Our Warden and our will, that is what guides us.
RILN
Free-Spirit | Energetic | Quiet
Spine snapped by a massive Flowering Pohip
Born: Day 14
Died: Day 56

Child of: Glidra, Shadesong
Parent to: Roen, Niruin
Mate of: Vincente

Magic: Wind Uncommon / Gustborne / Malachite: These dragons can dissolve into an intangible, ghostly form, in which they can float and pass through all solid objects. Doing this will leave behind anything they had been wearing or carrying.

As Riln grew older, Glidra began to notice some changes in her daughter. It began when she grew into her magic. Every once in awhile, her scales seemed to fade in and out of existence, as if incorporeal. It seemed that, true to the shade of her eyes, she had developed a type of Wind magic.

Shadesong and herself had never been completely certain of the capabilities that their daughter would possess, as their eggs had taken on an Ice and Wind hybridization in their appearance, having been laid so close to the boundary between the two domains. Her eyes at birth were pale, so pale that their primary color was difficult to discern. The future of her magical abilities would be a complete mystery until the day that Riln herself discovered them.

And as Riln became more confident in her abilities, she began to become much more active. She ran about the cave, taking leaps into the air and stretching her wings. It was difficult to keep her inside the safety of the hollow's walls, where the centaurs would not touch her. She could only assume that this spirit came from her Wind nature as well.

But the first shock came when her precious hatchling began to disappear. She would see her in one moment, blink, and she would be gone. Glidra would always find her again after just a few moments, either behind her or out of her sight in some other way, at times popping out of seemingly nowhere to try to surprise her. But her disappearances were far too abrupt to feel as if her daughter had simply been swift on her feet.

She realized what was happening for the first time when Riln was bouncing about the cavern one day, leaping higher and higher into the air before she simply.. disintegrated, or something of the sort, her body only visible in small wisps of color before disappearing completely. She reappeared just a brief moment later, several feet ahead of where she had previously been. And, well, she supposed that Riln's magic must be one with the Wind itself. Though it initially caused her no shortage of panic.

But the more that she saw her hatchling practice her magic, the more.. faded, she appeared. The stripes of her hide, the ones that had looked so much like her father's at first, had slowly begun to wash away until she was covered only in sleek shades of purples and blues.

Prism had begun to study her habits in an attempt to work out all that the clash of Ice and Wind could potentially have affected Riln's development. Loretta, who had taken a quite a liking to Prism, was frequently at his side, chirping and attempting to run alongside her sister. It was honestly extremely adorable, and Loretta appeared to be trying to copy the Winded teleporting that her sister could perform. Perhaps, with her Arcanity, she would one day teleport alongside her as well.

But one thing is for sure: Riln's personality had grown. What was once a shy, withdrawn hatchling grew into a vibrant, energetic, passionate, though still quiet, young dragon. She would become a great dragon that she will have been proud to have raised.
[rule] [rule] [center][b][size=7][color=firebrick]Our Days, Numbered[/color][/size][/b][/center] [rule] [rule] [quote="Month One"] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/1#post_41744080]Day 1[/url] [b]Material Unknown[/b] [item=sparrow skull][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/1#post_41744116]Day 2[/url] [b]Material Unknown[/b] [item=sparrow skull][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/1#post_41744263]Day 3[/url] [b]Material Unknown[/b] [item=sparrow skull][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41744316]Day 4[/url] [b]Apparel[/b] [item=scarlet satin tunic][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41744539]Day 5[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=herbalist's satchel][/center][/columns] [columns][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41744699]Day 6[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=driftwood branch][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41744748]Day 7[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=noxious coralclimber toxin][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41751069]Day 8[/url] [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=berserker][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41768334]Day 9[/url] [b]Food: Meat[/b] [item=cave gecko][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41779753]Day 10[/url] [b]Apparel[/b] [item=Tarnished Steel Pauldrons][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/2#post_41879181]Day 11[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=damaged battlehorn][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41879665]Day 12[/url] [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Berserker][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41880240]Day 13[/url] [b]Food: Seafood[/b] [item=Pastel Scallop][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41880705]Day 14[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Forest Field Guide][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41880824]Day 15[/url] [b]Food: Plant[/b] [item=Wild Onion][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41881344]Day 16[/url] [b]Food: Seafood[/b] [item=Sparkling Crayfish][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41881349]Day 17[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Steel Longneck Helmet][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41902389]Day 18[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Glowing Tail][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41902771]Day 19[/url] [b]Apparel[/b] [item=Pretty Buttercup Arm Bow][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41902956]Day 20[/url] [b]Food: Plant[/b] [item=Umbra Parthenium][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/3#post_41922753]Day 21[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Blooming Vine][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_41931632]Day 22[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Skein of Silky Yarn][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_41950286]Day 23[/url] [b]Food: Plant[/b] [item=Cattail][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42003028]Day 24[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Enchanted Remains][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42003518]Day 25[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Ash Twigs][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42003897]Day 26[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Bluestreaked Shell][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42004734]Day 27[/url] [b]Familiar[/b] [item=Sparkling Stinger][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42014709]Day 28[/url] [b]Food: Seafood[/b] [item=Sea Sparrow][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42014709]Day 29[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Brilliant Feather Cluster][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42046489]Day 30[/url] [b]Apparel[/b] [item=Paper Pearlcatcher Masque][/center] [/columns] [/quote] [quote="Month Two"] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42048804]Day 31[/url] [b]Food: Meat[/b] [item=Southern Gull][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/4#post_42094225]Day 32[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Zalis Weaving][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42094751]Day 33[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Unstable Serthis Concoction][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42095407]Day 34[/url] [b]Food: Meat[/b] [item=Blue-footed Gull][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42099943]Day 35[/url] [b]Food: Plant[/b] [item=Amaranth][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42103247]Day 36[/url] [b]Food: Insect[/b] [item=Fanned Cockroach][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42114827]Day 37[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Zeeba Horn][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42134507]Day 38[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Coal][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42134713]Day 39[/url] [b]Food: Insect[/b] [item=Common Mosquito][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42144707]Day 40[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Emerald Brooch][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42191283]Day 41[/url] [b]Food: Insect[/b] [item=Albino Dasher][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/5#post_42191595]Day 42[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Staghorn Coral][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42192541]Day 43[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Balanced Walking Sticks][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42192623]Day 44[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Duelist Hilt][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42193565]Day 45[/url] [b]Food: Plant[/b] [item=Lucky Star][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42213388]Day 46[/url] [b]Food: Insect[/b] [item=Mobile Stick][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42213692]Day 47[/url] [b]Apparel[/b] [item=Daisy Flowerfall][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42268111]Day 48[/url] [b]Food: Seafood[/b] [item=Snowflake Eel][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 49 [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Pulsing Relic][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/6#post_42270563]Day 50[/url] [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Ambush][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42271085]Day 51[/url] [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Scholar][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42278029]Day 52[/url] [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Discipline][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42288698]Day 53[/url] [b]Food: Meat[/b] [item=Firebearer][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42347700]Day 54[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Historical Text][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42348176]Day 55[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Fungus-Covered Branch][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42398407]Day 56[/url] [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Stuffed Pincushion][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42399285]Day 57[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Chrome Laser Head][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42437882]Day 58[/url] [b]Apparel[/b] [item=Cat's Leg Armor][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/7#post_42438338]Day 59[/url] [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Berserker][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/8#post_42477588]Day 60[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Small Legbones][/center] [/columns] [/quote] [quote="Month Three"] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/8#post_42484582]Day 61[/url] [b]Food: Meat[/b] [item=Weasel][/center] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2800082/8#post_42490387]Day 62[/url] [b]Material[/b] [item=Fishing Net][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 63 [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Berserker][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 64 [b]Food: Meat[/b] [item=Plague Bat][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 65 [b]Battle Item[/b] [item=Berserker][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center]Day 66 [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Coppercoil Segment][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 67 [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Flowering Vulpine Plushie][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 68 [b]Food: Seafood[/b] [item=Clownfish][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 69 [b]Familiar[/b] [item=Marbled Jester][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 70 [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Fossilized Fish][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center]Day 71 [b]Familiar[/b] [item=Frostbite Dryad][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 72 [b]Food: Seafood[/b] [item=Deepsea Yawner][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 73 [b]Familiar[/b] [item=Black Iron Creeper][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 74 [b]Material[/b] [item=Tattered Canvas Scrap][/center] [nextcol] [center]Day 75 [b]Trinket[/b] [item=Sorceress' Loopbelt][/center] [/columns] [columns] [center]Day 76 [b]Food: Plant[/b] [item=Greenstripe Amaranth][/center] [/columns] [/quote]

Our Days, Numbered

Month One wrote:
Day 1

Material
Unknown

Sparrow Skull
Day 2

Material
Unknown

Sparrow Skull
Day 3

Material
Unknown

Sparrow Skull
Day 4

Apparel

Scarlet Satin Tunic
Day 5

Material

Herbalist's Satchel
Day 6

Material

Driftwood Branch
Day 7

Material

Noxious Coralclimber Toxin
Day 8

Battle Item

Berserker
Day 9

Food:
Meat

Cave Gecko
Day 10

Apparel

Tarnished Steel Pauldrons
Day 11

Trinket

Damaged Battlehorn
Day 12

Battle Item

Berserker
Day 13

Food:
Seafood

Pastel Scallop
Day 14

Trinket

Forest Field Guide
Day 15

Food:
Plant

Wild Onion
Day 16

Food:
Seafood

Sparkling Crayfish
Day 17

Trinket

Steel Longneck Helmet
Day 18

Material

Glowing Tail
Day 19

Apparel

Pretty Buttercup Arm Bow
Day 20

Food:
Plant

Umbra Parthenium
Day 21

Material

Blooming Vine
Day 22

Material

Skein of Silky Yarn
Day 23

Food:
Plant

Cattail
Day 24

Material

Enchanted Remains
Day 25

Material

Ash Twigs
Day 26

Material

Bluestreaked Shell
Day 27

Familiar

Sparkling Stinger
Day 28

Food:
Seafood

Sea Sparrow
Day 29

Material

Brilliant Feather Cluster
Day 30

Apparel

Paper Pearlcatcher Masque
Month Two wrote:
Day 31

Food:
Meat

Southern Gull
Day 32

Material

Zalis Weaving
Day 33

Material

Unstable Serthis Concoction
Day 34

Food:
Meat

Blue-footed Gull
Day 35

Food:
Plant

Amaranth
Day 36

Food:
Insect

Fanned Cockroach
Day 37

Material

Zeeba Horn
Day 38

Material

Coal
Day 39

Food:
Insect

Common Mosquito
Day 40

Trinket

Emerald Brooch
Day 41

Food:
Insect

Albino Dasher
Day 42

Material

Staghorn Coral
Day 43

Trinket

Balanced Walking Sticks
Day 44

Trinket

Duelist Hilt
Day 45

Food:
Plant

Lucky Star
Day 46

Food:
Insect

Mobile Stick
Day 47

Apparel

Daisy Flowerfall
Day 48

Food:
Seafood

Snowflake Eel
Day 49

Trinket

Pulsing Relic
Day 50

Battle Item

Ambush
Day 51

Battle Item

Scholar
Day 52

Battle Item

Discipline
Day 53

Food:
Meat

Firebearer
Day 54

Trinket

Historical Text
Day 55

Material

Fungus-Covered Branch
Day 56

Trinket

Stuffed Pincushion
Day 57

Material

Chrome Laser Head
Day 58

Apparel

Cat's Leg Armor
Day 59

Battle Item

Berserker
Day 60

Material

Small Legbones
Month Three wrote:
Day 61

Food:
Meat

Weasel
Day 62

Material

Fishing Net
Day 63

Battle Item

Berserker
Day 64

Food:
Meat

Plague Bat
Day 65

Battle Item

Berserker
Day 66

Trinket

Coppercoil Segment
Day 67

Trinket

Flowering Vulpine Plushie
Day 68

Food:
Seafood

Clownfish
Day 69

Familiar

Marbled Jester
Day 70

Trinket

Fossilized Fish
Day 71

Familiar

Frostbite Dryad
Day 72

Food:
Seafood

Deepsea Yawner
Day 73

Familiar

Black Iron Creeper
Day 74

Material

Tattered Canvas Scrap
Day 75

Trinket

Sorceress' Loopbelt
Day 76

Food:
Plant

Greenstripe Amaranth
Pinglist
@SkyBlaze @minervamaga @riazaia @Snowfoot
Pinglist
@SkyBlaze @minervamaga @riazaia @Snowfoot
[center][b]Day 1[/b][/center] [center][i]Material[/i] [item=sparrow skull][/center] [rule] [b]The clan establishes itself.[/b] Clan members are given magical affinities. [rule] [i][b][u]Glidra:[/u][/b] Ice Unusual / Silencer / Celestine: These dragons can seemingly slow down the minds of creatures, and the procession of time itself. They can put others into a deep sleep, and preserve objects exactly as they are indefinitely. Some of them use their powers on themselves, and walk the night for centuries after, emotionless and undying.[/i] [i][b][u]Shadesong:[/u][/b] Nature Uncommon / Naturalist / Jade: These dragons are very difficult to seriously hurt, since they can heal their own wounds within seconds and resist almost all poisons.[/i] [i][b][u]Prism:[/u][/b] Shadow Multi-Gaze / Mesmer / Smoky Quartz. These dragons can listen to the dreams of others, and can hear a sleeping dragon from far away. Those who want to stay hidden should stay awake at all costs.[/i]
Day 1
Material
Sparrow Skull

The clan establishes itself. Clan members are given magical affinities.

Glidra: Ice Unusual / Silencer / Celestine: These dragons can seemingly slow down the minds of creatures, and the procession of time itself. They can put others into a deep sleep, and preserve objects exactly as they are indefinitely. Some of them use their powers on themselves, and walk the night for centuries after, emotionless and undying.

Shadesong: Nature Uncommon / Naturalist / Jade: These dragons are very difficult to seriously hurt, since they can heal their own wounds within seconds and resist almost all poisons.

Prism: Shadow Multi-Gaze / Mesmer / Smoky Quartz. These dragons can listen to the dreams of others, and can hear a sleeping dragon from far away. Those who want to stay hidden should stay awake at all costs.
[center][b]Day 2[/b][/center] [center][i]Material[/i] [item=sparrow skull][/center] [rule] [b]The clan establishes itself.[/b] Initial clan background in place. [rule] [b]The Clan of the Phoenix[/b] is a small, nomadic band of dragons that are all that remains of a once flourishing clan of the Southern Icefields. With the appearance of the Gaolers, a long-slumbering sickness of the once-sealed cave systems near their homelands quickly overtook their clan. Weary and broken, all that remained of their kin were two Guardian dragons and a Mirror. Taking nothing with them, leaving all that could be contaminated behind, the trio set off into the blizzarding landscape that had once been a comfort, but now was a cruel hellscape hindering their escape. But this sickness would die behind them, and they would find new land. [center]---[/center] Distrusting caves, by the time that the group had reached safe ground to rest in, they had wandered a great distance from their old home. Collapsing into a small copse of dense evergreens, they immediately heard quiet chirrups coming from the shrubs around them. Glidra, ever the natural leader, went to inspect the noise that sounded far too large to be simple prey. Amongst frosted and dry foliage, she found a fragile bird of ash and smoke, trembling against the harsh winter winds. The wave of sympathy that she felt for the creature was instant- in a way, this poor creature was just like them: battered, desperate enough to call for help from potential predators, and far, far from home. The small family decided then to rename themselves: The Clan of the Phoenix. They will rise again from the ashes, and their family will grow to the heights it once had. The small Smoke Gyre, now named Prosperity, became the light that they would follow, and their source of inspiration to carry on. [center]---[/center] The small group, due to the sickness that enveloped their clan, mistrusts Plague dragons and all Ancient breeds, fearing that they may hold strands of illness that would ravage them once more.
Day 2
Material
Sparrow Skull

The clan establishes itself. Initial clan background in place.

The Clan of the Phoenix is a small, nomadic band of dragons that are all that remains of a once flourishing clan of the Southern Icefields.

With the appearance of the Gaolers, a long-slumbering sickness of the once-sealed cave systems near their homelands quickly overtook their clan. Weary and broken, all that remained of their kin were two Guardian dragons and a Mirror.

Taking nothing with them, leaving all that could be contaminated behind, the trio set off into the blizzarding landscape that had once been a comfort, but now was a cruel hellscape hindering their escape. But this sickness would die behind them, and they would find new land.
---

Distrusting caves, by the time that the group had reached safe ground to rest in, they had wandered a great distance from their old home. Collapsing into a small copse of dense evergreens, they immediately heard quiet chirrups coming from the shrubs around them. Glidra, ever the natural leader, went to inspect the noise that sounded far too large to be simple prey.

Amongst frosted and dry foliage, she found a fragile bird of ash and smoke, trembling against the harsh winter winds. The wave of sympathy that she felt for the creature was instant- in a way, this poor creature was just like them: battered, desperate enough to call for help from potential predators, and far, far from home.

The small family decided then to rename themselves: The Clan of the Phoenix. They will rise again from the ashes, and their family will grow to the heights it once had. The small Smoke Gyre, now named Prosperity, became the light that they would follow, and their source of inspiration to carry on.
---

The small group, due to the sickness that enveloped their clan, mistrusts Plague dragons and all Ancient breeds, fearing that they may hold strands of illness that would ravage them once more.
[center][b]Day 3[/b][/center] [center][i]Material[/i] [item=sparrow skull][/center] [rule] [b]Glidra's lore is established.[/b] Pieces of the clan's beginnings are elaborated on here. [rule] Glidra has always been one with the Ice. It preserves all, endlessly and forever. She had always had a spark for history and artifacts; the Icewarden has kept it all, safe, for them to discover and learn from. But the Ice preserves all. And the Ice preserved the Sickness. Her Magic was powerful. Her Magic could near stop time. But her Magic could do nothing to the past, and they had already succumbed. She could save but three: Herself, [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57617857]Shadesong[/url], and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56275357]Prism[/url]. They stole into the frozen night, both temperature and time grinding to a halt as they fled before the march of reality could come for them again.
Day 3
Material
Sparrow Skull

Glidra's lore is established. Pieces of the clan's beginnings are elaborated on here.

Glidra has always been one with the Ice. It preserves all, endlessly and forever. She had always had a spark for history and artifacts; the Icewarden has kept it all, safe, for them to discover and learn from.

But the Ice preserves all. And the Ice preserved the Sickness.

Her Magic was powerful. Her Magic could near stop time. But her Magic could do nothing to the past, and they had already succumbed.

She could save but three: Herself, Shadesong, and Prism.

They stole into the frozen night, both temperature and time grinding to a halt as they fled before the march of reality could come for them again.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8