Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [HIATUS] From Thawed Soil We Came
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
@Mutation

Please put me on all pinglists! This story so far has inspired me to start my own Nuzlocke. I wish you luck!
@Mutation

Please put me on all pinglists! This story so far has inspired me to start my own Nuzlocke. I wish you luck!
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
I love the story it is very very intresting!!!
May I be on the ping list for the story and giveaway, I want to make sure I stay up to date!
I love the story it is very very intresting!!!
May I be on the ping list for the story and giveaway, I want to make sure I stay up to date!
sxrFjUf.gif
@Mutation This is so interesting, I love the way you've formatted the lore and the characters are already holding my heart in their claws! I like how Ebhaal and Bunefohl have such contrasting personalities yet manage to get along so well. Can I be put on the pinglist for regular updates only, please?
@Mutation This is so interesting, I love the way you've formatted the lore and the characters are already holding my heart in their claws! I like how Ebhaal and Bunefohl have such contrasting personalities yet manage to get along so well. Can I be put on the pinglist for regular updates only, please?
NPRRENH.png Pvpj7y6.png orOASL4.png aromantic-hearts-alt.png
@GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery Adding! Thank you for all the love! [emoji=banescale love size=1] @Hisscale You don't know how heartwarming your post was to read! I'm really happy I could inspire you! Do you have a thread/pinglist yet? I would love to be kept up-to-date on things! [emoji=banescale love size=1] Adding to the pinglists! @secretlylying Thank you for the wonderful compliment!! Growing up together made it so they are very close, but their differing elements and personalities do make them into individuals who work quite distinctly differently when compared! They are compatible and cover each others' flaws in places, but they've had to work for it. Adding~! Update coming in a few minutes!
@GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery Adding! Thank you for all the love!

@Hisscale You don't know how heartwarming your post was to read! I'm really happy I could inspire you! Do you have a thread/pinglist yet? I would love to be kept up-to-date on things! Adding to the pinglists!

@secretlylying Thank you for the wonderful compliment!! Growing up together made it so they are very close, but their differing elements and personalities do make them into individuals who work quite distinctly differently when compared! They are compatible and cover each others' flaws in places, but they've had to work for it. Adding~!

Update coming in a few minutes!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[center][size=6][color=#2b67b3][b][font=Georgia]Post seven, chapter I:[/font][/b] [font=Georgia][i]Going just slightly batty[/i][/font][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/wQS70u9.png[/img] [/center] [center][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2792593#post_41582670]Jump to table of contents[/url][/size][/center] [center][color=#69462b][i]In the days following our discovery of the strange egg, Ebhaal and I continued to alternate our night watches. During the day, my dear friend and I worked hard to improve the clan’s security. With Seghunin’s help I drafted up plans for a central grounds expansion, to create more sleeping burrows and to provide better protection for the nesting site. Our adopted daughter meanwhile also threw her all into training with Serge and the other blue Charger, whom she had named Willow. Bit of an odd name for such a strong creature in my humble opinion, but Willow seemed to like it. Seghunin also gradually revealed herself to have an amazing protective and nurturing instinct. She would frequently ask me or Ebhaal if she could take the night’s watch and keep the egg safe, but we didn’t like the idea of leaving her up-top alone at night before she had ever tasted the reality of battle. We suggested she could look after another egg once she started her training, if we found it. It took almost a week in all, but at last I had this egg hatching under my watchful eyes one moon-lit night. Holding it carefully in my wings, I urged Ebhaal awake. Both of my fellow clan members emerged from the burrow, and we sat, practically enraptured, as the purple egg lost more and more of its’ protective plating as the little hatchling pushed at the shell from within. The baby dragon chirped in a high pitch, and we saw flashes of a par of bright, electric blue eyes. This egg took longer to hatch than Seghunin’s had, the hatchling within not as large as our first foundling had been. After a decent wait, though, we had our fourth clan member. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=2633&did=57901510][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=151&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=0e327e71622571d8c0e81609750bebf08d4f43cd&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] A boy this time, again of a species we didn’t recognize from anywhere but some quick glances we had stolen of strangers as terrified hatchlings. Blinking his shiny eyes open, he chirped at the three of us. Binthrahl, we named him, meaning “Son of the spark”, for the brightness and intelligent shine of his eyes. Binthrahl, even at a few hours old, was [b]unstoppable.[/b] He needed to know everything, see every sight, test out whatever he could get his tiny claws on. A quick little fella, I had to follow him constantly to not lose track. When he wasn’t looking at me, those dark wings could make him practically invisible in the dead of night. I thought it odd that he had hatched at night, but for him it seemed to be prime time to explore. Thank Lightweaver I had the ability to summon some radiance so I could see in the darkness. Though it did become sleepless night for me, there was work to be done by morning. While Ebhaal watched the still-tireless newborn, Seghunin and I set off to chop some trees down to be used in clan structures. The territory perimeter would likely be a simple wooden fence or stone wall with a more substantial barrier erected around the main clearing, but out of these trees we would be making sturdy planks to expand our underground den and build storage rooms. While Seghunin fells a few more trees to make the central clearing bigger, I get to work on sorting which wood type we’ll use where. The great variety of biodiversity in the Viridian Labyrinth means we have a whole host of different trees to work with. The hardest woods will be for important structural supports, the softer types and thinner trunks for crafting and fashioning basic containers. Merrily working, I suddenly hear a cheerful chirp at my side. Looking over, I see tiny little Binthrahl, pushing against a sapling in an attempt to down it, and staring straight up towards the large red dragon felling trees next to him. The little guy shouldn’t be leaving Ebhaal’s side! Any opportunistic predator could snap up a hatchling this tiny! Seghunin notices him just as I hurriedly pick him up by his little scaly tail, and we make our way back to the den, meeting an anxious-looking Ebhaal. “Oh Icewarden!” They exclaim, hurrying to our side to take back the hatchling. “The little one really is too quick, he never sits still. I’m glad you found him...” I nod and fold a wing supportively over my companion’s back, giving them a moment to catch their bearings. It was rare for Ebhaal to lose their icy composure, and they never liked losing their ‘cool’. While Seghunin had been just as hard to keep in one place as little Binthrahl was now, her size and bright colours had always made it easy to track her down. This little guy could slip away in an instant! Ebhaal, frustrated by their momentary break, rests their purple horns against mine, and I purr quietly to them. “It’s okay, you don’t want to know how many times I nearly lost him at night. Once he wears himself out, maybe we could go and take a nap. I'm confident Seghunin can hold down the fort for a little bit with Serge and Willow while we recharge.” Seghunin watches as Binthrahl clambers up Ebhaal’s scaly hide to coil his tail around a large scute, and proceeds to dangle from it up-side-down. Uh-humming softly for our attention, she nods the boy’s way. “Maybe he wants to play? He likes hanging like that, and I saw him playing with a sapling while I was busy felling trees. Maybe he just needs something to really tire himself out with?” With a sigh, Ebhaal plucks the boy from their scales and sets him on the wing they extend in front of them. “I’ll see if I can’t make him something. You two should focus on getting materials to secure the clan grounds. Bunefohl, I’ll come over to let you know if he falls asleep, I can tell you’re even more exhausted and need the rest.” We agree to the plan, and while I and our eldest foundling get back to work, I occasionally sneak glances to see Ebhaal busily crafting some kind of toy with their ice magic acting as some form of perma-glue, with Binthrahl, amusingly enough, very much occupied with fashioning improvised mini-versions of whatever it is Eb is making. [item=cheerful bird toy] [center][color=#69462b][i]Quite soon, we’re hearing cheerful chirps as the little hatchling pounces on and wrestles with the ‘big’ toy, the tiny bell in the item chiming lightly. Once returning to the clearing to deposit some planks, we however notice to our amusement that the bell isn’t in fact on the toy, but looped around the hatchling’s neck by an improvised little necklace. Ebhaal shrugs when I look at them with mirth. “That way we just have to follow the sounds. He doesn’t seem to mind it.” Binthrahl plays with the toy for a little while, before seeming to grow tired. Again crawling up the side of Ebhaal’s body, he decides to hang from the tip of their tail this time, his eyes closing before we can move him. “He really wants to sleep that way, huh?” I question. Ebhaal nods slowly and they seem momentarily lost as to what we should do about it. They couldn’t rest their tail if he wants to dangle from someplace above the floor. I hurriedly gather some sturdy sticks, and though Ebhaal is confused, they kindly heed my request to freeze the parts together into a hook-like shape. When I make my way over to the den and stab the long end of the hook into the dirt ceiling inside with a triumphant little ‘ta-da’, they snort good-naturedly. This way, Binthrahl can sleep in a way that’s most pleasant to him, and Ebhaal and I can go take well-deserved nap with the three of us safely behind the closed improvised den door. Seghunin wishes us a pleasant sleep, and the two of us (plus newborn) return to the familiar resting space. It’s been almost a week since we slept here together, and months since we were the only two on the floor here. Although we still have vastly different preferences in bedding and thus have some open space between us, we fall asleep with our heads lain close to one another. [Size=2]Regular update pings: @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Thulcandran @Samidare @Zwitterion @Pastie @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale @secretlylying [[b]Note:[/b] I have started training Seghunin, but didn't find anywhere to fit it into the story today. Her first foray into battle will feature soon! On another note, I REALLY love Binthrahl's colours!]
Post seven, chapter I:

Going just slightly batty

wQS70u9.png
In the days following our discovery of the strange egg, Ebhaal and I continued to alternate our night watches. During the day, my dear friend and I worked hard to improve the clan’s security. With Seghunin’s help I drafted up plans for a central grounds expansion, to create more sleeping burrows and to provide better protection for the nesting site. Our adopted daughter meanwhile also threw her all into training with Serge and the other blue Charger, whom she had named Willow. Bit of an odd name for such a strong creature in my humble opinion, but Willow seemed to like it.

Seghunin also gradually revealed herself to have an amazing protective and nurturing instinct. She would frequently ask me or Ebhaal if she could take the night’s watch and keep the egg safe, but we didn’t like the idea of leaving her up-top alone at night before she had ever tasted the reality of battle. We suggested she could look after another egg once she started her training, if we found it.

It took almost a week in all, but at last I had this egg hatching under my watchful eyes one moon-lit night.

Holding it carefully in my wings, I urged Ebhaal awake. Both of my fellow clan members emerged from the burrow, and we sat, practically enraptured, as the purple egg lost more and more of its’ protective plating as the little hatchling pushed at the shell from within. The baby dragon chirped in a high pitch, and we saw flashes of a par of bright, electric blue eyes. This egg took longer to hatch than Seghunin’s had, the hatchling within not as large as our first foundling had been. After a decent wait, though, we had our fourth clan member.
dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=151&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=0e327e71622571d8c0e81609750bebf08d4f43cd&dummyext=prev.png

A boy this time, again of a species we didn’t recognize from anywhere but some quick glances we had stolen of strangers as terrified hatchlings. Blinking his shiny eyes open, he chirped at the three of us. Binthrahl, we named him, meaning “Son of the spark”, for the brightness and intelligent shine of his eyes.

Binthrahl, even at a few hours old, was unstoppable. He needed to know everything, see every sight, test out whatever he could get his tiny claws on. A quick little fella, I had to follow him constantly to not lose track. When he wasn’t looking at me, those dark wings could make him practically invisible in the dead of night. I thought it odd that he had hatched at night, but for him it seemed to be prime time to explore. Thank Lightweaver I had the ability to summon some radiance so I could see in the darkness.

Though it did become sleepless night for me, there was work to be done by morning. While Ebhaal watched the still-tireless newborn, Seghunin and I set off to chop some trees down to be used in clan structures. The territory perimeter would likely be a simple wooden fence or stone wall with a more substantial barrier erected around the main clearing, but out of these trees we would be making sturdy planks to expand our underground den and build storage rooms.

While Seghunin fells a few more trees to make the central clearing bigger, I get to work on sorting which wood type we’ll use where. The great variety of biodiversity in the Viridian Labyrinth means we have a whole host of different trees to work with. The hardest woods will be for important structural supports, the softer types and thinner trunks for crafting and fashioning basic containers.

Merrily working, I suddenly hear a cheerful chirp at my side. Looking over, I see tiny little Binthrahl, pushing against a sapling in an attempt to down it, and staring straight up towards the large red dragon felling trees next to him. The little guy shouldn’t be leaving Ebhaal’s side! Any opportunistic predator could snap up a hatchling this tiny! Seghunin notices him just as I hurriedly pick him up by his little scaly tail, and we make our way back to the den, meeting an anxious-looking Ebhaal.

“Oh Icewarden!” They exclaim, hurrying to our side to take back the hatchling. “The little one really is too quick, he never sits still. I’m glad you found him...”

I nod and fold a wing supportively over my companion’s back, giving them a moment to catch their bearings. It was rare for Ebhaal to lose their icy composure, and they never liked losing their ‘cool’. While Seghunin had been just as hard to keep in one place as little Binthrahl was now, her size and bright colours had always made it easy to track her down. This little guy could slip away in an instant!

Ebhaal, frustrated by their momentary break, rests their purple horns against mine, and I purr quietly to them. “It’s okay, you don’t want to know how many times I nearly lost him at night. Once he wears himself out, maybe we could go and take a nap. I'm confident Seghunin can hold down the fort for a little bit with Serge and Willow while we recharge.”

Seghunin watches as Binthrahl clambers up Ebhaal’s scaly hide to coil his tail around a large scute, and proceeds to dangle from it up-side-down. Uh-humming softly for our attention, she nods the boy’s way. “Maybe he wants to play? He likes hanging like that, and I saw him playing with a sapling while I was busy felling trees. Maybe he just needs something to really tire himself out with?”

With a sigh, Ebhaal plucks the boy from their scales and sets him on the wing they extend in front of them. “I’ll see if I can’t make him something. You two should focus on getting materials to secure the clan grounds. Bunefohl, I’ll come over to let you know if he falls asleep, I can tell you’re even more exhausted and need the rest.”

We agree to the plan, and while I and our eldest foundling get back to work, I occasionally sneak glances to see Ebhaal busily crafting some kind of toy with their ice magic acting as some form of perma-glue, with Binthrahl, amusingly enough, very much occupied with fashioning improvised mini-versions of whatever it is Eb is making.
Cheerful Bird Toy
Quite soon, we’re hearing cheerful chirps as the little hatchling pounces on and wrestles with the ‘big’ toy, the tiny bell in the item chiming lightly. Once returning to the clearing to deposit some planks, we however notice to our amusement that the bell isn’t in fact on the toy, but looped around the hatchling’s neck by an improvised little necklace.

Ebhaal shrugs when I look at them with mirth. “That way we just have to follow the sounds. He doesn’t seem to mind it.”

Binthrahl plays with the toy for a little while, before seeming to grow tired. Again crawling up the side of Ebhaal’s body, he decides to hang from the tip of their tail this time, his eyes closing before we can move him.

“He really wants to sleep that way, huh?” I question. Ebhaal nods slowly and they seem momentarily lost as to what we should do about it. They couldn’t rest their tail if he wants to dangle from someplace above the floor.

I hurriedly gather some sturdy sticks, and though Ebhaal is confused, they kindly heed my request to freeze the parts together into a hook-like shape. When I make my way over to the den and stab the long end of the hook into the dirt ceiling inside with a triumphant little ‘ta-da’, they snort good-naturedly. This way, Binthrahl can sleep in a way that’s most pleasant to him, and Ebhaal and I can go take well-deserved nap with the three of us safely behind the closed improvised den door.

Seghunin wishes us a pleasant sleep, and the two of us (plus newborn) return to the familiar resting space. It’s been almost a week since we slept here together, and months since we were the only two on the floor here. Although we still have vastly different preferences in bedding and thus have some open space between us, we fall asleep with our heads lain close to one another.

Regular update pings: @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Thulcandran @Samidare @Zwitterion @Pastie @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale @secretlylying

[Note: I have started training Seghunin, but didn't find anywhere to fit it into the story today. Her first foray into battle will feature soon! On another note, I REALLY love Binthrahl's colours!]
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

[center][size=6][color=#7400ab][b][font=Georgia]Nightfall:[/b] [i]Night seven, chapter I...[/i][/font] [img]https://i.imgur.com/RDMDr3R.png[/img][/center] [center][size=2][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2792593/7#post_41728546]Jump to day update[/url][/size] [color=#69462b][i]Though we feel quite refreshed after a brief but healing nap, Ebhaal and I still retire for the night as we usually do. Determined to prove herself, Seghunin simply refuses to come sleep in the den. We have to play with Binthrahl for a while to get him sleepy, because we absolutely don't want him outside at night, and the both of us value our sleep. Once he is well-fed and tired enough to start yawning, we manage to convince him to sleep a while longer.[/color] [center][b]RNG results:[/b] A Luna Mith, Ragepuff, Buttercup Strangler, Moonlight Fungi and Petalmane Floron sneak away from the clan. [size=1](Is it just me or does rng really want to #freethestranglers? Lost another one!)[/size] The Luna Mith steals the following to show their people: [item=vile bolt]x2 [item=might fragment][item=magical might fragment][item=simple darksteel necklace] [size=2]Giveaway pings: @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Samidare @Zwitterion @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale
Nightfall:
Night seven, chapter I...
RDMDr3R.png
Jump to day update

Though we feel quite refreshed after a brief but healing nap, Ebhaal and I still retire for the night as we usually do. Determined to prove herself, Seghunin simply refuses to come sleep in the den.

We have to play with Binthrahl for a while to get him sleepy, because we absolutely don't want him outside at night, and the both of us value our sleep. Once he is well-fed and tired enough to start yawning, we manage to convince him to sleep a while longer.

RNG results: A Luna Mith, Ragepuff, Buttercup Strangler, Moonlight Fungi and Petalmane Floron sneak away from the clan.

(Is it just me or does rng really want to #freethestranglers? Lost another one!)

The Luna Mith steals the following to show their people:
Vile Bolt x2 Might Fragment Magical Might Fragment Simple Darksteel Necklace

Giveaway pings: @DragonPrincess27 @bonesdarling @euphonies @Rosesinger @Font @banii @Frionivalis @Aurellyn @Amantius @EmeraldJubilee @SpaceSnake @amoo101 @Rowan00 @FlamingDragon02 @Samidare @Zwitterion @Dragonfruiteen @CyanYume @Bxy26 @GlitchedFox @DracoDiscovery @Hisscale

locke.png

That hatch is stupendous! Nearly monochrome and just blue enough to accentuate the lightning.

Out of curiosity what would happen if the worst happens? Would you just exalt him or raffle/adopt/sell?

Either way I hope he makes it to the end!
That hatch is stupendous! Nearly monochrome and just blue enough to accentuate the lightning.

Out of curiosity what would happen if the worst happens? Would you just exalt him or raffle/adopt/sell?

Either way I hope he makes it to the end!
@Rosesinger Sadly, I am determined to protect only those who make it to 25 from exaltion - I'll send a prayer to Glademom to protect him from crits!
@Rosesinger Sadly, I am determined to protect only those who make it to 25 from exaltion - I'll send a prayer to Glademom to protect him from crits!

locke.png

@Mutation

Mad respect. Stay true to your principles!
@Mutation

Mad respect. Stay true to your principles!
Cheeky nocturne! I wonder if he's going to stay this way when he grows up or if he calms down a little. Love how Eb and Bune take care of the hatchlings even though they have no idea what species the little ones are.
Cheeky nocturne! I wonder if he's going to stay this way when he grows up or if he calms down a little. Love how Eb and Bune take care of the hatchlings even though they have no idea what species the little ones are.
NPRRENH.png Pvpj7y6.png orOASL4.png aromantic-hearts-alt.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14