Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Pinkerlocke: Heaven's Not Enough
1 2 3 4 5 6
@HeatherAKARoses oh dont got me wrong, i have a LOT of panic in me when battling ;-; he is and im very happy about that haha! thanks for the well wishes [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@HeatherAKARoses oh dont got me wrong, i have a LOT of panic in me when battling ;-; he is and im very happy about that haha! thanks for the well wishes
[center][size=4][b]Day Six[/b][/size] [item=Engorged Skytick] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=Broken Flower Pot] [img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2]I tried my hand at the Woodland Path and Felicity almost immediately died so im going to wait until they level up a bit more for that one..... Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Six
Engorged Skytick

Notable Drops:
Broken Flower Pot

rcLAyWj.png

I tried my hand at the Woodland Path and Felicity almost immediately died so im going to wait until they level up a bit more for that one.....

Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time!
@HeatherAKARoses
[center][size=4][b]Day Seven[/b][/size] [item=Silverside Tetras] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] [item=Leafy Pack]x2 [item=Green-Edged Claw] [img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2]maybe ill give the claw to fiver? i think it would suit her colour scheme best.... hope i get a material next time. really in a writing mood. next food item i get though ill probably try out the woodland path again, cus fiver and laylan are now level 5! felicitys still behind, only level 4, but she's still levelled enough to move on (even if she almost died last time....) Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Seven
Silverside Tetras

Notable Drops:
Leafy Pack x2 Green-Edged Claw

rcLAyWj.png

maybe ill give the claw to fiver? i think it would suit her colour scheme best....
hope i get a material next time. really in a writing mood. next food item i get though ill probably try out the woodland path again, cus fiver and laylan are now level 5! felicitys still behind, only level 4, but she's still levelled enough to move on (even if she almost died last time....)

@HeatherAKARoses
[center][b]Day Eight [item=Blackened Warninghorn][/b] [img]https://imgur.com/eyRQB8r.png[/img][/center] Fiver is a very motherly figure. But in a week she went from zero children to three. It's a bit tiring. [center][img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2]a break from the coliseum to draw! i wanted to do something creative regarding fiver's new familiar, who actually quite suits her colour palette! i hope i get something a bit different next time though, theres been a lot of drawing and not much writing.... also, i gave the claw to felicity since i think story-wise, it suits her better. Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Eight
Blackened Warninghorn

eyRQB8r.png

Fiver is a very motherly figure. But in a week she went from zero children to three. It's a bit tiring.
rcLAyWj.png

a break from the coliseum to draw! i wanted to do something creative regarding fiver's new familiar, who actually quite suits her colour palette! i hope i get something a bit different next time though, theres been a lot of drawing and not much writing....
also, i gave the claw to felicity since i think story-wise, it suits her better.

@HeatherAKARoses
[center][size=4][b]Day Nine[/b][/size] [item=Flatlands Tiara] [img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] Her breathing existed only to the knowledge of her lungs, capturing and releasing the toxic air around her with a carefully measured rhythm. Her jaws lay opened like a snake ready for the kill, her fangs blanketed in the shadow of the thick fur that grew like grass from her snout. Her soft paws crept soundlessly across the rocky ground beneath them, the only movement she made across the terrain. Once she was close enough, she stopped and, her tail stilled behind her for balance, wagged her hips only slightly, just enough to give her the momentum needed for the rest of the hunt. She leaped into the air, so high she felt as if she were a bird, outstretched her legs and unsheathed her small claws. With expert precision, her paws clasped perfectly around her prey. “We’re back!” Felicity started, ripping a leaf clumsily from the plant she’d been hunting. “Felicity?” “What? Nothing!” she kicked a mound of dust onto her catch to hide it. That would taste terrible later. She cleared her throat and ruffled her long fur, leaving short orange hairs flying like bugs from her small form. “What were you doing?” Laylan eyed her strangely, while Fiver dropped a heap of mangled meat from their trip to the ground. “We didn’t ask,” she reminded the hatchling, who coughed up some more hairs and held a paw over her mouth, embarrassed. “I know that,” she snapped. “Hey, what’s that?” Fiver sighed at the sound of a soft coo behind her thick crests in response. “A Leafy Moth,” she explained, dropping to her belly without warning. Sure enough, a huge, green moth fluttered back down to plant itself on the Mirror’s neck. Felicity snarled, baring her combat-teeth. “What? We need to fight it! Let me!” Laylan’s paw – half the size of her sister at this point, stupid Imperials and their ridiculous size – barricaded the youngster from Fiver, who was nibbling at the meat that was her catch. “No, it’s friendly,” Laylan assured, looking back to Fiver for a continuation, of which there was none but the sounds of chewing. “It’s her familiar.” “It wants to be,” Fiver clarified mid-bite. She flicked her head to throw it off, but it came back with another high-pitched coo and spread its thin, fluffy legs across the Mirror’s head in an embrace. Fiver sighed again, louder. [i]Familiars are cool,[/i] Felicity thought, but didn’t say. Puffing out her cheeks, she stepped away from the Imperial in front of her and sat heavily. “You don’t want it?” “You can’t have it if she doesn’t,” Laylan scolded gently, at which Felicity huffed. “I wasn’t thinking that!” She definitely was. “It’s not that I don’t want it,” Fiver answered in between licking her claws clean. “It’s that I don’t need it.” She turned to the younger dragons with a familiarly mischievous glint in her eye. “I already have enough trouble looking after you hatchlings.” “Hey!” Felicity growled. Laylan lowered her head humbly, despite already being taller than their caretaker. Fiver nipped at the space between her fingers, small bits of gore still stuck inside. “By the way,” her voice was muffled through the webbing on her feet, “you have to keep your back straighter when you pounce.” Felicity went even brighter than her fur as the blood rushed to her cheeks. “Wh – whatever!” With a pointed kick at the dust on the ground, she stomped away to the makeshift den she’d made from similarly caught plant material. [center][img]https://imgur.com/xZZKi8r.png[/img][/center] “Fiver!” Her voice was no longer the unthreatening squeak it once was; it was more of an unthreatening bark. “I want to go hunting with you guys!” Fiver looked away from Felicity to Laylan. Her eyes glistened with worry for a second before Fiver returned her gaze to that of the stubborn Tundra in front of her. After a few moments of silent deliberation, she made a decision. “Sure.” Both younger dragons’ eyes widened, but Felicity’s quickly returned to their usual size after a quick shake. She grinned so her combat-teeth were visible – a newly-learned trick of hers. “Yes! I won’t let you down!” She pawed at the ground with undisguised excitement. “Let’s go now!” “Woah, wait -” “Sure,” Fiver repeated, interrupting Laylan and bringing herself to her feet. “Let’s go.” “Really?” Both questioned, and once again Felicity shook herself, sending a small tornado of orange and purple hairs to orbit around her. “Great!” She raised her head with pride. “Where should we go first?” For the rest of the day, Fiver watched as Felicity struck clumsily at mice, moths and birds, typically having to finish them off herself due to the Tundra’s inexperience. Laylan continued to take the first shot out of her anxiety, much to the dismay of her sister, but soon enough Felicity was holding her own against the opponents of the Wandering Contagion. As the blood-red sun began to set, Fiver began setting up camp once the final blow was dealt to a Crimson Emperor. “What?” Felicity whined with badly disguised disappointment. “Are we stopping already?” “It’s getting dark,” Fiver explained as she dug a shallow pit wide enough for her to sleep in. Felicity frowned, unsatisfied. “Sorry, Felicity,” Laylan soothed, digging softly at her own nest for the night. Felicity looked back at the stretch they still had left. “But we’re so close,” she muttered. The Tundra’s eyes had always been better than Fiver’s, so she gave her the benefit of the doubt and looked again – and sure enough, just a few metres away was a tangled mess of thick tree trunks and dark bushes. Fiver’s heart started to beat a little faster with the idea that it may really be the end of their trek through the Scarred Wasteland – weren’t those trees the ones found in the Shadowbinder’s land? Adjusting her crests and lying carefully in the den she’d dug, her mind raced as it rationalised; even if it was, there was so much more to go, and there would be no point to continue as hurt and tired as they were. “We’re camping out for the night,” she ordered with more decisiveness, curling her neck and resting her head beside her warm chest, which rose and fell with a well-earned calmness. The moth stopped flapping and cooing and rested nearby, another appreciated reprieve. “Good night, you two.” “Come sleep here, Felicity,” Laylan offered, patting the space she’d shallowed out specifically for her sister. “We’ll go through tomorrow.” Still, the Tundra stared far away, much farther than Fiver could ever see. She wondered briefly what Felicity could be seeing that she wasn’t, but soon enough the Tundra’s shoulders sagged, and she crept towards her sister, falling to her belly with a huff. Fiver closed her eyes and dreamed of what would await them beyond the night’s sleep. [center][img]https://imgur.com/xZZKi8r.png[/img][/center] Felicity [i]had[/i] intended to sleep for the night. Kind of. But she couldn’t slip away – she was kept awake by the shrill whispers of the wind through the woods nearby, seeming to call to her. Her ears flickered, her nose twitching at every particle of dust that managed to land on it, her claws occasionally unsheathing of their own accord and scratching restlessly at the ground. Every time she opened her eyes, even just to slits, the woods seemed to have a face, smiling and gesturing for her to come closer. When she finally raised herself from her bed beside her sister, it didn’t feel like disobeying; it felt like she had no other choice. She walked closer, soft and curious, and soon enough, the fluff of her tail had been eaten by the trees’ shadows. With no one else around to impress, she walked with more caution than usual, avoiding sticks beneath her paws and the murmurs of monsters in the night. She fixed her eyes on the path ahead, telling herself she’d go back as soon as she knew what was on the other side. She would’ve sworn, and imagined the woods would too, that if she just took a few more steps, she’d see something other than the scarred and pimpled land of the Plaguebringer. She’d never admit it – not even to Laylan – but every time she saw that red-brown earth, it seemed to burn as badly as the sun on her coat. Determined to lose that feeling once she’d lost the region it came from, she shook herself of it – and doing so, brushed against something spiky and, in the dark like this, immeasurably frightening. She jumped away, pushing her fur into tangled brambles and covering herself in burrs and thorns – a problem to deal with later – and immediately felt stupider than ever as she was faced with the sight of a simple plant. She sighed and stood more confidently. She eyed the plant that grinned back at her. “You’re my prey,” she threatened with a slight growl to her husky voice. “I eat you.” It didn’t move, not even under the assault of the breeze; a fact she knew because she glared at it for a lot longer than necessary (definitely not out of fear). Finally, for good measure, she stuck out the tongue she could use to enact the previous threat, and turned to continue on with a last insulting mutter. Usually, she’d pass off the feeling of being watched as nothing; but she was alone and had nothing to gain from acting brave. She turned with a fleeting hesitance that was almost immediately replaced by terror as she saw the plant’s undoubtedly real and horrifying face leaning above her, saliva dripping from teeth even sharper than her own. [img] https://imgur.com/gElhVbP.png[/img] She squealed – a sound embarrassingly reminiscent of a pig – and told her body to flee, but her claws had buried themselves in the ground, her legs doing nothing to pull her away. Her eyes felt they were going to burst out of her head as she watched its mouth set itself alight with magic that hurt her just to look at. She stood frozen, barely breathing, eyes rolling back, limbs shaking, fur on end, braced for a hit she knew would be devastating – There was a familiar roar and simultaneously, a line of blood sewed itself onto the plant’s face. The monster’s attention was caught, but before it turned to fight its new enemies it let off a blast from its mouth that sent Felicity flying, her fur seeming to peel off as her small body scraped against the dirt. She tried to stand again, her front paws trembling in the attempt to hold up even half of her weight and her vision blurry with blackness made of more than just the night’s darkness. A carpet of soft fur found its way under her slightly raised stomach, and soon enough she felt the irregular movement of a dragon running underneath her, recognising the twisting muscles of her sister and the roaring of Fiver, which begun to fade into the background. Despite the ragged, erratic jumping of the Imperial beneath her, the darkness overtook her and her eyes rolled back into sleep. [center][img]https://imgur.com/xZZKi8r.png[/img][/center] When she woke up again, her eyes were greeted by the sight of Fiver’s legs pacing back and forth in front of her. Felicity debated whether or not she should just pretend to be asleep for the rest of her life and avoid what was coming. She ultimately decided against it. Felicity groaned and closed her eyes again, but she could feel Fiver’s change in focus and hear her steps coming closer. “Felicity!” She snuck one eye open. “You [i]idiot!”[/i] Fiver snapped, making the Tundra close her eyes against the angry spit thrown by the Mirror’s outburst. “We were going to explore that place [i]after[/i] we had a good night’s rest,” the Mirror continued, beginning to pace again, but this time with her gaze fixed on the younger dragon. “There was [i]no reason[/i] for you to go in by yourself.” Felicity rested her head on her front paws, pouting despite knowing she deserved this. Glancing away, she caught her sister’s gaze, who quickly avoided her eyes. Even Laylan didn’t seem to want to interfere. [i]”Are you listening?”[/i] Fiver snarled in the Tundra’s ear, who flinched back in annoyance. “Yeah, yeah, [i]okay,”[/i] she snapped in response, turning away again, only for her vision to once again by filled by the larger dragon. Fiver’s mouth opened, poised for another harsh remark, but her jaws slowly fell back into place as she sat, defeated. “Don’t you understand that we care about you?” came the Mirror’s weak growl. Felicity caught herself feeling guilty, and despite its childishness, decided to hide it by burying her head in the long fur of her forearms. Fiver sighed. Her next words were quieter. “We have to be able to face this together.” The soft [i]swish[/i] of her tail through the dust. “I know what happened to you was terrible.” Felicity’s ears flicked as the Mirror’s voice got closer as she leaned in. “I don’t want something like that to happen again. You have to trust me. I’m here to help us all get through this.” And, to the younger dragon’s surprise, Fiver quickly darted her tongue across Felicity’s forehead. The Tundra raised her head and bared teary eyes to the last dragon she thought she’d ever do so to. Fiver’s face was liquid-like with its sadness, her wings half-raised to hide their vulnerability from Laylan. “I don’t want to let you get hurt again.” The Tundra stared until her eyes were dried out from the scarlet sky, and raised a paw to rub at the tears she would, from now on, refuse the existence of. She dropped her head back down to her paws, looking up with an obviously faked annoyance at the older dragon. She nodded, ever so slightly. And Fiver, equally slightly, smiled in response. [center][img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2] i got a trinket, but ive been saving this one up for a while and just decided to incorporate a drawing into it! im much happier with the writing of this one than my last piece, and im happy with the character development i got to! im really coming to like tundras [emoji=tundra happy size=1] red divider by by msb-lair on tumblr, and beginning/ending divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Nine
Flatlands Tiara

rcLAyWj.png

Her breathing existed only to the knowledge of her lungs, capturing and releasing the toxic air around her with a carefully measured rhythm. Her jaws lay opened like a snake ready for the kill, her fangs blanketed in the shadow of the thick fur that grew like grass from her snout. Her soft paws crept soundlessly across the rocky ground beneath them, the only movement she made across the terrain. Once she was close enough, she stopped and, her tail stilled behind her for balance, wagged her hips only slightly, just enough to give her the momentum needed for the rest of the hunt. She leaped into the air, so high she felt as if she were a bird, outstretched her legs and unsheathed her small claws. With expert precision, her paws clasped perfectly around her prey.

“We’re back!” Felicity started, ripping a leaf clumsily from the plant she’d been hunting. “Felicity?”

“What? Nothing!” she kicked a mound of dust onto her catch to hide it. That would taste terrible later. She cleared her throat and ruffled her long fur, leaving short orange hairs flying like bugs from her small form. “What were you doing?”

Laylan eyed her strangely, while Fiver dropped a heap of mangled meat from their trip to the ground. “We didn’t ask,” she reminded the hatchling, who coughed up some more hairs and held a paw over her mouth, embarrassed.

“I know that,” she snapped. “Hey, what’s that?”

Fiver sighed at the sound of a soft coo behind her thick crests in response. “A Leafy Moth,” she explained, dropping to her belly without warning. Sure enough, a huge, green moth fluttered back down to plant itself on the Mirror’s neck. Felicity snarled, baring her combat-teeth.

“What? We need to fight it! Let me!” Laylan’s paw – half the size of her sister at this point, stupid Imperials and their ridiculous size – barricaded the youngster from Fiver, who was nibbling at the meat that was her catch.

“No, it’s friendly,” Laylan assured, looking back to Fiver for a continuation, of which there was none but the sounds of chewing. “It’s her familiar.”

“It wants to be,” Fiver clarified mid-bite. She flicked her head to throw it off, but it came back with another high-pitched coo and spread its thin, fluffy legs across the Mirror’s head in an embrace. Fiver sighed again, louder.

Familiars are cool, Felicity thought, but didn’t say. Puffing out her cheeks, she stepped away from the Imperial in front of her and sat heavily. “You don’t want it?”

“You can’t have it if she doesn’t,” Laylan scolded gently, at which Felicity huffed.

“I wasn’t thinking that!” She definitely was.

“It’s not that I don’t want it,” Fiver answered in between licking her claws clean. “It’s that I don’t need it.” She turned to the younger dragons with a familiarly mischievous glint in her eye. “I already have enough trouble looking after you hatchlings.”

“Hey!” Felicity growled. Laylan lowered her head humbly, despite already being taller than their caretaker.

Fiver nipped at the space between her fingers, small bits of gore still stuck inside. “By the way,” her voice was muffled through the webbing on her feet, “you have to keep your back straighter when you pounce.”

Felicity went even brighter than her fur as the blood rushed to her cheeks. “Wh – whatever!” With a pointed kick at the dust on the ground, she stomped away to the makeshift den she’d made from similarly caught plant material.
xZZKi8r.png

“Fiver!” Her voice was no longer the unthreatening squeak it once was; it was more of an unthreatening bark. “I want to go hunting with you guys!”

Fiver looked away from Felicity to Laylan. Her eyes glistened with worry for a second before Fiver returned her gaze to that of the stubborn Tundra in front of her. After a few moments of silent deliberation, she made a decision.

“Sure.” Both younger dragons’ eyes widened, but Felicity’s quickly returned to their usual size after a quick shake. She grinned so her combat-teeth were visible – a newly-learned trick of hers.

“Yes! I won’t let you down!” She pawed at the ground with undisguised excitement. “Let’s go now!”

“Woah, wait -”

“Sure,” Fiver repeated, interrupting Laylan and bringing herself to her feet. “Let’s go.”

“Really?” Both questioned, and once again Felicity shook herself, sending a small tornado of orange and purple hairs to orbit around her. “Great!” She raised her head with pride. “Where should we go first?”

For the rest of the day, Fiver watched as Felicity struck clumsily at mice, moths and birds, typically having to finish them off herself due to the Tundra’s inexperience. Laylan continued to take the first shot out of her anxiety, much to the dismay of her sister, but soon enough Felicity was holding her own against the opponents of the Wandering Contagion. As the blood-red sun began to set, Fiver began setting up camp once the final blow was dealt to a Crimson Emperor.

“What?” Felicity whined with badly disguised disappointment. “Are we stopping already?”

“It’s getting dark,” Fiver explained as she dug a shallow pit wide enough for her to sleep in. Felicity frowned, unsatisfied.

“Sorry, Felicity,” Laylan soothed, digging softly at her own nest for the night. Felicity looked back at the stretch they still had left.

“But we’re so close,” she muttered. The Tundra’s eyes had always been better than Fiver’s, so she gave her the benefit of the doubt and looked again – and sure enough, just a few metres away was a tangled mess of thick tree trunks and dark bushes. Fiver’s heart started to beat a little faster with the idea that it may really be the end of their trek through the Scarred Wasteland – weren’t those trees the ones found in the Shadowbinder’s land?

Adjusting her crests and lying carefully in the den she’d dug, her mind raced as it rationalised; even if it was, there was so much more to go, and there would be no point to continue as hurt and tired as they were. “We’re camping out for the night,” she ordered with more decisiveness, curling her neck and resting her head beside her warm chest, which rose and fell with a well-earned calmness. The moth stopped flapping and cooing and rested nearby, another appreciated reprieve. “Good night, you two.”

“Come sleep here, Felicity,” Laylan offered, patting the space she’d shallowed out specifically for her sister. “We’ll go through tomorrow.”

Still, the Tundra stared far away, much farther than Fiver could ever see. She wondered briefly what Felicity could be seeing that she wasn’t, but soon enough the Tundra’s shoulders sagged, and she crept towards her sister, falling to her belly with a huff. Fiver closed her eyes and dreamed of what would await them beyond the night’s sleep.
xZZKi8r.png

Felicity had intended to sleep for the night. Kind of. But she couldn’t slip away – she was kept awake by the shrill whispers of the wind through the woods nearby, seeming to call to her. Her ears flickered, her nose twitching at every particle of dust that managed to land on it, her claws occasionally unsheathing of their own accord and scratching restlessly at the ground. Every time she opened her eyes, even just to slits, the woods seemed to have a face, smiling and gesturing for her to come closer. When she finally raised herself from her bed beside her sister, it didn’t feel like disobeying; it felt like she had no other choice. She walked closer, soft and curious, and soon enough, the fluff of her tail had been eaten by the trees’ shadows.

With no one else around to impress, she walked with more caution than usual, avoiding sticks beneath her paws and the murmurs of monsters in the night. She fixed her eyes on the path ahead, telling herself she’d go back as soon as she knew what was on the other side. She would’ve sworn, and imagined the woods would too, that if she just took a few more steps, she’d see something other than the scarred and pimpled land of the Plaguebringer. She’d never admit it – not even to Laylan – but every time she saw that red-brown earth, it seemed to burn as badly as the sun on her coat. Determined to lose that feeling once she’d lost the region it came from, she shook herself of it – and doing so, brushed against something spiky and, in the dark like this, immeasurably frightening. She jumped away, pushing her fur into tangled brambles and covering herself in burrs and thorns – a problem to deal with later – and immediately felt stupider than ever as she was faced with the sight of a simple plant. She sighed and stood more confidently. She eyed the plant that grinned back at her. “You’re my prey,” she threatened with a slight growl to her husky voice. “I eat you.” It didn’t move, not even under the assault of the breeze; a fact she knew because she glared at it for a lot longer than necessary (definitely not out of fear). Finally, for good measure, she stuck out the tongue she could use to enact the previous threat, and turned to continue on with a last insulting mutter.

Usually, she’d pass off the feeling of being watched as nothing; but she was alone and had nothing to gain from acting brave. She turned with a fleeting hesitance that was almost immediately replaced by terror as she saw the plant’s undoubtedly real and horrifying face leaning above her, saliva dripping from teeth even sharper than her own.

gElhVbP.png

She squealed – a sound embarrassingly reminiscent of a pig – and told her body to flee, but her claws had buried themselves in the ground, her legs doing nothing to pull her away. Her eyes felt they were going to burst out of her head as she watched its mouth set itself alight with magic that hurt her just to look at. She stood frozen, barely breathing, eyes rolling back, limbs shaking, fur on end, braced for a hit she knew would be devastating –

There was a familiar roar and simultaneously, a line of blood sewed itself onto the plant’s face. The monster’s attention was caught, but before it turned to fight its new enemies it let off a blast from its mouth that sent Felicity flying, her fur seeming to peel off as her small body scraped against the dirt. She tried to stand again, her front paws trembling in the attempt to hold up even half of her weight and her vision blurry with blackness made of more than just the night’s darkness. A carpet of soft fur found its way under her slightly raised stomach, and soon enough she felt the irregular movement of a dragon running underneath her, recognising the twisting muscles of her sister and the roaring of Fiver, which begun to fade into the background. Despite the ragged, erratic jumping of the Imperial beneath her, the darkness overtook her and her eyes rolled back into sleep.
xZZKi8r.png

When she woke up again, her eyes were greeted by the sight of Fiver’s legs pacing back and forth in front of her. Felicity debated whether or not she should just pretend to be asleep for the rest of her life and avoid what was coming. She ultimately decided against it.

Felicity groaned and closed her eyes again, but she could feel Fiver’s change in focus and hear her steps coming closer. “Felicity!” She snuck one eye open. “You idiot!” Fiver snapped, making the Tundra close her eyes against the angry spit thrown by the Mirror’s outburst. “We were going to explore that place after we had a good night’s rest,” the Mirror continued, beginning to pace again, but this time with her gaze fixed on the younger dragon. “There was no reason for you to go in by yourself.”

Felicity rested her head on her front paws, pouting despite knowing she deserved this. Glancing away, she caught her sister’s gaze, who quickly avoided her eyes. Even Laylan didn’t seem to want to interfere.

”Are you listening?” Fiver snarled in the Tundra’s ear, who flinched back in annoyance.

“Yeah, yeah, okay,” she snapped in response, turning away again, only for her vision to once again by filled by the larger dragon. Fiver’s mouth opened, poised for another harsh remark, but her jaws slowly fell back into place as she sat, defeated.

“Don’t you understand that we care about you?” came the Mirror’s weak growl.

Felicity caught herself feeling guilty, and despite its childishness, decided to hide it by burying her head in the long fur of her forearms. Fiver sighed. Her next words were quieter.

“We have to be able to face this together.” The soft swish of her tail through the dust. “I know what happened to you was terrible.” Felicity’s ears flicked as the Mirror’s voice got closer as she leaned in. “I don’t want something like that to happen again. You have to trust me. I’m here to help us all get through this.”

And, to the younger dragon’s surprise, Fiver quickly darted her tongue across Felicity’s forehead. The Tundra raised her head and bared teary eyes to the last dragon she thought she’d ever do so to. Fiver’s face was liquid-like with its sadness, her wings half-raised to hide their vulnerability from Laylan. “I don’t want to let you get hurt again.”

The Tundra stared until her eyes were dried out from the scarlet sky, and raised a paw to rub at the tears she would, from now on, refuse the existence of. She dropped her head back down to her paws, looking up with an obviously faked annoyance at the older dragon. She nodded, ever so slightly. And Fiver, equally slightly, smiled in response.
rcLAyWj.png

i got a trinket, but ive been saving this one up for a while and just decided to incorporate a drawing into it! im much happier with the writing of this one than my last piece, and im happy with the character development i got to! im really coming to like tundras

red divider by by msb-lair on tumblr, and beginning/ending divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time!
@HeatherAKARoses

[center][b]Day Ten [item=Dainty Lilypad][/b] [img]https://imgur.com/9jOfyPT.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2]Artist's Note: i finally finished!! i decided to do a background but since ive been so busy its not that great. its another drawing for the previous story entry [emoji=mirror happy size=1] again, sorry for the wait! Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. See you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Ten
Dainty Lilypad

9jOfyPT.png

rcLAyWj.png

Artist's Note: i finally finished!! i decided to do a background but since ive been so busy its not that great. its another drawing for the previous story entry again, sorry for the wait!

@HeatherAKARoses
[center][size=4][b]Day Eleven[/b][/size] [item=Scholar] [b]Result of Coint Toss: Tails![/b] [img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2]oh thank goodness i was so worried.... im not emotionally prepared to go through a death streak [emoji=mirror scared size=1] Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. see you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Eleven
Scholar

Result of Coint Toss:

Tails!

rcLAyWj.png

oh thank goodness i was so worried.... im not emotionally prepared to go through a death streak

Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. see you next time! @HeatherAKARoses
oh boy - my heart skipped a few beats. TuT
oh boy - my heart skipped a few beats. TuT
scotty will know
[center][size=4][b]Day Twelve & Thirteen[/b][/size] [item=Perfect Skipping Stone][item=Earthworm] [b]Notable Drops:[/b] No notable drops! [img]https://imgur.com/rcLAyWj.png[/img][/center] [size=2]putting these two together since i just used 12's trinket to finish off 10's drawing. I did 30 matches instead of 20 to try and get them levelled but unfortunately theyre still the same levels as before. Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. thanks and see you next time! @HeatherAKARoses[/size]
Day Twelve & Thirteen
Perfect Skipping Stone Earthworm

Notable Drops:

No notable drops!

rcLAyWj.png

putting these two together since i just used 12's trinket to finish off 10's drawing. I did 30 matches instead of 20 to try and get them levelled but unfortunately theyre still the same levels as before.

Divider by banyan-fr on tumblr. thanks and see you next time! @HeatherAKARoses
@HeatherAKARoses sorry for pinging you twice today, but day 10 is finished, you just have to scroll up a little [emoji=tundra happy size=1]
@HeatherAKARoses sorry for pinging you twice today, but day 10 is finished, you just have to scroll up a little
1 2 3 4 5 6