Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 42 43
Mistimed my post but congrats to Pecan!!
Mistimed my post but congrats to Pecan!!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
Whoops! @ShadowWolfDeath I spelled your username wrong in the final post--it's on page 26, along with your prize placement! Do give it a check and follow the request :D
Whoops! @ShadowWolfDeath I spelled your username wrong in the final post--it's on page 26, along with your prize placement! Do give it a check and follow the request :D
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Cinnaminny has been moping in the first aid station tent now for a while. The competition definitely got to her, and her defeat in particular has been bothering her, but... Now that she looks around at the first aid attendants and the other bruised competitors, it strikes her. Watching people run around after all that food's got her hungry. And so is everyone else. [b]This cannot continue.[/b] She zips off. ~~~ There wasn't a lot of food around the first aid grounds, but after one unwelcome entry into the camp kitchen and vigorous bargaining with anyone in sight, she's ready. Cinnaminny sniffs her full pots that one very-helpful-[i]maybe[/i]-slightly-coerced camp aide helped her to raise outside the tents. She picks up a wooden spoon and targets one of the empty pots, and with a-[b]CLANG[/b] and a [b]CLANG[/b] she bellows out, "SOUP! We've got soup and bowls here for anyone hungry! IT'S-" [b]CLANG[/b] "FREE!" Soup always mends the spirit, and feeding the hungry mends hers. ~~ [size=2] I'm not going to directly @ anyone since she's not directly interacting with anyone, but if your dragon is in the first aid area? Congratulations! They're being offered soup ^_^ [/size] ----- @LadyOfTheSkies [b]Congratulations!![/b] [emoji=bogsneak laughing size=2] Please give pecan a pat on the back and a pumpkin pie from me. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JLi2DcT.png[/img][/center] and @snek - great job with the writing of these last couple of day entries, they were a fun read and made it all the more exciting!
Cinnaminny has been moping in the first aid station tent now for a while. The competition definitely got to her, and her defeat in particular has been bothering her, but... Now that she looks around at the first aid attendants and the other bruised competitors, it strikes her.

Watching people run around after all that food's got her hungry. And so is everyone else. This cannot continue.

She zips off.

~~~

There wasn't a lot of food around the first aid grounds, but after one unwelcome entry into the camp kitchen and vigorous bargaining with anyone in sight, she's ready. Cinnaminny sniffs her full pots that one very-helpful-maybe-slightly-coerced camp aide helped her to raise outside the tents.

She picks up a wooden spoon and targets one of the empty pots, and with a-CLANG and a CLANG she bellows out, "SOUP! We've got soup and bowls here for anyone hungry! IT'S-" CLANG "FREE!"

Soup always mends the spirit, and feeding the hungry mends hers.

~~
I'm not going to directly @ anyone since she's not directly interacting with anyone, but if your dragon is in the first aid area? Congratulations! They're being offered soup ^_^

@LadyOfTheSkies Congratulations!! Please give pecan a pat on the back and a pumpkin pie from me.
JLi2DcT.png

and @snek - great job with the writing of these last couple of day entries, they were a fun read and made it all the more exciting!

D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
[quote]and @snek - great job with the writing of these last couple of day entries, they were a fun read and made it all the more exciting![/quote] Yep, I definitely enjoyed tuning in to WDRT this week! The last few updates felt like a particularly close sports match, and the leading and tail announcements/ advertising added a great touch, too!
Quote:
and @snek - great job with the writing of these last couple of day entries, they were a fun read and made it all the more exciting!

Yep, I definitely enjoyed tuning in to WDRT this week! The last few updates felt like a particularly close sports match, and the leading and tail announcements/ advertising added a great touch, too!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
[center][size=6][u][b]GAME TWO: SIGNUPS, MORNING 12[/b][/u][/size][/center] Pecan's victory is one for the ages, and it's got everyone talking. It's been [i]forever[/i] since a Dairy Delight last won a Hungry Game, and others can't help but wonder: is this a sign of something special on the horizon? It could be. Rumor has it that the crops are especially big and plentiful this year. Should they celebrate this victory even harder than usual somehow? It's a question Cookbook will soon answer. She approaches the podium in front of the cheering, confetti-throwing crowd outside the Feldspar Farms with both claws held over her head for attention and gives a sharp whistle. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54769234] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/547693/54769234_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Listen up!" she shouts. "My cohosts and I have decided that, because Earthshaker has given us all so many unusual gifts this year, it is only fair that we do something unusual for him as well! What kind of devotees would we be if we did not share the extra food we have available to be gathered with him? "It is for this reason," she says, continuing on with her book held high overhead, "that I have the honor and the pleasure of announcing that there will be [i]a second Hungry Games round!"[/i] The already wild crowd absolutely loses its collective mind, screaming, clapping, and throwing hats in the air with glee. Cookbook waits for them to settle down just a tad before clearing her throat. "We will need twenty-four of you to put your best selves out there on the playing fields. As before, you must leave your clans, your families, and your friends behind, and trust them to work hard in your absence. It will not be easy. It will not be painless. Only one of you will make it to the Pillar with all that you have gathered. We know that Earthshaker will make it through the winter, yes--but now, we fight to make this season [i]comfortable[/i] instead of survivable! [b]"I will now take volunteers,"[/b] she declares, setting the heavy book on her podium and opening it. [b]"As always, twelve while the sun is up and twelve when the sun has set, for balance. If the morning's dozen fills up, await tonight's call."[/b] She points the already-inked quill at the crowd in front of her and smiles. [b]"Begin!"[/b] ------------------------------------------------------ @kijauni @rhapsodicDream @Wonderlast @TheAwesoMew @ShadowWolfDeath @Martine @Lightningwind @Jbapple @Unicornponies @Zif @Natureluvr @WolfByte @Cvthedral @MusicandMagic @sublimevoide @chaosarceus @browncoatparadox @kijauni @Alligatorsight @Dinomatika @Solstices @Kelpoyo @Deladria @AquaEmperor @Dreamclaws @Leopardmask ------------------------------------------------------- [i]Not on the pinglist yet? Want to be alerted to the evening call for players? It's not too late! Let me know and I'll add you to it. There will not be a third game, so today's signups are your only remaining chance to play! You do not need to be on the pinglist to sign up. Please do not use 'claim' posts, as I will not count those. Please use the form from the form post. Signups past the first dozen will be asked to wait until the evening's call and try again at that time, as I am trying to allow people from every time zone a chance to play. I am raising the potential knockout rate of this round so it doesn't go too far past the end of RBC. It will also be slightly sillier than before--consider yourself warned. ;)[/i]
GAME TWO: SIGNUPS, MORNING 12

Pecan's victory is one for the ages, and it's got everyone talking. It's been forever since a Dairy Delight last won a Hungry Game, and others can't help but wonder: is this a sign of something special on the horizon? It could be. Rumor has it that the crops are especially big and plentiful this year. Should they celebrate this victory even harder than usual somehow?

It's a question Cookbook will soon answer. She approaches the podium in front of the cheering, confetti-throwing crowd outside the Feldspar Farms with both claws held over her head for attention and gives a sharp whistle.

"Listen up!" she shouts. "My cohosts and I have decided that, because Earthshaker has given us all so many unusual gifts this year, it is only fair that we do something unusual for him as well! What kind of devotees would we be if we did not share the extra food we have available to be gathered with him?

"It is for this reason," she says, continuing on with her book held high overhead, "that I have the honor and the pleasure of announcing that there will be a second Hungry Games round!"

The already wild crowd absolutely loses its collective mind, screaming, clapping, and throwing hats in the air with glee. Cookbook waits for them to settle down just a tad before clearing her throat.

"We will need twenty-four of you to put your best selves out there on the playing fields. As before, you must leave your clans, your families, and your friends behind, and trust them to work hard in your absence. It will not be easy. It will not be painless. Only one of you will make it to the Pillar with all that you have gathered. We know that Earthshaker will make it through the winter, yes--but now, we fight to make this season comfortable instead of survivable!

"I will now take volunteers," she declares, setting the heavy book on her podium and opening it. "As always, twelve while the sun is up and twelve when the sun has set, for balance. If the morning's dozen fills up, await tonight's call." She points the already-inked quill at the crowd in front of her and smiles. "Begin!"

@kijauni @rhapsodicDream @Wonderlast @TheAwesoMew @ShadowWolfDeath @Martine @Lightningwind @Jbapple @Unicornponies @Zif @Natureluvr @WolfByte @Cvthedral @MusicandMagic @sublimevoide @chaosarceus @browncoatparadox @kijauni @Alligatorsight @Dinomatika @Solstices @Kelpoyo @Deladria @AquaEmperor @Dreamclaws @Leopardmask

Not on the pinglist yet? Want to be alerted to the evening call for players? It's not too late! Let me know and I'll add you to it. There will not be a third game, so today's signups are your only remaining chance to play!

You do not need to be on the pinglist to sign up. Please do not use 'claim' posts, as I will not count those. Please use the form from the form post. Signups past the first dozen will be asked to wait until the evening's call and try again at that time, as I am trying to allow people from every time zone a chance to play.

I am raising the potential knockout rate of this round so it doesn't go too far past the end of RBC. It will also be slightly sillier than before--consider yourself warned. ;)
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote=zif]great job with the writing of these last couple of day entries, they were a fun read and made it all the more exciting![/quote] [quote=deladria]Yep, I definitely enjoyed tuning in to WDRT this week! The last few updates felt like a particularly close sports match, and the leading and tail announcements/ advertising added a great touch, too![/quote] Thank you both very much! I had a great time hosting round 1 for you all, and I'm very glad the final two posts gave off the right tone! Looking forward to the start of the next one :D
zif wrote:
great job with the writing of these last couple of day entries, they were a fun read and made it all the more exciting!
deladria wrote:
Yep, I definitely enjoyed tuning in to WDRT this week! The last few updates felt like a particularly close sports match, and the leading and tail announcements/ advertising added a great touch, too!

Thank you both very much! I had a great time hosting round 1 for you all, and I'm very glad the final two posts gave off the right tone! Looking forward to the start of the next one :D
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Snek We're ready to give it a shot! USERNAME: Deladria PLAYER ID#:242017 DRAGON NAME: Saharath DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24400790] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244008/24400790_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Uhhh, Grain Train; Wild Carni-val; Superberries? DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Her [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23586799]first[/url] mate turned her on to stuffed grape vine leaves... Yes, she's a meat eater, but she finds those bite size marinated morsels a real treat! DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Anything with cilantro! That's just going too far, herbage that reeks of bugs, yuck! DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: She's fairly aloof, and has trouble seeing others' point of view, or shades of gray, but is basically good at heart. She has strong opinions on what's right or wrong, and is open to new experiences, within reason. She's conflicted by her fondness for marinated vegetables, but otherwise oozes self confidence. Not a thrill seeker. DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGE: She's fast and strong. What else does a dragon need? Oh, sure, she can co-operate, living at WindSky Weyr demands it, but she doesn't have any strong ties, despite a daughter living in the Weyr. Well, there's her running partner, [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=242017&tab=dragon&did=32032369]Dayth[/url], they have a lot in common. She enjoys the heat, doesn't need much water, and has come to like snakes (NOT to eat). She has no trouble living off the land, and has a special affinity with sand. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW: For the first round of these games, the Earth reps debated which of them should go and missed the deadline. Saharath listened to the progress updates, and decided she would be the best candidate, so went straight to [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=242017&tab=dragon&did=23403144]Windrith[/url] and presented herself, couching her desire in terms of a pilgrimage to her birthplace. He was happy to grant her wish, if only so he wouldn't have to choose among the others, if they ever finished arguing...
@Snek We're ready to give it a shot!

USERNAME: Deladria
PLAYER ID#:242017

DRAGON NAME: Saharath
DRAGON BBCODE:

24400790_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: Uhhh, Grain Train; Wild Carni-val; Superberries?

DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Her first mate turned her on to stuffed grape vine leaves... Yes, she's a meat eater, but she finds those bite size marinated morsels a real treat!

DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: Anything with cilantro! That's just going too far, herbage that reeks of bugs, yuck!

DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: She's fairly aloof, and has trouble seeing others' point of view, or shades of gray, but is basically good at heart. She has strong opinions on what's right or wrong, and is open to new experiences, within reason. She's conflicted by her fondness for marinated vegetables, but otherwise oozes self confidence. Not a thrill seeker.

DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGE: She's fast and strong. What else does a dragon need? Oh, sure, she can co-operate, living at WindSky Weyr demands it, but she doesn't have any strong ties, despite a daughter living in the Weyr. Well, there's her running partner, Dayth, they have a lot in common. She enjoys the heat, doesn't need much water, and has come to like snakes (NOT to eat). She has no trouble living off the land, and has a special affinity with sand.

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW: For the first round of these games, the Earth reps debated which of them should go and missed the deadline. Saharath listened to the progress updates, and decided she would be the best candidate, so went straight to Windrith and presented herself, couching her desire in terms of a pilgrimage to her birthplace. He was happy to grant her wish, if only so he wouldn't have to choose among the others, if they ever finished arguing...
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Snek USERNAME: Cattington PLAYER ID#: 493677 DRAGON NAME: Fall DRAGON BBCODE: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56885897] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/568859/56885897_350.png[/img] [/url] TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: The Uneggsposed, Dairy Delights, Sweet Treats? DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: pumpkin pie!! and most thanksgiving food! DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: anything related to cranberry DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Fall is a little ball of positivity! He loves the autumn season, and he loves to relax among the leaves and have fun. He tries to always be as nice as possible, and he is always willing to help out anyone who needs it! DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He can camouflage, but only if he’s in the right environment. Other than that, he’s sleek and stealthy, and he’s also compassionate; but he can sometimes be a bit too trusting. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? hug him please
@Snek

USERNAME: Cattington
PLAYER ID#: 493677

DRAGON NAME: Fall

DRAGON BBCODE:
56885897_350.png

TOP THREE FOOD GROUP PREFERENCES: The Uneggsposed, Dairy Delights, Sweet Treats?

DRAGON'S FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: pumpkin pie!! and most thanksgiving food!

DRAGON'S LEAST FAVORITE FOOD ITEM: anything related to cranberry

DRAGON'S PERSONALITY: Fall is a little ball of positivity! He loves the autumn season, and he loves to relax among the leaves and have fun. He tries to always be as nice as possible, and he is always willing to help out anyone who needs it!

DRAGON'S MAIN SKILLS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGES: He can camouflage, but only if he’s in the right environment. Other than that, he’s sleek and stealthy, and he’s also compassionate; but he can sometimes be a bit too trusting.

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW? hug him please
scrying workshop save me....scrying workshop...save me scrying workshop
5hF3FGk.pngyGbxkXV.png
qeQwZlo.png5iXiC8z.pngmlHpBMC.png
@Cattington

Dragons used to sign up must have Earth eyes to fit the event lore--quickly, change him out in your post for one who does!
@Cattington

Dragons used to sign up must have Earth eyes to fit the event lore--quickly, change him out in your post for one who does!
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
OOP- heck, sorry
OOP- heck, sorry
scrying workshop save me....scrying workshop...save me scrying workshop
5hF3FGk.pngyGbxkXV.png
qeQwZlo.png5iXiC8z.pngmlHpBMC.png
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 42 43