Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42 43
As Damek thanked Lowery, he decided he'd better start heading towards the Pillar with what he had collected (and managed to keep) so far, and see if he could find anything else on the way. But my, he was still so tired!!! His nose alone lead him wearily towards... hang on, what's this?? A popcorn cart?! Here?? Oh well, food is food, no matter what it is or where he finds it, so Damek stops to collect as much as he can... but somehow it was all too much effort and the shady spot underneath the cart was calling to him. Calling, calling, falling...asleep...

Hours later he wakes, realising it's now early evening. He sits and munches on popcorn while listening to the evening news, feeling slightly embarrassed as he hears his name, but grateful for the well wishes. He was sorry Lowery had been knocked out so soon after rendering assistance to him and hoped it wasn't due to being distracted by him. Widowmaker was another one that was interesting - he hadn't come across him during the games, but he never had managed to work out what his obsession with ankles was about, and felt a bit safer without that thought in the back of his mind.

@Dragonfruiteen A quick drawing?! Geez, what would you be producing if you spent time on it?!
As Damek thanked Lowery, he decided he'd better start heading towards the Pillar with what he had collected (and managed to keep) so far, and see if he could find anything else on the way. But my, he was still so tired!!! His nose alone lead him wearily towards... hang on, what's this?? A popcorn cart?! Here?? Oh well, food is food, no matter what it is or where he finds it, so Damek stops to collect as much as he can... but somehow it was all too much effort and the shady spot underneath the cart was calling to him. Calling, calling, falling...asleep...

Hours later he wakes, realising it's now early evening. He sits and munches on popcorn while listening to the evening news, feeling slightly embarrassed as he hears his name, but grateful for the well wishes. He was sorry Lowery had been knocked out so soon after rendering assistance to him and hoped it wasn't due to being distracted by him. Widowmaker was another one that was interesting - he hadn't come across him during the games, but he never had managed to work out what his obsession with ankles was about, and felt a bit safer without that thought in the back of his mind.

@Dragonfruiteen A quick drawing?! Geez, what would you be producing if you spent time on it?!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[center][size=6][b][u]THE FEAST[/u][/b][/size][/center] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/564334/56433399_350.png[/img][/center] "Boy, it's about time they finally quit dawdling out there," Knife mutters to herself as she checks on a clipboard holding the names of yesterday's knockouts. "Thought they were gonna make me release some kind of critter on them. Ain't going so hot with the food gathering, though. Maybe I better do some tempting." Down in the Farms, the remaining players awake to the sounds of a badly played bugle coming through hidden speakers. "RISE AND SHINE," Knife bellows. "I see most of you going toward the Pillar, and some of you don't have food enough to feed a family of gnats, so... I'm going to cut you a break for Earthshaker's sake and refill that cornucopia. Get back there and you can find all kinds of food, tools, and other presents. Keep going and you gotta meet Poprock with your sorry sack of scraps. Choice is up to you. Stop snoring and get hopping!" [quote=KDRT Earth News Radio]...ruckus at KROK Channel 5 today when one of the scrying pool captioning department's junior magicians forgot to deactivate their speech-to-text magic spell before going to get a refill on their coffee. Horrified viewers were treated to captions accurately repeating the profanity-riddled tirade the junior magician let loose after spilling hot coffee on their white satin tunic. No word yet on whether the junior magician will be fired or simply suspended. [b]Pecan[/b] is in a bind. She could use that food, but now that Knife has told everyone that players have started going to the Pillar, she can't waste any more time. Gritting her teeth, she decides to let fate do as it will and charges toward the great stone monument. Fate, it seems, honors this course of action by having her collide with [b]Terra,[/b] who'd opted to run toward the Cornucopia instead. Before [b]Terra[/b] can finish clearing her head, [b]Pecan[/b] sends her sailing into the distance with a whack of her tail. [b]Terra[/b] lands in an enormous shipping crate filled with marshmallows, but [color=red]]is unconscious[/color] and won't be able to enjoy her good fortune. The contents of [b]Terra's[/b] offering sack, which did not sail away with her, go straight into [b]Pecan's[/b]. [b]Damek[/b] bites his lip as he puts some shakers of cheese-flavored salt and bottles of liquid butter flavoring in the sack with the popcorn. If the others are already aiming for the endgame, he needs to catch up, and [i]fast.[/i] There's no time to double back to the Cornucopia. He decides to risk getting taken down by an anti-air watermelon and starts flying at top speed. [b]Maroux[/b] spots a couple of cardboard boxes with Sugar Snuggles, Inc. printed on all sides as he approaches the base of the Pillar. Curious, he pops them open and finds a big assortment of candy--which is exactly what he was hoping for! Most of them go into the already overstuffed bag. The licorice laces get woven into a tightly meshed net--and just in time, because [b]Olivine[/b] comes speeding toward the Pillar like she's a fresh steak and the world's supply of houseflies are chasing her down! Sensing an opportunity, he flings it at her feet, tangling her legs up--and down she goes, flat on her front, smacked silly by her own offering sack in the fall. [b]Maroux[/b] scoops every piece of food she has into his bag and leaves [b]Olivine[/b] behind to get [color=red]taken to the medical tent.[/color] We're down to the wire, faithful listeners. Only three dragons remain, and it looks like all of them are ready to play hard. It's gonna be a fight to the finish! Scandal rocked the Observatory today when it was discovered that the dragon responsible for cleaning the lenses of one of the major telescopes as part of their daily activities had regularly skipped that task due to a fear of heights. Astronomers were dismayed to find that a full 30% of the new stars located and named within the last year were, in fact, dust particles stuck to the...[/quote] ------------------------------------ @jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @/Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl @Deladria @kijauni ------------------------------------ [center][b]21 PLAYERS DOWN. 3 STILL ACTIVE.[/b] Terra and Olivine have been knocked out.[/center] ----------------------------------- [i]Only one announcement today! Wanna let you guys (and myself) have some festival time, and I'm gonna be a little bit busier IRL than usual. Get psyched up for tomorrow--the end of round 1 is getting nearer by the minute![/i]
THE FEAST
56433399_350.png

"Boy, it's about time they finally quit dawdling out there," Knife mutters to herself as she checks on a clipboard holding the names of yesterday's knockouts. "Thought they were gonna make me release some kind of critter on them. Ain't going so hot with the food gathering, though. Maybe I better do some tempting."

Down in the Farms, the remaining players awake to the sounds of a badly played bugle coming through hidden speakers.

"RISE AND SHINE," Knife bellows. "I see most of you going toward the Pillar, and some of you don't have food enough to feed a family of gnats, so... I'm going to cut you a break for Earthshaker's sake and refill that cornucopia. Get back there and you can find all kinds of food, tools, and other presents. Keep going and you gotta meet Poprock with your sorry sack of scraps. Choice is up to you. Stop snoring and get hopping!"

KDRT Earth News Radio wrote:
...ruckus at KROK Channel 5 today when one of the scrying pool captioning department's junior magicians forgot to deactivate their speech-to-text magic spell before going to get a refill on their coffee. Horrified viewers were treated to captions accurately repeating the profanity-riddled tirade the junior magician let loose after spilling hot coffee on their white satin tunic. No word yet on whether the junior magician will be fired or simply suspended.

Pecan is in a bind. She could use that food, but now that Knife has told everyone that players have started going to the Pillar, she can't waste any more time. Gritting her teeth, she decides to let fate do as it will and charges toward the great stone monument. Fate, it seems, honors this course of action by having her collide with Terra, who'd opted to run toward the Cornucopia instead. Before Terra can finish clearing her head, Pecan sends her sailing into the distance with a whack of her tail. Terra lands in an enormous shipping crate filled with marshmallows, but ]is unconscious and won't be able to enjoy her good fortune. The contents of Terra's offering sack, which did not sail away with her, go straight into Pecan's.

Damek bites his lip as he puts some shakers of cheese-flavored salt and bottles of liquid butter flavoring in the sack with the popcorn. If the others are already aiming for the endgame, he needs to catch up, and fast. There's no time to double back to the Cornucopia. He decides to risk getting taken down by an anti-air watermelon and starts flying at top speed.

Maroux spots a couple of cardboard boxes with Sugar Snuggles, Inc. printed on all sides as he approaches the base of the Pillar. Curious, he pops them open and finds a big assortment of candy--which is exactly what he was hoping for! Most of them go into the already overstuffed bag. The licorice laces get woven into a tightly meshed net--and just in time, because Olivine comes speeding toward the Pillar like she's a fresh steak and the world's supply of houseflies are chasing her down! Sensing an opportunity, he flings it at her feet, tangling her legs up--and down she goes, flat on her front, smacked silly by her own offering sack in the fall. Maroux scoops every piece of food she has into his bag and leaves Olivine behind to get taken to the medical tent.

We're down to the wire, faithful listeners. Only three dragons remain, and it looks like all of them are ready to play hard. It's gonna be a fight to the finish!

Scandal rocked the Observatory today when it was discovered that the dragon responsible for cleaning the lenses of one of the major telescopes as part of their daily activities had regularly skipped that task due to a fear of heights. Astronomers were dismayed to find that a full 30% of the new stars located and named within the last year were, in fact, dust particles stuck to the...

@jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @/Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl
@Deladria @kijauni
21 PLAYERS DOWN. 3 STILL ACTIVE.
Terra and Olivine have been knocked out.

Only one announcement today! Wanna let you guys (and myself) have some festival time, and I'm gonna be a little bit busier IRL than usual. Get psyched up for tomorrow--the end of round 1 is getting nearer by the minute!
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Damek wakes from his much needed sleep feeling (relatively) refreshed. With the announcement of the restocking of the cornucopia, he has a decision to make. Go back to stock up for potentially the last time, or hope that everyone else does that and he makes it to the pillar first. Doing an inventory, he doesn't think he's done too badly - there's pumpkins and beans and now all these popcorn supplies at least. Hatchet incident notwithstanding, it could have been worse. The thought of fighting anyone at the cornucopia clinches it and he decides to make haste to the Pillar instead, hoping he wouldn't get taken out on the way.
Damek wakes from his much needed sleep feeling (relatively) refreshed. With the announcement of the restocking of the cornucopia, he has a decision to make. Go back to stock up for potentially the last time, or hope that everyone else does that and he makes it to the pillar first. Doing an inventory, he doesn't think he's done too badly - there's pumpkins and beans and now all these popcorn supplies at least. Hatchet incident notwithstanding, it could have been worse. The thought of fighting anyone at the cornucopia clinches it and he decides to make haste to the Pillar instead, hoping he wouldn't get taken out on the way.
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
ah jesus
@Goldia
Cmon Damek, WIN THIS FOR THE SWEET TREATS!
Widowmaker may have been knocked out, but you can still win!
LETS DO THIS!
ah jesus
@Goldia
Cmon Damek, WIN THIS FOR THE SWEET TREATS!
Widowmaker may have been knocked out, but you can still win!
LETS DO THIS!
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
Although Olivine was tempted to double back to the Cornucopia, she decided the risk was too great. She had those fruit pies and all those pasta boxes, and a handful of other things besides. It wasn't much, but it was enough that the risk of going back to grab more wasn't worth it.

As she got closer to the Pillar, Olivine broke into a run. At least her bag wasn't so full it was weighing her down! As long as she could reach the top of the Pillar first-

Her thoughts were interrupted by a large black blur that came flying towards her feet. Olivine barely had time to process the smell of- liquorice? -before suddenly her legs were all tangled together and she pitched face first towards the ground. Something smashed into her skull as she fell and she was out before she hit the ground.
Although Olivine was tempted to double back to the Cornucopia, she decided the risk was too great. She had those fruit pies and all those pasta boxes, and a handful of other things besides. It wasn't much, but it was enough that the risk of going back to grab more wasn't worth it.

As she got closer to the Pillar, Olivine broke into a run. At least her bag wasn't so full it was weighing her down! As long as she could reach the top of the Pillar first-

Her thoughts were interrupted by a large black blur that came flying towards her feet. Olivine barely had time to process the smell of- liquorice? -before suddenly her legs were all tangled together and she pitched face first towards the ground. Something smashed into her skull as she fell and she was out before she hit the ground.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
@DeathPhoenix - He'll do he's best - as long as Widowmaker promises not to do anything dodgy with his ankles when he gets back!! [emoji=spiral tongue size=1] Damek is already on route to the Pillar when he hears the mornings' announcements - and it seems the only other dragons left are doing the same thing. This is going to be a real scramble!! He's particularly worried about Maroux... is it just his imagination, or has he taken out more than one player?? Then again, everyone left has taken out at least one, so... hmm. He continues flying as fast as his wings will carry him.
@DeathPhoenix - He'll do he's best - as long as Widowmaker promises not to do anything dodgy with his ankles when he gets back!!

Damek is already on route to the Pillar when he hears the mornings' announcements - and it seems the only other dragons left are doing the same thing. This is going to be a real scramble!! He's particularly worried about Maroux... is it just his imagination, or has he taken out more than one player?? Then again, everyone left has taken out at least one, so... hmm. He continues flying as fast as his wings will carry him.
@snek

A couple of questions:
I've completely forgotten about the looting mechanism. Is that supposed to be done in this thread (ie no one has done it yet) or is that done via PM with you, and we have no idea what, if any looting has been done? I'm assuming the second, but want to make sure.

Also, any chance of a link to the main RBC hub??
@snek

A couple of questions:
I've completely forgotten about the looting mechanism. Is that supposed to be done in this thread (ie no one has done it yet) or is that done via PM with you, and we have no idea what, if any looting has been done? I'm assuming the second, but want to make sure.

Also, any chance of a link to the main RBC hub??
@Goldia

It's to be done in this thread so it's easier for me to track as I update records, and so other players will know someone got to a specific dragon first/who lost or gained stuff trying. Nobody has attempted it!

And yes, I completely forgot to update the links to include the hub--oops! I'll toss you one here for now and pop it into the links properly after sleep.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2773992
@Goldia

It's to be done in this thread so it's easier for me to track as I update records, and so other players will know someone got to a specific dragon first/who lost or gained stuff trying. Nobody has attempted it!

And yes, I completely forgot to update the links to include the hub--oops! I'll toss you one here for now and pop it into the links properly after sleep.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2773992
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Pecan knew that her offering bag didn't hold much, but at this point her goal was to win, no matter what Earthshaker thought of her when she got there. She started to dash towards the Pillar--only to be stopped by another dragon crashing into her. Panicking, she thought she was being attacked, and lashed out defensively with her tail as she was thrown backwards.

The comfort-loving imperial was definitely not a fighter, but she had been toughened over these past few days, and the adrenaline filling her gave her strength like she had never had before. Her tail sent the other dragon away into the air, towards the Cornucopia, and Pecan watched in amazement as she landed, seemingly unconscious. Pecan scrambled to her feet, but was taken aback by the sight of the other dragon's offering bag sitting before her. It seemed like a sign from the Earthshaker himself!

While she was still contemplating her good fortune, Pecan saw a commotion from the Pillar before her. Her friend Olivine was almost at the Pillar, but another dragon cruelly tripped her (with a net made of licorice--such a waste of perfectly good candy!) and stole everything she had gathered. Pecan narrowed her eyes. She couldn't let a dragon like that win this competition. She grabbed the offering sack before her, poured its contents into her own, and ran towards her goal. However this ended, she would try her best to prove herself and to avenge her fallen friend.

Ahh this is so exciting, it's way farther than I've gotten in an event like this before!
@dragonfruiteen Your artwork is so good! Would you be ok with me putting it in Pecan's bio, with credit of course?
Pecan knew that her offering bag didn't hold much, but at this point her goal was to win, no matter what Earthshaker thought of her when she got there. She started to dash towards the Pillar--only to be stopped by another dragon crashing into her. Panicking, she thought she was being attacked, and lashed out defensively with her tail as she was thrown backwards.

The comfort-loving imperial was definitely not a fighter, but she had been toughened over these past few days, and the adrenaline filling her gave her strength like she had never had before. Her tail sent the other dragon away into the air, towards the Cornucopia, and Pecan watched in amazement as she landed, seemingly unconscious. Pecan scrambled to her feet, but was taken aback by the sight of the other dragon's offering bag sitting before her. It seemed like a sign from the Earthshaker himself!

While she was still contemplating her good fortune, Pecan saw a commotion from the Pillar before her. Her friend Olivine was almost at the Pillar, but another dragon cruelly tripped her (with a net made of licorice--such a waste of perfectly good candy!) and stole everything she had gathered. Pecan narrowed her eyes. She couldn't let a dragon like that win this competition. She grabbed the offering sack before her, poured its contents into her own, and ran towards her goal. However this ended, she would try her best to prove herself and to avenge her fallen friend.

Ahh this is so exciting, it's way farther than I've gotten in an event like this before!
@dragonfruiteen Your artwork is so good! Would you be ok with me putting it in Pecan's bio, with credit of course?
VDwNYPe.png
When Olivine woke up, she found herself in the first aid tent. Her head was pounding, and when she reached up to gingerly poke at it she realized someone had wrapped it in linen bandages.

Well, that's it, then she thought to herself. While the games might not be finished yet, they were over for her. Even if she hadn't won, though, she'd had fun and made some friends, and she could continue to watch what happened from the comfort of the first aid station.

She didn't feel like getting up and looking around quite yet, though, so she pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of her satchel and begin composing a letter back home. Maybe in a little bit she would get up and see who else was here.

@LadyOfTheSkies of course! I'm honored that you'd like to have it in her bio ^^
When Olivine woke up, she found herself in the first aid tent. Her head was pounding, and when she reached up to gingerly poke at it she realized someone had wrapped it in linen bandages.

Well, that's it, then she thought to herself. While the games might not be finished yet, they were over for her. Even if she hadn't won, though, she'd had fun and made some friends, and she could continue to watch what happened from the comfort of the first aid station.

She didn't feel like getting up and looking around quite yet, though, so she pulled a piece of paper and a pen out of her satchel and begin composing a letter back home. Maybe in a little bit she would get up and see who else was here.

@LadyOfTheSkies of course! I'm honored that you'd like to have it in her bio ^^
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 42 43