Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43
Damek kept running through the olive grove for what seemed like hours (it wasn't, he's not that fit! But it was quite a long time, honest), and by the time he stops, he realises that he's lost Aurora - so much for being able to help her. He hopes that she's ok and keeps on keeping on. Eventually he stumbles upon a camp, too tired and emotionally drained to have scouted it for danger properly first. Luckily, it's Lowery, who is very kind and patient, listening to the tale of his adventures to date and helping fix up his various scrapes and bruises before curling up to catch what sleep they could.

In the morning, they rise and stoke their small fire awake, stretching out their aches before settling down to listen to the mornings announcements.

And wow, what an eventful 12 hours!!! Damek is truly sorry to hear that Caribbean Sea and Aurora have been eliminated, but feels that perhaps it's best for their emotional and physical well being after all.... they'd both had such a rough time from the start. He'd had less to do with Caradoc and Echo, but so many dragons being knocked out really brought home the fact that they were getting close to the pointy end of the competition now.

PS: Oh my, those puns are glorious!
Damek kept running through the olive grove for what seemed like hours (it wasn't, he's not that fit! But it was quite a long time, honest), and by the time he stops, he realises that he's lost Aurora - so much for being able to help her. He hopes that she's ok and keeps on keeping on. Eventually he stumbles upon a camp, too tired and emotionally drained to have scouted it for danger properly first. Luckily, it's Lowery, who is very kind and patient, listening to the tale of his adventures to date and helping fix up his various scrapes and bruises before curling up to catch what sleep they could.

In the morning, they rise and stoke their small fire awake, stretching out their aches before settling down to listen to the mornings announcements.

And wow, what an eventful 12 hours!!! Damek is truly sorry to hear that Caribbean Sea and Aurora have been eliminated, but feels that perhaps it's best for their emotional and physical well being after all.... they'd both had such a rough time from the start. He'd had less to do with Caradoc and Echo, but so many dragons being knocked out really brought home the fact that they were getting close to the pointy end of the competition now.

PS: Oh my, those puns are glorious!
Ink wash brush-style art of three red and gold Wildclaws performing a dragon dance with a green Auraboa puppet, with text for Nature's Year of the Wood Dragon push. D9tBovl.png w8o0xW1.png
[Oof, I've been busy, but I'm caught up now. Glad to see that Pecan's still in and not quite as mopey anymore!]

The past few days hadn't been going very well for Pecan, with her repeatedly failing to collect food or hunt down dragons--that dragon Brea had even tried to poison her! But it looked like her luck had taken a turn for the better, and she was now more fed and rested than she'd been in a while. She would still have preferred some cinnamon rolls or apple pie, but even spinach, which she detested, was acceptable at this point.

Pecan bid her new friend Olivine goodbye and left the cave with a bit of a spring in her step. At least there were some decent dragons in these games. Pecan hoped that if she couldn't win, that her new friend Olivine could. But she didn't rule out the former case just yet. Anyone had a chance at this point!

Her optimism only became stronger when she caught sight of water and foliage ahead of her. Such a pretty oasis must have some food, right? Sure enough, the trees had almost-ripe bunches of bananas hanging off of them. Pecan quenched her thirst at the oasis and then stood up on her back legs to pick bananas off the trees. She amended her previous thoughts about being an imperial--her size definitely did give her an advantage when gathering food in some places.

Pecan felt much more confident as she felt the weight of her collection bag. Not food she would love to get (if only she had the right ingredients and equipment, she could whip up a great batch of banana bread from these, she thought) but it would help the Earthshaker. And it would make her feel a bit less insecure about her overall achievements in the Games.
[Oof, I've been busy, but I'm caught up now. Glad to see that Pecan's still in and not quite as mopey anymore!]

The past few days hadn't been going very well for Pecan, with her repeatedly failing to collect food or hunt down dragons--that dragon Brea had even tried to poison her! But it looked like her luck had taken a turn for the better, and she was now more fed and rested than she'd been in a while. She would still have preferred some cinnamon rolls or apple pie, but even spinach, which she detested, was acceptable at this point.

Pecan bid her new friend Olivine goodbye and left the cave with a bit of a spring in her step. At least there were some decent dragons in these games. Pecan hoped that if she couldn't win, that her new friend Olivine could. But she didn't rule out the former case just yet. Anyone had a chance at this point!

Her optimism only became stronger when she caught sight of water and foliage ahead of her. Such a pretty oasis must have some food, right? Sure enough, the trees had almost-ripe bunches of bananas hanging off of them. Pecan quenched her thirst at the oasis and then stood up on her back legs to pick bananas off the trees. She amended her previous thoughts about being an imperial--her size definitely did give her an advantage when gathering food in some places.

Pecan felt much more confident as she felt the weight of her collection bag. Not food she would love to get (if only she had the right ingredients and equipment, she could whip up a great batch of banana bread from these, she thought) but it would help the Earthshaker. And it would make her feel a bit less insecure about her overall achievements in the Games.
VDwNYPe.png
Ooof

@Snek

Could you put me on the R2 ping-list? It was unfortunate I got knocked out during R1 ouch, but I forgot to post anything but I've been reading for all rounds till now. RNG just wasn't in my favor at the time.
Ooof

@Snek

Could you put me on the R2 ping-list? It was unfortunate I got knocked out during R1 ouch, but I forgot to post anything but I've been reading for all rounds till now. RNG just wasn't in my favor at the time.
3dl8TjK.png
CpFdYgG.png
JvUa9ma.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
FObX7rS.png
a0f71f0b64618ebbdcdf275c93d7d067ef8f7632.png
((It’s amusing to see how much a point of conflict Euclase’s knockout has become. I mean, she doesn't even hold a grudge against poor Caribbean Sea.)) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2838482] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/28385/2838482.png[/img][/url] Euclase spent much of the ensuing day and night sleeping off the stress of the past few days, waking long enough to hear the radio updates of the Games. It was a wild world in there, and she thought to herself that it was probably for the best that she had been knocked out before such conflict caught up to her. She would have rather hated being betrayed, even if it were only for the sake of a game. Eventually she stood up to stretch her legs a bit. Resting had been pleasant, but she would have to move her bad leg eventually if she wanted it to heal properly. The skydancer didn’t make it far before she was hailed by a familiar voice. “Oh, Beaumont! I was just thinking of looking for you! Someone took me out the morning before you were, never even saw what hit me. A shame, but I don’t really mind. Players would have had to turn on each other eventually, for only one to win, and I’m not really made for that kind of uncertainty between friend and foe.” She brushed a paw lightly over the bump on her neck. “Do you think the medics will let us take a look around outside? I’m getting tired of looking at the same walls.” @TheAwesoMew
((It’s amusing to see how much a point of conflict Euclase’s knockout has become. I mean, she doesn't even hold a grudge against poor Caribbean Sea.))

2838482.png

Euclase spent much of the ensuing day and night sleeping off the stress of the past few days, waking long enough to hear the radio updates of the Games. It was a wild world in there, and she thought to herself that it was probably for the best that she had been knocked out before such conflict caught up to her. She would have rather hated being betrayed, even if it were only for the sake of a game.

Eventually she stood up to stretch her legs a bit. Resting had been pleasant, but she would have to move her bad leg eventually if she wanted it to heal properly. The skydancer didn’t make it far before she was hailed by a familiar voice.

“Oh, Beaumont! I was just thinking of looking for you! Someone took me out the morning before you were, never even saw what hit me. A shame, but I don’t really mind. Players would have had to turn on each other eventually, for only one to win, and I’m not really made for that kind of uncertainty between friend and foe.” She brushed a paw lightly over the bump on her neck. “Do you think the medics will let us take a look around outside? I’m getting tired of looking at the same walls.”

@TheAwesoMew
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
[quote]Don't look at me like that. I can make ridiculous cheese puns if I want.[/quote] @Snek [center] [item=Intense Attention] [item=Intense Attention] No shame. No shame at all ... tsk! [/center]
Quote:
Don't look at me like that. I can make ridiculous cheese puns if I want.
@Snek
Intense Attention Intense Attention
No shame. No shame at all ... tsk!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Snek

Also, I think I'd like to try and get into the second game, if you have one, so please add me to the ping list for that too!
@Snek

Also, I think I'd like to try and get into the second game, if you have one, so please add me to the ping list for that too!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Olivine looked through her gathered food with a small frown. It's not much, but it's high time she headed towards the Pillar. She would just have to keep an eye out for more along the way. It was a good thing she did, because as she passed by a farmhouse she happened to notice a stack of sweet-smelling boxes. Upon further investigation, she discovered they were full of fruit pies, which she triumphantly shoved into her sack before continuing on her. [Size=2] I also decided to do a quick drawing Olivine and Pecan relaxing beneath the stars. @LadyOfTheSkies it's your girl, thought you might like to see ^^ [img]https://i.imgur.com/1k7UwRy.png[/img]
Olivine looked through her gathered food with a small frown. It's not much, but it's high time she headed towards the Pillar. She would just have to keep an eye out for more along the way.

It was a good thing she did, because as she passed by a farmhouse she happened to notice a stack of sweet-smelling boxes. Upon further investigation, she discovered they were full of fruit pies, which she triumphantly shoved into her sack before continuing on her.

I also decided to do a quick drawing Olivine and Pecan relaxing beneath the stars.
@LadyOfTheSkies it's your girl, thought you might like to see ^^
1k7UwRy.png
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
"You got caught unawares, too? I guess 't really might've been th' best time to get out then, all that sly business runnin' rampant," Beamont mused, "As f'r gettin' outside, can't say I know 'f that's allowed. I'd be glad 'f we could, though; some fresh air'd do me good."

He thought a moment, then remembered he might have a return message from back home.

"Y'know, I'll go check'n see with one of the medics. 'm expectin' a letter anyhow, might 's well ask."

@Thewarywatcher13

Also, @Snek, figured I'd ping real quick and see: are the medical stations still smack in the middle of the game? Or are they removed enough that we could wander a bit outside?
"You got caught unawares, too? I guess 't really might've been th' best time to get out then, all that sly business runnin' rampant," Beamont mused, "As f'r gettin' outside, can't say I know 'f that's allowed. I'd be glad 'f we could, though; some fresh air'd do me good."

He thought a moment, then remembered he might have a return message from back home.

"Y'know, I'll go check'n see with one of the medics. 'm expectin' a letter anyhow, might 's well ask."

@Thewarywatcher13

Also, @Snek, figured I'd ping real quick and see: are the medical stations still smack in the middle of the game? Or are they removed enough that we could wander a bit outside?
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
[center][size=6][u][b]NIGHT 5[/b][/u][/size][/center] [quote=KDRT Earth News Radio]...Rockbreaker's Ceremony tomorrow. Be sure not to go out and gather yet immediately after the day ticks over--those geodes won't be available until Earthshaker wakes up and brings them to the surface for us all, and he does need his beauty sleep. It's another rough day in the Hungry Games. The knockouts are flying fast and furious now, and it's anybody's guess who's going to be next on the list. Let's look together, faithful listeners. [b]Widowmaker[/b] made the mistake of setting off for the Pillar at midday, when what's left of the sun is at its hottest, and if there's one thing he should have remembered, it's that cheese and heat don't mix. He opens the bag to sneak a piece for himself for dinner and discovers that it's all turned into a gross, sweaty, melted-together blob! His sobbing attracts [b]Maroux[/b], who listens from his hiding spot inside some scrubby bushes. When [b]Widowmaker[/b] wails that he wishes someone would save him the frustration and knock him out already, [b]Maroux[/b] is all too happy to oblige, leaping out and whacking [b]Widowmaker[/b] with a sack full of food, [color=red]knocking him out.[/color] [b]Maroux[/b] then carries on his way, humming a happy tune. The help he received from his fellow dragon earlier this morning made his injuries much better, but [b]Damek[/b] is too tired from his run and the incident from the night before. He curls up under a popcorn cart standing out in the middle of nowhere and passes out from exhaustion. Sleep well, [b]Damek.[/b] [b]Brea[/b] pauses his trek to the Pillar to climb a tree near a ledge for a better view and make sure he's going the right direction. There are two problems with this plan: Firstly, it's not a very strong tree, and secondly, he's a Guardian with an overfilled offering bag. The branch he's standing on snaps, sending him crashing down into [b]Lowery's[/b] hidden camp. [b]Lowery,[/b] who was in the midde of plucking a freshly hunted turkey, is partially buried under a pile of falling jackfruit. [color=red]Both are unconscious and must be taken to the medical tent.[/color] [b]Pecan[/b] wrestles with a bout of self-doubt and second-guesses her decision to join the games after looking into her offering sack. Some rice, some bananas, some beans... Is that going to be enough for Earthshaker if she wins? What if it's not, and he starves? Just imagining what Earth dragons everywhere would think of her...! She'll overcome it, but not right away. At long last, [b]Terra[/b] and [b]Olivine[/b] find the mother lode of pasta packets. Someone's built a fancy pyramid out of boxes of uncooked noodles between two palm trees--and it's as big as a Ridgeback! Aware of their relatively empty bags and the threat they could each pose to each other, they call a temporary truce and get gathering. Are you plagued by rat kings? Do you have a desire to spoil a small living creature that you're just not fulfilling? Do you have a bunch of knick-knacks in need of destruction? Come down to your local familiar shelter today and pick up one of our lovely Augite Protectors. These poor creatures get a bad reputation due to their spooky appearance, and every Riot of Rot leaves shelters everywhere packed to the gills with these lovely babies as the raids on the Scorched Forest produce far more of them than...[/quote] ------------------------------ @jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @/Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl @Deladria @kijauni ------------------------------ [center][b]19 PLAYERS DOWN. 5 STILL ACTIVE.[/b] Widowmaker, Brea, and Lowery have been knocked out.[/center] ------------------------------- [i]Happy to make sure those of you asking to be pinglisted get the notifications you want! I'm about to run off grocery shopping, but I'll edit the list when I return. :) And the medical station is in fact outside the game bounds, so anyone in the tent is free to wander some if they like! The dragon in charge of the tent is named Spoon, if anyone needs him. What a lovely art piece, by the way! Very peaceful <3[/i]
NIGHT 5
KDRT Earth News Radio wrote:
...Rockbreaker's Ceremony tomorrow. Be sure not to go out and gather yet immediately after the day ticks over--those geodes won't be available until Earthshaker wakes up and brings them to the surface for us all, and he does need his beauty sleep.

It's another rough day in the Hungry Games. The knockouts are flying fast and furious now, and it's anybody's guess who's going to be next on the list. Let's look together, faithful listeners.

Widowmaker made the mistake of setting off for the Pillar at midday, when what's left of the sun is at its hottest, and if there's one thing he should have remembered, it's that cheese and heat don't mix. He opens the bag to sneak a piece for himself for dinner and discovers that it's all turned into a gross, sweaty, melted-together blob! His sobbing attracts Maroux, who listens from his hiding spot inside some scrubby bushes. When Widowmaker wails that he wishes someone would save him the frustration and knock him out already, Maroux is all too happy to oblige, leaping out and whacking Widowmaker with a sack full of food, knocking him out. Maroux then carries on his way, humming a happy tune.

The help he received from his fellow dragon earlier this morning made his injuries much better, but Damek is too tired from his run and the incident from the night before. He curls up under a popcorn cart standing out in the middle of nowhere and passes out from exhaustion. Sleep well, Damek.

Brea pauses his trek to the Pillar to climb a tree near a ledge for a better view and make sure he's going the right direction. There are two problems with this plan: Firstly, it's not a very strong tree, and secondly, he's a Guardian with an overfilled offering bag. The branch he's standing on snaps, sending him crashing down into Lowery's hidden camp. Lowery, who was in the midde of plucking a freshly hunted turkey, is partially buried under a pile of falling jackfruit. Both are unconscious and must be taken to the medical tent.

Pecan wrestles with a bout of self-doubt and second-guesses her decision to join the games after looking into her offering sack. Some rice, some bananas, some beans... Is that going to be enough for Earthshaker if she wins? What if it's not, and he starves? Just imagining what Earth dragons everywhere would think of her...! She'll overcome it, but not right away.

At long last, Terra and Olivine find the mother lode of pasta packets. Someone's built a fancy pyramid out of boxes of uncooked noodles between two palm trees--and it's as big as a Ridgeback! Aware of their relatively empty bags and the threat they could each pose to each other, they call a temporary truce and get gathering.

Are you plagued by rat kings? Do you have a desire to spoil a small living creature that you're just not fulfilling? Do you have a bunch of knick-knacks in need of destruction? Come down to your local familiar shelter today and pick up one of our lovely Augite Protectors. These poor creatures get a bad reputation due to their spooky appearance, and every Riot of Rot leaves shelters everywhere packed to the gills with these lovely babies as the raids on the Scorched Forest produce far more of them than...

@jbapple @Zif @Kvon @Kunikida @Martine @Funfun11 @Kelpoyo @LadyOfTheSkies @ArtemisAgrotera @Sublimevoide @Lightningwind @/Dragonfruiteen @Wonderlast @Natureluvr @ShadowWolfDeath @Unicornponies @TheAwesoMew @WolfByte @MusicandMagic @Cvthedral @Thewarywatcher13 @DeathPhoenix @Goldia @Rivertyl
@Deladria @kijauni
19 PLAYERS DOWN. 5 STILL ACTIVE.
Widowmaker, Brea, and Lowery have been knocked out.

Happy to make sure those of you asking to be pinglisted get the notifications you want! I'm about to run off grocery shopping, but I'll edit the list when I return. :)

And the medical station is in fact outside the game bounds, so anyone in the tent is free to wander some if they like! The dragon in charge of the tent is named Spoon, if anyone needs him.

What a lovely art piece, by the way! Very peaceful <3
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Snek
Ah, well. Widowmaker fought bravely.
*Screams in ankle*
@Snek
Ah, well. Widowmaker fought bravely.
*Screams in ankle*
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43