Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] The Hungry Games (DONE)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 42 43
After collecting such a large bounty from the Cornucopia, Olivine was starting to feel more confident. But she didn't let down her guard just yet. She would have to be on the lookout for both other contestants and more food.

She lifted her snout to the sky and sniffed, drawing in the distinctive scent of smoking meat. It was somewhere nearby, and definitely would be worth checking out.

She spent the better part of the morning following the scent, but her diligence was finally rewarded by the sight of a small smoke-spouting shack perched on top of a hill. Glancing around once more to make sure no one was nearby, Olivine started sprinting for the shack. Just as she reached the door, it swung open and a green Skydancer came out with his claws full of meat.

Startled but not willing to risk a fight so soon, Olivine turned tail and fled. Maybe she could double back in a little bit and fill her sack? A glance backwards told her the Skydancer was chasing her, and she redoubled her pace.

(@Martine no need to interact further/respond if you'd rather not just figured I'd let you know I'm up for it ^^)
After collecting such a large bounty from the Cornucopia, Olivine was starting to feel more confident. But she didn't let down her guard just yet. She would have to be on the lookout for both other contestants and more food.

She lifted her snout to the sky and sniffed, drawing in the distinctive scent of smoking meat. It was somewhere nearby, and definitely would be worth checking out.

She spent the better part of the morning following the scent, but her diligence was finally rewarded by the sight of a small smoke-spouting shack perched on top of a hill. Glancing around once more to make sure no one was nearby, Olivine started sprinting for the shack. Just as she reached the door, it swung open and a green Skydancer came out with his claws full of meat.

Startled but not willing to risk a fight so soon, Olivine turned tail and fled. Maybe she could double back in a little bit and fill her sack? A glance backwards told her the Skydancer was chasing her, and she redoubled her pace.

(@Martine no need to interact further/respond if you'd rather not just figured I'd let you know I'm up for it ^^)
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Lowery hovered gently over the footprints, trying to determine anything from them. If the owner seemed friendly enough, they could be able to help each other. If not, he might actually be able to sneak up and take down an opponent early.

He kept low to the ground as he searched, staying under outcroppings and punctuating his dashes between them with little glides in case anyone decided to track him from the air.

As time passed, Lowery started to notice a second set of prints. The edges of them were softer, faded into the mud. He leaned in closer, almost touching the dirt with his snout. The older prints looked suspiciously similar to his. He scanned the area around him, and realized that he had definitely been in this exact spot. Someone had been stalking him.

A cold shiver ran down his spine, and he very quickly slipped off into the fields and fled as far as possible.
Lowery hovered gently over the footprints, trying to determine anything from them. If the owner seemed friendly enough, they could be able to help each other. If not, he might actually be able to sneak up and take down an opponent early.

He kept low to the ground as he searched, staying under outcroppings and punctuating his dashes between them with little glides in case anyone decided to track him from the air.

As time passed, Lowery started to notice a second set of prints. The edges of them were softer, faded into the mud. He leaned in closer, almost touching the dirt with his snout. The older prints looked suspiciously similar to his. He scanned the area around him, and realized that he had definitely been in this exact spot. Someone had been stalking him.

A cold shiver ran down his spine, and he very quickly slipped off into the fields and fled as far as possible.
((I'm cutting off before Echo shows up, to avoid controlling another dragon. Interactions are welcome, but I can't guarantee being able to reply before the next round.) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2838482] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/28385/2838482.png[/img][/url] Euclase gathered what she could from the cornucopia without getting in the way of other dragons, but it was a drop in the ocean compared to what she needed to gather. There had to be more elsewhere. The skydancer crossed a few fields, pausing only to rinse off the ketchup in a small stream. She didn’t want to be red all day. There was a barn in the distance, and she felt a faint quivering in her antennae- there must be living creatures in there. As she got closer she could see the staggering forms of goats. Of course! Milk! It would be the perfect addition to her stash. The goats bleated and edged away when she trotted up to the entrance, endless bottle in hand. “Oh, I’m not that kind of dragon,” she told them, folding her wings tight to look smaller, “Skydancers don’t eat meat. And I’m not [i]that[/i] much bigger than you, besides.” Euclase carefully leapt the gate keeping them in the barn. They moved even further away from her and she could sense a surge of agitation among them, but she ignored it for the time being, looking for the nearest nanny goat. She grabbed it gently and held it fast in her arms while she milked it. “See? No eating. Surely its dragons that take care of you lot in the first place, so you needn’t be so-- Oh!” She had neglected to pay attention to the billygoats, and now a searing pain in her right leg told her how much of a mistake that had been. One must have rammed her from behind. “Alright, Alright, I’m leaving!” She grabbed her bottle and staggered back out of the barn. He hopped on three legs until she was far enough from the barn to calm the goats down, then lay down in a heap. Her leg hurt terribly- definitely broken. That was okay, she told herself, it wasn’t her first broken bone. She knew how to set one, but it would be a terrible nuisance to treat it alone and without first aid supplies.
((I'm cutting off before Echo shows up, to avoid controlling another dragon. Interactions are welcome, but I can't guarantee being able to reply before the next round.)

2838482.png

Euclase gathered what she could from the cornucopia without getting in the way of other dragons, but it was a drop in the ocean compared to what she needed to gather. There had to be more elsewhere. The skydancer crossed a few fields, pausing only to rinse off the ketchup in a small stream. She didn’t want to be red all day.

There was a barn in the distance, and she felt a faint quivering in her antennae- there must be living creatures in there. As she got closer she could see the staggering forms of goats. Of course! Milk! It would be the perfect addition to her stash.

The goats bleated and edged away when she trotted up to the entrance, endless bottle in hand. “Oh, I’m not that kind of dragon,” she told them, folding her wings tight to look smaller, “Skydancers don’t eat meat. And I’m not that much bigger than you, besides.” Euclase carefully leapt the gate keeping them in the barn. They moved even further away from her and she could sense a surge of agitation among them, but she ignored it for the time being, looking for the nearest nanny goat. She grabbed it gently and held it fast in her arms while she milked it. “See? No eating. Surely its dragons that take care of you lot in the first place, so you needn’t be so-- Oh!”

She had neglected to pay attention to the billygoats, and now a searing pain in her right leg told her how much of a mistake that had been. One must have rammed her from behind. “Alright, Alright, I’m leaving!” She grabbed her bottle and staggered back out of the barn. He hopped on three legs until she was far enough from the barn to calm the goats down, then lay down in a heap. Her leg hurt terribly- definitely broken. That was okay, she told herself, it wasn’t her first broken bone. She knew how to set one, but it would be a terrible nuisance to treat it alone and without first aid supplies.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
[columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/563598/56359738.png[/img] [nextcol]Osmundaeus needed to catch up after deciding to avoid the obvious trap. He [i]totally [/i]didn't run because he saw a Sugarbee buzzing around the fruit. Besides, it was getting crazy in there! Better to get as far away from that chaos as possible to avoid early injury, he reasons. He runs a fair distance away before composing himself, and is interrupted in his thoughts by a small shack in the distance with deeply scented wood smoke billowing from the top. He carefully scopes out the area before heading inside. It seems to be (an aptly named) smokehouse. He opens the door and lets the built up smoke air out before entering. "Aha! Perfecto!" he cries out as he begins to collect the salami that hung from hooks on the ceiling boards. He only managed to remove two before he heard heavy footfall approaching the entrance. Armed only with un-sliced deli meats, he took a beefy blade in both hands and charged the doorway. It was another competitor- the pearlcatcher he'd seen being scolded for outside food. The scoundrel! He'd figured he'd better take her out now before she got the chance to cheat again! Letting out his best (albeit not that impressive) warcry, he chased after her wielding his sausagey weapons. [/columns] ------ [center][size=2]@dragonfruiteen not at all-- Happy to interact! Thanks for the ping. ^^[/size][/center]
56359738.png Osmundaeus needed to catch up after deciding to avoid the obvious trap. He totally didn't run because he saw a Sugarbee buzzing around the fruit. Besides, it was getting crazy in there! Better to get as far away from that chaos as possible to avoid early injury, he reasons.

He runs a fair distance away before composing himself, and is interrupted in his thoughts by a small shack in the distance with deeply scented wood smoke billowing from the top. He carefully scopes out the area before heading inside. It seems to be (an aptly named) smokehouse. He opens the door and lets the built up smoke air out before entering.

"Aha! Perfecto!" he cries out as he begins to collect the salami that hung from hooks on the ceiling boards. He only managed to remove two before he heard heavy footfall approaching the entrance. Armed only with un-sliced deli meats, he took a beefy blade in both hands and charged the doorway.

It was another competitor- the pearlcatcher he'd seen being scolded for outside food. The scoundrel! He'd figured he'd better take her out now before she got the chance to cheat again! Letting out his best (albeit not that impressive) warcry, he chased after her wielding his sausagey weapons.

@dragonfruiteen not at all-- Happy to interact! Thanks for the ping. ^^
Earth-Crystal-2.png
Earth-Crystal.png
Echo might have gotten distracted in the goat barn, but the creatures made such funny reactions to his mimiced goat sounds that he lost track of time. Suddenly a commotion breaks out of a pen at the other end of the barn. A blue skydancer is trying to milk some of the nanny goats, and her billygoat boyfriend is having none of that. A sickening sound can be heard across the barn, and has the skydancer leaves, it's obvious that there is damage to a leg. Gathering his stuff, Echo follows after. That leg is going to be a two person job to splint.
Echo might have gotten distracted in the goat barn, but the creatures made such funny reactions to his mimiced goat sounds that he lost track of time. Suddenly a commotion breaks out of a pen at the other end of the barn. A blue skydancer is trying to milk some of the nanny goats, and her billygoat boyfriend is having none of that. A sickening sound can be heard across the barn, and has the skydancer leaves, it's obvious that there is damage to a leg. Gathering his stuff, Echo follows after. That leg is going to be a two person job to splint.
jt3PpxV.pngPwHm1vg.gifez8W9jX.gif
I'm losing my mind over cinnaminny deciding to chase down an imperial for his shrimping fork. Honey.................

I can't roleplay well, but I'm just going to say her old captain's listening to the radio somewhere and is regretting some bets she made. (because of course there's an active betting scene around the hungry games)

@Snek I need a rule clarification - can I send spectator gifts while still being an active participant, or must i wait until my dragon is knocked out?
I'm losing my mind over cinnaminny deciding to chase down an imperial for his shrimping fork. Honey.................

I can't roleplay well, but I'm just going to say her old captain's listening to the radio somewhere and is regretting some bets she made. (because of course there's an active betting scene around the hungry games)

@Snek I need a rule clarification - can I send spectator gifts while still being an active participant, or must i wait until my dragon is knocked out?
D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
Aw rats, first round? Man that sucks. I'm looking forward to seeing the ending though [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
Aw rats, first round? Man that sucks. I'm looking forward to seeing the ending though
KihBt9M.png
aaaa Ashton
He/It
Virgo
FRT + 3
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
aaaaa
Moodboards for Gems
Dom Org / AFF Runner
AFF Hub
Credit
aaaa
KPsrVzj.png
Olivine glanced behind her again. The Skydancer was still chasing her! "Come on, don't you have something better to do?" she yelled over her shoulder. She needed to find more food, and she couldn't do that while being chased.

Abrubtly, Olivine jumped into the air and took off. Although she was Earthborn, she had learned a lot of tricks from her Wind clanmates. Hopefully the Skydancer wouldn't be able to keep up, and maybe she could circle around back to that smokehouse. She'd spent a while looking for it, and was loathe to just abandon it to whoever else might come along.

@Martine
Olivine glanced behind her again. The Skydancer was still chasing her! "Come on, don't you have something better to do?" she yelled over her shoulder. She needed to find more food, and she couldn't do that while being chased.

Abrubtly, Olivine jumped into the air and took off. Although she was Earthborn, she had learned a lot of tricks from her Wind clanmates. Hopefully the Skydancer wouldn't be able to keep up, and maybe she could circle around back to that smokehouse. She'd spent a while looking for it, and was loathe to just abandon it to whoever else might come along.

@Martine
[columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/563598/56359738.png[/img] [nextcol] Oz the Great is so full of adrenaline that he chases Olivine for quite a while. It's only after she takes flight that he stops; panting and struggling to catch his breath. As he rests, he realizes a few things. One is that he now has no idea where he's at, and two---its getting later and the temperature is beginning to drop. Rather than continue to chase the poor pearlcatcher, Oz decides to sit down, stash the salami, and come up with a plan. [/columns] ----- [size=2]@dragonfruiteen
56359738.png Oz the Great is so full of adrenaline that he chases Olivine for quite a while. It's only after she takes flight that he stops; panting and struggling to catch his breath. As he rests, he realizes a few things. One is that he now has no idea where he's at, and two---its getting later and the temperature is beginning to drop. Rather than continue to chase the poor pearlcatcher, Oz decides to sit down, stash the salami, and come up with a plan.

@dragonfruiteen
Earth-Crystal-2.png
Earth-Crystal.png
Olivine let out a sigh of relief when the Skydancer didn't follow her into the sky. Maybe now she could backtrack to the shed... Except as she looked around, she realized that she didn't know where she was. Normally she had an excellent sense of direction, but she'd been so focused on getting away that she hadn't paid any attention at all to where she was going.

Growling a little to herself, Olivine checked that her pearl was still safely tucked away in her satchel. Once she reassured herself that it hadn't fallen out, she picked a random direction and started flying. Looks like she would have to find a new source of food, after all.
Olivine let out a sigh of relief when the Skydancer didn't follow her into the sky. Maybe now she could backtrack to the shed... Except as she looked around, she realized that she didn't know where she was. Normally she had an excellent sense of direction, but she'd been so focused on getting away that she hadn't paid any attention at all to where she was going.

Growling a little to herself, Olivine checked that her pearl was still safely tucked away in her satchel. Once she reassured herself that it hadn't fallen out, she picked a random direction and started flying. Looks like she would have to find a new source of food, after all.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 42 43