Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 169 170
@vanillaicecream1 you only need to ping another player if you interact with them. You don’t need to ping anyone if you’re tribute is just doing their own thing or interacting with NPCs. Basically if you expect/want a response from a specific person, use a ping! Game Makers are NPCs and so don’t need a ping. Hope that helps!
@vanillaicecream1 you only need to ping another player if you interact with them. You don’t need to ping anyone if you’re tribute is just doing their own thing or interacting with NPCs. Basically if you expect/want a response from a specific person, use a ping! Game Makers are NPCs and so don’t need a ping. Hope that helps!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
Dredge | District 10 | Plague | Guardian

"I'll call you Hem if it's alright with you." Dredge decided after a moment of thought. Hemlock wasn't a particularly long name, but using it would make the whole situation all too real. It was easier for the emotional Guardian to simply stick to nicknames. He regretted briefly that he had given her his name - it would be painful to hear it called by the young voice - but thankfully it seemed she had stuck to calling him 'big guy'.

His breaded maw began to part again to continue, however, the action was interrupted by new arrivals on the scene. Plague-born eyes flicked over only to see some official-looking dragons step among the tributes; they appeared to be observing each member with a scrutinizing, judging gaze. Game Masters. No doubt.

A long breath escaped Dredge's nostrils before his attention once more landed on the Coatl. Instead of his previously not-well-masked panic, a more serious and determined tone rumbled up his gullet. "I will help protect you in the arena. Together we can make it to the end."

And after that point... Well it was best not to think about it until they got there.

Pings: @CinamonPizza
Dredge | District 10 | Plague | Guardian

"I'll call you Hem if it's alright with you." Dredge decided after a moment of thought. Hemlock wasn't a particularly long name, but using it would make the whole situation all too real. It was easier for the emotional Guardian to simply stick to nicknames. He regretted briefly that he had given her his name - it would be painful to hear it called by the young voice - but thankfully it seemed she had stuck to calling him 'big guy'.

His breaded maw began to part again to continue, however, the action was interrupted by new arrivals on the scene. Plague-born eyes flicked over only to see some official-looking dragons step among the tributes; they appeared to be observing each member with a scrutinizing, judging gaze. Game Masters. No doubt.

A long breath escaped Dredge's nostrils before his attention once more landed on the Coatl. Instead of his previously not-well-masked panic, a more serious and determined tone rumbled up his gullet. "I will help protect you in the arena. Together we can make it to the end."

And after that point... Well it was best not to think about it until they got there.

Pings: @CinamonPizza
Yx-Lpm2-Q222.pngFR+2 | She/Her | WishlistYxLpm2Q.png
Hemlock | District 6 | Nature | Coatl

She had already managed an ally, something she couldnt seem to beleive. A genuine companion, or at least she hoped he was. Still, she was glad to have managed to converse with someone for the first time in what felt like forever. She too found herself distracted by the game makers, who had made their way into the place they were residing.

"Thanks for the assurance, big guy. I... appreciate it."

While she wasnt sure if the game makers would reconize her for what she was, she sure didnt want to find out. She figured a bunch of the attention was already on her seeing as, as far as she could tell, she was the only nature dragon in the games meant to celebrate the Plaguemother. Before Dredge had the chance to respond, she found herself trotting off in the opposite direction of the Game Makers, hoping they wouldn't notice her more than what was needed. Whatever he was looking to do with them, she hoped the best. For now, though, she just wanted to remain hidden and avpid both the attention of being a Nature dragon in the Games and potentially being discovered for what she really was...
Hemlock | District 6 | Nature | Coatl

She had already managed an ally, something she couldnt seem to beleive. A genuine companion, or at least she hoped he was. Still, she was glad to have managed to converse with someone for the first time in what felt like forever. She too found herself distracted by the game makers, who had made their way into the place they were residing.

"Thanks for the assurance, big guy. I... appreciate it."

While she wasnt sure if the game makers would reconize her for what she was, she sure didnt want to find out. She figured a bunch of the attention was already on her seeing as, as far as she could tell, she was the only nature dragon in the games meant to celebrate the Plaguemother. Before Dredge had the chance to respond, she found herself trotting off in the opposite direction of the Game Makers, hoping they wouldn't notice her more than what was needed. Whatever he was looking to do with them, she hoped the best. For now, though, she just wanted to remain hidden and avpid both the attention of being a Nature dragon in the Games and potentially being discovered for what she really was...
Cleaning up the dust...
@/3idolon
Ooh, pinglist for the next round, please! ^^
@/3idolon
Ooh, pinglist for the next round, please! ^^
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Valarys | District 11 | Shadow | Fae

Play the role of the joyful fool

“Soothing?,” Valarys said perplexedly, ignoring the Spiral obviously sizing him up, “I guess each dragon have their own way of calming themselves.”

He fluttered his wings in excitement, “I do things such as mediation, yoga, and gardening to soothe myself after a long day's work in the fields.”

Valarys paused in his movements momentarily before staring directing at the Spiral with eyes that seemed to be in complete panic.

“I totally forgot to ask for your name!,” he fretted, pulling on his frills, “I also forgot to tell you my name as well. As what kind of dragon am I as that's basic courtesy!

@dadminkestler
Valarys | District 11 | Shadow | Fae

Play the role of the joyful fool

“Soothing?,” Valarys said perplexedly, ignoring the Spiral obviously sizing him up, “I guess each dragon have their own way of calming themselves.”

He fluttered his wings in excitement, “I do things such as mediation, yoga, and gardening to soothe myself after a long day's work in the fields.”

Valarys paused in his movements momentarily before staring directing at the Spiral with eyes that seemed to be in complete panic.

“I totally forgot to ask for your name!,” he fretted, pulling on his frills, “I also forgot to tell you my name as well. As what kind of dragon am I as that's basic courtesy!

@dadminkestler
Nuzlocke

tumblr_papfgyiEtt1vvc1jno3_500.png
@slothfulMutt I really like your rp style
@slothfulMutt I really like your rp style
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif
@Vanillaicecream1
Whoops. It's a good thing I'm not participating because I don't know much about strategy...
Yea that was dumb. Maybe I shouldn't really be roleplaying, sorry if I screw up again.
I really don't know what to say right now either DX

Aya- District 3- Arcane- Pearlcatcher

"Uh.. em..." I didn't really know what to say, I was so embarrassed. I goofed up. I goofed up so bad. This is what everyone in my district told me not to do AND I DID IT. I feel so ashamed. Part of me wanted to run away and hide, but that would be very rude. I don't know what to do. I said really quietly, "Um... I'm sorry... I won't do it again... maybe I should just leave you alone..." I wanted to cry.
@Vanillaicecream1
Whoops. It's a good thing I'm not participating because I don't know much about strategy...
Yea that was dumb. Maybe I shouldn't really be roleplaying, sorry if I screw up again.
I really don't know what to say right now either DX

Aya- District 3- Arcane- Pearlcatcher

"Uh.. em..." I didn't really know what to say, I was so embarrassed. I goofed up. I goofed up so bad. This is what everyone in my district told me not to do AND I DID IT. I feel so ashamed. Part of me wanted to run away and hide, but that would be very rude. I don't know what to do. I said really quietly, "Um... I'm sorry... I won't do it again... maybe I should just leave you alone..." I wanted to cry.
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
(@Avrap just a small peak from behind the curtain, but you absolutely 100% did not screw up and you are doing a wonderful job role playing! Your RP decisions will not affect your game standings, that is determined by the simulator RNG. The RP component is just for fun and the chance to win a prize! So please don't worry about 'strategy' or the 'right thing to say' or anything like that! Just imagine yourself as your character and act as you think they would act, for good or for bad. It'd be boring indeed if our characters only ever made the right decisions! Also, I'm sure vanillaicecream1 was also acting in character, their gruff dragon was reacting to your character's dialogue according to their own personality. Anyway, good job so far, and have fun!)
(@Avrap just a small peak from behind the curtain, but you absolutely 100% did not screw up and you are doing a wonderful job role playing! Your RP decisions will not affect your game standings, that is determined by the simulator RNG. The RP component is just for fun and the chance to win a prize! So please don't worry about 'strategy' or the 'right thing to say' or anything like that! Just imagine yourself as your character and act as you think they would act, for good or for bad. It'd be boring indeed if our characters only ever made the right decisions! Also, I'm sure vanillaicecream1 was also acting in character, their gruff dragon was reacting to your character's dialogue according to their own personality. Anyway, good job so far, and have fun!)
@
@
[quote name="3idolon" date="2019-10-02 16:02:13" ] (@Avrap just a small peak from behind the curtain, but you absolutely 100% did not screw up and you are doing a wonderful job role playing! Your RP decisions will not affect your game standings, that is determined by the simulator RNG. The RP component is just for fun and the chance to win a prize! So please don't worry about 'strategy' or the 'right thing to say' or anything like that! Just imagine yourself as your character and act as you think they would act, for good or for bad. It'd be boring indeed if our characters only ever made the right decisions! Also, I'm sure vanillaicecream1 was also acting in character, their gruff dragon was reacting to your character's dialogue according to their own personality. Anyway, good job so far, and have fun!) [/quote] I guess I kinda was just a little intimidated because I myself didn't realize that was a naive decision, which it is okay with me for Aya to be a naive character, and I guess vanillaicecream1's reaction just made me a bit nervous. Aya's character is a representation of myself (other than magic and stuff but you get the point), because that is the easiest for me to RP, I felt really stupid because that might be something I would actually do. Let's just assume I was getting really into character.
3idolon wrote on 2019-10-02 16:02:13:
I guess I kinda was just a little intimidated because I myself didn't realize that was a naive decision, which it is okay with me for Aya to be a naive character, and I guess vanillaicecream1's reaction just made me a bit nervous. Aya's character is a representation of myself (other than magic and stuff but you get the point), because that is the easiest for me to RP, I felt really stupid because that might be something I would actually do. Let's just assume I was getting really into character.
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
[quote name="@Avrap" date="2019-10-02 16:13:23" ] Let's just assume I was getting really into character. [/quote] Hehe, that's the spirit! And honestly this is exactly the type of venue to explore your character like this; try things out, learn stuff, etc. There are no stakes and no wrong moves [emoji=mirror happy size=1]. I'm looking forward to learning more about Aya as things continue!
@Avrap wrote on 2019-10-02 16:13:23:
Let's just assume I was getting really into character.

Hehe, that's the spirit! And honestly this is exactly the type of venue to explore your character like this; try things out, learn stuff, etc. There are no stakes and no wrong moves . I'm looking forward to learning more about Aya as things continue!
@
@
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 169 170