Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 169 170
@slothfulMutt
||No worries! I've never roleplayed on FR before X3 ||

Tippens - District 9 - Light/Plague - Spiral

The voice startled him out of his thoughts, but the spiral hid it rather well, gaze sliding over to the fae with his usual blank expression. Nostrils flared as he lifted the doll; a rather sloppy handmade lookalike of the Lightweaver. "Oh, this?" he asked, tilting his head. "Little friend, feh. I like sticking needles in its eyes when I have the chance."

Tippens grinned toothily. "I find it soothing." He lowered the thing and gave his fellow tribute a once over, clearly sizing him up.
@slothfulMutt
||No worries! I've never roleplayed on FR before X3 ||

Tippens - District 9 - Light/Plague - Spiral

The voice startled him out of his thoughts, but the spiral hid it rather well, gaze sliding over to the fae with his usual blank expression. Nostrils flared as he lifted the doll; a rather sloppy handmade lookalike of the Lightweaver. "Oh, this?" he asked, tilting his head. "Little friend, feh. I like sticking needles in its eyes when I have the chance."

Tippens grinned toothily. "I find it soothing." He lowered the thing and gave his fellow tribute a once over, clearly sizing him up.
R6ZJKtW.gif
A FAQs
Buying Maroon Tert G1s
Tarot Shop
Wishlist
Clan Lore
AAAAAAAAAAA qC8XNby.png
Sinsey- District 5- Arcane- Wildclaw
@Avrap
When Sinsey felt done glaring, she decided to do a quick mental analysis of the dragon facing her. female, pearlcatcher, slightly clumsy, but mostly just nervous. Also probably has quite a short attention span. Is of Arcane origin, but could fit in with any wind dragons by the look of her scales. Seems smart and sweet at heart, but maybe suffers from anxiety? Probably a tribe healer, and could know which plants are safe to eat and which are poisonous, which could be helpful, but she would probably make a clumsy mistake that would get at least one of them killed, and it would probably have to do with that giant pearl she was carrying around.
Instead of saying this, or being obvious she was really thinking it, she kept an even face, and just snorted. “ Stop apologizing, and I’m assuming with an attention to detail like that, archery is not your thing, so what is?”
@Avrap
When Sinsey felt done glaring, she decided to do a quick mental analysis of the dragon facing her. female, pearlcatcher, slightly clumsy, but mostly just nervous. Also probably has quite a short attention span. Is of Arcane origin, but could fit in with any wind dragons by the look of her scales. Seems smart and sweet at heart, but maybe suffers from anxiety? Probably a tribe healer, and could know which plants are safe to eat and which are poisonous, which could be helpful, but she would probably make a clumsy mistake that would get at least one of them killed, and it would probably have to do with that giant pearl she was carrying around.
Instead of saying this, or being obvious she was really thinking it, she kept an even face, and just snorted. “ Stop apologizing, and I’m assuming with an attention to detail like that, archery is not your thing, so what is?”
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif
@3idolon
May I be added to the pinglist for round 2?
@3idolon
May I be added to the pinglist for round 2?

@vanillaicecream1
Aya- District 3- Arcane- Pearlcatcher (My Avatar)
Note: I have school tomorrow, so my reply may be late! Sorry!

I started to calm down and stop stuttering as the wildclaw spoke. "I-I-well magic, I guess, but I have a feeling I should at least attempt to expand my skills. I think using a knife of some kind wouldn't be good for me either," She paused, trying not to say "because I don't want to have to watch my enemies die" and instead said, "but I'm not sure what to focus on. I know a bunch about herbs and plants too, but convincing my foes to eat poisonous berries or something doesn't seem like much of a strategy." I attempted to make a joke, but I'm not sure if I conveyed the message properly. Looking around at the other dragons, I see many with menacing eyes, taking a quick glance at me and then looking away with a look that said, "Oh, she'll be easy."

@vanillaicecream1
Aya- District 3- Arcane- Pearlcatcher (My Avatar)
Note: I have school tomorrow, so my reply may be late! Sorry!

I started to calm down and stop stuttering as the wildclaw spoke. "I-I-well magic, I guess, but I have a feeling I should at least attempt to expand my skills. I think using a knife of some kind wouldn't be good for me either," She paused, trying not to say "because I don't want to have to watch my enemies die" and instead said, "but I'm not sure what to focus on. I know a bunch about herbs and plants too, but convincing my foes to eat poisonous berries or something doesn't seem like much of a strategy." I attempted to make a joke, but I'm not sure if I conveyed the message properly. Looking around at the other dragons, I see many with menacing eyes, taking a quick glance at me and then looking away with a look that said, "Oh, she'll be easy."
Yeeeeeeeeeeet
My Long Drop
My Godlocke

Try out the Hungerlocke!
Dredge | District 10 | Plague | Guardian

The fact that the young Coatl could see the silver lining in all this only made Dredge's paternal heart ache more. It was probably a good thing the young Nature child had sensitive feathers because a hug would most likely send him into tears. She reminded him of the calves born back in District 10 - so jovial despite what their fate would ultimately be. The Guardian gave a brief shake of his head to clear away such thoughts - forcing a smile back onto his maw.

"That's a great way to put it. I'm sure you'll get to see your friends again, too."

His crimson gaze did its best to seem warm and assuring, but any keen eye could see the worry run rampant within. Was there some way he could help her make it to the end? What if there were more hatchlings that he just hadn't seen yet? By the Mother, there was no way Dredge could even indirectly harm a kid. This whole event was only get more and more terrible.

The Guardian swallowed the knot that was beginning to form in his throat before trying his paws at another subject, "So what's your name, kid? Got any cool nicknames they call you?"

Pings: @CinamonPizza
Dredge | District 10 | Plague | Guardian

The fact that the young Coatl could see the silver lining in all this only made Dredge's paternal heart ache more. It was probably a good thing the young Nature child had sensitive feathers because a hug would most likely send him into tears. She reminded him of the calves born back in District 10 - so jovial despite what their fate would ultimately be. The Guardian gave a brief shake of his head to clear away such thoughts - forcing a smile back onto his maw.

"That's a great way to put it. I'm sure you'll get to see your friends again, too."

His crimson gaze did its best to seem warm and assuring, but any keen eye could see the worry run rampant within. Was there some way he could help her make it to the end? What if there were more hatchlings that he just hadn't seen yet? By the Mother, there was no way Dredge could even indirectly harm a kid. This whole event was only get more and more terrible.

The Guardian swallowed the knot that was beginning to form in his throat before trying his paws at another subject, "So what's your name, kid? Got any cool nicknames they call you?"

Pings: @CinamonPizza
Yx-Lpm2-Q222.pngFR+2 | She/Her | WishlistYxLpm2Q.png
@3idolon
I would love to be added to the pinglist for round 2! c:
@3idolon
I would love to be added to the pinglist for round 2! c:
..............................................................................................................................

zyy8DcX.png
they/them | faq | wishlist | +2
@BoulderEmber

Hemlock | District 6 | Nature | Coatl

"Oh, right, m'names Hemlock! No nicknames that I know of, though, so feel free to shorten that however ya want."

She saw the worry in his eyes, and she knew why it was there. She wasnt sure how to further comfort him on the matter, especially because he had been like this her entire life. Still, she let her words try and garner more sympathy for herself; Such a large and seemingly powerful ally would help her during the games, after all.

"Dont worry about my age, big guy. Small size just means I can fly away quicker. Plus if I get larger friends, it just means they have someone they can easilly defend, plus Im sure that if I learn the right skills, I could also be a good weapon too!"
@BoulderEmber

Hemlock | District 6 | Nature | Coatl

"Oh, right, m'names Hemlock! No nicknames that I know of, though, so feel free to shorten that however ya want."

She saw the worry in his eyes, and she knew why it was there. She wasnt sure how to further comfort him on the matter, especially because he had been like this her entire life. Still, she let her words try and garner more sympathy for herself; Such a large and seemingly powerful ally would help her during the games, after all.

"Dont worry about my age, big guy. Small size just means I can fly away quicker. Plus if I get larger friends, it just means they have someone they can easilly defend, plus Im sure that if I learn the right skills, I could also be a good weapon too!"
Cleaning up the dust...
@Avrap
Wow, it was that easy huh? That easy for her to tell me all of her strengths and a weakness. Where is this dragons mentor? Sinsey had a stack of advice to give this dragon, but she wasn’t sure she would give it. She didn’t want to dig her grave, like this dragon was a couple of seconds ago, attracting all sorts of looks in their direction. Not wanting to give too much away, or this dragon clinging to her, Sinsey simply stated “ If someone asks what your strengths or weaknesses are, you never tell them. Over half the dragons in could have heard what you said, and now you are an easy target” Sinsey paused, unsure if she should give more advice.
@Avrap
Wow, it was that easy huh? That easy for her to tell me all of her strengths and a weakness. Where is this dragons mentor? Sinsey had a stack of advice to give this dragon, but she wasn’t sure she would give it. She didn’t want to dig her grave, like this dragon was a couple of seconds ago, attracting all sorts of looks in their direction. Not wanting to give too much away, or this dragon clinging to her, Sinsey simply stated “ If someone asks what your strengths or weaknesses are, you never tell them. Over half the dragons in could have heard what you said, and now you are an easy target” Sinsey paused, unsure if she should give more advice.
sReBJoC.png0f820ed4-372f-11ea-9739-ef7cb34031b1.gif ebfdac0f-372e-11ea-ab14-ef7cb34031b1.gif
Round 1 RPers:
@Avrap @myriadofstars @TheClockworkHowl @sockmonkeygerald @slothfulMutt @BoulderEnder @CinamonPizza @ShrimpChronos @dadminkestler @Dakkokki @vanillaicecream1

The sheet for keeping track of raffle tickets is up. You can view it HERE

I realized that if your Tribute dies early in the games you won't have a chance to receive raffle tickets. To make things fair I'm going to implement a few options so that you have the opportunity to receive the same amount of tickets as everyone else, regardless of if/when you die.
  1. For the intents and purposes of the 1st place prize and Most Kills prize, if you die in the simulator you are effectively "dead." However for the sake of RPing, you can miraculously survive and attempt to escape the arena to return home. You may also interact with other "dead" tributes, but you may not interact with tributes that are still alive and in the running for the 1st place prize.
  2. You can take on a new character: someone watching the games, a friend or family member back home, etc. This option will likely limit your opportunity for interactive role play, but it will count toward raffle tickets.
  3. You can bump the thread. Only bumping from "dead" tributes officially signed up as RPers will count toward raffle tickets.

Let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions!

Finally, many of you have started to meet one another and feel free to continue with your conversations. However the optional prompt for today is that the Game Makers have appeared to get a first look at the tributes and begin to assess their strengths and weaknesses. Now is your first opportunity to impress them, should you choose to take it.
Round 1 RPers:
@Avrap @myriadofstars @TheClockworkHowl @sockmonkeygerald @slothfulMutt @BoulderEnder @CinamonPizza @ShrimpChronos @dadminkestler @Dakkokki @vanillaicecream1

The sheet for keeping track of raffle tickets is up. You can view it HERE

I realized that if your Tribute dies early in the games you won't have a chance to receive raffle tickets. To make things fair I'm going to implement a few options so that you have the opportunity to receive the same amount of tickets as everyone else, regardless of if/when you die.
  1. For the intents and purposes of the 1st place prize and Most Kills prize, if you die in the simulator you are effectively "dead." However for the sake of RPing, you can miraculously survive and attempt to escape the arena to return home. You may also interact with other "dead" tributes, but you may not interact with tributes that are still alive and in the running for the 1st place prize.
  2. You can take on a new character: someone watching the games, a friend or family member back home, etc. This option will likely limit your opportunity for interactive role play, but it will count toward raffle tickets.
  3. You can bump the thread. Only bumping from "dead" tributes officially signed up as RPers will count toward raffle tickets.

Let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions!

Finally, many of you have started to meet one another and feel free to continue with your conversations. However the optional prompt for today is that the Game Makers have appeared to get a first look at the tributes and begin to assess their strengths and weaknesses. Now is your first opportunity to impress them, should you choose to take it.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon do we need to ping anyone for the gamemaker assessments?
@3idolon do we need to ping anyone for the gamemaker assessments?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 169 170