Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Skaya quickly nodded, their focus brought back to reality. Leilana could tell they were relieved, and so was she really. Skaya was one that feared regret and wished to tie up loose ends but she knew they hadn't been looking forward to trying to fly with an entire stretcher. Odd's carriers walked their way back up the slope as night fell. The Gatekeeper was almost entirely invisible now, save for their blazing shadow emblem and glowing eyes. The gateway back to their clan was lit by the Wild, the shadows of worried and waiting clanmates flitting about. "If I see the Wastelands again it'll be too soon." Leilana grumbled. "I guess this warm welcome served its purpose for helping us decide about that plague tunnel expansion..." The tundra shuddered, briefly rocking Odd. "Oh gods no, my clan won't be coming back here if I can help it." They carried Odd through. "At least, not for a long while. I wonder what's keeping the other two..."
Seiun didn't bother hiding her look of deep suspicion and contempt as she glared at the "empty" side of the river. Halinik opened his magenta eye and quietly observed the space. Eternity, if he remembered correctly, and the guardian had been back a ways as they had flown over and should have been steadily drawing near. Instead they had chosen to hide. Curious indeed. He wasn't interested in what the suspicious pair wanted to do, unless they were coming for Chloe, that was possible from the last interaction he had seen of them. He smiled down at the small mirror at his feet as he bowed once again, horns nearly brushing the ground. They couldn't delay further, his mate could only hold her form for so long and they couldn't expect their primordial friend to stand outside and keep a dangerous liability open all night. Even now Seiun's smoky streaks swirled across her starry scales at an increasing speed.

"I hope to meet again some day little one, perhaps when we don't have to worry about our friend." The moons were rising as the two imperials helped Chloe's featherback bear her weight as all three took off into the night. Hal's scales blended in near perfectly with the cloudless sky. They flew out of the arena and toward the slope where the guardian stood and beckoned them to the shadows. The trio came to land with the body and stalked into the gateway. The Gatekeeper took one last look over the land, before following, the way behind them vanishing under a swarm of grasping figures as the natural shadows of the local jungle reclaimed their positions.
@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayune
@Tripkatt13
@Havic
been fun! But i think I'm gonna pull out now. The next few days are full of traveling for me and my family and this has been a drain on my energy ^^;
Skaya quickly nodded, their focus brought back to reality. Leilana could tell they were relieved, and so was she really. Skaya was one that feared regret and wished to tie up loose ends but she knew they hadn't been looking forward to trying to fly with an entire stretcher. Odd's carriers walked their way back up the slope as night fell. The Gatekeeper was almost entirely invisible now, save for their blazing shadow emblem and glowing eyes. The gateway back to their clan was lit by the Wild, the shadows of worried and waiting clanmates flitting about. "If I see the Wastelands again it'll be too soon." Leilana grumbled. "I guess this warm welcome served its purpose for helping us decide about that plague tunnel expansion..." The tundra shuddered, briefly rocking Odd. "Oh gods no, my clan won't be coming back here if I can help it." They carried Odd through. "At least, not for a long while. I wonder what's keeping the other two..."
Seiun didn't bother hiding her look of deep suspicion and contempt as she glared at the "empty" side of the river. Halinik opened his magenta eye and quietly observed the space. Eternity, if he remembered correctly, and the guardian had been back a ways as they had flown over and should have been steadily drawing near. Instead they had chosen to hide. Curious indeed. He wasn't interested in what the suspicious pair wanted to do, unless they were coming for Chloe, that was possible from the last interaction he had seen of them. He smiled down at the small mirror at his feet as he bowed once again, horns nearly brushing the ground. They couldn't delay further, his mate could only hold her form for so long and they couldn't expect their primordial friend to stand outside and keep a dangerous liability open all night. Even now Seiun's smoky streaks swirled across her starry scales at an increasing speed.

"I hope to meet again some day little one, perhaps when we don't have to worry about our friend." The moons were rising as the two imperials helped Chloe's featherback bear her weight as all three took off into the night. Hal's scales blended in near perfectly with the cloudless sky. They flew out of the arena and toward the slope where the guardian stood and beckoned them to the shadows. The trio came to land with the body and stalked into the gateway. The Gatekeeper took one last look over the land, before following, the way behind them vanishing under a swarm of grasping figures as the natural shadows of the local jungle reclaimed their positions.
@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayune
@Tripkatt13
@Havic
been fun! But i think I'm gonna pull out now. The next few days are full of traveling for me and my family and this has been a drain on my energy ^^;
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Yeah, I'd better be wrapping things up, too. Well, Odd has headed out through the Gatekeeper's rift so I have a pretty good stopping point. It's been fun, thank you all! Work has been so busy. Save me.

@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayune
@Tripkatt13
@Lednik
Yeah, I'd better be wrapping things up, too. Well, Odd has headed out through the Gatekeeper's rift so I have a pretty good stopping point. It's been fun, thank you all! Work has been so busy. Save me.

@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Alurayune
@Tripkatt13
@Lednik
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
I’m also going to be wrapping up seeing as I’m mostly out this week, it was fun role playing with everyone!
I’m also going to be wrapping up seeing as I’m mostly out this week, it was fun role playing with everyone!
As Bimala saw two large dragons fly towards where everyone was, she braced herself as best as she could in case they turned out to be hostile before relaxing as she saw the featherback boar make no move to attack them. Her fear completely went away as one of the dragons beckoned the boar closer with it complying. Maybe they were members of Chloe's clan? As the bigger dragon, Halinik, passed a vial supposedly containing something to soothe her pain, Bimala hesitantly said a "thank you" before starting to use the contents.

To her relief, the Imperial had been telling the truth and her pain started to fade. It didn't fade completely, but it would be enough for her to make it to the Starfall Isles, if not slightly further. As Halinik bowed to her and expressed his desire for them to meet again, Bimala couldn't help but smile back. "Same here. Maybe one day we can see one another outside of circumstances like these. Thanks for the vial, I really appreciate it." She replied, silently watching them take off with Chloe's body. She hoped her friend would be alright, and maybe one day they could just spend time together like they did before the Games.

As for Bimala herself, well...she didn't want to stay here a moment longer, and now that she could move without pain accompanying her every step, she prepared for her journey back to her clan. She'd need a lot of time for her wounds to heal, but after that, well, the Games had ignited a familiar sense of wanderlust in her. Perhaps she'd start travelling again, maybe meet up with the rest along the way. With those thoughts in her mind, she started moving, gradually breaking into a run as she looked forward to finally reuniting with her mentor and her clan.
I'll wrap things up here too. There's not much else to do, after all.

@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
@TripKatt13

Thank you so much for RPing with me! It was fun interacting with you all, and I'm glad my second time roleplaying was this enjoyable. Maybe someday we can role play together again, whether in Hunger Games 2020 or some other time, but even if we don't, it doesn't change the fact that this was such an enjoyable experience!
As Bimala saw two large dragons fly towards where everyone was, she braced herself as best as she could in case they turned out to be hostile before relaxing as she saw the featherback boar make no move to attack them. Her fear completely went away as one of the dragons beckoned the boar closer with it complying. Maybe they were members of Chloe's clan? As the bigger dragon, Halinik, passed a vial supposedly containing something to soothe her pain, Bimala hesitantly said a "thank you" before starting to use the contents.

To her relief, the Imperial had been telling the truth and her pain started to fade. It didn't fade completely, but it would be enough for her to make it to the Starfall Isles, if not slightly further. As Halinik bowed to her and expressed his desire for them to meet again, Bimala couldn't help but smile back. "Same here. Maybe one day we can see one another outside of circumstances like these. Thanks for the vial, I really appreciate it." She replied, silently watching them take off with Chloe's body. She hoped her friend would be alright, and maybe one day they could just spend time together like they did before the Games.

As for Bimala herself, well...she didn't want to stay here a moment longer, and now that she could move without pain accompanying her every step, she prepared for her journey back to her clan. She'd need a lot of time for her wounds to heal, but after that, well, the Games had ignited a familiar sense of wanderlust in her. Perhaps she'd start travelling again, maybe meet up with the rest along the way. With those thoughts in her mind, she started moving, gradually breaking into a run as she looked forward to finally reuniting with her mentor and her clan.
I'll wrap things up here too. There's not much else to do, after all.

@Unterrestrial
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
@TripKatt13

Thank you so much for RPing with me! It was fun interacting with you all, and I'm glad my second time roleplaying was this enjoyable. Maybe someday we can role play together again, whether in Hunger Games 2020 or some other time, but even if we don't, it doesn't change the fact that this was such an enjoyable experience!
hhhahah.png
Foxglove rose. “We should return home,” she murmured, dipping her head to the survivors. Regret twinged for a moment before she steered herself and limped away, her sister close behind, her ragged breathing harsh in the suddenly still air. The Arena connected us, but now that the Games are over, there is no reason to remain. She didn’t glance back. She had a home to return to, and yet melancholy resonated deep within her, her sentiments clinging to these dragons, perhaps the only friends she would ever have.

Now isn’t the time to wallow around, she hissed to herself. These dragons have lives, and so do we.

Her ribs hurt more than ever as she limped away from the Arena. Abruptly, stinging tears sprang into her eyes. It was over. The moment was so surreal, so otherworldly, even as she furiously flicked the tears from her eyes, because even though she had become willing to die for her sister — and the survivors — to escape, she was alive.

The Wildlands loomed ahead, on the dark horizon of the ruins. As they flew slowly towards it, Foxglove smirked to herself, brushing her claws along the provisions remaining from the Games. One silver dagger. One explosive. She smiled sadly as she threw both down into the woods and watched them fall. There would be no souvenirs.

“Come on, Bells,” Foxglove murmured as they descended into the Wildlands. Her claws landed on soft, fetid earth, and the return of the insects soothed her. She breathed in deeply as she looked around and listened to the soft trickle of water. This swamp will bring back memories I want to forget. But I couldn’t possibly leave the only home I’ve ever known. Even if I resented being left here, being forced to live here, I can’t go anywhere else.

“We’re home.”

@Alurayune
@Lednik
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
@Havic

It’s been a wild ride! I loved all the interactions and watching the characters grow and develop. Thank you for this fun experience :)
Foxglove rose. “We should return home,” she murmured, dipping her head to the survivors. Regret twinged for a moment before she steered herself and limped away, her sister close behind, her ragged breathing harsh in the suddenly still air. The Arena connected us, but now that the Games are over, there is no reason to remain. She didn’t glance back. She had a home to return to, and yet melancholy resonated deep within her, her sentiments clinging to these dragons, perhaps the only friends she would ever have.

Now isn’t the time to wallow around, she hissed to herself. These dragons have lives, and so do we.

Her ribs hurt more than ever as she limped away from the Arena. Abruptly, stinging tears sprang into her eyes. It was over. The moment was so surreal, so otherworldly, even as she furiously flicked the tears from her eyes, because even though she had become willing to die for her sister — and the survivors — to escape, she was alive.

The Wildlands loomed ahead, on the dark horizon of the ruins. As they flew slowly towards it, Foxglove smirked to herself, brushing her claws along the provisions remaining from the Games. One silver dagger. One explosive. She smiled sadly as she threw both down into the woods and watched them fall. There would be no souvenirs.

“Come on, Bells,” Foxglove murmured as they descended into the Wildlands. Her claws landed on soft, fetid earth, and the return of the insects soothed her. She breathed in deeply as she looked around and listened to the soft trickle of water. This swamp will bring back memories I want to forget. But I couldn’t possibly leave the only home I’ve ever known. Even if I resented being left here, being forced to live here, I can’t go anywhere else.

“We’re home.”

@Alurayune
@Lednik
@TripKatt13
@Unterrestrial
@Havic

It’s been a wild ride! I loved all the interactions and watching the characters grow and develop. Thank you for this fun experience :)
Fallen Eternity

He watched as they all began to leave, and he nodded. There was no need for them to know. He had his mission from the Shadowbinder, and it was about time he began it. Moving out, he took Oceanus along, the grumpy Guardian groaning about it.

He called to his Grandmother, and he disappeared, leaving a single burnt collection of grass in the shape of a black-flame colored sword in the middle of a circle in symbolism of his visit. He went back to his own time, happy that he had the chance, he was incredibly close to never seeing his home again. He just wished he might have said goodbye to the others, before he left.
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Unterrestrial

Alright guys, It's been so much fun! Thanks for this! :D
Fallen Eternity

He watched as they all began to leave, and he nodded. There was no need for them to know. He had his mission from the Shadowbinder, and it was about time he began it. Moving out, he took Oceanus along, the grumpy Guardian groaning about it.

He called to his Grandmother, and he disappeared, leaving a single burnt collection of grass in the shape of a black-flame colored sword in the middle of a circle in symbolism of his visit. He went back to his own time, happy that he had the chance, he was incredibly close to never seeing his home again. He just wished he might have said goodbye to the others, before he left.
@Galatheid
@Havic
@Lednik
@Alurayune
@Unterrestrial

Alright guys, It's been so much fun! Thanks for this! :D
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
Well, that was nail biting indeed, but well done Tributes, I'm happy to see you have successfully escaped the Arena! Thank you for coming along with me on this rollercoaster of an event, I hope to see you all again in 2020 [emoji=heart size=1]
Well, that was nail biting indeed, but well done Tributes, I'm happy to see you have successfully escaped the Arena! Thank you for coming along with me on this rollercoaster of an event, I hope to see you all again in 2020
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20525486] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205255/20525486_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center]~*O*~[/center] [i]Darkness. These waters, gorging and swallowing his battered guise deeper and deeper . . . His eyes, useless. His ears, throbbing and burning. His . . . lungs . . . Bubbles swarm around his head once more as the brackish waters invade his chest. With every lost breath, another seam pops and frays, and finally sloughs away. Beneath scales and flesh and fur, a longer, colder, aberrance is freed, one without need for breath. He need not struggle within the tides, pitch as his own form. His firmer flesh will no longer bruise against them, nor will his bones bend and break. Moon-fogged eyes gaze into the welcoming darkness, and so the aberrance slips between the currents. There and gone. Back towards flesh and hearth . . .[/i] [center]~o0o~[/center] "And from there, my journey back to our home involved a quick hunt and keeping watch on the stars," Hannibal recounts to Abigail, wide-eyed and enraptured by her father's tale. "And then?" "Well, I had to inform those that were running the Games that I had survived the arena event. I did not want to cause any confusion should I choose to join next year's Games." A heavy sigh drifts through a doorway, and a rather disgruntled Tundra walks into the cozy living area with part of his pack of canines in tow. "I don't want to hear anything about you joining a "Game" for a long while, got it?" Will grumbles at his mate, reclaiming his nest of blankets (which Hannibal has oh-so coincidentally decided to curl around). "You haven't even been home for two weeks yet, and Abigail and I had to spend another two worried to death over your hide after hearing about what happened to you." Hannibal gazes down at the bristling Tundra with ever-affectionate crimson eyes, smoothing some of the puffed out fur with his chin. "I apologize for worrying you so, beloved. I will not mention it again, at least until it does not fill you with such distress." Will huffs a bit more, but begins to calm with that promise and allow the incoming grooming session without a fuss. Abigail just watches this interaction between her parents with growing amusement, taking a quiet sip from her mug and relaxing into her own blanket nest. [sub][sub](I just wanted to finish Hannibal's storyline off before it slipped my mind again, so feel free to ignore this!)

~*O*~

Darkness.

These waters, gorging and swallowing his battered guise deeper and deeper . . .

His eyes, useless. His ears, throbbing and burning. His . . . lungs . . .

Bubbles swarm around his head once more as the brackish waters invade his chest. With every lost breath, another seam pops and frays, and finally sloughs away. Beneath scales and flesh and fur, a longer, colder, aberrance is freed, one without need for breath.

He need not struggle within the tides, pitch as his own form. His firmer flesh will no longer bruise against them, nor will his bones bend and break.

Moon-fogged eyes gaze into the welcoming darkness, and so the aberrance slips between the currents.

There and gone.

Back towards flesh and hearth . . .

~o0o~

"And from there, my journey back to our home involved a quick hunt and keeping watch on the stars," Hannibal recounts to Abigail, wide-eyed and enraptured by her father's tale.

"And then?"

"Well, I had to inform those that were running the Games that I had survived the arena event. I did not want to cause any confusion should I choose to join next year's Games."

A heavy sigh drifts through a doorway, and a rather disgruntled Tundra walks into the cozy living area with part of his pack of canines in tow.

"I don't want to hear anything about you joining a "Game" for a long while, got it?" Will grumbles at his mate, reclaiming his nest of blankets (which Hannibal has oh-so coincidentally decided to curl around). "You haven't even been home for two weeks yet, and Abigail and I had to spend another two worried to death over your hide after hearing about what happened to you."

Hannibal gazes down at the bristling Tundra with ever-affectionate crimson eyes, smoothing some of the puffed out fur with his chin. "I apologize for worrying you so, beloved. I will not mention it again, at least until it does not fill you with such distress."

Will huffs a bit more, but begins to calm with that promise and allow the incoming grooming session without a fuss. Abigail just watches this interaction between her parents with growing amusement, taking a quiet sip from her mug and relaxing into her own blanket nest.

(I just wanted to finish Hannibal's storyline off before it slipped my mind again, so feel free to ignore this!)
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
1 2 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170