Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 141 142
@Petall
Kell was the first egg the Talonok stole from my clan, remember? The Mistborn dragon who helped the Talonok steal eggs and was eventually revealed to be Miles' brother.
@Petall
Kell was the first egg the Talonok stole from my clan, remember? The Mistborn dragon who helped the Talonok steal eggs and was eventually revealed to be Miles' brother.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Hhmmm, green child.
Hhmmm, green child.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@Leopardmask

Oh right, I remember that now! I had just forgotten him name.

@MisterMylez

Very green child
@Leopardmask

Oh right, I remember that now! I had just forgotten him name.

@MisterMylez

Very green child
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/87#post_41412678]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 102: Out There[/u][/b] [item=ruby-throated hummingbird][item=mistral glove][item=softshell scorpion][item=vulture idol][item=parda] Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, Writing (x2), 30-40 Coli Battles, New Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57009331][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=57009331&skin=0&apparel=23109,24245,24248,21224&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/7595.png[/img][/center] Yellan stared her bunkroom window, trying desperately to see beyond the fog that bordered the black market. It was thick and unrelenting, and it made the imperial feel eternally dreary. She was a light dragon, and this darkness weighed her down like chains. She longed for something more. Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. "Come in," She barely lifted her head as she responded. It was probably Edna, back from yet another day of training. Yellan wondered when her own training would be starting. Jett kept saying she would start when she was grown up, but he hadn't followed through despite the fact that she was no longer a hatchling. The wildclaw kept saying he had 'special plans' for her, but Yellan was beginning to doubt it. "Yellan?" Kael's voice caused the imperial to jump with a start. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238646][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Kael!" She hadn't expected to see the quiet skydancer today. Usually he was busy on recruitment with Katie. "I've been given the day off. I thought I'd drop in and see how you were doing," He responded gently, giving her a sympathetic look. "You seem like you need the company." All too late, Yellan remembered how he could sense her feelings, and she felt a wave of embarrassment. "What have you been thinking about?" Kael asked, settling down beside her. "What's it like out there?" Yellan asked, nodding out her window. "You leave the Black Market all the time. You must have some good stories." "To be honest, there's not all that much," Kael said sheepishly. "Katie and I mostly scour the tavern, or visit balls for recruitment, and she does all the talking. There aren't that many dragons in the Forgotten Kingdom. They're a small clan to begin with, but when you consider how spaced out everything is-" He shook his head. "I don't know, I just feel like there's more to the world than there is in this city. Do you remember anything from before you came here?" Yellan shook her head. "I know I'm from the Sunbeam Ruins, but beyond that, nothing. I guess I was too young." Kael nodded, understanding. "Honestly, this is all I've known too. I was born here, and I'll probably die here." He sounded miserable. "You want to leave that badly?" Yellan asked, surprised. She thought she was the only one who felt that way. "Yeah," Kael grimaced. "Unfortunately, my siblings don't see what's going on. Katie's the firstborn and heir, and Dad's favourite, of course she won't leave. She's got everything she wants, and she's blind to all of Dad's faults. She doesn't see-" He suddenly stopped in his tracks, looking guilty. "I shouldn't be talking about that. But anyways, Kobe's so wrapped up in his magic, he barely gives anyone the time of day anymore. I just feel like I'm constantly shunted to the side, tagging along with Katie but never really seeing who I am myself." "If you could go anywhere, where would you go?" Yellan asked, curious. She didn't know much about the world and was curious to find out what Kael knew. "I don't know, somewhere far away from here. Across the Sea of a Thousand Currents maybe, to wind. Apparently, dragons come and go as they please all the time there," The skydancer looked to the sky wistfully. "It's where skydancers are from too. I feel like I'm missing something in this darkness. The air is stale, and everything is so dark and heavy. I want to know what it feels like to fly free, nothing holding you back." "I know what you mean," Yellan sighed. "If I ever work up the nerve to go, would you come with me?" Kael asked. "Of course," Yellan said, smiling a little. It was nice to dream of a future beyond this corner of the city. She knew it was nothing more than foolish dreaming, there was no way Jett would let her go, especially not with her mistral minion keeping an eye on her at all hours of the day. But still, it was nice to have something to hold onto, the possibility of someday. Someday she would go beyond the fog, and no one would be able to tell her what to do. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940872][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56940872&skin=0&apparel=23144,31978,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56238644][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56238644&skin=0&apparel=17885,17912,17930,17903,17921,17894&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Again!" Edna barked as Kobe sent another blast of shadow magic her way. She countered it with a burst of nature magic, the element flowing through her body. As the bolts of magic collided and exploded, she felt her internal reservoirs switch to water. Instantly, she felt calm, the roar of the elemental magic flowing below the surface, like a current below the surface of a calm lake. "You're getting better, but better isn't good enough," Kobe grinned slightly, raising his eyebrows. "You need to be the best. Otherwise when your time comes to face your opponent in real battle, you'll be the one to fall. You need to gain control of your shifts, otherwise you are at the complete luck of the draw." "But I've tried!" Edna growled. "Do you remember last time? You almost had ridgeback bits all over the training area." "I'm not talking about wielding more than one element at a time, goodness knows that's impossible, but you must find a way to control the shifts, or your done for," Kobe pointed out calmly. "You cannot be at the random whim of whatever forces come your way." "I. Can't. Control. It." Edna spat through gritted teeth, trying to keep her patience. "You're not trying hard enough, you're letting your feelings get the best of you," Kobe reminded her. "Like you magic, emotions aren't bad, but you need to channel them. That is the key to mastering magic." Edna took a deep breath, trying to resist the urge to rip the skydancer apart. He was irritatingly calm. Why couldn't he show a little more emotion every once in a while? As her anger surged, her element shifted again as it rose to a rolling heat. Fire surged through her veins, hot as her temper. "Alright, let's go again. This time, try to remain in control of your emotions. They are the key to your elemental switches. With a growl, Edna charged into the center of the room once more, ready to continue sparring. She would not let this skydancer get the best of her yet again. One day, she would be stronger than him. She would be stronger than everyone else, and then no one would stop her. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54855099][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56565368][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56565368&skin=22931&apparel=552,1547,6029&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Aren't you supposed to be working?" Gillian asked Amity as the spiral slid into the opposite side of the booth. He glanced at the tavern counter, where a fresh order of drinks were waiting to be served. "Hey, it's okay, I'm just taking a little break," Amity shrugged. "Seaberry won't mind." Gillian knew for a fact that Seaberry would mind this very much, but he didn't say anything. For whatever reason, he struggled saying no to Amity. It was probably because she reminded him too much of Violet. "Soooo, when's Blackwolf coming?" Amity asked, unable to disguise her grin. Ever since she had first met the pearlcatcher, she hadn't been able to stop mentioning him. It was clear she had a bit of a crush on him, though Blackwolf himself was very oblivious. Not wanting to crush the spiral's feelings if his friend didn't reciprocate, Gillian had never brought up the topic. "Is that why you're here? To see Blackwolf?" Gillian teased, rolling his eyes. "Oh, don't worry! I wanted to see you too!" Amity grinned. In that moment, they were interrupted by a dragon clearing his throat. Gillian looked up to see a ridgeback towering over the pair of dragons. He recognized him from the Rockbreaker Ball, though he hadn't caught his name. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56606207][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56606207&skin=0&apparel=270,32407,23290,23037,23036&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You're Gillian, right?" The ridgeback grunted. "Yeah," Gillian nodded "Can I help you with something?" "Can we talk," The ridgeback asked, casting a side glance at Amity. "In private." "Yeah, sure," Gillian responded absolutely baffled He cast a pleading look at Amity. "Oh! Right! Of course!" Amity exclaimed, getting up again. "I should be getting back to work anyways!" The ridgeback didn't speak again until after Amity had returned to the counter. He then lowered his head to Gillian's level and looked out from the brim of his hat, his nose uncomfortably close to the wildclaw's face. Gillian tried his best not to cross his eyes to look at it. "The name's Elladan," The ridgeback sniffed. "I hear you're the one with the lost treasure?" "The treasure is gone," Gillian said defensively. "Buried? Yes. Gone? Not quite so much. At least, not if you have someone who knows how to dig," Elladan pointed out. "I happen to have a lot of experience in that area. I've been working in the tunnels since I was a hatchling, digging out treasures. You have no idea how much has been lost to the earth." "Why are you so interested in Crius' Vault?" Gillian asked, suspiciously. "I'm something of a treasure hunter," Elladan admitted. "I wouldn't be wanting everything, you see. Just a few choice pieces. I'd leave the rest to you, of course, as the rightful heir of the riches." The offer was unbelievably tempting. Was it really possible that he'd have another shot at reclaiming his grandfather's inheritance? It seemed too good to be true. But yet- "I'm in," Gillian responded, before he was even aware of his decision. "Perfect," Elladan grinned toothily. "Now, let's see that map of yours." ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/88#post_41465860]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27[/center] ----- I had another scene planned with the introduction of the new dragon, but I need to do more thinking with her to figure out how she gets here and I've run out of writing steam, so I think I'll wrap things up here. As of today, however, I've finished all my assignments and everything, so I should be updating the pinkerlocke far more frequently now that I have more brain space to brainstorm and plot.

Day 102: Out There
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird Mistral Glove Softshell Scorpion Vulture Idol Parda
Sentence: 40-50 Coli Battles, Writing (x2), 30-40 Coli Battles, New Dragon

dragon?did=57009331&skin=0&apparel=23109,24245,24248,21224&xt=dressing.png
7595.png

Yellan stared her bunkroom window, trying desperately to see beyond the fog that bordered the black market. It was thick and unrelenting, and it made the imperial feel eternally dreary. She was a light dragon, and this darkness weighed her down like chains. She longed for something more.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door.

"Come in," She barely lifted her head as she responded. It was probably Edna, back from yet another day of training. Yellan wondered when her own training would be starting. Jett kept saying she would start when she was grown up, but he hadn't followed through despite the fact that she was no longer a hatchling. The wildclaw kept saying he had 'special plans' for her, but Yellan was beginning to doubt it.

"Yellan?" Kael's voice caused the imperial to jump with a start.
dragon?did=56238646&skin=0&apparel=12914,12896,12907,13850,13794,13810,13842&xt=dressing.png

"Kael!" She hadn't expected to see the quiet skydancer today. Usually he was busy on recruitment with Katie.

"I've been given the day off. I thought I'd drop in and see how you were doing," He responded gently, giving her a sympathetic look. "You seem like you need the company."

All too late, Yellan remembered how he could sense her feelings, and she felt a wave of embarrassment.

"What have you been thinking about?" Kael asked, settling down beside her.

"What's it like out there?" Yellan asked, nodding out her window. "You leave the Black Market all the time. You must have some good stories."

"To be honest, there's not all that much," Kael said sheepishly. "Katie and I mostly scour the tavern, or visit balls for recruitment, and she does all the talking. There aren't that many dragons in the Forgotten Kingdom. They're a small clan to begin with, but when you consider how spaced out everything is-" He shook his head. "I don't know, I just feel like there's more to the world than there is in this city. Do you remember anything from before you came here?"

Yellan shook her head. "I know I'm from the Sunbeam Ruins, but beyond that, nothing. I guess I was too young."

Kael nodded, understanding. "Honestly, this is all I've known too. I was born here, and I'll probably die here." He sounded miserable.

"You want to leave that badly?" Yellan asked, surprised. She thought she was the only one who felt that way.

"Yeah," Kael grimaced. "Unfortunately, my siblings don't see what's going on. Katie's the firstborn and heir, and Dad's favourite, of course she won't leave. She's got everything she wants, and she's blind to all of Dad's faults. She doesn't see-" He suddenly stopped in his tracks, looking guilty. "I shouldn't be talking about that. But anyways, Kobe's so wrapped up in his magic, he barely gives anyone the time of day anymore. I just feel like I'm constantly shunted to the side, tagging along with Katie but never really seeing who I am myself."

"If you could go anywhere, where would you go?" Yellan asked, curious. She didn't know much about the world and was curious to find out what Kael knew.

"I don't know, somewhere far away from here. Across the Sea of a Thousand Currents maybe, to wind. Apparently, dragons come and go as they please all the time there," The skydancer looked to the sky wistfully. "It's where skydancers are from too. I feel like I'm missing something in this darkness. The air is stale, and everything is so dark and heavy. I want to know what it feels like to fly free, nothing holding you back."

"I know what you mean," Yellan sighed.

"If I ever work up the nerve to go, would you come with me?" Kael asked.

"Of course," Yellan said, smiling a little. It was nice to dream of a future beyond this corner of the city. She knew it was nothing more than foolish dreaming, there was no way Jett would let her go, especially not with her mistral minion keeping an eye on her at all hours of the day. But still, it was nice to have something to hold onto, the possibility of someday.

Someday she would go beyond the fog, and no one would be able to tell her what to do.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=56940872&skin=0&apparel=23144,31978,27765&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56238644&skin=0&apparel=17885,17912,17930,17903,17921,17894&xt=dressing.png

"Again!" Edna barked as Kobe sent another blast of shadow magic her way. She countered it with a burst of nature magic, the element flowing through her body. As the bolts of magic collided and exploded, she felt her internal reservoirs switch to water. Instantly, she felt calm, the roar of the elemental magic flowing below the surface, like a current below the surface of a calm lake.

"You're getting better, but better isn't good enough," Kobe grinned slightly, raising his eyebrows. "You need to be the best. Otherwise when your time comes to face your opponent in real battle, you'll be the one to fall. You need to gain control of your shifts, otherwise you are at the complete luck of the draw."

"But I've tried!" Edna growled. "Do you remember last time? You almost had ridgeback bits all over the training area."

"I'm not talking about wielding more than one element at a time, goodness knows that's impossible, but you must find a way to control the shifts, or your done for," Kobe pointed out calmly. "You cannot be at the random whim of whatever forces come your way."

"I. Can't. Control. It." Edna spat through gritted teeth, trying to keep her patience.

"You're not trying hard enough, you're letting your feelings get the best of you," Kobe reminded her. "Like you magic, emotions aren't bad, but you need to channel them. That is the key to mastering magic."

Edna took a deep breath, trying to resist the urge to rip the skydancer apart. He was irritatingly calm. Why couldn't he show a little more emotion every once in a while? As her anger surged, her element shifted again as it rose to a rolling heat. Fire surged through her veins, hot as her temper.

"Alright, let's go again. This time, try to remain in control of your emotions. They are the key to your elemental switches.

With a growl, Edna charged into the center of the room once more, ready to continue sparring. She would not let this skydancer get the best of her yet again. One day, she would be stronger than him. She would be stronger than everyone else, and then no one would stop her.

dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=56565368&skin=22931&apparel=552,1547,6029&xt=dressing.png

"Aren't you supposed to be working?" Gillian asked Amity as the spiral slid into the opposite side of the booth. He glanced at the tavern counter, where a fresh order of drinks were waiting to be served.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm just taking a little break," Amity shrugged. "Seaberry won't mind."

Gillian knew for a fact that Seaberry would mind this very much, but he didn't say anything. For whatever reason, he struggled saying no to Amity. It was probably because she reminded him too much of Violet.

"Soooo, when's Blackwolf coming?" Amity asked, unable to disguise her grin. Ever since she had first met the pearlcatcher, she hadn't been able to stop mentioning him. It was clear she had a bit of a crush on him, though Blackwolf himself was very oblivious. Not wanting to crush the spiral's feelings if his friend didn't reciprocate, Gillian had never brought up the topic.

"Is that why you're here? To see Blackwolf?" Gillian teased, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, don't worry! I wanted to see you too!" Amity grinned.

In that moment, they were interrupted by a dragon clearing his throat. Gillian looked up to see a ridgeback towering over the pair of dragons. He recognized him from the Rockbreaker Ball, though he hadn't caught his name.
dragon?did=56606207&skin=0&apparel=270,32407,23290,23037,23036&xt=dressing.png

"You're Gillian, right?" The ridgeback grunted.

"Yeah," Gillian nodded "Can I help you with something?"

"Can we talk," The ridgeback asked, casting a side glance at Amity. "In private."

"Yeah, sure," Gillian responded absolutely baffled He cast a pleading look at Amity.

"Oh! Right! Of course!" Amity exclaimed, getting up again. "I should be getting back to work anyways!"

The ridgeback didn't speak again until after Amity had returned to the counter. He then lowered his head to Gillian's level and looked out from the brim of his hat, his nose uncomfortably close to the wildclaw's face. Gillian tried his best not to cross his eyes to look at it.

"The name's Elladan," The ridgeback sniffed. "I hear you're the one with the lost treasure?"

"The treasure is gone," Gillian said defensively.

"Buried? Yes. Gone? Not quite so much. At least, not if you have someone who knows how to dig," Elladan pointed out. "I happen to have a lot of experience in that area. I've been working in the tunnels since I was a hatchling, digging out treasures. You have no idea how much has been lost to the earth."

"Why are you so interested in Crius' Vault?" Gillian asked, suspiciously.

"I'm something of a treasure hunter," Elladan admitted. "I wouldn't be wanting everything, you see. Just a few choice pieces. I'd leave the rest to you, of course, as the rightful heir of the riches."

The offer was unbelievably tempting. Was it really possible that he'd have another shot at reclaiming his grandfather's inheritance? It seemed too good to be true. But yet-

"I'm in," Gillian responded, before he was even aware of his decision.

"Perfect," Elladan grinned toothily. "Now, let's see that map of yours."

I had another scene planned with the introduction of the new dragon, but I need to do more thinking with her to figure out how she gets here and I've run out of writing steam, so I think I'll wrap things up here.

As of today, however, I've finished all my assignments and everything, so I should be updating the pinkerlocke far more frequently now that I have more brain space to brainstorm and plot.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall The inner workings of the Black Market have been mostly mysterious up to this point, so it was great to finally get a glimpse of the dynamics between some of its younger and newer members. Jett and Scoril's kids have mostly been in the background, and I liked seeing and hearing their own thoughts on the situation, plus the training session between Edna and Kobe was really cool.

And heeeeeyy, another shifty guy! It'll be interesting to see where this goes. You've done a great job showing characters who are initially shifty but later turned out to be good-hearted (like Xavier) or just plain shady from the beginning (like Thorburn), so I'm looking forward to seeing which side Elladan falls on.
@Petall The inner workings of the Black Market have been mostly mysterious up to this point, so it was great to finally get a glimpse of the dynamics between some of its younger and newer members. Jett and Scoril's kids have mostly been in the background, and I liked seeing and hearing their own thoughts on the situation, plus the training session between Edna and Kobe was really cool.

And heeeeeyy, another shifty guy! It'll be interesting to see where this goes. You've done a great job showing characters who are initially shifty but later turned out to be good-hearted (like Xavier) or just plain shady from the beginning (like Thorburn), so I'm looking forward to seeing which side Elladan falls on.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist It's been nice to have the opportunity to bring in the newer members! Looking into the Black Market was one of the reasons I decided to split Elixa and Edna! The ever present mystery of who is shifty and who is not! A very fitting theme for a Shadow Pinkerlocke [emoji=ridgeback winking size=2]
@Disillusionist

It's been nice to have the opportunity to bring in the newer members! Looking into the Black Market was one of the reasons I decided to split Elixa and Edna!

The ever present mystery of who is shifty and who is not! A very fitting theme for a Shadow Pinkerlocke
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/88#post_41455561]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 103: The Search[/u][/b] [item=alder spittlebug] Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56240581][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56240581&skin=27791&apparel=21222,21241&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Opal moved through the thickets of the Tangled Wood, unbothered by the thorns that scraped her skin. Lean muscles rippled under her skin, bringing a delightful sense of sensation. Having a body was new for the guardian, but it was not something she was going to take for granted. The first thing Opal remembered was the presence of her Mother. She never revealed her face, but she was always surrounded by the scent of life and growth. It was a sweet smell, one that brought promise. In the depths of the earth, she had raised her and formed her body, until she was strong enough to go on her own. Then it was time for her search. Her Mother spoke of her charge, deep in the Tangled Wood, forgotten and lost. He had neglected his roots only to be betrayed by another, and Opal's job was to remind him of his importance. Even though she had left the land of her Mother, she could feel her faint guiding presence, leading her onward. Stopping to eat and rest were, of course, new to Opal, but nevertheless she persisted onward until the ruins of circular buildings rose out of the wilds. In the distance, a city rose out the thickets, leading towards a central palace. The presence of her Mother had since faded, but a different instinct drove her. Her charge was close, she could feel it. Unbound by society's rules, she felt no shame or fear in entering the palace. She found the unnaturally angular halls strange after spending so long in the tunnels underground, but now was not the time to worry about that. Opal followed her instincts until she burst into a smaller chamber. Two dragons sat in the room, pouring over some sort of parchment with squiggly lines on it. They were both extremely fluffy in comparison to Opal's own smooth scales. One was quite a bit larger than the other, about the same size of Opal herself. That was the one she was looking for. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=29&wings=114&auth=50b3a7330bd8f93c91ff18ff6edf77215eb644c4&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh! Can I help you?" The smaller dragon asked, looking surprised to see Opal. The guardian ignored her. "It's you!" Opal exclaimed, in awe of seeing the great dragon before her. His emerald eyes gleamed, an echo of her Mother. Which meant he was also from her Mother. "I'm your... charge?" The larger dragon asked, exchanging a look with the smaller dragon. "Yes," Opal smiled, glad that he understood. "Why have you turned your back on your heritage? Why do you hate the way you were born?" "I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean," The larger dragon wore a look of utter confusion. "Mother told me you have rejected our flight of origin," Opal explained, drawing closer to her charge. She had not felt such euphoria before in her life. She felt like all of the pieces of her life had come together, like she had found her purpose. "You sought the approval of another Father, a colder one. But he rejected you, and now you are seeking to prove your worth. I'm here to tell you that you don't need to. There is nothing wrong with the way you are born. You may have changed your pelt, but you cannot change your heart. Mother cares for you still, she sent me to you, to call you back to her." "Mother?" The larger dragon asked, eying her scales, clearly noticing the differences in colours and genes. "Yes, Mother," Opal nodded, patiently waiting for her charge to grasp her meaning. "The Gladekeeper." Her charge's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "She... sent you to me?" He exchanged another look with the smaller dragon. "She said you have a battle you are fighting, and that you could use some help," Opal confirmed. "The battle you are fighting is much bigger than ordinary dragons, even the gaoler order." The smaller dragon paled. "Ulf, if the deities are getting involved, me must be up against more than we realize here, fighting the Shade." "You're right, Larkin," The dragon named Ulf confirmed. "It appears Blackwolf was right. Dark times are ahead." Opal didn't completely understand what they were talking about, but there would be time for that, as she got to know her charge. Ulf, as the smaller dragon had called him. Her destiny was unfolding before her, her very reason her Mother had saved her. If only she understood just how much she had before her. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56940871&skin=0&apparel=17263,17239,17260,17284,17237,13832&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Elixa was so wrapped up in her training, she almost didn't here the whisper from the bramble thicket on the edge of the dusty clearing. She quelled the elemental magic churning inside her and sought the source of the noise. To her surprise, Lucian was lurking in the depths of the thicket. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "What are you doing hiding in there?" Elixa asked sharply, tilting her head to regard the smaller dragon. The fae was significantly tinier than she was, and it was difficult to see him within his hiding spot. "I was looking for you," Lucian whispered, looking out anxiously. "But I didn't want Bridget to see me. I might be partially responsible for her brother's death and I don't want to agitate her." The fae shivered. "Bridget wouldn't hurt you," Elixa pointed out. "You don't know that," Lucian snorted. "She's Shade-touched. That makes her dangerous." "How did you-" Elixa began. That was supposed to be a well-kept secret. "I overheard Jett talking about it a while ago," Lucian shrugged. "Is that was this is about?" A growl rose in the ridgeback's throat. "What does Jett want of me?" "No! No!" Lucian squeaked, waving his hands. "I'm not working for Jett anymore. Ech. He's gone off the deep end. I may not be a fan of royalty, but that doesn't mean I want to be a part of his insanity. Seriously, he is meddling in things that shouldn't be meddled with. But that's why I'm looking for you. Cecily and I have stayed out of things long enough. We don't exactly want to ally ourselves with your royals, especially not after the Bonegnasher incident, but you are neutral. Well, neutral enough. You have royal blood in your veins, but you aren't one of [i]them[/i] the way the rest of them are." Elixa wasn't sure whether or not to be offended by Lucian's words. It was true she hadn't spent much time at the palace, but they were still her family. Even if she didn't see them very often. She decided to let it go, especially if the fae was willing to help her prepare for her fight against her sister. "So, get talking then," Elixa sniffed. "No, not here," Lucian looked around anxiously again. "We might be overheard. Come with me." The fae fluttered away, and Elixa saw that she had no choice but to follow. Lucian led her out of the Knowledge District Wilds and into the streets of the Living District. They quickly passed through the small sectioned inhabited by the majority of the Forgotten Kingdom's residents and walked deeper into the streets of abandoned buildings. They were all in varying states of disrepair. They walked for what seemed to be ages. The further they walked, the heavier Elixa felt. They must be getting closer to the Magic District wall, where the Shade was the strongest. Though, due to her dual element, she bore a stronger resistance to Shade magic than ordinary dragons. Lucian led her into a round building next to the giant thorny wall of the Magic District. The room inside was warm, lit by a crackling fire in the hearth. A spiral was stoking the fire. This must be Cecily. Elixa had never met Clarissa's mother, as she had made herself scarce after Bonegnasher's death, long before Elixa had even hatched. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301275][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Does Clarissa know you are hiding out here?" Elixa asked, looking around the humble building. "Of course," Cecily's steely gaze flashed at the thinly veiled accusation. "She visits regularly. She has lots of questions about the Black Market, questions I'm not willing to answer, not to her at least. I don't want her to make the same choices I did." "She just wants to know about her heritage," Elixa pointed out. In a way, she could relate to the mirror. She too had parents that didn't exactly get along. Sure, they had made an effort for her sake, but it was clear they were only partnering so closely because she had happened. To have both parents split on entirely different sides must be excruciating and confusing. Elixa found herself recalling the conversation they had had at the Rockbreaker Ball, and her own confusion surrounding Edna rose to the surface. "Her heritage is dangerous," Cecily snorted. "If I had known what I was getting into... Well, we can't take back the choices we've already made I've made my decision, I'm going to stick with it." "Let's get on with it. I don't want this to go on any longer than it has to," Lucian cut in. "Right," Cecily nodded. "We've heard about your sister, and how you're supposed to challenge her. I want to make sure you're prepared, especially since Jett will undoubtedly have tricks up his sleeve. He's a clever one, cleverer than he lets on. He knows everyone underestimates him because of how he was in his youth, but don't let his reputation fool you. He's dabbling in things no dragon should ever dabble in. It's one of the reasons we've left." "I'm willing to do what needs to be done to ensure this clan is a place where everyone can be what they want to be without royals telling them what to do," Lucian explained. "But Shade magic is going too far. That stuff corrupts you. You start to lose yourself, even if you only let a little bit in. If Jett were to rule, that would be completely going against everything we stand for. I don't like what Age is doing, she has the power to build a system that will impact the lives of dragons for generations, but she's a far better alternative than a Shade-corrupted power-hungry dragon like Jett." Elixa felt a shiver go down her spine as Lucian spoke. "What do I need to do?" She asked. "That's what we're still figuring out. We left before Jett let it in fully, but we know you're our best bet to stopping him. Your dual elemental magic gives you an advantage against Shade magic. We want to help you, but you have to promise you won't tell anyone in your family about this," Lucian explained. "We want to keep a low profile." "You've got yourself a deal," Elixa said, cracking a smile. This was more like it. This was the edge she needed to face her sister. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/89#post_41489740]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27[/center] ----- Welcome to Opal, who is from the Pinkerlocke Nameless by @Leopardmask. With her arrival, my pinkerlocke dragons have now flowed onto three lair pages. Coli today was Clarissa, Ragna and Caroll. All three of them are now at level 4!

Day 103: The Search
Alder Spittlebug
Sentence: 20-30 Coli Battles

dragon?did=56240581&skin=27791&apparel=21222,21241&xt=dressing.png

Opal moved through the thickets of the Tangled Wood, unbothered by the thorns that scraped her skin. Lean muscles rippled under her skin, bringing a delightful sense of sensation. Having a body was new for the guardian, but it was not something she was going to take for granted.

The first thing Opal remembered was the presence of her Mother. She never revealed her face, but she was always surrounded by the scent of life and growth. It was a sweet smell, one that brought promise. In the depths of the earth, she had raised her and formed her body, until she was strong enough to go on her own.

Then it was time for her search. Her Mother spoke of her charge, deep in the Tangled Wood, forgotten and lost. He had neglected his roots only to be betrayed by another, and Opal's job was to remind him of his importance. Even though she had left the land of her Mother, she could feel her faint guiding presence, leading her onward.

Stopping to eat and rest were, of course, new to Opal, but nevertheless she persisted onward until the ruins of circular buildings rose out of the wilds. In the distance, a city rose out the thickets, leading towards a central palace.

The presence of her Mother had since faded, but a different instinct drove her. Her charge was close, she could feel it. Unbound by society's rules, she felt no shame or fear in entering the palace. She found the unnaturally angular halls strange after spending so long in the tunnels underground, but now was not the time to worry about that.

Opal followed her instincts until she burst into a smaller chamber. Two dragons sat in the room, pouring over some sort of parchment with squiggly lines on it. They were both extremely fluffy in comparison to Opal's own smooth scales. One was quite a bit larger than the other, about the same size of Opal herself. That was the one she was looking for.
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=29&wings=114&auth=50b3a7330bd8f93c91ff18ff6edf77215eb644c4&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png

"Oh! Can I help you?" The smaller dragon asked, looking surprised to see Opal. The guardian ignored her.

"It's you!" Opal exclaimed, in awe of seeing the great dragon before her. His emerald eyes gleamed, an echo of her Mother. Which meant he was also from her Mother.

"I'm your... charge?" The larger dragon asked, exchanging a look with the smaller dragon.

"Yes," Opal smiled, glad that he understood. "Why have you turned your back on your heritage? Why do you hate the way you were born?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean," The larger dragon wore a look of utter confusion.

"Mother told me you have rejected our flight of origin," Opal explained, drawing closer to her charge. She had not felt such euphoria before in her life. She felt like all of the pieces of her life had come together, like she had found her purpose. "You sought the approval of another Father, a colder one. But he rejected you, and now you are seeking to prove your worth. I'm here to tell you that you don't need to. There is nothing wrong with the way you are born. You may have changed your pelt, but you cannot change your heart. Mother cares for you still, she sent me to you, to call you back to her."

"Mother?" The larger dragon asked, eying her scales, clearly noticing the differences in colours and genes.

"Yes, Mother," Opal nodded, patiently waiting for her charge to grasp her meaning. "The Gladekeeper."

Her charge's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "She... sent you to me?" He exchanged another look with the smaller dragon.

"She said you have a battle you are fighting, and that you could use some help," Opal confirmed. "The battle you are fighting is much bigger than ordinary dragons, even the gaoler order."

The smaller dragon paled. "Ulf, if the deities are getting involved, me must be up against more than we realize here, fighting the Shade."

"You're right, Larkin," The dragon named Ulf confirmed. "It appears Blackwolf was right. Dark times are ahead."

Opal didn't completely understand what they were talking about, but there would be time for that, as she got to know her charge. Ulf, as the smaller dragon had called him. Her destiny was unfolding before her, her very reason her Mother had saved her.

If only she understood just how much she had before her.

dragon?did=56940871&skin=0&apparel=17263,17239,17260,17284,17237,13832&xt=dressing.png

Elixa was so wrapped up in her training, she almost didn't here the whisper from the bramble thicket on the edge of the dusty clearing. She quelled the elemental magic churning inside her and sought the source of the noise. To her surprise, Lucian was lurking in the depths of the thicket.
scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png

"What are you doing hiding in there?" Elixa asked sharply, tilting her head to regard the smaller dragon. The fae was significantly tinier than she was, and it was difficult to see him within his hiding spot.

"I was looking for you," Lucian whispered, looking out anxiously. "But I didn't want Bridget to see me. I might be partially responsible for her brother's death and I don't want to agitate her." The fae shivered.

"Bridget wouldn't hurt you," Elixa pointed out.

"You don't know that," Lucian snorted. "She's Shade-touched. That makes her dangerous."

"How did you-" Elixa began. That was supposed to be a well-kept secret.

"I overheard Jett talking about it a while ago," Lucian shrugged.

"Is that was this is about?" A growl rose in the ridgeback's throat. "What does Jett want of me?"

"No! No!" Lucian squeaked, waving his hands. "I'm not working for Jett anymore. Ech. He's gone off the deep end. I may not be a fan of royalty, but that doesn't mean I want to be a part of his insanity. Seriously, he is meddling in things that shouldn't be meddled with. But that's why I'm looking for you. Cecily and I have stayed out of things long enough. We don't exactly want to ally ourselves with your royals, especially not after the Bonegnasher incident, but you are neutral. Well, neutral enough. You have royal blood in your veins, but you aren't one of them the way the rest of them are."

Elixa wasn't sure whether or not to be offended by Lucian's words. It was true she hadn't spent much time at the palace, but they were still her family. Even if she didn't see them very often. She decided to let it go, especially if the fae was willing to help her prepare for her fight against her sister.

"So, get talking then," Elixa sniffed.

"No, not here," Lucian looked around anxiously again. "We might be overheard. Come with me."

The fae fluttered away, and Elixa saw that she had no choice but to follow. Lucian led her out of the Knowledge District Wilds and into the streets of the Living District. They quickly passed through the small sectioned inhabited by the majority of the Forgotten Kingdom's residents and walked deeper into the streets of abandoned buildings. They were all in varying states of disrepair. They walked for what seemed to be ages. The further they walked, the heavier Elixa felt. They must be getting closer to the Magic District wall, where the Shade was the strongest. Though, due to her dual element, she bore a stronger resistance to Shade magic than ordinary dragons.

Lucian led her into a round building next to the giant thorny wall of the Magic District. The room inside was warm, lit by a crackling fire in the hearth. A spiral was stoking the fire. This must be Cecily. Elixa had never met Clarissa's mother, as she had made herself scarce after Bonegnasher's death, long before Elixa had even hatched.
dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png

"Does Clarissa know you are hiding out here?" Elixa asked, looking around the humble building.

"Of course," Cecily's steely gaze flashed at the thinly veiled accusation. "She visits regularly. She has lots of questions about the Black Market, questions I'm not willing to answer, not to her at least. I don't want her to make the same choices I did."

"She just wants to know about her heritage," Elixa pointed out. In a way, she could relate to the mirror. She too had parents that didn't exactly get along. Sure, they had made an effort for her sake, but it was clear they were only partnering so closely because she had happened. To have both parents split on entirely different sides must be excruciating and confusing. Elixa found herself recalling the conversation they had had at the Rockbreaker Ball, and her own confusion surrounding Edna rose to the surface.

"Her heritage is dangerous," Cecily snorted. "If I had known what I was getting into... Well, we can't take back the choices we've already made I've made my decision, I'm going to stick with it."

"Let's get on with it. I don't want this to go on any longer than it has to," Lucian cut in.

"Right," Cecily nodded. "We've heard about your sister, and how you're supposed to challenge her. I want to make sure you're prepared, especially since Jett will undoubtedly have tricks up his sleeve. He's a clever one, cleverer than he lets on. He knows everyone underestimates him because of how he was in his youth, but don't let his reputation fool you. He's dabbling in things no dragon should ever dabble in. It's one of the reasons we've left."

"I'm willing to do what needs to be done to ensure this clan is a place where everyone can be what they want to be without royals telling them what to do," Lucian explained. "But Shade magic is going too far. That stuff corrupts you. You start to lose yourself, even if you only let a little bit in. If Jett were to rule, that would be completely going against everything we stand for. I don't like what Age is doing, she has the power to build a system that will impact the lives of dragons for generations, but she's a far better alternative than a Shade-corrupted power-hungry dragon like Jett."

Elixa felt a shiver go down her spine as Lucian spoke.

"What do I need to do?" She asked.

"That's what we're still figuring out. We left before Jett let it in fully, but we know you're our best bet to stopping him. Your dual elemental magic gives you an advantage against Shade magic. We want to help you, but you have to promise you won't tell anyone in your family about this," Lucian explained. "We want to keep a low profile."

"You've got yourself a deal," Elixa said, cracking a smile. This was more like it. This was the edge she needed to face her sister.

Welcome to Opal, who is from the Pinkerlocke Nameless by @Leopardmask. With her arrival, my pinkerlocke dragons have now flowed onto three lair pages.

Coli today was Clarissa, Ragna and Caroll. All three of them are now at level 4!
@Petall

Ooooh, I'm liking Opal already! My first thought was that her charge was going to be Jett and I got worried, but this is going to get interesting with Ulf! Also, I love the idea that the Gladeskeeper "created" her!

I'm surprised and happy to see Lucian and Cecily trying to take down Jett. I'm so glad that they're helping Elixa.
@Petall

Ooooh, I'm liking Opal already! My first thought was that her charge was going to be Jett and I got worried, but this is going to get interesting with Ulf! Also, I love the idea that the Gladeskeeper "created" her!

I'm surprised and happy to see Lucian and Cecily trying to take down Jett. I'm so glad that they're helping Elixa.
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

The Gladekeeper saved her after her egg got opalized in Leopardmask's pinkerlocke! She then gave her a body so she could better guard her charge! :D

Yeah, it's not the direction I expected them to go, but it was the direction they naturally seemed to fall after Bonegnasher died and Jett booted Juliette out. It was enough change that they'd think about what it is that they were supporting.
@Tiffkaboo

The Gladekeeper saved her after her egg got opalized in Leopardmask's pinkerlocke! She then gave her a body so she could better guard her charge! :D

Yeah, it's not the direction I expected them to go, but it was the direction they naturally seemed to fall after Bonegnasher died and Jett booted Juliette out. It was enough change that they'd think about what it is that they were supporting.
@Petall

Ah! That makes a lot of sense! And is very interesting!

I'm so secretly happy they changed their mind! :)
@Petall

Ah! That makes a lot of sense! And is very interesting!

I'm so secretly happy they changed their mind! :)
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 141 142