Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 141 142
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/83#post_41338496]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 99: A New Generation[/u][/b] [item=discipline][item=royal lantana][item=swordfish][item=ambush] Sentence: Death Streak Roll (x2), 10-20 Coli Battles, 30-40 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55577258][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=29&breed=17&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=164&tertgene=26&winggene=29&wings=68&auth=b79ae79f76e0f90363352ad1a1ddc39e1bdd7b8b&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55717682][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55717682&skin=0&apparel=12908,12922,6269&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ragna moved swiftly through the Knowledge District Wilds, followed closely behind by Bridget, who was dangerously close to getting too distracted by various interesting plants and creatures to keep up. That morning, they had seen an explosion from the old healing quarters where Darkstar had settled with the eggs, close to where Dusk had made a den out of an abandoned, run-down building. Shortly after, Dusk had come running, begging Ragna to check on their two newborn daughters. Ragna didn’t know how much she’d be able to help, not if they were unaffected by the Shade, but the concern, bordering on fear, in Dusk’s eyes had prompted her to come and see what she could do. She had, after all, heard of their strange conception, and being exposed to that much elemental magic during the egg’s creation - well, it was a miracle that the two of them had survived. Ragna wanted to see this with her own eyes. It appeared no matter how much she learned, there was always new things to discover. It excited her. The old healing quarters were separated into three large buildings. They were not as large as the library or observatory, which towered out of the growing tendrils of the wilds. While they were larger than the other abandoned buildings in the Knowledge District, they still found themselves consumed by thorny growth. Darkstar, however, had managed to put her thick hide to use and clear one of the three buildings to make a home and begin her own healing center. Ranga easily made her way to the door of the stone building and knocked. Darkstar opened the door, looking pale. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “Are the hatchlings okay?” Raga asked, bustling in and leaving Bridget to her own devices. “Tell me everything that happened.” “The first two hatched normally enough, but then the third-” Darkstar explained, looking irritated at Ragna for bursting in, but having too much respect for her old teacher to turn her away. Ragna had a feeling it was Dusk’s idea to send for her help. “We saw an explosion,” Bridget piped up, looking curious. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842718][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] “The third egg exploded. It was as if, I don’t know, like it had been storing up immense amounts of power. We didn’t expect the hatchling inside to make it, but she did,” Dusk explained, poking into the room, and waving Ragna into what looked to be the nursery. “Her older brother on the other hand-” “He’s gone,” Darkstar admitted. “But that’s not anything out of the ordinary. We knew it was likely the city would take at least one-” “But still, she’s not a normal hatchling,” Dusk interrupted. “You have to see her.” Ragna moved to where two baby ridgebacks were curled up and sleeping. They shared their mother’s purple, though one was a paler shade. The looked ordinary enough to Ragna. They even smelled normally enough. There were faint hints of other elements, but that was to be expected considering how much elemental energy their eggs had pulled in to be created… Unless… No, it was impossible. The first hatchling opened her eyes, and Ragna took a step back in shock. One of her eyes was a deep purple, but the other shared her mother’s arcane pink. Double elementals were extraordinarily rare, occurring when eggs were created on the border of two flights. Usually the magic was too weak in those areas to create an egg in the first place, and the shared elements usually favoured one, giving hints of the other. Yet, she seemed to carry both elements at full strength. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940871][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=68&bodygene=4&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=16&winggene=4&wings=61&auth=c21282ca11d262bf664094200e1fe587d9bcd040&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] “Amazing…” Ragna murmured, trying to process what she was seeing. “That’s Elixabete,” Darkstar said proudly raising her head. “But Edna-” Dusk swallowed. “I mean she’s beautiful, but-” He trailed off, as though unable to say anything bad about his daughter. Feeling her sister squirm, the hatchling named Edna began to crack open her eyes. Unlike her sister, they appeared a normal shade of shadow purple. Then the light began to change, and the colour shifted from a violet to a deep blue and the hatchling sneezed, sending out a small burst of water magic. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940872][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=18&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=16&winggene=4&wings=85&auth=1914aba2e973840f6f155be1be8c79b19046a570&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] “You should have seen her earlier. She got me pretty good with a lightning bolt-” Darkstar laughed, gesturing to a fresh scar on her face. As she spoke, Edna’s eyes shifted to a dark green and grass began to grow beneath her feet. It was unsettlingly unnatural. Eyes were the most important part of a dragon. They told a story about a dragon’s magic and history. Tales were strung for hatchlings about not trusting dragons whose eyes didn’t match their elements. It was why there had been such an uproar when different eye types began emerging. Eyes were the only thing a dragon could never truly change, and yet here these two children were, denying nature and completely unaware of it. There was no way any of this should be possible, not to this level. Yet here they were. “She must have taken the brunt of the blast when her egg was created,” Ragna murmured. Beside her, Bridget stared, utterly in awe of the hatchlings. “We were thinking maybe you could take them, train them like you did Bridget,” Dusk asked, exchanging a nervous glance with Darkstar. “Our children are special, they have special talents. They aren’t anything to be afraid of, but they do need to hone their abilities to the best they can be, and I can think of no better teacher for them than you, Ragna,” Darkstar said, meeting the gaoler’s gaze. Ragna had never heard such high praise from the ridgeback. “Of course I will,” Ragna confirmed. “Besides, it is very likely they will need to be kept a close eye on. Their magical disposition is likely to make them volatile.” “Very well,” Darkstar’s steely eyes glinted, clearly taking Ragna’s comment as a jab towards their children. “When should we send them over?” “Normally I’d say give them time to have a proper childhood, but if Edna gave you that scar… time is of the essence. You may have tonight to prepare them. Bridget and I will collect them in the morning.” “Oh, okay,” Dusk seemed taken aback, but he did not protest. “Do not worry, you may visit them as often as you would like, and once their abilities are a little more under control, they may return to your homes to sleep,” Ragna reassured the pair of them. “Come on Bridget, we should go. You will get plenty of time to spend with them later.” She nodded to the tundra, who looked disappointed to be leaving the peculiar hatchlings so soon. The pair left quickly, giving the small family time to adjust their expectations, and say goodbye. When Ragna returned in the morning to collect the hatchlings, she stumbled upon a lamenting family. She left with only one child. The family had woken up to find the nursery window wide open, bedraggled curtain flapping in the breeze. Edna had been stolen in the night. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/86#post_41386663]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27[/center] ----- E generation is here!!! Here is the boy, if anyone is interested in taking him in and giving him a home. He has to potential for some pretty wack elemental magic if anyone is interested in exploring that in lore... [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940870] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/569409/56940870_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Edna is my chosen heir (as you might have figured from the fact she's my profile picture. Any guesses as to where she's ended up? (I won't confirm or deny, you'll get answers pretty soon!) By some miracle, both death streak rolls ended up on fails, so everyone is alive and well today. For the plant pull, I got Bridget, Clarissa and Frederick. (Who are level 3, 3, and 4 respectively). For the seafood, I got Age, Xavier and Ulf (Levels 7, 5 and 8). Also, I saw Frozen 2 today and it was amazing!!! (I had the plans for Elixa and Edna for a few days now, but I wouldn't be surprised if some inspiration sneaks in...)

Day 99: A New Generation
Discipline Royal Lantana Swordfish Ambush
Sentence: Death Streak Roll (x2), 10-20 Coli Battles, 30-40 Coli Battles

dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=29&breed=17&element=2&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=164&tertgene=26&winggene=29&wings=68&auth=b79ae79f76e0f90363352ad1a1ddc39e1bdd7b8b&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?did=55717682&skin=0&apparel=12908,12922,6269&xt=dressing.png

Ragna moved swiftly through the Knowledge District Wilds, followed closely behind by Bridget, who was dangerously close to getting too distracted by various interesting plants and creatures to keep up. That morning, they had seen an explosion from the old healing quarters where Darkstar had settled with the eggs, close to where Dusk had made a den out of an abandoned, run-down building. Shortly after, Dusk had come running, begging Ragna to check on their two newborn daughters.

Ragna didn’t know how much she’d be able to help, not if they were unaffected by the Shade, but the concern, bordering on fear, in Dusk’s eyes had prompted her to come and see what she could do. She had, after all, heard of their strange conception, and being exposed to that much elemental magic during the egg’s creation - well, it was a miracle that the two of them had survived. Ragna wanted to see this with her own eyes. It appeared no matter how much she learned, there was always new things to discover. It excited her.

The old healing quarters were separated into three large buildings. They were not as large as the library or observatory, which towered out of the growing tendrils of the wilds. While they were larger than the other abandoned buildings in the Knowledge District, they still found themselves consumed by thorny growth. Darkstar, however, had managed to put her thick hide to use and clear one of the three buildings to make a home and begin her own healing center.

Ranga easily made her way to the door of the stone building and knocked. Darkstar opened the door, looking pale.
dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

“Are the hatchlings okay?” Raga asked, bustling in and leaving Bridget to her own devices. “Tell me everything that happened.”

“The first two hatched normally enough, but then the third-” Darkstar explained, looking irritated at Ragna for bursting in, but having too much respect for her old teacher to turn her away. Ragna had a feeling it was Dusk’s idea to send for her help.

“We saw an explosion,” Bridget piped up, looking curious.
dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=32034,293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png

“The third egg exploded. It was as if, I don’t know, like it had been storing up immense amounts of power. We didn’t expect the hatchling inside to make it, but she did,” Dusk explained, poking into the room, and waving Ragna into what looked to be the nursery. “Her older brother on the other hand-”

“He’s gone,” Darkstar admitted. “But that’s not anything out of the ordinary. We knew it was likely the city would take at least one-”

“But still, she’s not a normal hatchling,” Dusk interrupted. “You have to see her.”

Ragna moved to where two baby ridgebacks were curled up and sleeping. They shared their mother’s purple, though one was a paler shade. The looked ordinary enough to Ragna. They even smelled normally enough. There were faint hints of other elements, but that was to be expected considering how much elemental energy their eggs had pulled in to be created… Unless… No, it was impossible.

The first hatchling opened her eyes, and Ragna took a step back in shock. One of her eyes was a deep purple, but the other shared her mother’s arcane pink. Double elementals were extraordinarily rare, occurring when eggs were created on the border of two flights. Usually the magic was too weak in those areas to create an egg in the first place, and the shared elements usually favoured one, giving hints of the other. Yet, she seemed to carry both elements at full strength.
dragon?age=0&body=68&bodygene=4&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=16&winggene=4&wings=61&auth=c21282ca11d262bf664094200e1fe587d9bcd040&dummyext=prev.png

“Amazing…” Ragna murmured, trying to process what she was seeing.

“That’s Elixabete,” Darkstar said proudly raising her head.

“But Edna-” Dusk swallowed. “I mean she’s beautiful, but-” He trailed off, as though unable to say anything bad about his daughter.

Feeling her sister squirm, the hatchling named Edna began to crack open her eyes. Unlike her sister, they appeared a normal shade of shadow purple. Then the light began to change, and the colour shifted from a violet to a deep blue and the hatchling sneezed, sending out a small burst of water magic.
dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=18&breed=5&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=24&tertgene=16&winggene=4&wings=85&auth=1914aba2e973840f6f155be1be8c79b19046a570&dummyext=prev.png

“You should have seen her earlier. She got me pretty good with a lightning bolt-” Darkstar laughed, gesturing to a fresh scar on her face.

As she spoke, Edna’s eyes shifted to a dark green and grass began to grow beneath her feet.

It was unsettlingly unnatural. Eyes were the most important part of a dragon. They told a story about a dragon’s magic and history. Tales were strung for hatchlings about not trusting dragons whose eyes didn’t match their elements. It was why there had been such an uproar when different eye types began emerging. Eyes were the only thing a dragon could never truly change, and yet here these two children were, denying nature and completely unaware of it. There was no way any of this should be possible, not to this level. Yet here they were.

“She must have taken the brunt of the blast when her egg was created,” Ragna murmured. Beside her, Bridget stared, utterly in awe of the hatchlings.

“We were thinking maybe you could take them, train them like you did Bridget,” Dusk asked, exchanging a nervous glance with Darkstar.

“Our children are special, they have special talents. They aren’t anything to be afraid of, but they do need to hone their abilities to the best they can be, and I can think of no better teacher for them than you, Ragna,” Darkstar said, meeting the gaoler’s gaze. Ragna had never heard such high praise from the ridgeback.

“Of course I will,” Ragna confirmed. “Besides, it is very likely they will need to be kept a close eye on. Their magical disposition is likely to make them volatile.”

“Very well,” Darkstar’s steely eyes glinted, clearly taking Ragna’s comment as a jab towards their children. “When should we send them over?”

“Normally I’d say give them time to have a proper childhood, but if Edna gave you that scar… time is of the essence. You may have tonight to prepare them. Bridget and I will collect them in the morning.”

“Oh, okay,” Dusk seemed taken aback, but he did not protest.

“Do not worry, you may visit them as often as you would like, and once their abilities are a little more under control, they may return to your homes to sleep,” Ragna reassured the pair of them. “Come on Bridget, we should go. You will get plenty of time to spend with them later.” She nodded to the tundra, who looked disappointed to be leaving the peculiar hatchlings so soon.

The pair left quickly, giving the small family time to adjust their expectations, and say goodbye. When Ragna returned in the morning to collect the hatchlings, she stumbled upon a lamenting family. She left with only one child. The family had woken up to find the nursery window wide open, bedraggled curtain flapping in the breeze.

Edna had been stolen in the night.

E generation is here!!! Here is the boy, if anyone is interested in taking him in and giving him a home. He has to potential for some pretty wack elemental magic if anyone is interested in exploring that in lore...

Edna is my chosen heir (as you might have figured from the fact she's my profile picture. Any guesses as to where she's ended up? (I won't confirm or deny, you'll get answers pretty soon!)

By some miracle, both death streak rolls ended up on fails, so everyone is alive and well today. For the plant pull, I got Bridget, Clarissa and Frederick. (Who are level 3, 3, and 4 respectively). For the seafood, I got Age, Xavier and Ulf (Levels 7, 5 and 8).

Also, I saw Frozen 2 today and it was amazing!!! (I had the plans for Elixa and Edna for a few days now, but I wouldn't be surprised if some inspiration sneaks in...)
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oooooh there's some NONSENSE afoot, I can't wait to watch these crazy as dragons deal with all their elemental stuff, and KIDNAPPING... Much to discuss
Oooooh there's some NONSENSE afoot, I can't wait to watch these crazy as dragons deal with all their elemental stuff, and KIDNAPPING... Much to discuss

40617218.png

Are You My Charge?
100 Hatchling Challenge!

56852904.png
Fated For Greatness
A Pinkerlocke
@DragonPrincess27

Yup, things are getting wild here. And the next plot arc is just kicking off...
@DragonPrincess27

Yup, things are getting wild here. And the next plot arc is just kicking off...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh [i]wow[/i] [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] I can't say I expected that!! I have a few ideas as to who might have kidnapped Edna, but I don't like guessing these things b/c I feel like I'm always wrong. And I'll be reading with bated breath regardless, so... I'm tempted to take the guy just for the lore. The sisters, with some eye control, could both pass as normal Shadow dragons with their purple-ness, but his colors alone make him look like a mashup. Maybe between Shadow, Arcane, and Wind. Or... Nature...
Oh wow I can't say I expected that!! I have a few ideas as to who might have kidnapped Edna, but I don't like guessing these things b/c I feel like I'm always wrong. And I'll be reading with bated breath regardless, so...
I'm tempted to take the guy just for the lore. The sisters, with some eye control, could both pass as normal Shadow dragons with their purple-ness, but his colors alone make him look like a mashup. Maybe between Shadow, Arcane, and Wind. Or... Nature...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

This is one of the reasons I was so set on having Darkstar and Dusk have their nest while they were in the vault... The elemental possibilities were just too fun to play with!

If you want him, just say the word! I'd be very eager to see what you do with him!
@Leopardmask

This is one of the reasons I was so set on having Darkstar and Dusk have their nest while they were in the vault... The elemental possibilities were just too fun to play with!

If you want him, just say the word! I'd be very eager to see what you do with him!
Y'know what I do want him. I'm already coming up with ideas and stuff like how he's at his base Shadow/Arcane like Elixa but his Lace pattern changes color (and pattern?) and alignment based on where he is, adding a third element of Wherever He Happens To Be, in this case Nature (even though the lighter green is slightly more Wind).
Y'know what I do want him. I'm already coming up with ideas and stuff like how he's at his base Shadow/Arcane like Elixa but his Lace pattern changes color (and pattern?) and alignment based on where he is, adding a third element of Wherever He Happens To Be, in this case Nature (even though the lighter green is slightly more Wind).
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I wonder if he'd end up being close with Merlain
I wonder if he'd end up being close with Merlain
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask That sounds amazing!!! I'll send him over right away!!! [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=2]
@Leopardmask

That sounds amazing!!! I'll send him over right away!!!
I love the idea of a group of characters that all have thematically similar powers that clearly came from the same place but they're all unique aspects of it or something. Like in the Michael Vey book series, there's like a dozen characters who all have electricity-based powers, but they all do something different. One shoots actual lightning bolts, another shocks with a touch, another can relieve or cause pain, another messes with memory/brain function...
I love the idea of a group of characters that all have thematically similar powers that clearly came from the same place but they're all unique aspects of it or something. Like in the Michael Vey book series, there's like a dozen characters who all have electricity-based powers, but they all do something different. One shoots actual lightning bolts, another shocks with a touch, another can relieve or cause pain, another messes with memory/brain function...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Already wrote down two paragraphs about his magic, gave him a name, and found him the absolute most perfect familiar!
Already wrote down two paragraphs about his magic, gave him a name, and found him the absolute most perfect familiar!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 141 142