Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 141 142
I've had,,, a few characters like that lol. Devoni barely escaped that trap by being charismatic, Elmendorf is kinda still in it, and if Hura is still alive after this whole machine business of his is done with he might just be That Guy too. Although he is kind of getting some reasons to stay, he's not really any less distant yet than he was when he first joined.
I've had,,, a few characters like that lol. Devoni barely escaped that trap by being charismatic, Elmendorf is kinda still in it, and if Hura is still alive after this whole machine business of his is done with he might just be That Guy too. Although he is kind of getting some reasons to stay, he's not really any less distant yet than he was when he first joined.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Tiffkaboo Yeah, Darkstar's not all bad. I had to set her up as suspicious for plot reasons and to give her and Dusk a reason to hate each other. Also, it certainly didn't help her case that Violet died the very same day I had planned to introduce her to Dusk... @Disillusionist Yeah, the backburner is a good idea. I have so many characters, they can't all be front and center all the time. The time will come when they will show up again (likely sooner for Blackwolf than for Gillian, considering the prophecy he's been given.) It still feels strange to leave it hanging in such a way though. I feel like this is the first plotline I've properly wrapped up in this Pinkerlocke- everything else has been cut short by death of key characters (like Topaz or Heaven), or expanded upon into the greater story (Heaven running off to the Magic District; Jett running off to the Black Market kingdom; The rebellion against Heaven turning into a group working to build the new kingdom). This feels so abrupt in comparison. @MisterMylez I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post! [emoji=pearlcatcher winking size=2]
@Tiffkaboo

Yeah, Darkstar's not all bad. I had to set her up as suspicious for plot reasons and to give her and Dusk a reason to hate each other. Also, it certainly didn't help her case that Violet died the very same day I had planned to introduce her to Dusk...

@Disillusionist

Yeah, the backburner is a good idea. I have so many characters, they can't all be front and center all the time. The time will come when they will show up again (likely sooner for Blackwolf than for Gillian, considering the prophecy he's been given.) It still feels strange to leave it hanging in such a way though. I feel like this is the first plotline I've properly wrapped up in this Pinkerlocke- everything else has been cut short by death of key characters (like Topaz or Heaven), or expanded upon into the greater story (Heaven running off to the Magic District; Jett running off to the Black Market kingdom; The rebellion against Heaven turning into a group working to build the new kingdom). This feels so abrupt in comparison.

@MisterMylez

I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Leopardmask

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that this sort of things happens when you have a lot of dragons in a Pinkerlocke. You just can't find something for everyone to do to allow them to have key parts in the story. I mean, Bahat and Bone (and Bridget a little bit) have all had important story roles, but Bohrium and Boo are far more like support characters. They have had no plot whatsoever happen to them directly. I hope I can find a role for Gillian in the future. His song isn't even much help with this (as much as I love it) because it's Misty Mountains and a) it's all about finding lost gold and b) it might also work for traveling on an important quest and that's kind of hard to do in a kingdom that's difficult to leave/find again.
@Leopardmask

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that this sort of things happens when you have a lot of dragons in a Pinkerlocke. You just can't find something for everyone to do to allow them to have key parts in the story. I mean, Bahat and Bone (and Bridget a little bit) have all had important story roles, but Bohrium and Boo are far more like support characters. They have had no plot whatsoever happen to them directly. I hope I can find a role for Gillian in the future. His song isn't even much help with this (as much as I love it) because it's Misty Mountains and a) it's all about finding lost gold and b) it might also work for traveling on an important quest and that's kind of hard to do in a kingdom that's difficult to leave/find again.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Yeah, questing doesn't work super well in this setting lol. I suppose the key is to actually make them characters, regardless of plot significance, which you've done pretty well with Bohrium and Boo. Like, Marla's plot is pretty much done, but I would never consider her the kind of enigma to try and figure out what to do with that you're doing with Gillian, because she's been a real character this whole time. She shows up every so often to say something - and has actually been kicked back into a plot a bit with Tina, which I didn't originally expect - but just isn't a main character. Morning, on the other hand, did basically nothing except have a nest with Marla and occasionally go hunting. I feel like despite having fewer of them, some of my side characters get less love than yours do, because I don't write long multi-perspective posts about everything that happens like you do. I tend to be... I don't know, more poetic? I go with the flow and tend to like writing one-perspective posts.
Yeah, questing doesn't work super well in this setting lol. I suppose the key is to actually make them characters, regardless of plot significance, which you've done pretty well with Bohrium and Boo. Like, Marla's plot is pretty much done, but I would never consider her the kind of enigma to try and figure out what to do with that you're doing with Gillian, because she's been a real character this whole time. She shows up every so often to say something - and has actually been kicked back into a plot a bit with Tina, which I didn't originally expect - but just isn't a main character. Morning, on the other hand, did basically nothing except have a nest with Marla and occasionally go hunting. I feel like despite having fewer of them, some of my side characters get less love than yours do, because I don't write long multi-perspective posts about everything that happens like you do. I tend to be... I don't know, more poetic? I go with the flow and tend to like writing one-perspective posts.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

I guess that makes a lot of sense! What you said has helped me realize that what the problem is with Gillian is that he is a questing character, and now that his particular quest has come to an end, it's hard to think of a reason for him to want to stick around the clan. Staying true to his character probably means he'd want to go and wander, even if its without purpose. Before, he'd probably stick around for Violet, since they were friends, but without her, it's hard to see why he's going to stay.

I guess I do have the handy plot device of making the kingdom not let him leave if I need to keep him here. But I don't want to do that without reason, seeing as I've already established its darkness in the hearts of dragons that holds them in.

I'll figure this out eventually. I just need to figure out how to fit him best into this story now that his main quest is no longer available. Maybe all will become clear as I step into the next plot arc.
@Leopardmask

I guess that makes a lot of sense! What you said has helped me realize that what the problem is with Gillian is that he is a questing character, and now that his particular quest has come to an end, it's hard to think of a reason for him to want to stick around the clan. Staying true to his character probably means he'd want to go and wander, even if its without purpose. Before, he'd probably stick around for Violet, since they were friends, but without her, it's hard to see why he's going to stay.

I guess I do have the handy plot device of making the kingdom not let him leave if I need to keep him here. But I don't want to do that without reason, seeing as I've already established its darkness in the hearts of dragons that holds them in.

I'll figure this out eventually. I just need to figure out how to fit him best into this story now that his main quest is no longer available. Maybe all will become clear as I step into the next plot arc.
Yeah! Sometimes moving the plot along gives plenty of ideas :D like how Carrie might have drifted into being a side character if not for Tina but I hadn't even THOUGHT about those two interacting at first because Tina was there for Marla. Maybe the curse kind of thinks Gillian has more darkness than he truly does, because he's grieving for Violet, but somewhere down the line when he functionally dies, instead of dying in the story he just,,, wanders off.
Yeah! Sometimes moving the plot along gives plenty of ideas :D like how Carrie might have drifted into being a side character if not for Tina but I hadn't even THOUGHT about those two interacting at first because Tina was there for Marla. Maybe the curse kind of thinks Gillian has more darkness than he truly does, because he's grieving for Violet, but somewhere down the line when he functionally dies, instead of dying in the story he just,,, wanders off.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
W e l p, so I just caught up. Gosh dang, poor Bone D:. And poor Bahat... But yay eggs?
W e l p, so I just caught up. Gosh dang, poor Bone D:. And poor Bahat... But yay eggs?
@Sabariel Oof yeah, big things have happened Oh my goodness, I am so happy to see you here again, and just in time too! I think you're going to like today's chapter, you're going to be seeing a familiar face [emoji=spiral winking size=2]
@Sabariel

Oof yeah, big things have happened

Oh my goodness, I am so happy to see you here again, and just in time too! I think you're going to like today's chapter, you're going to be seeing a familiar face
:O Oh? Now I'm all excited to see who it is, lol.
:O Oh? Now I'm all excited to see who it is, lol.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/82#post_41329995]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 98: Amity[/u][/b] [item=infestation hound] Sentence: New Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54855099][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Gillian walked the empty streets of the city, wandering further and further away from thee central palace. His bags hung heavily on how shoulder, carrying the weight of all of his worldly possessions. Hi gaze was fixed on the horizon, willing it to grow closer and begging the city limits to let him through. He had not even told Blackwolf he was leaving. He had made the decision in the dead of the night, and had been unable to rest until he had packed his things. He had left early that morning, and he had been walking for hours. He didn't know where he was going, but he knew his feet were not made to stand still. He just hoped no one would see him and stop him. Gillian was not so fortunate. The wildclaw suddenly saw what looked like a long green vine whipping at him at top speed, colliding with him and wrapping around his neck in a strangely familiar fashion. As he gasped for air, his mind suddenly flashed to his initial meeting with Karma--though that collision had been an attack, not an accident. As the spiral unwound herself, Gillian began gasping to fill his starved lungs. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56565368][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56565368&skin=22931&apparel=552,1547,6029&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you like that! I just saw the city and got excited and-" The spiral babbled on, looking utterly mortified. Gillian shook his head, not listening anymore. "It's fine. Honestly, it is. Now, if you'll excuse me-" "Oh!" The spiral interrupted. "You're from here aren't you? Would you be able to show me to a blacksmith? I'm looking for someone to take me on as an apprentice!" As she spoke, her face broke into a beaming smile. Her body wriggled in the air, and she almost seemed to be tying herself in knots in her excitement. Gillian sighed. He guessed one more day in the Forgotten Kingdom wouldn't hurt. "Fine," He muttered. "Though you should probably be warned, our blacksmith is a bit of a hermit. He might not be looking to take on any apprentices right now." "Oh thank you!" The spiral didn't even seem to hear him as she moved to smother him in another hug. "I cannot thank you enough! Oh! What did you say your name was?" "I didn't," Gillian pointed out, before realizing he was being rude. "I'm Gillian." "Oh, my parents would be so embarrassed if they knew I had forgotten to ask your name. I get ahead of myself sometimes," The spiral suddenly looked very concerned. "Hey, kid, it's okay, I get it," Gillian's cracked a small smile. Despite himself, he was taking a liking to this young dragon. Her energy was refreshing. "What's your name?" "Oh! That's right!" The spiral's violet eyes widened. "I'm Amity! I'm a member of the Shadowbound! Or I was, before I left to make my own way in the world. Honestly, we don't live too far from here..." She looked around, frowning, as thought trying to recognize her surroundings. "Oh, that'll change," Gillian chuckled, flashing her a wry smile. "The Forgotten Kingdom moves around a lot." "Oh! An adventure!" Amity grinned. "I think I'm going to like it here!" Gillian had never thought about the city that way. He supposed it was an adventure, never knowing where you were going to end up next. That said, one actually have to [i]leave[/i] the city once in a while for the that logic to work. "Let me take you to Webb. He knows Khepri best out of anyone. If anyone can get you in an apprenticeship with him, it's Webb," Gillian decided. He didn't know when he had chosen to turn around, but now he found himself walking back to the Siren's Call, where the imperial soldier would likely be sharing a drink with Seaberry. He didn't know what it was about spirals, but apparently they had a way of getting under his skin and changing his mind. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54969209][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Khepri? Yeah I can take you to see him. He's not in right now though, he's been taking time off to visit his family," Webb explained. The imperial was leaning against the tavern counter, a drink in his hand. Beside him, Gillian could see Amity beginning to quiver out of the corner of his eye. "You're kidding," Gillian couldn't believe what he was hearing. In all of his time living in the Forgotten Kingdom, Khepri had not left his forge once. Rumor had it he worked constantly, running off of the snapper's inability to sleep. Judging from the fact Gillian had never walked by the forge without hearing the rhythmic clang of metal on metal, he took this rumor to be true. "The forge has gone silent," Webb confirmed. He turned to Amity. "Get yourself settled. There are tons of empty houses around. You can claim any one as long as it doesn't belong to anybody else. Take some time to get yourself acquainted with the city, and make sure you stop by the palace within the next 24 hours to introduce yourself to Queen Age and get yourself a lantern to protect you against the Shade. We have a strong strain of it here; you'll feel it closer to the Magic District than anywhere else." Amity nodded enthusiastically, then turned to Gillian. "Can you show me around?" She asked, beaming. Gillian almost couldn't take in her energy. How was she so bouncy? "Of course," Gillian agreed. It's not like he had anything better to do. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] A week had passed since Amity had arrived in the Forgotten Kingdom, and she loved every part of it. She was certain this was where she was meant to be. She had found her place. She couldn't wait to write home and tell her family about it. She missed them, especially her older sister Sonance, who had been a big support to her growing up. But she had found herself too busy exploring the wonders of the city to find time to write anything out. The spiral quivered with excitement as she stood outside the forge. Webb had sent for her once Khepri resumed his work. Now the moment she had been waiting for was finally here. She was about to begin her apprenticeship. The sound of metal on metal sent reverberations through her body, and she could feel it in her soul. This was what she was meant to do. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she stepped inside, trying to remain as solemn and respectful as possible. The scent of ash filled her nose as she wormed her way through the piles of metal creations. Then, rounding a corner, she saw him. A snapper stood, facing a way, pounding some shape out of metal. It looked vaguely like the head of a tundra. Around him, a fiery spirit flew, adding it's own heat and contibution, carving the finer details. It was it that noticed her arrival first. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52650538][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,31007,26559,12927,13792,13808,13848,440&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31392.png[/img][/center] "Excuse me?" Amity asked. The clanging stopped and the snapper turned. "It's been a long time since anyone new visited my forge," He said, chuckling slightly. "What can I do for you? I'm a bit busy with Bone's statue right now, but once that's done I can get started on whatever you're needing-" "I want to be your apprentice!" Amity burst out, not able to wait a moment longer. If she didn't say anything soon, she was going to start wiggling all over the place. Khepri's eyes widened in shock. "Well, that's a new one. I've never had an apprentice before." "So you won't take me," Amity's felt her heart drop within her, until she realized she shouldn't give up on her dreams so easily. "I promise I'll work hard! And I'll do everything you ask! You won't regret it, I-" "Woah, slow down," Khepri snorted and shook his head. "You sure have a lot of energy. Tell you what, we'll give it a shot. It's not work everyone is cut out for, but goodness knows I could use a bit more company. Webb's been visiting less since he started spending more time with Seaberry, and I don't want to overstay my welcome with my family while they're still getting used to me again." Amity didn't know what to say. She squealed and gave the old snapper a big hug. This was the best day of her life. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/85#post_41376885]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27[/center] ----- Special thanks to @Sabariel for Amity! She's from the recently finished Pinkerlocke [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2643269/1#post_2643269]Let's Go[/url]. Let's hope she lasts longer than Sebastian, who was also from that same pinkerlocke. I have a few dragons stockpiled that I really really want to add to the locke (and several more that I'm probably going to add to the queue once I have them figured out a little more) but I don't want to lose the randomness that the pinkerlocke structure provides, so I've decided that as long as I have these pending dragons, I'm going to alternate for familiar pulls. So, next familiar pull, it will be random AH derg based on the random number generatior, and the one following that will be a pending dragon. The only familiar pulls exempt from this alternation is the alphabet legacy mates. When the time comes to buy one of those, I must roll for breed regardless of pending dragons. That said, if I roll a breed that I have pending (in the opposite gender), I may use a renaming scroll to name them according to the appropriate letter and introduce them to the locke. So there is still a chance. Also, this chapter was a bit more of a filler. We'll get into the next plot arc stuff tomorrow. I already know how I want to kick this off, but I wanted to wait for my E nest to hatch so I can make sure those kids fit into this next big plotline.

Day 98: Amity
Infestation Hound
Sentence: New Dragon

dragon?did=54855099&skin=0&apparel=14676,10379,439,20572,20571,20573&xt=dressing.png

Gillian walked the empty streets of the city, wandering further and further away from thee central palace. His bags hung heavily on how shoulder, carrying the weight of all of his worldly possessions. Hi gaze was fixed on the horizon, willing it to grow closer and begging the city limits to let him through.

He had not even told Blackwolf he was leaving. He had made the decision in the dead of the night, and had been unable to rest until he had packed his things. He had left early that morning, and he had been walking for hours. He didn't know where he was going, but he knew his feet were not made to stand still. He just hoped no one would see him and stop him.

Gillian was not so fortunate.

The wildclaw suddenly saw what looked like a long green vine whipping at him at top speed, colliding with him and wrapping around his neck in a strangely familiar fashion. As he gasped for air, his mind suddenly flashed to his initial meeting with Karma--though that collision had been an attack, not an accident.

As the spiral unwound herself, Gillian began gasping to fill his starved lungs.
dragon?did=56565368&skin=22931&apparel=552,1547,6029&xt=dressing.png

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you like that! I just saw the city and got excited and-" The spiral babbled on, looking utterly mortified.

Gillian shook his head, not listening anymore. "It's fine. Honestly, it is. Now, if you'll excuse me-"

"Oh!" The spiral interrupted. "You're from here aren't you? Would you be able to show me to a blacksmith? I'm looking for someone to take me on as an apprentice!" As she spoke, her face broke into a beaming smile. Her body wriggled in the air, and she almost seemed to be tying herself in knots in her excitement.

Gillian sighed. He guessed one more day in the Forgotten Kingdom wouldn't hurt. "Fine," He muttered. "Though you should probably be warned, our blacksmith is a bit of a hermit. He might not be looking to take on any apprentices right now."

"Oh thank you!" The spiral didn't even seem to hear him as she moved to smother him in another hug. "I cannot thank you enough! Oh! What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't," Gillian pointed out, before realizing he was being rude. "I'm Gillian."

"Oh, my parents would be so embarrassed if they knew I had forgotten to ask your name. I get ahead of myself sometimes," The spiral suddenly looked very concerned.

"Hey, kid, it's okay, I get it," Gillian's cracked a small smile. Despite himself, he was taking a liking to this young dragon. Her energy was refreshing. "What's your name?"

"Oh! That's right!" The spiral's violet eyes widened. "I'm Amity! I'm a member of the Shadowbound! Or I was, before I left to make my own way in the world. Honestly, we don't live too far from here..." She looked around, frowning, as thought trying to recognize her surroundings.

"Oh, that'll change," Gillian chuckled, flashing her a wry smile. "The Forgotten Kingdom moves around a lot."

"Oh! An adventure!" Amity grinned. "I think I'm going to like it here!"

Gillian had never thought about the city that way. He supposed it was an adventure, never knowing where you were going to end up next. That said, one actually have to leave the city once in a while for the that logic to work.

"Let me take you to Webb. He knows Khepri best out of anyone. If anyone can get you in an apprenticeship with him, it's Webb," Gillian decided. He didn't know when he had chosen to turn around, but now he found himself walking back to the Siren's Call, where the imperial soldier would likely be sharing a drink with Seaberry.

He didn't know what it was about spirals, but apparently they had a way of getting under his skin and changing his mind.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png

"Khepri? Yeah I can take you to see him. He's not in right now though, he's been taking time off to visit his family," Webb explained. The imperial was leaning against the tavern counter, a drink in his hand.

Beside him, Gillian could see Amity beginning to quiver out of the corner of his eye.

"You're kidding," Gillian couldn't believe what he was hearing. In all of his time living in the Forgotten Kingdom, Khepri had not left his forge once. Rumor had it he worked constantly, running off of the snapper's inability to sleep. Judging from the fact Gillian had never walked by the forge without hearing the rhythmic clang of metal on metal, he took this rumor to be true.

"The forge has gone silent," Webb confirmed. He turned to Amity. "Get yourself settled. There are tons of empty houses around. You can claim any one as long as it doesn't belong to anybody else. Take some time to get yourself acquainted with the city, and make sure you stop by the palace within the next 24 hours to introduce yourself to Queen Age and get yourself a lantern to protect you against the Shade. We have a strong strain of it here; you'll feel it closer to the Magic District than anywhere else."

Amity nodded enthusiastically, then turned to Gillian. "Can you show me around?" She asked, beaming. Gillian almost couldn't take in her energy. How was she so bouncy?

"Of course," Gillian agreed. It's not like he had anything better to do.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

A week had passed since Amity had arrived in the Forgotten Kingdom, and she loved every part of it. She was certain this was where she was meant to be. She had found her place. She couldn't wait to write home and tell her family about it. She missed them, especially her older sister Sonance, who had been a big support to her growing up. But she had found herself too busy exploring the wonders of the city to find time to write anything out.

The spiral quivered with excitement as she stood outside the forge. Webb had sent for her once Khepri resumed his work. Now the moment she had been waiting for was finally here. She was about to begin her apprenticeship. The sound of metal on metal sent reverberations through her body, and she could feel it in her soul. This was what she was meant to do.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she stepped inside, trying to remain as solemn and respectful as possible. The scent of ash filled her nose as she wormed her way through the piles of metal creations.

Then, rounding a corner, she saw him. A snapper stood, facing a way, pounding some shape out of metal. It looked vaguely like the head of a tundra. Around him, a fiery spirit flew, adding it's own heat and contibution, carving the finer details. It was it that noticed her arrival first.
dragon?did=52650538&skin=0&apparel=749,31007,26559,12927,13792,13808,13848,440&xt=dressing.png
31392.png

"Excuse me?" Amity asked.

The clanging stopped and the snapper turned.

"It's been a long time since anyone new visited my forge," He said, chuckling slightly. "What can I do for you? I'm a bit busy with Bone's statue right now, but once that's done I can get started on whatever you're needing-"

"I want to be your apprentice!" Amity burst out, not able to wait a moment longer. If she didn't say anything soon, she was going to start wiggling all over the place.

Khepri's eyes widened in shock. "Well, that's a new one. I've never had an apprentice before."

"So you won't take me," Amity's felt her heart drop within her, until she realized she shouldn't give up on her dreams so easily. "I promise I'll work hard! And I'll do everything you ask! You won't regret it, I-"

"Woah, slow down," Khepri snorted and shook his head. "You sure have a lot of energy. Tell you what, we'll give it a shot. It's not work everyone is cut out for, but goodness knows I could use a bit more company. Webb's been visiting less since he started spending more time with Seaberry, and I don't want to overstay my welcome with my family while they're still getting used to me again."

Amity didn't know what to say. She squealed and gave the old snapper a big hug.

This was the best day of her life.

Special thanks to @Sabariel for Amity! She's from the recently finished Pinkerlocke Let's Go. Let's hope she lasts longer than Sebastian, who was also from that same pinkerlocke.

I have a few dragons stockpiled that I really really want to add to the locke (and several more that I'm probably going to add to the queue once I have them figured out a little more) but I don't want to lose the randomness that the pinkerlocke structure provides, so I've decided that as long as I have these pending dragons, I'm going to alternate for familiar pulls. So, next familiar pull, it will be random AH derg based on the random number generatior, and the one following that will be a pending dragon.

The only familiar pulls exempt from this alternation is the alphabet legacy mates. When the time comes to buy one of those, I must roll for breed regardless of pending dragons. That said, if I roll a breed that I have pending (in the opposite gender), I may use a renaming scroll to name them according to the appropriate letter and introduce them to the locke. So there is still a chance.

Also, this chapter was a bit more of a filler. We'll get into the next plot arc stuff tomorrow. I already know how I want to kick this off, but I wanted to wait for my E nest to hatch so I can make sure those kids fit into this next big plotline.
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 141 142