That's... worrying.
That's... worrying.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@MisterMylez

It is, isn't it?
@MisterMylez

It is, isn't it?
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Indeed.
Indeed.
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/72#post_41034815]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 83: Forgotten Child[/u][/b] [item=pine branch] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55842718][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Dusk! Dusk, wake up!" The nocturne jolted awake to the sound of his voice calling in the night. he looked up and glanced around. Darkstar and Marasi were asleep, and Cedric had clearly gone out for the night to that his sleeplessness wouldn't disturb the others. Even in the night, the Sunbeam ruins was unnaturally bright, and he couldn't see who had called him. Maybe it had been a dream. "Dusk!" The voice called again, just as Dusk had opted to return to sleep. Suddenly, he recognized it! It was Bridget's voice! But how could he hear it all the way out here? Was she nearby? Dusk moved out of the ruins they had been taking shelter in and into the fog of the Hewn City. Here, even at night, the dark seemed unnatural. Back home, it was dark and foggy all the time, but that was the natural state of the Tangled Wood. Here, the Sunbeam ruins were drenched in light, and it was as if someone had put a sheet over the sun and moon. "Bridget?" He called out into the mist. Maybe he was seeing things. He had heard stories of the Hewn City. Before he could turn around and go back, however, Bridget appeared, transparent in the fog. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55717682][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55717682&skin=0&apparel=12908,12922,6269&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hey, so we have to talk quick, because Ragna doesn't know what I'm doing, but you know how the shade is technically everywhere on Sornieth? Yeah, turns out I can tap into that and I found you guys and I found Caroll and I just wanted to say that he's safe, he's found a friend, and I'm sending someone interesting I found in the Hewn City to help you guys reconnect. He's got a connection to Caroll's friend, and I've asked him to come find you to help you out. Don't worry, he's harmless. Mostly. I think." Bridget said. "Oh, okay," Dusk said, taken aback. He wasn't entirely convinced this wasn't some strange dream. "Anyways, I should probably go so the Shade doesn't get at my soul or anything. I can already feel it nudging away and it is quite unpleasant. I would like to remain myself thank you very much," Bridget added indignantly. "But before I go, I just wanted to say, don't trust Darkstar. I don't know how much of it is true, but Bahat said that apparently she's on some sort of mission to destroy the royal line or something? He wasn't talking very clearly. I'm not sure what happened, he's usually so calm. But on the other hand, she was trained by Ragna, and if she's gone off the rails, then that makes her a powerful enemy. You want to be careful with her." The tundra shrugged, then winced. "Ooo, that was a close one. I've really got to go or Ragna will have no choice but to destroy me. Bye!" And with that, Bridget's form disappeared, leaving Dusk alone in the fog. Brain still racing from all the information Bridget had given him, he was unable to fall back asleep once he had returned to the ruined building they had taken shelter in. He kept eyeing Darkstar suspiciously, wondering if Bridget's rumor was true. He wouldn't put it past her. She had probably offed Violet too. But it didn't quite make sense. She had plenty of chances to kill him and Cedric, why had she not taken them yet? Was it because she had a witness in Marasi, and a ridgeback would be harder to kill at her size? [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55707297][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Suddenly, the ridgeback yawned and woke up, her pink eyes staring at Dusk. "Were you watching me sleep?" She wrinkled her nose. "Like I said, I was keeping an eye on you," Dusk shot back. "Gosh, kid," Darkstar shook her head. "Doesn't it get exhausting being so paranoid?" "Stop calling me a kid! We're like three months apart!" Dusk hissed. "Yes, and I've just stopped growing, and you still have a ways to go," Darkstar smirked. "Gosh, you guys are fighting this early?" Cedric said as he stepped into the ruins. "Can't you at least wait for breakfast?" [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55890444][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55890444&skin=18014&apparel=3285&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Any sign of Caroll?" Dusk asked hopefully. "No, but I found someone else," As Cedric spoke, a young imperial appeared. He was wearing dark robes and appeared to be bound by some rune-covered linen strips. Dusk was not a dragon who was easily intimidated, but he had to admit there was something about this dragon that radiated an almost unnatural power, and that unlocked some primal fear within his body. He almost got the sense that whatever this dragon was, it should never have been created. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56066413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Who's your friend?" Darkstar asked, a sour look on her face. She was clearly as unnerved by the newcomer as Dusk was, to his absolute delight. "This is Xavier," Cedric explained, casting the imperial a side glance. "Apparently Bridget talked to him and told him we need help finding Caroll? Apparently he can help?" So it wasn't a dream. "You know where Caroll is?" Dusk asked, turning his interrogation onto Xavier. "Not precisely, but I can find him," Xavier explained. His voice was deeper than any dragon Dusk had ever heard before. "When I sleep, I walk in the dreams of other dragons, and there is one particular dragon I've been finding myself in the dreams of regularly. Her name is Tiffany, and I believe she recently came across that friend of yours. If I can get Tiffany to co-operate, we can try to find a place to meet up in the waking world." "Where did you find this guy?" Dusk whispered to Cedric, feeling a little nervous at the whole prospect of invading another dragon's dreams. If this dragon could do it, how private were a dragon's dreams? Had any of his dreams been watched by another? "I don't know, he was just wandering the Hewn City," Cedric shrugged. "He gave me the creeps, so I tried to shake him off, but he insisted he was sent to find me and followed me back here." "He's legit," Dusk sighed. "Bridget spoke to me." "She what?!" Cedric's eyes widened. "You've got to be careful, man. This place does weird things to a dragon. There's no guarantee that was even her." "The sooner we find Caroll and get out of here, the better," Dusk shivered. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/74#post_41061065]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee[/center] ----- Introducing one of the X generation spares from CleverDual's alphabet legacy challenge! Xavier's arrival was what I was waiting for in order to move on with this plot. I wanted them to meet him in light while they were all here, though I didn't know in what capacity he would help until I got him song and realized what a good fit the accent is... Also, fun fact, today's chapter is named after Xavier's accent!

Day 83: Forgotten Child
Pine Branch
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=55842718&skin=0&apparel=293,294,23030,23036&xt=dressing.png

"Dusk! Dusk, wake up!" The nocturne jolted awake to the sound of his voice calling in the night. he looked up and glanced around. Darkstar and Marasi were asleep, and Cedric had clearly gone out for the night to that his sleeplessness wouldn't disturb the others. Even in the night, the Sunbeam ruins was unnaturally bright, and he couldn't see who had called him. Maybe it had been a dream.

"Dusk!" The voice called again, just as Dusk had opted to return to sleep. Suddenly, he recognized it! It was Bridget's voice! But how could he hear it all the way out here? Was she nearby?

Dusk moved out of the ruins they had been taking shelter in and into the fog of the Hewn City. Here, even at night, the dark seemed unnatural. Back home, it was dark and foggy all the time, but that was the natural state of the Tangled Wood. Here, the Sunbeam ruins were drenched in light, and it was as if someone had put a sheet over the sun and moon.

"Bridget?" He called out into the mist. Maybe he was seeing things. He had heard stories of the Hewn City. Before he could turn around and go back, however, Bridget appeared, transparent in the fog.
dragon?did=55717682&skin=0&apparel=12908,12922,6269&xt=dressing.png

"Hey, so we have to talk quick, because Ragna doesn't know what I'm doing, but you know how the shade is technically everywhere on Sornieth? Yeah, turns out I can tap into that and I found you guys and I found Caroll and I just wanted to say that he's safe, he's found a friend, and I'm sending someone interesting I found in the Hewn City to help you guys reconnect. He's got a connection to Caroll's friend, and I've asked him to come find you to help you out. Don't worry, he's harmless. Mostly. I think." Bridget said.

"Oh, okay," Dusk said, taken aback. He wasn't entirely convinced this wasn't some strange dream.

"Anyways, I should probably go so the Shade doesn't get at my soul or anything. I can already feel it nudging away and it is quite unpleasant. I would like to remain myself thank you very much," Bridget added indignantly. "But before I go, I just wanted to say, don't trust Darkstar. I don't know how much of it is true, but Bahat said that apparently she's on some sort of mission to destroy the royal line or something? He wasn't talking very clearly. I'm not sure what happened, he's usually so calm. But on the other hand, she was trained by Ragna, and if she's gone off the rails, then that makes her a powerful enemy. You want to be careful with her." The tundra shrugged, then winced. "Ooo, that was a close one. I've really got to go or Ragna will have no choice but to destroy me. Bye!"

And with that, Bridget's form disappeared, leaving Dusk alone in the fog. Brain still racing from all the information Bridget had given him, he was unable to fall back asleep once he had returned to the ruined building they had taken shelter in. He kept eyeing Darkstar suspiciously, wondering if Bridget's rumor was true. He wouldn't put it past her. She had probably offed Violet too. But it didn't quite make sense. She had plenty of chances to kill him and Cedric, why had she not taken them yet? Was it because she had a witness in Marasi, and a ridgeback would be harder to kill at her size?
dragon?did=55707297&skin=31064&apparel=428,440,333,28406,2506&xt=dressing.png

Suddenly, the ridgeback yawned and woke up, her pink eyes staring at Dusk.

"Were you watching me sleep?" She wrinkled her nose.

"Like I said, I was keeping an eye on you," Dusk shot back.

"Gosh, kid," Darkstar shook her head. "Doesn't it get exhausting being so paranoid?"

"Stop calling me a kid! We're like three months apart!" Dusk hissed.

"Yes, and I've just stopped growing, and you still have a ways to go," Darkstar smirked.

"Gosh, you guys are fighting this early?" Cedric said as he stepped into the ruins. "Can't you at least wait for breakfast?"
dragon?did=55890444&skin=18014&apparel=3285&xt=dressing.png

"Any sign of Caroll?" Dusk asked hopefully.

"No, but I found someone else," As Cedric spoke, a young imperial appeared. He was wearing dark robes and appeared to be bound by some rune-covered linen strips. Dusk was not a dragon who was easily intimidated, but he had to admit there was something about this dragon that radiated an almost unnatural power, and that unlocked some primal fear within his body. He almost got the sense that whatever this dragon was, it should never have been created.
dragon?did=56066413&skin=23312&apparel=23747&xt=dressing.png

"Who's your friend?" Darkstar asked, a sour look on her face. She was clearly as unnerved by the newcomer as Dusk was, to his absolute delight.

"This is Xavier," Cedric explained, casting the imperial a side glance. "Apparently Bridget talked to him and told him we need help finding Caroll? Apparently he can help?"

So it wasn't a dream.

"You know where Caroll is?" Dusk asked, turning his interrogation onto Xavier.

"Not precisely, but I can find him," Xavier explained. His voice was deeper than any dragon Dusk had ever heard before. "When I sleep, I walk in the dreams of other dragons, and there is one particular dragon I've been finding myself in the dreams of regularly. Her name is Tiffany, and I believe she recently came across that friend of yours. If I can get Tiffany to co-operate, we can try to find a place to meet up in the waking world."

"Where did you find this guy?" Dusk whispered to Cedric, feeling a little nervous at the whole prospect of invading another dragon's dreams. If this dragon could do it, how private were a dragon's dreams? Had any of his dreams been watched by another?

"I don't know, he was just wandering the Hewn City," Cedric shrugged. "He gave me the creeps, so I tried to shake him off, but he insisted he was sent to find me and followed me back here."

"He's legit," Dusk sighed. "Bridget spoke to me."

"She what?!" Cedric's eyes widened. "You've got to be careful, man. This place does weird things to a dragon. There's no guarantee that was even her."

"The sooner we find Caroll and get out of here, the better," Dusk shivered.

Introducing one of the X generation spares from CleverDual's alphabet legacy challenge! Xavier's arrival was what I was waiting for in order to move on with this plot. I wanted them to meet him in light while they were all here, though I didn't know in what capacity he would help until I got him song and realized what a good fit the accent is...

Also, fun fact, today's chapter is named after Xavier's accent!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall Bingeing chapters today! Here we go~

Day 82
Cantarelli is awesome! I can't help feeling for Coldstorm, though; this is a very dangerous city, and of course it's never good when kids go missing for a while.

Webb's turning out to be a pretty cool guy too. I like how you addressed his getting along with Karma, given that she and her mother have a lot of baggage of their own to deal with.

Aaaaand there's the mystery of Violet's death explained. Wow, Lucian really knows how to dish out bad news and dirt. There's a real attitude problem exploding inside that tiny frame. He reminds me a lot of Heaven, tbh.

Day 83
Bridget's ability is really interesting! The Shade's often portrayed as entirely negative, so having a character being able to use it for good is a nice spin on things.

Also couldn't help snickering at Dusk being unnerved by Xavier and then being delighted that Darkstar was unnerved, too. This is turning out to be a fun relationship. XD
@Petall Bingeing chapters today! Here we go~

Day 82
Cantarelli is awesome! I can't help feeling for Coldstorm, though; this is a very dangerous city, and of course it's never good when kids go missing for a while.

Webb's turning out to be a pretty cool guy too. I like how you addressed his getting along with Karma, given that she and her mother have a lot of baggage of their own to deal with.

Aaaaand there's the mystery of Violet's death explained. Wow, Lucian really knows how to dish out bad news and dirt. There's a real attitude problem exploding inside that tiny frame. He reminds me a lot of Heaven, tbh.

Day 83
Bridget's ability is really interesting! The Shade's often portrayed as entirely negative, so having a character being able to use it for good is a nice spin on things.

Also couldn't help snickering at Dusk being unnerved by Xavier and then being delighted that Darkstar was unnerved, too. This is turning out to be a fun relationship. XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Sooo basically bridget can go everywhere and funky dream dragon can pop into dreams.
Sooo basically bridget can go everywhere and funky dream dragon can pop into dreams.
Hmm... funny how we keep having character motivations/skills/etc. parallel each other despite neither of us knowing what the other is doing because Spoilers. This one is even more interesting considering the dragon it involves on my end...
Hmm... funny how we keep having character motivations/skills/etc. parallel each other despite neither of us knowing what the other is doing because Spoilers. This one is even more interesting considering the dragon it involves on my end...
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Disillusionist

I know I shouldn't have favourites, but Cantarelli is definitely one of my favourites.

I'm glad you're liking Webb! I enjoyed having the chance to write him more, I've been meaning to get to him for forever!

Bridget's so naturally curious, its inevitable she'd try to use it sooner or later!

Yeah, their dynamic is super fun to write, and I'm glad that I get to write more of them as they travel together!

@MisterMylez

Yup, that's exactly it!

@Leopardmask

Really? Now I'm really curious what's going on your end... I can't wait to find out what I've unintentionally paralleled!
@Disillusionist

I know I shouldn't have favourites, but Cantarelli is definitely one of my favourites.

I'm glad you're liking Webb! I enjoyed having the chance to write him more, I've been meaning to get to him for forever!

Bridget's so naturally curious, its inevitable she'd try to use it sooner or later!

Yeah, their dynamic is super fun to write, and I'm glad that I get to write more of them as they travel together!

@MisterMylez

Yup, that's exactly it!

@Leopardmask

Really? Now I'm really curious what's going on your end... I can't wait to find out what I've unintentionally paralleled!
I am great at simplifying things.
I am great at simplifying things.
@Petall

I love the idea that Bridget can use the Shade in that way!

And I love Xavier already! I can't wait to see how he helps the kiddos!

Omg, Darkstar and Dusk's mutual unnervedness is GREAT. I love their relationship!
@Petall

I love the idea that Bridget can use the Shade in that way!

And I love Xavier already! I can't wait to see how he helps the kiddos!

Omg, Darkstar and Dusk's mutual unnervedness is GREAT. I love their relationship!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sakura | she/her
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Seeking Feb 23rd G1s!
lair spotlight >
92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png