Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 141 142
@Petall *whistles* Wow, that is a lot of new people in such a short space of time! I'm genuinely curious, how do you keep track of them? Do you also have a spreadsheet or list, or are lair tabs sufficient?

And whoa, the mystery of Violet's death gets shadier. Still, I had to lol at Dusk and Darkstar haranguing each other. Sometimes a playground insult like "twerp" is way more fun. XD Also Cedric yelling variations of "You guys, SHUT UP" and Marasi just barging in. That was a hilarious scene!

As for the rate of introducing new characters, personally, I trust yur judgment in deciding whether to unveil them right away or store them for future use. ^^ You know the story and the city best, after all!
@Petall *whistles* Wow, that is a lot of new people in such a short space of time! I'm genuinely curious, how do you keep track of them? Do you also have a spreadsheet or list, or are lair tabs sufficient?

And whoa, the mystery of Violet's death gets shadier. Still, I had to lol at Dusk and Darkstar haranguing each other. Sometimes a playground insult like "twerp" is way more fun. XD Also Cedric yelling variations of "You guys, SHUT UP" and Marasi just barging in. That was a hilarious scene!

As for the rate of introducing new characters, personally, I trust yur judgment in deciding whether to unveil them right away or store them for future use. ^^ You know the story and the city best, after all!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

I mostly just rely on lair tabs. I bond with familiars pretty much every day too, so that helps me remember who's around. Plus, I have a playlist of all their songs so I listen to that on shuffle and sometimes that helps me remember plotlines that I wanted to include, or gives me ideas of how to bring in characters in new ways. (Like Juliette's theme song? I gave that to her ages and ages ago and wow, I had no idea just how well it would fit now that she's integrated here). It can be difficult sometimes though when I get a bunch of characters too quickly and I haven't cemented them all in my brain yet.

Oh yeah, their argument was so much fun to write! They really get on each others nerves! And then the irony of Darkstar's insults towards Dusk, considering the fact they still have a relatively small age gap. (They're less than a week apart real life time, which I translated to 3 months apart considering 1 month irl=1 year FR time in my canon, therefore each week is approximately 3 months if I want to get technical about it. Which usually I don't. But in my canon, depending on the cooldown, it takes from 6 months - 1 year for a dragon to fully mature to their full size and become an 'adult').

Thank you for your trust! :D
@Disillusionist

I mostly just rely on lair tabs. I bond with familiars pretty much every day too, so that helps me remember who's around. Plus, I have a playlist of all their songs so I listen to that on shuffle and sometimes that helps me remember plotlines that I wanted to include, or gives me ideas of how to bring in characters in new ways. (Like Juliette's theme song? I gave that to her ages and ages ago and wow, I had no idea just how well it would fit now that she's integrated here). It can be difficult sometimes though when I get a bunch of characters too quickly and I haven't cemented them all in my brain yet.

Oh yeah, their argument was so much fun to write! They really get on each others nerves! And then the irony of Darkstar's insults towards Dusk, considering the fact they still have a relatively small age gap. (They're less than a week apart real life time, which I translated to 3 months apart considering 1 month irl=1 year FR time in my canon, therefore each week is approximately 3 months if I want to get technical about it. Which usually I don't. But in my canon, depending on the cooldown, it takes from 6 months - 1 year for a dragon to fully mature to their full size and become an 'adult').

Thank you for your trust! :D
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I think you're incorporating characters pretty well~. It actually plays pretty well to the story(ies) that you have going, just given the nature of it. So honestly, if you're comfortable with this rate of new dragons, I say keep going. It seems like you're on a good roll. It does help a lot that you always post images of the dragons involved (something I've generally been too lazy to do in my 'locke, haha).
In so saying, there are some characters that I've found myself kind of missing and still have questions about. Then again, I don't know if you'll get around to the characters soon/eventually and I just need to have patience (there's been a couple instances where I think "Oh, I wonder where X has gone" and lo and behold, you write about them in the next post).
Anyway, long story short, you're good, keep at it~.
@Petall I think you're incorporating characters pretty well~. It actually plays pretty well to the story(ies) that you have going, just given the nature of it. So honestly, if you're comfortable with this rate of new dragons, I say keep going. It seems like you're on a good roll. It does help a lot that you always post images of the dragons involved (something I've generally been too lazy to do in my 'locke, haha).
In so saying, there are some characters that I've found myself kind of missing and still have questions about. Then again, I don't know if you'll get around to the characters soon/eventually and I just need to have patience (there's been a couple instances where I think "Oh, I wonder where X has gone" and lo and behold, you write about them in the next post).
Anyway, long story short, you're good, keep at it~.
@Sabariel

Thank you for your input! That's really really helpful!

Out of curiosity, which characters are you most wondering about now? Just to make sure they're in the periphery of my brain so I can pull them in again and get back to them when the timing works.
@Sabariel

Thank you for your input! That's really really helpful!

Out of curiosity, which characters are you most wondering about now? Just to make sure they're in the periphery of my brain so I can pull them in again and get back to them when the timing works.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall No prob! And well. Been worried about Khepri still, and I definitely want to know more about Webb (he's just really intrigued me). Had been wondering about Gillian and Violet, but that's been answered =w=;;. Poor Violet... Anyway, I think that's about it.
@Petall No prob! And well. Been worried about Khepri still, and I definitely want to know more about Webb (he's just really intrigued me). Had been wondering about Gillian and Violet, but that's been answered =w=;;. Poor Violet... Anyway, I think that's about it.
Wooo, lots to catch up on! many dragons! dead spiral! A A A A A A A A A-
Wooo, lots to catch up on! many dragons! dead spiral! A A A A A A A A A-
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@Sabariel

Thanks! I've been meaning to get back to Khepri and Webb for a while, hopefully I can do that in some capacity soon!

@MisterMylez

Yes! There is a lot going on here!
@Sabariel

Thanks! I've been meaning to get back to Khepri and Webb for a while, hopefully I can do that in some capacity soon!

@MisterMylez

Yes! There is a lot going on here!
@Petall

(Pinks giving you all the familiar pulls I want. LOL)

I don't really mind all the new characters, but I do have to admit it's getting a little hard to keep up with. But that just might be me! I get confused easily.

Anyway, it really helps when you post their image (as someone else above said) and the lore in their bio.

And omg, Tiffany is great. I love characters that are distracted easily, they're so fun! I can't wait to learn more about her and how she'll get Caroll back to the Tangled Wood.
@Petall

(Pinks giving you all the familiar pulls I want. LOL)

I don't really mind all the new characters, but I do have to admit it's getting a little hard to keep up with. But that just might be me! I get confused easily.

Anyway, it really helps when you post their image (as someone else above said) and the lore in their bio.

And omg, Tiffany is great. I love characters that are distracted easily, they're so fun! I can't wait to learn more about her and how she'll get Caroll back to the Tangled Wood.
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

(Here's hoping you get some familiar pulls soon!!!)

I get it! There are certain aspects of it that get confusing to me too! Which is why I was wondering how you readers were doing with it all! I'm glad the image helps!

Thank you! I'm really excited to have a character like Tiffany! I have a feeling this clan needs a bright dragon like that to bring some joy to the kingdom!
@Tiffkaboo

(Here's hoping you get some familiar pulls soon!!!)

I get it! There are certain aspects of it that get confusing to me too! Which is why I was wondering how you readers were doing with it all! I'm glad the image helps!

Thank you! I'm really excited to have a character like Tiffany! I have a feeling this clan needs a bright dragon like that to bring some joy to the kingdom!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/71#post_41019163]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 82: The Left Behind[/u][/b] [item=Moonglow Foxtail] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54788065][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54788065&skin=0&apparel=286,27201,19042,13807&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54677424][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54677424&skin=0&apparel=23032,23026,23033,23031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The bell above the door rang as Coldstorm wandered in, looking bedraggled. "Any sign of Dusk?" Cantarelli asked, not looking up from the wares she was organizing. She had just finished a fresh batch of jerky. "Not anywhere," Coldstorm said bleakly. "Give it time. He's young. Young dragons go on adventures. He can take care of himself. He'll come back, you'll see," Cantarelli soothed. "I just can't help but be worried," Coldstorm sighed. "Dad said Cedric and Caroll have been missing these past few days too." "Then he has friends," Cantarelli pointed out. "He can handle himself. I'm sure everything is just fine." "I know," Coldstorm sighed. "I just can't shake the feeling that something terrible has happened." "Hey," Cantarelli said, moving closer to her mate. "Have faith in our son. We've trained him well. And look after yourself too. Don't go running yourself dry." "What's that supposed to mean?" Coldstorm winced. "You almost killed a dragon when we lost our daughter," Cantarelli reminded him. "I [i]did[/i] kill a dragon when we lost our daughter," Coldstorm pointed out darkly. "Bailaduel would still be alive if I didn't go picking a fight." "Then remember that, before you let this drive you to be reckless too," Cantarelli said. She kissed his cheek, and returned to her work. Coldstorm stared at her for a moment before turning to leave. He had to go visit his father. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54489021][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52846259][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54969209][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Karma sighed, watching from a distance as her mother got all gooey with Webb. She couldn't believe she had actually suggested that she give him a shot. This was getting unbearable. She had forgotten how her mother got when she was infatuated with another dragon. "Are you sure you can't stay tonight?" Seaberry flirted, admiring the muscles that rippled under the soldier's starry scales. "You know I need to get back to Khepri," Webb said softly, in a voice he saved only for Seaberry. "I told him I'd drop by this evening to check up on him." Seaberry gave the imperial sad hainu eyes and pouted, but Webb was not swayed. "I'll see you tomorrow," He said, a smirk stretching across his face. He left her without a kiss, which Karma could see upset her mother, and she remembered why she had suggested this match. Webb was an honorable man, and wouldn't be flippant with his affection. He was falling for her though. Karma had seen it ever since the night of the Starfall Ball, and it had only grown stronger. Karma moved to intercept the imperial as he made his way towards the door of the tavern. "Can we talk?" She asked. "Of course, as long as its quick," Webb promised, looking at the clock. "I need to get back to-" "Back to Khepri, I know. I heard," Karma admitted. "I'll keep it brief." The two moved to a more quiet corner of the tavern, just out of sight of Seaberry. "Karma, I know you don't like that your mother and I are together, but I-" Webb began. "No, this isn't about that!" Karma waved her hand and snorted. "I mean, it's true, but that's not what I want to talk about." "You know, I care very much about your mother. I heard what happened with Zeal. I'm not going to just walk away like that," Webb promised. "Look, it's not you I'm worried about," Karma cast a look in her mother's direction. She could hear her singing as she cleaned the dishes. She didn't know if her mother had the patience for an actual long-term relationship. She had never seen her in one. "And that's not the point. The point is, you've been appointed as a royal soldier or something, haven't you?" "Head of the Royal Warriors," Webb confirmed. "Though that's on the down-low right now. I'm technically the only royal warrior, so there's not much going on with that right now." "I was wondering-" Karma took a breath in. She couldn't believe she was asking him for help. "You see, my friends, their sons have gone missing. They're good kids, it's really unlike them. I was wondering if there was anything that you could do about that, to look for them or something? Make sure they aren't in trouble?" "Ah yes, Queen Age told me about that," Webb nodded. "But thanks for bringing it to my attention again. I'll see what I can do, but really, right now there's not a whole lot to go off of. But I will keep an eye out and do what I can to bring them home." "Thank you," Karma breathed a sigh of relief. She hadn't realized that she was so worried about the boys. She had thought she was worried for Bone and Pomona's sake, but it was more than that. She had grown to care for Cedric and Caroll like they were her nephews. Not that she knew what it was like to have nephews, though if things continued the way they were going between Cecily and Bahat, it might not be long until she did. "Is that everything? Is there anything more I can help you with?" Webb asked, and Karma saw genuine concern in his eyes. Darn it, she was actually starting to like this guy! "I think Violet's gone missing too," Karma nodded. "But other than that, I think that's everything." "I'll let you know as soon as I have news," Webb promised. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53798928][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301275][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Bahat and Cecily were enjoying a walk through the palace gardens. They weren't as well maintained as they had been under Nevaeh's care, but Cedric had begun to take an interest in gardening and had taken up his grandmother's shears. As a result, the gardens were beginning to take shape again. It made for a delightful evening stroll, one the couple took a lot, but today Bahat's heart just wasn't in it. The gardens just reminded him of Cedric, whom the whole palace had a growing concern for. "You seem distracted," Cecily pointed out, as bluntly as she always did. "I just can't stop worrying about my nephews," Bahat sighed. "It's not like them to disappear like this. I could see Bone running away on some adventure, maybe Dusk as well, but Cedric and Caroll? It just doesn't make sense. At least, not without saying anything about where they are going." "It is a bit out of character, isn't it," Cecily frowned. Then a mischievous grin crossed her face. "What's that face for? You know that face worries me," Bahat said. "I have an idea," Cecily said, grin growing wider. "I know, and that's what scares me!" Bahat said, only half joking. "Come on!" Cecily said suddenly, and she took off, flying out of the palace and leaving Bahat to race behind her. The mirror followed his girlfriend through the streets of the clan, twisting and turning at unexpected corners. It was difficult to keep up. Bahat thought he knew the city streets well, but apparently he did not. "Where are we going?" Bahat panted, landing on the ground to run as he lost the stamina to fly. On his feet, he found he was able to keep pace much better, though it only served to make the turns more unexpected. "You'll see," Cecily smirked. Gosh, he loved that smirk. Bahat couldn't help it. He cracked a grin as well. Finally, they slowed to a halt in some back alley. They seemed to be behind the Siren's Call. One of the windows was open, and the smell of Seaberry's cooking wafted out, alongside the distant chatter of the dragons enjoying the tavern. "Why didn't we just go in the front?" Bahat panted. "Where's the fun in that?" Cecily shrugged. "Besides, how else are we going to get Lucian's attention?" "Wait, Lucian?" Bahat was taken aback. "What does he know about the disappearances?" "Lately Lucian's been getting involved with Jett and his gang," Cecily explained. "If there's anything fishy about these disappearances, he'll probably know." Bahat suddenly felt sick to his stomach. Was that why Lucian hadn't been coming to their Bastions & Beastclans sessions lately? He had turned his back on his old friends in order to rebel against them? What had changed? Or had they all simply been not paying close enough attention? The mirror watched as his girlfriend fluttered up to a back window and tapped on the glass. Moments later, the window was pushed open by a blue fae, and the pair fluttered down to meet Bahat. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55301300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "What's this about?" Lucian asked, clearly irritated with his sister. "I thought I told you I didn't want anything to do with the royals anymore?" "This is important Lucian," Cecily pleaded. "And come on, it's Bahat. He's a friend." "He's still a royal," Lucian pointed out. "He may not be a problem, but just you wait. After Age dies, the throne will pass to one of her sons. What if it's Bone? You really think he'll have the attention span to run a kingdom? Then say he dies and it passes on to Coldstorm. Coldstorm almost killed a dragon because he was upset, you really want a dragon like that to be king? That's two generations. Two generations and you already have a monarch you need to be on your toes around. Age is naive if she thinks she can prevent corruption through the right laws and systems. They will only lock us in further down the line, when the wrong monarch gets the throne." Bahat was trying hard not to get offended, especially if the fae held information about the missing dragons. Still, his remarks stung. Bone wouldn't be a bad king, and Coldstorm fought for justice. This was his family Lucian was insulting. "We were wondering if you knew anything about the missing dragons, Lucian," Cecily cut in, as blunt with her brother as she was with Bahat. "This isn't about royal blood or non-royal blood. This is about actual living dragons who may or may not be in danger. We need to know everything you know." "Oh yeah, I heard about the disappearances. They disappeared at around the same time Darkstar disappeared," Lucian mused. "Now, I'm too low down to get the inner workings of all of Thorburn's plans, but if Darkstar disappeared when they did-" The fae whistled. "I wouldn't be surprised if that's connected. Maybe she was sent to dismantle the royal line or anything." "But that doesn't explain Violet!" Bahat cut in. Lucian glared at him, but still responded. "Oh, Violet's been target number one for a long time. She's been getting in the way of our plans. If Violet's gone too, than its undeniable. They won't be coming back, once Darkstar's finished with them. Bahat suddenly felt very faint. "Woah, Bahat, are you okay?" Cecily asked, looking concerned. The mirror was too dizzy to respond. "Look what you did to him! Stop it with your jokes, now!" "I'm just speaking the truth," Lucian shrugged. "Look, Ses, you've been making your bed with these royals for too long. They aren't going to get you anywhere. If your precious Bahat becomes king, you're not going to get any real power. Look at the laws. Join us, then you can reach your full potential, without someone telling you what you can and cannot do." "Luce-" Cecily pleaded. "Is this the life you really want?" Lucian asked. "Just think about it." Bahat didn't hear Cecily's response. He had blacked out. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/73#post_41045394]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee[/center] ----- I told myself that once I got home, I would do my inktober drawing and go to bed. Have I done either of these things? No, I haven't. Is this just a filler chapter because I'm waiting for something important before I get too far with the others as they wander around the Sunbeam Ruins trying to find each other and their way back home? Yes, it is. Did I enjoy every second of it because I got to visit some characters I've been meaning to visit for a while? Also yes. In other words, do I have any regrets? No, but I might tomorrow morning!

Day 82: The Left Behind
Moonglow Foxtail
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=54788065&skin=0&apparel=286,27201,19042,13807&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54677424&skin=0&apparel=23032,23026,23033,23031&xt=dressing.png

The bell above the door rang as Coldstorm wandered in, looking bedraggled.

"Any sign of Dusk?" Cantarelli asked, not looking up from the wares she was organizing. She had just finished a fresh batch of jerky.

"Not anywhere," Coldstorm said bleakly.

"Give it time. He's young. Young dragons go on adventures. He can take care of himself. He'll come back, you'll see," Cantarelli soothed.

"I just can't help but be worried," Coldstorm sighed. "Dad said Cedric and Caroll have been missing these past few days too."

"Then he has friends," Cantarelli pointed out. "He can handle himself. I'm sure everything is just fine."

"I know," Coldstorm sighed. "I just can't shake the feeling that something terrible has happened."

"Hey," Cantarelli said, moving closer to her mate. "Have faith in our son. We've trained him well. And look after yourself too. Don't go running yourself dry."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Coldstorm winced.

"You almost killed a dragon when we lost our daughter," Cantarelli reminded him.

"I did kill a dragon when we lost our daughter," Coldstorm pointed out darkly. "Bailaduel would still be alive if I didn't go picking a fight."

"Then remember that, before you let this drive you to be reckless too," Cantarelli said. She kissed his cheek, and returned to her work. Coldstorm stared at her for a moment before turning to leave. He had to go visit his father.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=54489021&skin=0&apparel=278,24714&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=52846259&skin=0&apparel=492,10385,26359&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=54969209&skin=0&apparel=31390,8603&xt=dressing.png

Karma sighed, watching from a distance as her mother got all gooey with Webb. She couldn't believe she had actually suggested that she give him a shot. This was getting unbearable. She had forgotten how her mother got when she was infatuated with another dragon.

"Are you sure you can't stay tonight?" Seaberry flirted, admiring the muscles that rippled under the soldier's starry scales.

"You know I need to get back to Khepri," Webb said softly, in a voice he saved only for Seaberry. "I told him I'd drop by this evening to check up on him."

Seaberry gave the imperial sad hainu eyes and pouted, but Webb was not swayed.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He said, a smirk stretching across his face. He left her without a kiss, which Karma could see upset her mother, and she remembered why she had suggested this match. Webb was an honorable man, and wouldn't be flippant with his affection. He was falling for her though. Karma had seen it ever since the night of the Starfall Ball, and it had only grown stronger.

Karma moved to intercept the imperial as he made his way towards the door of the tavern.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Of course, as long as its quick," Webb promised, looking at the clock. "I need to get back to-"

"Back to Khepri, I know. I heard," Karma admitted. "I'll keep it brief."

The two moved to a more quiet corner of the tavern, just out of sight of Seaberry.

"Karma, I know you don't like that your mother and I are together, but I-" Webb began.

"No, this isn't about that!" Karma waved her hand and snorted. "I mean, it's true, but that's not what I want to talk about."

"You know, I care very much about your mother. I heard what happened with Zeal. I'm not going to just walk away like that," Webb promised.

"Look, it's not you I'm worried about," Karma cast a look in her mother's direction. She could hear her singing as she cleaned the dishes. She didn't know if her mother had the patience for an actual long-term relationship. She had never seen her in one. "And that's not the point. The point is, you've been appointed as a royal soldier or something, haven't you?"

"Head of the Royal Warriors," Webb confirmed. "Though that's on the down-low right now. I'm technically the only royal warrior, so there's not much going on with that right now."

"I was wondering-" Karma took a breath in. She couldn't believe she was asking him for help. "You see, my friends, their sons have gone missing. They're good kids, it's really unlike them. I was wondering if there was anything that you could do about that, to look for them or something? Make sure they aren't in trouble?"

"Ah yes, Queen Age told me about that," Webb nodded. "But thanks for bringing it to my attention again. I'll see what I can do, but really, right now there's not a whole lot to go off of. But I will keep an eye out and do what I can to bring them home."

"Thank you," Karma breathed a sigh of relief. She hadn't realized that she was so worried about the boys. She had thought she was worried for Bone and Pomona's sake, but it was more than that. She had grown to care for Cedric and Caroll like they were her nephews. Not that she knew what it was like to have nephews, though if things continued the way they were going between Cecily and Bahat, it might not be long until she did.

"Is that everything? Is there anything more I can help you with?" Webb asked, and Karma saw genuine concern in his eyes. Darn it, she was actually starting to like this guy!

"I think Violet's gone missing too," Karma nodded. "But other than that, I think that's everything."

"I'll let you know as soon as I have news," Webb promised.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53798928&skin=0&apparel=1706,1547,2978,2976&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=55301275&skin=0&apparel=27981,1865,2757&xt=dressing.png

Bahat and Cecily were enjoying a walk through the palace gardens. They weren't as well maintained as they had been under Nevaeh's care, but Cedric had begun to take an interest in gardening and had taken up his grandmother's shears. As a result, the gardens were beginning to take shape again. It made for a delightful evening stroll, one the couple took a lot, but today Bahat's heart just wasn't in it. The gardens just reminded him of Cedric, whom the whole palace had a growing concern for.

"You seem distracted," Cecily pointed out, as bluntly as she always did.

"I just can't stop worrying about my nephews," Bahat sighed. "It's not like them to disappear like this. I could see Bone running away on some adventure, maybe Dusk as well, but Cedric and Caroll? It just doesn't make sense. At least, not without saying anything about where they are going."

"It is a bit out of character, isn't it," Cecily frowned. Then a mischievous grin crossed her face.

"What's that face for? You know that face worries me," Bahat said.

"I have an idea," Cecily said, grin growing wider.

"I know, and that's what scares me!" Bahat said, only half joking.

"Come on!" Cecily said suddenly, and she took off, flying out of the palace and leaving Bahat to race behind her.

The mirror followed his girlfriend through the streets of the clan, twisting and turning at unexpected corners. It was difficult to keep up. Bahat thought he knew the city streets well, but apparently he did not.

"Where are we going?" Bahat panted, landing on the ground to run as he lost the stamina to fly. On his feet, he found he was able to keep pace much better, though it only served to make the turns more unexpected.

"You'll see," Cecily smirked. Gosh, he loved that smirk. Bahat couldn't help it. He cracked a grin as well.

Finally, they slowed to a halt in some back alley. They seemed to be behind the Siren's Call. One of the windows was open, and the smell of Seaberry's cooking wafted out, alongside the distant chatter of the dragons enjoying the tavern.

"Why didn't we just go in the front?" Bahat panted.

"Where's the fun in that?" Cecily shrugged. "Besides, how else are we going to get Lucian's attention?"

"Wait, Lucian?" Bahat was taken aback. "What does he know about the disappearances?"

"Lately Lucian's been getting involved with Jett and his gang," Cecily explained. "If there's anything fishy about these disappearances, he'll probably know."

Bahat suddenly felt sick to his stomach. Was that why Lucian hadn't been coming to their Bastions & Beastclans sessions lately? He had turned his back on his old friends in order to rebel against them? What had changed? Or had they all simply been not paying close enough attention?

The mirror watched as his girlfriend fluttered up to a back window and tapped on the glass. Moments later, the window was pushed open by a blue fae, and the pair fluttered down to meet Bahat.
scry?sdid=561070&skin=0&apparel=1397,1865,1550&xt=dressing.png

"What's this about?" Lucian asked, clearly irritated with his sister. "I thought I told you I didn't want anything to do with the royals anymore?"

"This is important Lucian," Cecily pleaded. "And come on, it's Bahat. He's a friend."

"He's still a royal," Lucian pointed out. "He may not be a problem, but just you wait. After Age dies, the throne will pass to one of her sons. What if it's Bone? You really think he'll have the attention span to run a kingdom? Then say he dies and it passes on to Coldstorm. Coldstorm almost killed a dragon because he was upset, you really want a dragon like that to be king? That's two generations. Two generations and you already have a monarch you need to be on your toes around. Age is naive if she thinks she can prevent corruption through the right laws and systems. They will only lock us in further down the line, when the wrong monarch gets the throne."

Bahat was trying hard not to get offended, especially if the fae held information about the missing dragons. Still, his remarks stung. Bone wouldn't be a bad king, and Coldstorm fought for justice. This was his family Lucian was insulting.

"We were wondering if you knew anything about the missing dragons, Lucian," Cecily cut in, as blunt with her brother as she was with Bahat. "This isn't about royal blood or non-royal blood. This is about actual living dragons who may or may not be in danger. We need to know everything you know."

"Oh yeah, I heard about the disappearances. They disappeared at around the same time Darkstar disappeared," Lucian mused. "Now, I'm too low down to get the inner workings of all of Thorburn's plans, but if Darkstar disappeared when they did-" The fae whistled. "I wouldn't be surprised if that's connected. Maybe she was sent to dismantle the royal line or anything."

"But that doesn't explain Violet!" Bahat cut in.

Lucian glared at him, but still responded. "Oh, Violet's been target number one for a long time. She's been getting in the way of our plans. If Violet's gone too, than its undeniable. They won't be coming back, once Darkstar's finished with them.

Bahat suddenly felt very faint.

"Woah, Bahat, are you okay?" Cecily asked, looking concerned. The mirror was too dizzy to respond. "Look what you did to him! Stop it with your jokes, now!"

"I'm just speaking the truth," Lucian shrugged. "Look, Ses, you've been making your bed with these royals for too long. They aren't going to get you anywhere. If your precious Bahat becomes king, you're not going to get any real power. Look at the laws. Join us, then you can reach your full potential, without someone telling you what you can and cannot do."

"Luce-" Cecily pleaded.

"Is this the life you really want?" Lucian asked. "Just think about it."

Bahat didn't hear Cecily's response. He had blacked out.

I told myself that once I got home, I would do my inktober drawing and go to bed. Have I done either of these things? No, I haven't. Is this just a filler chapter because I'm waiting for something important before I get too far with the others as they wander around the Sunbeam Ruins trying to find each other and their way back home? Yes, it is. Did I enjoy every second of it because I got to visit some characters I've been meaning to visit for a while? Also yes.

In other words, do I have any regrets? No, but I might tomorrow morning!
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 141 142