Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 141 142
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/3#post_39342869]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 2: Inconceivable![/u][/b] [item=Pine Logs][item=Black Linen Head Wrap] Sentence: Writing, Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Somebody's following us," Larkin commented, looking over her shoulder at the water behind her. "What do you mean? There's no boats, how could anyone be following us?" Topaz asked, straining over the tundra's shoulder in attempts to see behind her. All he could see was blue stretching on for miles. "No, someone's swimming," Larkin corrected. "Swimming? That's impossible!" Topaz exclaimed, "We haven't been near land for hours!" "Can't water dragons swim?" Larkin asked, and Topaz cursed. Water dragons. He had forgotten that. Beneath their tiny little boat was a whole world he would never explore. Not that he had ever had the urge to visit the water flight. "But what would a water dragon want with us?" Topaz asked. "I don't know, but they're big," Larkin commented. Topaz moved behind Larkin to peer out over the boat, squinting in the sunlight. Sure enough, Larkin had been correct. A hulking shape was steadily moving towards them, thick fur trailing behind him. Topaz cursed again, he recognized the figure pursuing them. It was that gaoler who had caught him on the cliffs of the Windswept Plateau. "Is everything alright?" Larkin asked, eyes sparking with concern. "Everything's fine," Topaz lied, not wanting to worry her, "Let's just keep rowing, maybe a little faster. We don't know what his intentions are." "He?" Larkin asked, "Do you know this dragon?" "No, let's just keep rowing," Topaz said quickly. The tundra knew better than to push. Already exhausted from their travels, the pair soon found that even with their best efforts, the gaoler was gaining on them. Eventually, it become too much for them both the bear, and had to stop and rest. There was no escaping the relentless pursuit of the great dragon. Topaz could only watch helplessly as he caught up with them. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Ah, thief, I have caught up with you!" The gaoler growled as he pulled himself onto the boat. There was only just enough room for his hulking form within, and his fur was dripping salty water, once again wetting the two dragons. Both of the smaller dragons had to cling to the side of the boat to prevent themselves from sliding out as it tilted to accommodate their large friend. Larkin held up the lantern to ensure the flame was not put out. "Thief? What do you mean thief? We haven't stolen anything!" Larkin's sharp tone cut through the air as she glared at the gaoler, clearly not happy about getting wet again. "Don't lie, I know what you did back at Windkeep Tower," The gaoler growled, "And I, Ulf, have vowed to not rest until I see you brought back to justice." "She doesn't know," Topaz said quietly. Ulf whipped his head around to face the coatl. Topaz winced. Why had he said that? He should have lied too! "Don't know what?" Larkin's trembling voice rose. Topaz didn't know how to respond, "What haven't you told me, Topaz?" Her voice was growing more desperate and frightened. "Interesting, you really haven't told her," The gaoler's strange eyes sparked with interest. "It's not important," Topaz said quickly. "Really? Not important?" Ulf's eyes gleamed, "You were just going to fail to mention you had stolen an egg? What were you going to do when it hatched? Pretend you found the poor creature wandering alone?" "An egg? Topaz, what is he talking about?" Larkin asked, eyes suddenly very frightened. "Tell me it isn't true!" Topaz sighed. This was exactly what he had feared would happen. The fear and betrayal in her eyes cut deeper than any knife could. It pained him to do what he did next, but he pulled out his leather bag and slid out the egg. Larkin flinched as she saw its green form emerge, and she looked away, as though unable to bear the sight of it. "Give the egg to me, I will return it to its parents," Ulf growled, holding out a paw. "Oh, and how are you going to do that? Are you going to swim back?" Topaz challenged, pulling the egg away from the gaoler's grasp. "The egg needs to be returned," Ulf growled, standing so he could use his height to tower over the coatl. The boat rocked violently as he moved, and Larkin cowered at the bottom, still not looking at Topaz. "You can't!' Topaz said, looking away from Larkin and trying to ignore the way his emotions were running wild. "It's not yours! What do you expect to do with it?" Ulf spat. "It got cracked," Topaz admitted, "When we were caught in a storm. If this egg is going to survive, it needs to be handled very carefully. The hatchling inside is already at risk as it is." At the sight of the crack, Ulf backed down. He crouched back down, stabilizing the boat once more. "Very well, but once the egg hatches, I'm taking the child home," Ulf vowed, glaring at Topaz. Larkin crept forwards, still not meeting Topaz's gaze. She only had eyes for the egg. Gently, she scooped it into her arms and curled herself around it. "The egg needs to be incubated, I'll keep it safe," She murmured, still not meeting Topaz's gaze. Topaz nodded, feeling numb, as he watched her coddle the egg. He had to stop his heart from wanting to leap out of his chest. His emotions were certainly high. He was very glad they didn't have a skydancer among their number. He looked away, unable to bear it any longer, and turned to Ulf. "Well, if you're going to join us, maybe put those muscles of yours to use and help us paddle!" Topaz hissed at the gaoler. Ulf rolled his eyes, but moved to take up the oars. To Topaz's satisfaction, they were moving much faster now, despite the extra weight. They would be reaching the Tangled Woods in no time. That's what he had to focus on, the journey ahead. Larkin would come around sooner or later, he reminded himself, it was one of the pluses to having such a terrible memory. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/4#post_39377188]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse[/center] ----- So, the starting trio is all together now! I don't know how many of you have read my additional/adjusted rules at the bottom of the rules section (if you haven't, I'd suggest reading it so you know what's going on in this Pinkerlocke), but this is what it has to say on why I have an extra pull today and what I can do with it: [quote][*]CleverDual will be keeping track of her familiar and apparel pulls and I have the option to use them if I so desire. [*]If I get an apparel pull that I cannot use from breeding or scrolling, I may use it to hatch an unhatched egg from my vault or adopting a dragon from a reader's nest/lair.[/quote] I will be forwarding this apparel pull to when I make the switch to Shadow on Saturday, so that I can use one of my new nests without worrying about delaying my move.

Day 2: Inconceivable!
Pine Logs Black Linen Head Wrap
Sentence: Writing, Breed/Scroll a Dragon

dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png

"Somebody's following us," Larkin commented, looking over her shoulder at the water behind her.

"What do you mean? There's no boats, how could anyone be following us?" Topaz asked, straining over the tundra's shoulder in attempts to see behind her. All he could see was blue stretching on for miles.

"No, someone's swimming," Larkin corrected.

"Swimming? That's impossible!" Topaz exclaimed, "We haven't been near land for hours!"

"Can't water dragons swim?" Larkin asked, and Topaz cursed. Water dragons. He had forgotten that. Beneath their tiny little boat was a whole world he would never explore. Not that he had ever had the urge to visit the water flight.

"But what would a water dragon want with us?" Topaz asked.

"I don't know, but they're big," Larkin commented. Topaz moved behind Larkin to peer out over the boat, squinting in the sunlight.

Sure enough, Larkin had been correct. A hulking shape was steadily moving towards them, thick fur trailing behind him. Topaz cursed again, he recognized the figure pursuing them. It was that gaoler who had caught him on the cliffs of the Windswept Plateau.

"Is everything alright?" Larkin asked, eyes sparking with concern.

"Everything's fine," Topaz lied, not wanting to worry her, "Let's just keep rowing, maybe a little faster. We don't know what his intentions are."

"He?" Larkin asked, "Do you know this dragon?"

"No, let's just keep rowing," Topaz said quickly. The tundra knew better than to push.

Already exhausted from their travels, the pair soon found that even with their best efforts, the gaoler was gaining on them. Eventually, it become too much for them both the bear, and had to stop and rest. There was no escaping the relentless pursuit of the great dragon. Topaz could only watch helplessly as he caught up with them.

"Ah, thief, I have caught up with you!" The gaoler growled as he pulled himself onto the boat. There was only just enough room for his hulking form within, and his fur was dripping salty water, once again wetting the two dragons. Both of the smaller dragons had to cling to the side of the boat to prevent themselves from sliding out as it tilted to accommodate their large friend. Larkin held up the lantern to ensure the flame was not put out.

"Thief? What do you mean thief? We haven't stolen anything!" Larkin's sharp tone cut through the air as she glared at the gaoler, clearly not happy about getting wet again.

"Don't lie, I know what you did back at Windkeep Tower," The gaoler growled, "And I, Ulf, have vowed to not rest until I see you brought back to justice."

"She doesn't know," Topaz said quietly. Ulf whipped his head around to face the coatl. Topaz winced. Why had he said that? He should have lied too!

"Don't know what?" Larkin's trembling voice rose. Topaz didn't know how to respond, "What haven't you told me, Topaz?" Her voice was growing more desperate and frightened.

"Interesting, you really haven't told her," The gaoler's strange eyes sparked with interest.

"It's not important," Topaz said quickly.

"Really? Not important?" Ulf's eyes gleamed, "You were just going to fail to mention you had stolen an egg? What were you going to do when it hatched? Pretend you found the poor creature wandering alone?"

"An egg? Topaz, what is he talking about?" Larkin asked, eyes suddenly very frightened. "Tell me it isn't true!"

Topaz sighed. This was exactly what he had feared would happen. The fear and betrayal in her eyes cut deeper than any knife could. It pained him to do what he did next, but he pulled out his leather bag and slid out the egg. Larkin flinched as she saw its green form emerge, and she looked away, as though unable to bear the sight of it.

"Give the egg to me, I will return it to its parents," Ulf growled, holding out a paw.

"Oh, and how are you going to do that? Are you going to swim back?" Topaz challenged, pulling the egg away from the gaoler's grasp.

"The egg needs to be returned," Ulf growled, standing so he could use his height to tower over the coatl. The boat rocked violently as he moved, and Larkin cowered at the bottom, still not looking at Topaz.

"You can't!' Topaz said, looking away from Larkin and trying to ignore the way his emotions were running wild.

"It's not yours! What do you expect to do with it?" Ulf spat.

"It got cracked," Topaz admitted, "When we were caught in a storm. If this egg is going to survive, it needs to be handled very carefully. The hatchling inside is already at risk as it is."

At the sight of the crack, Ulf backed down. He crouched back down, stabilizing the boat once more.

"Very well, but once the egg hatches, I'm taking the child home," Ulf vowed, glaring at Topaz.

Larkin crept forwards, still not meeting Topaz's gaze. She only had eyes for the egg. Gently, she scooped it into her arms and curled herself around it.

"The egg needs to be incubated, I'll keep it safe," She murmured, still not meeting Topaz's gaze. Topaz nodded, feeling numb, as he watched her coddle the egg. He had to stop his heart from wanting to leap out of his chest. His emotions were certainly high. He was very glad they didn't have a skydancer among their number. He looked away, unable to bear it any longer, and turned to Ulf.

"Well, if you're going to join us, maybe put those muscles of yours to use and help us paddle!" Topaz hissed at the gaoler. Ulf rolled his eyes, but moved to take up the oars. To Topaz's satisfaction, they were moving much faster now, despite the extra weight. They would be reaching the Tangled Woods in no time. That's what he had to focus on, the journey ahead. Larkin would come around sooner or later, he reminded himself, it was one of the pluses to having such a terrible memory.

So, the starting trio is all together now!

I don't know how many of you have read my additional/adjusted rules at the bottom of the rules section (if you haven't, I'd suggest reading it so you know what's going on in this Pinkerlocke), but this is what it has to say on why I have an extra pull today and what I can do with it:
Quote:
[*]CleverDual will be keeping track of her familiar and apparel pulls and I have the option to use them if I so desire.
[*]If I get an apparel pull that I cannot use from breeding or scrolling, I may use it to hatch an unhatched egg from my vault or adopting a dragon from a reader's nest/lair.

I will be forwarding this apparel pull to when I make the switch to Shadow on Saturday, so that I can use one of my new nests without worrying about delaying my move.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I think you did a good job bringing everybody together! I was wondering how you'd pull the "breed/scroll a dragon" condition, and it fit so neatly with the rest of the story. I'm really curious about Ulf now. He, erm, seems to have a one-track mind. xD
@Petall I think you did a good job bringing everybody together! I was wondering how you'd pull the "breed/scroll a dragon" condition, and it fit so neatly with the rest of the story. I'm really curious about Ulf now. He, erm, seems to have a one-track mind. xD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@petall
pinglist please! <3
@petall
pinglist please! <3
895587_QQ7.pngEvGHIgA.png
x4sSJsw.png
@Disillusionist

Thank you! It was fun to finally bring everyone together, at least in a physical sense! It's going to take them some time to pull them together as a solid group.

@Stitched

Awesome! Adding you right away!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! It was fun to finally bring everyone together, at least in a physical sense! It's going to take them some time to pull them together as a solid group.

@Stitched

Awesome! Adding you right away!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
topaz has done a naughty

i look forward to seeing what happens next, though :0
i love these characters already, especially ulf oh no
topaz has done a naughty

i look forward to seeing what happens next, though :0
i love these characters already, especially ulf oh no
Could I be added to your pinglist as well? I might try this once I'm done with the long drop and coliseum scavenger hunt.
Could I be added to your pinglist as well? I might try this once I'm done with the long drop and coliseum scavenger hunt.
DvGGTFg.png
@Dynami

He sure has!!!

Loving characters sure is dangerous in a Pinkerlocke, but does it stop me? No.

@Willnotgogently

For Sure! I'll add you right away!!!
@Dynami

He sure has!!!

Loving characters sure is dangerous in a Pinkerlocke, but does it stop me? No.

@Willnotgogently

For Sure! I'll add you right away!!!
So a curious thing. I was bumping around looking for something to read and remembered you were doing a Pinkerlocke/had done previous Pinkerlockes. Went to look up your previous 'lockes and realized; I recognize that blue, masked Skydancer guy. Start reading the posts and yeah, I know that Snapper, and that Bogsneak, and that Mirror too. Finally hit me that I'd read two of your 'lockes already! Can't remember how long ago, but I ended up rereading The Paths We Wander (I couldn't remember how it ended and I had to know, lol).

Anyway, I'd like to be added to the pinglist, please! Curious to see where this goes~.
So a curious thing. I was bumping around looking for something to read and remembered you were doing a Pinkerlocke/had done previous Pinkerlockes. Went to look up your previous 'lockes and realized; I recognize that blue, masked Skydancer guy. Start reading the posts and yeah, I know that Snapper, and that Bogsneak, and that Mirror too. Finally hit me that I'd read two of your 'lockes already! Can't remember how long ago, but I ended up rereading The Paths We Wander (I couldn't remember how it ended and I had to know, lol).

Anyway, I'd like to be added to the pinglist, please! Curious to see where this goes~.
@Sabariel

Oh my goodness, that's the best thing I've heard all day!!! Welcome back!!! I hadn't realized you had been on the pinglist for my past pinkerlockes, funny how things work out! I'll add you right away!
@Sabariel

Oh my goodness, that's the best thing I've heard all day!!! Welcome back!!! I hadn't realized you had been on the pinglist for my past pinkerlockes, funny how things work out! I'll add you right away!
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/4#post_39359179]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 3: Led Through the Mist[/u][/b] [item=large stone collar] Sentence: Art[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] The trio of dragon had been traveling through the Tangled Wood for a few days now and tensions were at an all time high. Topaz was growing frustrated with the knowledge that the map of the ruins he had snagged only detailed the clan itself, and not directions to the clan itself. He also knew such directions would be useless as the clan had a tendency to move around the Tangled Wood on its own accord. He was directionless, and all he could do was wander the woods pretending he had a clue what he was doing. Larkin still wasn't speaking to him. The tundra hadn't even let him touch the egg again, and that loss of her trust hurt more than he could say. It was only aggravated by Ulf's constant growls and glares. He clearly wasn't going to let the coatl or the egg out of his sight until he had completed his quest. To Topaz, it felt more like he was dragging the two other dragons on their journey rather than traveling together. But it was too late to turn back now; he had made it so far already and now that he was in the Tangled Wood, he could feel his blood calling out to the clan his grandparents had ruled. The throne was sitting empty in the ruins of the palace, and if his mother didn't have the ambition to accept her birthright, he was going to find another way to claim it and become the powerful king he was always destined to be. All he had to do was find the dang place. As night began to fall yet again, Topaz realized they weren't going to be getting any farther and moved to set up camp. Larkin sighed with relief as she settled around the fire Ulf was building. She looked up warmly at the gaoler and Topaz felt a jolt on envy. Topaz was about to make some sort of retort when he heard a pair of voices. "We were supposed to go left at that last turn!" One of the voices said. "I'm telling you, I know where we are going! Right is the right way to go! Why else would they call it right?" A pair of identical bogsneaks appeared through the fog, immediately stopping their argument when they saw the camping dragons. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52205663] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=20&breed=14&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=121&auth=09f6dc6d5e5f41fd92b8fea96de4b65e0bc43db9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52205664] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=20&breed=14&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=87&tertgene=18&winggene=20&wings=121&auth=09f6dc6d5e5f41fd92b8fea96de4b65e0bc43db9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Oh. Maybe we should have gone left," The second bogsneak admitted. "I told you!" The first hissed. "Brother, where are your manners? We haven't introduced ourselves. They're staring at us," The second said, hitting the first on the back. "Right! I'm Thing One and this is Thing Two. Do you mind if we share your camp with you tonight? My brother seems to have lost his mind a bit," Thing One said, glaring at Thing Two. Topaz was about to refuse, he certainly didn't need more annoying dragons around, but Larkin beat him to it. "Of course you can join us! We have plenty of room!" Larkin said, moving over to make room for the twins by the fire. She glared at Topaz as she shifted, as if she knew he was going to refuse. The coatl rolled his eyes, and moved to continue building the shelter for the night. He was hardly listening as friendly conversation broke out, until he heard the brothers mention something that captured his attention. "Of course, most shadow dragons think its nothing but a myth, something to scare hatchlings to stop them from wandering too far and keep them obedient," Thing Two was saying, "But rumor has it the ruins of the Clan of Resting Wings can only be found by dragons guilty of terrible crimes. You don't come to it, it comes to you." "Legend has it that the curse that resides on the ruins was cast as a spell to save the innocent, but something went terribly wrong and it's festered into a deadly curse that seeks to rid the world of evil. Only, it doesn't know what evil truly is." Thing One jumped in, eager to continue the ghost story he had heard. "If you're truly seeking the ruins, you should turn back now. Everyone who has gone looking for the ruins has never returned to see the light of day again." Thing Two warned. Topaz sighed as he put the finishing touches on the shelter. He too had heard the legends. He had read through every book he could on the subject in the Windkeep Tower library before he left. He had hoped stealing the egg would have been enough of a crime to grant him entry, but maybe it wasn't big enough. Or maybe it was because Larkin and Ulf hadn't done enough to be granted entry. Perhaps he really had to travel alone if he wanted to find what he sought. He needed some fresh air, some time to think. Without telling the others where he was going, he left to go for a walk. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/6#post_39395195]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel [/center] ----- Here is the drawing for today's art pull! I was originally going to be making moodboards for my art pull, but Topaz already has one and I haven't established Larkin and Ulf enough to make them moodboards yet, so I drew this: [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/64275f5f1ec461ea0645687cdf25086c/tumblr_pt3o9fisO11vcowwco1_540.png[/img][/center] Also, I was going to do this yesterday but I was so excited about the apparel pull that I forgot: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2700328]CleverDual, my friend who owned the Clan of Resting Wings, has started a new lore story! It's going to be great, so I'd suggest popping over and reading it![/url] Also, Thing One and Thing Two are traveling dragons I incorporated into this chapter! I'm planning on using traveling dragons for 'NPCs' in the story!

Day 3: Led Through the Mist
Large Stone Collar
Sentence: Art

The trio of dragon had been traveling through the Tangled Wood for a few days now and tensions were at an all time high. Topaz was growing frustrated with the knowledge that the map of the ruins he had snagged only detailed the clan itself, and not directions to the clan itself. He also knew such directions would be useless as the clan had a tendency to move around the Tangled Wood on its own accord. He was directionless, and all he could do was wander the woods pretending he had a clue what he was doing.

Larkin still wasn't speaking to him. The tundra hadn't even let him touch the egg again, and that loss of her trust hurt more than he could say. It was only aggravated by Ulf's constant growls and glares. He clearly wasn't going to let the coatl or the egg out of his sight until he had completed his quest. To Topaz, it felt more like he was dragging the two other dragons on their journey rather than traveling together. But it was too late to turn back now; he had made it so far already and now that he was in the Tangled Wood, he could feel his blood calling out to the clan his grandparents had ruled. The throne was sitting empty in the ruins of the palace, and if his mother didn't have the ambition to accept her birthright, he was going to find another way to claim it and become the powerful king he was always destined to be.

All he had to do was find the dang place.

As night began to fall yet again, Topaz realized they weren't going to be getting any farther and moved to set up camp. Larkin sighed with relief as she settled around the fire Ulf was building. She looked up warmly at the gaoler and Topaz felt a jolt on envy. Topaz was about to make some sort of retort when he heard a pair of voices.

"We were supposed to go left at that last turn!" One of the voices said.

"I'm telling you, I know where we are going! Right is the right way to go! Why else would they call it right?"

A pair of identical bogsneaks appeared through the fog, immediately stopping their argument when they saw the camping dragons.

"Oh. Maybe we should have gone left," The second bogsneak admitted.

"I told you!" The first hissed.

"Brother, where are your manners? We haven't introduced ourselves. They're staring at us," The second said, hitting the first on the back.

"Right! I'm Thing One and this is Thing Two. Do you mind if we share your camp with you tonight? My brother seems to have lost his mind a bit," Thing One said, glaring at Thing Two.

Topaz was about to refuse, he certainly didn't need more annoying dragons around, but Larkin beat him to it.

"Of course you can join us! We have plenty of room!" Larkin said, moving over to make room for the twins by the fire. She glared at Topaz as she shifted, as if she knew he was going to refuse. The coatl rolled his eyes, and moved to continue building the shelter for the night.

He was hardly listening as friendly conversation broke out, until he heard the brothers mention something that captured his attention.

"Of course, most shadow dragons think its nothing but a myth, something to scare hatchlings to stop them from wandering too far and keep them obedient," Thing Two was saying, "But rumor has it the ruins of the Clan of Resting Wings can only be found by dragons guilty of terrible crimes. You don't come to it, it comes to you."

"Legend has it that the curse that resides on the ruins was cast as a spell to save the innocent, but something went terribly wrong and it's festered into a deadly curse that seeks to rid the world of evil. Only, it doesn't know what evil truly is." Thing One jumped in, eager to continue the ghost story he had heard.

"If you're truly seeking the ruins, you should turn back now. Everyone who has gone looking for the ruins has never returned to see the light of day again." Thing Two warned.

Topaz sighed as he put the finishing touches on the shelter. He too had heard the legends. He had read through every book he could on the subject in the Windkeep Tower library before he left. He had hoped stealing the egg would have been enough of a crime to grant him entry, but maybe it wasn't big enough. Or maybe it was because Larkin and Ulf hadn't done enough to be granted entry. Perhaps he really had to travel alone if he wanted to find what he sought.

He needed some fresh air, some time to think. Without telling the others where he was going, he left to go for a walk.

Here is the drawing for today's art pull! I was originally going to be making moodboards for my art pull, but Topaz already has one and I haven't established Larkin and Ulf enough to make them moodboards yet, so I drew this:
tumblr_pt3o9fisO11vcowwco1_540.png

Also, I was going to do this yesterday but I was so excited about the apparel pull that I forgot: CleverDual, my friend who owned the Clan of Resting Wings, has started a new lore story! It's going to be great, so I'd suggest popping over and reading it!

Also, Thing One and Thing Two are traveling dragons I incorporated into this chapter! I'm planning on using traveling dragons for 'NPCs' in the story!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 141 142