Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 141 142
@Tirtouga678

I hope so too!!! I've made the grave mistake of already being very attached to all three of them.

@FallenEclipse

They sure are!!! I'll put you on right away!
@Tirtouga678

I hope so too!!! I've made the grave mistake of already being very attached to all three of them.

@FallenEclipse

They sure are!!! I'll put you on right away!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/1#post_39333557]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 1: Stormy Waters[/u][/b] [item=Ambush] Sentence: Death Streak Roll[/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51536637] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51536637&skin=0&apparel=23081,12897,12904,10724&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51366343] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366343&skin=0&apparel=18782,2125,29290&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] The sun rose above the horizon, painting the sky and the water in harmonious colour. The small rowboat slowly drifted across the Sea of a Thousand Currents as its inhabitants fought to keep from falling asleep. "Ouch!" Larkin complained as she was jolted awake by a sharp nudge from Topaz. "Stay awake! We need to cover as much ground as we can today!" The coatl responded, turning to look out towards the horizon. The Tangled Wood was still a long way off. It was going to take a while to sail there, especially considering the speed of their ship. "I still don't understand why we had to leave so late at night. Travelers take light from the beacon all the time, its not a secret!" Larkin pointed out. "I had some other business to attend to that was best done under the cover of night," Topaz said cryptically, looking away and then glancing at the bulging leather bag by his side. He had been glancing at it all night, he could hardly believe he had actually done what he had. Yet here it sat, proof of his deeds. With any luck, it would get him into the ruins of his mothers birth clan. The pair sailed well into the morning before they could no longer keep their eyes open. Gradually, as the sun above beat warmer and warmer on their scales, they drifted off, unable to keep themselves awake. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] It was Topaz who awoke first as a large wave broke over their small boat, drenching him to the bone. He leaped to his feet, looked around, and swore. While the two were sleeping, they had been blown off course, towards the territory of the lightning flight. A storm has brewed, and they were in danger of flipping. "Whatsgoingon!" Larkin shouted as she too was rudely awoken. Her fur was plastered to her skin, making her look like some sort of drowned rat. "Relax, we'll be fine," Topaz soothed his companion, but he had his doubts. With nothing to guide them but oars, it would be difficult to navigate the storm and bring themselves to safety. He refused to let his anxiety show. As the two travelers were tossed in the storm, they clung to the side of the boat for dear life, neither sure if they were going to make it. In her other hand, Larkin clung to the lantern, which was miraculously still flickering dimly despite the waves. Topaz clung to his leather bag, knowing its contents were far too precious and fragile to risk facing the storm without protection. Suddenly, a massive wave tossed them up, and Topaz was sure this was going to be it, but instead the wave carried them on its crest and sent them flying along its journey. The wave crashed against the ground and as it rescinded, the two dragons found themselves stranded on the tsunami flats. Shaking slightly, Topaz stepped out of the boat to inspect the damage. While the boat was badly damaged, it hadn't retained any cracks or holes. It looked as though it would be good to sail again as soon as they were ready to take off. Of course, they would have to carry it quite a ways to get it on the water again. Satisfied that they were safe, he turned to Larkin. The tundra was shaking violently and was cowering over the lantern. "Hey, it's okay! We're okay!" Topaz called in reassurance. Larkin didn't respond, so he climbed back into the boat and curled himself around her, humming in his native language to calm her. Eventually, her breathing slowed and her shaking stopped. "I'm sorry, I don't know what got to me, I promise I'll be a stronger traveling companion from here on out," Larkin apologized as she got to her feet and shook out her sopping wet fur. The splatters hit Topaz and he winced. He got up from his position curled on the wet wooden floor and stepped aside, looking again at Larkin. Perhaps it had been a mistake to bring her along, but she had sounded so excited when he was bragging about his upcoming adventures in the tavern. He still had no idea how he was going to get her in the city when they arrived. From what we had heard, she was too good for this. But what's done is done. Larkin was a part of things now, and he would cross that bridge when he got to it. For now, all that mattered was continuing on their journey. He was not going to let anything get in the way of his birthright. Just as he was about to suggest this to Larkin, his stomach growled. Perhaps they should take a break to eat first. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] The sun was setting again by the time Topaz and Larkin had set sailing again. Topaz had offered to keep watch and row while his companion slept. She hadn't said anything more, but she was clearly shaken by the events of the day. Some rest would do her some good. Topaz watched as she drifted off to sleep, finding the rhythmic rise and fall of her body to be soothing. He couldn't help but crack a smile. As he stared out at the darkening horizon, he knew he was in for a long night. He hoped the rest of their journey would be less eventful but deep down, he knew that was impossible. Especially considering their destination. He glanced over again at Larkin. Satisfied that she was asleep, he opened the leather bag and pulled out the contents. A round wind egg slid out into his hands, stolen from the nesting grounds of the tower. He could feel the life thrum and pulse within as he held it, and the thought filled him with an excitement he had never felt before. In his hands, he held another life, a life that would grow up in his kingdom, born of a deed that would grant him entrance. He knew he couldn't keep this from Larkin forever, but he was hesitant to tell her. He knew that once she knew, there would be no going back. She wouldn't understand why he had done it, and he couldn't, or else she'd likely turn back and abandon him. He couldn't take that risk. Once he was satisfied that the egg was doing alright, he slipped it back into the bag. It was only then that he noticed a faint crack in the side. It hadn't escaped unscathed after all. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52380401] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=0&breed=17&element=10&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=114&auth=968586440067b88f06ba28aedc835e6bb6be8006&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ulf pulled himself onto the tsunami flats, breathing heavily. He had almost drowned in the storm. He was thankful for the athletic prowess he possessed that gave him the strength to pull through and keep swimming. His muscles ached, begging him to rest, but his task was not yet done. He could not rest yet. He sniffed the ground. To his satisfaction, the thieving pair's scent lingered. They had been here recently. He turned his head to the see, and he could make out a small boat in the distance, the glow of the tundra lighting it up in the darkening night. Taking a moment to gulp down a few fish, Ulf prepared to resume his journey. he could not let the coatl get away with this. ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/4#post_39359179]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Midwinter @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @FallenEclipse [/center] ----- PINKERTON! WHEN I WANTED AN EXCITING DAY I DIDN'T MEAN THIS!!! Thankfully I flipped tails, no death streak. Everyone is safe. Also, for explanation for the egg, I know I haven't had any pull that allow me to have it, but I've decided to have 4 starters instead of 3 and I was too excited to start this pinkerlocke to wait for the egg to hatch before starting so its here as an egg! It's hatching on Saturday and I could not be more excited, it's the last nest in the alphabet legacy challenge I've been working on for almost the full 3 years I've been on Flight Rising, so this dragon will be very important to me!

Day 1: Stormy Waters
Ambush
Sentence: Death Streak Roll

The sun rose above the horizon, painting the sky and the water in harmonious colour. The small rowboat slowly drifted across the Sea of a Thousand Currents as its inhabitants fought to keep from falling asleep.

"Ouch!" Larkin complained as she was jolted awake by a sharp nudge from Topaz.

"Stay awake! We need to cover as much ground as we can today!" The coatl responded, turning to look out towards the horizon. The Tangled Wood was still a long way off. It was going to take a while to sail there, especially considering the speed of their ship.

"I still don't understand why we had to leave so late at night. Travelers take light from the beacon all the time, its not a secret!" Larkin pointed out.

"I had some other business to attend to that was best done under the cover of night," Topaz said cryptically, looking away and then glancing at the bulging leather bag by his side. He had been glancing at it all night, he could hardly believe he had actually done what he had. Yet here it sat, proof of his deeds. With any luck, it would get him into the ruins of his mothers birth clan.

The pair sailed well into the morning before they could no longer keep their eyes open. Gradually, as the sun above beat warmer and warmer on their scales, they drifted off, unable to keep themselves awake.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

It was Topaz who awoke first as a large wave broke over their small boat, drenching him to the bone. He leaped to his feet, looked around, and swore. While the two were sleeping, they had been blown off course, towards the territory of the lightning flight. A storm has brewed, and they were in danger of flipping.

"Whatsgoingon!" Larkin shouted as she too was rudely awoken. Her fur was plastered to her skin, making her look like some sort of drowned rat.

"Relax, we'll be fine," Topaz soothed his companion, but he had his doubts. With nothing to guide them but oars, it would be difficult to navigate the storm and bring themselves to safety. He refused to let his anxiety show.

As the two travelers were tossed in the storm, they clung to the side of the boat for dear life, neither sure if they were going to make it. In her other hand, Larkin clung to the lantern, which was miraculously still flickering dimly despite the waves. Topaz clung to his leather bag, knowing its contents were far too precious and fragile to risk facing the storm without protection.

Suddenly, a massive wave tossed them up, and Topaz was sure this was going to be it, but instead the wave carried them on its crest and sent them flying along its journey. The wave crashed against the ground and as it rescinded, the two dragons found themselves stranded on the tsunami flats. Shaking slightly, Topaz stepped out of the boat to inspect the damage.

While the boat was badly damaged, it hadn't retained any cracks or holes. It looked as though it would be good to sail again as soon as they were ready to take off. Of course, they would have to carry it quite a ways to get it on the water again. Satisfied that they were safe, he turned to Larkin. The tundra was shaking violently and was cowering over the lantern.

"Hey, it's okay! We're okay!" Topaz called in reassurance. Larkin didn't respond, so he climbed back into the boat and curled himself around her, humming in his native language to calm her. Eventually, her breathing slowed and her shaking stopped.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what got to me, I promise I'll be a stronger traveling companion from here on out," Larkin apologized as she got to her feet and shook out her sopping wet fur. The splatters hit Topaz and he winced. He got up from his position curled on the wet wooden floor and stepped aside, looking again at Larkin. Perhaps it had been a mistake to bring her along, but she had sounded so excited when he was bragging about his upcoming adventures in the tavern. He still had no idea how he was going to get her in the city when they arrived.

From what we had heard, she was too good for this.

But what's done is done. Larkin was a part of things now, and he would cross that bridge when he got to it. For now, all that mattered was continuing on their journey. He was not going to let anything get in the way of his birthright.

Just as he was about to suggest this to Larkin, his stomach growled. Perhaps they should take a break to eat first.

The sun was setting again by the time Topaz and Larkin had set sailing again. Topaz had offered to keep watch and row while his companion slept. She hadn't said anything more, but she was clearly shaken by the events of the day. Some rest would do her some good.

Topaz watched as she drifted off to sleep, finding the rhythmic rise and fall of her body to be soothing. He couldn't help but crack a smile.

As he stared out at the darkening horizon, he knew he was in for a long night. He hoped the rest of their journey would be less eventful but deep down, he knew that was impossible. Especially considering their destination.

He glanced over again at Larkin. Satisfied that she was asleep, he opened the leather bag and pulled out the contents. A round wind egg slid out into his hands, stolen from the nesting grounds of the tower. He could feel the life thrum and pulse within as he held it, and the thought filled him with an excitement he had never felt before. In his hands, he held another life, a life that would grow up in his kingdom, born of a deed that would grant him entrance.

He knew he couldn't keep this from Larkin forever, but he was hesitant to tell her. He knew that once she knew, there would be no going back. She wouldn't understand why he had done it, and he couldn't, or else she'd likely turn back and abandon him. He couldn't take that risk.

Once he was satisfied that the egg was doing alright, he slipped it back into the bag. It was only then that he noticed a faint crack in the side. It hadn't escaped unscathed after all.

Ulf pulled himself onto the tsunami flats, breathing heavily. He had almost drowned in the storm. He was thankful for the athletic prowess he possessed that gave him the strength to pull through and keep swimming. His muscles ached, begging him to rest, but his task was not yet done. He could not rest yet.

He sniffed the ground. To his satisfaction, the thieving pair's scent lingered. They had been here recently. He turned his head to the see, and he could make out a small boat in the distance, the glow of the tundra lighting it up in the darkening night.

Taking a moment to gulp down a few fish, Ulf prepared to resume his journey. he could not let the coatl get away with this.

PINKERTON! WHEN I WANTED AN EXCITING DAY I DIDN'T MEAN THIS!!! Thankfully I flipped tails, no death streak. Everyone is safe.

Also, for explanation for the egg, I know I haven't had any pull that allow me to have it, but I've decided to have 4 starters instead of 3 and I was too excited to start this pinkerlocke to wait for the egg to hatch before starting so its here as an egg! It's hatching on Saturday and I could not be more excited, it's the last nest in the alphabet legacy challenge I've been working on for almost the full 3 years I've been on Flight Rising, so this dragon will be very important to me!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
oh man i want that ambush

Thank g o d there wasn't a death streak, I'm not ready to see one of them die!
oh man i want that ambush

Thank g o d there wasn't a death streak, I'm not ready to see one of them die!
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@FallenEclipse

I mean on its own its a pretty good pull, but in a Pinkerlocke? The worst.

I'm so glad too! I fully expect at least one of them to die sooner or later, but I'm not ready for it now!!! Not when we're just getting started!
@FallenEclipse

I mean on its own its a pretty good pull, but in a Pinkerlocke? The worst.

I'm so glad too! I fully expect at least one of them to die sooner or later, but I'm not ready for it now!!! Not when we're just getting started!
oh no
when i did a pinkerlocke my heart died every time i got a battle stone drop

at least they get to live another day :')
oh no
when i did a pinkerlocke my heart died every time i got a battle stone drop

at least they get to live another day :')
@Dynami

It's been so long since I last did a pinkerlocke, I had forgotten the fear of battlestone drops... I'm so glad they are all alive for now.
@Dynami

It's been so long since I last did a pinkerlocke, I had forgotten the fear of battlestone drops... I'm so glad they are all alive for now.
@Petall this was so good!!!! I’m soooooooooooo excited for them to get to the clan!!!!!!
@Petall this was so good!!!! I’m soooooooooooo excited for them to get to the clan!!!!!!
@CleverDual

THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!! I'm so excited too!!!
@CleverDual

THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!! I'm so excited too!!!
@Petall When I saw the title "Death Streak", I was all "Aww, c'mon, man? So soon?!!" Thank goodness none of them died! It was pretty touch-and-go there for a while, though. It's interesting to see events from Topaz' POV for now. Seems like he's mellowed a bit since the Windkeep Tower rebellion, and the way he regards Larkin ("She was too good for this") is really intriguing, too. I hope we can learn more about her soon! Also the egg. THE EEEEEGG [emoji=eternal youth size=1] [emoji=coatl scared size=1]
@Petall When I saw the title "Death Streak", I was all "Aww, c'mon, man? So soon?!!" Thank goodness none of them died! It was pretty touch-and-go there for a while, though.

It's interesting to see events from Topaz' POV for now. Seems like he's mellowed a bit since the Windkeep Tower rebellion, and the way he regards Larkin ("She was too good for this") is really intriguing, too. I hope we can learn more about her soon!

Also the egg. THE EEEEEGG
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist That was my exact thought when I got the pull, I wanted to strangle Pinkerton. One of the things I'm trying to do with Topaz is trying my hardest not to make him exactly like Banella, because for a little while he was definitely heading that way. I had to really have a good think about his motivations and goals. And having a soft spot for Larkin certainly helps... [emoji=eternal youth size=1]
@Disillusionist

That was my exact thought when I got the pull, I wanted to strangle Pinkerton.

One of the things I'm trying to do with Topaz is trying my hardest not to make him exactly like Banella, because for a little while he was definitely heading that way. I had to really have a good think about his motivations and goals. And having a soft spot for Larkin certainly helps...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 141 142