Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] - All That Was Lost
1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 141 142
@Tirtouga678

I hope I did such a big moment justice, I knew their showdown was going to be a big moment, regardless.

IT'S SUCH A GOOD SONG OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'M GLAD THAT YOU LIKE IT TOO!!!

@Disillusionist

Oooo, that would be a great moment too!

I love those too so much, if I'm being honest. I don't know what their future holds, but as long as the story allows it, I do want them to be friends at the very least.

Thank you! I put a lot of work into that part!
@Tirtouga678

I hope I did such a big moment justice, I knew their showdown was going to be a big moment, regardless.

IT'S SUCH A GOOD SONG OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'M GLAD THAT YOU LIKE IT TOO!!!

@Disillusionist

Oooo, that would be a great moment too!

I love those too so much, if I'm being honest. I don't know what their future holds, but as long as the story allows it, I do want them to be friends at the very least.

Thank you! I put a lot of work into that part!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
Aw man, this is so interesting! I love Bahat and Ses ^w^
@Petall
Aw man, this is so interesting! I love Bahat and Ses ^w^
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm

Thank you! I love your new avatar, by the way!
@Aetherstorm

Thank you! I love your new avatar, by the way!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/128#post_43430820]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 149: Fire in the Rain[/u][/b] [item=ambush] Sentence: Final Battle Part 3[/center] ----- [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56940872][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56940872&skin=0&apparel=23144,31978,27765&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53323249][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=33506,20830,20831,10362,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Why did you never tell me?!" Edna stormed into Jett's quarters. The king was watching the attack on his palace below his window. He didn't even look up to see her. "I don't have time for this Edna," Jett waved a hand. The ridgeback refused to listen. "You told me my parents abandoned me, that you found me scared and alone, and yet all this time you've been pitting me against my sister?" Edna snarled. "All this time, I've been aching, wanting something I never thought I could have! I made do with what I had, with Elladan as a friend, and tried to raise kids he didn't even want at your call! And now you're telling me that instead of being raised on the rough streets of the black market, I could have been raised in a loving family who saw me as more than a weapon?!" "Look, you should thank me," Jett turned to face Edna. "The way you were raised made you tough. You think heart is going to get you anywhere in my kingdom? It's power that makes you special, and you should feel pretty damn special with all the power you have. You won, didn't you? Elixabete is gone?" "Look, I'm done. I don't like what you've turned me into," Edna spat. "You may have had a victory against Age's family in Elixa's death, but you're losing something too. I'm not going to be your weapon anymore." "Fine, go where you please," Jett waved a hand. "But they're never going to win, you know. This city thrives off of the Shade, and the Shade fights on my side. They can try to fight, but it will get them all in the end." "You're a monster," Edna growled. "Maybe so, but this monster will go down in the history of this kingdom, wheras Age will be nothing more than a footnote when I'm done with her," Jett smirked. "Now, look and see what side you're fighting on." The Shade had just cleared enough for Edna to make out a familiar form flying throughout the kingdom, breathing fire on the surrounding buildings. Soon, the entire city would be ablaze, trapping the rebels and destroying everything they had ever made for themselves. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57356134][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=48&winggene=56&wings=79&auth=e94d6f41f27e15246685564537124055d80b0c94&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "From the ashes of this old city, we will rise again, victorious," Jett declared. There was a mad gleam in his eye, and for the first time since she was a hatchling, Edna felt terrified of the king she had sworn her allegiance to. She couldn't do this anymore. "Goodbye," Edna said, and with that, she spread her wings and made her way to join the fight below. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/38b30b419b80446dfb5163715d894882/tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53334409][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/31686.png[/img][/center] Scoril crept through the corridors of the palace. She knew what she had to do now, and it wasn't easy. Every bone in her body was begging her to stop, but she had to put an end to Jett's tyranny. Beside her, her gem guardian flew around her, radiating arcane energy and providing a pink light through the darkness of the Shade. She made her way to the throne room. Casting a glance at the beacon, she saw that the flames were terrifyingly low. If Jett succeeded, the Shade would take over the city for good, there would be no hope. "Looking for me?" A familiar voice sounded, sending chills down Scoril's spine. Once upon a time, that voice was the sweetest sound she had ever heard. Now it was twisted, tainted, dripping with insincerity. "Where are you? Are you such a coward that you won't show yourself?" Scoril demanded, raising her head high. "You see me all around you, the Shade [i]is[/i] me," Jett laughed. Just then, Scoril felt a rush of magic that felt like a punch to the gut. Shade magic was filling her body, entering all of her eyes and gnawing ravenously at her abundant stores of magic. It was all too much. Scoril collapsed, and that was when she saw Jett's face leering over her. This was Scoril's last chance. She summoned what little magic she had left and sent it towards him. Unfortunately, it was not enough. The wisps of magic were quickly consumed by the Shade once they had exited her body. Then she felt Jett's claws on her throat, and she struggled to breathe. "You have nerve, coming back here, after taking my daughter from me," Jett snarled. She glanced at her gem guardian, which was swirling around and squeaking in terror. The glow of its gem was all that she could see, sparking with pure arcane energy. It was then that she had an idea. Her talons scrabbled at the air, trying to reach for her familiar. "That pet of yours isn't going to help you now," Jett snorted. "Not when I'm done with you." But Scoril wasn't going to give up. Eventually, she felt the weight of the gem in her talons, and she felt arcane magic surge within her again. But it wouldn't be enough, not once it had filtered through her Shade-infested body. As her vision began to fade, she used what remained of her strength to push the gem full force towards Jett. The gem shattered upon impact, filling Jett's body with pure arcane magic. He screamed and convulsed, stepping off of Scoril. There was a flash of pink light, and then the room seemed a bit lighter, like some of the Shade magic had been burned away from the city. Scoril got to her feet, took one look at the twitching form of Jett, and ran. The spirit of her gem guardian faded, leaving her to make the escape on her own. But it had been a worthy sacrifice. It wouldn't be enough to kill Jett, he was too powerful for that, but she had discovered his weakness, and it was time to pass that information on to the dragons who had the power to defeat him for good. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2698754/130#post_43459399]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @HauntedWhale @Disillusionist @AlchemyFox @Tirtouga678 @catmeow1 @Leopardmask @Autumnus @chantric @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @tigressRising @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Stitched @Willnotgogently @Sabariel @MisterMylez @Skystrider @Starongie @icetail0912 @myriadofstars @Aetherstorm @Weredogalism @Nargeorgicorn @WeaverofLies @herobrinna @secretlylying @Azurepocalypse @GoldictheHedgefx @CobaltMoon @Tiffkaboo @Orodruin @SkullGeist @Violeteevee @Amaluna @DragonPrincess27 @Dakala @Drachenschwinge @Glassowary @GrinningWolf24 @CleverTrick @Moonweaverr @Unicorn6[/center] ----- Hehehehe from the beginning, I knew those gem guardians would be instrumental in the end of this story. It's one of the reasons why I'm so set on starting my next pinkerlocke in June, so that I can incorporate the festival familiars into the lore of the story.

Day 149: Fire in the Rain
Ambush
Sentence: Final Battle Part 3

dragon?did=56940872&skin=0&apparel=23144,31978,27765&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=53323249&skin=0&apparel=33506,20830,20831,10362,13809,13793,16492&xt=dressing.png

"Why did you never tell me?!" Edna stormed into Jett's quarters. The king was watching the attack on his palace below his window. He didn't even look up to see her.

"I don't have time for this Edna," Jett waved a hand. The ridgeback refused to listen.

"You told me my parents abandoned me, that you found me scared and alone, and yet all this time you've been pitting me against my sister?" Edna snarled. "All this time, I've been aching, wanting something I never thought I could have! I made do with what I had, with Elladan as a friend, and tried to raise kids he didn't even want at your call! And now you're telling me that instead of being raised on the rough streets of the black market, I could have been raised in a loving family who saw me as more than a weapon?!"

"Look, you should thank me," Jett turned to face Edna. "The way you were raised made you tough. You think heart is going to get you anywhere in my kingdom? It's power that makes you special, and you should feel pretty damn special with all the power you have. You won, didn't you? Elixabete is gone?"

"Look, I'm done. I don't like what you've turned me into," Edna spat. "You may have had a victory against Age's family in Elixa's death, but you're losing something too. I'm not going to be your weapon anymore."

"Fine, go where you please," Jett waved a hand. "But they're never going to win, you know. This city thrives off of the Shade, and the Shade fights on my side. They can try to fight, but it will get them all in the end."

"You're a monster," Edna growled.

"Maybe so, but this monster will go down in the history of this kingdom, wheras Age will be nothing more than a footnote when I'm done with her," Jett smirked. "Now, look and see what side you're fighting on."

The Shade had just cleared enough for Edna to make out a familiar form flying throughout the kingdom, breathing fire on the surrounding buildings. Soon, the entire city would be ablaze, trapping the rebels and destroying everything they had ever made for themselves.
dragon?age=1&body=112&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=11&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=48&winggene=56&wings=79&auth=e94d6f41f27e15246685564537124055d80b0c94&dummyext=prev.png

"From the ashes of this old city, we will rise again, victorious," Jett declared. There was a mad gleam in his eye, and for the first time since she was a hatchling, Edna felt terrified of the king she had sworn her allegiance to. She couldn't do this anymore.

"Goodbye," Edna said, and with that, she spread her wings and made her way to join the fight below.

tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o3_500.png

dragon?did=53334409&skin=0&apparel=17900,21273,17891,17918,21240,17882&xt=dressing.png
31686.png

Scoril crept through the corridors of the palace. She knew what she had to do now, and it wasn't easy. Every bone in her body was begging her to stop, but she had to put an end to Jett's tyranny. Beside her, her gem guardian flew around her, radiating arcane energy and providing a pink light through the darkness of the Shade.

She made her way to the throne room. Casting a glance at the beacon, she saw that the flames were terrifyingly low. If Jett succeeded, the Shade would take over the city for good, there would be no hope.

"Looking for me?" A familiar voice sounded, sending chills down Scoril's spine. Once upon a time, that voice was the sweetest sound she had ever heard. Now it was twisted, tainted, dripping with insincerity.

"Where are you? Are you such a coward that you won't show yourself?" Scoril demanded, raising her head high.

"You see me all around you, the Shade is me," Jett laughed.

Just then, Scoril felt a rush of magic that felt like a punch to the gut. Shade magic was filling her body, entering all of her eyes and gnawing ravenously at her abundant stores of magic. It was all too much. Scoril collapsed, and that was when she saw Jett's face leering over her.

This was Scoril's last chance. She summoned what little magic she had left and sent it towards him. Unfortunately, it was not enough. The wisps of magic were quickly consumed by the Shade once they had exited her body. Then she felt Jett's claws on her throat, and she struggled to breathe.

"You have nerve, coming back here, after taking my daughter from me," Jett snarled.

She glanced at her gem guardian, which was swirling around and squeaking in terror. The glow of its gem was all that she could see, sparking with pure arcane energy.

It was then that she had an idea. Her talons scrabbled at the air, trying to reach for her familiar.

"That pet of yours isn't going to help you now," Jett snorted. "Not when I'm done with you."

But Scoril wasn't going to give up. Eventually, she felt the weight of the gem in her talons, and she felt arcane magic surge within her again. But it wouldn't be enough, not once it had filtered through her Shade-infested body. As her vision began to fade, she used what remained of her strength to push the gem full force towards Jett.

The gem shattered upon impact, filling Jett's body with pure arcane magic. He screamed and convulsed, stepping off of Scoril. There was a flash of pink light, and then the room seemed a bit lighter, like some of the Shade magic had been burned away from the city.

Scoril got to her feet, took one look at the twitching form of Jett, and ran. The spirit of her gem guardian faded, leaving her to make the escape on her own. But it had been a worthy sacrifice. It wouldn't be enough to kill Jett, he was too powerful for that, but she had discovered his weakness, and it was time to pass that information on to the dragons who had the power to defeat him for good.

Hehehehe from the beginning, I knew those gem guardians would be instrumental in the end of this story. It's one of the reasons why I'm so set on starting my next pinkerlocke in June, so that I can incorporate the festival familiars into the lore of the story.
@Petall Now that's something I hadn't expected. That poor Gem Guardian though D:
@Petall Now that's something I hadn't expected. That poor Gem Guardian though D:
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

If it makes your feel better, the gem guardians weren't ever truly alive, they were simply manifestations of elemental magic that had been created to protect the city from this - this was their purpose.
@Drachenschwinge

If it makes your feel better, the gem guardians weren't ever truly alive, they were simply manifestations of elemental magic that had been created to protect the city from this - this was their purpose.
@Petall A little bit, yes. [emoji=coatl happy size=1] So who created them? The gods would be the obvious answer but I feel like there's a bit more to it?
@Petall A little bit, yes. So who created them? The gods would be the obvious answer but I feel like there's a bit more to it?
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge

My personal headcanon is that they were created or collected by someone in the previous kingdom, since Accident found them in the palace hoard. I don't have complete confirmation though, because the previous clan was CleverDual's and I haven't really talked to her about whether that fits in with her old clan lore or not.
@Drachenschwinge

My personal headcanon is that they were created or collected by someone in the previous kingdom, since Accident found them in the palace hoard. I don't have complete confirmation though, because the previous clan was CleverDual's and I haven't really talked to her about whether that fits in with her old clan lore or not.
Just caught up on the last two chapters, my reaction can be summed up into this image: [img]https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/22209231253c6f5da3f561cf7f455fb4.jpg[/img] Also, regarding the last chapter w/ Bahat's POV - how long have the royals been locked up for? I'm guessing 2-3 "years"? Great work as always, can't wait for the next chapter [emoji=guardian tongue size=1]
Just caught up on the last two chapters, my reaction can be summed up into this image:
22209231253c6f5da3f561cf7f455fb4.jpg
Also, regarding the last chapter w/ Bahat's POV - how long have the royals been locked up for? I'm guessing 2-3 "years"?
Great work as always, can't wait for the next chapter
Glassowary
Lover of all things Snapper!
192-large.png
@Glassowary

That is a very appropriate reaction!

Well, they were imprisoned during the Trickmurk Circus, which was 3 months ago, so that translates to 3 years, almost to the day, since currently it's the night before the Greenskeeper Gathering, and they were locked up on the last night of the Trickmurk Circus! So it's been quite a while!
@Glassowary

That is a very appropriate reaction!

Well, they were imprisoned during the Trickmurk Circus, which was 3 months ago, so that translates to 3 years, almost to the day, since currently it's the night before the Greenskeeper Gathering, and they were locked up on the last night of the Trickmurk Circus! So it's been quite a while!
1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 141 142