Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ganondorf's Breeding Log
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
This post is a lot of updates, I guess! Nothing too ground-breaking, I just... needed to reorganize my thoughts and get a sense of what's truly going on in my lair, sort some things out, etc. I've got a raffle to plan, after all, and I'm going to need to get some dragons figured out for it. First up: What's [i]currently[/i] going on in my lair? I've made some good headway on several projects. The Red/Red/Metals and the Red/Blue/White are down to some agonizing near-misses, just hoping they'll spit out the goal soon. Also closing in on the goal is the Turquoise/White/Black, @Trilonyte! We've got 1 in 8 pairs for all 3 of these projects. The Red/Banana/Amethyst has simultaneously made huge progress, and also has been put on the back-burner. I eliminated 36 dragons in one go, then cut the three remaining pairs down to 2, and am at the grandparent generation... though the wisher for this wish is inactive, so, I guess I'll just see through to its finish since I'm suddenly so close, and then plop the dragon in the den with the others. Other good news is the Vermilion/Fire/Grapefruit project. Using the Dragon Search, I managed to find 2 excellent pairs, and though I am going to need a Coatl scroll, I am still able to go for Glimmer, so there's that at least. Yay, another Coatl project that didn't need a ridiculously huge start! For the rest of the projects, it's fairly "business as usual" with the usual suspects being thorns in my side. I am very slowly, but surely now, making some progress on the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow, and I actually have half of the pairs I need for G2, which is amazing at this point. The Steel/Sunset/Turquoise project, however, that's... a mess, and one I correctly anticipated. I am keeping an eye on the AH for potential dragons for it, as I am still struggling to get to 16 pairs for it, but the one big problem I'm running into is finding dragons with secondary colours on the brown side of Sunset. And then... I have a new project! After the dust settled for the check-in and the Vermilion/Fire/Grapefruit turned out to be a very small project, I was finally able to pick up a new wish to work on. [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=172&bodygene=13&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=22&winggene=16&wings=26&auth=40512169a30984260ea7b536881b5033e74b9a98&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Sunset Petals/Denim Spinner/Pearl Firefly male Lightning, Nature or Wind Imperial. Start date: October 6, 2020 [i]Status: 16 pairs, let's gooooo.[/i] [/columns][/quote] I removed the Cerise/Cerise/Strawberry from my list, as I am not officially working on that one yet. I have two DWF wishes that I'm still waiting to hear confirmation for before I begin. (Both seem to have gone inactive right after the check-in.) But I anticipate neither being too big and difficult to squeeze into my lair should they return, so I felt comfortable taking on more, beginning with this Imperial. I... gave the Dragon Search my best shot, but I grew overwhelmed with an overabundance of sub-par options, and went back to my more guaranteed path of doing a pyramid. 32 dragons later, (which is amazing to so easily make 16 pairs in such a short amount of time without having to go to too far colours), I am feeling pretty confident about this one. All but 1 pair has Petals, and every single pair has the ability to get Imps or just Rare breeds. I only have 1 Firefly and no Spinner, but those are easily attained, so I probably won't be too stressed to get the Firefly to pass down. And I gotta say, holy smokes the Honeydew/Honeydew/Blush Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer dragons are in massive overabundance, but for once, something like this worked in my favour, as they were a significant source of getting Petals into the project. These are dangerous words, but: I feel like taking on another project. I'm "only" at 14, after all... ----- I do, however, have a different sort of project in the works right now, and that has been the source of a little bit of frazzlement for me. The Dragonwish Foundation is approaching wish #250, and I'd like to do a raffle. I've got the theme picked out for it, but... some of the prizes require breeding for the dragons, and I'm a little worried I might not be able to get a few in time. To help me figure this out, perhaps I should make a list and prioritize: [LIST] [*]I'd like a triple Aqua Iri/Shim/UB Wildclaw, preferably male, for reasons. Alternatively, any dragon close to Magenta/Orchid/Cyan would do. [*]Well, I'd like to make a copy of the Red/Red/Metals or the Red/Blue/White, but I'm still working on getting the first ones. Alternatively, I'd [i]love[/i] to get a copy of the Steel/Sunset/Turquoise Gaoler, but that one's not even close. [*]I need an interesting triple. Preferably one that isn't too easy to get, but once I start going down the rabbit hole of difficult triples, I don't know if I'll get my hands on the goal in time for the raffle. [*]And then there's the vague "super rare" dragon. I've got a plan for this, I just gotta kick my tail into gear and do it. [/LIST] There's a couple other dragons involved, but they're all either already existing, or about to be. Hrm, but this list has already helped quell my anxiety, as it did help break down this task into more manageable parts. But, that was the point of this post, to help me gather my scattered thoughts, and I do feel a little more coherent.
This post is a lot of updates, I guess! Nothing too ground-breaking, I just... needed to reorganize my thoughts and get a sense of what's truly going on in my lair, sort some things out, etc. I've got a raffle to plan, after all, and I'm going to need to get some dragons figured out for it.

First up: What's currently going on in my lair? I've made some good headway on several projects. The Red/Red/Metals and the Red/Blue/White are down to some agonizing near-misses, just hoping they'll spit out the goal soon. Also closing in on the goal is the Turquoise/White/Black, @Trilonyte! We've got 1 in 8 pairs for all 3 of these projects.

The Red/Banana/Amethyst has simultaneously made huge progress, and also has been put on the back-burner. I eliminated 36 dragons in one go, then cut the three remaining pairs down to 2, and am at the grandparent generation... though the wisher for this wish is inactive, so, I guess I'll just see through to its finish since I'm suddenly so close, and then plop the dragon in the den with the others.

Other good news is the Vermilion/Fire/Grapefruit project. Using the Dragon Search, I managed to find 2 excellent pairs, and though I am going to need a Coatl scroll, I am still able to go for Glimmer, so there's that at least. Yay, another Coatl project that didn't need a ridiculously huge start!

For the rest of the projects, it's fairly "business as usual" with the usual suspects being thorns in my side. I am very slowly, but surely now, making some progress on the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow, and I actually have half of the pairs I need for G2, which is amazing at this point. The Steel/Sunset/Turquoise project, however, that's... a mess, and one I correctly anticipated. I am keeping an eye on the AH for potential dragons for it, as I am still struggling to get to 16 pairs for it, but the one big problem I'm running into is finding dragons with secondary colours on the brown side of Sunset.

And then... I have a new project! After the dust settled for the check-in and the Vermilion/Fire/Grapefruit turned out to be a very small project, I was finally able to pick up a new wish to work on.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=172&bodygene=13&breed=8&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=22&winggene=16&wings=26&auth=40512169a30984260ea7b536881b5033e74b9a98&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Sunset Petals/Denim Spinner/Pearl Firefly male Lightning, Nature or Wind Imperial.

Start date: October 6, 2020
I removed the Cerise/Cerise/Strawberry from my list, as I am not officially working on that one yet. I have two DWF wishes that I'm still waiting to hear confirmation for before I begin. (Both seem to have gone inactive right after the check-in.) But I anticipate neither being too big and difficult to squeeze into my lair should they return, so I felt comfortable taking on more, beginning with this Imperial.

I... gave the Dragon Search my best shot, but I grew overwhelmed with an overabundance of sub-par options, and went back to my more guaranteed path of doing a pyramid. 32 dragons later, (which is amazing to so easily make 16 pairs in such a short amount of time without having to go to too far colours), I am feeling pretty confident about this one. All but 1 pair has Petals, and every single pair has the ability to get Imps or just Rare breeds. I only have 1 Firefly and no Spinner, but those are easily attained, so I probably won't be too stressed to get the Firefly to pass down.

And I gotta say, holy smokes the Honeydew/Honeydew/Blush Petals/Butterfly/Glimmer dragons are in massive overabundance, but for once, something like this worked in my favour, as they were a significant source of getting Petals into the project.

These are dangerous words, but: I feel like taking on another project. I'm "only" at 14, after all...

I do, however, have a different sort of project in the works right now, and that has been the source of a little bit of frazzlement for me. The Dragonwish Foundation is approaching wish #250, and I'd like to do a raffle. I've got the theme picked out for it, but... some of the prizes require breeding for the dragons, and I'm a little worried I might not be able to get a few in time. To help me figure this out, perhaps I should make a list and prioritize:
  • I'd like a triple Aqua Iri/Shim/UB Wildclaw, preferably male, for reasons. Alternatively, any dragon close to Magenta/Orchid/Cyan would do.
  • Well, I'd like to make a copy of the Red/Red/Metals or the Red/Blue/White, but I'm still working on getting the first ones. Alternatively, I'd love to get a copy of the Steel/Sunset/Turquoise Gaoler, but that one's not even close.
  • I need an interesting triple. Preferably one that isn't too easy to get, but once I start going down the rabbit hole of difficult triples, I don't know if I'll get my hands on the goal in time for the raffle.
  • And then there's the vague "super rare" dragon. I've got a plan for this, I just gotta kick my tail into gear and do it.

There's a couple other dragons involved, but they're all either already existing, or about to be. Hrm, but this list has already helped quell my anxiety, as it did help break down this task into more manageable parts. But, that was the point of this post, to help me gather my scattered thoughts, and I do feel a little more coherent.
l6nCFA8.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64634169][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/646342/64634169_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65162493][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/651625/65162493_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Projects Complete![/i][/b][/center] Oh man, it's been a hot minute since I last posted. Things got busy (story of my life), and then I decided to participate in NaNo. (And then halfway through, discovered my hands couldn't take it so I stopped.) The dust is settling a bit here, so I've finally got a little bit of time to kick things back into shape. That Coatl was a one-nest wonder, even if it did pain me to get the Coatl scroll, but hey, that's a DWF wish done and that's what the bank is for. Azir, on the other hand, took his sweet, sweet time getting here, can't rush an emperor, y'know. I finally settled for a dragon with Buttercup primary instead of Gold primary because the difference was so tiny and I really need to learn to stop being such a perfectionist. Which brings me to the next project! Well, 2 projects. [quote] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=4&tertgene=15&winggene=25&wings=137&auth=2c0153613d58ead0def1ddab431dc92d70745ebe&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF Wish:[/b] Beige Wasp/Fog Constellation/Platinum Scales female Shadow or Water Wildclaw. Start date: October 19, 2020 [i]Status: Please don't be like the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow Wildclaw.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=5&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=9&winggene=2&wings=9&auth=72bac9655e15e5676580a74cf47e8bf8eda87a22&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]Personal Project:[/b] Tan Ripple/Charcoal-Midnight Stripes/Charcoal-Midnight Okapi female Lightning Mirror. Start Date: November 24, 2020 [i]Status: This one is a different style of breeding project.[/i] [/columns] [/quote] I can't remember why or how I picked up the Beige/Fog/Platinum, but the purple highlight on the wishlist leads me to believe I inherited it from another breeder, possibly. But I've picked up all 16 pairs needed for it, and... it's another daunting Wildclaw wish, of course. It's at the beginning stages, I'm still actually waiting for most of the first gen to become RTB, but I did get one actually pretty lucky baby so far, so maybe it's a sign that this will work out. The second project, which is a personal project, is step two after I got the Skydancer, Azir, up there. And it's the first time in a very long time I'm just using... well, I don't like calling it "line" breeding because that has a very, erm, not-great meaning that is definitely not what I mean, but I guess I could call it "lineage" breeding? The Skydancer, Azir, is to be an ancestor of the Mirror, Sivir, so I was originally going to have him be part of the first generation of a pyramid breeding plan, but discovered that despite her colours being a bit off from his, I wouldn't need to do that, because there's apparently a billion Tan/Obsidian/Obsidian and close dragons out there. So the plan instead has become to find Azir a mate ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61199798]already done[/url]), and then breed their kids to another Tan/black-range/black-range dragon, and if those kids don't manage to get Sivir, then I have one more generation to breed to another Tan/black-range/black-range dragon, and still have the resultant kids be related to Azir. No need for breeding extra branches of the family tree, since close dragons already exist. I picked up the Wildclaw wish over a month ago, and though the Mirror is technically a "new" project, it just feels like a continuation of an old project. So, I am absolutely [i]dying[/i] for a new project, I [i]really[/i] want a new project, I want to get some DWF wishes underway and chip away at that wishlist, but... I can't. I just don't have the nesting room right now, and I'm currently rather short on lair space too. And it's the Gaolers' fault. My Steel/Sunset/Turquoise Gaoler project finally got all 16 pairs, and it's absolute madness. I'm about 1/4 the way to generation 2. Because I'm making two generation 2 trees, I've still got most of generation 1 breeding even though I have 9 generation 2 pairs formed. And with their fast cooldowns, I'm up to my ears in Gaolers. It'll definitely be a useful example to list on my breeding guide when the dust is settled, but in the meantime, SO MUCH FLUFF.
64634169_350.png
65162493_350.png
Projects Complete!

Oh man, it's been a hot minute since I last posted. Things got busy (story of my life), and then I decided to participate in NaNo. (And then halfway through, discovered my hands couldn't take it so I stopped.) The dust is settling a bit here, so I've finally got a little bit of time to kick things back into shape.

That Coatl was a one-nest wonder, even if it did pain me to get the Coatl scroll, but hey, that's a DWF wish done and that's what the bank is for. Azir, on the other hand, took his sweet, sweet time getting here, can't rush an emperor, y'know. I finally settled for a dragon with Buttercup primary instead of Gold primary because the difference was so tiny and I really need to learn to stop being such a perfectionist.

Which brings me to the next project! Well, 2 projects.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=20&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=4&tertgene=15&winggene=25&wings=137&auth=2c0153613d58ead0def1ddab431dc92d70745ebe&dummyext=prev.png DWF Wish:
Beige Wasp/Fog Constellation/Platinum Scales female Shadow or Water Wildclaw.

Start date: October 19, 2020
Status: Please don't be like the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow Wildclaw.
dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=5&breed=3&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=9&tertgene=9&winggene=2&wings=9&auth=72bac9655e15e5676580a74cf47e8bf8eda87a22&dummyext=prev.png Personal Project:
Tan Ripple/Charcoal-Midnight Stripes/Charcoal-Midnight Okapi female Lightning Mirror.

Start Date: November 24, 2020
I can't remember why or how I picked up the Beige/Fog/Platinum, but the purple highlight on the wishlist leads me to believe I inherited it from another breeder, possibly. But I've picked up all 16 pairs needed for it, and... it's another daunting Wildclaw wish, of course. It's at the beginning stages, I'm still actually waiting for most of the first gen to become RTB, but I did get one actually pretty lucky baby so far, so maybe it's a sign that this will work out.

The second project, which is a personal project, is step two after I got the Skydancer, Azir, up there. And it's the first time in a very long time I'm just using... well, I don't like calling it "line" breeding because that has a very, erm, not-great meaning that is definitely not what I mean, but I guess I could call it "lineage" breeding?

The Skydancer, Azir, is to be an ancestor of the Mirror, Sivir, so I was originally going to have him be part of the first generation of a pyramid breeding plan, but discovered that despite her colours being a bit off from his, I wouldn't need to do that, because there's apparently a billion Tan/Obsidian/Obsidian and close dragons out there. So the plan instead has become to find Azir a mate (already done), and then breed their kids to another Tan/black-range/black-range dragon, and if those kids don't manage to get Sivir, then I have one more generation to breed to another Tan/black-range/black-range dragon, and still have the resultant kids be related to Azir. No need for breeding extra branches of the family tree, since close dragons already exist.

I picked up the Wildclaw wish over a month ago, and though the Mirror is technically a "new" project, it just feels like a continuation of an old project. So, I am absolutely dying for a new project, I really want a new project, I want to get some DWF wishes underway and chip away at that wishlist, but... I can't. I just don't have the nesting room right now, and I'm currently rather short on lair space too. And it's the Gaolers' fault. My Steel/Sunset/Turquoise Gaoler project finally got all 16 pairs, and it's absolute madness. I'm about 1/4 the way to generation 2. Because I'm making two generation 2 trees, I've still got most of generation 1 breeding even though I have 9 generation 2 pairs formed. And with their fast cooldowns, I'm up to my ears in Gaolers. It'll definitely be a useful example to list on my breeding guide when the dust is settled, but in the meantime, SO MUCH FLUFF.
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf

~~am so sorry my wish been causinf so much trouble ._.

the fact that ya mentioned it says that much XD

just ohh boy
@Ganondorf

~~am so sorry my wish been causinf so much trouble ._.

the fact that ya mentioned it says that much XD

just ohh boy
My pronouns are he/him or drae/draer also please click these babs
https://www.deviantart.com/jules2800/gallery/ (art stuff
@zona I am actually so sorry it's taken so long! In theory, it should be no more difficult than any of the other Wildclaw projects I've got, they're all about equally rare, but RNGesus has absolutely cursed this one in particular. I do finally have a good G3 pair now, but still struggling to get more G2 pairs and finish off G1.
@zona I am actually so sorry it's taken so long! In theory, it should be no more difficult than any of the other Wildclaw projects I've got, they're all about equally rare, but RNGesus has absolutely cursed this one in particular. I do finally have a good G3 pair now, but still struggling to get more G2 pairs and finish off G1.
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf

sidenote can i ask a question.

for after this project is over. i know you can request a new wish after any wish you had is done right? so just i was wondering if its possible to wish for a dragon that has certain colors but is unrelated to the majority of dragons that also has that color? ~~XD i need help making a mate for a certain project of mine~~
@Ganondorf

sidenote can i ask a question.

for after this project is over. i know you can request a new wish after any wish you had is done right? so just i was wondering if its possible to wish for a dragon that has certain colors but is unrelated to the majority of dragons that also has that color? ~~XD i need help making a mate for a certain project of mine~~
sidenote ignore that i just noticed theres unrelated pair requests cool
sidenote ignore that i just noticed theres unrelated pair requests cool
@zona, it helps if there is one particular ID you want the dragon to be related to (people ask for mates for their dragons all the time, so we just list that ID as the one to not be related to), so if you already have the particular dragon you're wanting a mate for, then we can list that ID to make sure the two dragons are unrelated. Some breeders will still utilize some of the potentially related dragons that exist in the range, with a plan to breed enough generations to make sure the end product is unrelated. I've done that with an absurd number of Honeydew doubles for the Sunset/Denim/Pearl project. Many of them are related to each other, but with enough generations, I won't have any problems down the line.
@zona, it helps if there is one particular ID you want the dragon to be related to (people ask for mates for their dragons all the time, so we just list that ID as the one to not be related to), so if you already have the particular dragon you're wanting a mate for, then we can list that ID to make sure the two dragons are unrelated. Some breeders will still utilize some of the potentially related dragons that exist in the range, with a plan to breed enough generations to make sure the end product is unrelated. I've done that with an absurd number of Honeydew doubles for the Sunset/Denim/Pearl project. Many of them are related to each other, but with enough generations, I won't have any problems down the line.
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf

im doing a primal god quest >_> biggest pain ever getting unrelated pairs
@Ganondorf

im doing a primal god quest >_> biggest pain ever getting unrelated pairs
@zona, ooooh gosh, best of luck! I have a few friends who are on primal quests and... yeah. I dread the day I come up with a primal I want.
@zona, ooooh gosh, best of luck! I have a few friends who are on primal quests and... yeah. I dread the day I come up with a primal I want.
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf i have this little one done thougu ^_^ shes my windsinger bab (i have an earthshaker too but she hasnt been gened or permababied yet worst part is though. they all gotta be female ~~my icewarden nest hatched a male. and i sold them. cause of that~~ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52959716][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/529598/52959716_350.png[/img][/url]
@Ganondorf
i have this little one done thougu ^_^ shes my windsinger bab
(i have an earthshaker too but she hasnt been gened or permababied yet

worst part is though. they all gotta be female ~~my icewarden nest hatched a male. and i sold them. cause of that~~

52959716_350.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15