Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Ganondorf's Breeding Log
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61870857][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/618709/61870857_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Project Complete![/i][/b][/center] Some of my other projects could take lessons from this one - I actually managed to nail a 1 in 4 chance in the first breeding. What madness is this? It didn't take me at least 6 breedings? Wow, amazing! So, naturally, I have picked up two more projects. I'm still at 20 projects, as, in addition to completing this one, I have officially put the Eggplant/Carrot/Flaxen project on the back-burner and removed it from the list. I've got a 1 in 8 pair now that I'll only breed when I happen to have a nest open for them (...which is currently a very rare thing), so I'm not really counting them as part of my breeding projects. Maybe they'll be the first pair of my theoretical hatchery? They're [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58896593]pretty[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61834380]enough[/url], I think. Maybe. About those new projects... [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=28&breed=17&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=36&winggene=32&wings=67&auth=8f628bef0152eba280dba1e7677fa10464eb66b2&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Teal Wasp (Gaoler)/Rose Trail (Gaoler)/Rose Blossom (Gaoler) Arcane or Wind female Gaoler. Start date: June 8, 2020 [i]Status: If arranged breedings go well, I've got this in the bag. I hope they go well.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=7&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=20&wings=50&auth=c418d063fc890129009724d75e233bf0664aa1b4&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Cream Iridescent/Mulberry Shimmer/Garnet Thylacine Fire female Skydancer. Tan Crystal/Sand Bee/Gold Spines Light male Coatl Start date: June 8, 2020 [i]Status: Hrm... got a couple prospects for arranged breedings...[/i] [/columns][/quote] In the continued interest of getting DWF projects done as quickly as possible, I have continued to look for opportunities to ask for breedings from already-close dragons. For the Gaoler project, my first Gaoler project, actually, the wisher actually has a dragon available that's very close, so that's a boon, and another boon was that there does appear to be a small selection of Gaolers in the range, with the Wasp, which is the crucial part. Alas, all but 1 are related to each other, but the related ones are in two separate groups that are just barely related to each other, leaving that one unrelated male to be the key to this mess. The owner wants collateral for the male, and I've never personally handled collateral, so this wish has been two firsts for me. Just securing an Arcane nest with someone I know well, to assure that nothing happens to the male, and... hopefully we'll be set. I'll cross my fingers that I get a useful kid so that I don't have to ask for repeat breedings from the male. As for the Coatl, that one's... interesting. I've got 2 dragons from the nursery who actually pair together to cover the colours and the two gem genes, and I've inquired about breeding two more from the dragon search who are also close in colours and have one of the genes. I have no idea how the nests will turn out, but I can hope. For both projects, I'm taking a huge leap of faith in RNG to play nice, and if it works out, I could cut down on the time needed for each project, but if it doesn't, which seems to be the case with me, then... I guess I'll have to set up some sort of pyramid breeding plan anyway. Wish me luck!
61870857_350.png
Project Complete!

Some of my other projects could take lessons from this one - I actually managed to nail a 1 in 4 chance in the first breeding. What madness is this? It didn't take me at least 6 breedings? Wow, amazing!

So, naturally, I have picked up two more projects. I'm still at 20 projects, as, in addition to completing this one, I have officially put the Eggplant/Carrot/Flaxen project on the back-burner and removed it from the list. I've got a 1 in 8 pair now that I'll only breed when I happen to have a nest open for them (...which is currently a very rare thing), so I'm not really counting them as part of my breeding projects. Maybe they'll be the first pair of my theoretical hatchery? They're pretty enough, I think. Maybe.

About those new projects...
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=29&bodygene=28&breed=17&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=36&winggene=32&wings=67&auth=8f628bef0152eba280dba1e7677fa10464eb66b2&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Teal Wasp (Gaoler)/Rose Trail (Gaoler)/Rose Blossom (Gaoler) Arcane or Wind female Gaoler.

Start date: June 8, 2020
Status: If arranged breedings go well, I've got this in the bag. I hope they go well.
dragon?age=1&body=76&bodygene=7&breed=12&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=45&tertgene=8&winggene=20&wings=50&auth=c418d063fc890129009724d75e233bf0664aa1b4&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Cream Iridescent/Mulberry Shimmer/Garnet Thylacine Fire female Skydancer.
Tan Crystal/Sand Bee/Gold Spines Light male Coatl

Start date: June 8, 2020
Status: Hrm... got a couple prospects for arranged breedings...

In the continued interest of getting DWF projects done as quickly as possible, I have continued to look for opportunities to ask for breedings from already-close dragons.

For the Gaoler project, my first Gaoler project, actually, the wisher actually has a dragon available that's very close, so that's a boon, and another boon was that there does appear to be a small selection of Gaolers in the range, with the Wasp, which is the crucial part. Alas, all but 1 are related to each other, but the related ones are in two separate groups that are just barely related to each other, leaving that one unrelated male to be the key to this mess. The owner wants collateral for the male, and I've never personally handled collateral, so this wish has been two firsts for me. Just securing an Arcane nest with someone I know well, to assure that nothing happens to the male, and... hopefully we'll be set. I'll cross my fingers that I get a useful kid so that I don't have to ask for repeat breedings from the male.

As for the Coatl, that one's... interesting. I've got 2 dragons from the nursery who actually pair together to cover the colours and the two gem genes, and I've inquired about breeding two more from the dragon search who are also close in colours and have one of the genes. I have no idea how the nests will turn out, but I can hope.

For both projects, I'm taking a huge leap of faith in RNG to play nice, and if it works out, I could cut down on the time needed for each project, but if it doesn't, which seems to be the case with me, then... I guess I'll have to set up some sort of pyramid breeding plan anyway. Wish me luck!
l6nCFA8.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61988209][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/619883/61988209_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Project Complete?[/i][/b][/center] Well, he's a triple Thicket male Wildclaw with Plague eyes, so that fits the bill for the wish. Just waiting to hear back from the wisher, and he'll get some genes and be sent on his way. Out of 8 kids, 7 were Coatls... I am sure glad the [i]singular[/i] Wildclaw is male. And... believe it or not, I am [i]not[/i] taking a new project, not yet. I decided I was tired of pinging people for nests, and if [i]I[/i] am tired of pinging people, I'm sure they must also be tired of seeing pings from me. So, I put together a calendar for myself that shows when pairs are ready to breed. This way, I can see if, say, I ping Light nesters for a pair today, and I see two pairs needing light nests will be ready to breed tomorrow, I can spare everyone a ping and ask for those nests early. The [i]secondary[/i] effect of this calendar has been the realization that, currently, there are currently no empty spaces where I might have open nests, so I have decided, until I lose quite a few pairs, that I won't add to the load. The big projects I'm waiting for to shrink are the Red/Banana/Amethyst, the Umber/Lapis/Robin, and the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow, as they all needed a 16-pair start, and are still mostly or entirely on the first generation. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62018938][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/620190/62018938.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62018939][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/620190/62018939.png[/img][/url][/center] Additionally, I may as well have picked up a new project when I got the arranged breeding's nest back for the Teal/Rose/Rose. Sadly, neither kid is usable for a close pairing with what's available on the dragon search, so I have decided that since it's up in the air if I can get a second breeding, I better start work on the back-up plan, an 8-pair start to a pyramid to breed myself my own partners for those kids. And you know what? I don't like Ancient breeds. As a breeder, I do not like Ancient breeds. The suspicion I had over them, that they'd be extremely difficult to breed for specific colours that don't already exist... is absolutely correct. As I suspected, because they only have their own breed for the pool of dragons available, the ability to breed an Ancient in a combo that doesn't exist yet, is very restricted. If this pyramid breeding plan was the whole plan, if it wasn't the [i]back-up[/i] to some arranged breedings, I'd be very worried about this project, and I would definitely be [i]trying[/i] to do a 16 pair start. I say [i]trying[/i], because it was a struggle to even get the 8 pairs I found, and they're absolutely trash. Across all the pairs, I have many colour ranges that are nearly [i]half the colour wheel[/i]. Ouch. Other than that, I have not much to report. Nests go out, nests come in, some are useful, many are not, and slowly, but surely, the projects are getting closer to completion. I made some serious headway on the Lemon/Honeydew/Lemon project, finally, so that feels nice. I finally got my hands on all 4 of the dragons I had my eye on for the Tan/Sand/Gold, and I am excited at the possibility of a [i]Coatl[/i] project not needing a full-on pyramid.
61988209_350.png
Project Complete?

Well, he's a triple Thicket male Wildclaw with Plague eyes, so that fits the bill for the wish. Just waiting to hear back from the wisher, and he'll get some genes and be sent on his way. Out of 8 kids, 7 were Coatls... I am sure glad the singular Wildclaw is male.

And... believe it or not, I am not taking a new project, not yet. I decided I was tired of pinging people for nests, and if I am tired of pinging people, I'm sure they must also be tired of seeing pings from me. So, I put together a calendar for myself that shows when pairs are ready to breed. This way, I can see if, say, I ping Light nesters for a pair today, and I see two pairs needing light nests will be ready to breed tomorrow, I can spare everyone a ping and ask for those nests early.

The secondary effect of this calendar has been the realization that, currently, there are currently no empty spaces where I might have open nests, so I have decided, until I lose quite a few pairs, that I won't add to the load. The big projects I'm waiting for to shrink are the Red/Banana/Amethyst, the Umber/Lapis/Robin, and the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow, as they all needed a 16-pair start, and are still mostly or entirely on the first generation.
62018938.png62018939.png
Additionally, I may as well have picked up a new project when I got the arranged breeding's nest back for the Teal/Rose/Rose. Sadly, neither kid is usable for a close pairing with what's available on the dragon search, so I have decided that since it's up in the air if I can get a second breeding, I better start work on the back-up plan, an 8-pair start to a pyramid to breed myself my own partners for those kids.

And you know what? I don't like Ancient breeds. As a breeder, I do not like Ancient breeds. The suspicion I had over them, that they'd be extremely difficult to breed for specific colours that don't already exist... is absolutely correct. As I suspected, because they only have their own breed for the pool of dragons available, the ability to breed an Ancient in a combo that doesn't exist yet, is very restricted.

If this pyramid breeding plan was the whole plan, if it wasn't the back-up to some arranged breedings, I'd be very worried about this project, and I would definitely be trying to do a 16 pair start. I say trying, because it was a struggle to even get the 8 pairs I found, and they're absolutely trash. Across all the pairs, I have many colour ranges that are nearly half the colour wheel. Ouch.

Other than that, I have not much to report. Nests go out, nests come in, some are useful, many are not, and slowly, but surely, the projects are getting closer to completion. I made some serious headway on the Lemon/Honeydew/Lemon project, finally, so that feels nice. I finally got my hands on all 4 of the dragons I had my eye on for the Tan/Sand/Gold, and I am excited at the possibility of a Coatl project not needing a full-on pyramid.
l6nCFA8.png
I... completely forgot to take note of something special about the triple Thicket Wildclaw. He is the 50th breeding project I personally have completed. He is the 51st dragon listed, but two of the dragons before him came from the same nest, and therefore same breeding project, so, 50 projects completed.

I have learned a lot from all these projects. Through trial and error, I learned precisely what i need to reliably reach the goal dragon. I have refined the pyramid breeding scheme over the years, to the point that I need to re-write my guide.

I have also learned that sometimes, I take way longer than I needed to on a given project. I have only recently discovered the value in asking for breedings from already-existing dragons, to speed up projects, instead of embarking on a months-long journey of creating giant family trees. There's a time and a place for both, and I am beginning to embrace the dragon search with a little more enthusiasm. And as I continue breeding, I expect that I will continue learning, as well.

I decided to celebrate my achievement by looking at the Dragonwish Foundation's achievements. At the time of writing this, we've granted 176 wishes since I started keeping records.

My records weren't always super detailed, and it was only relatively recently that I began keeping a detailed record of all our wishes granted, beyond just linking the dragon and the date they were given to the wisher. But, I currently have 83 entries of usable data, to explore the question: How long do wishes take?

It's a question I get often, and expectations from people have ranged from 5 days (the length of time it takes to nest a pair), to under a month, to maybe a couple months, and most aren't expecting the answer of "4-24 months", my estimate. But I figured, why not see what the data says?

For all 83 entries, we have:
Average Number of Days from Placement to Completion: 321
Average Number of Days from Assignment to Completion: 178

For the DWF, the big number here would be the first one, from the day the wisher placed the wish, to the day the wisher got the dragon. That's what most wishers want to know. For those interested in estimating breeding project time, the second number is more useful, as it indicates the time actually spent breeding a given project.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see how the Dragonwish Foundation was doing over time, so, for a very quick look, I divided the entries into two categories: Everything granted in the past 6 months, and everything granted before the past 6 months, and... the data seems to show that we're improving!

Prior to the last six months:
Average Number of Days from Placement to Completion: 371
Average Number of Days from Assignment to Completion: 182

The last six months:
Average Number of Days from Placement to Completion: 263
Average Number of Days from Assignment to Completion: 173

The big change is the number of days from placement to completion, and that's a factor of several things in play these days: In general, the wishlist is much more under control than it used to be, and the oldest unassigned wishes are just under 3 months old. Additionally, I have gotten better at keeping on top of wishes going awry by monitoring for inactivity. Lastly, we have a more robust network of systems in place these days to help speed up the projects, and we're continually working to improve it.

The number of days from assignment to completion hasn't changed much, and I suspect that's because there haven't been any major changes to how breeding is done on Flight Rising. It is still a good sign that the number has gone down, however small the gap is, because as Flight Rising adds more genes and breeds to the game, over time getting projects actually becomes more difficult, not less, so if all else was equal, I would expect this number to go up instead.

So, all that being said, what about some specifics? What's the longest time a wish has taken, and what's the shortest?

The longest wish took 1232 days from start to finish, while the breeding project for it only took 303 days. What happened? This specific wish, I had a breeder tell me they were working on it for several check-ins (each check-in is 6 months apart), and then finally tell me they had not done anything, because the wisher had a similar dragon already in their lair, and the breeder assumed the wisher therefore didn't want the wish any more.

When I asked the wisher, they did, in fact, still want the dragon, despite having a similar one in their lair, and the breeder went MIA so I took the wish over, and 303 days later, finally gave the very patient wisher their dragon.

The shortest wish, from placement to completion, is 6 days, and goes to the Christmas miracle I bred. There are a couple who have 0 days for a breeding project, and that's because we actually found and bought the dragon asked for, rather than bred for it. Even so, these wishes had to wait a bit for someone to find the dragon, and in total were all longer than the 6 day Gaoler. He is definitely an outlier, as is the 1232 day project.

Next, I wanted to look at the data, by breed, and by breed rarity. Unfortunately, this is where the data isn't as reliable, as some breeds only had a couple entries, while others had none. But, there's still some interesting information to see.

As I predicted, the time varies between tiers of breed rarity in relatively uniform order: Plentifuls are the fastest, and the length of time increases each tier, with Rare breeds being the slowest. Within tiers, however, the breed differences were too unreliable, as I am now dealing with data sets of only 12 (Spirals) at most, and some breeds (Guardians, Snappers, Banescales) had none.

There are a few more issues with the data overall, such as changed placement or assigned dates making some wishes appear to take shorter or longer than they really did, and some of the wishes not actually being projects, etc. Therefore, this has been an interesting look at the numbers, but I am going to revisit this once I have 250 lines of data... which should be, if I record everything meticulously, wish number 291. Look for another visit to the statistics then!
I... completely forgot to take note of something special about the triple Thicket Wildclaw. He is the 50th breeding project I personally have completed. He is the 51st dragon listed, but two of the dragons before him came from the same nest, and therefore same breeding project, so, 50 projects completed.

I have learned a lot from all these projects. Through trial and error, I learned precisely what i need to reliably reach the goal dragon. I have refined the pyramid breeding scheme over the years, to the point that I need to re-write my guide.

I have also learned that sometimes, I take way longer than I needed to on a given project. I have only recently discovered the value in asking for breedings from already-existing dragons, to speed up projects, instead of embarking on a months-long journey of creating giant family trees. There's a time and a place for both, and I am beginning to embrace the dragon search with a little more enthusiasm. And as I continue breeding, I expect that I will continue learning, as well.

I decided to celebrate my achievement by looking at the Dragonwish Foundation's achievements. At the time of writing this, we've granted 176 wishes since I started keeping records.

My records weren't always super detailed, and it was only relatively recently that I began keeping a detailed record of all our wishes granted, beyond just linking the dragon and the date they were given to the wisher. But, I currently have 83 entries of usable data, to explore the question: How long do wishes take?

It's a question I get often, and expectations from people have ranged from 5 days (the length of time it takes to nest a pair), to under a month, to maybe a couple months, and most aren't expecting the answer of "4-24 months", my estimate. But I figured, why not see what the data says?

For all 83 entries, we have:
Average Number of Days from Placement to Completion: 321
Average Number of Days from Assignment to Completion: 178

For the DWF, the big number here would be the first one, from the day the wisher placed the wish, to the day the wisher got the dragon. That's what most wishers want to know. For those interested in estimating breeding project time, the second number is more useful, as it indicates the time actually spent breeding a given project.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see how the Dragonwish Foundation was doing over time, so, for a very quick look, I divided the entries into two categories: Everything granted in the past 6 months, and everything granted before the past 6 months, and... the data seems to show that we're improving!

Prior to the last six months:
Average Number of Days from Placement to Completion: 371
Average Number of Days from Assignment to Completion: 182

The last six months:
Average Number of Days from Placement to Completion: 263
Average Number of Days from Assignment to Completion: 173

The big change is the number of days from placement to completion, and that's a factor of several things in play these days: In general, the wishlist is much more under control than it used to be, and the oldest unassigned wishes are just under 3 months old. Additionally, I have gotten better at keeping on top of wishes going awry by monitoring for inactivity. Lastly, we have a more robust network of systems in place these days to help speed up the projects, and we're continually working to improve it.

The number of days from assignment to completion hasn't changed much, and I suspect that's because there haven't been any major changes to how breeding is done on Flight Rising. It is still a good sign that the number has gone down, however small the gap is, because as Flight Rising adds more genes and breeds to the game, over time getting projects actually becomes more difficult, not less, so if all else was equal, I would expect this number to go up instead.

So, all that being said, what about some specifics? What's the longest time a wish has taken, and what's the shortest?

The longest wish took 1232 days from start to finish, while the breeding project for it only took 303 days. What happened? This specific wish, I had a breeder tell me they were working on it for several check-ins (each check-in is 6 months apart), and then finally tell me they had not done anything, because the wisher had a similar dragon already in their lair, and the breeder assumed the wisher therefore didn't want the wish any more.

When I asked the wisher, they did, in fact, still want the dragon, despite having a similar one in their lair, and the breeder went MIA so I took the wish over, and 303 days later, finally gave the very patient wisher their dragon.

The shortest wish, from placement to completion, is 6 days, and goes to the Christmas miracle I bred. There are a couple who have 0 days for a breeding project, and that's because we actually found and bought the dragon asked for, rather than bred for it. Even so, these wishes had to wait a bit for someone to find the dragon, and in total were all longer than the 6 day Gaoler. He is definitely an outlier, as is the 1232 day project.

Next, I wanted to look at the data, by breed, and by breed rarity. Unfortunately, this is where the data isn't as reliable, as some breeds only had a couple entries, while others had none. But, there's still some interesting information to see.

As I predicted, the time varies between tiers of breed rarity in relatively uniform order: Plentifuls are the fastest, and the length of time increases each tier, with Rare breeds being the slowest. Within tiers, however, the breed differences were too unreliable, as I am now dealing with data sets of only 12 (Spirals) at most, and some breeds (Guardians, Snappers, Banescales) had none.

There are a few more issues with the data overall, such as changed placement or assigned dates making some wishes appear to take shorter or longer than they really did, and some of the wishes not actually being projects, etc. Therefore, this has been an interesting look at the numbers, but I am going to revisit this once I have 250 lines of data... which should be, if I record everything meticulously, wish number 291. Look for another visit to the statistics then!
l6nCFA8.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62106413][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/621065/62106413_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Project Complete![/i][/b][/center] Whew, I meant to write this shortly after the statistics post, because that was when it was actually completed, but life got a little busy and it fell to the wayside. Breeding for just colours was a much easier process for this project than to try to breed for genes as well. So, this one has been completed relatively quickly, and I am quite pleased with that! On the topic of completed projects, there are a couple who are very close now. In four days, the Midnight/Spearmint/Spearmint project will be completed. Why do I say that with certainty? I got a very helpful female to add to the project, and her first nest yielded this baby: [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62370508][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=24&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=18&winggene=21&wings=78&auth=c21ad911757758bd67b9d465c8c9a3361d104dfd&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] The baby is perfect! ...Except for that Starmap, I needed Metallic. It is by far the oldest wish on the wishlist, so the wish is definitely old enough to be eligible for a gem gene purchase by the DWF bank, but it's still a bummer, because many of the projects dragons, including her father, have Metallic. So, on the day she hatched, I noticed a couple other close pairs are almost ready to breed, and those two nests hatch in 4 days now. If they can get another perfect girl [i]with[/i] Metallic, I will prefer to have that one be the goal baby, but if they don't, then it's been long enough, and I will get the Metallic for this girl. The other projects that have made some good progress include the Oilslick/Caribbean/Robin Fae, finally, which is now down to just a 1 in 8 pair of Faes, and @Trilonyte, the Turquoise/White/Black has now officially seen its last first generation pairs off, and is now fully on generation two with some nice pairs. Progress! The Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod had a great nests recently as well, and with gem gene purchases could be completed immediately, like the Midnight/Spearmint/Spearmint. However, the wisher is currently inactive, so I will keep breeding to get some more genes inherited. I also have the secondary goal of getting a nice breeding pair from this project, which hasn't quite happened yet. The pair would be part of the theoretical hatchery I would make, and would help fill in the void that is this range. With all that being said, with so many projects close to completion, will I be taking on new projects? Still no. I've been making good use of that calender I put together, and it has done an excellent job of illustrating what nests I need and when, and currently, I still have far too many pairs for my own nests to adequately accommodate. The goal is to get the current Big Three - Red/Banana/Amethyst, Umber/Lapis/Robin, and Brick/Mulberry/Yellow - down to generation two at least, as they're taking up the most space and the most nests. After that, then I will be able to take on more projects.
62106413_350.png
Project Complete!

Whew, I meant to write this shortly after the statistics post, because that was when it was actually completed, but life got a little busy and it fell to the wayside. Breeding for just colours was a much easier process for this project than to try to breed for genes as well. So, this one has been completed relatively quickly, and I am quite pleased with that!

On the topic of completed projects, there are a couple who are very close now. In four days, the Midnight/Spearmint/Spearmint project will be completed. Why do I say that with certainty? I got a very helpful female to add to the project, and her first nest yielded this baby:
dragon?age=0&body=11&bodygene=24&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=18&winggene=21&wings=78&auth=c21ad911757758bd67b9d465c8c9a3361d104dfd&dummyext=prev.png

The baby is perfect! ...Except for that Starmap, I needed Metallic. It is by far the oldest wish on the wishlist, so the wish is definitely old enough to be eligible for a gem gene purchase by the DWF bank, but it's still a bummer, because many of the projects dragons, including her father, have Metallic. So, on the day she hatched, I noticed a couple other close pairs are almost ready to breed, and those two nests hatch in 4 days now. If they can get another perfect girl with Metallic, I will prefer to have that one be the goal baby, but if they don't, then it's been long enough, and I will get the Metallic for this girl.

The other projects that have made some good progress include the Oilslick/Caribbean/Robin Fae, finally, which is now down to just a 1 in 8 pair of Faes, and @Trilonyte, the Turquoise/White/Black has now officially seen its last first generation pairs off, and is now fully on generation two with some nice pairs. Progress!

The Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod had a great nests recently as well, and with gem gene purchases could be completed immediately, like the Midnight/Spearmint/Spearmint. However, the wisher is currently inactive, so I will keep breeding to get some more genes inherited. I also have the secondary goal of getting a nice breeding pair from this project, which hasn't quite happened yet. The pair would be part of the theoretical hatchery I would make, and would help fill in the void that is this range.

With all that being said, with so many projects close to completion, will I be taking on new projects? Still no. I've been making good use of that calender I put together, and it has done an excellent job of illustrating what nests I need and when, and currently, I still have far too many pairs for my own nests to adequately accommodate. The goal is to get the current Big Three - Red/Banana/Amethyst, Umber/Lapis/Robin, and Brick/Mulberry/Yellow - down to generation two at least, as they're taking up the most space and the most nests. After that, then I will be able to take on more projects.
l6nCFA8.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62370508][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623706/62370508_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Project Complete![/i][/b][/center] Well, that was obviously a given, but I meant to write about her sooner. Something about being busy and all that. And I didn't have much to write other than her. But now, I do have something to share in addition to her... another one-breeding wonder. And wow, that's a wonder. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63306951][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/633070/63306951_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Another Project Complete![/i][/b][/center] Rueben's owner is now officially the luckiest wisher at the Dragonwish Foundation. There have been two primals that granted wishes in the past, but Rueben is the first that was also exactly what the wisher wanted to boot. I haven't posted about Rueben's project before, and that's because he was acquired through a single breeding attempt - there was nearly no time between start and finish. I did some scouting to see if there were any wishes we could grant instantly, and found and successfully borrowed two dragons with his exact colours. All I needed was a boy, and I got one! I do still consider him to be a "breeding project", and he's a fine example of the fastest possible breeding projects - requesting breedings from already-existing dragons. Requesting and arranging breedings is still something I'm trying to get used to, and I think I have much more room to improve - I give up this route pretty quickly if there isn't anything immediately close. I know other breeders who do ask for breedings from longer range pairs and seem to do so successfully, but I have yet to figure out their secrets. My newest project is a pretty good example of that. I did finally take up a new project, as two of the Big Three projects did finally get smaller. (Brick/Mulberry/Yellow is fighting me tooth and nail, though...) [quote] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=42&bodygene=12&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=114&auth=61387d2312734e71f038999a13818012bd134a3e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Lemon Giraffe/Amethyst Trail/Orca Capsule Shadow, Ice, Earth, Light, Arcane or Fire Wildclaw Start date: August 12, 2020 [i]Status: 5/10 starter pairs acquired.[/i] [/columns] [/quote] I checked the dragon search for close dragons to this Wildclaw, but found just two active Wildclaws within the range I was searching, and could not find either of them a suitable mate. I felt uncomfortable searching a wider range, so it was off to the AH to set up a pyramid project instead. Not too surprising, I think Wildclaw or Coatl projects in general will always remain nearly impossible to do directly from already-existing dragons, unless the project is in a range that's actually bred. The observant may notice, I apparently need 10 pairs for my first generation for this project. Either that's too many for an 8-pair start, or too few for a 16-pair start, so what gives? I've been slowly working on re-writing my breeding guide, and one of the things I wanted to add was a way for people to know what colour ranges are acceptable for which generation, and I've got that information figured out now, and used it for this project. From the DWF nursery, I got two dragons for this project that are much, much closer than anything else I can find. So, naturally, they should fit in to a generation further down the line, when the ranges start tightening up. I figured out precisely which generations I should plop them in, using the knowledge of what colour ranges are ideal for each generation, and since I have them, I don't need the pairs they're essentially replacing. It'll be interesting to see if this actually works, or if I'm playing a bad gamble. For science!
62370508_350.png
Project Complete!

Well, that was obviously a given, but I meant to write about her sooner. Something about being busy and all that. And I didn't have much to write other than her.

But now, I do have something to share in addition to her... another one-breeding wonder. And wow, that's a wonder.
63306951_350.png
Another Project Complete!

Rueben's owner is now officially the luckiest wisher at the Dragonwish Foundation. There have been two primals that granted wishes in the past, but Rueben is the first that was also exactly what the wisher wanted to boot.

I haven't posted about Rueben's project before, and that's because he was acquired through a single breeding attempt - there was nearly no time between start and finish. I did some scouting to see if there were any wishes we could grant instantly, and found and successfully borrowed two dragons with his exact colours. All I needed was a boy, and I got one! I do still consider him to be a "breeding project", and he's a fine example of the fastest possible breeding projects - requesting breedings from already-existing dragons.

Requesting and arranging breedings is still something I'm trying to get used to, and I think I have much more room to improve - I give up this route pretty quickly if there isn't anything immediately close. I know other breeders who do ask for breedings from longer range pairs and seem to do so successfully, but I have yet to figure out their secrets.

My newest project is a pretty good example of that. I did finally take up a new project, as two of the Big Three projects did finally get smaller. (Brick/Mulberry/Yellow is fighting me tooth and nail, though...)
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=42&bodygene=12&breed=10&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=114&auth=61387d2312734e71f038999a13818012bd134a3e&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Lemon Giraffe/Amethyst Trail/Orca Capsule Shadow, Ice, Earth, Light, Arcane or Fire Wildclaw

Start date: August 12, 2020

I checked the dragon search for close dragons to this Wildclaw, but found just two active Wildclaws within the range I was searching, and could not find either of them a suitable mate. I felt uncomfortable searching a wider range, so it was off to the AH to set up a pyramid project instead. Not too surprising, I think Wildclaw or Coatl projects in general will always remain nearly impossible to do directly from already-existing dragons, unless the project is in a range that's actually bred.

The observant may notice, I apparently need 10 pairs for my first generation for this project. Either that's too many for an 8-pair start, or too few for a 16-pair start, so what gives? I've been slowly working on re-writing my breeding guide, and one of the things I wanted to add was a way for people to know what colour ranges are acceptable for which generation, and I've got that information figured out now, and used it for this project.

From the DWF nursery, I got two dragons for this project that are much, much closer than anything else I can find. So, naturally, they should fit in to a generation further down the line, when the ranges start tightening up. I figured out precisely which generations I should plop them in, using the knowledge of what colour ranges are ideal for each generation, and since I have them, I don't need the pairs they're essentially replacing. It'll be interesting to see if this actually works, or if I'm playing a bad gamble. For science!
l6nCFA8.png
[center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63366052][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/633661/63366052_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63390185][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/633902/63390185_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Projects Complete![/i][/b][/center] Yeah, these were bound to complete themselves on any nest now, since they both had 1-in-8 pairs. (The Wildclaw actually had 3 1-in-8 pairs.) The Wildclaw project was one of those miraculously swift projects that flew through the generations, and it was enjoyable having one Wildclaw/Coatl project that was progressing well. All my current Wildclaw projects are rather... hairy, so far. The Fae project was surprisingly stubborn for a while there, but we got to the end, eventually. Thank goodness for the short cooldowns. I did pick up the remaining pairs I needed for the new Lemon/Amethyst/Orca Wildclaw project. I'm going to try to make some thorough notes on this one, as I want to use it in the breeding guide as an example of improvisation with a pyramid plan. Technically, this project is a "16-pair" start, meaning there will be 5 generations involved. However, because of the 2 dragons I got from the nursery, and 1 more that I am borrowing, 8 out of the 16 pairs in the first generation are unneeded. I have plunked them into the appropriate generations that they fit. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61443045][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/614431/61443045.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61392677][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/613927/61392677.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49278179][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/492782/49278179.png[/img][/url] [size=2][i](Why are they all Coatls, though?)[/i][/size][/center] Another interesting part of this project was the fact that I wound up picking up dragons from another DWF breeder's project for it. If that breeder hadn't been working on that project, I would have been struggling to find enough potential dragons to work with. This has been a reminder that I really should start double-checking all the rejects I breed, just in case any are close to a future project. It's a lot of work, though, and I've already got a mountain of work on my plate. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60728231][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/607283/60728231.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61232254][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/612323/61232254.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61496177][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/614962/61496177.png[/img][/url][/center] A last consideration I've got for this project, is the fact that I have picked up dragons related closely enough to each other that their kids will still be related to each other, so that has added in another tricky piece of this puzzle. The last project where I've had to be careful with this is the Red/Red/Metals project, so it's been some time. Wish me luck! This will either go really smoothly, or really horribly, and there's only one way to find out.
63366052_350.png
63390185_350.png
Projects Complete!

Yeah, these were bound to complete themselves on any nest now, since they both had 1-in-8 pairs. (The Wildclaw actually had 3 1-in-8 pairs.) The Wildclaw project was one of those miraculously swift projects that flew through the generations, and it was enjoyable having one Wildclaw/Coatl project that was progressing well. All my current Wildclaw projects are rather... hairy, so far. The Fae project was surprisingly stubborn for a while there, but we got to the end, eventually. Thank goodness for the short cooldowns.

I did pick up the remaining pairs I needed for the new Lemon/Amethyst/Orca Wildclaw project. I'm going to try to make some thorough notes on this one, as I want to use it in the breeding guide as an example of improvisation with a pyramid plan. Technically, this project is a "16-pair" start, meaning there will be 5 generations involved. However, because of the 2 dragons I got from the nursery, and 1 more that I am borrowing, 8 out of the 16 pairs in the first generation are unneeded. I have plunked them into the appropriate generations that they fit.
61443045.png61392677.png49278179.png
(Why are they all Coatls, though?)

Another interesting part of this project was the fact that I wound up picking up dragons from another DWF breeder's project for it. If that breeder hadn't been working on that project, I would have been struggling to find enough potential dragons to work with. This has been a reminder that I really should start double-checking all the rejects I breed, just in case any are close to a future project. It's a lot of work, though, and I've already got a mountain of work on my plate.
60728231.png61232254.png61496177.png
A last consideration I've got for this project, is the fact that I have picked up dragons related closely enough to each other that their kids will still be related to each other, so that has added in another tricky piece of this puzzle. The last project where I've had to be careful with this is the Red/Red/Metals project, so it's been some time. Wish me luck! This will either go really smoothly, or really horribly, and there's only one way to find out.
l6nCFA8.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63555596][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/635556/63555596_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63567026][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/635671/63567026_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Projects Complete![/i][/b][/center] Ey! Two very close near-misses were deemed acceptable, being almost indistinguishable from the goals, completing these two projects! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63650262][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/636503/63650262.png[/img][/url] [size=2][i](And then this little stinker hatched afterwards from a different nest. Just for some, y'know, last second spite.)[/i][/size][/center] At "just" 14 projects, the itch to pick up another DWF wish to work on has been real. However, I am currently mid-check-in, which means I am leaving myself with space to take on more projects... in case I find at the end of the check-in that a few need reassigning. So, in the meantime, I have made do with picking up another personal project instead, since one of my two is now down to just two pairs, so not much going. [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=139&auth=c7459c7b2089d0894c19dad2a570ae62ac2779dd&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]Personal Projects:[/b] Cream Iridescent/Flaxen Alloy/Any Basic Lightning female Skydancer Start date: September 14, 2020 [i]Status: 1 in 8 pair right out the gate, aw yiss.[/i] [/columns][/quote] This project got a huge boon when my friend hatched a Coatl in their own breeding project who, other than the wrong eye colour (RIP), is almost perfect. I took the opportunity to hunt for a mate for her via Dragon Search, and have a 1 in 8 pair right off the bat! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60592779][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/605928/60592779.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63433674][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/634337/63433674.png[/img][/url][/center] ...But I would be a fool to rely on just a 1 in 8 pair, especially when a Coatl is involved, so I bought a back-up pair so that I can breed rejects to something else. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58363160][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/583632/58363160.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63687344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/636874/63687344.png[/img][/url][/center] Having acquired another project that is still [i]tiny[/i], I wanted to pick up [i]another[/i] personal project, and was going to use the dragon search again... except that all dragons have been fed today as a courtesy due to the long maintenance time, and I can no longer tell who is inactive. So I guess I am forced to wait. And hey, maybe my friend will, in that time, breed a Cream/Gold Wildclaw. It is what my next personal project is going to be, and happens to be what my friend is breeding for as well. (Well, she's going for Cream/Gold/Terracotta specifically.) ----- For the rest of my projects, I have been making some good progress in a few. Thanks to a few lucky babies, the Umber/Lapis/Robin Imperial project has surged ahead, and we're now on generation 3 and 4. I have a couple generation 2 pairs left, as back-ups in case things go belly up, but may wind up never needing them at all. The Teal/Rose/Rose Gaoler project also made some serious head way, and I got to discard the remaining generation 1 pairs, and most of the generation 2 pairs, and I am now on generation 2 & 3. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63838978][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638390/63838978.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63852253][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638523/63852253.png[/img][/url] [size=2][i](And I'm getting some stinkin' cute babies from it!)[/i][/size][/center] The one exception to my projects doing well is the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow Wildclaw project. I am on the fourth round of breeding the first generation, and have only 2 second generation pairs formed. Every single nest has been filled with abysmal failures, and I'm left with slim pickings among barely usable dragons. It might be time to re-visit the AH, to see if there's anything in there that can replace some of the worst offenders. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63873740][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638738/63873740.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63873741][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638738/63873741.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63873742][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638738/63873742.png[/img][/url] [size=2][i](This nest had one job: Get Wildclaws.)[/i][/size][/center]
63555596_350.png
63567026_350.png
Projects Complete!

Ey! Two very close near-misses were deemed acceptable, being almost indistinguishable from the goals, completing these two projects!
63650262.png
(And then this little stinker hatched afterwards from a different nest.
Just for some, y'know, last second spite.)

At "just" 14 projects, the itch to pick up another DWF wish to work on has been real. However, I am currently mid-check-in, which means I am leaving myself with space to take on more projects... in case I find at the end of the check-in that a few need reassigning. So, in the meantime, I have made do with picking up another personal project instead, since one of my two is now down to just two pairs, so not much going.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=163&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=17&wings=139&auth=c7459c7b2089d0894c19dad2a570ae62ac2779dd&dummyext=prev.png Personal Projects:
Cream Iridescent/Flaxen Alloy/Any Basic Lightning female Skydancer

Start date: September 14, 2020
This project got a huge boon when my friend hatched a Coatl in their own breeding project who, other than the wrong eye colour (RIP), is almost perfect. I took the opportunity to hunt for a mate for her via Dragon Search, and have a 1 in 8 pair right off the bat!
60592779.png63433674.png
...But I would be a fool to rely on just a 1 in 8 pair, especially when a Coatl is involved, so I bought a back-up pair so that I can breed rejects to something else.
58363160.png63687344.png
Having acquired another project that is still tiny, I wanted to pick up another personal project, and was going to use the dragon search again... except that all dragons have been fed today as a courtesy due to the long maintenance time, and I can no longer tell who is inactive. So I guess I am forced to wait. And hey, maybe my friend will, in that time, breed a Cream/Gold Wildclaw. It is what my next personal project is going to be, and happens to be what my friend is breeding for as well. (Well, she's going for Cream/Gold/Terracotta specifically.)

For the rest of my projects, I have been making some good progress in a few. Thanks to a few lucky babies, the Umber/Lapis/Robin Imperial project has surged ahead, and we're now on generation 3 and 4. I have a couple generation 2 pairs left, as back-ups in case things go belly up, but may wind up never needing them at all. The Teal/Rose/Rose Gaoler project also made some serious head way, and I got to discard the remaining generation 1 pairs, and most of the generation 2 pairs, and I am now on generation 2 & 3.
63838978.png63852253.png
(And I'm getting some stinkin' cute babies from it!)

The one exception to my projects doing well is the Brick/Mulberry/Yellow Wildclaw project. I am on the fourth round of breeding the first generation, and have only 2 second generation pairs formed. Every single nest has been filled with abysmal failures, and I'm left with slim pickings among barely usable dragons. It might be time to re-visit the AH, to see if there's anything in there that can replace some of the worst offenders.
63873740.png63873741.png63873742.png
(This nest had one job: Get Wildclaws.)
l6nCFA8.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64036428][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/640365/64036428_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64010720][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/640108/64010720_350.png[/img][/url] [i][b]Projects Complete![/b][/i][/center] We finally finished an older wish, and we had another one-nest wonder! For the Coatl, a boy was wanted, but I managed to hatch this girl. With the wonderful new addition, the silhouette scroll, that wound up being perfectly acceptable. And for the Skydancer, the 1 in 8 pair wound up hatching her on their first nest, heck yes. Well, with such a quick personal project done, I decided to dive into... another personal project. I'm not doing the Cream/Gold Wildclaw, I decided I'll pick up the scraps from my friend's project. Instead, I have decided to start a [i]different[/i] project. One that does not promise to be quick or easy. In fact, I am adding a layer of complexity that is already giving me a headache just thinking about it. [quote] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=25&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=2&winggene=38&wings=172&auth=1e87fa744dfcf7d0b9258fc799c2a5d1ce0803e6&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]Personal Projects:[/b] Steel Phantom/Sunset Breakup/Turquoise or Aqua Veined Plague female Gaoler. Start date: September 24, 2020 [i]Status: Y'know what's harder than breeding for one Gaoler? Breeding for a pair of Gaolers![/i] [/columns] [/quote] This project's goal is threefold: One, I want that dragon. Obvious enough. But two: I'd like a breeding pair, so that I can breed more Gaolers like this, in case anyone else wants one. And three, I am trying to fill my breeding guide with more examples, especially of variations on breeding methods, and this one is... a big one, and one I definitely don't have any already-existing examples for. First, I am embarking on a 16-pair start. We're dealing with Gaolers in a weird colour range, so already we're going to need to start from far away. On top of that, I'd like a breeding pair, and while the final pair from a 16-pair start will produce the goal kid, it's too difficult to also have them [i]be[/i] the goal themselves (aka, the breeding pair I want), as well. To get around this... we're going to do the project twice... and simultaneously, using the same 16 starter pairs. 16 pairs gives enough generations between the original pairs and the final baby that the final baby isn't actually related to the original pairs - and any other offspring they produce that isn't a direct ancestor of the final baby. So, the idea is, when we make second generation pairs, we keep the original 16 and make a different set of second generation pairs. We then keep the sets separate, and the end result is two final babies unrelated to the original parents, and therefore unrelated to each other. The logistics of keeping this organized is going to be... nightmarish, I am sure. But I have to try... for science. Then I can judge whether or not this will be practical and whether I should include it in my guide.
64036428_350.png
64010720_350.png
Projects Complete!

We finally finished an older wish, and we had another one-nest wonder! For the Coatl, a boy was wanted, but I managed to hatch this girl. With the wonderful new addition, the silhouette scroll, that wound up being perfectly acceptable. And for the Skydancer, the 1 in 8 pair wound up hatching her on their first nest, heck yes.

Well, with such a quick personal project done, I decided to dive into... another personal project. I'm not doing the Cream/Gold Wildclaw, I decided I'll pick up the scraps from my friend's project. Instead, I have decided to start a different project. One that does not promise to be quick or easy. In fact, I am adding a layer of complexity that is already giving me a headache just thinking about it.
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=25&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=149&tertgene=2&winggene=38&wings=172&auth=1e87fa744dfcf7d0b9258fc799c2a5d1ce0803e6&dummyext=prev.png Personal Projects:
Steel Phantom/Sunset Breakup/Turquoise or Aqua Veined Plague female Gaoler.

Start date: September 24, 2020
Status: Y'know what's harder than breeding for one Gaoler? Breeding for a pair of Gaolers!
This project's goal is threefold: One, I want that dragon. Obvious enough. But two: I'd like a breeding pair, so that I can breed more Gaolers like this, in case anyone else wants one. And three, I am trying to fill my breeding guide with more examples, especially of variations on breeding methods, and this one is... a big one, and one I definitely don't have any already-existing examples for.

First, I am embarking on a 16-pair start. We're dealing with Gaolers in a weird colour range, so already we're going to need to start from far away. On top of that, I'd like a breeding pair, and while the final pair from a 16-pair start will produce the goal kid, it's too difficult to also have them be the goal themselves (aka, the breeding pair I want), as well. To get around this... we're going to do the project twice... and simultaneously, using the same 16 starter pairs.

16 pairs gives enough generations between the original pairs and the final baby that the final baby isn't actually related to the original pairs - and any other offspring they produce that isn't a direct ancestor of the final baby. So, the idea is, when we make second generation pairs, we keep the original 16 and make a different set of second generation pairs. We then keep the sets separate, and the end result is two final babies unrelated to the original parents, and therefore unrelated to each other. The logistics of keeping this organized is going to be... nightmarish, I am sure. But I have to try... for science. Then I can judge whether or not this will be practical and whether I should include it in my guide.
l6nCFA8.png
@Ganondorf

This is so interesting and very impressive! As a newer player I am in awe of your 16 pair starts. I am starting my own project and have a 2 pair start since I found some dragons close to my colors, but man, cooldowns are frustrating. I wish I could just continuously breed them but I have to wait almost a month instead! Good luck with all your projects, both DWF and personal!
@Ganondorf

This is so interesting and very impressive! As a newer player I am in awe of your 16 pair starts. I am starting my own project and have a 2 pair start since I found some dragons close to my colors, but man, cooldowns are frustrating. I wish I could just continuously breed them but I have to wait almost a month instead! Good luck with all your projects, both DWF and personal!
...............0cDAarV.png
Pretty Dragons
• She/Her
Wishlist
Projects
• PST (FR) Time
Spotlight
63822925p.png
Looking For
0ubTlci.png
@RoseArcana, haha, the long cooldowns are why I take on so many projects at once. I pretty much always have something going on. That has its own troubles, of course, it's a bit of work to keep up with it all. xD ----- [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64181813][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/641819/64181813_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64274295][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/642743/64274295_350.png[/img][/url] [b][i]Projects Complete![/i][/b][/center] Well, we got a very lucky hatch for the Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod project, and that completed the project! Unfortunately, the wisher appears to be MIA, so I have stuck the girl in my den alongside two other wish dragons who have yet to be picked up. I also stuck a nice pair from the remaining dragons into my "[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/33793/1426274?name=&type=undefined]Hypothetical Hatchery[/url]" tab, to make pair #3. When should I make an official hatchery thread? I think 10 pairs is a good number to open with, but that might take me a while. On the other end of the spectrum, one of the two 1 in 12 pairs finally gave me an Oilslick/Dirt/Amber girl, and with two scrolls from me and two scrolls from the wisher, she is complete! Both projects are a relief to have finished, they were getting up there in age and that makes me anxious. Now if the Red/Red/Metals and the Red/Blue/White could finish, I could maybe be a little less anxious. So, of course, let's add to my anxiousness! The DWF check-in has concluded, and we had 8 wishes that needed reassigning. 6 were urgent, and 4 of the urgent wishes were picked up by other breeders, leaving me... the Coatls, of course. :P (Well, there were 3 Coatl wishes, but another breeder took the third!) [quote][columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=169&bodygene=14&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=10&winggene=24&wings=48&auth=3c4d56dc976e9516a8ea6126a43d91b2360c43ed&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Vermilion Jupiter/Fire Noxtide/Grapefruit Glimmer Fire or Light male Coatl. Start date: October 1, 2020 [i]Status: It hurts my soul to not go for the gem traits.[/i] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=132&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=168&tertgene=17&winggene=8&wings=132&auth=10286663b8401ad6f4a2a1ca90b945159e18777e&dummyext=prev.png[/img][nextcol] [b]DWF wish:[/b] Cerise Metallic/Cerise Facet/Strawberry Opal non-Plague male Coatl. Start date: October 5, 2020 [i]Status: Just started.[/i] [/columns][/quote] I was hashing out details for the Vermilion/Fire/Grapefruit, and felt a little too overwhelmed to also try to take another project on top of that one right away, so picked up the Cerise/Cerise/Strawberry a few days later, today. I am going to give myself a chance to get settled with this one, too, but I already have some promising prospects lined up, thanks to have access to two collections of triples! Once I'm good and settled with these two, and feeling a little more confident with the Steel/Sunset/Turquoise personal project, which I am still gathering pairs for, I am definitely itching for more projects, and I am eyeballing some wishes on the wishlist.
@RoseArcana, haha, the long cooldowns are why I take on so many projects at once. I pretty much always have something going on. That has its own troubles, of course, it's a bit of work to keep up with it all. xD

64181813_350.png
64274295_350.png
Projects Complete!

Well, we got a very lucky hatch for the Midnight/Goldenrod/Goldenrod project, and that completed the project! Unfortunately, the wisher appears to be MIA, so I have stuck the girl in my den alongside two other wish dragons who have yet to be picked up. I also stuck a nice pair from the remaining dragons into my "Hypothetical Hatchery" tab, to make pair #3. When should I make an official hatchery thread? I think 10 pairs is a good number to open with, but that might take me a while.

On the other end of the spectrum, one of the two 1 in 12 pairs finally gave me an Oilslick/Dirt/Amber girl, and with two scrolls from me and two scrolls from the wisher, she is complete!

Both projects are a relief to have finished, they were getting up there in age and that makes me anxious. Now if the Red/Red/Metals and the Red/Blue/White could finish, I could maybe be a little less anxious.

So, of course, let's add to my anxiousness! The DWF check-in has concluded, and we had 8 wishes that needed reassigning. 6 were urgent, and 4 of the urgent wishes were picked up by other breeders, leaving me... the Coatls, of course. :P (Well, there were 3 Coatl wishes, but another breeder took the third!)
Quote:
dragon?age=1&body=169&bodygene=14&breed=12&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=128&tertgene=10&winggene=24&wings=48&auth=3c4d56dc976e9516a8ea6126a43d91b2360c43ed&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Vermilion Jupiter/Fire Noxtide/Grapefruit Glimmer Fire or Light male Coatl.

Start date: October 1, 2020
dragon?age=1&body=132&bodygene=17&breed=12&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=168&tertgene=17&winggene=8&wings=132&auth=10286663b8401ad6f4a2a1ca90b945159e18777e&dummyext=prev.png DWF wish:
Cerise Metallic/Cerise Facet/Strawberry Opal non-Plague male Coatl.

Start date: October 5, 2020
I was hashing out details for the Vermilion/Fire/Grapefruit, and felt a little too overwhelmed to also try to take another project on top of that one right away, so picked up the Cerise/Cerise/Strawberry a few days later, today. I am going to give myself a chance to get settled with this one, too, but I already have some promising prospects lined up, thanks to have access to two collections of triples! Once I'm good and settled with these two, and feeling a little more confident with the Steel/Sunset/Turquoise personal project, which I am still gathering pairs for, I am definitely itching for more projects, and I am eyeballing some wishes on the wishlist.
l6nCFA8.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15